Ebon Fist's #4-16 The Fabric of Reality

Game Master EbonFist

Maps and Slides


1 to 50 of 235 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | next > last >>

The Fabric of Reality Games I've Played (Session Tracker)

Venture-Captain Amara Li summons the party to the Lantern Lodge in Goka, where they’re ushered into a meeting room adjacent to the lodge’s well-stocked library.

A table of polished teakwood dominates the middle of this room. Around it sits a number of padded chairs. A handsome Tian woman, dressed in a simple silk dress, sits at the head of the table.

Amara Li gestures for the newcomers to sit. “Thank you for coming, Pathfinders.

“As you know, the society came into possession of the now infamous Hao Jin Tapestry after winning the Ruby Phoenix Tournament last year. This magical tapestry contains a demiplane, one in which the ancient sorcerer Hao Jin placed a vast collection of treasures and magical wonders. The Society has been sending Pathfinder teams, including you, into the demiplane for months, mapping its locations and cataloging a staggering number of incredible finds.

“During the course of these expeditions, we uncovered a secret entrance—backdoor, if you will—that links the tapestry with a site in distant Varisia. Aspis Consortium agents bent on plundering the demiplane secretly exploited this entry point. However, thanks to you, the Society took control of the Varisian entrance.

“We hoped to use the tapestry as an instantaneous method of traveling between Absalom and Varisia, but the route to Varisia is currently only one-way. The Decemvirate wants to change this.”

Amara pauses as the Temple of Abadar’s bells mark the midday hour. As the twelfth bell sounds, a thin, middle-aged Keleshite man appears out of nowhere standing next to her, carrying what appears to be a rolled-up rug over one shoulder.

“Greetings,” Aram Zey says sharply as he unrolls the rug, which you recognize is the Hao Jin Tapestry and attaches it to the wall.

“As the venture-captain was saying, the Society needs the link between Absalom and Varisia to work in both directions. I believe it’s possible to reattune the tapestry by accessing a site called the Sacred Shrine of Abadar at the very heart of the demiplane. After much research, I believe that the instructions are documented in a tome called the Abysium Codex. With it, you should be able to reattune the tapestry and allow us to travel to and from Absalom and Varisia at will. After we’ve achieved that, we can establish our own permanent portals in points all over Golarion where we need quick access to. Just imagine having rapid, two-way travel from wherever the tapestry is held to points all over the world.

“First thing’s first: we need you to retrieve the Abysium Codex,” interjects Amara Li. “You’ll find it in the possession of a woman named Shadow Orchid, who operates a bookshop called the Learned Crane here in Goka. But be wary, Pathfinders. Though Shadow Orchid is very old and feeble, she is a former Xun assassin—a master of the art of murder.”


Male Human NG fighter 7, HP 74/74, AC 24, T 15, FF 20, F +8, R +6, W +4(+2 vs fear), Perc +0, Init +7

Well this should be a cinch...just get a book from an old, very experienced trained killer...easy as pie... Valeros says, a slight rolling of his eyes.

Dark Archive

Ganzi Dragonic Bloodrager 5/Dragon Disciple 3 | HP 54/81(75/102*) | Resistance (5 Acid, Electricity, Sonic, Fire +10*) |AC 20(*20) +4, T 11 FF 20 |Rage*: 13/15, Quibble 0/1, Spells 1st: 2/2 2nd: 1/1| CMB +12 (14*) (+2 trip), CMD 26 | F: +11/*+14, R: +5, W: +7/*+9 (+2 charm/compulsion) | Init: +1 | Perc: +6, SM: +3, Dipl +10 DV 60'|30ft | Conditions: None

"We certainly have not failed you in the past, Captain and Master. This, former assassin should prove little resistance, I would think. We might even manage this trip diplomatically!", the Ganzi laughing softly at his own joke.

To those who have known him only a short time, Kal'ryon seems as he always has- though to some of the others in his room, it is apparent that his appearance has changed. The motes of energy continuously leap about his skin- casting him in a slight shimmering form- though his usually whiteish skin has taken on a warming, reddish tint.

He stands, smiling, with his hair blowing in the non-existent breeze.

Silver Crusade

NG male human alchemist 9 | HP 66/66 | AC 22 (T 15, FF 19) | P +12, I +3 | F +10 (+12 vs poison), R +12, W +7 | Active Conditions: ant haul | Bombs remaining: 19/19, Fly remaining: 9/9, Clover: 3/3

Diazepane stands outside the Lodge, scribbling the last few pages of his translation of "Prolegomena to Any Future Metaphysics That Will Be Able to Present Itself as a Science," which he had been working on during the journey to Goka.

He carefully tucks everything away and catches the last bit of conversation.

"How would the Society prefer that we obtain the book - purchasing it? Barter? Breaking and entering?"


The Fabric of Reality Games I've Played (Session Tracker)

Aram smirks at Valeros and Kal'Ryon's quips, though Amara's face is an emotionless mask.

It is she who answers Diazepane's question, though. "Legal and peaceful means are always preferable, even when dealing with organizations such as the Aspis Consortium, Golden League and Xun assassins. If you are able to barter for or purchase the Codex, so much the better. If you are unable, we will leave the method of procuring it to you. But it is imperative that we get it and get it quickly."

