GM Doug's Fury's Toll (Inactive)

Game Master Doug Hahn

Macros | Slides


1 to 50 of 162 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | next > last >>

SoT (Semester 1 Year 3): Tactical Map, Handouts, Macros ⠀Sundered Song: Map & Handouts, Macros ⠀Pallid Peril: Map & Handouts, Macros

When a group of Pathfinders sent to establish a presence at the Society's new lodge in Sedeq, Qadira, failed to report back, the Society sent a second group to investigate. When they arrived, they found the lodge in disrepair. A powerful genie confronted them, demanding that if they ever wanted to see the missing Pathfinders again, the Pathfinders must complete three tasks for the genie's cruel master!

With the tasks completed and the missing Pathfinders safe and sound, it is now time to prepare the lodge for a grand opening celebration. Important figures from all across Qadira have been invited to attend—including some potential allies—and the Society is counting on its agents to ensure the event goes off without a hitch. The Society's future in Qadira may depend on the success, or failure, of this event!

Unfortunately, the Society's hidden enemy is well aware of the celebration's importance. Outraged by the Society's success in reclaiming the lodge, he has once again laid a trap for the Pathfinders and their guests. One way or another, he intends to exact a terrible price.

Fury's Toll is part of the ongoing story of the Year of Shattered Sanctuaries. It is the second scenario in a two-part arc detailing the events befalling a Pathfinder Society lodge in the nation of Qadira. The first part of this arc is Pathfinder Society Scenario #3-08: Foundation's Price. Other arcs explore other locations across the Inner Sea. While the arcs can be played in any order, it is recommended that players experience the scenarios within each individual arc in order.


SoT (Semester 1 Year 3): Tactical Map, Handouts, Macros ⠀Sundered Song: Map & Handouts, Macros ⠀Pallid Peril: Map & Handouts, Macros

Since releasing the captive pathfinders from the genie Safa's prison, you have been helping the Society get the new Quadiran ready for its grand opening. Aristocrats, diplomats, merchants, and other important figures will come from across Qadira to celebrate. It's going to be a party — and the Society has entrusted you to oversee the whole operation! It turns out that Venture-Captain Esmayl ibn Qaradi cannot himself attend.

It's up to you to ensure the party goes off without a hitch. Luckily, you have some helpful instructions from the venture-captain.

The once-rundown lodge now shines. All the cobwebs have been destroyed; the books in the library are dusted; and the shrine to Sarenrae is reconsecrated. The floors are washed and waxed. The mold has been chiseled out of the wainscotting. The courtyard, once a barren mud-field, now sports spongy green turf; the tiered fountain's water glitters in the sunlight.

Map of the lodge on slide 1. Map of the region on slide 2. Letters for reference on slide 3.

You're finally done preparing There's nothing left to do. You turn to your fellow pathfinders to congratulate them on a job well done!

Let's do some intros. How you feeling about the new lodge here in Sedeq? How'd you help prepare?

Instructions from Venture-Captain Esmayl ibn Qaradi:

My friends,

I’m afraid there’s nothing for it. These negotiations are simply too time-sensitive for me to slip away to Sedeq for the week. I must leave the role of host at our new lodge’s grand opening in your capable hands. Don’t worry, all the arrangements have already been made. All you need to worry about is playing nice with the guests when they arrive. Tell some stories, work the crowd, make sure everybody has a good time, and most importantly, make a good impression. Remember, most of this crowd agreed to come so they could judge the mettle of the Pathfinder Society with their own eyes. The friends you win today could make all the difference for our future prospects here.

Good luck.

Venture-Captain Esmayl ibn Qaradi

P.S. — I’ve forwarded a request from Venture-Captain Fola Barun, leader of the Envoy’s Alliance, who wants you to make some new friends for the Society. Please do your best to fulfill her needs. To avoid making mistakes, be sure to mingle and learn what you can about our guests. Work first, then enjoy the party!

A Letter from Fola Barun:

Esmayl,

I hope this letter finds you well. For that matter, I hope it finds you at all; I know how easy it is to mislay things while running hither and yon the way you do.

I just wanted to remind you of the honored guests we discussed who were interested in the Lodge opening. We burned quite a few favors getting all of them to agree to an appearance, so let’s try to get our fair share of the bargain, yes? There’s three in particular who I believe are already inclined to favor us. They just need a little nudge to seal the deal: Kendesh al-Maren’s little sibling, Khayrat; the historian Casira bint Meji; and Sir Agdal Karga, head priest of the Shrine of the Cleansing Flame.

We need to dig our roots into the local culture as soon as possible, lest all the good will we’ve fostered dry up and get blown away. If you find the chance to make a good impression on those three during the party, take it!

