Jade Regent, the Unexpected Journey

Game Master Mythicman19

Campaign Resources

In Game Date: Toilday, 28 Erastus


1,051 to 1,100 of 1,100 << first < prev | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | next > last >>

M NG half-elf arcanist 2 / sorcerer 1 | HP 13/22 | AC 13+4* T 13+4* FF 10+4* | CMB -1 CMD 12 | F +3* R +2* W +3*** | init +8 Per +6* SM +0 | abilities AB: 1/7 AR: 4/7 D: 7/7 R: fire 5 | spells A1: 0/4 S1: 0/4 | effects/conditions coin shot 2/3 gold coins, mage armor 3h

Winsome draws a scroll from his belt and reads it, enchanting three more gold coins to throw at the flying enemy. He tosses the first one in her direction, hoping to pass her defenses.

Ranged touch attack (masterwork coin): 1d20 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 4 + 1 = 10
Miss chance 20%% (low is bad): 1d100 ⇒ 50
Damage (bludgeoning/piercing, magic): 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7


Female Cleric/3 | HP 16/24| AC 20/12/18 |Saves 4/3/6 | Init +2 | Perc +4

Zaraleva glances at Kelda and hopes her rage allows her to keep standing a bit longer. She then takes whatever cover she can find, be it behind an object or a friend, and drops a second level spell for a CMW on herself.

CMW: 2d8 + 2 ⇒ (3, 3) + 2 = 8

Yuck.

Is Kelda an "Unchained Barbarian?" Temp hp are a lot better than rage hp when the hp start approaching zero.

Heal check on Kelda. Apply penalty as appropriate for just glancing at her.: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (10) + 8 = 18


Hell's Vengeance Battlemaps; Jade Regent Battlemaps

Sorry, all. It was a busy weekend
Round #2:
Lyreasel throws her final thorn javelin at Zaiobe but misses as the harpy cavorts through the air.

Aiko's next shuriken meets the same fate as her previous one as it too bounces harmlessly off Zaiobe's armor.

Round #3:
Wisome's launches a new coin at Zaiobe only to have it sail harmlessly past the harpy.

Kelda throws her last javelin at Zaiobe, only to have it too miss it's target.
Attack Roll (raging): 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 4 = 15

Zaraleva takes shelter from Zaiobe's barrage of arrows and calls upon Sarenrae's power to heal some of her wounds.

Round #3
Initiative:

Winsome
Kelda
Adrian
Zaraleva
Zaiobe
Byron
Lyraesel
Aiko


Male Human (Tian-Shu) HP 22/22|AC 15/14/12|F +5 R+5 W+3| Int +2|Perc +8

"Zara!" That hit on their cleric looked like it hurt badly. And with the team still missing, he could only hope that his next bolt could strike true.

Heavy Crossbow: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 2 = 16

Damage: 1d10 ⇒ 10


Female Human (Tian-Min) Ninja 2/Samurai (Warrior Poet) 1 | 18/24 HP | AC 15 T 13 FF 12 | Fort +3 Ref +6 Will +2 | Initiative +3 | Perception +9 (trap spotter) | Challenge 1/1 | Ki pool 2/3 | Resolve 0/1

Miss again


Skills:
Acrobatics +5, Disable Device +10, Dungeoneering +6, Geography +6, Local +4, Linguistics +3, Perception +13, Stealth +5, Survival +8 (+1 to Track), Swim +5
Male Human Slayer 3; Init +4; 28/35 HP; AC 18, T 12, FF 16; Fort +5, Ref +5, Will +4

Byron begins wildly cranking to reload his crossbow.

Full round reload. I apparently should look for more ammo soon.


Hell's Vengeance Battlemaps; Jade Regent Battlemaps

Adrian fires his crossbow at Zaiobe but the bolt misses it's target and flies off somewhere into the courtyard below.