Scarab Sages

Male N Kitsune that is always in human form (around 25 years, auburn hair, usually silently observing) | Exploiter Wizard 9 | HP 84/84 + 15/15 temp HP| Baahuush Familiar 42/42 HP | AC 21 T 15 FF 17 | CMB +1, CMD 16 | F: +16, R: +15, W: +14 & +1 vs. spells/spell-like ab./poison | Init: +5 | Perc: +14, Dipl: +19, Bluff: +19, SM: +5 | Lesser Rods: Extend 3/3, Piercing 3/3, Intensified 3/3 | Folio Reroll 1/1 | Chaldira Reroll 1/1 | Arcane Reservoir 7/7 | Speed 30ft | Resistances: Elec. 3, Acid 3, Fire 2, Cold 1 | Active c.: Dex +2, Ring Prot +1, m. armor, heroism

A young human with some peculiar features of around 25 joins you. Observing him more closely reveals that he is quite puny and doesn't really have an attractive physique.

Only wearing a loose cloak and very light Haramaki armor, it is clear that he is not a fighter.

Around his neck you see an amulet showing the holy symbol of Chaldira Zuzaristan. On his shoulder you see a tiny horned lizard that has dark black scales. In some areas the scales have a red coloring that curiously forms a pattern that resembles the holy symbol of Chaldira and glows slightly.

He silently listens to the Amara’s and the master of spells‘ words of introduction and then speaks.

"Hello, my name is Kioshi Katsu and the young horned lizard on my shoulder is my friend Baahuush. I am very pleased to meet you as I believe that you form a strong team that has proven that working together is the most important feat when the task is to fight against all odds. Baahuush and I have a personal history here and have just arrived." and it is clear that this part of his life still feels heavy on his shoulders.

He tries to look into your eyes but that obviously makes him a little uncomfortable.

Will ask questions tomorrow. Sorry for the delay.

Dark Archive

Ganzi Dragonic Bloodrager 5/Dragon Disciple 3 | HP 54/81(75/102*) | Resistance (5 Acid, Electricity, Sonic, Fire +10*) |AC 20(*20) +4, T 11 FF 20 |Rage*: 13/15, Quibble 0/1, Spells 1st: 2/2 2nd: 1/1| CMB +12 (14*) (+2 trip), CMD 26 | F: +11/*+14, R: +5, W: +7/*+9 (+2 charm/compulsion) | Init: +1 | Perc: +6, SM: +3, Dipl +10 DV 60'|30ft | Conditions: None

"Legal and peaceful means..." Kal turns the words over on his tongue. "Sounds like a plan, Captain. I promise to at least try." His smile betrays his serious tone- but its tough to tell the exact thought that elicited his response.

"Do you have any additional information about this Shadow Orchid? Methods? Skills sets? Personal contacts?"

Scarab Sages

Male N Kitsune that is always in human form (around 25 years, auburn hair, usually silently observing) | Exploiter Wizard 9 | HP 84/84 + 15/15 temp HP| Baahuush Familiar 42/42 HP | AC 21 T 15 FF 17 | CMB +1, CMD 16 | F: +16, R: +15, W: +14 & +1 vs. spells/spell-like ab./poison | Init: +5 | Perc: +14, Dipl: +19, Bluff: +19, SM: +5 | Lesser Rods: Extend 3/3, Piercing 3/3, Intensified 3/3 | Folio Reroll 1/1 | Chaldira Reroll 1/1 | Arcane Reservoir 7/7 | Speed 30ft | Resistances: Elec. 3, Acid 3, Fire 2, Cold 1 | Active c.: Dex +2, Ring Prot +1, m. armor, heroism

“Well, I have heard of the Ruby Phoenix and also of the tapestry! I usually start by asking about everything I know little about. I am from Tian Xia but please tell us more about Goka. And also more about this place in Varisia! Then there is the question if you know more about this Sacred Shrine of Abadar and the tome! And of course detailed information on the assassin and the organization she was associated with would be appreciated! Thanks!“ Kioshi says with blinking eyes, an academic interest and at the same time a distant look on his face.


The Fabric of Reality Games I've Played (Session Tracker)

"Pathfinders preparing. Will wonders never cease?" Zey says as questions are asked.

Li gives him a chiding shake of her head before answering the queries.

“Shadow Orchid is a female elf and a Xun assassin. She once was a notorious assassin of the Golden League, though she’s been retired for over a century. We believe she assassinated Hao Jin—leading to one of the Ruby Phoenix’s many rebirths—several centuries before Hao Jin’s final disappearance, and then absconded with the Abysium Codex. As a Xun, Shadow Orchid may have lived several reincarnated lives prior to this one.”

"The Xun are the tattooed assassins and soldiers of the Golden League—remorseless specialists in murder and intrigue. Their tattoos depict all manner of mythical monsters, and it’s said that when a Xun dies, she immediately reincarnates as the creature painted on her body.”

“Based here in Tian Xia, the Golden League is an ancient and far-reaching organization dedicated to manipulating markets—both legitimate and otherwise—in order to obtain wealth and power. During the Ruby Phoenix Tournament, the Golden League allied itself with the Aspis Consortium in a failed attempt to defeat the Pathfinder Society’s entrants. We have every reason to believe both organizations share the same hatred for the Society, and may still be working together.”


Male Human NG fighter 7, HP 74/74, AC 24, T 15, FF 20, F +8, R +6, W +4(+2 vs fear), Perc +0, Init +7

Duly noted...she is not to be trifled with. I think the chances of a peaceful resolution are near zero...perhaps preparing for a more violent outcome is prudent.[ooc]might be a good idea to stock up on antitoxins...assassins mean poison...[/b]

Scarab Sages

Male N Kitsune that is always in human form (around 25 years, auburn hair, usually silently observing) | Exploiter Wizard 9 | HP 84/84 + 15/15 temp HP| Baahuush Familiar 42/42 HP | AC 21 T 15 FF 17 | CMB +1, CMD 16 | F: +16, R: +15, W: +14 & +1 vs. spells/spell-like ab./poison | Init: +5 | Perc: +14, Dipl: +19, Bluff: +19, SM: +5 | Lesser Rods: Extend 3/3, Piercing 3/3, Intensified 3/3 | Folio Reroll 1/1 | Chaldira Reroll 1/1 | Arcane Reservoir 7/7 | Speed 30ft | Resistances: Elec. 3, Acid 3, Fire 2, Cold 1 | Active c.: Dex +2, Ring Prot +1, m. armor, heroism

“Anything on the locations, the shrine or the tome to add?“ he asks methodically.