Yours, Fola

Vigilant Seal

Ratfolk| HP 14/14 | AC: 18 | F: +5 R: +7, W: +6 | Perception: +4 (T, Low-Light) | Default Exploration: Avoid Notice (+7)

A battered looking upright ratfolk scratches behind an ear that is partly missing. A stained and tattered green cloak pulled back as he munches on some bits of dried meat left over from his meal as he walks the streets. He scratches again thinking to himself on how he is going to get rid of these fleas. Where he came from in time they didn't exist anymore outside of holofiles. But he is here now, with no way back and stuck with them. He sees a few familiar faces but two new ones already joining at the meeting spot as he slogs through the muddy road in displeasure. "Name's Scerzaq. You all receive a letter from..." He opens his note. "Esmayl ibn Qaradi as well?" He stops talking as the small Ysoki goes into a hacking cough into the side of his cloak. "First we fend off a genie and now we are party planners it seems." He shrugs, "Whatever I guess, as long as we get paid." Several swathes of cobwebs cling all over in his fur from the deep cleaning.

Status (w/ Level Bump):

HP 24/24
AC 18 (19 w/ Shield)
Spells (1)
Focus Points 1/1
Bend Time 1/1 (1/Day)
Hero Point 3/3

Magical Mentor (Spell DC's + 2 and extra spell is Hydraulic Push)
Skillful Mentor- All Skill DC's increased by 2
(Att / Dam / Saves / Perc / AC increased by 1)
HP increased by 10

Grand Archive

CN versatile human Ftr5 | HP: 0/56 | AC: 22 (23 w/buckler) | F: +9, R: +12, W: +8 | Perc: +8 [E] | Speed 25 Default exploration: Search (+8) | Hero Points: 1 | Conditions: Dying 3

Nodding in agreement is a tow-headed human, picking under their fingernails with the tip of an ornate blade but not producing a note of their own. Nice to be back here. And by "nice" I mean miserable.

Envoy's Alliance

LN Male (he/his) elfbane Hobgoblin Nomad Investigator 4 | HP 40/44 | AC 19| Fort +7; Ref +9; Will +8; +1 vs attacks from traps | Perc: +8 (+9 when using Pursue a Lead or to detect traps); darkvision | Speed 25ft| Hero Points 0/3 | Exploration Mode: Search | Active conditions:

”Duty before fun. ” agrees Haggra. ”That makes perfect sense. I can keep an eye on everyone at the party, running security as it were. These people here tend to be more than a bit treacherous, so we will need to be careful. ”

Horizon Hunters

CG Grig Sprite Druid of the Wild 4 | HP 46/46| AC 21 (+23 shield raised) | F: +9, R: +8, W: +11| Perc: +11 | Focus Points: 1 | Speed 20ft | Spell DC: 19| Active conditions: None

"Count me in! I've been excited about this since we rescued the agents."

Every morning, Mint paints his face with intimidating bands of color, mostly inspired by the foliage around him. Today it is painted like spongy green turf. His auburn hair is wavy, and his hide armor well maintained. On his back he carries a sharp guisarme between his wings.

Vigilant Seal

| M Dwarf Magus| hp 20/20 | | AC 15| Fort +7 Ref+4 Will +6 | Default Exploration: Detect magic: +5

"Clearly they sent the wrong dwarf along for this kind of thing. They promised me tombs and ancient structures when I joined the society! Bah. I will help in whatever way I am able, which is likely to be more harm than good. Just ask Mint and Scerzaq."


SoT (Semester 1 Year 3): Tactical Map, Handouts, Macros ⠀Sundered Song: Map & Handouts, Macros ⠀Pallid Peril: Map & Handouts, Macros

Everyone looks around. Wasn't Aurika here too? Maybe she is prestidigitating the chrysanthemums in the garden, or burning away cobwebs in the attic…

Radiant Oath

CG Female (she/her) Halfling Wizard 2 | Exploration: Avoid Notice
Stats:
AC 18 | Fortitude (+5), Reflex (+7), Will (+7) | Perception (+5) | Speed 25
♥️ 20/20 | ☘️ 1/3 | ☀️ 1/1 | ✋ empty | ⚕ Mage Armor | Wizard Spells (Arcane, +8, DC 18): Cantrips (6), 1st (2/4)

Aurika arrives late, but at this point the others are used to it. When they see a pair of street urchins with her, the reasons are confirmed.

Throughout the revitalization of the Lodge, the halfling woman has worked at gathering the local street youth in her employ, working with Melika to find the right sort of trustworthy youths. The destruction of the cobwebs? A seven year old named Jade did that. The books in the library are dusted because a poor allergic boy named Jafar took care of that. A pair of twins named Saena and Mahsheed had the tough job of washing and waxing the floors. And poor Barin, with his sensitve nose, took care of the mold in the wainscotting. Some of the Pathfinder may have disapproved of the use of child labour, but Aurika knew that the alternative for these street kids was much worse.

"No, I have no more candies," she says to the twins. "But come back later. I may have some work for you."

They both groan and mutter theatrically, causing Aurika to smile as she shoos them away. "Scram. I have business to attend to."

Turning her attention back to the assembled Pathfinders, she says, "Hello hello. All set for today folks?"


SoT (Semester 1 Year 3): Tactical Map, Handouts, Macros ⠀Sundered Song: Map & Handouts, Macros ⠀Pallid Peril: Map & Handouts, Macros

Finally, the day of the party has arrived! A crew of caterers and new Pathfinder recruits arrives to help out, allowing you to focus on the gusts. You're dressed in your Pathfinder finest and the weather is balmy. the guests started arriving a few hours ago, and all is going well.

