Jade Regent, the Unexpected Journey

Game Master GM Wulfson

Campaign Resources

In Game Date: Toilday, 28 Erastus


451 to 500 of 1,145 << first < prev | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | next > last >>

Male Human (Tian-Shu) HP 22/22|AC 15/14/12|F +5 R+5 W+3| Int +2|Perc +8

"It seems like a good idea, but we better be quick before reinforcements arrive. I think those would be found within the castle itself."


Female Cleric/3 | HP 24/24| AC 20/12/18 |Saves 4/3/6 | Init +2 | Perc +4

"Agreed. Let's move out quietly..."


Active spells:
Barkskin (30 mins)
Female Half-Elf Druid 3 (Wolf shaman) HP 29/29 |Current: AC 17 AC/T/FF 15/12/13 | F +6 R +3 W +6 (+8) Totem Transformation 0/3 Low light vision 60ft, CMD 15: Perception +8, Init +2

With a silent nod, Lyraesel begins to move, heading back up to begin their scouting of the perimeter of the walls.


Climbing back up Lyraesal peeks out from the hatch, currently no enemies are nearby. As she climbs up and looks around the walls she doesn’t see any other creatures patrolling at the moment.


Skills:
Acrobatics +5, Disable Device +10, Dungeoneering +6, Geography +6, Local +4, Linguistics +3, Perception +13, Stealth +5, Survival +8 (+1 to Track), Swim +5
Male Human Slayer 3; Init +4; 35/35 HP; AC 18, T 12, FF 16; Fort +5, Ref +5, Will +4

Byron will move up as well and then begin heading clockwise around the wall.

Stealth: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (16) + 5 = 21


Female Cleric/3 | HP 24/24| AC 20/12/18 |Saves 4/3/6 | Init +2 | Perc +4

Shall we just say we all follow? Unstealthy ones trailing behind?


Female Human (Tian-Min) Ninja 2/Samurai (Warrior Poet) 1 | 21/24 HP | AC 15 T 13 FF 12 | Fort +3 Ref +6 Will +2 | Initiative +3 | Perception +9 (trap spotter) | Challenge 1/1 | Ki pool 2/3 | Resolve 0/1

Aiko nods and sneaks up quietly with Byron.

Stealth: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (1) + 11 = 12

... or not.


Skills:
Acrobatics +5, Disable Device +10, Dungeoneering +6, Geography +6, Local +4, Linguistics +3, Perception +13, Stealth +5, Survival +8 (+1 to Track), Swim +5
Male Human Slayer 3; Init +4; 35/35 HP; AC 18, T 12, FF 16; Fort +5, Ref +5, Will +4

I think people should trail behind at 30 ft or less. We are not the stealthiest party and it might be bad if we are too split up.


Male Human (Tian-Shu) HP 22/22|AC 15/14/12|F +5 R+5 W+3| Int +2|Perc +8

"Wait..." Too late it seems as the climbers went on their separate ways. "Will anyone have trouble getting up there?" he asks.


Everyone is easily a belt o climb up the ladder and with the first three sneaking out the small room and going clockwise along the wall they start moving carefully along. Trailing behind the four other get to the middle of the gatehouse with Kelda taking point now more confidant having spilled blood.

The three sneaking foreword continue along to the next tower. Taking a moment to listen they hear nothing below. Looking down inside they see nothing but an empty dust covered room.


M NG half-elf arcanist 2 / sorcerer 1 | HP 22/22 | AC 13+4* T 13+4* FF 10+4* | CMB -1 CMD 12 | F +3* R +2* W +3*** | init +8 Per +6* SM +0 | abilities AB: 7/7 AR: 7/7 D: 7/7 R: fire 5 | spells A1: 4/4 S1: 4/4 | effects/conditions coin shot 3/3 30m, mage armor 3h, resistance 1m

"Empty," Winsome murmurs helpfully, "apparently. Should we see what is d-d-down there? If these are guard towers there m-m-might be valuable intelligence to be f-f-found."


Skills:
Acrobatics +5, Disable Device +10, Dungeoneering +6, Geography +6, Local +4, Linguistics +3, Perception +13, Stealth +5, Survival +8 (+1 to Track), Swim +5
Male Human Slayer 3; Init +4; 35/35 HP; AC 18, T 12, FF 16; Fort +5, Ref +5, Will +4

"I think we stick with the plan and clear all the towers, then we can clear all the ground floor. If we get side tracked every time we see a space we will constantly be drawn off course." Byron says as he continues on.