Male Human (Shoanti) Bloodrager 7 | HP 74| AC 20/13/19 | Fort+9 Ref+5 Will+6 | Initiative +1; Perception +10

Crowe's large frame is slumped into a chair. He scowls with a face of thunder and does not speak.


The Fabric of Reality Games I've Played (Session Tracker)

Aram picks up the dialogue. "We know little about the Sacred Shrine of Abadar. In fact, as far as we know, Hao Jin is the only person who has ever been inside it. While it exists within the tapestry it does not seem to have a physical representation within it, at least not one we've been able to find."

"The Abysium Codex is a heavy tome with pages made from sheets of hammered abysium, a blue-green skymetal known for its mystical properties. Be cautious, and try to limit direct contact with the book, for abysium has been known to sicken those who have prolonged exposure with the substance.”

Any other questions?

Silver Crusade

NG male human alchemist 9 | HP 66/66 | AC 22 (T 15, FF 19) | P +12, I +3 | F +10 (+12 vs poison), R +12, W +7 | Active Conditions: ant haul | Bombs remaining: 19/19, Fly remaining: 9/9, Clover: 3/3

No other in character questions, but can we go shopping if needed? Based on the description, we may need a bag of holding or something to carry the Codex. If nobody has extra space, Diazepane can buy a handy haversack - he's been getting by using an extract of ant haul every morning, but being able to carry his own weight wouldn't be the end of the world.


The Fabric of Reality Games I've Played (Session Tracker)

You guys have time to go shopping, although the VC's will encourage you to hurry.

I'm excited to see what you guys do when you put the Codex in an other dimensional space. Mwahahahaha! I mean...nothing could go wrong with doing that...

Assuming there are no objections, I'll push us along tomorrow.

Scarab Sages

Male N Kitsune that is always in human form (around 25 years, auburn hair, usually silently observing) | Exploiter Wizard 9 | HP 84/84 + 15/15 temp HP| Baahuush Familiar 42/42 HP | AC 21 T 15 FF 17 | CMB +1, CMD 16 | F: +16, R: +15, W: +14 & +1 vs. spells/spell-like ab./poison | Init: +5 | Perc: +14, Dipl: +19, Bluff: +19, SM: +5 | Lesser Rods: Extend 3/3, Piercing 3/3, Intensified 3/3 | Folio Reroll 1/1 | Chaldira Reroll 1/1 | Arcane Reservoir 7/7 | Speed 30ft | Resistances: Elec. 3, Acid 3, Fire 2, Cold 1 | Active c.: Dex +2, Ring Prot +1, m. armor, heroism

"I am ready to go!" Kioshi says and holds his horned lizard familiar Baahuush.

The Concordance

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Neutral Aquatic Elf Witch 8| HP66/66 | AC18 T12 FF16| CMD 21 | Fort 4 Ref 4 Will 7 | Speed 30/Swim30ft | Initiative +2|Perception: 10 | Profession Herbalism: 16
Prepared Spells:
1st-Long Arm, Comprehend Languages, Shield*2|2nd- Slip Stream *2. See Invisibility|3rd- Heart.Metal, Clairvoyance4th- Control Water, Dimension Door*2|

An elf who looks like he has never known the definition of dry sits nearby, absolutely drenched and soaked. He looks up quietly at the group, and quietly shakes his head in acknowledgment, though he has little to offer but silence. Tattooed on his chest is the number 13 and it reflects like metal. Strapped onto his back is a trident of excellent quality.

Behind him a water elemental shaped like an octopus steps forward on its eight legs. It starts gurgling in aquatic, and afterwards the elf begins to move his lips. The trident glows in response, and a sing-song voice echoes from it.
'Hello friends, the elf is Tofu and I am Ikarus of the Deep Sea. I am the brains of this duo, and he is my pet. Don't mind the set up; it is complicated. At least his weapon will let us be able talk.'

Aquatic:

"Hello friends, the elf is Tofu and I am Ikarus of the Deep Sea. I am the brains of this duo, and he is my pet. Don't mind the set up; it is complicated. At least his weapon will let us be able talk."


The Fabric of Reality Games I've Played (Session Tracker)

The Learned Crane, is a threestory stone building located at the end of a long, twisting alleyway in the heart of Goka. A simple wooden sign over the door has characters written in Tien under a silhouette of a crane standing atop and open book. The shop’s interior walls and floors are made of smooth wooden timbers, and the ceilings are 8 feet high.

Tien:
“Rare Books”

Though adequately illuminated, this bookshop feels gloomy and somewhat claustrophobic. There are many tables holding piles of books and several bookshelves that stretch from floor to ceiling. The entire east wall is a single bookcase, completely filled with books.

An elderly elven woman sits at one desk and rises as you enter while a much younger man sits at another and watches you.

"Welcome to the Learned Crane. How may I help you?" the woman asks with formal politeness.

We're on slide 2. This map is gonna get crowded but place yourselves around. A bigger image of the woman is on slide 1.

