GM Dennis - SFS #5-05 Boom-Block Gambit

Game Master Dennis Muldoon

Maps & Handouts


1 to 50 of 176 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | next > last >>
Grand Lodge

BoomBlock || Spell Templates | Starship Roles | ◆◇↺

Please post something in this thread, then delete your post. This will add this game to your 'Campaigns' tab, but will leave the thread clear for gameplay once we get started. Any discussion or questions should go to the Discussion tab.

Grand Lodge

BoomBlock || Spell Templates | Starship Roles | ◆◇↺

Summoned to the Adamantine Bastille for a patrol assignment (see Handout #1 on slide 5), you find yourselves gathered in the lift heading down to the cellblock level where the first seeker has asked you to meet him. While you wait, you have a chance to greet each other, and to compare what you know about the Adamantine Bastille. Please take a moment to introduce your characters to each other, and to Gather Information or Recall Knowledge below.

---------

Computers or Culture to Recall Knowledge, or Diplomacy to Gather Information
PCs who played SFS #2-14 Data Purge automatically recall the information from the 30+ section (though not the lower sections).

10+:
The Starfinder Society has occasionally detained certain criminals and villains that posed an active threat to its agents or the interests of other beings or groups within the Pact Worlds.

15+:
The Society holds its prisoners within the Adamantine Bastille, a Starfinder-run prison that lies beneath the Lorespire Complex. Among those currently being held by the Society is Datch, the former Archdirector of Security for AbadarCorp and a confirmed criminal who waged a lengthy, multimedia smear campaign against the Starfinder Society and arranged the murder of numerous AbadarCorp employees.

20+:
Composed of a series of outer cells that surround three areas of high-security cellblocks designated as A-Block, B-block, and C-Block, the Adamantine Bastille is guarded by veteran Starfinder agents. Its existence has long been a source of consternation and discomfort for many Starfinder agents.

25+:
The B-block and C-block hold some of the most dangerous enemies of the Society as well as individuals with information too valuable to be kept unguarded. Adamantine security gates, anti-teleportation wards, analytic body scanners, and surveillance cameras are among the tools incorporated into the cellblocks to protect inmates and prevent their escape. The outer cells of A-Block have significantly less security, often housing guests who required a private and secure location to lay low or hide from enemies. In the past, the Starfinder Society has offered this service to special allies in dire need of remaining hidden from the rest of the galaxy.

30+:
Approximately two years ago, Datch infected the Lorespire Complex’s computer systems with malicious programming, granting her surveillance and control throughout the Starfinder Society’s headquarters. Discovering the intrusion, then First Seeker Luwazi Elsebo and Celita assigned an elite Starfinder team to secretly access Guidance’s core server. These agents snuck into the Lorespire Complex through the waste processing center and advanced up a waste chute into the Adamantine Bastille. From there, the agents accessed the maintenance tunnels leading to Guidance’s core server and uploaded antivirus files to rid the Complex’s systems of the malicious spyware.

Wayfinders

Shirren Envoy 6 | SP: 00/46 HP: 39/42 Res 5/5 | EAC 18 | KAC 21 | Fort +4 Ref +8 Will +6 | Init +3 | Percep +5 (tremor sense)

Wearing a long white coat covered in patches and pins is a Shirren. He was fiddeling with his datapad before getting into the elevator.
"Oh, ehm. Hi. Im Axtin. I am kinda a part time agent? I got a bit of a fashion side buisness and the Starfinder missions can get a bit intense at times... So I sometimes just take a bit of a break? But Im here now for this mission. Which is of course super obvious otherwise I wouldnt be in this elevator with you. Anyway, Its very nice to meet you."

Its clear that Axtin is a bit nervous.

Forum keeps eating my post when I put in a dice roll? I'll try rolling again tomorrow when hopefully the mighty hamsters that power the site are less willfull

Wayfinders

Female NG Damaya Lashunta Xenoseeker Mystic 7 (Star Sharman connection) | SP 4/42 HP 40/46 | RP 8/9 | EAC 20; KAC 20 (DR 5/-; Resist: Cold 5, Fire 5)| Fort +3; Ref +5; Will +11 | Init: +3| Perc: +18, SM: +13 | Speed 30ft | Detect Thoughts 1/1 Healing Touch 1/1 | Spells: 1st 3/6, 2nd 2/5, 3rd 2/3 | Active conditions: none.

A lanky lashunta looks up as Axtin speaks, still surreptitiously checking her equipment and supplies.

"Oh, welcome! Nice to meet you, too. I've been on a bit of a sabbatical as well and none of my gear feels right. I keep thinking I have likely forgotten the most basic and important stuff. Still, I'm sure we will muddle through just fine. I'm mostly here to support the team anyway.

"Would you like some soothing tea? I carry a flask with me for just such occasions. Oh, and I'm Sharmain. Like I said, a bit muddle headed at the moment. Maybe I should have brewed a clarity tea instead."

Sharmain pours a small portion of steaming liquid from a flask into a small cup and offers it to Axtin. A slightly sweet floral aroma drifts toward the shirren.

