GM Dennis - SFS #5-05 Boom-Block Gambit

Game Master Dennis Muldoon

Maps & Handouts


51 to 100 of 156 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | next > last >>

"Obozaya" Female N vesk mercenary soldier 8 | SP 27/72 HP 45/62 | RP 7/8 | EAC 26; KAC 29 | Fort +8; Ref +6; Will +6; +2 vs. fear | Init: +8 | Perc: +0, SM: +0 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None.

I'm taking the AoO!

As Scrupps tramples Obozaya, she swings her doshko upwards into his stomach.

Flame Doshko Attack: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (17) + 13 = 30 for Damage: 2d8 + 14 ⇒ (3, 6) + 14 = 23 fire damage.

On My Turn

Obozaya spits some blood from her mouth as the barrage of attacks hits her. "Now, now, wait your turn," she says to Cloug as she steps closer to Scrupps. "Didn't your... mother collective.... teach you anything?"

She takes another swing at Scrupps, though it's more clumsy this go-around.

Flame Doshko Attack: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (10) + 13 = 23 for Damage: 2d8 + 14 ⇒ (6, 6) + 14 = 26 fire damage.

Grand Lodge

BoomBlock || Spell Templates | Starship Roles | ◆◇↺

Obozaya's doshko bites into Scrupps as the troll passes by, then again as the vesk follows, eliciting a howl of pain from the prisoner. The flesh around the troll's injuries writhes as if trying to close itself, but the charred edges of the wounds seem to stop any healing.

Both hits, and fire seems to have an extra effect of shutting down his regeneration.

-----

Initiative!

  • Obozaya
  • Pious
  • Axtin 1 round away
  • Ishikitik 1 round away
  • Scrupps 49 damage
  • Cloug Rigid plating
  • Meddo Messing around with the laundry chute.
  • Sharmain

    Sharmain and Pious may act.

  • Dataphiles

    Android Mystic (Akashic) 6 | HP: 39/42 SP: 0/40 Res 7/7 | EAC 21 | KAC 22 | Fort +3 Ref +5 Will +9 | Init +3 | Percep +15 (Keen Senses)

    Pious' eyes cease glowing as he brings up his microwave scorchgun and takes aim at the troll. He quickly double-checks that it's set to stun before squeezing out a shot. "CEASE!" he yells fervently.

    Attack: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (20) + 7 = 27
    Damage: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4 Fire, nonlethal - plus crit, woo!
    Crit Damage: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7

    Wayfinders

    Female NG Damaya Lashunta Xenoseeker Mystic 7 (Star Sharman connection) | SP 4/42 HP 40/46 | RP 8/9 | EAC 20; KAC 20 (DR 5/-; Resist: Cold 5, Fire 5)| Fort +3; Ref +5; Will +11 | Init: +3| Perc: +18, SM: +13 | Speed 30ft | Detect Thoughts 1/1 Healing Touch 1/1 | Spells: 1st 3/6, 2nd 2/5, 3rd 2/3 | Active conditions: none.

    Sharmain carefully steps away from the massive troll and next to Pious. She reaches for the power of the stars to bolster her mind as she sends a spike of power to attempt to stop the threatening creature.

    Daze Monster DC 19

    "Get in range and I'll try to boost you with haste," Sharmain telepathically projects to the rest of the team.

    Grand Lodge

    BoomBlock || Spell Templates | Starship Roles | ◆◇↺

    Sharmain's spell seems to have no effect on the charging troll (I'm afraid Scrupps is higher than CR 5). The spell does serve to distract the troll, however, as Pious lands a shot squarely in the back of the troll's head. Scrupps remains standing, but definitely felt that!

    The sound of footsteps echo as Axtin and Ishkitik finally arrive!

    Scrupps roars in anger at Pious, but is smart enough to recognize the threat of obozaya right next to him, so decides to focus on the vesk, slashing at her with both claws.

    Claw (full attack) vs. Obo: 1d20 + 17 - 4 ⇒ (14) + 17 - 4 = 27
    Slashing: 1d10 + 11 ⇒ (6) + 11 = 17

    Claw (full attack) vs. Obo: 1d20 + 17 - 4 ⇒ (5) + 17 - 4 = 18
    Slashing: 1d10 + 11 ⇒ (7) + 11 = 18

    His anger turns to frustration as the veteran soldier manages to deflect both attacks! Cloug tries to take advantage of the distraction Scrupps provides, moving into position on Obozaya's far side and striking, their adaptable body taking on a reddish hue.

    Slam vs. flanked Obo: 1d20 + 12 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 12 + 2 = 22
    Bludgeoning: 1d4 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10

    They, too, are stymied by Obozaya's expert defenses.

    Over by the laundry chute, Meddo bellows in frustration, throwing her tools to the ground. She wheels around, fury in her eyes, as she draws a pistol in one hand and a sword in the other!

    ---------

    Initiative!

  • Obozaya
  • Pious
  • Axtin
  • Ishikitik
  • Scrupps 60 damage
  • Cloug Reddish hue
  • Meddo
  • Sharmain

    Whole party may act!

