9-05 Call of the Copper Gate, Pathfinder 1e. Outpost VI (Inactive)

Game Master DoubleGold

Map


51 to 100 of 205 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | next > last >>
Scarab Sages

Male Human (Garundi) #43870-5 | Investigator 6| HP 51/51 | Init +1 | AC: 16 T:11 FF:18 | F: +4 (+4 vs Poison), R: +6 W: +7 (+1 Trans)|+1 Adam. Stinging Whip +7(1d3+2) | Perception +11 | Diplo +9 | UMD +13 | Sense Motive +14 | Spellcraft +10 |DD +12
Active:
Darkvision 6h, Barkskin 1h, Longstrider 1h

Las, using his jade wayfinder, casts guidance on himself and attempts to disable it.

Disable Device with Guidance: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (17) + 13 = 30
If it's not DD, then use that roll for whatever skill it is.


DungeonMaster

Las Lajas disables the beacon.
Treasure: Once the PCs have eliminated the threat, Zarta allows them to claim any items from the vault that they can find in working order. PCs can salvage three bags of shards of Aucturn as well as a masterworkbuckler, a masterwork starknife, a masterwork throwing axe, and specific tools that function as an adamantine flail.

Shards of Aucturn
This bag contains 56 assorted pieces of debris connected to the distant planet Aucturn. Dumping the bag fills a 10-foot square area with shards, which function as magic caltrops with a +1 bonus on their attack roll. If a creature steps on a shard, it suffers the usual effects of a caltrop injury, and the shards animate into a swarm (rolling their own initiative). The activated shards function as a spider swarm without poison. A creature that takes damage from the swarm must succeed at a DC 11 Fortitude save or take 1d2 points of precision damage from invasive lacerations to whichever ability score is currently the highest. Once activated, the shards attack their target and any other nearby creatures. After 5 rounds, the shards disintegrate.

Zarta lithely slips the wand back into the folds of her dress, her eyes darting around the blasted vault. “Nicely done. I’ll go to Ambrus and lift the lockdown. That being said, you still have work to do.” Her gaze falls upon the dormant glass sphere, its fluid contents now black and flecked with pinpricks of light. “I don’t know what caused this to happen, but I do recognize that item. The Society purchased it from the Arcanamirium a few weeks ago for further study when they told us they suspected its magic was somehow linked to the Dark Tapestry. It’s one of a set of three, and if this one malfunctioned, I anticipate the others won’t be far behind.”Zarta digs through one of the wrecked crates and emerges with three small lead boxes etched with sigils. She places the sphere into one of the boxes and fastens it shut. “At this point, our responsibility is to contain these devices before they cause any lasting damage. Get whatever supplies you need first. Once you are ready, head to the Arcanamirium, find the other two items, and place them inside these warding containers. Their magic is keyed to each other, so you shouldn’t need to disarm the other devices; just scoop them into the boxes and lock the lids. Once we have all three, we can figure out where to go from there. Do not delay, but tread carefully. The Society knows precious little about the forces of the Dark Tapestry, other than that those who deal with them haphazardly often find their sanity compromised.”
Ready to move onto the ARCANAMIRIUM?

Grand Lodge

male human slayer 6, HP 64/64, AC 22, T14, FF 20, F +8, R +8, W +6, Init. +4, Perc. +12(+15 traps)

Understood, Paracountess. We'll get it done... Doran says as he looks around.

We good to go, gents?

Scarab Sages

Male Human (Garundi) #43870-5 | Investigator 6| HP 51/51 | Init +1 | AC: 16 T:11 FF:18 | F: +4 (+4 vs Poison), R: +6 W: +7 (+1 Trans)|+1 Adam. Stinging Whip +7(1d3+2) | Perception +11 | Diplo +9 | UMD +13 | Sense Motive +14 | Spellcraft +10 |DD +12
Active:
Darkvision 6h, Barkskin 1h, Longstrider 1h

Las nods, "The sooner, the better."

Dark Archive

Male Human Bounty Hunter Slayer 5 / Rake URogue 2 (HP: 63/63 | AC: 17/12/16 | F+7 R+9 W+5| Init +1 | Percep +10 SM +10) Speed: 40

Can you throw the bags of the Shards or is it something you have to lay out like caltrops?

