PFS1e 10-17 - On Sevenfinger's Sails (KS) (Inactive)

Game Master phaeton_nz

Tier 7-11
Subtier 10-11 (4 player adjustment)
Map


451 to 500 of 517 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | next > last >>
Grand Lodge

[Init +8, Per +17, Spd 40'] M Tengu Unchained Rogue (Swordmaster/Scout) 10th [HP 53/53, AC 26(30) |ff 18 |t 20, Fort +7, Ref +18, Will +7,] CMD 27

It's not going to do much without the fancy arrow, but regular arrows are cheap so he fires his bow at the ghoul that's already injured.

shortbow: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (8) + 14 = 22
arrow: 1d6 ⇒ 6

Liberty's Edge

Female CG Gnome Kineticist 8 | HP 115/115 | NL dmg: 0 | AC 22+2*, T 16*, FF 17+2 | CMB +5, CMD 18 | Fort +16, Ref +13, Will +5* | Init +7 | Perception +14, Sense Motive +2 | Speed 20ft | Burn: 0/9 | Active conditions: Water Shroud (+2 AC); -2 on Wis, Int, Cha checks; Env. Air (20% miss chance), Calm Emotions

And Pai tries to finish off the injured ghoul with another surge of electrical energy. "Diediediediediediediedienononononononono!"

Electric blast vs. Touch AC: 1d20 + 14 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 14 + 2 = 224d6 + 4 + 4 ⇒ (1, 3, 4, 5) + 4 + 4 = 21
Includes Extended Range, Infusion Specialization, and Elemental Overflow

Grand Lodge

male human swashbuckler(rondelero)/brawler 1, HP 93/93, F +7(+1 vs poison/disease), R +15, W +7, AC 28, T 20, FF 23 Init +7(+9), Per +13 Panache 6/6

Mykel fires at the same foe, trying to bring it down.

twang: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (16) + 16 = 321d8 ⇒ 1

Silver Crusade

Human Male | VA | Auckland, New Zealand | UTC+13 | PFS2 3-17 | PFS2 B21 | SFS 3-10 | SFS 4-12 | SFS 2-13

That ghoul goes down, leaving just one on the deck. At this point there is a commotion below deck and it sounds like reinforcements are on the way up.

Silver Crusade

Human Male | VA | Auckland, New Zealand | UTC+13 | PFS2 3-17 | PFS2 B21 | SFS 3-10 | SFS 4-12 | SFS 2-13

You land on the deck, ((unless there are other action while in flight)) still in spider form, just as an entity, who is dressed in a long dark coat and a tall hat, appears on the deck. This lanky, fanged humanoid exudes an almost palpable aura of horror. Close behind it is a ghoulish looking Sevenfingers, although it appears he has managed to regenerate those missing fingers.

Initiatives:
Pai: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (4) + 7 = 11
K’Anubis: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8
Nana: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 2 = 22
Kernuffle: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (17) + 4 = 21
Mykel: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (19) + 9 = 28
Kahwen: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (13) + 8 = 21

ghoul commander: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (14) + 9 = 23
Nightdrinker: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (18) + 9 = 27
Sempet Sevenfingers: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (19) + 11 = 30

You can sense that the deck is covered with a magical aura.

Sevenfingers casts Haste on himself and his allies.

Mykel is up followed by Nightdrinker.

Liberty's Edge

Female CG Gnome Kineticist 8 | HP 115/115 | NL dmg: 0 | AC 22+2*, T 16*, FF 17+2 | CMB +5, CMD 18 | Fort +16, Ref +13, Will +5* | Init +7 | Perception +14, Sense Motive +2 | Speed 20ft | Burn: 0/9 | Active conditions: Water Shroud (+2 AC); -2 on Wis, Int, Cha checks; Env. Air (20% miss chance), Calm Emotions

"IIIIIEEEEEEEEEEE!" Of course Sevenfingers looks like a ghoul, and hangs out with a super-scary-mystery-person-thing. *Of course.* Pai's going to have nightmares for months.

FYI: Pai wouldn't land on the deck, as she likes to be up in the air. It'll take her a moment to realize that she can't stop flying and keep up with the ship, at which point she'll probably hook a leg on some of the rigging about 15' above the deck so the ship doesn't drift away from her.

Grand Lodge

active effects:
Female half orc Cleric (separatist) 12 | AC 21 T 13 FF 19 | CMD 24 | HP 107/107| F +16 R +11 W +21 | Init +2 (4) | Perc +12 darkvision 60'

Nana will cast a summons in the last round of the flight, then plans to open combat with the Blessing of Fervour.

1d3 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3 Medium Ferocious Air Elementals appear.

Mainly they'll serve as flank buddies I expect but there's also the possibility of Whirlwinding the Medium ghouls off the ship.