  • Wayfinders

    Female NG Damaya Lashunta Xenoseeker Mystic 7 (Star Sharman connection) | SP 4/42 HP 40/46 | RP 8/9 | EAC 20; KAC 20 (DR 5/-; Resist: Cold 5, Fire 5)| Fort +3; Ref +5; Will +11 | Init: +3| Perc: +18, SM: +13 | Speed 30ft | Detect Thoughts 1/1 Healing Touch 1/1 | Spells: 1st 3/6, 2nd 2/5, 3rd 2/3 | Active conditions: none.

    Sharmain watches carefully and as soon as all of the team are in range casts haste on them. She remains prepared to move if needed to stay out of harms way and out of the way of others.

    Acquisitives

    Female LN Shirren Cyberborn Mechanic 8 | SP 56/56 HP 54/54 | RP 9/9 | EAC 25; KAC 26 | Fort +7; Ref +11; Will +6 | Init: +5 | Perc: +13, SM: +10; blindsense (vibration) 60 ft. | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: none

    Ishkitik takes a hot at the creature facing Obozya.

    overcharged laser pistol: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (17) + 11 = 28
    ouch!: 2d4 + 3 + 1d6 ⇒ (4, 3) + 3 + (5) = 15 fire

    She then send Ishkitok in to flank with the vesk soldier.

    ember flame doshko: 1d20 + 10 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 10 + 2 = 26
    ouch!: 2d8 + 8 ⇒ (8, 2) + 8 = 18 fire

    Dataphiles

    Android Mystic (Akashic) 6 | HP: 39/42 SP: 0/40 Res 7/7 | EAC 21 | KAC 22 | Fort +3 Ref +5 Will +9 | Init +3 | Percep +15 (Keen Senses)

    With the success of the last shot, Pious maintains fire on the troll.

    Attack: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (10) + 7 = 17
    Damage: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5

    Wayfinders

    Shirren Envoy 6 | SP: 00/46 HP: 39/42 Res 5/5 | EAC 18 | KAC 21 | Fort +4 Ref +8 Will +6 | Init +3 | Percep +5 (tremor sense)

    Axtin skids to a halt seeing the troll block the corridor.

    "Oh, eh, oh no eh..."
    He twitches his antennae for a moment focussing himself.

    "I mean GET THAT TROLL!"

    Get 'em up on the troll

    He then aims his pulsecaster rifle and shoots.

    pew pew: 1d20 + 7 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 7 + 1 = 15
    damage: 1d6 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12 electricity, nonlethal


    "Obozaya" Female N vesk mercenary soldier 8 | SP 27/72 HP 45/62 | RP 7/8 | EAC 26; KAC 29 | Fort +8; Ref +6; Will +6; +2 vs. fear | Init: +8 | Perc: +0, SM: +0 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None.

    "I'm bout as far as I can get," Obo says as the attacks strike - but don't pierce - her armor. "Maybe once this guy is out of the way?"

    Briefly contemplating the intersection of "avoid prisoner brutality" and
    "provide for the public's safety", Obozaya opts to attack Scrupps again with nonlethal force. However, taking the moment to think about it gives Scrupps an opening to dodge.

    Nonlethal Blaze Flame Doshko: 1d20 + 12 - 4 ⇒ (3) + 12 - 4 = 11
    Damage: 2d8 + 14 ⇒ (1, 4) + 14 = 19 nonlethal fire

    Grand Lodge

    BoomBlock || Spell Templates | Starship Roles | ◆◇↺

    Scrupps manages to dodge Obo's merciful swing, as well as shots from Axtin and Pious. He zigs right into attacks by both Ishkitik and Ishkitok, however, crying out in pain. "Ugh! This ain't worth it, Meddo! I surrender!" Scrupps raises his hands in surrender, moving gingerly to the alcove where he sits against the wall. Scrupps is out of the combat.

    Cloug hisses "coward!" at Scrupps, then lashes out at Obozaya once more, this time connecting! They maintain the reddish hue to their body.

    Slam: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (18) + 12 = 30
    Bludgeoning: 1d4 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10

    Meddo dashes up and takes a shot past the floating barathu at Obozaya with her pistol, shouting "Back up, Cloug, you idiot, or they'll tear you apart!"

    Laser pistol: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (18) + 15 = 33
    Fire damage: 3d4 + 8 ⇒ (1, 1, 1) + 8 = 11

    Even with cover from Cloug, she manages to catch Obo with a glancing blow!

    ------

    Initiative!

  • Obozaya
  • Pious
  • Axtin
  • Ishikitik
  • Scrupps surrendered
  • Cloug Reddish hue
  • Meddo
  • Sharmain

    Whole party may act!