"Now, what can I remember about this meeting spot? It must be significant."

Culture to Recall Knowledge: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (17) + 13 = 30

"Oh, that's right, it's where we stashed that annoying ysoki!"

If others engage her in conversation, Sharmain will share all that she has recalled. (check the spoilers)

Wayfinders

Shirren Envoy 6 | SP: 00/46 HP: 39/42 Res 5/5 | EAC 18 | KAC 21 | Fort +4 Ref +8 Will +6 | Init +3 | Percep +5 (tremor sense)

Axtin gladly accepts the tea. "Oh thank you, yes, it smells delicious!"

Acquisitives

Female LN Shirren Cyberborn Mechanic 8 | SP 56/56 HP 54/54 | RP 9/9 | EAC 25; KAC 26 | Fort +7; Ref +11; Will +6 | Init: +5 | Perc: +13, SM: +10; blindsense (vibration) 60 ft. | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: none

Computers: 1d20 + 19 ⇒ (7) + 19 = 26

Another shirren enters the room, followed by a small robot with a large doshko attached.

She sends a telepathic greeting in Shirren to Axtin, then addresses everyone else out loud. "Hello! I'm Ishkitik. This is my champion battlebot Ishkitok. I promise she never got impacted by the Data Scourge; I checked her every day."

She reviews the assignment from Ehu Hadif. "I wonder which block we are patrolling today. B and C block have the most dangerous people."

I'm glad we picked different shirren avatars!

Wayfinders

Female NG Damaya Lashunta Xenoseeker Mystic 7 (Star Sharman connection) | SP 4/42 HP 40/46 | RP 8/9 | EAC 20; KAC 20 (DR 5/-; Resist: Cold 5, Fire 5)| Fort +3; Ref +5; Will +11 | Init: +3| Perc: +18, SM: +13 | Speed 30ft | Detect Thoughts 1/1 Healing Touch 1/1 | Spells: 1st 3/6, 2nd 2/5, 3rd 2/3 | Active conditions: none.

"I am glad to hear that Ishkitok avoided the cyber-plague. It is so hard when those we care about are afflicted in any way."

Grand Lodge

BoomBlock || Spell Templates | Starship Roles | ◆◇↺

As the lift comes to a halt and the doors slide open, you are greeted with a bustling scene. Steward agents and Starfinder agents alike hustle in and out of the pair of massive doors opening to the sally port that leads into the prison. First Speaker Ehu Hadif (kasatha, he/him) waits outside the doors as Exo-Guardians leader Ixthia the Unbreakable (copaxi, they/them) speaks with one fo the Steward officers. Upon spotting you, Ehu waves one of his many hands and motions for you to join him.

“I’m pleased to see you here. Transfers are going as planned, but one can never be too cautious. These walls hold some very dangerous, bold, and capable beings—many of whom are currently held in B-block, where I need you to patrol. While the prisoners remain within Starfinder care, the Society is responsible for their safety and security.”

Ehu extends a hand holding a datapad. “A-Block is fully cleared. You’ll find approximately three dozen prisoners remain in the Bastille. Over half of those remain in B-block, which you will be patrolling. Information regarding the prisoners can be found on this datapad. Several cells in B-block have been emptied, but not all. Of course, during an activity as sensitive as prisoner transfers, one should keep a vigilant eye on all areas within the cellblock.

“We’ve seen to it the surveillance equipment, protective wards, and security measures in the Adamantine Bastille have been checked and re-checked prior to your arrival,” adds Ixthia, walking over to join you. “All are in optimum working order. The prior patrol reported no incidents. Nevertheless, given the nature of the remaining prisoners, we thought it wise to maintain patrols by our most capable agents throughout the transfer process.”

They hold out a key card. “This opens each of the cells in B-block, should you need access at some point while conducting your patrol. You’re responsible for monitoring the prisoners in B-block. You need not concern yourself with the process of transferring the prisoners over to the Stewards. Another agent, Jewel Whitforge, is handling the more bureaucratic tasks, such as reviewing transfer orders, tracking the accompanying documentation, and showing Steward agents to the appropriate cell numbers upon arrival. Though I expect her duties to keep her occupied during your patrol, she knows the Adamantine Bastille better than most agents and is a useful resource should any issues arise.”

”One more request:” Ehu adds. ”While you’re patrolling, please give some thought to what, in your opinion, we should do with this space once it’s been closed and remodelled. I want to hear from as many Starfinders as possible.

”Now, what questions do you have?”

List of prisoners and map of B-block added to handouts.

Dataphiles

Android Mystic (Akashic) 6 | HP: 39/42 SP: 0/40 Res 7/7 | EAC 21 | KAC 22 | Fort +3 Ref +5 Will +9 | Init +3 | Percep +15 (Keen Senses)

Computers: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (13) + 13 = 26

P-105 looks up from his datapad where he has assorted news stories, thoughtpieces and infographics about the Bastille displayed. The quiet, serene android is dressed in an unassuming maintenance jumpsuit that is marred with various stains and scuffs, and a few suspicious-looking burn marks. "Beyond Datch, is there anything you can tell us about the other inmates currently being held in here?"