Active spells:
Barkskin (30 mins)
Female Half-Elf Druid 3 (Wolf shaman) HP 29/29 |Current: AC 17 AC/T/FF 15/12/13 | F +6 R +3 W +6 (+8) Totem Transformation 0/3 Low light vision 60ft, CMD 15: Perception +8, Init +2

"Better clear the room. Nothing comes up behind us that way." Lyraesel comments, looking down into the dusty room.


Female Cleric/3 | HP 24/24| AC 20/12/18 |Saves 4/3/6 | Init +2 | Perc +4

"If it's dusty, what could be in there? But I'll wait for you. I know you're fast and quiet."


Male Human (Tian-Shu) HP 22/22|AC 15/14/12|F +5 R+5 W+3| Int +2|Perc +8

"We might as well, but we still need to be quick about it if we don't want to be overwhelmed."


Active spells:
Barkskin (30 mins)
Female Half-Elf Druid 3 (Wolf shaman) HP 29/29 |Current: AC 17 AC/T/FF 15/12/13 | F +6 R +3 W +6 (+8) Totem Transformation 0/3 Low light vision 60ft, CMD 15: Perception +8, Init +2

With a nod, Lyraesel quickly drops down into the room, giving it a brief inspection for any signs of activity, weapons or other objects of value.

Stealth: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (10) + 5 = 15
Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (3) + 8 = 11


Male Human (Tian-Shu) HP 22/22|AC 15/14/12|F +5 R+5 W+3| Int +2|Perc +8

Stealth: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (18) + 8 = 26


Female Human (Tian-Min) Ninja 2/Samurai (Warrior Poet) 1 | 21/24 HP | AC 15 T 13 FF 12 | Fort +3 Ref +6 Will +2 | Initiative +3 | Perception +9 (trap spotter) | Challenge 1/1 | Ki pool 2/3 | Resolve 0/1

Aiko slides down as well and keeps an eye on the corners.


Searching the small cramped room leads to little other than a few crates and barrels, rotted and empty. A door leads out into presumably the courtyard. As you all climb up and then continue on to the next tower you get to the bottom and see a similar sight. Though the door doesn’t have sunlight peaking underneath like the one leading into the courtyard and the slight sound of clicking and other strange noises can be heard. Though it’s hard to say what it is, exactly the noise varies in frequency tone but remains at a full whisper beyond the door.


Female Cleric/3 | HP 24/24| AC 20/12/18 |Saves 4/3/6 | Init +2 | Perc +4

"If you all want to ready your attacks, I can be the one to throw the door open. Do you want a blessing first?"


Active spells:
Barkskin (30 mins)
Female Half-Elf Druid 3 (Wolf shaman) HP 29/29 |Current: AC 17 AC/T/FF 15/12/13 | F +6 R +3 W +6 (+8) Totem Transformation 0/3 Low light vision 60ft, CMD 15: Perception +8, Init +2

"Good Idea" Lyraesel says in a hushed tone, drawing her sickle.


Female Cleric/3 | HP 24/24| AC 20/12/18 |Saves 4/3/6 | Init +2 | Perc +4

Zaraleva loads her crossbow and moves to the side of the door handle. When everyone has their weapon out and buffed as wanted, she will throw the door wide.

Readied actions?
I updated the map, probably badly.


Male Human (Tian-Shu) HP 22/22|AC 15/14/12|F +5 R+5 W+3| Int +2|Perc +8

"That would be nice if you could," Adrian brings out the temple sword this time around and awaits the time when the cleric opens the door.


Skills:
Acrobatics +5, Disable Device +10, Dungeoneering +6, Geography +6, Local +4, Linguistics +3, Perception +13, Stealth +5, Survival +8 (+1 to Track), Swim +5
Male Human Slayer 3; Init +4; 35/35 HP; AC 18, T 12, FF 16; Fort +5, Ref +5, Will +4

Byron readies his spear and nods.