Byron winces in pain a Zaiobe's arrow buries itself deep in his thigh, coming perilously close to his femoral artery. her second arrow sails harmlessly past the Slayer as he cranks his crossbow back for another shot.
Attack roll #1: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (20) + 13 = 33
Attack roll (confirm critical): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (6) + 8 = 14
Attack roll #2: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (2) + 8 = 10
Damage: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3

Round #3
Initiative:

Winsome
Kelda
Adrian
Zaraleva
Zaiobe
Byron
Lyraesel
Aiko


Active spells:
Bull's Strength (3 mins), Magic Fang (3 mins), Thorn Javelin (1 mins)
Female Half-Elf Druid 3 (Wolf shaman) HP 29/29 |Current: AC 17 AC/T/FF 15/12/13 | F +6 R +3 W +6 (+8) Totem Transformation 0/3 Low light vision 60ft, CMD 15: Perception +8, Init +2

With no way to attack the harpy while she's in the air, Lyraesel searches Kikonou's body for a ranged weapon she can use.


Hell's Vengeance Battlemaps; Jade Regent Battlemaps

As Aiko's shuriken misses it's mark, Lyraesel searches the Oni's body and finds a Masterwork composite longbow (+2 Strength) and a quiver of 20 arrows.

Round #4
Initiative:
Winsome
Kelda
Adrian
Zaraleva
Zaiobe
Byron
Lyraesel
Aiko


M NG half-elf arcanist 2 / sorcerer 1 | HP 13/22 | AC 13+4* T 13+4* FF 10+4* | CMB -1 CMD 12 | F +3* R +2* W +3*** | init +8 Per +6* SM +0 | abilities AB: 1/7 AR: 4/7 D: 7/7 R: fire 5 | spells A1: 0/4 S1: 0/4 | effects/conditions coin shot 2/3 gold coins, mage armor 3h

Winsome continues desperately throwing money at the problem to make it go away, though his flailing is mostly ineffectual.

Ranged touch attack (masterwork coin): 1d20 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 4 + 1 = 11
Miss chance 20%% (low is bad): 1d100 ⇒ 10
Damage (bludgeoning/piercing, magic): 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2


Skills:
Acrobatics +5, Disable Device +10, Dungeoneering +6, Geography +6, Local +4, Linguistics +3, Perception +13, Stealth +5, Survival +8 (+1 to Track), Swim +5
Male Human Slayer 3; Init +4; 28/35 HP; AC 18, T 12, FF 16; Fort +5, Ref +5, Will +4

Byron takes aim and fires again, as he does so he calls up to Zaiobe. "Surrender while you still can!"

Heavy Crossbow Attack + ST: 1d20 + 6 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 6 + 1 = 18

Heavy Crossbow Damage+ ST: 1d10 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4

Miss Chance- Low is bad: 1d100 ⇒ 38


Active spells:
Bull's Strength (3 mins), Magic Fang (3 mins), Thorn Javelin (1 mins)
Female Half-Elf Druid 3 (Wolf shaman) HP 29/29 |Current: AC 17 AC/T/FF 15/12/13 | F +6 R +3 W +6 (+8) Totem Transformation 0/3 Low light vision 60ft, CMD 15: Perception +8, Init +2

Grabbing the bow and arrows, she glares up with a curse. "Aiko, Kelda one of you use this!"


Female Cleric/3 | HP 16/24| AC 20/12/18 |Saves 4/3/6 | Init +2 | Perc +4

"Lyraesel, I have a few more fire bolts if you want to use my crossbow."

Seeing that she's got her hands full, Zaraleva takes a step toward Lyraesel, loads, and fires at Zaiobe.
Crossbow: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (19) + 4 = 231d8 ⇒ 6
miss chance: 1d100 ⇒ 80
"Yes! Like that!"
Crit confirmation: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 121d8 ⇒ 7


Hell's Vengeance Battlemaps; Jade Regent Battlemaps

Winsome launches another coin at Zaiobe and watches in dismay as it too misses the harpy, as she dips and dives through the air.

Kelda accepts the bow with a nod. She quickly draws the bow, knocks an arrow and lets fly only for the arrow fly off into the distance as she misjudges the amount of draw needed to fire the bow.

Attack roll: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6

Zaraleva shout in triumph as her crossbow bolt pierces Zaiobe's defenses to lodge in her shoulder, perilously close to her carotid artery, and blood spurts out from the wound.

Round #4
Initiative:

Winsome
Kelda
Adrian
Zaraleva
Zaiobe
Byron
Lyraesel
Aiko


Male Human (Tian-Shu) HP 22/22|AC 15/14/12|F +5 R+5 W+3| Int +2|Perc +8

"...finally.!" The battle just might turn in their favor yet. As he reloads his crossbow, he keeps his eye on the harpy for its next move.

