Hmm's SFS #5-06 - Tarnished Legacy: Historia's Holdout [PBP Gameday XI] (Inactive)

Game Master Hmm

Slideshow / Map
RPG Chronicles Link


251 to 269 of 269 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | next > last >>
Exo-Guardians

Agender CG copaxi xenoarchaeologiest mystic 4 | SP 28/28 HP 28/28 | RP 5/5 | EAC 14; KAC 15 | Fort +2; Ref +2; Will +7 | Init: +1 | Perc: +13, SM: +3; blindsense (scent) 30 ft | Speed 30ft | Healing Touch 1/1 | Spells: 1st 4/4 2nd 3/3| Active conditions:

Naitier meditates on this as they let their thoughts mingle and build and lets them out as they share the matter.

"Offering a suggestion is difficult for the same reason you ask for advice Ruby-17. Now that you are free, there is little limit to the choice you have and all choices feel they could be the right choice for you. I believe you would be happy with any path you took as long as you take on one that you truly take on for yourself."

Naitier looks at the building and suggests, "you have done a masterpiece of work here and it was apparent to the care taken to make each of these simulations. I have read how much you enjoyed putting time into them and it would be a loss if Historia ruined your enjoyment of this work."

Looking more to the others Naitier notes his concern, "There are others in the area that would treat it as a boon if this place was lively and active. I would hope that the Society not leave this place barren, but after your years of service I'm hesitant to suggest she focus on the desires of others before herself. If she wants to remain her because she enjoys it I would endorse it, but not if she is doing it out of obligation."

Naitier would be fine with Custodian, but if it is something she wants without the pressure of helping people here.


"Doom Girl" // ♫ // ◇ ◈ ↺ // PbP Events // // PbP GM Kit // Year of Fortune's Fall // DA Duology Maps

Ruby-17 blinks and responds to Ik. "Do you remember being born? A new body could be exciting, but it'll bring changes. How long will it be strange to me?" Ruby-17 shrugs. "Though I suppose the mobile holo projector would be odd too."

She considers. "It sounds like you're evenly divided between advising me to try the mobile holo projector and staying here as custodian of the facility. Although this is ultimately my decision, perhaps we should talk it through some more."

She turns to Triage. "You didn't vote for either option. Between custodian and the mobile projector, which would you choose?"

Cognates

1 person marked this as a favorite.
2386108-701 Host NG Shirren Healer Mystic 4 EAC 15, KAC 17|SP 22/30 HP 28/28|RP 4/5|Fort +2, Ref +2, Will +7|Init: +1 | Perc: +10| Speed 30 ft |Spells: 1st 4/4, 2nd 3/3| Active conditions: None.

Speaking to Ruby-17
"One of your options is a task while the other three are transformations of yourself. As a sherrin and congante, of the transformations getting a new body, provides protection from things like data failure it all so provides the most independence and options for you. The hologram projector sounds interesting at first but it's really only a way to travel and see other places not experience them fully, thus losing out on many options. Changing the order of the advice I'm giving I'd first choose your transformation then you can decide what task to do with your new life. If you then decide to stay as custodian demand vacation time to travel in your contract."

after rethinking this over changes vote to get a new body

Cognates

Agender CG Ijtikri Scholar Vanguard 4 | SP 10/40 HP 17/34 | RP 3/5 | EAC 18 KAC 18 +1 if have EP| Fort +7; Ref +6 Will +1 Evasion | Init: +3 | Perc: +1, SM: +1 | Speed 30’ Swim 30’ | Reroll used | Reactive used| Active conditions: 1 EP

Ikmanji is puzzled by Ruby-17s comment about being born. Still, it seems that a majority of the group recommends a new body for her.

Seems I need to learn more about androids. In any case, the others have made a very compelling case for taking on a new body. Having gone through metamorphosis multiple times, I can assure you it has advantages.

Dataphiles

1 person marked this as a favorite.
NG Forlorn Elf Anesthesiology Biohacker 4 (He/Him) | Cyberborn | SP 24/24 HP 28/28 RP 7/7 | EAC 15; KAC 15 | Fort +4, Ref +3, Will +2 (+2 Enchantment) |Init: +2 | Perc: +14 | Speed 30ft | Biohacks 6/6 | Spark of Ingenuity 1/1 | Field Dressing 5/5 |

”Go see the world Ruby, in whatever form that takes! Explore the galaxy, experience new things, and live the life that got taken from you. This place will always remain for you to come back to when you’re ready, but you’ve already lost so much time, don’t lose anymore putting others before yourself.”


"Doom Girl" // ♫ // ◇ ◈ ↺ // PbP Events // // PbP GM Kit // Year of Fortune's Fall // DA Duology Maps

Ruby smiles. "Maybe I should look at a new body as a metamorphosis. Caterpillar to butterfly!" The hologram playfully takes out a paintbrush, and paints several of Nirvana's butterflies in the air. The butterflies dance around you before flying off. "I think I will travel! Oh, and as the first students to complete planar training here... Let me gift you with some backpacks with the Dataphiles logo!"