Acquisitives

Female LN Shirren Cyberborn Mechanic 8 | SP 56/56 HP 54/54 | RP 9/9 | EAC 25; KAC 26 | Fort +7; Ref +11; Will +6 | Init: +5 | Perc: +13, SM: +10; blindsense (vibration) 60 ft. | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: none

"Has the process gone smoothly so far?"


"Obozaya" Female N vesk mercenary soldier 8 | SP 27/72 HP 45/62 | RP 7/8 | EAC 26; KAC 29 | Fort +8; Ref +6; Will +6; +2 vs. fear | Init: +8 | Perc: +0, SM: +0 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None.

Obozaya doesn't know anything about the Adamantine Bastille.

Obozaya plucks the key card from Ixthia's grip and gives a toothy smile. "So, we're to make sure nothing goes wrong during this prisoner transfer, right? Do we have the list of Stewards that are assigned to this assignment? Since part of our job is to make sure no one's rights are trampled, I want to know who may be interacting with those same prisoners."

Wayfinders

Female NG Damaya Lashunta Xenoseeker Mystic 7 (Star Sharman connection) | SP 4/42 HP 40/46 | RP 8/9 | EAC 20; KAC 20 (DR 5/-; Resist: Cold 5, Fire 5)| Fort +3; Ref +5; Will +11 | Init: +3| Perc: +18, SM: +13 | Speed 30ft | Detect Thoughts 1/1 Healing Touch 1/1 | Spells: 1st 3/6, 2nd 2/5, 3rd 2/3 | Active conditions: none.

"Have there been any rumours of unrest or any indications of trouble brewing? Any prisoners, or staff, that we should be particularly aware of, more than the others? Should they be needed, are there full medical supplies? battle supplies? other useful tools or such?"

Grand Lodge

BoomBlock || Spell Templates | Starship Roles | ◆◇↺

"There is some basic information about each remaining prisoner on the list I gave you. I don't have anything beyond that at my fingertips, I'm afraid."

"The process has gone relatively smoothly so far, no problems with inmates or anything. I would expect it to continue along the same pattern going forward. A Steward agent should enter the cell block every 30 minutes or so to take another prisoner into custody and ready them for transport to a Steward facility. This process has been vetted and worked out with the Steward command, so you shouldn't worry too much about it."

"As for supplies, we don't keep anything within the cell block for fear of it getting put to ill use. I would expect experienced agents like yourselves to come well prepared, though."

Feel free to pose any further questions. I'll move us on later this evening.

Grand Lodge

BoomBlock || Spell Templates | Starship Roles | ◆◇↺

When you've asked all your questions (feel free to flash back to more, if you haven't had a chance to ask yet), Ehu and Ixthia wish you good luck, and open the door for you into B-block. Inside, you find a clean, well-lit cell block consisting of two pairs of back-to-back rows of cells, with aisles down either side and down the middle. The cells vary in size and accommodation depending on the biology of the individuals formerly or presently housed within them, but each shares a few common features:

  • a single transparent wall of transparent aluminum facing the aisle
  • a single metal bed tray, sink, and waste portal bolted to the interior, adamantine-coated walls
    A small desk and chair bolted to the floor

    The interior ceilings are 20 feet high in the cells, and 25 feet high in the aisles, and all are fully illuminated.

    Feel free to ask any other questions about the interior. You need to decide how you as a party are going to patrol this cell block. Feel free to discuss in the OOC thread here or in Discord, and feel free to add markings to the map on slide 9, or to just describe your plan to me. You can also interact with any of the prisoners listed on the handout, or not, as you'd like.


  • "Obozaya" Female N vesk mercenary soldier 8 | SP 27/72 HP 45/62 | RP 7/8 | EAC 26; KAC 29 | Fort +8; Ref +6; Will +6; +2 vs. fear | Init: +8 | Perc: +0, SM: +0 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None.

    Obo looks over the list of prisoners and raises her brows. A lot of terrorists and mass murderers on this list, ain't there? Glad the Stewards are taking them. A prison break of this sort would be nasty. She shoulders her doshko and nods to Sharmain.

    "Let's pair up, yeah?" Obo says as she starts to walk down one of the outer corridors. "I'm not normally the talky sort, so maybe you should be the chatterbox."

    As she reaches the first occupied cell ABB105, I believe?, she peers in.

    Dataphiles

    Android Mystic (Akashic) 6 | HP: 39/42 SP: 0/40 Res 7/7 | EAC 21 | KAC 22 | Fort +3 Ref +5 Will +9 | Init +3 | Percep +15 (Keen Senses)

    Pious walks next to Axtin and gives a smile that he intends to be reassuring, but has that flat affect that so many people find uncanny about androids. "You and I can patrol this way - I'm certain there won't be any undue trouble that we can't handle what with all of our experience and knowledge." He points the opposite direction from Obozaya and Sharmain's selected route.

    Grand Lodge

    BoomBlock || Spell Templates | Starship Roles | ◆◇↺

    Obozaya sees a stoic shirren, silently staring back at her from within the cell as she passes. Similar scenes play out across the block as you slowly walk down the aisles. None of the prisoners seem particularly talkative. Reaching the end, the patrol groups turn around and head back from whence they came.