  • Wayfinders

    Female NG Damaya Lashunta Xenoseeker Mystic 7 (Star Sharman connection) | SP 4/42 HP 40/46 | RP 8/9 | EAC 20; KAC 20 (DR 5/-; Resist: Cold 5, Fire 5)| Fort +3; Ref +5; Will +11 | Init: +3| Perc: +18, SM: +13 | Speed 30ft | Detect Thoughts 1/1 Healing Touch 1/1 | Spells: 1st 3/6, 2nd 2/5, 3rd 2/3 | Active conditions: none.

    Sharmain once again gathers power before hurling a glowing starknife of pure force toward the barathu.

    Cast Hurl Forcedisk
    attack vs EAC: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (7) + 8 = 15
    potential force damage: 3d6 ⇒ (6, 5, 1) = 12

    ricochet if successful:

    attack vs nuar EAC: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (17) + 8 = 25
    potential force damage: 2d6 ⇒ (6, 1) = 7

    Everyone in our party should have haste


    "Obozaya" Female N vesk mercenary soldier 8 | SP 27/72 HP 45/62 | RP 7/8 | EAC 26; KAC 29 | Fort +8; Ref +6; Will +6; +2 vs. fear | Init: +8 | Perc: +0, SM: +0 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None.

    Note: Obo is taking a move action to move, not a guarded step. If there's reach involved, Obo is likely provoking an AoO. This is because haste only allows for a move action to move.

    Obozaya rolls her shoulders as she squares up with Cloug.

    "You friend isn't a coward. I recommend you stand down." Obo shakes her head. "I don't want to hurt you, but you aren't leaving me any options."

    She swings her doshko forward in an arc of flames, then doubles back on the attack.

    Blaze flame doshko attack 1: 1d20 + 12 - 4 ⇒ (12) + 12 - 4 = 20
    Blaze flame doshko damage 1: 2d8 + 14 ⇒ (5, 5) + 14 = 24 fire damage

    Blaze flame doshko attack 2: 1d20 + 12 - 4 ⇒ (5) + 12 - 4 = 13
    Blaze flame doshko damage 2: 2d8 + 14 ⇒ (7, 2) + 14 = 23 fire damage

    Note that Obo has step up and strike, which I do plan on using if Cloug tries to retreat.

    Acquisitives

    Female LN Shirren Cyberborn Mechanic 8 | SP 56/56 HP 54/54 | RP 9/9 | EAC 25; KAC 26 | Fort +7; Ref +11; Will +6 | Init: +5 | Perc: +13, SM: +10; blindsense (vibration) 60 ft. | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: none

    Ishkitok toddles forward and swings a flame doshko alongside Obozaya.

    flame doshko: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (9) + 10 = 19
    ouch!: 2d8 + 8 ⇒ (4, 1) + 8 = 13 fire

    Ishkitik moves in.

    I'm not 100% sure how haste interacts with drone mechanic action economy. If Ishkitik can also take a shot, here it is.

    Ishkitik shot:

    overcharged flame pistol: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (11) + 11 = 22
    ouch!: 2d4 + 3 + 1d6 ⇒ (2, 2) + 3 + (2) = 9

    Wayfinders

    Shirren Envoy 6 | SP: 00/46 HP: 39/42 Res 5/5 | EAC 18 | KAC 21 | Fort +4 Ref +8 Will +6 | Init +3 | Percep +5 (tremor sense)

    With the effects of Haste, Axtin moves a bit closer and points at the Barathu. "Ok everyone, get that one instead!"

    Get em on Cloug

    Axtin then takes a shot.

    pew pew: 1d20 + 7 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 7 + 1 = 25
    damage: 1d6 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7 electricity, nonlethal

    Grand Lodge

    BoomBlock || Spell Templates | Starship Roles | ◆◇↺

    Sharmain conjurs a disc of pure force, which she hurls a Cloug. The barathu manages to bat it away with a tendril, but unfortunately sends it hurtling right into Meddo! I know there's debate about this, but my interpretation of the wording on hurl forcedisk is that it doesn't need to hit on the first strike to get the ricochet shots. In this case, that means the first shot missed, the ricochet hit. Happy to discuss in Discord if you'd like.

    Obozaya confidently strides forward, leaving an opening for Cloug to swipe at her with a tendril!

    Slam AoO: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (12) + 12 = 24
    Bludgeoning: 1d4 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7

    She bats aside the strike and lays into Cloug with her own flaming doshko. Her blow is on target, though the barathu's recently-reddened skin seems to resist some of the damage, and they are able to dodge her second attack.

    Ishkitik sends Ishkitok to attack, and the drone's doshko buries itself into the barathu as well, though again their skin seems to resist some of the damage. Ishkitik follows forward. Haste allows you to move and take a full action, rather than giving you an extra move action (though I'd probably go with that in a home game). I don't think it would allow Ishkitik to fire here, but she could spend both a move action and a swift action to give Ishkitok a full action, though. If Ishkitok is a valid target for haste (I'm not sure, so let's go with yes)[/i] it would allow them to move and full attack for the same cost to ishkitik of a move and a swift.

    Axtin takes a shot as well, hitting the large barathu squarely. The escapee's reddish skin doesn't seem to resist the electricity.