Aiden bows his head at Zarta. "Of course, Paracountess. Anything you desire." He takes one of the boxes from her.

Liberty's Edge

CN Male Nagaji 19/T 11/FF18, BAB +8 F+13/R+6/W+3 CMB +15(+17 w/Disarm) CMD 26(28 vs disarm) rage 12 of 12 left Bloodrager 4/Brawler 2/Fighter (High Guardian) 2 HP 72 / 72 Init +3, Per +13

With the last golem crashing to the floor in a heap, Khugron stopped fighting, letting the rage flow away.

4 rounds fatigued, still enlarged (4 minutes duration)


Level 6 | HP 23/45 | AC 23 T 13 FF 20 | CMB +6, CMD 21 | F: +3, R: +8, W: +6 | Init: + 3| Perc: +5 (+7 vs haunts), SM: +5 | Speed 20 ft | Darkvision 60', Blind-Fighting | | Active conditions: Heroism (+2 attacks, saves, skills)

"Onward!" shouts the Shining Knight, pointing his glowing sword in the direction of the door before charging out.

Scarab Sages

Male Human (Garundi) #43870-5 | Investigator 6| HP 51/51 | Init +1 | AC: 16 T:11 FF:18 | F: +4 (+4 vs Poison), R: +6 W: +7 (+1 Trans)|+1 Adam. Stinging Whip +7(1d3+2) | Perception +11 | Diplo +9 | UMD +13 | Sense Motive +14 | Spellcraft +10 |DD +12
Active:
Darkvision 6h, Barkskin 1h, Longstrider 1h

Las chuckles at the Knights outcry, "...well, he certainly is enthusiastic"


DungeonMaster

A lot of info here and a lot of skill checks, though I am allowing some roleplay here.
When you all arrive at the Arcanamirium’s reception desk, the student employees greet them with a cheerful demeanor uncommon among seasoned secretarial staff. The PCs must learn the proper names of the items they seek and where the items are presently stored without getting bogged down in reception’s bureaucracy or the staff’s inexperience.

accomplishing this task efficiently requires the PCs to succeed at a DC 15 Bluff, Diplomacy, Knowledge (local), or relevant Profession check, followed by a DC 18 Diplomacy, Intimidate, Knowledge (arcana), or Sense Motive check.

Then I need a knowledge arcana or history check after you complete that section

MAREN FULN’S OFFICE
When you arrive at Maren’s office, the door is locked. Hey shoo, go away. You from the Arcanamirium? You here to punish me, ain't you? Diplomacy, bluff or Intimidate to get him to open the door

Scarab Sages

Male Human (Garundi) #43870-5 | Investigator 6| HP 51/51 | Init +1 | AC: 16 T:11 FF:18 | F: +4 (+4 vs Poison), R: +6 W: +7 (+1 Trans)|+1 Adam. Stinging Whip +7(1d3+2) | Perception +11 | Diplo +9 | UMD +13 | Sense Motive +14 | Spellcraft +10 |DD +12
Active:
Darkvision 6h, Barkskin 1h, Longstrider 1h

Before departing, Las takes a moment to prepare an extract of Comprehend Languages, as well as another Shield.

Las look at his group and begins to realize he might be the most qualified. Using his jade wayfinder, Las attempts to convince the guard to let them pass.

"Good sir. We are on urgent business for Zarta. We are here to contain an imminent threat." Las holds up one of the containers and raises his finger to his lips as if to gesture to keep the matter quiet.

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 9 + 1 ⇒ (13) + 9 + 1 = 23

Dark Archive

Male Human Bounty Hunter Slayer 5 / Rake URogue 2 (HP: 63/63 | AC: 17/12/16 | F+7 R+9 W+5| Init +1 | Percep +10 SM +10) Speed: 40

Knowledge, Local: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (2) + 13 = 15
Intimidate: 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (11) + 17 = 28

Aiden walks into the reception area. He points to one young man and waves him over. "Young man, we are Pathfinders. It would seem that one of the items you recently sold us has malfunctioned. I am now holding you responsible. I'd like to see a list of recent sales the Arcanamirium's made. You can give me only the most recent to the Society if you wish, and you can get someone who has those records if you don't. But I need them promptly." He interrupts the man's protest and draws his curved knife. "No, don't make excuses. I've asked politely. Don't make me ask impolitely." He takes the tip of the knife and begins slowly carving into the desk, while he stares impatiently at the man.