Grand Lodge

male human swashbuckler(rondelero)/brawler 1, HP 93/93, F +7(+1 vs poison/disease), R +15, W +7, AC 28, T 20, FF 23 Init +7(+9), Per +13 Panache 6/6

am i an idiot or is the map not there? which slide is it?

Silver Crusade

Human Male | VA | Auckland, New Zealand | UTC+13 | PFS2 3-17 | PFS2 B21 | SFS 3-10 | SFS 4-12 | SFS 2-13

There's no map given in the module. I might have to fake it.

The Exchange

M Dwarf | Ki Mystic-Sensei 4 / Strangler 2 / Living Monolith 4 | Ki pool 7/12 | Advices 8/12 [Perception +21, Darkvision, Gem-Scent, Tombsight] | Init +3 | AC=24/32, HP=105, CMD=30/42)

As far as more allies from Nana's menagire appear, K'Anubis approaches also.
He still has some Advice and start provideing it.
Advice: +1 Morale bonus to Attack and DMG to all allies.

Kanubis prepares good rope and manacles, and approaches Sevenfingers as far as he's on sight, thinkin about just dropping at him from above.

I see there is a ship's map. Can we use this?

Grand Lodge

active effects:
Female half orc Cleric (separatist) 12 | AC 21 T 13 FF 19 | CMD 24 | HP 107/107| F +16 R +11 W +21 | Init +2 (4) | Perc +12 darkvision 60'

Slide 3 appears to be a map of the Voracious, though I'm sure it's a generic ship layout.

Know.nature, explorer+chronicler, lantern's secrets: 1d20 + 6 + 4 + 1d4 ⇒ (4) + 6 + 4 + (3) = 17
know.religion, explorer+chronicler (counts as trained), expedition manager: 1d20 - 2 + 4 + 6 ⇒ (13) - 2 + 4 + 6 = 21

Nana attempts to id the enemies.

Liberty's Edge

Female CG Gnome Kineticist 8 | HP 115/115 | NL dmg: 0 | AC 22+2*, T 16*, FF 17+2 | CMB +5, CMD 18 | Fort +16, Ref +13, Will +5* | Init +7 | Perception +14, Sense Motive +2 | Speed 20ft | Burn: 0/9 | Active conditions: Water Shroud (+2 AC); -2 on Wis, Int, Cha checks; Env. Air (20% miss chance), Calm Emotions

Knowledge (nature): 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (18) + 4 = 22

While Pai is too terrified to consciously examine anything, her mind does instinctively recognize some things.

The Exchange

M Dwarf | Ki Mystic-Sensei 4 / Strangler 2 / Living Monolith 4 | Ki pool 7/12 | Advices 8/12 [Perception +21, Darkvision, Gem-Scent, Tombsight] | Init +3 | AC=24/32, HP=105, CMD=30/42)

—Pai, you looks seek, almost as my stomach feel today. Some old trauma? - asks K'Anubis almost casually while Pai manipulates with kinetic energies.

Grand Lodge

male human swashbuckler(rondelero)/brawler 1, HP 93/93, F +7(+1 vs poison/disease), R +15, W +7, AC 28, T 20, FF 23 Init +7(+9), Per +13 Panache 6/6

gonna post in a bit...just checked in

Silver Crusade

Human Male | VA | Auckland, New Zealand | UTC+13 | PFS2 3-17 | PFS2 B21 | SFS 3-10 | SFS 4-12 | SFS 2-13

Pei actually recognises Nightdrinker as a type of fey, specifically a bogeyman. But that's about all she knows about it.

The ghoul is actually a ghoul commander and, yes, Sempet Sevenfingers is now a Leng Ghoul.

I'll see what I can sort out about a map tomorrow - GMing a PFS2e in person game tonight, and I still need to finish prepping. Happy Thanksgiving

Liberty's Edge

Female CG Gnome Kineticist 8 | HP 115/115 | NL dmg: 0 | AC 22+2*, T 16*, FF 17+2 | CMB +5, CMD 18 | Fort +16, Ref +13, Will +5* | Init +7 | Perception +14, Sense Motive +2 | Speed 20ft | Burn: 0/9 | Active conditions: Water Shroud (+2 AC); -2 on Wis, Int, Cha checks; Env. Air (20% miss chance), Calm Emotions

"B-b-b-b-b-bogeymaaaan!"

Silver Crusade

Human Male | VA | Auckland, New Zealand | UTC+13 | PFS2 3-17 | PFS2 B21 | SFS 3-10 | SFS 4-12 | SFS 2-13

I've put up a map on the Slides with the foe's placements on it. Please place your tokens where you intend to touch down.

Sevenfingers chuckles a bit Looks like we're being invaded by Leng Spiders mateys. This will be easy. It's just pest control.