Out in the courtyard laughter, music, and the chattering of dozens of curious voices waft through the wide-open doors. It feels like half of Sedeq has come to tour the sun-drenched, mudbrick chambers and gauge all that the Society has to offer their city.

The heart of both the building and the party is here in the central courtyard. Scores of visitors stand, sit, or lounge on benches as they enjoy the sunshine, the newly-planted gardens, good conversation, and delectable finger foods. Waiters weave between guests, topping off wine goblets, coffee cups, and pots of steaming tea, all to the tune of sweet music drifting from the balconies of the upper floors. To the west, a pair of wooden doors stands open, from which guests drift in and out of a dining room full of tables heavy with food. At the courtyard’s center, the three-tiered marble fountain babbles with fresh water.

The three people Fola's letter mentioned aren't here yet, but you can mingle with the crowd to try and learn more about them. And of course, who doesn't want to mingle!? It's a party!

☼☼☼

Each of you should choose one of these three options:

Mingle: Choose an NPC (Agdal Karga, Casira bint Meji, or Khayrat al-Maren) and make a DC 18 Diplomacy check to Gather Information, or a DC 18 Society check (or DC 16 relevant Lore check) to Recall Knowledge while talking to the guests. (Secret)
Perform: Choose an NPC (Agdal Karga, Casira bint Meji, or Khayrat al-Maren) and make a DC 18 Athletics check, Acrobatics check, or Performance check to Perform, then speaking to the appreciative (or unappreciative) guests about these notable personages.(Secret)
Observe: Make a DC 20 Perception check to Observe the crowd. (Secret)

As always you can sell me on somethingn as well. All of these are secret checks. Let me know what you're doing and add a little spice to your check, if you are so motivated!

Vigilant Seal

Ratfolk| HP 14/14 | AC: 18 | F: +5 R: +7, W: +6 | Perception: +4 (T, Low-Light) | Default Exploration: Avoid Notice (+7)

Scerzaq spends a the first few moments as the guests begin to arrive and watches the crowd one by one as he wasn't exactly sure who everyone is.

Perception +6

Horizon Hunters

CG Grig Sprite Druid of the Wild 4 | HP 46/46| AC 21 (+23 shield raised) | F: +9, R: +8, W: +11| Perc: +11 | Focus Points: 1 | Speed 20ft | Spell DC: 19| Active conditions: None

Mint approaches Khayrat al-Maren.

"Watch this," he says, attempting to pick up an end table and press it above his head!

Athletics +10

Envoy's Alliance

LN Male (he/his) elfbane Hobgoblin Nomad Investigator 4 | HP 40/44 | AC 19| Fort +7; Ref +9; Will +8; +1 vs attacks from traps | Perc: +8 (+9 when using Pursue a Lead or to detect traps); darkvision | Speed 25ft| Hero Points 0/3 | Exploration Mode: Search | Active conditions:

Haggra spends a minute studying the courtyard before the guests arrive. Pursue a lead?

Once they arrive, he does t say much, but wanders around, observing, eyes always moving, saying little. He follows a set plan, around the fountain and between the tables. A steaming cup of coffee is always in his hand, and he takes a sip from it at regimented intervals.

Perception +8 or 9

Radiant Oath

CG Female (she/her) Halfling Wizard 2 | Exploration: Avoid Notice
Stats:
AC 18 | Fortitude (+5), Reflex (+7), Will (+7) | Perception (+5) | Speed 25
♥️ 20/20 | ☘️ 1/3 | ☀️ 1/1 | ✋ empty | ⚕ Mage Armor | Wizard Spells (Arcane, +8, DC 18): Cantrips (6), 1st (2/4)

Aurika weaves her way through the crowd, mingling with ease. She may be a low born halfling, but she's always understood the press of people in smaller spaces.

She recalls a few things...
Mingle - Society to Recall Knowledge. Modifier is +8


SoT (Semester 1 Year 3): Tactical Map, Handouts, Macros ⠀Sundered Song: Map & Handouts, Macros ⠀Pallid Peril: Map & Handouts, Macros

GM Screen:

Scerzaq and Haggra
Scerzaq and Haggra see an angry-looking aristocrat in the crowd; spindly brown antlers sprout from his head. He's there one moment, and gone the next.

They confer over this strange person. Haggra believes the man is a skelm, a humanoid creature filled with supernatural self-entitlement, rage, bitterness, and other awful qualities. However Scerzaq disagrees. It's just a strange old hat that someone from this backwards time thinks is fashionable.

☼☼☼

Mint
Hup hup! Mint tries to press the old table, but it's made of a very dense wood that's far heavier than he thought. He only manages a half-press. The guests applaud politely, but then wander off without talking to him.

Remember, Mint: the notable guests are not hear yet. You're trying to gather intelligence ahead of time.

☼☼☼

Aurika
Aurika watches a Melika pilfers a scone from the table. Somehow she's comfortable with the haut mode, teasing out snippets about 1d3 ⇒ 3 Khayrat al-Maren. He's the younger sibling of the Peerless Kendesh al-Maren and a popular attaché of the Imperial Court. He's “bearing his shoulders today,” which is a tasteful way of saying that the genderfluid sylph will be presenting as a man at this party.

☼☼☼

Dramar and Flamel are up!