When the list arrives, he points to the one listing the orb. "That one. Where are the others stored? I would hate for them to malfunction again and kill everyone here."

Knowledge, Arcana: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (14) + 5 = 19

Grand Lodge

male human slayer 6, HP 64/64, AC 22, T14, FF 20, F +8, R +8, W +6, Init. +4, Perc. +12(+15 traps)

Doran wracks his brain to see if he knows anything about the Arcanamirium.

know local: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (15) + 8 = 23

He carefully studies the man as the others talk to him, knowing speaking nicely isn't in his tool kit.

sense motive, studied target: 1d20 + 12 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 12 + 1 = 19

Liberty's Edge

CN Male Nagaji 19/T 11/FF18, BAB +8 F+13/R+6/W+3 CMB +15(+17 w/Disarm) CMD 26(28 vs disarm) rage 12 of 12 left Bloodrager 4/Brawler 2/Fighter (High Guardian) 2 HP 72 / 72 Init +3, Per +13

Intimidate Aid: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10
Khugron propped his weapon under his arm and cracked his knuckles with a smile at Aiden's comment.

Aid and +4 to the intimidate if still Large.


Level 6 | HP 23/45 | AC 23 T 13 FF 20 | CMB +6, CMD 21 | F: +3, R: +8, W: +6 | Init: + 3| Perc: +5 (+7 vs haunts), SM: +5 | Speed 20 ft | Darkvision 60', Blind-Fighting | | Active conditions: Heroism (+2 attacks, saves, skills)

Once outside Maren Fuln's office, The Shining Knight's voice raises an octave as he calls through the door. "Special delivery for Mister M. Fuln. I'll need you to sign for it, sir."

Bluff: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (1) + 9 = 10


DungeonMaster

You learn that the items are called “Beacons of Ralzeros”

Info you know about Dark Tapestry's Influence on Glorian.
The Dark Tapestry is the common term for the lifeless space between the stars.
Most efforts to plumb the secrets of the Dark Tapestry drive researchers to madness. Whatever powers lurk in the void are hideously alien and, thankfully, pay little attention to life on Golarion.
One of the Pathfinder Society’s foremost scholars of the Dark Tapestry is Paucol the Gray, but the disturbing things he’s learned have left him unstable and distractible. He accepts visitors only by appointment.
The object in the fungal vault resembles one astronomer’s depiction of Aucturn, the planet farthest from the sun in Golarion’s solar system. Not much is known about the enigmatic planet, other than that reaching it via teleportation or portal is exceedingly difficult and that only vile creatures can thrive in its poisonous atmosphere.
Another prominent scholar of the Dark Tapestry was a wizard called Ralzeros the Overwatched. Generations ago, he built laboratories designed to study extraterrestrial creatures and magic, before he mysteriously disappeared. Ralzeros’s laboratories eventually became the groundwork for the famous Blakros Museum, which was built upon the foundations of the wizard’s estate.

As Las Lagas speaks. Come in.
The floor of this workplace is layered in charcoal and gravel, with mounds of incense burning in regularly spaced wall sconces and two metal braziers to the north. Worktables, chairs, and haphazard stacks of papers take up the eastern half of the room. A glass sphere floats above a desk in the western section of the room, holding a roiling mass of dark liquid. Faint motes of light fly from the orb to a wide summoning circle that has been carefully drawn in the stone and ash, illuminating its circumference with subtly shifting numerological sigils.

Ask questions about what you know or about the room to Nggilth-Tsa first using roleplay, and I'll tell you the answer if you can get it. After a day or two in real life, I'll have you just roll the skill check involved. It is a little confusing as to how you're suppose to know what questions to ask in this section. A reason I'm giving you roleplay first and skill checks later.


Level 6 | HP 23/45 | AC 23 T 13 FF 20 | CMB +6, CMD 21 | F: +3, R: +8, W: +6 | Init: + 3| Perc: +5 (+7 vs haunts), SM: +5 | Speed 20 ft | Darkvision 60', Blind-Fighting | | Active conditions: Heroism (+2 attacks, saves, skills)

"In the name of all that is holy, yonder orb must be safely contained lest its dread nature be unleashed upon this place!" says the Shining Knight. He looks at Aiden and nods at the box he carries.