Grand Lodge

male human swashbuckler(rondelero)/brawler 1, HP 93/93, F +7(+1 vs poison/disease), R +15, W +7, AC 28, T 20, FF 23 Init +7(+9), Per +13 Panache 6/6

Mykel lands beside the nightdrinker, intending to engage it so his friends can deal with the others. He lashes out with his cold wrought blade, knowing the beast is fey.

slash, cold iron: 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (18) + 18 = 361d8 + 8 + 7 ⇒ (6) + 8 + 7 = 21

He then readies to fend off any return strike it might send his way.

p/r: 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (18) + 18 = 361d20 + 18 ⇒ (16) + 18 = 341d8 + 8 + 7 ⇒ (7) + 8 + 7 = 22

crit?: 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (11) + 18 = 292d8 + 16 ⇒ (1, 1) + 16 = 18

The Exchange

M Dwarf | Ki Mystic-Sensei 4 / Strangler 2 / Living Monolith 4 | Ki pool 7/12 | Advices 8/12 [Perception +21, Darkvision, Gem-Scent, Tombsight] | Init +3 | AC=24/32, HP=105, CMD=30/42)

K'Anubis is going to fall at Sevenfingers or at least nearby.

Though before landig hi's going to use really close-range slippers to throw a web as lasts seconds of illusion ticking.

Slippers of venomous webs. As a Standard action throw a web (Range Touch, 10 ft increment up to 50). If hits - Entangle. To free Escape Artist DC 16 or STR check 16. Other creature can help with STR check DC 12.

Range touch attack, Web throw: 1d20 + 8 + 3 ⇒ (16) + 8 + 3 = 27

Grand Lodge

male human swashbuckler(rondelero)/brawler 1, HP 93/93, F +7(+1 vs poison/disease), R +15, W +7, AC 28, T 20, FF 23 Init +7(+9), Per +13 Panache 6/6

i forgot to move my token yesterday...and dd the +1 to hit and damage from Kanubis..so could someone move me please? i'm on my phone atm...ty!

Grand Lodge

[Init +8, Per +17, Spd 40'] M Tengu Unchained Rogue (Swordmaster/Scout) 10th [HP 53/53, AC 26(30) |ff 18 |t 20, Fort +7, Ref +18, Will +7,] CMD 27

I placed me and Mykel's tokens on the map.

Grand Lodge

active effects:
Female half orc Cleric (separatist) 12 | AC 21 T 13 FF 19 | CMD 24 | HP 107/107| F +16 R +11 W +21 | Init +2 (4) | Perc +12 darkvision 60'

Nana lands (invisibly) on the crow's nest, whilst her menagerie board the Voracious.

Placed Kernuffle and her three elementals on deck. Although the elementals aren't going to 'touch down' as such.

Silver Crusade

Human Male | VA | Auckland, New Zealand | UTC+13 | PFS2 3-17 | PFS2 B21 | SFS 3-10 | SFS 4-12 | SFS 2-13

Mykel lands a crit. (-39). He discovers that the deck below his feet seems icky - as if it was cursed or something. Instead of striking back, he uses his move and his hasted move to move 10ft away and cast Crushing Despair on Mykel (DC 21 will save please)

The Ghoul Commander moves towards the Giant Ape and has a go at it with it's Greataxe
GA: 1d20 + 15 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 15 + 1 = 32 slashing: 1d12 + 7 ⇒ (1) + 7 = 8
GA: 1d20 + 10 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 10 + 1 = 17 slashing: 1d12 + 7 ⇒ (10) + 7 = 17

Kanubis throws a Web at Sevenfingers which entangles him.

Everyone else except Mykel are up.

The Exchange

M Dwarf | Ki Mystic-Sensei 4 / Strangler 2 / Living Monolith 4 | Ki pool 7/12 | Advices 8/12 [Perception +21, Darkvision, Gem-Scent, Tombsight] | Init +3 | AC=24/32, HP=105, CMD=30/42)

Landing on the more solid than air deck, K'Anubis feels some reliefe and power, once again becoming Living Monolith Enlarge, free action
Monk nods: -Either you be detained or go to Anubis. Or maybe you prefer
dive to feed fish? Pathfinders, destroy minions. I got dis.

Continue Advice - Free action +1 Attack and DMG to allies.

K'Anubis gently takes 2 of remaining fingers on a right enemy's palm:

Grapple Sevenfingers, CMB, Standart action: 1d20 + 27 ⇒ (18) + 27 = 45

K'Anubis smiles because Sevenfingers even more ugly than him. Something creaking in Sevenfingers shoulder as he can not more stay tall after proven leverage submission from the strangler.