Vigilant Seal

| M Dwarf Magus| hp 20/20 | | AC 15| Fort +7 Ref+4 Will +6 | Default Exploration: Detect magic: +5

Dramar walks up to Casira bint Meji and says "Some party, huh? Maybe I can liven things up a bit." HE then attempts to lift the table without spilling anything.

Athletics +7


SoT (Semester 1 Year 3): Tactical Map, Handouts, Macros ⠀Sundered Song: Map & Handouts, Macros ⠀Pallid Peril: Map & Handouts, Macros

GM Screen:
Dramar's Athletics (T): 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (15) + 9 = 24
Flamel's Acrobatics (E): 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (6) + 12 = 18

Dramar does some digging on Casira bint Meji Remember: these NPCs are not there yet. You are researching them.

He lifts the table up… up… and not a drop of wine spills! Afterward, guests congratulate him on his feat of strength, and he learns that Casira bint Meji is the curator of the Southern Qadiran History Museum and a renowned scholar, having penned four popular tomes on local history. Her contacts in the academic community would make her an invaluable resource for the Society’s historical excavation projects.

☼☼☼

Flamel-bot dances along the top tier of the fountain doing an acrobatic trick, and learns that Agdal Karga is the head priest of Sedeq’s largest Sarenite church, the Shrine of the Cleansing Flame. He’s a long-time correspondent and political ally of Shahiyan Deena al-Parishat and often invokes her name in fiery polemics against the city’s infamous genie-binding trade.


SoT (Semester 1 Year 3): Tactical Map, Handouts, Macros ⠀Sundered Song: Map & Handouts, Macros ⠀Pallid Peril: Map & Handouts, Macros

You gather together and share your findings. You've learned a bit about each notable personage, who should be arriving at the party soon. The only contradictory bit of information comes from Scerzaq and Haggra. Haggra, this could be a lead assuming you believe you are correct.

Suddenly, a delighted gasp rings from the center of the courtyard and the guests crowd around the fountain. A sweet, fruity scent floods the air as the fountain’s waters shift from clear to a red-purple hue.

A round of appreciative applause follows, with a few guests voicing their praise of the magical surprise. Someone dips their goblet into the stream and takes a sip, then dissolves into sputtering laughter—the drink isn’t wine, as they’d all assumed, but non-alcoholic grape juice. “And a lovely vintage, too!” That declaration spreads the laughter to the surrounding guests and several more dip goblets.

CRACK!

A resounding noise shatters the merriment. Despite the sheer weight of the marble pieces, the fountain’s tiers separate and begins spinning at high speed like atop! The guests go from laughing to shrieking as they scatter, splattered with juice that has no doubt ruined their fine clothes. More and more of the sweet liquid spews from the fountain while its tiers spin faster and faster, flinging grape juice in all directions! Curses, weeping, and howls fill the courtyard: "What is the meaning this, Pathfinders!? Whyyyyyy!?" and "My finest white gown — RUINED!"

The fountain rotates faster and faster, endlessly full of clothes-staining juice!

Art on slide 1

You have to stop this insane fountain before it totally ruins the party! You will have to disable all three tiers separately. To so so someone will have to grapple it 1 action; DC 20 then make a crafting or thievery check to stop up the plug spraying juice 2 actions; DC 18.

Init:

We'll roll Perception for init since this is a social gathering.
Scerzaq's Perception (T): 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (11) + 6 = 17
Aurika's Perception (T): 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7
Dramar's Perception (T): 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (19) + 5 = 24
Haggra's Perception (E): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (1) + 8 = 9 +10 (+4 if crit success) to Perception DC vs. Lies when using Pointed Question, +9 when using Pursue a Lead, +9 to detect traps); darkvision
Mint's Perception (E): 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (2) + 10 = 12
Flamel's Perception (E): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (9) + 8 = 17

Juice Fountain: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (3) + 10 = 13

☼☼☼
Juicero! Round 1

Disable the Fountain: It has 3 tiers that must be disabled. To disable a tier: Grapple DC 20 Athletics (1-action), then DC 18 Crafting or Thievery (2 actions). Some tiers may take multiple successes.

──────────
BOLD IS UP!:
──────────
➤ Dramar (30/30 HP)
➤ Scerzaq (24/24 HP)
➤ Flamel (56/56 HP)
Juicero (-0 HP) │ 3 Tiers active
Mint (39/39 HP)
Haggra (44/44 HP)
Aurika (20/20 HP)

Grand Archive

CN versatile human Ftr5 | HP: 0/56 | AC: 22 (23 w/buckler) | F: +9, R: +12, W: +8 | Perc: +8 [E] | Speed 25 Default exploration: Search (+8) | Hero Points: 1 | Conditions: Dying 3

Flamel appears completely nonplussed by the spraying liquid. I've seen worse in Galt, they mutter underneath their breath while moving to the fountain and trying to grab the top tier.

DC 20 Athletics: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (6) + 8 = 14
DC 20 Athletics: 1d20 + 8 - 5 ⇒ (6) + 8 - 5 = 9

Slippery hands.

Stride, Athletics check to Grapple x2.