    As you reach the end of your first lap, the cell block is rocked by a trio of violent explosions! The cell block is briefly plunged into total darkness.

    Please make me a DC 18 Reflex save to stay on your feet and avoid flying rubble.


    "Obozaya" Female N vesk mercenary soldier 8 | SP 27/72 HP 45/62 | RP 7/8 | EAC 26; KAC 29 | Fort +8; Ref +6; Will +6; +2 vs. fear | Init: +8 | Perc: +0, SM: +0 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None.

    Reflex Save: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (15) + 6 = 21

    Obo knits her brow as the prisoners seem reserved. I guess I wouldn't want to talk to my captors either, she reasons. However, she does look them over for any injuries or signs of mistreatment.

    Perception check: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (6) + 0 = 6

    As the explosions rock the corridor, she plants her feet and hopes for the best.

    Dataphiles

    Android Mystic (Akashic) 6 | HP: 39/42 SP: 0/40 Res 7/7 | EAC 21 | KAC 22 | Fort +3 Ref +5 Will +9 | Init +3 | Percep +15 (Keen Senses)

    Reflex: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6

    Pious is absolutely taken by surprise by the blast, taking the full brunt of the attack. He immediately (barring any deleterious effects that would otherwise prevent this) casts keen senses on himself and tries to see through the smoke with his android darkvision.

    Perception: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (10) + 15 = 25

    Wayfinders

    Female NG Damaya Lashunta Xenoseeker Mystic 7 (Star Sharman connection) | SP 4/42 HP 40/46 | RP 8/9 | EAC 20; KAC 20 (DR 5/-; Resist: Cold 5, Fire 5)| Fort +3; Ref +5; Will +11 | Init: +3| Perc: +18, SM: +13 | Speed 30ft | Detect Thoughts 1/1 Healing Touch 1/1 | Spells: 1st 3/6, 2nd 2/5, 3rd 2/3 | Active conditions: none.

    Sharmain happily accepts being paired with Obo. She grips her staff tight, then relaxes a little as she nods in response to Obo's banter. "I don't think of myself as much of a chatterbox, though I guess I may prattle a bit when nervous."

    Reflex: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (10) + 5 = 15

    When the blast hits, Sharmain tries to stabilize against a solid wall, she then activates a flashlight and checks around for injuries and hazards.

    Perception: 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (8) + 18 = 26

    Wayfinders

    Shirren Envoy 6 | SP: 00/46 HP: 39/42 Res 5/5 | EAC 18 | KAC 21 | Fort +4 Ref +8 Will +6 | Init +3 | Percep +5 (tremor sense)

    Axtin happily pairs up with P-105.
    "Oh, I see you're practicing that human ritual, 'smiling'! Its very strange, is it now? Moving the lips up to denote friendliness? Its really weird when I try it with my mandibles."

    reflex: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (18) + 8 = 26

    The explosions completely catch Axtin off guard but he manages to jump in all the right directions despite how scared he is. Or maybe because of it.

    His first thought is to help his fellow Starfinder agent and he rushes to help P-105.

    perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (13) + 5 = 18

    "What in Desnas good graces was that! I mean, explosion, yes, but why and how!"

    Acquisitives

    Female LN Shirren Cyberborn Mechanic 8 | SP 56/56 HP 54/54 | RP 9/9 | EAC 25; KAC 26 | Fort +7; Ref +11; Will +6 | Init: +5 | Perc: +13, SM: +10; blindsense (vibration) 60 ft. | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: none

    Tik: Reflex: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (3) + 11 = 14

    Tok: Reflex: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 4 = 24

    The bot neatly avoids the rubble while Ishkitik falls down.

    Wayfinders

    Female NG Damaya Lashunta Xenoseeker Mystic 7 (Star Sharman connection) | SP 4/42 HP 40/46 | RP 8/9 | EAC 20; KAC 20 (DR 5/-; Resist: Cold 5, Fire 5)| Fort +3; Ref +5; Will +11 | Init: +3| Perc: +18, SM: +13 | Speed 30ft | Detect Thoughts 1/1 Healing Touch 1/1 | Spells: 1st 3/6, 2nd 2/5, 3rd 2/3 | Active conditions: none.

    Staggering to her feet amongst the debris, Sharmain activates the team's comms channel, "Environmental seals advised. This dust won't be good for us and there could be worse." She then follows her own advice.

    Grand Lodge

    BoomBlock || Spell Templates | Starship Roles | ◆◇↺

    Pious bludgeoning damage: 5d6 ⇒ (5, 5, 1, 1, 1) = 13
    Sharmain bludgeoning damage: 5d6 ⇒ (6, 2, 2, 2, 6) = 18
    Ishkitik bludgeoning damage: 5d6 ⇒ (6, 6, 1, 6, 5) = 24

    Pious, Sharmain, and Ishkitik are thrown to the ground by the violent explosion. The lights go out briefly and comm units begin to emit scrambled static. As the injured pick themselves up from the floor, red emergency lights flicker to life, illuminating the intersection of two alleys between multiple rows of cells. Acrid, burning clouds of particulates linger in the air, producing an eerie haze that covers an area littered with fragments of twisted metal and charred debris. Large craters pock the floors, exposing internal damaged pipes and disconnected electrical cables.