Scarab Sages

Male N Kitsune that is always in human form (around 25 years, auburn hair, usually silently observing) | Exploiter Wizard 9 | HP 84/84 + 15/15 temp HP| Baahuush Familiar 42/42 HP | AC 21 T 15 FF 17 | CMB +1, CMD 16 | F: +16, R: +15, W: +14 & +1 vs. spells/spell-like ab./poison | Init: +5 | Perc: +14, Dipl: +19, Bluff: +19, SM: +5 | Lesser Rods: Extend 3/3, Piercing 3/3, Intensified 3/3 | Folio Reroll 1/1 | Chaldira Reroll 1/1 | Arcane Reservoir 7/7 | Speed 30ft | Resistances: Elec. 3, Acid 3, Fire 2, Cold 1 | Active c.: Dex +2, Ring Prot +1, m. armor, heroism

Kioshi enters and bows.

"We appreciate your hospitality. We are here to purchase the Abysium Codex. We heard that it is in your possession." he says softly.

"I assume that you are the Shadow Orchid, an assassin of great renown and we want to show you the right respect. Can you tell us please how we can start negotiations regarding the purchase of the tome?"

diplomacy (convince): 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (11) + 17 = 28

Silver Crusade

NG male human alchemist 9 | HP 66/66 | AC 22 (T 15, FF 19) | P +12, I +3 | F +10 (+12 vs poison), R +12, W +7 | Active Conditions: ant haul | Bombs remaining: 19/19, Fly remaining: 9/9, Clover: 3/3

Diazepane reads the sign with some glee. "Rare books!" He peruses the shelf.

"早安," he greets the woman.

Tien:
"Good morning."

The Concordance

Neutral Aquatic Elf Witch 8| HP66/66 | AC18 T12 FF16| CMD 21 | Fort 4 Ref 4 Will 7 | Speed 30/Swim30ft | Initiative +2|Perception: 10 | Profession Herbalism: 16
Prepared Spells:
1st-Long Arm, Comprehend Languages, Shield*2|2nd- Slip Stream *2. See Invisibility|3rd- Heart.Metal, Clairvoyance4th- Control Water, Dimension Door*2|

The mere mentioning of books gets the water elemental excited, and it smacks the aquatic elf. Tofu goes over and start looking for any interesting pieces.

Dark Archive

Ganzi Dragonic Bloodrager 5/Dragon Disciple 3 | HP 54/81(75/102*) | Resistance (5 Acid, Electricity, Sonic, Fire +10*) |AC 20(*20) +4, T 11 FF 20 |Rage*: 13/15, Quibble 0/1, Spells 1st: 2/2 2nd: 1/1| CMB +12 (14*) (+2 trip), CMD 26 | F: +11/*+14, R: +5, W: +7/*+9 (+2 charm/compulsion) | Init: +1 | Perc: +6, SM: +3, Dipl +10 DV 60'|30ft | Conditions: None

Purchase a potion of ant haul. Boosts Kal's max carry to 2,400 lbs. 4,200 lbs when raging. I will also pick up an antitoxin. Remove fear, protection from evil, and delay poison x2 6x50 = 300gp

Kal quickly turns to the streets to secure a few last minute needs, before reappearing at the lodge. Upon his return, he pauses and smiles at the newcomers, his hair suddenly wafting in perfect breeze.

"I suppose it is time to go. Introductions on the road it will be."
----------------

Kal casually steps into the book store, following behind Kioshi and Diazepane. As the wizard begins to talk, he leans over to the alchemist. [smaller]"I think I may have been a little less... blunt?"[
/smaller]

He steps up beside Kioshi and smiles.
"I am sure that some arrangement could be reached"

Diplo +9, autosuccess for aid


The Fabric of Reality Games I've Played (Session Tracker)

"Ah, you are clearly true collectors if you have even heard of The Abyssium Codex. I do, indeed possess it. It is part of my private collection. Unfortunately, it is not available for sale. I'm sure that I have other folios in my collection that would be of interest to you? How about Cooke's Unearthed Arcana? Or a Manual of Monstrosities? Or Tien Adventures? I have several books pertaining to Forgotten Realms..." Shadow Orchid replies to the rather blunt wizard. She does not seem offended in the least though her polite smile lasts for only a moment before her expression reverts to severe neutrality.

Scarab Sages

Male N Kitsune that is always in human form (around 25 years, auburn hair, usually silently observing) | Exploiter Wizard 9 | HP 84/84 + 15/15 temp HP| Baahuush Familiar 42/42 HP | AC 21 T 15 FF 17 | CMB +1, CMD 16 | F: +16, R: +15, W: +14 & +1 vs. spells/spell-like ab./poison | Init: +5 | Perc: +14, Dipl: +19, Bluff: +19, SM: +5 | Lesser Rods: Extend 3/3, Piercing 3/3, Intensified 3/3 | Folio Reroll 1/1 | Chaldira Reroll 1/1 | Arcane Reservoir 7/7 | Speed 30ft | Resistances: Elec. 3, Acid 3, Fire 2, Cold 1 | Active c.: Dex +2, Ring Prot +1, m. armor, heroism

Kioshi looks and Diazepane and clearly seems confused.

He then points Kal.

“I think you do not understand. As my Ganzi companion here indicated, an arrangement has to be found. Money? Secrets? You have to traffic in some currency?!?“ he asks.

Any way we can influence her or is this supposed to be a murder hobo Pathfinder mission?! :-)


Male Human (Shoanti) Bloodrager 7 | HP 74| AC 20/13/19 | Fort+9 Ref+5 Will+6 | Initiative +1; Perception +10

Crowe approaches the younger man and puts his hand out, "Crowe."