SoT (Semester 1 Year 3): Tactical Map, Handouts, Macros ⠀Sundered Song: Map & Handouts, Macros ⠀Pallid Peril: Map & Handouts, Macros

Flamel's fingers slip through the juice!

Dramar and Scerzaq are up

Gming tonight. will bot both PCs then if needed.

Vigilant Seal

Ratfolk| HP 14/14 | AC: 18 | F: +5 R: +7, W: +6 | Perception: +4 (T, Low-Light) | Default Exploration: Avoid Notice (+7)

Scerzaq's eyes go wide as the fountain begins to go wild. "Drift it, this isn't good." He runs to the lower tier as he tries to get ahold of it.

Athletics DC 20; Skillful Mentor: 1d20 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 5 + 2 = 21

Scerzaq manages to get ahold for a second but instead begins to get spun around and around by the fountain as he gets pretty dizzy.

Status (w/ Level Bump):

HP 24/24
AC 18 (19 w/ Shield)
Spells (1)
Focus Points 1/1
Bend Time 1/1 (1/Day)
Hero Point 3/3

Magical Mentor (Spell DC's + 2 and extra spell is Hydraulic Push)
Skillful Mentor- All Skill DC's increased by 2
(Att / Dam / Saves / Perc / AC increased by 1)
HP increased by 10

Dark Archive

Dramar moves in and tries to disable the tier Scerzaq' is holding, but it's too slippery!

Dramar's Crafting (T): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (7) + 7 = 14


SoT (Semester 1 Year 3): Tactical Map, Handouts, Macros ⠀Sundered Song: Map & Handouts, Macros ⠀Pallid Peril: Map & Handouts, Macros

The Juicero spins faster, whinging fleas off Scerzaq as the puddle of juice spreads out! The ground gets slippery, and guests scream as they are covered in more and more clothes-ruining juice. The party is turning into a juice massacre!

The fountain's tiers also start to bounce up and down… now, if you try to grapple it you will need to make a fort save to avoid getting your fingers crushed!

DC 18 Fort save BEFORE you attermp a Grapple check:
Critical Success The creature takes no damage and gains a +2 circumstance bonus to its next check to Grapple the fountain.
Success The creature takes no damage.
Failure The creature takes 1d10+6 bludgeoning damage and takes a –2 circumstance penalty to its next check to Grapple the fountain.
Critical Failure The creature takes 2d10+6 bludgeoning damage and is flung 10 feet away from the fountain in a random direction, preventing its attempt to Grapple the fountain. The ground is difficult terrain from all the juice.

☼☼☼
Juicero! Round 1-2

Party Conditions: To disable a tier: Grapple DC 20 Athletics (1-action), then DC 18 Crafting or Theivery (2 actions)

──────────
BOLD IS UP!:
──────────
➤ Dramar (30/30 HP)
➤ Scerzaq (24/24 HP)
➤ Flamel (56/56 HP)
Juicero (-0 HP) │ 3 Tiers active, Reactions Available
➤ Mint (39/39 HP)
➤ Haggra (44/44 HP)
➤ Aurika (20/20 HP)

Radiant Oath

CG Female (she/her) Halfling Wizard 2 | Exploration: Avoid Notice
Stats:
AC 18 | Fortitude (+5), Reflex (+7), Will (+7) | Perception (+5) | Speed 25
♥️ 20/20 | ☘️ 1/3 | ☀️ 1/1 | ✋ empty | ⚕ Mage Armor | Wizard Spells (Arcane, +8, DC 18): Cantrips (6), 1st (2/4)

Unconcerned about stains, Aurika rushes in to help Scerzaq!
Crafting: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (7) + 8 = 15
Crafting (Halfling Luck): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (11) + 8 = 19

Envoy's Alliance

LN Male (he/his) elfbane Hobgoblin Nomad Investigator 4 | HP 40/44 | AC 19| Fort +7; Ref +9; Will +8; +1 vs attacks from traps | Perc: +8 (+9 when using Pursue a Lead or to detect traps); darkvision | Speed 25ft| Hero Points 0/3 | Exploration Mode: Search | Active conditions:

Haggra calmly moves in and attempts to disable the tier that Scerzaq is holding.

Crafting: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (17) + 10 = 27

If this tier is done, I will probably have to do something else


SoT (Semester 1 Year 3): Tactical Map, Handouts, Macros ⠀Sundered Song: Map & Handouts, Macros ⠀Pallid Peril: Map & Handouts, Macros

Aurika disables the lowest tier with some handling luck!

The other two spin and spin, flinging dark juice everywhere.

Haggra, you can bank that roll if someone else can grapple a tier.

☼☼☼
Juicero! Round 1-2

Party Conditions: To disable a tier: Grapple DC 20 Athletics (1-action), then DC 18 Crafting or Theivery (2 actions)

──────────
BOLD IS UP!:
──────────
➤ Dramar (30/30 HP)
➤ Scerzaq (24/24 HP)
➤ Flamel (56/56 HP)
Juicero (-0 HP) │ 2 Tiers active, Reactions Available
➤ Mint (39/39 HP)
Haggra (44/44 HP) │ Delayed with disable check
Aurika (20/20 HP)

Vigilant Seal

| M Dwarf Magus| hp 20/20 | | AC 15| Fort +7 Ref+4 Will +6 | Default Exploration: Detect magic: +5

Dramar tries another crafting check.

crafting: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (3) + 7 = 10

Vigilant Seal

Ratfolk| HP 14/14 | AC: 18 | F: +5 R: +7, W: +6 | Perception: +4 (T, Low-Light) | Default Exploration: Avoid Notice (+7)

With one tier stopped Scerzaq reaches a shaking hand up to the neck spinning tier.