    The purple, roughly humanoid shape of a copaxi struggles beneath a pile of metallic shards and rubble. Their efforts produce an audible cry of pain, but leave them helplessly pinned. Over the sounds of their pain, Pious, Axtin, and Sharmain hear the sound of footsteps receding at the far end of the block.

    Two things to consider when choosing what to do next:

  • The copaxi in ABB204, Tozzarrack, is trapped under a pile of rubble, and clearly struggling.
  • You heard the sound of footsteps after the explosion, and three of the cell doors (ABB205, ABB206, and ABB307) are open, the cells unoccupied. The footsteps seemed to be going away from you.

    What next?

  • Dataphiles

    Android Mystic (Akashic) 6 | HP: 39/42 SP: 0/40 Res 7/7 | EAC 21 | KAC 22 | Fort +3 Ref +5 Will +9 | Init +3 | Percep +15 (Keen Senses)

    From the spot where he lies on the floor, Pious opens and scans the prisoner register. "Three murderers loose - female nuar, male troll, and agender barathu. Engaging in pursuit now!" he yells spiritedly into his comms, but he limps upright, obviously winded from the explosion.

    Going to pursue the retreating footsteps, +15 perception if it matters

    Grand Lodge

    BoomBlock || Spell Templates | Starship Roles | ◆◇↺

    After a quick moment's decision-making, Pious, Sharmain, and Obozaya run toward the passageway to the southwest, following the retreating footsteps while Axtin and Ishkitik rush to help the trapped copaxi.

    ---------
    Pursuit Team

    Obozaya gets a little mixed up, but luckily Pious and Sharmain have a bead on which direction the sound is coming from (using your earlier Perception checks) and are able to lead in the right direction. Unfortunately, the whole southern end of the cell block is obscured by billowing smoke, making it slow going to navigate to the correct passageway.

    All three of you, please attempt Perception, Life Science, or Survival checks to navigate and successfully continue following the escapees.

    ---------
    Aid Team

    Arriving at the cell with the injured copaxi, you see them struggling in vain to free themselves from the rubble. The explosion has knocked the cell open, but the fallen rubble makes it hard to reach Tozzarrack, let alone free them. Looking up at your approach, they hoarsely shout "Oh, no, no way. Just keep on walkin'! I don't want any help from that scrap metal or anyone that would associate themselves with that junk!"

    Going to leave this open-ended for now, so you can respond to this however you want.


    "Obozaya" Female N vesk mercenary soldier 8 | SP 27/72 HP 45/62 | RP 7/8 | EAC 26; KAC 29 | Fort +8; Ref +6; Will +6; +2 vs. fear | Init: +8 | Perc: +0, SM: +0 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None.

    [roll=Survival]1d20+11[/roll]

    Obo frowns and presses a panel on her armor. A clear visor rises from front and closes over her, encasing her head in a bubble-like shield. Environmental protections on!

    "Smoke up ahead," she grunts at her teammates. "Be careful."

    Acquisitives

    Female LN Shirren Cyberborn Mechanic 8 | SP 56/56 HP 54/54 | RP 9/9 | EAC 25; KAC 26 | Fort +7; Ref +11; Will +6 | Init: +5 | Perc: +13, SM: +10; blindsense (vibration) 60 ft. | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: none

    Ishkitik mutters a few unkind words in her head, but nonetheless proceeds to direct Ishkitok to start clearing rubble.

    "That scrap metal is going to save your life. You can resent them afterward."

    Ishkitok Athletics, if needed: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (4) + 13 = 17

    Dataphiles

    Android Mystic (Akashic) 6 | HP: 39/42 SP: 0/40 Res 7/7 | EAC 21 | KAC 22 | Fort +3 Ref +5 Will +9 | Init +3 | Percep +15 (Keen Senses)

    Pious follows Obozaya's lead and turns on environmental protections. He pursues quietly, gun drawn, peering ahead with his magically-enhanced vision. Perception: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (5) + 15 = 20

    Wayfinders

    Female NG Damaya Lashunta Xenoseeker Mystic 7 (Star Sharman connection) | SP 4/42 HP 40/46 | RP 8/9 | EAC 20; KAC 20 (DR 5/-; Resist: Cold 5, Fire 5)| Fort +3; Ref +5; Will +11 | Init: +3| Perc: +18, SM: +13 | Speed 30ft | Detect Thoughts 1/1 Healing Touch 1/1 | Spells: 1st 3/6, 2nd 2/5, 3rd 2/3 | Active conditions: none.

    Sharmain attempts to detect life signs through the smoke and dust, internally grumbling that "No-one listens when I tell them that the environment is dangerous, no. They only activate their suits properly when the big vesk says to do so. Hrmmpf."