    --------

    Initiative!

  • Obozaya
  • Pious
  • Axtin
  • Ishikitik
  • Scrupps surrendered
  • Cloug 44 damage, Reddish hue (fire resistance)
  • Meddo
  • Sharmain

    Pious may act.

  • Dataphiles

    Android Mystic (Akashic) 6 | HP: 39/42 SP: 0/40 Res 7/7 | EAC 21 | KAC 22 | Fort +3 Ref +5 Will +9 | Init +3 | Percep +15 (Keen Senses)

    Pious turns to fire at the barathu, but is closely watching Obozaya for any signs of medical distress. As she's not bleeding yet, the android continues firing.

    Attack: 1d20 + 7 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 7 + 1 = 22
    Damage: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4

    Grand Lodge

    BoomBlock || Spell Templates | Starship Roles | ◆◇↺

    Pious hits, but the barathu's reddened skin seems to absorb and disperse the fiery damage. I'm afraid they have some fire resistance right now.

    Cloug, bolstered by shrugging off Pious's shot, floats back a few feet with the intention of attacking Obozaya using their superior reach.

    Obozaya Step Up and Strike:
    Doshko (nonlethal): 1d20 + 12 - 4 ⇒ (10) + 12 - 4 = 18
    Fire damage: 2d8 + 14 ⇒ (6, 8) + 14 = 28

    They're completely caught off guard as Obozaya quickly follows, and catch the side of her doshko square in the face, falling to the ground out cold! Scruggs winces in sympathy as the blow lands. Stand up and Strike is enough to knock Cloug out. Last time Obo made a single attack it was nonlethal, so I assumed that would be the plan here as well.

    Meddo howls in rage and charges at Obozaya, burying her sword into the vesk!

    Sword: 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (20) + 17 = 37
    Slashing: 2d6 + 10 ⇒ (1, 3) + 10 = 14
    Crit damage: 2d6 + 10 ⇒ (3, 6) + 10 = 19

    ---------

    Initiative!

  • Obozaya
  • Pious
  • Axtin
  • Ishikitik
  • Scrupps surrendered
  • Cloug Knocked out
  • Meddo
  • Sharmain

    Whole party may act!


  • "Obozaya" Female N vesk mercenary soldier 8 | SP 27/72 HP 45/62 | RP 7/8 | EAC 26; KAC 29 | Fort +8; Ref +6; Will +6; +2 vs. fear | Init: +8 | Perc: +0, SM: +0 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None.

    Meddo's sword slices open Obo's armor. Blood oozes from her wound as she turns her attention to her foe.

    "Same offer everyone else got," Obo says. She swings the doshko forward, "Though no mercy for you."

    Obo's mad from that hit, so lethal damage here. The nonlethal on Cloug was correct!

    Flame Doshko Attack 1: 1d20 + 13 - 4 ⇒ (14) + 13 - 4 = 23
    Flame Doshko Damage 1: 2d8 + 14 ⇒ (7, 3) + 14 = 24 fire

    Flame Doshko Attack 2: 1d20 + 13 - 4 ⇒ (8) + 13 - 4 = 17
    Flame Doshko Damage 2: 2d8 + 14 ⇒ (6, 2) + 14 = 22 fire

    Dataphiles

    Android Mystic (Akashic) 6 | HP: 39/42 SP: 0/40 Res 7/7 | EAC 21 | KAC 22 | Fort +3 Ref +5 Will +9 | Init +3 | Percep +15 (Keen Senses)

    Pious nearly leaps into action to heal Obozaya but sees that the vesk still seems to be more roughed up than truly damaged. He shapes the mystic energies swirling through his circuitry out of the healing balm he began and shapes it into a spear of psychic aggression instead that he drives at the nuar.

    Mind Thrst, level 1, with a DC of 15 against 2d10 ⇒ (2, 9) = 11 damage.

    Wayfinders

    Shirren Envoy 6 | SP: 00/46 HP: 39/42 Res 5/5 | EAC 18 | KAC 21 | Fort +4 Ref +8 Will +6 | Init +3 | Percep +5 (tremor sense)

    Not wanting to get any closer to the melee, Axtin remains safely behind P-105.

    "Oh no, oh no, get the Nuar this time!

    get em on Meddo

    Then Axtin takes a shot, bolstered by his own words.

    pew pew: 1d20 + 7 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 7 + 1 = 27
    damage: 1d6 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9 electricity, nonlethal

    Grand Lodge

    BoomBlock || Spell Templates | Starship Roles | ◆◇↺

    Will vs. mind thrust: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (2) + 9 = 11

    Meddo grunts in pain as Obozaya's first swing bites in, though she's able to deflect the second. She howls even louder as Pious psychically stabs her and Axtin shoots her! Still, she holds her ground, a look of determined fury on her face.

    -----

    Initiative!

  • Obozaya
  • Pious
  • Axtin
  • Ishikitik
  • Scrupps surrendered
  • Cloug Knocked out
  • Meddo 51 damage
  • Sharmain

    Sharmain and Ishkitik may act.