Fort DC 18; Level Bump: 1d20 + 5 + 1 ⇒ (13) + 5 + 1 = 19
Athletics DC 20; Skillful Mentor: 1d20 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 5 + 2 = 20

Scerzaq grabs ahold of the bobbing tier and is shaken not stirred this time. His teeth rattle in his jaw as he calls out. "N..n..now Hag..haggra!"

Status (w/ Level Bump):

HP 24/24
AC 18 (19 w/ Shield)
Spells (1)
Focus Points 1/1
Bend Time 1/1 (1/Day)
Hero Point 3/3
Magical Mentor (Spell DC's + 2 and extra spell is Hydraulic Push)
Skillful Mentor- All Skill DC's increased by 2
(Att / Dam / Saves / Perc / AC increased by 1)
HP increased by 10

Grand Archive

CN versatile human Ftr5 | HP: 0/56 | AC: 22 (23 w/buckler) | F: +9, R: +12, W: +8 | Perc: +8 [E] | Speed 25 Default exploration: Search (+8) | Hero Points: 1 | Conditions: Dying 3

Flamel tries to lend a hand again.

DC 20 Athletics to Grapple: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (19) + 8 = 27

Do your thing, Flamel says to Haggra. Not gonna be able to hold this thing all day...


SoT (Semester 1 Year 3): Tactical Map, Handouts, Macros ⠀Sundered Song: Map & Handouts, Macros ⠀Pallid Peril: Map & Handouts, Macros

Scerzaq grapples the second tier, and his fingers avoid the damage as the marble smashes down just before Haggra disables it!

Flamel's Fortitude (E): 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (16) + 9 = 25

Flamel also avoids the trap's reaction, saving their fingers. The last tier is grappled…

Mint is up!

Horizon Hunters

CG Grig Sprite Druid of the Wild 4 | HP 46/46| AC 21 (+23 shield raised) | F: +9, R: +8, W: +11| Perc: +11 | Focus Points: 1 | Speed 20ft | Spell DC: 19| Active conditions: None

Grapple: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (19) + 10 = 29

"Hup, hup!"

Mint jumps on and grapples the fountain too.

"I got it!"


SoT (Semester 1 Year 3): Tactical Map, Handouts, Macros ⠀Sundered Song: Map & Handouts, Macros ⠀Pallid Peril: Map & Handouts, Macros

The fountain is double grappled now!

Unfortunately, this means it has more time to spin, whirling around the small ratfolk and tiny grig!

More guests scream as the fountain ruins more and more clothes.

☼☼☼
Juicero! Round 2-3

Party Conditions: To disable a tier: Grapple DC 20 Athletics (1-action), then DC 18 Crafting or Theivery (2 actions)

──────────
BOLD IS UP!:
──────────
➤ Dramar (30/30 HP)
➤ Scerzaq (24/24 HP)
➤ Flamel (56/56 HP)
Juicero (-0 HP) │ 1 Tier active, Reaction Available
➤ Mint (39/39 HP)
➤ Haggra (44/44 HP)
➤ Aurika (20/20 HP)

Vigilant Seal

| M Dwarf Magus| hp 20/20 | | AC 15| Fort +7 Ref+4 Will +6 | Default Exploration: Detect magic: +5

Dramr will try another Grapple check to start:

Grapple: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (20) + 7 = 27

Then crafting
crafting: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (16) + 7 = 23


SoT (Semester 1 Year 3): Tactical Map, Handouts, Macros ⠀Sundered Song: Map & Handouts, Macros ⠀Pallid Peril: Map & Handouts, Macros

Dramar puts the Juicero to rest! The fountain grinds to a halt, dribbling red juice on the ground.

However, the juicero has wrought destruction. Guests still howl and curse — as this was a grand and fancy event, many wore their finest clothing:

A woman weeps. "My great-great-great-great grandmother's white silk djellaba — ruined! We kept it pristine as the untrammeled salt flats for generations!"

A man kicks his feet in the air. "My finest yellow balgha slippers are stained as if I were a slaughterhouse butcher! Why have you done this, Pathfinders!?"

A merchant wrings out his cloak. Witness the tragedy of my burnous — I demand restitution for your malicious negligence, Pathfinder! This garment was woven from the finest wool by a world-famous anadi artisan!

My fez is juiced! laments a noble as he pours red liquid into the grass.

And so on. The complaints mount and mount.

☼☼☼

You must all work to calm the guests.

You can use a DC 17 Crafting, Diplomacy, Deception, or Performance check to work together to defuse the situation by calming guests, fixing ruined clothes, and otherwise cheering people up. I welcome magic, alchemy, and creative solutions which can get you a +2 circumstance bonus on your check. This is a challenge where you need more than half the group to succeed.