    Life Science: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (2) + 13 = 15

    Wayfinders

    Shirren Envoy 6 | SP: 00/46 HP: 39/42 Res 5/5 | EAC 18 | KAC 21 | Fort +4 Ref +8 Will +6 | Init +3 | Percep +5 (tremor sense)

    Axtin nods at Ishkitik's words. "Yes, please let us assist you. This rubble could easily cost you your life. If there is any rebar in there and it shifts the wrong way it will end badly. We do not wish for you to perish in here."

    diplo: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (20) + 14 = 34


    "Obozaya" Female N vesk mercenary soldier 8 | SP 27/72 HP 45/62 | RP 7/8 | EAC 26; KAC 29 | Fort +8; Ref +6; Will +6; +2 vs. fear | Init: +8 | Perc: +0, SM: +0 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None.
    LunarSloth - PbP Pregen wrote:

    [roll=Survival]1d20+11[/roll]

    Obo frowns and presses a panel on her armor. A clear visor rises from front and closes over her, encasing her head in a bubble-like shield. Environmental protections on!

    "Smoke up ahead," she grunts at her teammates. "Be careful."

    Redoing that roll... Survival: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (5) + 11 = 16

    Grand Lodge

    BoomBlock || Spell Templates | Starship Roles | ◆◇↺

    Pursuit Team

    Pious, Sharmain, and Obozaya all struggle to navigate the smoky cell block, eventually finding the passageway out but not before losing valuable seconds.

    The struggle continues when they reach the corridor, however. It seems the violence of the explosions severed a service pipe in along one wall, which is now spraying an oily substance across the floors of the cellblock, making them slick.

    All three of you, please attempt either an Acrobatics check or Physical Science check to navigate the slippery floors.

    ---------
    Aid Team

    "Hmph, fine, just don't let it touch me...ow! Stupid machine!" Axtin convinces the copaxi that any help is better than no help. The large piece of rubble Ishkitok lifts, however, is less sturdy than it looks and it crumbles in the drone's hands, falling back onto the trapped prisoner.

    Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 5

    You have succeeded on the Diplo check to convince them not to resist help from the drone, which would have increased the DC. What's left now is freeing them, which requires a successful Athletics, Engineering, or Medicine check. You just saw the consequences of a check that fails by too much.

    Dataphiles

    Android Mystic (Akashic) 6 | HP: 39/42 SP: 0/40 Res 7/7 | EAC 21 | KAC 22 | Fort +3 Ref +5 Will +9 | Init +3 | Percep +15 (Keen Senses)

    Acrobatics: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (12) + 3 = 15

    Pious is not particularly acrobatic, but he does believe in faith. He closes his eyes and mutters a prayer to Triune for swift reactions as he goes to dart across the floor. (Flavor, nothing mechanical)

    Acquisitives

    Female LN Shirren Cyberborn Mechanic 8 | SP 56/56 HP 54/54 | RP 9/9 | EAC 25; KAC 26 | Fort +7; Ref +11; Will +6 | Init: +5 | Perc: +13, SM: +10; blindsense (vibration) 60 ft. | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: none

    "Okay, Tok, looks like we need to use more finesse here."

    Ishkitik judges carefully where the most dangerous rubble is, then programs a quick routine for Ishkitok.

    Engineering: 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (3) + 18 = 21


    "Obozaya" Female N vesk mercenary soldier 8 | SP 27/72 HP 45/62 | RP 7/8 | EAC 26; KAC 29 | Fort +8; Ref +6; Will +6; +2 vs. fear | Init: +8 | Perc: +0, SM: +0 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None.

    Acrobatics: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (2) + 13 = 15

    Obo struggles with the slippery floor. Scales and oil don't mix, it seems. "Sure hope no one else sees this," she thinks with a significant amount of embarrassment; so much that she doesn't notice that Pious is also struggling.

    Wayfinders

    Female NG Damaya Lashunta Xenoseeker Mystic 7 (Star Sharman connection) | SP 4/42 HP 40/46 | RP 8/9 | EAC 20; KAC 20 (DR 5/-; Resist: Cold 5, Fire 5)| Fort +3; Ref +5; Will +11 | Init: +3| Perc: +18, SM: +13 | Speed 30ft | Detect Thoughts 1/1 Healing Touch 1/1 | Spells: 1st 3/6, 2nd 2/5, 3rd 2/3 | Active conditions: none.

    Sharmain sees her team mates react to the slick floor, she pauses a moment to study the situation hoping to find a solution before gingerly following.

    Physical Science: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (6) + 10 = 16

    Wayfinders

    Shirren Envoy 6 | SP: 00/46 HP: 39/42 Res 5/5 | EAC 18 | KAC 21 | Fort +4 Ref +8 Will +6 | Init +3 | Percep +5 (tremor sense)

    Axtin takes a deep breath to calm his nerves and shakes out his hands for a second to steady them.

    "Sorry sorry the rubble is unstable please hold on!"

    He quickly follows Ishkitik's lead.