Male Human NG fighter 7, HP 74/74, AC 24, T 15, FF 20, F +8, R +6, W +4(+2 vs fear), Perc +0, Init +7

Valeros looks around the shelves as the others with a more diplomatic demeanour negotiate with the proprietor. He makes his way around the shop, looking for books that would make a Caydenite or Calistrian blush.

Silver Crusade

NG male human alchemist 9 | HP 66/66 | AC 22 (T 15, FF 19) | P +12, I +3 | F +10 (+12 vs poison), R +12, W +7 | Active Conditions: ant haul | Bombs remaining: 19/19, Fly remaining: 9/9, Clover: 3/3
EbonFist wrote:
"Unfortunately, it is not available for sale. I'm sure that I have other folios in my collection that would be of interest to you? How about Cooke's Unearthed Arcana? Or a Manual of Monstrosities? Or Tien Adventures? I have several books pertaining to Forgotten Realms..."

"All three of those sound incredibly interesting, but unfortunately, our charge is for the Codex. Is there perhaps some way that we could earn it from you, by performing a favor of proportional magnitude?"


The Fabric of Reality Games I've Played (Session Tracker)

"The Abyssium Codex is not for sale, trade or barter. Feel free to look around my shop for any other titles you might be interested in, but if no other book will do, I fear you have wasted a trip," Shadow Orchid placidly replies.

There actually isn't any diplomatic, economic or fetch quest option for convincing her to give up the book.

Dark Archive

Ganzi Dragonic Bloodrager 5/Dragon Disciple 3 | HP 54/81(75/102*) | Resistance (5 Acid, Electricity, Sonic, Fire +10*) |AC 20(*20) +4, T 11 FF 20 |Rage*: 13/15, Quibble 0/1, Spells 1st: 2/2 2nd: 1/1| CMB +12 (14*) (+2 trip), CMD 26 | F: +11/*+14, R: +5, W: +7/*+9 (+2 charm/compulsion) | Init: +1 | Perc: +6, SM: +3, Dipl +10 DV 60'|30ft | Conditions: None

It's definitely too early to murderhobo, right?

Scarab Sages

Male N Kitsune that is always in human form (around 25 years, auburn hair, usually silently observing) | Exploiter Wizard 9 | HP 84/84 + 15/15 temp HP| Baahuush Familiar 42/42 HP | AC 21 T 15 FF 17 | CMB +1, CMD 16 | F: +16, R: +15, W: +14 & +1 vs. spells/spell-like ab./poison | Init: +5 | Perc: +14, Dipl: +19, Bluff: +19, SM: +5 | Lesser Rods: Extend 3/3, Piercing 3/3, Intensified 3/3 | Folio Reroll 1/1 | Chaldira Reroll 1/1 | Arcane Reservoir 7/7 | Speed 30ft | Resistances: Elec. 3, Acid 3, Fire 2, Cold 1 | Active c.: Dex +2, Ring Prot +1, m. armor, heroism

Kioshi knows what that means and immediately casts a snowball spell on the elven assassin.

snowball : 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (20) + 7 = 275d6 ⇒ (2, 2, 3, 5, 2) = 14
Crit? snowball : 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (14) + 7 = 215d6 ⇒ (1, 2, 6, 4, 3) = 16

The Concordance

Neutral Aquatic Elf Witch 8| HP66/66 | AC18 T12 FF16| CMD 21 | Fort 4 Ref 4 Will 7 | Speed 30/Swim30ft | Initiative +2|Perception: 10 | Profession Herbalism: 16
Prepared Spells:
1st-Long Arm, Comprehend Languages, Shield*2|2nd- Slip Stream *2. See Invisibility|3rd- Heart.Metal, Clairvoyance4th- Control Water, Dimension Door*2|

The elf looks at Shadow Orchid, before the trident hums his whispered words.
Would you know where else to find a copy?

Posted that a bit late!


The Fabric of Reality Games I've Played (Session Tracker)

Murderhobo or Railroad?:
Init Diazepane: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (11) + 3 = 14
Init Kioshi: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8
Init Tofu: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6
Init Kal’Ryon: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 1 = 13
Init Valeros: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (1) + 7 = 8
Init Crowe: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 1 = 18
Shadow Orchid: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9
Assassin: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (9) + 7 = 16
Chemsek: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (12) + 5 = 17

Kioshi decides it's a boring conversation, anyway and splats Shadow Orchid right in the face with a snowball with a solid ice core.

It leaves her nose bloody and her lip split but far from unconscious. Fairly impressive for a slender old lady.

Both she and the other assassin...I mean, her assistant, jump into action.

Round 1 the Bold may act.
Everyone who doesn't have a token on the page go ahead and pile in. I'm looking forward to watching Diazepane toss bombs in this place.
Crowe
Assassin
Diazepane
Kal'Ryon
Shadow Orchid -30HP
Valeros
Kioshi
Tofu

Silver Crusade

NG male human alchemist 9 | HP 66/66 | AC 22 (T 15, FF 19) | P +12, I +3 | F +10 (+12 vs poison), R +12, W +7 | Active Conditions: ant haul | Bombs remaining: 19/19, Fly remaining: 9/9, Clover: 3/3

"HEY, WHOA WHOA WHOA ... watch the books. Don't hurt the books!"


Male Human (Shoanti) Bloodrager 7 | HP 74| AC 20/13/19 | Fort+9 Ref+5 Will+6 | Initiative +1; Perception +10

Crowe was offering a handshake. It looks like that places him in the hot seat, where he likes to be.