A cabinet opens up with a backpack for each of you.

Ruby-17 takes Jek aside. "I think Hope-01 was still resident in Historia-Prime before he took over my body. From time to time, I would see Historia-3 have a thoughtful moment, and then violently suppress it. I hope you keep looking for your friend, and that you find all the hope you deserve, too."

★ ---- ★ ---- ★ ---- ★

It's time to report back to the Lorespire! What do you tell Ixthia and Celita?

Dataphiles

2 people marked this as a favorite.
NG Forlorn Elf Anesthesiology Biohacker 4 (He/Him) | Cyberborn | SP 24/24 HP 28/28 RP 7/7 | EAC 15; KAC 15 | Fort +4, Ref +3, Will +2 (+2 Enchantment) |Init: +2 | Perc: +14 | Speed 30ft | Biohacks 6/6 | Spark of Ingenuity 1/1 | Field Dressing 5/5 |

Triage eventually makes his way up to Jek and puts a soft hand on his shoulder. ”We’ll find Hope someday, and until then, we’ll just have to make our own.”

Wayfinders

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male N Dwarf Precog 4 | SP 24/24 HP 26/26 | RP 7/7 | EAC 18; KAC 18 | Fort +2; Ref +6; Will +6 | Init: +5 | Perc: +9, SM: +9 | Speed 20ft | Paradoxes: 16