    Engineering: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (10) + 7 = 17

    I dont know what would work best, either having it be a separate check or an aid. While I think/prefer aid, I'll leave it up to the GM

    Grand Lodge

    BoomBlock || Spell Templates | Starship Roles | ◆◇↺

    Pursuit Team

    GM Screen:

    Perception:
    Sharmain Percept: 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (12) + 18 = 30
    Obozaya Percept: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (18) + 0 = 18
    Pious Percept: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (16) + 13 = 29

    Sharmain Init: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9
    Obozaya Init: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (18) + 8 = 26
    Ishkitik Init: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 5 = 20
    Axtin Init: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (19) + 3 = 22
    Pious Init: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (16) + 3 = 19

    Pious, Obozaya, and Sharmain struggle with the slippery floor as they pursue the fleeing escapees down the long corridor. Near then end, as they near the end of the hallway, Obozaya slips and stumbles into a tripwire that seems to have been hastily stretched across the hallway! Another explosion rocks the hallway, catching all three pursuers in the blast!

    Fire & Piercing Damage (all three Starfinders): 8d10 ⇒ (1, 5, 5, 9, 5, 10, 5, 7) = 47

    DC 18 Reflex for half. You have one round to react before something else will happen.

    ---------
    Aid Team

    I'm happy to apply it as an aid if that's your preference. Axtin aids Tik and Tok as they carefully remove the rubble from on top of Tozzarrack. "Hmph. I suppose I owe you my thanks" the copaxi says, glaring at Ishkitok. They seem battered and bruised, but managed to avoid any serious injury.

    You can ask them any questions you have. You should also decide what you want to do with them now. Without the keycard (which Obozaya has), you can't open any of the undamaged cells to stash them in. You also just heard the explosion from down the hallway where the other team ran, and can react as you'd like to that.

    Wayfinders

    Shirren Envoy 6 | SP: 00/46 HP: 39/42 Res 5/5 | EAC 18 | KAC 21 | Fort +4 Ref +8 Will +6 | Init +3 | Percep +5 (tremor sense)

    Axtin breathes a sigh of relief.

    "Ok, looks like some nasty bruises but no serious injuries. Thank Desna."

    Axtin reflexively half ducks at the sound of the explosion. "Sounds like we're not safe yet... It might sound strange, but would you be willing to accompany us while we check on the rest? We were all lucky here but we might just need another set of hands if something collapses."

    While axtin is concerned for the others, he also doesnt want to leave any of the prisoners in a position of danger. He would want to spend a little bit of time checking each cell.


    "Obozaya" Female N vesk mercenary soldier 8 | SP 27/72 HP 45/62 | RP 7/8 | EAC 26; KAC 29 | Fort +8; Ref +6; Will +6; +2 vs. fear | Init: +8 | Perc: +0, SM: +0 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None.

    Reflex Save: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (16) + 6 = 22
    My rolls are real swing-y this game.

    Obozaya slides away from the worst of the blast. While her kneecaps take a beating from the maneuver and her left side gets a bit charred from the explosion, she's seen worse.

    "What in the world-" she says as she takes stock of the scene. "Everyone okay? I hope Axtin and Ishkitik aren't suffering the same fate."

    Wayfinders

    Female NG Damaya Lashunta Xenoseeker Mystic 7 (Star Sharman connection) | SP 4/42 HP 40/46 | RP 8/9 | EAC 20; KAC 20 (DR 5/-; Resist: Cold 5, Fire 5)| Fort +3; Ref +5; Will +11 | Init: +3| Perc: +18, SM: +13 | Speed 30ft | Detect Thoughts 1/1 Healing Touch 1/1 | Spells: 1st 3/6, 2nd 2/5, 3rd 2/3 | Active conditions: none.

    Reflex DC 18: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 5 = 16

    Sharmain tries to dodge but is hit by several pieces of shrapnel and is noticeably bleeding.


    ◆◇↺

    Botting Pious's reflex save to move us on.

    Pious Reflex save: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13

    Grand Lodge

    BoomBlock || Spell Templates | Starship Roles | ◆◇↺

    Pursuit Team

    “They're here, type in the code!” calls out a voice ahead, its tone akin to that of squeaking balloon. “Aren’t nuar supposed to be good with directions. Why isn’t the laundry chute open yet?”

    “I’m trying but the key card isn’t working!” huffs a female voice. Her response is accompanied by a deep snort and the pounding of access keys followed by a sharp buzzing sound.

    “Hurry up! Hurry up!” chants a third voice, deeper and gruffer than the others.

    “Type in the code!” repeats the squeaky voice.

    “The code isn’t working!” yells the female voice in growing exasperation. Her cry is accompanied by more pounding and punctuated by the return of the sharp buzzing sound. “Why isn’t it working? She said it would work! You two, go and take care of them while I figure this out!”

    The sound of heavy footsteps echo as two figures, which you recognize as two of the escaped prisoners, Cloug and Scrupps, emerge around the bend, dressed in prison garb and weapons in hand.

    Initiative!

  • Obozaya
  • Pious
  • ?
  • Sharmain
  • ?

    Obozaya and Pious may act. You heard the voices, so had time to draw weapons if you'd like. For simplicity's sake, I'm going to abstract the distance between the two groups as two rounds of full movement if Ishkitik and Axtin decide they want to run to catch up.