Dark Archive

Male Human Bounty Hunter Slayer 5 / Rake URogue 2 (HP: 63/63 | AC: 17/12/16 | F+7 R+9 W+5| Init +1 | Percep +10 SM +10) Speed: 40

Aiden takes in the scene. "What in the world is going on here?!" He spots the orb. "Do you know what that is? It's not a plaything. What is the liquid inside it?"

Scarab Sages

Male Human (Garundi) #43870-5 | Investigator 6| HP 51/51 | Init +1 | AC: 16 T:11 FF:18 | F: +4 (+4 vs Poison), R: +6 W: +7 (+1 Trans)|+1 Adam. Stinging Whip +7(1d3+2) | Perception +11 | Diplo +9 | UMD +13 | Sense Motive +14 | Spellcraft +10 |DD +12
Active:
Darkvision 6h, Barkskin 1h, Longstrider 1h

Waiting for answer to know what to ask next


DungeonMaster

One of you did ask a question close enough..so I'll give you the answer

What are these beacons? (Diplomacy or Spellcraft)
“Lights, bright lights, to hold in the dark. When the dark pushes back, the lights shine brighter, and there is balance, a seal on the gate. But the dark is everywhere now, even within the light, for the light now shines from the darkest stone in orbit. Maybe Corners of Spheres can now unseal the gate from inside. Why are all your senses on one head?” Failure to earn an answer grants Nggilth-Tsa a +2 bonus on its saving throws against the PCs. If a PC performs exceptionally on this question, all PCs gain a +2 bonus on saving throws against Nggilth-Tsa.

What gate do you mean? (Bluff or Knowledge [geography]) Roll 1 of these for you character to ask this question.

Who built the gate? (Knowledge [arcana] or Sense Motive) Roll 1 of these for you character to ask this question.

What lies beyond the gate? (Intimidate or Knowledge [engineering]) Roll 1 of these for you character to ask this question.

Scarab Sages

Male Human (Garundi) #43870-5 | Investigator 6| HP 51/51 | Init +1 | AC: 16 T:11 FF:18 | F: +4 (+4 vs Poison), R: +6 W: +7 (+1 Trans)|+1 Adam. Stinging Whip +7(1d3+2) | Perception +11 | Diplo +9 | UMD +13 | Sense Motive +14 | Spellcraft +10 |DD +12
Active:
Darkvision 6h, Barkskin 1h, Longstrider 1h

Geting a sense of how he can work the situation, Las goes to work using his jade wayfinder for guidance

"What gate do you mean?" Knowledge Geography wFree Inspiration+Guidance: 1d20 + 9 + 1d6 ⇒ (10) + 9 + (4) = 23

"Who built the gate?" Knowledge Arcana wFree Inspiration+Guidance: 1d20 + 12 + 1d6 ⇒ (13) + 12 + (3) = 28

Las decided to let someone else try and intimidate the creature.

Trying to learn more about the creature...Knowledge Planes wFree Inspiration+Guidance: 1d20 + 11 + 1d6 ⇒ (11) + 11 + (3) = 25


Level 6 | HP 23/45 | AC 23 T 13 FF 20 | CMB +6, CMD 21 | F: +3, R: +8, W: +6 | Init: + 3| Perc: +5 (+7 vs haunts), SM: +5 | Speed 20 ft | Darkvision 60', Blind-Fighting | | Active conditions: Heroism (+2 attacks, saves, skills)

@GM: Sorry, I'm a bit confused--an ongoing, persistent condition with no saving throw in my life :) So in Maren Fuln's office, there's someone named "Nggilth-Tsa"--who or what is this person? What do they look like? Thanks!

Dark Archive

Male Human Bounty Hunter Slayer 5 / Rake URogue 2 (HP: 63/63 | AC: 17/12/16 | F+7 R+9 W+5| Init +1 | Percep +10 SM +10) Speed: 40
DoubleGold wrote:
Why are all your senses on one head?”

Aiden shrugs. "How beings develops can mostly be by chance or unless the gods intervene. I bet it's actually to sense our food though."