Pin Sevenfingers, CMB, Move action: 1d20 + 27 + 4 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 27 + 4 + 5 = 42
Sneak damage, FF, bld: 2d6 + 1 ⇒ (4, 4) + 1 = 9

K'Anubis still has Ki Power to withstand assaults...
Swift Action +4 AC with KI. Total current AC=30. Current CMD ~48

Pinned:
A pinned creature is tightly bound and can take few actions. A pinned creature cannot move and is denied its Dexterity bonus. A pinned character also takes an additional –4 penalty to his Armor Class. A pinned creature is limited in the actions that it can take. A pinned creature can always attempt to free itself, usually through a combat maneuver check or Escape Artist check. A pinned creature can take verbal and mental actions, but cannot cast any spells that require a somatic or material component. A pinned character who attempts to cast a spell or use a spell-like ability must make a concentration check (DC 10 + grappler’s CMB + spell level) or lose the spell. Pinned is a more severe version of grappled, and their effects do not stack.

Grappled:
A grappled creature is restrained by a creature, trap, or effect. Grappled creatures cannot move and take a –4 penalty to Dexterity. A grappled creature takes a –2 penalty on all attack rolls and combat maneuver checks, except those made to grapple or escape a grapple. In addition, grappled creatures can take no action that requires two hands to perform. A grappled character who attempts to cast a spell or use a spell-like ability must make a concentration check (DC 10 + grappler’s CMB + spell level, see Concentration), or lose the spell. Grappled creatures cannot make attacks of opportunity.

A grappled creature cannot use Stealth to hide from the creature grappling it, even if a special ability, such as hide in plain sight, would normally allow it to do so. If a grappled creature becomes invisible, through a spell or other ability, it gains a +2 circumstance bonus on its CMD to avoid being grappled, but receives no other benefit.

Entangled:
The character is ensnared. Being entangled impedes movement, but does not entirely prevent it unless the bonds are anchored to an immobile object or tethered by an opposing force. An entangled creature moves at half speed, cannot run or charge, and takes a –2 penalty on all attack rolls and a –4 penalty to Dexterity. An entangled character who attempts to cast a spell must make a concentration check (DC 15 + spell level) or lose the spell.

Grand Lodge

[Init +8, Per +17, Spd 40'] M Tengu Unchained Rogue (Swordmaster/Scout) 10th [HP 53/53, AC 26(30) |ff 18 |t 20, Fort +7, Ref +18, Will +7,] CMD 27

As Kahwen lands, he drops his bow, since he won't be needing it any longer. He then goes through an intricate kata and when he finishes his posture is much more like a serpentine Imperial dragon.

Using my Swordmaster ability to go into Dragon Trance - +2 bonus on saving throws against sleep effects, paralysis effects, and stunning effects. Ignore difficult terrain charging, running, or withdrawing. Can charge through squares that contain allies.

Silver Crusade

Human Male | VA | Auckland, New Zealand | UTC+13 | PFS2 3-17 | PFS2 B21 | SFS 3-10 | SFS 4-12 | SFS 2-13

Sevenfingers takes damage (-9),

Grand Lodge

male human swashbuckler(rondelero)/brawler 1, HP 93/93, F +7(+1 vs poison/disease), R +15, W +7, AC 28, T 20, FF 23 Init +7(+9), Per +13 Panache 6/6

will: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (16) + 7 = 23rolling now in case it matters before my turn

Grand Lodge

active effects:
Female half orc Cleric (separatist) 12 | AC 21 T 13 FF 19 | CMD 24 | HP 107/107| F +16 R +11 W +21 | Init +2 (4) | Perc +12 darkvision 60'

Nana pops a scroll from her spring-loaded sheath and casts the spell that she's been saving for the encounter with Sevenfingers.

Swift action to draw the scroll. Standard to cast Blessing of Fervour. Move action to reactivate Copycat (1 mirror image) just in case anything pierces her invisibility.

Don't forget to choose your Blessing of Fervour bonuses at the start of your turns everyone!

I'll post the menagerie's actions in a little while.


active effects:
monstrous extremities, magic vestment, GMF, mass fly, blessing of fervour, bull's strength
Male Ape 9HD, animal companion; | AC 29 T 15 FF 23 | HP 59/67 | F +8 R +10 W +6| Init +4 | Perc +7 lowlight vision, scent

GM, did you move one of the elementals instead of the Nightdrinker? I've moved the elemnetal back (Green).

Kernuffle swipes at the ghoul commander as it comes within his reach...

AoO, GMF: 1d20 + 12 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 12 + 1 = 19damage: 1d6 + 7 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 7 + 1 = 14

Then, enhanced with Nana's magic, the ape-beast attacks in full force.