Crowe sees the chunk of ice flow through the air, he sees the bodies around him tense, begin to move. He knows this moment too well, it is the slight change in pressure before that first rumble of thunder, it is the impending storm, it is where he belongs.

His mind fills with thunder, lightning flashes in his eyes, the storm is Crowe.
Raging

Crowe draws his earthbreaker and brings it down in an arc towards the famed assassin.
Using elemental strikes for an extra 1d6 lightning damage
power attack, furious focus: 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (15) + 18 = 33
damage: 2d6 + 19 ⇒ (6, 5) + 19 = 30
lightning damage: 1d6 ⇒ 3


The Fabric of Reality Games I've Played (Session Tracker)

Crowe joins in on the elder abuse with his earthbreaker. His attack hits though the mighty impact is still not enough to down Shadow Orchid.

There is the sound of loud footsteps on the stairs behind the party and Diazepane finds himself in the unenviable position of being surrounded by assassins...I mean assistants.

Fortunately, they hope to eliminate multiple members of the party at once so they divide their attentions between him and tofu.

Yellow kukri vs. Tofu: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (8) + 10 = 18
slashing plus SA: 1d4 + 4 + 1d6 ⇒ (2) + 4 + (5) = 11

Blue kukri vs. Tofu: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (20) + 10 = 30
slashing plus SA: 1d4 + 4 + 1d6 ⇒ (4) + 4 + (1) = 9

Blue Crit kukri vs. Tofu: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (15) + 10 = 25
slashing: 1d4 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7

Red kukri vs. Diazepane: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (16) + 10 = 26
slashing plus SA: 1d4 + 4 + 1d6 ⇒ (3) + 4 + (1) = 8

Purple kukri vs. Diazepane: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (13) + 10 = 23
slashing plus SA: 1d4 + 4 + 1d6 ⇒ (3) + 4 + (1) = 8

All four land hits and cut the pathfinders up pretty good, one of them getting something critical on Tofu.

Round 1 the Bold may act.
Everyone who doesn't have a token on the page go ahead and pile in. I'm looking forward to watching Diazepane toss bombs in this place.
Crowe
Assassins
Diazepane -16HP
Kal'Ryon

Shadow Orchid -63HP
Valeros
Kioshi
Tofu - 27HP

Silver Crusade

NG male human alchemist 9 | HP 66/66 | AC 22 (T 15, FF 19) | P +12, I +3 | F +10 (+12 vs poison), R +12, W +7 | Active Conditions: ant haul | Bombs remaining: 19/19, Fly remaining: 9/9, Clover: 3/3

I'm having a little trouble knowing who is who here. I see, from top left to bottom right, Kioshi, Deep Tofu, Diazepane, Kal'Ryon, Crowe, unknown (Goran?). There's a PC-looking character at the top (yellow outline). Is that Spackle (or TriShadow's character)? I see the Shadow Orchid at the bottom, and two assistissans outlined in magenta at the top right. Don't worry, bombs will be thrown, I just want to make sure they hit the right people.


The Fabric of Reality Games I've Played (Session Tracker)

I made the borders bolder for the NPC (except Shadow Orchid, whom I believe you guys can all identify. The assastants' colors are Yellow, Red, Magenta and Blue. They are the four tokens around Diazepane except for Tofu, who is to the left. I think the only logical thing for Diazepane to do is target himself and let the splash get everyone else.

Silver Crusade

NG male human alchemist 9 | HP 66/66 | AC 22 (T 15, FF 19) | P +12, I +3 | F +10 (+12 vs poison), R +12, W +7 | Active Conditions: ant haul | Bombs remaining: 19/19, Fly remaining: 9/9, Clover: 3/3

There are only 5 PCs?

Diazepane tries to remember whether these guys might be resistant to cold or fire.

Knowledge: 1d20 ⇒ 3 Arcana and Nature +19, Local and Planes +16, the rest +9

Diazepane steps back, and flips a bottle of some icy liquid (firey liquid if Diazepane knows they're resistant to cold) at Pink. This provokes from Yellow.

Frost Bomb, TWF, PBS: 1d20 + 10 - 2 + 1 ⇒ (20) + 10 - 2 + 1 = 29 vs touch
Cold, PBS: 4d6 + 7 + 1 ⇒ (5, 2, 3, 5) + 7 + 1 = 23 plus DC 22 vs staggered
Miss?: 1d8 ⇒ 6 => hits
Yellow, Red, Pink, and Blue all take 12 cold splash, DC 22 Reflex for half. Extending the splash with SWM to include the Shadow Orchid.
Confirm: 1d20 + 10 - 2 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 10 - 2 + 1 = 14
Just a quick reminder that on a crit, only 1d6 damage gets added.

If Pink is staggered, second one goes to Red; otherwise, Pink again.

Frost Bomb, TWF, PBS: 1d20 + 10 - 2 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 10 - 2 + 1 = 25 vs touch
Cold, PBS: 4d6 + 7 + 1 ⇒ (2, 4, 6, 4) + 7 + 1 = 24 plus DC 22 vs staggered
Miss?: 1d8 ⇒ 8 => southwest of intended target, using SWM to bump it to straight south (1d8 = 7). If Pink was targeted, and it hit, Yellow, Red, Blue, and Shadow Orchid take splash. If Pink was targeted and it misses, Pink and Blue take splash. If Red was targeted, and it hit, Yellow, Pink and Blue take splash. If Red was targeted, and it missed, Yellow, Red, Pink and Blue take splash.

If Pink is staggered, third one goes to Red. If Pink and Red are both staggered, then third goes to Yellow.