"And what lies beyond the gate?" Aiden leans forward into Nggilth-Tsa space.
Intimidate: 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (8) + 17 = 25

Grand Lodge

male human slayer 6, HP 64/64, AC 22, T14, FF 20, F +8, R +8, W +6, Init. +4, Perc. +12(+15 traps)

Yes, I am curious who built the gate as well.. Doran asks.

sense motive, studied target: 1d20 + 12 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 12 + 1 = 16

I can try to beat Las' roll...

edit...nope...lol

Liberty's Edge

CN Male Nagaji 19/T 11/FF18, BAB +8 F+13/R+6/W+3 CMB +15(+17 w/Disarm) CMD 26(28 vs disarm) rage 12 of 12 left Bloodrager 4/Brawler 2/Fighter (High Guardian) 2 HP 72 / 72 Init +3, Per +13

Khugron looked at the others as he listened to their questions, adding his input where he can in the barrage of questions.

What gate do you mean? Bluff: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 1 = 20

Who built the gate? Sense Motive: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3

What lies beyond the gate? Intimidate: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6


DungeonMaster

You all pass with flying colors. So read the rewards, reposting the first reward so you have them all for reference
What are these beacons? (Diplomacy or Spellcraft)
“Lights, bright lights, to hold in the dark. When the dark pushes back, the lights shine brighter, and there is balance, a seal on the gate. But the dark is everywhere now, even within the light, for the light now shines from the darkest stone in orbit. Maybe Corners of Spheres can now unseal the gate from inside. Why are all your senses on one head?” Failure to earn an answer grants Nggilth-Tsa a +2 bonus on its saving throws against the PCs. If a PC performs exceptionally on this question, all PCs gain a +2 bonus on saving throws against Nggilth-Tsa

What gate do you mean? (Bluff or Knowledge
[geography]) “A door, a copper wall that moves. Pass from one side to the other, and the space changes. Pass from the other side, and it squirms. Built by a man going home from home. Could not quite make it, so he brought some of home through the door—made a house beyond the void. But his guests are homesick; they want to see the worlds. Would you kill to keep your taste?”
Failure to earn an answer grants Nggilth-Tsa a +2 bonus on its attack rolls against the PCs. If a PC performs exceptionally on this question, all PCs gain a +2 bonus on attack rolls against Nggilth-Tsa.

Who built the gate? (Knowledge [arcana] or Sense Motive)
“Ralzeros. He could make shapes from words and pain from thoughts. He loved this world but was drawn to another, like gravity. He thought Corners of Spheres could let him live in both, invited them into his house past space. But Ralzeros did not like the answers, left Corners of Spheres scratching at the door. Seems the lights are listening now. Do you devour those who hurt?” Failure to earn an answer grants Nggilth-Tsa a +2 bonus to its AC against the PCs. If a PC performs exceptionally on this question, all PCs gain a +2 bonus to their AC against Nggilth-Tsa.

What lies beyond the gate? (Intimidate or Knowledge
[engineering]) “Corners of Spheres. One who craves memories. One who longs for day to understand night. It is hard to warm a cold void. If you stop breathing, do your thoughts change color?”
Failure to earn an answer grants Nggilth-Tsa a +4 bonus on its initiative check against the PCs. If a PC performs exceptionally on this question, all PCs gain a +2 bonus on their initiative checks against Nggilth-Tsa.
Roll Init Don't forget your +2 bonus. Also, I see the check made to recall knowledge about the creature, I'll reveal that on your turn.


Level 6 | HP 23/45 | AC 23 T 13 FF 20 | CMB +6, CMD 21 | F: +3, R: +8, W: +6 | Init: + 3| Perc: +5 (+7 vs haunts), SM: +5 | Speed 20 ft | Darkvision 60', Blind-Fighting | | Active conditions: Heroism (+2 attacks, saves, skills)

I am confused--what is Nggilth-Tsa? Why are we fighting it?

Initiative: 1d20 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 3 + 2 = 7

@GM: It's quite common in play-by-post for the GM to roll all the PCs' Initiatives for them--it speeds things up.