  • Acquisitives

    Female LN Shirren Cyberborn Mechanic 8 | SP 56/56 HP 54/54 | RP 9/9 | EAC 25; KAC 26 | Fort +7; Ref +11; Will +6 | Init: +5 | Perc: +13, SM: +10; blindsense (vibration) 60 ft. | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: none

    Ishkitok moves forward again, taking a swing at the nuar.

    flame doshko: 1d20 + 10 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 10 + 1 = 16
    ouch!: 2d8 + 8 ⇒ (1, 2) + 8 = 11 fire

    Ishkitik takes a shot as well.

    overcharged shot: 1d20 + 11 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 11 + 1 = 23
    ouch!: 2d4 + 3 + 1d6 ⇒ (1, 1) + 3 + (1) = 6

    Wayfinders

    Female NG Damaya Lashunta Xenoseeker Mystic 7 (Star Sharman connection) | SP 4/42 HP 40/46 | RP 8/9 | EAC 20; KAC 20 (DR 5/-; Resist: Cold 5, Fire 5)| Fort +3; Ref +5; Will +11 | Init: +3| Perc: +18, SM: +13 | Speed 30ft | Detect Thoughts 1/1 Healing Touch 1/1 | Spells: 1st 3/6, 2nd 2/5, 3rd 2/3 | Active conditions: none.

    "You really should surrender," Sharmain calls out to the nuar. "We don't want to hurt you but won't let you escape."

    She then sends three shooting stars of force directly at the inmate.
    shooting star 1 force damage: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4
    shooting star 2 force damage: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5
    shooting star 3 force damage: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3

    Taking advantage of her hasted condition, Sharmain moves closer to the action but stays out of melee range.

    If a full action shooting starts does not count as a full attack for haste, please move me back.

    Grand Lodge

    BoomBlock || Spell Templates | Starship Roles | ◆◇↺

    Meddo manages to parry 'Tok's doshko, but can't avoid 'Tik's shot. Before she can fully regain her footing, Sharmain fires a trio of magic missiles that further injure the escapee. It's not enough to stop the rampaging nuar, though, who rages and slashes twice more at Obozaya!

    Buzzblade dueling sword, full attack: 1d20 + 17 - 4 ⇒ (10) + 17 - 4 = 23
    Slashing: 2d6 + 10 ⇒ (4, 2) + 10 = 16

    Buzzblade dueling sword, full attack: 1d20 + 17 - 4 ⇒ (7) + 17 - 4 = 20
    Slashing: 2d6 + 10 ⇒ (3, 1) + 10 = 14

    Her cries of frustration only grow as both blows glance off the vesk's armor!

    ---------

    Initiative!

  • Obozaya
  • Pious
  • Axtin
  • Ishikitik
  • Scrupps surrendered
  • Cloug Knocked out
  • Meddo 69 damage
  • Sharmain

    Whole party may act!

  • Wayfinders

    Female NG Damaya Lashunta Xenoseeker Mystic 7 (Star Sharman connection) | SP 4/42 HP 40/46 | RP 8/9 | EAC 20; KAC 20 (DR 5/-; Resist: Cold 5, Fire 5)| Fort +3; Ref +5; Will +11 | Init: +3| Perc: +18, SM: +13 | Speed 30ft | Detect Thoughts 1/1 Healing Touch 1/1 | Spells: 1st 3/6, 2nd 2/5, 3rd 2/3 | Active conditions: none.

    Sharmain uses her jump jets to fly over, landing where she has clear aim at the nuar.

    static arc pistol attack against EAC: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (16) + 8 = 24
    potential electric damage: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7 non-lethal

    "You really are being a bit bull headed. Just lay down your weapon, you silly cow." Frustration infuses every word from the lashunta mystic, quite unlike her usual demeanor.

    Dataphiles

    Android Mystic (Akashic) 6 | HP: 39/42 SP: 0/40 Res 7/7 | EAC 21 | KAC 22 | Fort +3 Ref +5 Will +9 | Init +3 | Percep +15 (Keen Senses)

    Seeing as how the nuar isn't glowing red Pious takes a calculated risk and fires with the microwave scorchgun again.

    Attack: 1d20 + 7 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 7 + 1 = 23
    Damage: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8

    Grand Lodge

    BoomBlock || Spell Templates | Starship Roles | ◆◇↺

    "Grrr! You'll pay for that!" Meddo bellows at Sharmain, seemingly more upset about the cow jokes than about being shot. Both hit, both seem to have full effect.

    -------

    Initiative!

  • Obozaya
  • Pious
  • Axtin
  • Ishikitik
  • Scrupps surrendered
  • Cloug Knocked out
  • Meddo 84 damage
  • Sharmain

    Obozaya, Axtin, and Ishkitik may act!


  • "Obozaya" Female N vesk mercenary soldier 8 | SP 27/72 HP 45/62 | RP 7/8 | EAC 26; KAC 29 | Fort +8; Ref +6; Will +6; +2 vs. fear | Init: +8 | Perc: +0, SM: +0 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None.