"Happy trails lassie. Enjoy your travels, and if ye still want tae come back her afterwards ah for one would be glad tae work with you. Although ah think Donkey is a mite miffed at the holograms... prob'ly should let er go roll in some grass."

~~~

Back at Lorespire, Grognard shows at least some respect and walks Donkey in rather than riding her into the elevators again. Face to face with Ixthia and Celita Grognard looks more disappointed than anything. "Guess what? Another o' Historia-Primes little slivers was lurkin' there. Took over a poor lassie who was makin' training holos. We got put through th' ringer, passed, and ripped Historia oot o' the lassie. Goes by Ruby-17. Ye may see her wanderin' aroond soon... Gonna use her newfound freedom to do some travelin. Dinnae seem tae hold a grudge though... Might wanna reach out tae her once she's got her feet on the groond. From the sound of it, she prob'ly wouldn't mind stayin' on the Starfinder payroll."

Donkey grunts.

Cognates

Agender CG Ijtikri Scholar Vanguard 4 | SP 10/40 HP 17/34 | RP 3/5 | EAC 18 KAC 18 +1 if have EP| Fort +7; Ref +6 Will +1 Evasion | Init: +3 | Perc: +1, SM: +1 | Speed 30’ Swim 30’ | Reroll used | Reactive used| Active conditions: 1 EP

They were trapped in the computer systems at the complex. Ruby-17 was the android that Historia-3 groomed to be their successor. Strangely enough, there was a picture of Historia-3 there that got corrupted.

Forget exactly what the tag data said, but it suggests that Historia-Prime kept the personalities of the agents they took over.

The location itself was a training facility for missions to other planes. Pretty nice set up, very useable as is. Had us do three data retrieval missions.

Looking to Ixthia and Celita, they ask “Do either of you know a Vlaka named Bargai?

They wait a few moments for an answer before going on.

They run a community center down there. They were hoping the society could bring in some business and maybe some aid, things are tough down in the Spike right now.

Cognates

1 person marked this as a favorite.
2386108-701 Host NG Shirren Healer Mystic 4 EAC 15, KAC 17|SP 22/30 HP 28/28|RP 4/5|Fort +2, Ref +2, Will +7|Init: +1 | Perc: +10| Speed 30 ft |Spells: 1st 4/4, 2nd 3/3| Active conditions: None.

Jek takes a long thoughtful pause after hearing what Triage has to say about finding hope. After a minute Jeks antenna perks up as Jek simply replies "Hope-02"


"Doom Girl" // ♫ // ◇ ◈ ↺ // PbP Events // // PbP GM Kit // Year of Fortune's Fall // DA Duology Maps

Celita and Ixthia are relieved when you report back in, and are intrigued by their report on the property. “Fascinating,” Ixthia says, “Think of the possibilities this facility could provide! The training opportunities! And that planar incursions file... Oh, so many missions this might spark!”

Celita is more pensive. “I'm disturbed by the implications of Ruby-17's presence. I assumed such personalities were consumed by Historia-Prime. Yet, if Ruby-17's mind was imprisoned… How many other minds has Historia-Prime captured? How many more of his lost protégés are out there, waiting in vain for rescue?” She clenches her hands and says, “We must find them.”

The End


I am the tool of the GM

It is now time for us to roll the closing credits. Feel free to roll your day jobs and give me a closing scene for the Outro!

Dataphiles

1 person marked this as a favorite.
NG Forlorn Elf Anesthesiology Biohacker 4 (He/Him) | Cyberborn | SP 24/24 HP 28/28 RP 7/7 | EAC 15; KAC 15 | Fort +4, Ref +3, Will +2 (+2 Enchantment) |Init: +2 | Perc: +14 | Speed 30ft | Biohacks 6/6 | Spark of Ingenuity 1/1 | Field Dressing 5/5 |

"We're with you Celita, every step of the way. You know how to reach us the moment you find a lead." His voice is determined. Even though his face remains hidden behind the mask, it's clear through his body language that he care deeply about this.

Cognates

1 person marked this as a favorite.
2386108-701 Host NG Shirren Healer Mystic 4 EAC 15, KAC 17|SP 22/30 HP 28/28|RP 4/5|Fort +2, Ref +2, Will +7|Init: +1 | Perc: +10| Speed 30 ft |Spells: 1st 4/4, 2nd 3/3| Active conditions: None.

day job roll
Profession maintenance worker with tool kit: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (14) + 12 = 26

"Celita if they are out there we'll find them." Jek rolls up his sleeve and points to Jek's "Never give up on hope" tattoo. "Finding them just gave this tattoo an added meaning."

Cognates

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Agender CG Ijtikri Scholar Vanguard 4 | SP 10/40 HP 17/34 | RP 3/5 | EAC 18 KAC 18 +1 if have EP| Fort +7; Ref +6 Will +1 Evasion | Init: +3 | Perc: +1, SM: +1 | Speed 30’ Swim 30’ | Reroll used | Reactive used| Active conditions: 1 EP

Ikmanji says “Might want someone from your group to talk to Ruby-17, find out everything you can about how she got captured. Might help us with the next one we find and try to rescue.

They look at their backpack and say “I wonder what Ryo and some of the others will say about this.

—-

Ikmanji tries to make some progress with their current simulator.
Profession Oceanographer, tools + clothes: 1d20 + 6 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 6 + 5 = 18

Wayfinders

Male N Dwarf Precog 4 | SP 24/24 HP 26/26 | RP 7/7 | EAC 18; KAC 18 | Fort +2; Ref +6; Will +6 | Init: +5 | Perc: +9, SM: +9 | Speed 20ft | Paradoxes: 16

Grognard rides off into the sunset. "Let's go get a wee heavy ale Donkey... ahm sure we'll have a few more Historia-Hijacks to deal with last week. Or tomorrow. Or... whatever."

No day job

Exo-Guardians

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Agender CG copaxi xenoarchaeologiest mystic 4 | SP 28/28 HP 28/28 | RP 5/5 | EAC 14; KAC 15 | Fort +2; Ref +2; Will +7 | Init: +1 | Perc: +13, SM: +3; blindsense (scent) 30 ft | Speed 30ft | Healing Touch 1/1 | Spells: 1st 4/4 2nd 3/3| Active conditions:

"There has been no experience regarding Historia-Prime that has not left me wary of what the future might bring and my own lack of ability compared to others that have come before." Naitier ponders on their wounds a moment before focusing on the matter of Ruby-17.

"However, today was a welcome opportunity to reverse damage that had been dealt rather than hold back the entropic forces."

****

No Day Job

In the following days Naitier makes it a point to return to the Sparks. There they try to focus on honing their sign language and partaking in the entertainment the neighborhood. They even make it a point to commission work for equipment from the residents where able for new gear, food, and attire.

Continuing this contemplations they try to help people in the community that is familiar to their own.

Acquisitives

"Djakar" | 820-712 | Female NG Icon Dirindi Envoy 3 | SP 18/18 HP 22/22 | RP 5/5 | EAC 18; KAC 18 | Fort +1; Ref +5; Will +2 | Init: +3 | Perc: +7, SM: +5 +1d6 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: Blindsense (Electricity), Darkvision, Low-Light; Resistance 5 to Electricity

Profession Journalist: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (5) + 9 = 14

"Hello Pactworlders! This is Djakar of the Dirindi News Network, continuing my series on the helpers of Absalom Station. Today, thanks to a tip received from my friend Naitier, we're interviewing a former Starfinder and all around alienatarian, Bargai from Helping Hands!"

Manifold Host

They / Them / It LN Urog Nanocyte 3 (Discorperation) (They / Them / It) | Xenoarchaeologist | Temp HP: 0/3 SP 22/33 HP 24/24 RP 6/6 | EAC 10; KAC 12| Fort +8, Ref +0 (+2), Will +0 |Init: +0 | Perc: +6 | Speed 20ft | Nanite Surge 3/8 | Nanocyte 3 (Discorperation)

dayjob: archaeologist: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (20) + 14 = 34

251 to 269 of 269 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Hmm's SFS #5-06 - Tarnished Legacy: Historia's Holdout [PBP Gameday XI] All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.