Grand Lodge

male human slayer 6, HP 64/64, AC 22, T14, FF 20, F +8, R +8, W +6, Init. +4, Perc. +12(+15 traps)

init: 1d20 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 4 + 2 = 21

Scarab Sages

Male Human (Garundi) #43870-5 | Investigator 6| HP 51/51 | Init +1 | AC: 16 T:11 FF:18 | F: +4 (+4 vs Poison), R: +6 W: +7 (+1 Trans)|+1 Adam. Stinging Whip +7(1d3+2) | Perception +11 | Diplo +9 | UMD +13 | Sense Motive +14 | Spellcraft +10 |DD +12
Active:
Darkvision 6h, Barkskin 1h, Longstrider 1h

Init: 1d20 + 1 + 3 ⇒ (16) + 1 + 3 = 20

Dark Archive

Male Human Bounty Hunter Slayer 5 / Rake URogue 2 (HP: 63/63 | AC: 17/12/16 | F+7 R+9 W+5| Init +1 | Percep +10 SM +10) Speed: 40

Initiative: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 1 = 17

A description of Nggilth-Tsa would be helpful. I assume it's trying to stop us from taking one of the orbs?

Liberty's Edge

CN Male Nagaji 19/T 11/FF18, BAB +8 F+13/R+6/W+3 CMB +15(+17 w/Disarm) CMD 26(28 vs disarm) rage 12 of 12 left Bloodrager 4/Brawler 2/Fighter (High Guardian) 2 HP 72 / 72 Init +3, Per +13

Init: 1d20 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 3 + 2 = 22


DungeonMaster
The Shining Knight wrote:

I am confused--what is Nggilth-Tsa? Why are we fighting it?

@GM: It's quite common in play-by-post for the GM to roll all the PCs' Initiatives for them--it speeds things up.

It is an evil abberation trapped in a summoning circle and it finally broke free.

init: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (6) + 7 = 13 RHU-CHALIK
Also, someone made a check to identify things about it. Defensive Abilities all-around vision; Immune cold, disease. Also fast healing 2.
Combat. We are on slide 2. Take your turn if have above 13 init, and roll init if you haven't already.

Liberty's Edge

CN Male Nagaji 19/T 11/FF18, BAB +8 F+13/R+6/W+3 CMB +15(+17 w/Disarm) CMD 26(28 vs disarm) rage 12 of 12 left Bloodrager 4/Brawler 2/Fighter (High Guardian) 2 HP 72 / 72 Init +3, Per +13

PA FF: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (2) + 15 = 171d10 + 16 ⇒ (1) + 16 = 17
With a roar, Khugron strode forward and took a shot at the strange creature, his arms stretching out to close the distance.

I suspect that the Enlarge Person is over. +5' reach due to rage

Grand Lodge

male human slayer 6, HP 64/64, AC 22, T14, FF 20, F +8, R +8, W +6, Init. +4, Perc. +12(+15 traps)

Doran will try to get around the creature, hoping to expose its weak spots to him and the others. He stabs at it while circling it.

i'm on my phone right now...can someone move me please? still recovering from the flu...or something...

attack, PA, FF: 1d20 + 13 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 13 + 1 = 151d8 + 5 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 5 + 6 = 15
sword is adamantine...

Scarab Sages

Male Human (Garundi) #43870-5 | Investigator 6| HP 51/51 | Init +1 | AC: 16 T:11 FF:18 | F: +4 (+4 vs Poison), R: +6 W: +7 (+1 Trans)|+1 Adam. Stinging Whip +7(1d3+2) | Perception +11 | Diplo +9 | UMD +13 | Sense Motive +14 | Spellcraft +10 |DD +12
Active:
Darkvision 6h, Barkskin 1h, Longstrider 1h

Las moves up and uses his extract of Adhessive Spittle once he is within 15'

Dark Archive

Male Human Bounty Hunter Slayer 5 / Rake URogue 2 (HP: 63/63 | AC: 17/12/16 | F+7 R+9 W+5| Init +1 | Percep +10 SM +10) Speed: 40

Aiden takes the box and tries to grab the orb and put it inside.

No idea where the orb is in the room. If it's in the summoning circle near the creature, Aiden will do something else.