    Obo grunts with annoyance at the nuar. She should really just surrender, Obo thinks. Of course, her own wounds were adding up, but she wouldn't surrender. Maybe they're just two peas in a pod.

    Blaze Flame Doshko Attack 1: 1d20 + 13 + 1 - 4 ⇒ (18) + 13 + 1 - 4 = 28
    Blaze Flame Doshko Damage 1: 2d8 + 14 ⇒ (5, 3) + 14 = 22 fire

    Blaze Flame Doshko Attack 2: 1d20 + 13 + 1 - 4 ⇒ (5) + 13 + 1 - 4 = 15
    Blaze Flame Doshko Damage 2: 2d8 + 14 ⇒ (5, 5) + 14 = 24 fire

    Acquisitives

    Female LN Shirren Cyberborn Mechanic 8 | SP 56/56 HP 54/54 | RP 9/9 | EAC 25; KAC 26 | Fort +7; Ref +11; Will +6 | Init: +5 | Perc: +13, SM: +10; blindsense (vibration) 60 ft. | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: none

    Ishkitok keeps swinging!

    flame doshko: 1d20 + 10 + 1 ⇒ (20) + 10 + 1 = 31
    ouch!: 2d8 + 8 ⇒ (4, 6) + 8 = 18 fire

    Ishkitik moves closer for another shot.

    overcharged shot: 1d20 + 11 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 11 + 1 = 21
    ouch!: 2d4 + 3 + 1d6 ⇒ (2, 3) + 3 + (6) = 14

    Grand Lodge

    1 person marked this as a favorite.
    BoomBlock || Spell Templates | Starship Roles | ◆◇↺

    Obozaya, annoyed at Meddo, lands a devastating blow on the nuar. "Argh! Fine!" she shouts, throwing down her weapons and holding up her hands. "Fine! I give up!" Sorry to step on your crit, Ishkitik, but Obo's shot got her to her surrender condition, and I assume you wouldn't want to kill a surrendering prisoner.

    Meddo's gear:

  • Maze-core aphelion laser pistol/buzzblade dueling sword (one object that can function as either of two; each have a high-capacity battery; can switch between the two as a swift action)
  • (4) Frag grenade III
  • Advanced lashunta tempweave (black force field)
  • (4) detonators

    Beside Axtin, a panel damaged by the trap you set off clatters to the ground. Within, you find a cache of gear that someone stashed here.

    Cache gear:

  • D-suite II (mk 1 thermal capacitor)
  • Liquidator disintigration pistol
  • Yellow star solar brand
  • (2) Batteries
  • (2) High-capacity batteries
  • (2) mk 2 frag grenades
  • (2) mk 3 incendiary grenades

    None of this gear, including Meddo's, looks like either standard-issue Starfinder or Steward equipment.

  • Dataphiles

    Android Mystic (Akashic) 6 | HP: 39/42 SP: 0/40 Res 7/7 | EAC 21 | KAC 22 | Fort +3 Ref +5 Will +9 | Init +3 | Percep +15 (Keen Senses)

    Pious picks up the maze-core laser pistol and converts it into the sword and back a few times, nodding at the functionality. "Lot of heavy ordinance pre-prepared here," the android says neutrally, looking at the detonators and grenades.

    Neither of the other two had any gear? None of this is of much interest to me, liquidator pistol looks nice but not with that close range when I'm playing up


    "Obozaya" Female N vesk mercenary soldier 8 | SP 27/72 HP 45/62 | RP 7/8 | EAC 26; KAC 29 | Fort +8; Ref +6; Will +6; +2 vs. fear | Init: +8 | Perc: +0, SM: +0 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None.

    "Okay, well," Obo says, barely blinking at the small armory hidden behind the panel. "You three know you all are in for it after this. Maybe if you start talking, we can let the Stewards know you were real cooperative. What's the play here? Anyone else in on it?"

    Anyone wanna be good cop to my bad cop? My diplo is bad but I have a decent intimidate.

    Wayfinders

    Female NG Damaya Lashunta Xenoseeker Mystic 7 (Star Sharman connection) | SP 4/42 HP 40/46 | RP 8/9 | EAC 20; KAC 20 (DR 5/-; Resist: Cold 5, Fire 5)| Fort +3; Ref +5; Will +11 | Init: +3| Perc: +18, SM: +13 | Speed 30ft | Detect Thoughts 1/1 Healing Touch 1/1 | Spells: 1st 3/6, 2nd 2/5, 3rd 2/3 | Active conditions: none.

    "Obo, my friend, you seem rather cranky, not without reason either. Would you like some healing?" Nodding at the cache, Sharmain adds, "It's pretty clear they had inside help, maybe a double cross though given the trouble they were having. I think we should move them to a secure location and check the rest of the place."

    "I'm hoping the mention of a double cross softens them up a bit and encourages them to talk" she projects to the rest of the group.