Female Human (Tian-Min) Ninja 2/Samurai (Warrior Poet) 1 | 21/24 HP | AC 15 T 13 FF 12 | Fort +3 Ref +6 Will +2 | Initiative +3 | Perception +9 (trap spotter) | Challenge 1/1 | Ki pool 2/3 | Resolve 0/1

Naginata up.


make sure to state your readied action, I’ll put up what is beyond the door as well. I’ll update the map momentarily, but should be fine at the moment thanks Zaraleva!

Read after you figure out your readied action.:

Beyond the door is an aged and old stable, with a cold and quiet forge beyond. Strings of web hand on the walls and ceiling as well as the floor. At the door is a two legged but is pinkish with the face of a spider and two sickle shaped claws. Behind it are two spider the size of Great Danes. The two legged creature sees the door open and screeches pointing at you all.

Aiko: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (18) + 3 = 21
Byron: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 4 = 15
Aiidrian: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10
Zaraleva: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 2 = 21
Lyrasael: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 2 = 22
Winsome: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (5) + 8 = 13

Spiders: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10
spiderman: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (3) + 7 = 10

Due to the distance only readied ranged attacks would get a chance to hit, at the moment.

Turn Order Lyrasael, Aiko, Zaraleva, Byron, Winsome, Enemies, Adrian


Active spells:
Barkskin (30 mins)
Female Half-Elf Druid 3 (Wolf shaman) HP 29/29 |Current: AC 17 AC/T/FF 15/12/13 | F +6 R +3 W +6 (+8) Totem Transformation 0/3 Low light vision 60ft, CMD 15: Perception +8, Init +2

Not a readied action, just prepared to act once door is open.

As the bizarre spider-man screeches out, Lyraesel utters a phrase in druidic as she pounds her palm against her chest, taking a deep breath as the magic of nature flows through her, a dark, barklike texture beginning to spread over the exposed expanse of her skin in a protective layer.

Cast Barkskin


Female Cleric/3 | HP 24/24| AC 20/12/18 |Saves 4/3/6 | Init +2 | Perc +4

Zaraleva would shoot the crossbow at the nearest spider-icky-thing that isn't in melee.

Crossbow: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (18) + 4 = 22
damage: 1d8 ⇒ 6


The bolt catches the creature in the shoulder, it howls and points it’s sickle arm at you all.

Turn order Lyrasael, Zaraleva, yet to go Aiko, Byron, Winsome, Enemies, Adrian


Skills:
Acrobatics +5, Disable Device +10, Dungeoneering +6, Geography +6, Local +4, Linguistics +3, Perception +13, Stealth +5, Survival +8 (+1 to Track), Swim +5
Male Human Slayer 3; Init +4; 35/35 HP; AC 18, T 12, FF 16; Fort +5, Ref +5, Will +4

I forget, do you want us to go in order or just post when we are before the next enemy?


Female Human (Tian-Min) Ninja 2/Samurai (Warrior Poet) 1 | 21/24 HP | AC 15 T 13 FF 12 | Fort +3 Ref +6 Will +2 | Initiative +3 | Perception +9 (trap spotter) | Challenge 1/1 | Ki pool 2/3 | Resolve 0/1

Aiko moves to the edge of the doorway, holding her naginata in position to intercept anything that tries to move through.


M NG half-elf arcanist 2 / sorcerer 1 | HP 22/22 | AC 13+4* T 13+4* FF 10+4* | CMB -1 CMD 12 | F +3* R +2* W +3*** | init +8 Per +6* SM +0 | abilities AB: 7/7 AR: 7/7 D: 7/7 R: fire 5 | spells A1: 4/4 S1: 4/4 | effects/conditions coin shot 3/3 30m, mage armor 3h, resistance 1m

Winsome (when it's his turn) uses one of his Arcane Bolts.

Attack (ranged touch): 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5
Damage (force): 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2


You may take your turn whenever during the block your in. As long as it’s before/after the correct enemies. If you wish to wait for a specific player to post in your block you may or you can act first to get it out of the way.

Winsome’s blast of energy goes wide hitting a bit of webs that sends a tuft of dust scattered into the air.


Male Human (Tian-Shu) HP 22/22|AC 15/14/12|F +5 R+5 W+3| Int +2|Perc +8

Adrian shakes his head, seeing that he his ranged deficiencies are holding him back yet again. He holds a readied position with his weapon instead and waits for the spiders to come to him.