Taking +2 to hit and AC from Blessing.

claw 1, GMF, BoF, power: 1d20 + 12 + 1 + 2 - 2 ⇒ (6) + 12 + 1 + 2 - 2 = 19damage: 1d6 + 7 + 1 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 7 + 1 + 4 = 13
claw 1, GMF, BoF, power: 1d20 + 12 + 1 + 2 - 2 ⇒ (8) + 12 + 1 + 2 - 2 = 21damage: 1d6 + 7 + 1 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 7 + 1 + 4 = 17
bite, GMF, BoF, power: 1d20 + 12 + 1 + 2 - 2 ⇒ (7) + 12 + 1 + 2 - 2 = 20damage: 1d6 + 7 + 1 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 7 + 1 + 4 = 14
hoof 1, GMF, BoF, power: 1d20 + 10 + 1 + 2 - 2 ⇒ (19) + 10 + 1 + 2 - 2 = 30damage: 1d6 + 3 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 3 + 1 + 2 = 9
hoof 2, GMF, BoF, power: 1d20 + 10 + 1 + 2 - 2 ⇒ (15) + 10 + 1 + 2 - 2 = 26damage: 1d6 + 3 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 3 + 1 + 2 = 8

Attacks are Magic thanks to Greater Magic Fang.

Elementals' actions incoming.

Grand Lodge

active effects:
Female half orc Cleric (separatist) 12 | AC 21 T 13 FF 19 | CMD 24 | HP 107/107| F +16 R +11 W +21 | Init +2 (4) | Perc +12 darkvision 60'

Nana's elementals swoop in to attack, forming whirlwinds to batter and capture her enemies...

Each elemental makes a whirlwind attack. The target of the attack must make a DC16 Reflex save or take 1d6+6 damage; if it fails that save, the target must make a second DC16 Reflex save or become trapped in the whirlwind.

Green elemental moves over the Nightdrinker.

Red and Blue elementals move over the ghoul commander.

If any elemental succeeds in trapping its target in a whirlwind, it continues to move away from the ship to a distance of 100 feet (a single move) and plunges into the water - where it becomes a vortex and keeps hold its target.

If they fail to trap a target, they remain on deck with the Green elemental taking a position to enable a flank for Kahwen if possible.

Elemental status (taking +2s from BoF)
Green: AC21, 38hp, active until -18
Red: AC21, 38hp, active until -18
Blue: AC21, 38hp, active until -18

Silver Crusade

Human Male | VA | Auckland, New Zealand | UTC+13 | PFS2 3-17 | PFS2 B21 | SFS 3-10 | SFS 4-12 | SFS 2-13

Kenuffle v Ghoul Commander - miss, hit, miss, hit, hit for a total of 34 damage.
ref v red: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (20) + 9 = 29
ref v blue: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (14) + 9 = 23

Nightdrinker
ref v green: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (17) + 15 = 32

((waiting on Pai))

Grand Lodge

male human swashbuckler(rondelero)/brawler 1, HP 93/93, F +7(+1 vs poison/disease), R +15, W +7, AC 28, T 20, FF 23 Init +7(+9), Per +13 Panache 6/6

good..use up those high numbers now...save the low ones for combat...

Liberty's Edge

Female CG Gnome Kineticist 8 | HP 115/115 | NL dmg: 0 | AC 22+2*, T 16*, FF 17+2 | CMB +5, CMD 18 | Fort +16, Ref +13, Will +5* | Init +7 | Perception +14, Sense Motive +2 | Speed 20ft | Burn: 0/9 | Active conditions: Water Shroud (+2 AC); -2 on Wis, Int, Cha checks; Env. Air (20% miss chance), Calm Emotions

Blessing of Fervor: Gain a +2 bonus on attack rolls and a +2 dodge bonus to AC and Reflex saves.

Eyes wildly flicking back and forth between the threats on the deck, Pai hooks a leg around some rigging about 15' above the heads of her foes and, after dithering in panic for a moment, flings a blast of electricity at the ghoul commander. Because she definitely wants him dead and crispy. For an added bonus, she makes it extra loud.

Electric blast vs. Touch AC with Thundering Infusion: 1d20 + 14 + 6 ⇒ (13) + 14 + 6 = 334d6 + 4 + 6 ⇒ (6, 1, 6, 2) + 4 + 6 = 25
Includes Point Blank Shot, Precise Shot, Elemental Overflow, Blessing of Fervor, Infusion Specialization, and Advice

Ghoul Commander needs a DC 22 Fort save or be deafened due to Thundering Infusion.

Silver Crusade

Human Male | VA | Auckland, New Zealand | UTC+13 | PFS2 3-17 | PFS2 B21 | SFS 3-10 | SFS 4-12 | SFS 2-13

GC Fort: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (3) + 13 = 16

That was really loud. The Ghoul Commander takes a direct hit (-59)

Sevenfingers attempts to get out of the net
acrobatics: 1d20 + 21 - 4 ⇒ (12) + 21 - 4 = 29

Mykel is up.