    Grand Lodge

    BoomBlock || Spell Templates | Starship Roles | ◆◇↺

    "Ugh, if I ever see that double-crossing elf and her stupid purple hair again I'll wring her scrawny neck!" Meddo bellows. "That code she gave us was a bum steer!"

    "Yeah, what a rotten thing for a Steward to do, anyway!" Scruggs rumbled. "Ain't they supposed to be goody two-shoes?"

    @Pious: No gear with the other two, both were using natural attacks. If asked, Meddo will admit to being tipped off where a cache of weapons was stashed in this room by the same person that gave her the code.


    "Obozaya" Female N vesk mercenary soldier 8 | SP 27/72 HP 45/62 | RP 7/8 | EAC 26; KAC 29 | Fort +8; Ref +6; Will +6; +2 vs. fear | Init: +8 | Perc: +0, SM: +0 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None.

    Obo raises one of her brow ridges at Sharmain. Steward, eh? The talk of double-cross confuses her, as she hadn't realized that earlier. The whole thing was confusing, but her work was done. Now just to get patched up and ready for any additional combat.

    Dataphiles

    Android Mystic (Akashic) 6 | HP: 39/42 SP: 0/40 Res 7/7 | EAC 21 | KAC 22 | Fort +3 Ref +5 Will +9 | Init +3 | Percep +15 (Keen Senses)

    Pious' eyebrows raise at the mention of the Steward. "A Steward, you say? What was their name?" he asks as he hurriedly tries to remember which Stewards were assisting them with the guard duty.

    Sense Motive on whether they seem truthful?
    Sense Motive: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (14) + 11 = 25

    Wayfinders

    Female NG Damaya Lashunta Xenoseeker Mystic 7 (Star Sharman connection) | SP 4/42 HP 40/46 | RP 8/9 | EAC 20; KAC 20 (DR 5/-; Resist: Cold 5, Fire 5)| Fort +3; Ref +5; Will +11 | Init: +3| Perc: +18, SM: +13 | Speed 30ft | Detect Thoughts 1/1 Healing Touch 1/1 | Spells: 1st 3/6, 2nd 2/5, 3rd 2/3 | Active conditions: none.

    "Yes, please tell us more of this purple haired elf and the steward, or are they one and the same? Your cooperation at this point can only improve your situation."

    Sense Motive: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (18) + 13 = 31

    Hopefully this conversation takes place as we escort them to secure cells. I suspect time is of the essence.

    Grand Lodge

    BoomBlock || Spell Templates | Starship Roles | ◆◇↺

    Meddo rolls her eyes and turns to Pious. "Name? Oh yeah, let me just remember, they told me their whole life story, address, and mother's maiden name, too. You want those, or just the name?" She snorts. "I'm guessin' you ain't ever been involved with nothin'...below board, huh? She don't offer her name, and I don't ask. She just slipped us the explosives and gave me a code and told us when to hit go. Seemed like an easy ticket out, and she said she was gonna find us with another job once we were out. Just a story to get us to play along, huh? Guess we was the suckers this time." Turning to Sharmain, she replies "Yeah, same one. Elf, steward uniform, purple hair. That's all I know."

    Meddo seems too pissed off to make any of this up. She seems truthful to both of you.

    -----

    This conversation can happen as you escort them back if you'd like, or you can rest up and heal up here first while you talk to them, your choice.


    1 person marked this as a favorite.
    "Obozaya" Female N vesk mercenary soldier 8 | SP 27/72 HP 45/62 | RP 7/8 | EAC 26; KAC 29 | Fort +8; Ref +6; Will +6; +2 vs. fear | Init: +8 | Perc: +0, SM: +0 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None.

    Obo is looking pretty beat up; I'm out of stamina and into HP. I'd like to be able to take a 10 minute rest, if no one else disagrees. I know that time is probably important... but I am worried about future conflict. Thoughts?

    "We're gonna get you settled back up in a cell and report this in." Obo shakes her head as she says this. "Either of the two of you know anything? What was the plan once you got out of here?"

    Obo groans as she stands up and is ready to get the prisoners back where they should be. The pain is deeper than she expected as the adrenaline of the fight wears off.

    "Sharmain, can you patch me up a bit? Got a bit of a nasty wound back there," Obo says.

    Grand Lodge

    BoomBlock || Spell Templates | Starship Roles | ◆◇↺

    Scrupps and Cloug both look at each other, then shrug (an odd site for a barathu). "What the boss said." No other info to be had. I'll wait for another person or two to weigh in about resting vs. rushing ahead.

    Acquisitives

    Female LN Shirren Cyberborn Mechanic 8 | SP 56/56 HP 54/54 | RP 9/9 | EAC 25; KAC 26 | Fort +7; Ref +11; Will +6 | Init: +5 | Perc: +13, SM: +10; blindsense (vibration) 60 ft. | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: none

    Sure, let's take a ten-minute rest.

    Dataphiles

    Android Mystic (Akashic) 6 | HP: 39/42 SP: 0/40 Res 7/7 | EAC 21 | KAC 22 | Fort +3 Ref +5 Will +9 | Init +3 | Percep +15 (Keen Senses)

    Yes, down for a ten-minute rest.