At least that's something.


Hell's Vengeance Battlemaps; Jade Regent Battlemaps

Adrian cranks his crossbow and loads a bolt, ready to fire at the harpy.

Zaiobe looks at Byron as he hears her voice in his head "Oh, my dear, you misunderstand, it is you who should be surrendering to me. Lay down your weapons and surrender your gear and I may let you walk out of Brinewall alive, otherwise..." she is interrupted as Zaraleva's crossbow bolt impacts her "Pity" she says "You've had your chance." She fires two quick arrows at Zaraleva for her audacity to strike her.
Attack roll #1: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (13) + 13 = 26
Attack roll #2: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (19) + 8 = 27
Damage: 2d8 + 4 ⇒ (5, 5) + 4 = 14

Focused as she is on getting revenge on Zaraleva, Zaiobe is distracted enough to not see Byron's shot until it is too late and his bolt hits her and pierces her armor, drawing even more blood.

Round #4
Initiative:

Winsome
Kelda
Adrian
Zaraleva
Zaiobe
Byron
Lyraesel
Aiko


Female Human (Tian-Min) Ninja 2/Samurai (Warrior Poet) 1 | 18/24 HP | AC 15 T 13 FF 12 | Fort +3 Ref +6 Will +2 | Initiative +3 | Perception +9 (trap spotter) | Challenge 1/1 | Ki pool 2/3 | Resolve 0/1

Miss


Active spells:
Bull's Strength (3 mins), Magic Fang (3 mins), Thorn Javelin (1 mins)
Female Half-Elf Druid 3 (Wolf shaman) HP 29/29 |Current: AC 17 AC/T/FF 15/12/13 | F +6 R +3 W +6 (+8) Totem Transformation 0/3 Low light vision 60ft, CMD 15: Perception +8, Init +2

Lyraesel fumes, unable to do anything from the ground.


Female Cleric/3 | HP 16/24| AC 20/12/18 |Saves 4/3/6 | Init +2 | Perc +4

You could read the scroll of CMW for me before I die.


Active spells:
Bull's Strength (3 mins), Magic Fang (3 mins), Thorn Javelin (1 mins)
Female Half-Elf Druid 3 (Wolf shaman) HP 29/29 |Current: AC 17 AC/T/FF 15/12/13 | F +6 R +3 W +6 (+8) Totem Transformation 0/3 Low light vision 60ft, CMD 15: Perception +8, Init +2

Totally forgot we had that, and your stat bar was full.

Unable to do anything offensively, Lyraesel grabs one of the healing scrolls, unrolling it and running over to Zaraleva as she reads the spell, activating its magic.

Cure Moderate Wounds: 2d8 + 3 ⇒ (6, 5) + 3 = 14


Hell's Vengeance Battlemaps; Jade Regent Battlemaps

Round #4
Aiko's streak of bad luck continues as another of her shuriken's is unable to penetrate Zaiobe's armor.

With Zaraleva unconscious and bleeding out, Lyraesel pulls out a scroll and casts the healing spell upon it to revive Zaraleva.

Round #5
Kelda steps between the harpy and Lyraesel and Zaraleva and fires her bow. As her arrow pierces the Oracle's flesh beneath her armor the Ulfen cries out "Why don't you shoot me, you overgrown chicken!"
Attack roll): 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (18) + 5 = 23
20% miss chance: 1d100 ⇒ 64
Damage: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6

Round #5
Initiative:
Winsome

Kelda
Adrian
Zaraleva
Zaiobe
Byron
Lyraesel
Aiko


Male Human (Tian-Shu) HP 22/22|AC 15/14/12|F +5 R+5 W+3| Int +2|Perc +8

And just like that, the harpy turned things back against them. He fought the urge to run towards Zaraleva as she fell, especially since it seems like Lyraesel had the situation at hand with a scroll. All he could do right now was shoot and hope he could bring down the harpy.