Frost Bomb, iterative, PBS: 1d20 + 5 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 5 + 1 = 17 vs touch minus cover if vs Red
Cold, PBS: 4d6 + 7 + 1 ⇒ (1, 2, 1, 4) + 7 + 1 = 16 plus DC 22 vs staggered
Miss?: 1d8 ⇒ 8 => southwest of intended target, using SWM to bump it to straight south (1d8 = 7). If Yellow was targeted and it hits, exclude Deep Tofu from the splash zone (Precise Bombs) and extend the splash to Blue. If Yellow was targeted and that missed ... sorry guys, Yellow, Red, Pink, and Blue all take splash, and also Crowe and Deep Tofu! :( Hopefully someone made their Fort save, which means Yellow wasn't targeted.

The Concordance

Neutral Aquatic Elf Witch 8| HP66/66 | AC18 T12 FF16| CMD 21 | Fort 4 Ref 4 Will 7 | Speed 30/Swim30ft | Initiative +2|Perception: 10 | Profession Herbalism: 16
Prepared Spells:
1st-Long Arm, Comprehend Languages, Shield*2|2nd- Slip Stream *2. See Invisibility|3rd- Heart.Metal, Clairvoyance4th- Control Water, Dimension Door*2|

Ouch.

Dark Archive

Ganzi Dragonic Bloodrager 5/Dragon Disciple 3 | HP 54/81(75/102*) | Resistance (5 Acid, Electricity, Sonic, Fire +10*) |AC 20(*20) +4, T 11 FF 20 |Rage*: 13/15, Quibble 0/1, Spells 1st: 2/2 2nd: 1/1| CMB +12 (14*) (+2 trip), CMD 26 | F: +11/*+14, R: +5, W: +7/*+9 (+2 charm/compulsion) | Init: +1 | Perc: +6, SM: +3, Dipl +10 DV 60'|30ft | Conditions: None

The blasts of fire/ice echo throughout the space, and Kal simply smiles at the "shop keeper".

"Wrong Choice, Miss"

His hair begins to blow in a torrent of nonexistent wind and motes of energy leap from his skin and clothing. Looking back at him now, it is almost as if his teeth have lengthened and the dark black fingernails have elongated. Almost if.

He leaps at the assassin, claws first.

Free: Rage. Swift: Arcane Strike. Full Round attack. Trip attack with claws until successful (improved trip), then damage after.

Claw #1, Trip, PA: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (3) + 16 = 19

Claw #2, PA: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (9) + 15 = 24 +1 if a trip attack.+4 if prone Damage: 1d6 + 17 ⇒ (5) + 17 = 22 No damage if a trip

Bite, PA: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (18) + 15 = 33 +4 if prone Damage: 1d6 + 24 ⇒ (4) + 24 = 28


The Fabric of Reality Games I've Played (Session Tracker)

Diazepane realizes from their clothing and movements that these are mid level Xun assassins. Deadly in their way but as vulnerable to heat and cold as any other ordinary human.

Fort Save: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (19) + 6 = 25

Fort Save: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (13) + 6 = 19

Fort Save: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (18) + 6 = 24

Diazepane tosses a bomb at Pink, then another when the first does not have the intended consequences. The second leaves the man lurching and the alchemist changes targets. The third bomb hits the red assassin and the splash from it is enough to down the pink one.

Refl Save 1 Yellow: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (4) + 8 = 12

Refl Save 1 Red: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (9) + 8 = 17

Refl Save 1 Blue: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (7) + 8 = 15

Refl Save 2 Yellow: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (14) + 8 = 22

Refl Save 2 Red: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (15) + 8 = 23

Refl Save 2 Blue: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (7) + 8 = 15

Refl Save 3 Yellow: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (1) + 8 = 9

Shadow Orchid deftly avoids all of Kal'Ryon's attempts to trip her but his bite leaves her staggered and bleeding.

She does not return his blow but rather directs her ire at Crowe.

unarmed strike: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (15) + 16 = 31
Blunt: 1d8 ⇒ 8

Her strike is stunning in its effectiveness.

Round 1/2 the Bold may act.
Everyone who doesn't have a token on the page go ahead and pile in. 6 people actually checked in (Kyle never decided on a character.) Valeros please place yourself on the map.
Crowe -8HP DC23 Fort Save or Stunned for 1 Round
Assassins Pink-down, Yellow -31HP, Red -34, Blue -24
Diazepane -16HP
Kal'Ryon
Shadow Orchid -91HP
Valeros
Kioshi
Tofu - 27HP


Male Human NG fighter 7, HP 74/74, AC 24, T 15, FF 20, F +8, R +6, W +4(+2 vs fear), Perc +0, Init +7

I'm on my phone right now...can't add my token...just relized it wasn't on the map...can someone move me in and i'll full attack the closest assassin...if I can 5 ft step and attack Xun i will...rolling the attacks now

Valeros darts forward and slashes away with his blades.

long1: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (5) + 13 = 181d8 + 9 ⇒ (4) + 9 = 13
long2: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (12) + 8 = 201d8 + 9 ⇒ (5) + 9 = 14
short: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (9) + 10 = 191d6 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8


Male Human (Shoanti) Bloodrager 7 | HP 74| AC 20/13/19 | Fort+9 Ref+5 Will+6 | Initiative +1; Perception +10

fort: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (5) + 9 = 14


The Fabric of Reality Games I've Played (Session Tracker)

Valeros finishes the work Crowe and Kal'Ryon started, the three burly young men doing a fine job of beating up a frail old woman.

She did get at least one good blow in and Crowe stands stunned, dropping his earthbreaker at his feet.