    Thinking ahead - does anyone have the means to disguise us? I'm thinking we can try to meet up with their contact disguised as them.

    Acquisitives

    Female LN Shirren Cyberborn Mechanic 8 | SP 56/56 HP 54/54 | RP 9/9 | EAC 25; KAC 26 | Fort +7; Ref +11; Will +6 | Init: +5 | Perc: +13, SM: +10; blindsense (vibration) 60 ft. | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: none

    No Disguise ability here, but I like the idea!

    Wayfinders

    Female NG Damaya Lashunta Xenoseeker Mystic 7 (Star Sharman connection) | SP 4/42 HP 40/46 | RP 8/9 | EAC 20; KAC 20 (DR 5/-; Resist: Cold 5, Fire 5)| Fort +3; Ref +5; Will +11 | Init: +3| Perc: +18, SM: +13 | Speed 30ft | Detect Thoughts 1/1 Healing Touch 1/1 | Spells: 1st 3/6, 2nd 2/5, 3rd 2/3 | Active conditions: none.

    Anyone need hit point healing?

    Sharmain assesses her colleagues to determine where she should spend her energy or hand out serums of healing.

    Grand Lodge

    BoomBlock || Spell Templates | Starship Roles | ◆◇↺

    @Sharmain: It looks to me like Obozaya took 101 total damage (including damage from the bomb before the fight), which would put her at down 29 hp. Let me know if there's something I've missed. Either way, she could probably use some hp back.

    ---------

    Your journey back to the cell block, prisoners in tow, is cut short as a massive blast door has shut, blocking passage back to the cells! What's worse, the access panel beside it seems to be glitching! Even with the keycard, the door refuses to open.

    You can open the door with three full rounds of effort and a DC 26 Computers check to hack the panel. Alternatively, you can try to rush it, increasing the DC to 31 but reducing the time needed to open it by 1. If you try this route, please (a) tell me whether you are attempting the standard DC or the harder DC, and (b) choose one person to lead the effort (others can aid).

    Two alternatives:

  • 1. You can destroy the door, though it isn't easy. Hardness 20, 240hp, Break DC of 32. If you choose this route, we'll do it in rounds to see how long it takes.
  • 2. You might be able to succeed where Meddo and crew failed and try the laundry chute. You'd have to take a guess (based on info you've been given) what the code is, and it's hard to gauge how long it would take to get back to the cell block once you've gone through that way.

    Let me know how you'd like to proceed.


  • "Obozaya" Female N vesk mercenary soldier 8 | SP 27/72 HP 45/62 | RP 7/8 | EAC 26; KAC 29 | Fort +8; Ref +6; Will +6; +2 vs. fear | Init: +8 | Perc: +0, SM: +0 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None.

    I came up with 118 total damage, including the pre-combat bomb... But adding up damage is a struggle for me. In any case, Obo is extremely wounded and down deep into HP.

    Acquisitives

    Female LN Shirren Cyberborn Mechanic 8 | SP 56/56 HP 54/54 | RP 9/9 | EAC 25; KAC 26 | Fort +7; Ref +11; Will +6 | Init: +5 | Perc: +13, SM: +10; blindsense (vibration) 60 ft. | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: none

    Ishkitik starts working on the door.

    Standard DC

    Computers checks:

    Computers: 1d20 + 19 ⇒ (1) + 19 = 20

    Re-roll!
    Computers: 1d20 + 19 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 19 + 4 = 33

    Computers: 1d20 + 19 ⇒ (15) + 19 = 34
    Computers: 1d20 + 19 ⇒ (7) + 19 = 26

    Dataphiles

    Android Mystic (Akashic) 6 | HP: 39/42 SP: 0/40 Res 7/7 | EAC 21 | KAC 22 | Fort +3 Ref +5 Will +9 | Init +3 | Percep +15 (Keen Senses)

    Pious jumps into helping hack open the door.

    Auto-aid

    Wayfinders

    Female NG Damaya Lashunta Xenoseeker Mystic 7 (Star Sharman connection) | SP 4/42 HP 40/46 | RP 8/9 | EAC 20; KAC 20 (DR 5/-; Resist: Cold 5, Fire 5)| Fort +3; Ref +5; Will +11 | Init: +3| Perc: +18, SM: +13 | Speed 30ft | Detect Thoughts 1/1 Healing Touch 1/1 | Spells: 1st 3/6, 2nd 2/5, 3rd 2/3 | Active conditions: none.

    Mystic Cure L2 for Obo: 3d8 + 6 ⇒ (2, 1, 5) + 6 = 14

    Mystic Cure L1 for Sharmain: 1d8 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7

    Oof! Dicebot doesn't like us. Obo, do you have some serums of healing you can use as well?

    51 to 100 of 156 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | next > last >>
    Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Dennis - SFS #5-05 Boom-Block Gambit All Messageboards

    Want to post a reply? Sign in.