Heavy Crossbow: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 2 = 17

Damage?: 1d10 ⇒ 2


Skills:
Acrobatics +5, Disable Device +10, Dungeoneering +6, Geography +6, Local +4, Linguistics +3, Perception +13, Stealth +5, Survival +8 (+1 to Track), Swim +5
Male Human Slayer 3; Init +4; 28/35 HP; AC 18, T 12, FF 16; Fort +5, Ref +5, Will +4

Byron cranks his heavy crossbow and loads another bolt.

Full round to reload.


Female Human (Tian-Min) Ninja 2/Samurai (Warrior Poet) 1 | 18/24 HP | AC 15 T 13 FF 12 | Fort +3 Ref +6 Will +2 | Initiative +3 | Perception +9 (trap spotter) | Challenge 1/1 | Ki pool 2/3 | Resolve 0/1

Aiko's flattened, pursed lips twitch slightly as she grabs up her naginata, loops it to the carrying cord over her back, and then rushes to one of the towers (near Byron) and starts climbing up it.

Climb: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (1) + 8 = 9

But of course, she fails, just like she fails at everything else in this combat.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Female Cleric/3 | HP 16/24| AC 20/12/18 |Saves 4/3/6 | Init +2 | Perc +4

I was being a bit overdramatic. I was at 2hp when I asked Lyraesel to get the scroll. Sorry I totally forgot to update the status bar. You probably can't update your posts, but maybe Zaraleva started to fall to one knee, but defiantly resisted death's call.

Half-delirious with pain, Zaraleva shoots a look at Aiko. "Sorry, Lyra's my new favorite. Hey, crossbows are simple. Take mine. I'll try a firebolt. Maybe harpies are made of paper dipped in grease..."

Fire Bolt: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 121d6 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2 fire damage vs. Touch AC.

Zaraleva's hp: 16/24


Hell's Vengeance Battlemaps; Jade Regent Battlemaps

Winsome launches his final coin at Zaiobe, striking the harpy square in the chest. Byron hears an amused voice in his head, saying "Tell your friend if he wants to buy me off it'll take a lot more than that"
Ranged touch attack (masterwork coin): 1d20 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (13) + 4 + 1 = 18
Miss chance 20%% (low is bad): 1d100 ⇒ 38
Damage (bludgeoning/piercing, magic): 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5

Kelda's arrow sinks into the harpy's exposed flesh, causing a look of concern to cross Zaiobe's face.

Both Adrian's and Zaraleva's attacks come within mere inches of striking Zaiobe, with Zaraleva's bolt singeing a few tail feathers as it passes

Zaiobe seems amused by the party's attempts to hit her until both Winsome and Kelda manage to do just that, and Adrian and Zaraleva seem to have her within range. She looks at Kelda quizzically as she insults her and shrugs, seeming more than willing to indulge the Ulfen in her death wish.
Attack roll #1: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (9) + 13 = 22
Attack roll #2: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (8) + 8 = 16
Damage: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6

Byron furiously reloads his crossbow to take advantage of Zaiobe's seeming nervousness.

Round #5
Initiative:

Winsome
Kelda
Adrian
Zaraleva
Zaiobe
Byron
Lyraesel
Aiko


Female Human (Tian-Min) Ninja 2/Samurai (Warrior Poet) 1 | 18/24 HP | AC 15 T 13 FF 12 | Fort +3 Ref +6 Will +2 | Initiative +3 | Perception +9 (trap spotter) | Challenge 1/1 | Ki pool 2/3 | Resolve 0/1

I'm just gonna not do anything for the rest of this fight if that's ok, since the dice have decreed that Aiko fails at everything.

Aiko keeps trying to scramble up onto the parapet.

Climb: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (12) + 8 = 20


Active spells:
Bull's Strength (3 mins), Magic Fang (3 mins), Thorn Javelin (1 mins)
Female Half-Elf Druid 3 (Wolf shaman) HP 29/29 |Current: AC 17 AC/T/FF 15/12/13 | F +6 R +3 W +6 (+8) Totem Transformation 0/3 Low light vision 60ft, CMD 15: Perception +8, Init +2

Taking Zaraleva's advice, Lyraesel grabs up the loaded crossbow, managing to fire off an awkward shot that misses, with an angry curse.