Round 1/2 the Bold may act.
Crowe -8HP Stunned for 1 Round
Assassins Pink-down, Yellow -31HP, Red -34, Blue -24
Diazepane -16HP
Kal'Ryon
Shadow Orchid -91HP down
Valeros
Kioshi
Tofu - 27HP

The Concordance

Neutral Aquatic Elf Witch 8| HP66/66 | AC18 T12 FF16| CMD 21 | Fort 4 Ref 4 Will 7 | Speed 30/Swim30ft | Initiative +2|Perception: 10 | Profession Herbalism: 16
Prepared Spells:
1st-Long Arm, Comprehend Languages, Shield*2|2nd- Slip Stream *2. See Invisibility|3rd- Heart.Metal, Clairvoyance4th- Control Water, Dimension Door*2|

Tofu retaliates, thrusting his trident right into the yellow assassin in hopes of creating an escape route from the precarious position.

Attack Roll; +2 Singing Trident: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (9) + 12 = 21
Damage Roll; +2 Singing Trident + Arcane Strike: 1d8 + 11 ⇒ (2) + 11 = 13

Not a lot of choices here. Big mistake on my part not anticipating combat happening that swiftly, otherwise I would have casted my buffs beforehand.

Scarab Sages

Male N Kitsune that is always in human form (around 25 years, auburn hair, usually silently observing) | Exploiter Wizard 9 | HP 84/84 + 15/15 temp HP| Baahuush Familiar 42/42 HP | AC 21 T 15 FF 17 | CMB +1, CMD 16 | F: +16, R: +15, W: +14 & +1 vs. spells/spell-like ab./poison | Init: +5 | Perc: +14, Dipl: +19, Bluff: +19, SM: +5 | Lesser Rods: Extend 3/3, Piercing 3/3, Intensified 3/3 | Folio Reroll 1/1 | Chaldira Reroll 1/1 | Arcane Reservoir 7/7 | Speed 30ft | Resistances: Elec. 3, Acid 3, Fire 2, Cold 1 | Active c.: Dex +2, Ring Prot +1, m. armor, heroism

Kioshi looks at the combat and waits.

Delay


The Fabric of Reality Games I've Played (Session Tracker)

Tofu manages to stick one of the pigs with his poky, doing respectable damage but not taking the man down.

The Pathfinders are facing trained assassins who know when there is blood in the water. They move carefully to surround Crowe and lay into him while he is unable to defend himself.

Yellow kukri vs. Crowe: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (13) + 10 = 23
slashing plus SA: 1d4 + 4 + 1d6 ⇒ (4) + 4 + (3) = 11

Blue kukri vs. Crowe: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (12) + 10 = 22
slashing plus SA: 1d4 + 4 + 1d6 ⇒ (2) + 4 + (2) = 8

Red kukri vs. Crowe: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (19) + 10 = 29
slashing plus SA: 1d4 + 4 + 1d6 ⇒ (1) + 4 + (4) = 9

Red Crit kukri vs. Crowe: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (20) + 10 = 30
slashing: 1d4 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6

All three manage to hit him and one of them knicks a vein.

Round 2 the Bold may act.
Crowe -42HP
Assassins Pink-down, Yellow -31HP, Red -34, Blue -24
Diazepane -16HP
Kal'Ryon
Valeros
Kioshi
Tofu - 27HP


Male Human NG fighter 7, HP 74/74, AC 24, T 15, FF 20, F +8, R +6, W +4(+2 vs fear), Perc +0, Init +7

Valeros tries to eliminate some of Crowe's attackers.

5 ft step, starting on blue, if he falls, switch to red...please and thank you.

long1: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (16) + 13 = 291d8 + 9 ⇒ (6) + 9 = 15
short: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (1) + 10 = 111d6 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11
long2: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (5) + 8 = 131d8 + 9 ⇒ (4) + 9 = 13

Dark Archive

Ganzi Dragonic Bloodrager 5/Dragon Disciple 3 | HP 54/81(75/102*) | Resistance (5 Acid, Electricity, Sonic, Fire +10*) |AC 20(*20) +4, T 11 FF 20 |Rage*: 13/15, Quibble 0/1, Spells 1st: 2/2 2nd: 1/1| CMB +12 (14*) (+2 trip), CMD 26 | F: +11/*+14, R: +5, W: +7/*+9 (+2 charm/compulsion) | Init: +1 | Perc: +6, SM: +3, Dipl +10 DV 60'|30ft | Conditions: None

The shopkeeper having fallen, Kal turns his handsome physique against the blue assassin. He rips with his claws, before stepping into his space to attack red.

[ooc]If blue falls, he will 5ft step and continue the attack on red[ooc]

Claw #1, PA: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (15) + 15 = 30
Damage: 1d6 + 17 ⇒ (5) + 17 = 22

Claw #2, PA: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (3) + 15 = 18
Damage: 1d6 + 17 ⇒ (5) + 17 = 22

Bite, PA: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (10) + 15 = 25
Damage: 1d6 + 24 ⇒ (3) + 24 = 27

The Concordance

Neutral Aquatic Elf Witch 8| HP66/66 | AC18 T12 FF16| CMD 21 | Fort 4 Ref 4 Will 7 | Speed 30/Swim30ft | Initiative +2|Perception: 10 | Profession Herbalism: 16
Prepared Spells:
1st-Long Arm, Comprehend Languages, Shield*2|2nd- Slip Stream *2. See Invisibility|3rd- Heart.Metal, Clairvoyance4th- Control Water, Dimension Door*2|

Crowe want some healing now or want me to save the Cure Hex for later? It is 2d8+8 and I get it once per person/day.

1 to 50 of 235 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Ebon Fist's #4-16 The Fabric of Reality All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.