Grand Archive

CN versatile human Ftr5 | HP: 0/56 | AC: 22 (23 w/buckler) | F: +9, R: +12, W: +8 | Perc: +8 [E] | Speed 25 Default exploration: Search (+8) | Hero Points: 1 | Conditions: Dying 3
GM Doug H wrote:
A man kicks his feet in the air. "My finest yellow balgha slippers are stained as if I were a slaughterhouse butcher! Why have you done this, Pathfinders!?"

DC 17 Diplomacy: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (15) + 8 = 23

Surely you cannot think the Pathfinders responsible when it is clear that we, too, have stained clothing, Flamel says gently, showing the red stains on their own garments and boots. You are far wiser than to draw such a far-fetched conclusion with the evidence before you.


SoT (Semester 1 Year 3): Tactical Map, Handouts, Macros ⠀Sundered Song: Map & Handouts, Macros ⠀Pallid Peril: Map & Handouts, Macros

Hrmph. The edam cheese is excellent. This "juicero" of yours was either a freak occurrence or you Pathifinders wish to lull us into a false sense of security before pulling your cruel pranks. I withold judgement… for now. He makes his way to the cheese table.

However, other guests continue their grumbling…

One success!

Vigilant Seal

Ratfolk| HP 14/14 | AC: 18 | F: +5 R: +7, W: +6 | Perception: +4 (T, Low-Light) | Default Exploration: Avoid Notice (+7)

Scerzaq finds the entire situation quite comical, but he is smart enough to stifle back a bit of laughter. Knowing that a serious situation can always be lightened with a bit of laughter he goes for one of the most surefire methods and tries to drown what fleas remain.

As he climbs down from the second tier of the fountain he almost seems to run i place in a large puddle of the liquid on the ground as he slips in place before finally falling on his side. "Why would we do something as silly as waste magic on a fountain?"

Performance; Skillful Mentor DC 17: 1d20 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 3 + 2 = 24

Envoy's Alliance

1 person marked this as a favorite.
LN Male (he/his) elfbane Hobgoblin Nomad Investigator 4 | HP 40/44 | AC 19| Fort +7; Ref +9; Will +8; +1 vs attacks from traps | Perc: +8 (+9 when using Pursue a Lead or to detect traps); darkvision | Speed 25ft| Hero Points 0/3 | Exploration Mode: Search | Active conditions:

Haggra quietly helps folks cleanup.
Crafting: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (15) + 10 = 25

” Well, maybe that stain won’t ever come out, but here, let’s just work with it, that could be the start of a lovely design!”

Horizon Hunters

CG Grig Sprite Druid of the Wild 4 | HP 46/46| AC 21 (+23 shield raised) | F: +9, R: +8, W: +11| Perc: +11 | Focus Points: 1 | Speed 20ft | Spell DC: 19| Active conditions: None

Mint hops onto a table an orders everyone to calm down!

"Hey! Pull yourselves together!"

Intimidate: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6

Hero Point!

Intimidate: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (14) + 5 = 19

Radiant Oath

CG Female (she/her) Halfling Wizard 2 | Exploration: Avoid Notice
Stats:
AC 18 | Fortitude (+5), Reflex (+7), Will (+7) | Perception (+5) | Speed 25
♥️ 20/20 | ☘️ 1/3 | ☀️ 1/1 | ✋ empty | ⚕ Mage Armor | Wizard Spells (Arcane, +8, DC 18): Cantrips (6), 1st (2/4)

Aurika weaves a simple cantrip that allows her to easily clean some of the mess. She seeks out anyone with 'ruined' clothing and puts the magic to use. "Don't worry, folks. Just a minor mishap, and easy to sort out."
Diplomacy: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (16) + 5 = 21 +2 if the magic helps


2 people marked this as a favorite.
SoT (Semester 1 Year 3): Tactical Map, Handouts, Macros ⠀Sundered Song: Map & Handouts, Macros ⠀Pallid Peril: Map & Handouts, Macros

Sceeeer-zaaaaq… Aaaaauuu-riiika… Draaa-maaaar… Haaa-ggraaa… Miiint… Flaaa-meeel…

A voice whispers your names from near the fountain. There's a face peering from a puddle of juice — a familiar face. The genie Safa! Art on Slide 2

“Goodness gracious, Pathfinders,” they coo with exaggerated, feigned innocence. “It looks like I, the clever Safa, have been sent to spoil your precious little party! If only there were some brave, competent Pathfinder agents around to foil my meddlesome pranks. Oh, well. One down, four to go!”

The face, which seems to be a reflection in the liquid, behind to fade… “The man who holds my seal came to watch your struggles in person. His fury towards you may even overpower his cowardice — especially if you foil his pranks. Watch your back… and take this.”

Their face fades. On the rim of the fountain sit ten Lesser Healing potions with labels that say "Juicero Grape Flavor."


SoT (Semester 1 Year 3): Tactical Map, Handouts, Macros ⠀Sundered Song: Map & Handouts, Macros ⠀Pallid Peril: Map & Handouts, Macros

The guests move into the other rooms o the lodge, spreading out to tour the lodge and experience what it has to offer. A few dozen more come in, and you suspect your notable personages (listed on Slide 5) are among them.