The Exchange

M Dwarf | Ki Mystic-Sensei 4 / Strangler 2 / Living Monolith 4 | Ki pool 7/12 | Advices 8/12 [Perception +21, Darkvision, Gem-Scent, Tombsight] | Init +3 | AC=24/32, HP=105, CMD=30/42)

Getting out of web is not Acro, it is Escape Artist or Strength check

Silver Crusade

Human Male | VA | Auckland, New Zealand | UTC+13 | PFS2 3-17 | PFS2 B21 | SFS 3-10 | SFS 4-12 | SFS 2-13

In that case, with a STR of 28, and the roll above, Sevenfingers gets a 21

Grand Lodge

male human swashbuckler(rondelero)/brawler 1, HP 93/93, F +7(+1 vs poison/disease), R +15, W +7, AC 28, T 20, FF 23 Init +7(+9), Per +13 Panache 6/6

Mykel presses his attack against the night drinkiner. He lashes out in a blur of steel and cold wrought iron.

attack1: 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (14) + 17 = 311d8 + 8 + 8 ⇒ (8) + 8 + 8 = 24
attack2: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (17) + 12 = 291d8 + 8 + 8 ⇒ (2) + 8 + 8 = 18
BOF attack: 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (12) + 17 = 291d8 + 8 + 8 ⇒ (1) + 8 + 8 = 17

crit on #2[/dice: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (5) + 12 = 172d8 + 16 ⇒ (5, 8) + 16 = 29

if my attacks drop the ND, i'll switch targets to the other one..cold iron blade as well...

He then prepares to fend off any return strike.

p/r: 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (4) + 17 = 211d20 + 17 ⇒ (17) + 17 = 341d8 + 8 + 8 ⇒ (3) + 8 + 8 = 19

riposte crit?: 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (13) + 17 = 302d8 + 16 ⇒ (8, 5) + 16 = 29

Silver Crusade

Human Male | VA | Auckland, New Zealand | UTC+13 | PFS2 3-17 | PFS2 B21 | SFS 3-10 | SFS 4-12 | SFS 2-13

The bogeyman gets severely more damaged by Mykel (-88) but it is not down yet. With a snarl, Nightdrinker strikes back in desperation.
claw1: 1d20 + 13 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 13 + 1 = 19 slashing: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2
claw2: 1d20 + 13 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 13 + 1 = 30 slashing: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2

The Ghoul Commander lashes out at the Giant Ape.
GA: 1d20 + 15 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 15 + 1 = 19 slashing: 1d12 + 7 ⇒ (4) + 7 = 11
GA: 1d20 + 10 + 1 ⇒ (13) + 10 + 1 = 24 slashing: 1d12 + 7 ⇒ (4) + 7 = 11

Mykel's riposte, assuming he can, drops the bogeyman.

Everyone is up except for Mykel.

Grand Lodge

[Init +8, Per +17, Spd 40'] M Tengu Unchained Rogue (Swordmaster/Scout) 10th [HP 53/53, AC 26(30) |ff 18 |t 20, Fort +7, Ref +18, Will +7,] CMD 27

Kahwen leaves Seven Fingers to Mykel and Kanubis. He charges across the deck, practically slithering past the monolith. He leaps and twists the last few feet before slashing at the ghoul commander.

+1 keen shock elven curve blade charge: 1d20 + 15 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 15 + 2 = 20
Slashing plus SA: 1d10 + 13 + 5d6 ⇒ (10) + 13 + (2, 4, 5, 3, 6) = 43 plus Electricity: 1d6 ⇒ 1

I'm assuming that's a miss, but if it's not, I'll use the Disorienting Debilitating strike so he's -2 to attack rolls and -4 vs. Kahwen. I charged so my AC is 24.

Grand Lodge

male human swashbuckler(rondelero)/brawler 1, HP 93/93, F +7(+1 vs poison/disease), R +15, W +7, AC 28, T 20, FF 23 Init +7(+9), Per +13 Panache 6/6

sweet...with the two crits and downing the dude, that brings me to full panache...i can parry/riposte more attacks per round..i just usually roll one..i'll roll 2 more if Sevenfingers attacks me..just to expedite things...i have combat reflexes...and swapping weapons as well after dropping the guy..using my magic falcata for the new ripotses

p/r:

p/r1: 1d20 + 22 ⇒ (5) + 22 = 271d20 + 22 ⇒ (15) + 22 = 371d8 + 13 + 8 ⇒ (1) + 13 + 8 = 22
p/r2: 1d20 + 22 ⇒ (6) + 22 = 281d20 + 22 ⇒ (19) + 22 = 411d8 + 13 + 8 ⇒ (8) + 13 + 8 = 29
crit?: 1d20 + 22 ⇒ (8) + 22 = 302d8 + 26 ⇒ (5, 4) + 26 = 35

Grand Lodge

active effects:
Female half orc Cleric (separatist) 12 | AC 21 T 13 FF 19 | CMD 24 | HP 107/107| F +16 R +11 W +21 | Init +2 (4) | Perc +12 darkvision 60'

From her vantage point in the crow's nest, Nana sees the nightdrinker fall to Mykel's blade, and Sevenfingers held fast by Kanubis. She decides to help Kernuffle, boosting the ape-beast's strength with a spell.