Crossbow (non-proficient0: 1d20 + 5 - 4 ⇒ (11) + 5 - 4 = 12
1d8 ⇒ 3
1d100 ⇒ 55


Hell's Vengeance Battlemaps; Jade Regent Battlemaps

Round 5:
Lyraesel curses as she tries to fire the unfamiliar weapon and her shot misses the harpy by a wide margin.

Aiko climbs to the top of the watchtower and frees her naginata to attack.

Round 6:
Kelda grows even more enraged, if that's possible, as Zaiobe's arrow bites deep into her shoulder. Ignoring her pain she returns fire.
Attack roll (raging): 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (20) + 5 = 25
20% miss chance: 1d100 ⇒ 26
Attack roll (confirm critical): 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6
Oh, well. The Dice Gods giveth and the Dice Gods taketh away.
Damage: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7

Round #6
Initiative:
Winsome

Kelda
Adrian
Zaraleva
Zaiobe
Byron
Lyraesel
Aiko


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Female Human (Tian-Min) Ninja 2/Samurai (Warrior Poet) 1 | 18/24 HP | AC 15 T 13 FF 12 | Fort +3 Ref +6 Will +2 | Initiative +3 | Perception +9 (trap spotter) | Challenge 1/1 | Ki pool 2/3 | Resolve 0/1

Acrobatics, increased base speed: 1d20 + 12 + 12 ⇒ (3) + 12 + 12 = 27

Aiko crouches, then makes a leap off the edge of the tower, swinging her reach weapon up at Zaiobe.

Since I have ki still in my pool, I treat my jump as a running jump, so that gets me 27' of range. The naginata is a reach weapon. Spend one ki point to increase base speed by 20' as a swift action, which gives a +8 to Acrobatics this round. Already have an innate +10' to base speed from archetype, which is another +4.

Naginata attack: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (20) + 5 = 25
Naginata critical confirm: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7
Naginata damage: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6

Then she falls... and falls...

Acrobatics: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (16) + 12 = 28

... tumbles and rolls as she hits the ground far below.

Ignore the first 10' of falling damage, so the DM needs to decide how much damage she takes from this fall off the tower.


M NG half-elf arcanist 2 / sorcerer 1 | HP 13/22 | AC 13+4* T 13+4* FF 10+4* | CMB -1 CMD 12 | F +3* R +2* W +3*** | init +8 Per +6* SM +0 | abilities AB: 1/7 AR: 4/7 D: 7/7 R: fire 5 | spells A1: 0/4 S1: 0/4 | effects/conditions coin shot 2/3 gold coins, mage armor 3h

Winsome draws another scroll and reads it, preparing to continue his golden barrage. He launches another coin at Zaiobe.

Ranged touch attack (masterwork coin): 1d20 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 4 + 1 = 12
Miss chance 20% (low is bad): 1d100 ⇒ 71
Damage (bludgeoning/piercing, magic): 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2


Male Human (Tian-Shu) HP 22/22|AC 15/14/12|F +5 R+5 W+3| Int +2|Perc +8

Seeing what Aiko had thought of. Adrian decides to try the same thing.

Climb: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (1) + 8 = 9

All he can find are loose rocks and he fails to get any footing on the wall.


Female Cleric/3 | HP 16/24| AC 20/12/18 |Saves 4/3/6 | Init +2 | Perc +4

Zaraleva marvels at Aiko's athleticism and tries another fire bolt.

Firebolt: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (13) + 4 = 171d6 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5 fire damage vs. Touch AC.


Skills:
Acrobatics +5, Disable Device +10, Dungeoneering +6, Geography +6, Local +4, Linguistics +3, Perception +13, Stealth +5, Survival +8 (+1 to Track), Swim +5
Male Human Slayer 3; Init +4; 28/35 HP; AC 18, T 12, FF 16; Fort +5, Ref +5, Will +4

Byron takes aim once more and fires at Zaiobe!

Heavy Crossbow Attack Roll+Studied Target: 1d20 + 6 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 6 + 1 = 14

Heavy Crossbow Damage + Studied Target: 1d10 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 1 = 11


Active spells:
Bull's Strength (3 mins), Magic Fang (3 mins), Thorn Javelin (1 mins)
Female Half-Elf Druid 3 (Wolf shaman) HP 29/29 |Current: AC 17 AC/T/FF 15/12/13 | F +6 R +3 W +6 (+8) Totem Transformation 0/3 Low light vision 60ft, CMD 15: Perception +8, Init +2

Clumsily reloading the crossbow, Lyraesel manages to some how get off an accurate shot, albeit a mere scratch.