    ---------
    Aid Team

    "Absolutely not" Tozzarrack says, wincing at the sound of the explosion. "It's bad enough that technotrash touched me. I'm not going anywhere with you." You don't get the sense that you can talk them into going with you.

    The voice of agent Jewel Whiteforge (the other agent Ehu told you about, who is stationed at the control desk just outside the cell block) crackles over your comm units. "I'll send a Steward in to take care of Tozzarrack. I think your friends need your help."

    ---------

    GM Screen:

    Cloug Init: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (15) + 0 = 15
    Meddo Init: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (2) + 0 = 2
    Scrupps Init: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (13) + 3 = 16

  • Dataphiles

    Android Mystic (Akashic) 6 | HP: 39/42 SP: 0/40 Res 7/7 | EAC 21 | KAC 22 | Fort +3 Ref +5 Will +9 | Init +3 | Percep +15 (Keen Senses)

    Sorry, no idea how I missed Tuesday's update! Also: Ow!

    Pious is visible charred in spots, oozing something that would look like blood if it weren't for the pearlescent quality making it shine like oil. His eyes begin to glow a flourescent white as he casts mystic cure on himself - and retreats a few feet down the hallway to keep the more experienced Starfinders betwee. "Cease escaping! Further escalation of the situation will only be met with force!" he yells, though the pained panic in his voice is clear and unconvincing.

    Mystic Cure: 3d8 ⇒ (6, 6, 5) = 17


    "Obozaya" Female N vesk mercenary soldier 8 | SP 27/72 HP 45/62 | RP 7/8 | EAC 26; KAC 29 | Fort +8; Ref +6; Will +6; +2 vs. fear | Init: +8 | Perc: +0, SM: +0 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None.

    "You want to drop any weapons and stand down," Obo says, her voice booming as makes eye contact with the green-skinned, toothy alien nearest to her. "My orders are to avoid violence, but if you force me into it...."

    She lets her words trail off menacingly as she swings her doshko. The sharp-toothed grin she gives adds to the picture. She saunters forward, approaching the escapees.

    Standard action to demoralize the troll (?).
    Intimidate: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (10) + 12 = 22

    Demoralize
    As a standard action, you can use Intimidate to cause a creature within 30 feet of you to become shaken for a number of rounds. This is a sense-dependent ability. The DC of this check is equal to either 10 + your opponent’s total Intimidate skill bonus, or 15 + 1-1/2 × the opponent’s CR, whichever is greater. If you succeed, the target is shaken for 1 round. The duration increases by 1 round for every 5 by which the result of your check exceeds the DC.

    Grand Lodge

    BoomBlock || Spell Templates | Starship Roles | ◆◇↺

    I didn't put you in the init block yet, but Axtin and Ishkitik, please tell me what you're doing as well.

    Acquisitives

    Female LN Shirren Cyberborn Mechanic 8 | SP 56/56 HP 54/54 | RP 9/9 | EAC 25; KAC 26 | Fort +7; Ref +11; Will +6 | Init: +5 | Perc: +13, SM: +10; blindsense (vibration) 60 ft. | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: none

    Ishkitik runs toward the sound of combat.

    Wayfinders

    Shirren Envoy 6 | SP: 00/46 HP: 39/42 Res 5/5 | EAC 18 | KAC 21 | Fort +4 Ref +8 Will +6 | Init +3 | Percep +5 (tremor sense)

    Axtin will run towards the sound of combat as well.

    Grand Lodge

    BoomBlock || Spell Templates | Starship Roles | ◆◇↺

    Obozaya shouts menacingly at Scruggs (who you know to be a troll, per the prisoner manifest), who only roars back in response (failure to demoralize). Pious, meanwhile, heals himself as he retreats down the hallway. Hearing the commotion, Ishkitik and Axtin start running down the hallway to help (you will arrive at the end of the next round).

    Scrupps wastes no time, bullrushing right over the top of Obozaya and into reach of both her and Sharmain (this is a trample; Obozaya can either make a DC 15 Reflex save to take half damage or an AoO, but not both).

    Trample damage vs. Obozaya: 2d6 + 11 ⇒ (3, 2) + 11 = 16

    Cloug (barathu) floats forward, the portion of their body facing Obozaya forming rigid plates to protect themselves as they lash out at the Vesk.

    Slam vs. Obozaya, flank: 1d20 + 12 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 12 + 2 = 32
    Bludgeoning damage: 1d4 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8

    Meddo (nuar) grows increasingly frustrated as she punches a code into the laundry chute, only to be greeted by another buzzer of failure.

    ---------

    Initiative!

  • Obozaya
  • Pious
  • Axtin 1 round away
  • Ishikitik 1 round away
  • Scrupps
  • Cloug Rigid plating
  • Meddo Messing around with the laundry chute.
  • Sharmain

    Sharmain, Obozaya, and Pious may act while Axtin and Ishkitik continue to run.

  • 1 to 50 of 176 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | next > last >>
    Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Dennis - SFS #5-05 Boom-Block Gambit All Messageboards

    Want to post a reply? Sign in.