Skills:
Acrobatics +5, Disable Device +10, Dungeoneering +6, Geography +6, Local +4, Linguistics +3, Perception +13, Stealth +5, Survival +8 (+1 to Track), Swim +5
Male Human Slayer 3; Init +4; 35/35 HP; AC 18, T 12, FF 16; Fort +5, Ref +5, Will +4

Byron steps into the room and studies the strange humanoid creature before stabbing at it.

5 ft step through the door and then Study the humanoid before stabbing it.

Longspear + Studied Target: 1d20 + 6 + 1 ⇒ (18) + 6 + 1 = 25

Longspear + Studied Target: 1d8 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 4 + 1 = 9

Sneak Attack if he is Flat Footed: 1d6 ⇒ 2


The two legged creature scuttles up and attacks Byron, while it pushes screeches and the spiders go towards the door. The two legged creature goes to bite and slash with its 2 claws.

screen:

attack 1: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 81d6 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3
attack 2: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (17) + 5 = 221d4 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3
attack3: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 121d4 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6

Spider 1: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 2 = 171d6 ⇒ 1
spider 2: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 101d6 ⇒ 6

It however misses is unable to get close enough to bite with Byron waving his spear, but is able to catch him with the tip of its claw for 3 damage.

The spiders bite at Byron since he’s in the way for one and aiko who holds her weapon menacingly. But neither is able to get close enough to get a bite in.

@aiko & Byron you both would get an AOO on the spiders.

@Adrian you may take your turn now with enemies now much closer.

Turn Order Adrian: Turn 2, Lyrasael, Zaraleva, yet to go Aiko, Byron, Winsome, Enemies, Adrian


Skills:
Acrobatics +5, Disable Device +10, Dungeoneering +6, Geography +6, Local +4, Linguistics +3, Perception +13, Stealth +5, Survival +8 (+1 to Track), Swim +5
Male Human Slayer 3; Init +4; 35/35 HP; AC 18, T 12, FF 16; Fort +5, Ref +5, Will +4

Byron stabs at the spiders as they comes in. He then drops the spear shifts forward to avoid being surrounded as he whips out his greatsword to strike at the two legged creature.

AoO w/Longspear on the Spider: 1d20 + 6 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 6 + 1 = 23

AoO damage w/Longspear: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8

I have Combat Reflexes. Did both spiders provoke or only the one that got behind me?

5 ft step N and draw the Greatsword. Then Power Attack and strike at the humanoid-ish creature.

Greatsword Attack+ST-PA: 1d20 + 6 + 1 - 1 ⇒ (16) + 6 + 1 - 1 = 22

Greatsword Damage+ST+PA: 2d6 + 4 + 1 + 3 ⇒ (6, 1) + 4 + 1 + 3 = 15


Male Human (Tian-Shu) HP 22/22|AC 15/14/12|F +5 R+5 W+3| Int +2|Perc +8

Even within range of the spiders, it would take a bit on maneuvering to get past the one facing them. Adrian seeks to jump over that one spider.

Acrobatics: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (16) + 8 = 24

Once that works, he sought to take down the spider with the help of Aiko.

Flurry 1: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (14) + 6 = 20

Damage: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9

Flurry 2: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (12) + 6 = 18

Damage: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11


@Byron, you would get one on each. Forgot you had combat reflexes. Take that AoO when possible.

Between the Aoo from Byron and Adrian’s attack one of the spiders is killed, no longer moving.


Active spells:
Barkskin (30 mins)
Female Half-Elf Druid 3 (Wolf shaman) HP 29/29 |Current: AC 17 AC/T/FF 15/12/13 | F +6 R +3 W +6 (+8) Totem Transformation 0/3 Low light vision 60ft, CMD 15: Perception +8, Init +2

Lyraesel stalks forward, slashing at the nearest spider's underbelly with Ironfang.

+1 Cold Iron sickle: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (15) + 4 = 19
Slashing: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6


Female Cleric/3 | HP 24/24| AC 20/12/18 |Saves 4/3/6 | Init +2 | Perc +4

Zaraleva has no choice but to fire into melee, it seems. "Hold still, Byron!" She targets the boss. (?)
Crossbow of Dumb Luck: 1d20 ⇒ 13

"Nope!" <sigh>


Skills:
Acrobatics +5, Disable Device +10, Dungeoneering +6, Geography +6, Local +4, Linguistics +3, Perception +13, Stealth +5, Survival +8 (+1 to Track), Swim +5
Male Human Slayer 3; Init +4; 35/35 HP; AC 18, T 12, FF 16; Fort +5, Ref +5, Will +4

Byron tries to stab another spider.