Cast Bulls Strength, and fly close enough to Kernuffle to touch him. The spell is Extended for free by Blessing of Fervour.

Red and Blue elementals try again to capture the ghoul commander.

Each elemental makes a whirlwind attack. The target of the attack must make a DC16 Reflex save or take 1d6+6 damage; if it fails that save, the target must make a second DC16 Reflex save or become trapped in the whirlwind.

If any elemental succeeds in trapping its target in a whirlwind, it continues to move away from the ship to a distance of 100 feet (a single move) and plunges into the water - where it becomes a vortex and keeps hold its target.

I've left the elementals in a position assuming they fail to capture the ghoul. Their whirlwind ends at the end of their turn, so they are left in a flanking position.

Green elemental sees that Sevenfingers is captured, ends its whirlwind and batters the pirate captain.

green vs Sevenfingers, augmented: 1d20 + 9 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 9 + 2 = 14
green vs Sevenfingers, augmented, BoF attack: 1d20 + 9 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 9 + 2 = 15


active effects:
monstrous extremities, magic vestment, GMF, mass fly, blessing of fervour, bull's strength
Male Ape 9HD, animal companion; | AC 29 T 15 FF 23 | HP 59/67 | F +8 R +10 W +6| Init +4 | Perc +7 lowlight vision, scent

"Groaawwwlllll!!!!"

Kernuffle attacks the ghoul commander assuming an elemental hasn't carried it off.

claw 1, GMF, BoF, Bulls Strength, flank, power: 1d20 + 12 + 1 + 2 + 2 + 2 - 2 ⇒ (16) + 12 + 1 + 2 + 2 + 2 - 2 = 33damage: 1d6 + 7 + 2 + 1 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 7 + 2 + 1 + 4 = 19
claw 2, GMF, BoF, Bulls Strength, flank, power: 1d20 + 12 + 1 + 2 + 2 + 2 - 2 ⇒ (19) + 12 + 1 + 2 + 2 + 2 - 2 = 36damage: 1d6 + 7 + 2 + 1 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 7 + 2 + 1 + 4 = 18
bite, GMF, BoF, Bulls Strength, flank, power: 1d20 + 12 + 1 + 2 + 2 + 2 - 2 ⇒ (19) + 12 + 1 + 2 + 2 + 2 - 2 = 36damage: 1d6 + 7 + 2 + 1 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 7 + 2 + 1 + 4 = 19
hoof 1, GMF, BoF, Bulls Strength, flank, power: 1d20 + 10 + 1 + 2 + 2 + 2 - 2 ⇒ (3) + 10 + 1 + 2 + 2 + 2 - 2 = 18damage: 1d6 + 3 + 1 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 3 + 1 + 1 + 2 = 12
hoof2, GMF, BoF, Bulls Strength, flank, power: 1d20 + 10 + 1 + 2 + 2 + 2 - 2 ⇒ (1) + 10 + 1 + 2 + 2 + 2 - 2 = 16damage: 1d6 + 3 + 1 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 3 + 1 + 1 + 2 = 9

Magic damage

The Exchange

M Dwarf | Ki Mystic-Sensei 4 / Strangler 2 / Living Monolith 4 | Ki pool 7/12 | Advices 8/12 [Perception +21, Darkvision, Gem-Scent, Tombsight] | Init +3 | AC=24/32, HP=105, CMD=30/42)

Kanubis adjesents pressure on Sevenfingers shoulder so that he remains in unnatural pose and virtuosically uses pretty good silk rope to tie him up...

Continue Advice - Free action +1 Attack and DMG to allies.

Tie up Sevenfingers, CMB, Move action: 1d20 + 27 + 4 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 27 + 4 + 5 = 51

The monolith continues to hold him though, now moving off the ground
Move foe, CMB, Standard action: 1d20 + 27 + 4 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 27 + 4 + 5 = 42

-This one prepared to departure. - nods Kanubis. Hi's obviously pleased no one interferes and gurdes are taken down by other Pathfinders

Grand Lodge

active effects:
Female half orc Cleric (separatist) 12 | AC 21 T 13 FF 19 | CMD 24 | HP 107/107| F +16 R +11 W +21 | Init +2 (4) | Perc +12 darkvision 60'

"Oooh, don't forget to check his pockets! Pirates hides all sorts of booty about themselves!"