Crossbow (non-proficient): 1d20 + 5 - 4 ⇒ (19) + 5 - 4 = 20
Piercing: 1d8 ⇒ 1
Miss: 1d100 ⇒ 60


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Hell's Vengeance Battlemaps; Jade Regent Battlemaps

Winsome fires another coin at Zaiobe only to have it sail harmlessly past the harpy as she dives out of the way.

Adrian attempts to emulate Aiko's climb to the top of the tower only to have the crumbling brick and mortar come loose in his hands as soon as he puts weight on them.

Zaiobe's attempt avoid Winsome's coin unfortunately puts her in the direct path of Zaraleva's fire bolt. The smell of burning flesh and feathers permeate the air as the flaming missile strikes Zaiobe directly in the chest.
Zaraleva, you forgot to roll the 20% miss chance, but we'll go with it.

A look of panic begins to creep into Zaiobe's eyes as she realizes she may have made a mistake in attacking the party. The panic gives way to resignation as she continues to press her advantage. Deciding to spread her attacks out hoping to take more than one foe out she splits her attacks between Kelda and Zaraleva.
Attack roll #1 (kelda): 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (15) + 13 = 28
Attack roll #2 (zaraleva): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (12) + 8 = 20
Damage #1 (kelda): 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8
Damage #2 (zaraleva): 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4

Byron studies Zaiobe's movement hoping to score a hit as she swoops above but he can't seem to find the rhythm as his bolt flies past echoing Winsome's coin.

Lyraesel finally gets the hang of the unfamiliar crossbow as she looses a bolt which manages to score a slight scratch, drawing some blood, on Zaiobe's arm as it flies by.

Zaiobe's eyes widen in surprise as Aiko launches herself through the air at her. So taken aback she is unable to avoid Aiko's naginata as it slices deep into her wing joint, causing both of them to tumble from the air onto the cobblestones of the courtyard below.
Damage (falling): 2d6 ⇒ (5, 3) = 8 (Aiko take 3 points)
Aiko manages to twist the mass of their bodies so that Zaiobe absorbs the brunt of the impact and cushions their fall. Aiko rolls off the body and stands looking down at the lifeless, broken, corpse of the harpy.

Combat over.

Kelda says "I don't feel so good." as she begins to rage crash.


Male Human (Tian-Shu) HP 22/22|AC 15/14/12|F +5 R+5 W+3| Int +2|Perc +8

He couldn't get up the wall... but he fould at least try and break the fall of the two. "I have you." He said as he laid his hands out... only to be short of his target as the two fell to the ground. He hesitated on checking if Aiko died... then breathed a sigh of relief when it turns out she's still breathing.

"Okay... we could definitely use that bow," He heaved.


Skills:
Acrobatics +5, Disable Device +10, Dungeoneering +6, Geography +6, Local +4, Linguistics +3, Perception +13, Stealth +5, Survival +8 (+1 to Track), Swim +5
Male Human Slayer 3; Init +4; 28/35 HP; AC 18, T 12, FF 16; Fort +5, Ref +5, Will +4

Byron grimaces at his own arrow wound and says, "We should gather what we can and fall back to the camp to rest." He then begins searching Zaiobe and checking to see if she survived the fall.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Female Human (Tian-Min) Ninja 2/Samurai (Warrior Poet) 1 | 18/24 HP | AC 15 T 13 FF 12 | Fort +3 Ref +6 Will +2 | Initiative +3 | Perception +9 (trap spotter) | Challenge 1/1 | Ki pool 2/3 | Resolve 0/1

Aiko says, "I honestly wasn't sure that was going to work."

Glad the dice turned for me when they did or that would've just been embarrassingly bad!

She winces as she flexes her legs. "Hard on the knees and the back, though."

"I don't think that our foe was so fortunate."

She takes a few moments to catch her breath and re-center herself, leaning on the pole of her bloody naginata, then matter-of-factly pulls out a dark rag and starts wiping down the blade.