DungeonMaster

Khugron hits it hard, while Doran misses.
It tries to avoid the spit reflex: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6
It will try to cast some terror on Las Lajas Wis saving throw please If you fail take wis damage: 1d4 ⇒ 3 dc 16.
The rest of the heroes are up for round 1. And anyone who is before it can take their round 2.

Scarab Sages

Male Human (Garundi) #43870-5 | Investigator 6| HP 51/51 | Init +1 | AC: 16 T:11 FF:18 | F: +4 (+4 vs Poison), R: +6 W: +7 (+1 Trans)|+1 Adam. Stinging Whip +7(1d3+2) | Perception +11 | Diplo +9 | UMD +13 | Sense Motive +14 | Spellcraft +10 |DD +12
Active:
Darkvision 6h, Barkskin 1h, Longstrider 1h

Do I get the +2 save bonus you listed above

Also...."If the entangled creature attempts to cast a spell, it must make a concentration check with a DC of 15 + the spell’s level or be unable to cast the spell." So it has to make a DC 16 Concentration check

Grand Lodge

male human slayer 6, HP 64/64, AC 22, T14, FF 20, F +8, R +8, W +6, Init. +4, Perc. +12(+15 traps)

waiting to see if someone can flank with me...i can 5 ft step to make it better...

Liberty's Edge

CN Male Nagaji 19/T 11/FF18, BAB +8 F+13/R+6/W+3 CMB +15(+17 w/Disarm) CMD 26(28 vs disarm) rage 12 of 12 left Bloodrager 4/Brawler 2/Fighter (High Guardian) 2 HP 72 / 72 Init +3, Per +13

Seeing Doran next to the creature waiting for the time to strike, Khugron was happy to oblige as he moved around the table.

After Doran's attacks: 1d20 + 15 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 15 + 2 = 321d10 + 16 ⇒ (10) + 16 = 26

Grand Lodge

male human slayer 6, HP 64/64, AC 22, T14, FF 20, F +8, R +8, W +6, Init. +4, Perc. +12(+15 traps)

First mug is on me when we're done, Khugron! Doran says with savage satisfaction as he lashes out at the creature, seeking the weak spots in it's defenses.

attack1: 1d20 + 13 + 2 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 13 + 2 + 2 + 1 = 301d8 + 5 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 5 + 4 + 1 = 182d6 ⇒ (2, 3) = 5
attack2: 1d20 + 8 + 2 + 2 + 1 - 2 ⇒ (7) + 8 + 2 + 2 + 1 - 2 = 181d8 + 5 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 5 + 4 + 1 = 172d6 ⇒ (2, 2) = 4

power attack, furious focus, flank, studied target, the +2 bonus we got and weapon is adamantine...whew...


Level 6 | HP 23/45 | AC 23 T 13 FF 20 | CMB +6, CMD 21 | F: +3, R: +8, W: +6 | Init: + 3| Perc: +5 (+7 vs haunts), SM: +5 | Speed 20 ft | Darkvision 60', Blind-Fighting | | Active conditions: Heroism (+2 attacks, saves, skills)

"Return to thy place of banishment, demon-spawn!" shouts the Shining Knight, slashing down with his glowing blade.

Attack w/ +1 liming longsword: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (7) + 7 = 14
damage: 1d8 + 10 ⇒ (1) + 10 = 11


DungeonMaster
Las Lajas wrote:

Do I get the +2 save bonus you listed above

Also...."If the entangled creature attempts to cast a spell, it must make a concentration check with a DC of 15 + the spell’s level or be unable to cast the spell." So it has to make a DC 16 Concentration check

First quest yes.

Second Question. It is a special ability instead of a spell, does the check still apply? Project Terror (Su) As a standard action, a rhu-chalik can harness the fears of any creature on which it has successfully used
detect thoughts within the last minute. This effect creates
terrible, nightmarish visions in the target’s mind; the target
must succeed at a DC 16 Will save or be frightened and take
1d4 points of Wisdom damage. The save DC is Charisma-based.
concentration if it applies: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (9) + 6 = 15

Edit, nevermind, it can't do that yet, it has to detect thoughts on you first after rereading it, and it just failed to detect Las Lajas thoughts after seeing that concentration check.

Dark Archive

Male Human Bounty Hunter Slayer 5 / Rake URogue 2 (HP: 63/63 | AC: 17/12/16 | F+7 R+9 W+5| Init +1 | Percep +10 SM +10) Speed: 40

Was Aiden able to capture the orb? Is it able to be captured?