AoO with Longspear: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (20) + 6 = 26

Longspear Damage: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9

Critical Confirmation AoO with Longspear: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (13) + 6 = 19

Critical Confirmation Longspear Damage: 2d8 + 8 ⇒ (4, 5) + 8 = 17

If that 19 confirms the spider takes 26 damage.


The spider scurrying past Byron doesn’t see the spear come down on top of it. The spider squirms but it’s all for nothing as it it already dead.

Adrian moves forward and flanks the two legged creature, giving it two quick punches to the face stunning it. Allowing Lyraesal to creep forward and opening up a gash along its stomach. It starts to look for an escape but as it turns to back away Byron’s sword skewers the creature. It slides off and bleeds off silently.

You all breath a sigh of relief with the creatures now dead.


Female Cleric/3 | HP 24/24| AC 20/12/18 |Saves 4/3/6 | Init +2 | Perc +4

Casting Detect Magic and looking around...


Male Human (Tian-Shu) HP 22/22|AC 15/14/12|F +5 R+5 W+3| Int +2|Perc +8

"Phew. That could have been worse." Adrian stretched his back and looked around for any signs of where to go next.

Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (11) + 8 = 19


Female Human (Tian-Min) Ninja 2/Samurai (Warrior Poet) 1 | 21/24 HP | AC 15 T 13 FF 12 | Fort +3 Ref +6 Will +2 | Initiative +3 | Perception +9 (trap spotter) | Challenge 1/1 | Ki pool 2/3 | Resolve 0/1

"Surprisingly simple when it came down to it."


Active spells:
Barkskin (30 mins)
Female Half-Elf Druid 3 (Wolf shaman) HP 29/29 |Current: AC 17 AC/T/FF 15/12/13 | F +6 R +3 W +6 (+8) Totem Transformation 0/3 Low light vision 60ft, CMD 15: Perception +8, Init +2

"There's plenty more danger in this place."" Lyraesel comments, checking the surrounding area.

Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (17) + 8 = 25


Skills:
Acrobatics +5, Disable Device +10, Dungeoneering +6, Geography +6, Local +4, Linguistics +3, Perception +13, Stealth +5, Survival +8 (+1 to Track), Swim +5
Male Human Slayer 3; Init +4; 35/35 HP; AC 18, T 12, FF 16; Fort +5, Ref +5, Will +4

Byron will quickly search the two legged creature for any notes or treasure.

Perception: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (9) + 13 = 22


You search the creature Byron but it doesn’t have anything of note on it to peruse making it quick.

The rest of you move about the stables but find nothing more than webs and what looks to be animals that have been eaten by the occupants, mostly deer and other simple prey but none of the bird people you have seen. As you get to the north side the doors are shut and taking a peak outside gives you relief that there are no new enemies yet. However you would hear nearby from the door the the castle a hissing sound of some kind, it fades after a moment.


Active spells:
Barkskin (30 mins)
Female Half-Elf Druid 3 (Wolf shaman) HP 29/29 |Current: AC 17 AC/T/FF 15/12/13 | F +6 R +3 W +6 (+8) Totem Transformation 0/3 Low light vision 60ft, CMD 15: Perception +8, Init +2

Considering the unknown dangers that lay ahead, Lyraesel quietly chants a druidic invocation to herself, compleating the spell with a deep breath as a new world of sensation burst alive for her.

Cast Bloodhound. Duration 3 hours.

Bloodhound:
You gain the scent special quality, including the ability to track by scent. You receive a +8 competence bonus on Perception checks involving smell and a +4 competence bonus on Survival checks to track using scent. You take a -4 penalty on saving throws against odor-related effects such as the stench ability and stinking cloud. A creature under the effects of bloodhound can detect poison by scent with a DC 20 Perception check.

Moving to the door she crouches down, bringing her nose to the base of the door and breathing in deeply, trying to catch the scent of whatever made the hissing sound.

Perception: 1d20 + 8 + 8 ⇒ (3) + 8 + 8 = 19

451 to 500 of 1,145 << first < prev | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Jade Regent, the Unexpected Journey All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.