"Thanks for the quick assist, Adrian. And you're right, Byron. Eventually we'll have to face that monster down in the depths again, and it was flying, so we all need some kind of ranged weapons."


M NG half-elf arcanist 2 / sorcerer 1 | HP 13/22 | AC 13+4* T 13+4* FF 10+4* | CMB -1 CMD 12 | F +3* R +2* W +3*** | init +8 Per +6* SM +0 | abilities AB: 1/7 AR: 4/7 D: 7/7 R: fire 5 | spells A1: 0/4 S1: 0/4 | effects/conditions coin shot 2/3 gold coins, mage armor 3h

Winsome scratches the back of his head. "If we c-c-can rest, I can p-p-prepare more magic missiles," he says, strangely drawing out the name of the spell in his high-pitched voice. "I don't think the c-c-coins were very effective against it, whatever it is."


Female Cleric/3 | HP 16/24| AC 20/12/18 |Saves 4/3/6 | Init +2 | Perc +4

Zaraleva starts composing a snarky comment to Aiko as she rushes to Kelda and tries to save her.

Rebuke Death: 1d4 ⇒ 3
She will do it (cast it?) until Kelda wakes up (gets to zero or higher.)
Rebuke Death: 1d4 ⇒ 3
Rebuke Death: 1d4 ⇒ 1
Rebuke Death: 1d4 ⇒ 4

Rebuke Death (6/day) (Sp) As a standard action, touch heals 1d4 dam to negative HP target.


Active spells:
Bull's Strength (3 mins), Magic Fang (3 mins), Thorn Javelin (1 mins)
Female Half-Elf Druid 3 (Wolf shaman) HP 29/29 |Current: AC 17 AC/T/FF 15/12/13 | F +6 R +3 W +6 (+8) Totem Transformation 0/3 Low light vision 60ft, CMD 15: Perception +8, Init +2

Lyraesel runs to the edge of the parapet, watching as Aiko and Zaiobe plummet to the ground, breathing a sigh of relief as Aiko masterfully controls the fall.

As they head down to the courtyard, she breathes a sigh of relief before checking the body, making sure that the harpy is dead.

"Nice move Aiko. Very fierce."


Hell's Vengeance Battlemaps; Jade Regent Battlemaps

Zaraleva, Kelda is fine HP wise (She's a little under half), she's just feeling the fatigue effects of ending her rage.

Both Lyraesel and Byron examine Zaiobe, only to come to the conclusion that, given the angle of her neck, there's no way she survived the fall.

With the adrenaline of combat waning, everyone begins the task of examining the bodies for useful gear.
Searching Kikonu's body you find a suit of magic (+1) leather armor, a masterwork composite longbow (+2 Strength), a magic kusarigama with the Tien ideograms "跳舞黃蜂" etched on the blade, which those of you who are fluent in Tien can translate as "Dancing Wasp". Also, in a pouch on his side, you find several vials of ink, five shiny pearls (100 gp/each), and a small darkwood and silver disk decorated with an intricate etching of Brinewall Castle under the noonday sun. The disk radiates a faint aura of transmutation magic but further examination reveals nothing further about it's purpose.

Dancing Wasp (Spellcraft DC:22):

This +1 kusarigama makes a shrill whistling sound whenever it is used in combat. Once per day as a standard action, the wielder of Dancing Wasp can whirl the weapon above his head as a full-round action to summon a giant wasp (Pathfinder RPG Bestiary 275). The wasp appears in the air above the wielder’s head and follows the wielder’s mental commands to the best of its ability as long as the user continues to twirl the weapon (requiring a standard action each round), to a maximum of 5 rounds, after which the wasp vanishes.

Moving on to Zaiobe's mangled body you find a magical (+1) composite longbow (+1 Strength), three potion vials labeled "cure light wounds" in common, a quiver with 12 arrows (five with black fletching, seven with reddish orange feathers (+1 flaming)) and a masterwork chain shirt.


Active spells:
Bull's Strength (3 mins), Magic Fang (3 mins), Thorn Javelin (1 mins)
Female Half-Elf Druid 3 (Wolf shaman) HP 29/29 |Current: AC 17 AC/T/FF 15/12/13 | F +6 R +3 W +6 (+8) Totem Transformation 0/3 Low light vision 60ft, CMD 15: Perception +8, Init +2

Looking over the collection of weapons and equipment, Lyraesel moves to strip the fallen enemies of their gear. "This might help with fighting the demon thing below, once we rest."