DungeonMaster

At this point, Doran and Khurgon take it out. End of combat Feel free to explore the room or whatever else you do.

You are handed treasure as an act of thanks.
scroll of magic circle against chaos, a lesser silent metamagic rod, a wand of anticipate peril (Pathfinder RPG Ultimate Magic 206) with 10 charges remaining, and a copy of Insights of Far-Seeing Taernis (Ultimate Magic 124) with its preparation ritual. And Maren also provides the PCs a wand of heroism with 8 charges remaining.


Level 6 | HP 23/45 | AC 23 T 13 FF 20 | CMB +6, CMD 21 | F: +3, R: +8, W: +6 | Init: + 3| Perc: +5 (+7 vs haunts), SM: +5 | Speed 20 ft | Darkvision 60', Blind-Fighting | | Active conditions: Heroism (+2 attacks, saves, skills)

"We have overcome all opposition! We must contain these foul Beacons of Ralzeros and return them safely to the Grand Lodge."

Re-reading Zarta's speech, it sounds like there are two at the Arcanamarium? Did we get both here or do we need to search some more?

Scarab Sages

Male Human (Garundi) #43870-5 | Investigator 6| HP 51/51 | Init +1 | AC: 16 T:11 FF:18 | F: +4 (+4 vs Poison), R: +6 W: +7 (+1 Trans)|+1 Adam. Stinging Whip +7(1d3+2) | Perception +11 | Diplo +9 | UMD +13 | Sense Motive +14 | Spellcraft +10 |DD +12
Active:
Darkvision 6h, Barkskin 1h, Longstrider 1h

Las will grab the want of anticipate peril and any other wands that no on can use normally. Las will also take the ritual if no one else can prepare it.

Las prepares another extract of Adhessive Spittle.


DungeonMaster
The Shining Knight wrote:

"We have overcome all opposition! We must contain these foul Beacons of Ralzeros and return them safely to the Grand Lodge."

Re-reading Zarta's speech, it sounds like there are two at the Arcanamarium? Did we get both here or do we need to search some more?

2 What? Beacons? You asking how many beacons there are?


Level 6 | HP 23/45 | AC 23 T 13 FF 20 | CMB +6, CMD 21 | F: +3, R: +8, W: +6 | Init: + 3| Perc: +5 (+7 vs haunts), SM: +5 | Speed 20 ft | Darkvision 60', Blind-Fighting | | Active conditions: Heroism (+2 attacks, saves, skills)

The Shining Knight looks around for anything else of interest.

Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6

@GM: Yes--it sounds like there are three Beacons of Ralzeros in total. We got one in Grand Lodge and one here. From Zarta's speech, it sounds like maybe two were in the Arcanamarium or am I mis-reading that?

Liberty's Edge

CN Male Nagaji 19/T 11/FF18, BAB +8 F+13/R+6/W+3 CMB +15(+17 w/Disarm) CMD 26(28 vs disarm) rage 12 of 12 left Bloodrager 4/Brawler 2/Fighter (High Guardian) 2 HP 72 / 72 Init +3, Per +13

"Deal!" Khugron said as the pair teamed up to deal with the strange creature.

Perception: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (16) + 13 = 29

With the battle over, the Nagaji took the time to search the room as the rage flowed away from him


DungeonMaster
The Shining Knight wrote:

The Shining Knight looks around for anything else of interest.

@GM: Yes--it sounds like there are three Beacons of Ralzeros in total. We got one in Grand Lodge and one here. From Zarta's speech, it sounds like maybe two were in the Arcanamarium or am I mis-reading that?

I'm only reading one here in the Arcanamarium, but doublechecking everything, I know you haven't missed any.

You get to the Blackros Museum.
The normally pristine ground level of the Blakros Museum resembles a battlefield. Scorch marks and chipped tiles mar the floor, and corpses of bloated fungi and armored crab-like monstrosities litter the foyer amid pools of acid and blood. Shards of glass lie scattered around an empty exhibit pedestal in the main hall.

51 to 100 of 205 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / 9-05 Pathfinder 1e, call of the copper gate outpost VI gameplay All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.