Guests spread and mingle; for now, the other Pathfinders and caterers are taking care of things, leaving you time to "problem solve."

There are four more genie tricks set throughout the lodge… but where? Where will you begin looking? Areas labeled on the map; you can go to whichever you like first.

Grand Archive

CN versatile human Ftr5 | HP: 0/56 | AC: 22 (23 w/buckler) | F: +9, R: +12, W: +8 | Perc: +8 [E] | Speed 25 Default exploration: Search (+8) | Hero Points: 1 | Conditions: Dying 3

Flamel stares at the fountain for some time after the image of Safa fades.

When at least they come back around, it is with a look of steely determination. If I were gonna try and wreck a party, I'd start with the food. Shall we set into the kitchen and see what's to be seen?

Vigilant Seal

Ratfolk| HP 14/14 | AC: 18 | F: +5 R: +7, W: +6 | Perception: +4 (T, Low-Light) | Default Exploration: Avoid Notice (+7)

Scerzaq grabs a couple of the heling droughts. "Kitchen sounds as good as any." He agrees. "Let's catch this genie binder."

Horizon Hunters

CG Grig Sprite Druid of the Wild 4 | HP 46/46| AC 21 (+23 shield raised) | F: +9, R: +8, W: +11| Perc: +11 | Focus Points: 1 | Speed 20ft | Spell DC: 19| Active conditions: None

"Protect the food! Hup hup!" Mint cheerfully follows to the kitchen.

Vigilant Seal

| M Dwarf Magus| hp 20/20 | | AC 15| Fort +7 Ref+4 Will +6 | Default Exploration: Detect magic: +5

"I thought the pharos had laid some crazy traps. I ever though Qadiran's could be so.... crafty."


SoT (Semester 1 Year 3): Tactical Map, Handouts, Macros ⠀Sundered Song: Map & Handouts, Macros ⠀Pallid Peril: Map & Handouts, Macros

GM screen:
Scerzaq's Initiative Using Avoid Notice: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (3) + 9 = 12
Aurika's Initiative Using Avoid Notice: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (16) + 7 = 23
Dramar's Initiative Using Detect Magic: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (17) + 6 = 23
Haggra's Initiative Using Search: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (10) + 8 = 18
Mint's Initiative: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (3) + 10 = 13
Flamel's Initiative Using Search: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (9) + 8 = 17

Roast: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (7) + 7 = 14
Pot 1: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (9) + 6 = 15
Pot 2: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (12) + 6 = 18

You open the doors to the kitchen. The mouth-watering scent of cooking spices fills the air.

A whole roast goat that had been once been cooking steadily over a low fire has leapt from its position, thrashing about as though alive once more. The cook, a dwarf with thick silver hair, lies sprawled on the floor beside it, winded from a kick to the chest.

“It’s making a break for it!” she bellows, pointing at the goat and then pointing at the open doors behind you. "Close the doors! Don’t let it get away!”

Two huge pots medium sized clatter to life!

The double doors behind you are open. Interact to close each of them. Weapons are not drawn.

☼☼☼
Rampaging Roast! Round 1

Party Conditions: Weapons are not drawn. Double doors behind you are open.

──────────
BOLD IS UP!:
──────────
➤ Dramar (30/30 HP)
➤ Aurika (20/20 HP)
➤ Haggra (44/44 HP)
Pot 2 (-0 HP)
Flamel (56/56 HP)
Pot 1 (-0 HP)
Roast (-0 HP)
Mint (39/39 HP)
Scerzaq (24/24 HP)

Envoy's Alliance

LN Male (he/his) elfbane Hobgoblin Nomad Investigator 4 | HP 40/44 | AC 19| Fort +7; Ref +9; Will +8; +1 vs attacks from traps | Perc: +8 (+9 when using Pursue a Lead or to detect traps); darkvision | Speed 25ft| Hero Points 0/3 | Exploration Mode: Search | Active conditions:

Immediately, Haggra closes the doors behind him (2 actions). He then draws his spiked chain, ready to fight, if needed. "Doors are closed, as ordered!"


SoT (Semester 1 Year 3): Tactical Map, Handouts, Macros ⠀Sundered Song: Map & Handouts, Macros ⠀Pallid Peril: Map & Handouts, Macros

Haggra shuts the doors! The chef looks grateful. Don't let dinner run amok among the guests!

Dramar and Aurika are up!

Radiant Oath

CG Female (she/her) Halfling Wizard 2 | Exploration: Avoid Notice
Stats:
AC 18 | Fortitude (+5), Reflex (+7), Will (+7) | Perception (+5) | Speed 25
♥️ 20/20 | ☘️ 1/3 | ☀️ 1/1 | ✋ empty | ⚕ Mage Armor | Wizard Spells (Arcane, +8, DC 18): Cantrips (6), 1st (2/4)

Action 1: Recall Knowledge
Action 2-3: Electric Arc

Aurika takes a moment to study the pots, hoping to understand what is going on.
Recall Knowledge? Arcana, Crafting, and Society are +8

Regardless, she throws magic at the two pots. "Electric Arc!"
Electric Arc, DC 18 Reflex: 1d4 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8

1 to 50 of 162 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Doug's Fury's Toll All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.