M NG half-elf arcanist 2 / sorcerer 1 | HP 13/22 | AC 13+4* T 13+4* FF 10+4* | CMB -1 CMD 12 | F +3* R +2* W +3*** | init +8 Per +6* SM +0 | abilities AB: 1/7 AR: 4/7 D: 7/7 R: fire 5 | spells A1: 0/4 S1: 0/4 | effects/conditions coin shot 2/3 gold coins, mage armor 3h

Winsome looks over the looted items. "No obvious k-k-keys or anything like that. And no clues as to how we might d-d-deal with Ameiko's m-m-mysterious affliction." He sighs, and then looks curiously at the disk. "There is some sort of s-s-spell on this, Transm-m-mutation if I am c-c-correct, but I have no idea what it does. Perhaps the image will help Ameiko get b-b-better? It's worth a try."


Female Cleric/3 | HP 16/24| AC 20/12/18 |Saves 4/3/6 | Init +2 | Perc +4

So I didn't rebuke any death, got it, thanks!

"Let's take it all and get the blazes out of here. We don't want anyone to show up for 'second watch' and catch us not at our best. Hopefully the disk will transmute Ameiko back to normal and she can teach Aiko how to throw a shuriken. (Cheap Shot #1) Or can you use this composite bow effectively? Well...more effectively than a sure-I-can shuriken? (Cheap Shot #2) And also, by the way, you can't fly! (Cheap Shot #3) You sure can 'stick' a landing though! (Always end on a positive.)"

Zaraleva breaks out the healer's kit and treats deadly wounds on Kelda, Byron, and Winsome, before looking around. "Nobody else?" <pause> "Just kidding, Aiko..."

That takes an hour per patient, so I will wait until we're back at the caravan to do it. I have a total of +10 with the healer's kit, so I can take 10 and hit the DC 20. The above people get 1 hp/level. That's three for us and I don't know how many for Kelda. Can our diminutive friend helps us on the way out or was that just at dawn? I forget.


Active spells:
Bull's Strength (3 mins), Magic Fang (3 mins), Thorn Javelin (1 mins)
Female Half-Elf Druid 3 (Wolf shaman) HP 29/29 |Current: AC 17 AC/T/FF 15/12/13 | F +6 R +3 W +6 (+8) Totem Transformation 0/3 Low light vision 60ft, CMD 15: Perception +8, Init +2

Wow! Zaraleva's a jerk. lol


Male Human (Tian-Shu) HP 22/22|AC 15/14/12|F +5 R+5 W+3| Int +2|Perc +8

"Yeah... I don't want to stay any more than we need to here." Adrian shivers. "I really hope we don't have much left to explore around here," He sighed.


Skills:
Acrobatics +5, Disable Device +10, Dungeoneering +6, Geography +6, Local +4, Linguistics +3, Perception +13, Stealth +5, Survival +8 (+1 to Track), Swim +5
Male Human Slayer 3; Init +4; 28/35 HP; AC 18, T 12, FF 16; Fort +5, Ref +5, Will +4

Byron looks for where his missed bolt may have gone. "We may need more ammo if possible before we head down to face the creature we saw."

Perception: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (13) + 13 = 26 If I can get the bolt back, I will. Did it survive though?

Bolt Survival, low is bad: 1d100 ⇒ 55 So if I find it, I have one more shot.


Active spells:
Bull's Strength (3 mins), Magic Fang (3 mins), Thorn Javelin (1 mins)
Female Half-Elf Druid 3 (Wolf shaman) HP 29/29 |Current: AC 17 AC/T/FF 15/12/13 | F +6 R +3 W +6 (+8) Totem Transformation 0/3 Low light vision 60ft, CMD 15: Perception +8, Init +2

Backtracking, Lyraesel leads the group back to the way they came in, avoiding any unexplored areas or known hazards if possible to head back to the camp.

Let me know what to roll if anything

1,051 to 1,100 of 1,100 << first < prev | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Jade Regent, the Unexpected Journey All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.