Silver Crusade

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Human Male | VA | Auckland, New Zealand | UTC+13 | PFS2 3-17 | PFS2 B21 | SFS 3-10 | SFS 4-12 | SFS 2-13

ref v red: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (4) + 9 = 13
ref v blue: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (3) + 9 = 12
1d6 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7
1d6 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9
ref v red: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (1) + 9 = 10
ref v blue: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (6) + 9 = 15

The Ghoul Commander is hurled off the ship. Kernuffle looks rather annoyed at this.

Anyone else who hasn't acted may do so. It looks like Sevenfingers isn't going anywhere.

Liberty's Edge

Female CG Gnome Kineticist 8 | HP 115/115 | NL dmg: 0 | AC 22+2*, T 16*, FF 17+2 | CMB +5, CMD 18 | Fort +16, Ref +13, Will +5* | Init +7 | Perception +14, Sense Motive +2 | Speed 20ft | Burn: 0/9 | Active conditions: Water Shroud (+2 AC); -2 on Wis, Int, Cha checks; Env. Air (20% miss chance), Calm Emotions

If the Ghoul Commander is still visible to Pai, even just a little bit:
Still screaming hysterically, Pai sends another blast of electricity at the creature that stalks her nightmares. She knows it won't drown, and it'll just walk along the bottom of the ocean until something eats it or it waltzes up on land somewhere. *shudder* "DieDieDieDieDieDieDieDieDieDieDieDieDieDie!"

If the Nightdrinker and Sevenfingers are the only viable targets:
Ohhhh, Pai's so grateful the ghoul commander's gone overboard. Granted, he won't drown or anything, so he'll just walk along the bottom of the ocean until something eats him or he comes up on land somewhere, but she plans to be far, far away before then. Still riding the terror-induced adrenaline rush, she aims her next electric blast at the Nightdrinker. "Aaaaaaaaaaaa!"

Either way, here's the attack roll:

Electric blast vs. Touch AC: 1d20 + 14 + 4 ⇒ (13) + 14 + 4 = 314d6 + 4 + 6 ⇒ (2, 3, 4, 2) + 4 + 6 = 21
Includes Advice, Elemental Overflow, Precise Shot, and Point Blank Shot (so subtract 1 from both the attack and damage if she's targeting the Ghoul Commander)

Silver Crusade

Human Male | VA | Auckland, New Zealand | UTC+13 | PFS2 3-17 | PFS2 B21 | SFS 3-10 | SFS 4-12 | SFS 2-13

The Ghoul Commander gets zapped just before it drops into the water (-95)

((Nightdrinker was the name of the bogeyman that Mykel just took out))

Sevenfingers is the only target left on board and he's all trussed up. Examining his coat you discover a collection of rubies and unsettling art objects from Leng worth a total of 2,000 gp in the pockets. Somehow the magical ring he was wearing has been rendered powerless.

There is a short pause before reality itself twists with a stomach turning wrench. Once it reasserts itself, you find that the ship, with you and Sevenfingers onboard, is now back on the storm-lashed seas about a mile away from the Gloomspires, within sight of the Grinning Pixie.

We are very close to the end folks

Grand Lodge

active effects:
Female half orc Cleric (separatist) 12 | AC 21 T 13 FF 19 | CMD 24 | HP 107/107| F +16 R +11 W +21 | Init +2 (4) | Perc +12 darkvision 60'

"Avast ye, shipmates! It's the Grinning Pixie! We is back! What does we want to do with Sevenfingers? Feed 'im to the sharks? Or takes 'im back with us?"

Nana calls down from the crow's nest.

"An' what was your naughty plan, Sevenfingers?"

Grand Lodge

[Init +8, Per +17, Spd 40'] M Tengu Unchained Rogue (Swordmaster/Scout) 10th [HP 53/53, AC 26(30) |ff 18 |t 20, Fort +7, Ref +18, Will +7,] CMD 27

Abruptly, they're back in the "Real World" and on the ocean. Kahwen sheaths his sword and rushes to help their ship link up with the Grinning Pixie.

Profession (Sailor): 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (8) + 9 = 17

"No shark wants to eat that rotting hunk of nastiness, Nana. Let's take him back to the VC's and they'll figure out what to do with him!" Kahwen voices his opinion.

The Exchange

M Dwarf | Ki Mystic-Sensei 4 / Strangler 2 / Living Monolith 4 | Ki pool 7/12 | Advices 8/12 [Perception +21, Darkvision, Gem-Scent, Tombsight] | Init +3 | AC=24/32, HP=105, CMD=30/42)

K'Anubis watch over Sevenfingers and makes sure he stay in a good but restricted condition. He is happy to return and scratches his bread with Pleasant. The Monolith smells and inspects gems they just found with interest and talks to Sevenfingers after things settled down a bit

So, cap? How are you doing? Thinking about retirement?

451 to 500 of 517 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / PFS1 10-17 On Sevenfingers's Sails All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.