GM Blake's PF2 Extinction Curse Campaign

Game Master Blake's Tiger

Rogue's Gallery | Player's Notes | Macros | Circus Actions | Maps
Loot Tracker | Next Show: +7 excitement
Hero Points | Downtime


3,201 to 3,250 of 3,319 << first < prev | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | next > last >>

N Badger Animal Companion 6 HP: 62/62 | AC: 21 | F: +13, R: +13, W: +13 | Perc: +13 | Stealth: +11 | Speed: 25 ft. / Burrow 10 ft. / Climb 10 ft. | Senses: Low-Light Vision, Scent (30 ft.; imprecise) | Active Conditions:

Snowy scampers after Clover, eager to eat some toes...
______________

◆◆ Stride x2


Male Iruxi NG Cleric of Kurgess 6 | HP 68/68 | AC 22 (24 w/ shield raised) | Shield 64/64| F +11 R +8 W +14 | Font 3/4| Focus 0/1 | Exploration: Defend | Conditions:

Rulean's Will (E) vs DC 24: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (4) + 14 = 18 I hate drained…
Rulean's Will (E) vs DC 24: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (5) + 14 = 19 I suppose that is better, just not better enough.

Much of the color drains from Rulean’s scales as the priestly haunt appears.


3 people marked this as a favorite.
Male Half-Orc Wizard (Universalist) 6 | 25’ | HP: 562/62 | AC: 23 (Mage armor; 24 w/shield) | Perc: +12 (E) | F: +11 R: +13 W: +12 | Exploration: Investigate | Spells Avail. | Spell Macros | Status: Mage Armor

Religion (T): 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (3) + 10 = 13

Ephie's eyes roll back and he chatters in Mr. Splinters' voice as his mind fails to find a compelling bit of trivia, but his doll does.

I WAS ALIVE IN A ANOTHER FORM, WHEN THE LAST OF THE FIRST HUMANS WALKED THE EARTH. PRAISE ARODEN.

Religion (T), Hero Point: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (13) + 10 = 23


3 people marked this as a favorite.
Friendly Ventriloquist Dummy | HP 30/30 | F: +11 R: +13 W: +12 | 25' | AC 22

…AND I WANT BE HERE WHEN THE LAST OF THE LAST FALL. LAUGHING.


M Skyborn Tengu Monk 6 | HP 78/78 | AC 25 | F +12 R +14 W +14 | Perc +14(E) | Acr/Md+15, Nat+14(E) | Rel/Srv/Thv+12 | Ath/C.Lore/Soc+9 | 35 Speed | Active Conditions: None | Monastic Archery Stance: Active | Focus Points/Pool 1/1 |First Aid Gloves 1/1

Fortitude: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (2) + 12 = 14

Religion (Sickened) to 'be an Arodenite': 1d20 + 12 - 1 ⇒ (1) + 12 - 1 = 12 Hero Point

Religion (Sickened) to 'be an Arodenite': 1d20 + 12 - 1 ⇒ (19) + 12 - 1 = 30

Stride, Attempt to Disable Haunt

Despite being sickened by the nasty aromas, Leaf-On-Wind focuses on addressing the spiritual remnants, recalling some reading from when he was younger and considering a 'long con' to bilk a few Arodenites out of their life savings. When the paucity of their resources was indicated, he decided better about it.

While desperate for money, the acrobat-medic was not heartless...

"....*wheeeze* *glrrk* ...the Last Azlanti did walk the world, not as a *cough* rich merchant, fisher, nor scholar. Nor as *cough* a thief. So He *hackhackhack* treat with beggars that came before him with nothing to their name save their name for He too walked that *coughcough* begging path..."


| Extinction | url= |

Bot:

◈ Inspire Courage
Short bow+I.C.: 1d20 + 12 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 12 + 1 + 1 = 25
Piercing damage: 2d6 + 1 ⇒ (4, 2) + 1 = 7
Short bow shot 2+I.C.: 1d20 + 12 + 1 + 1 - 5 ⇒ (3) + 12 + 1 + 1 - 5 = 12
Piercing damage: 2d6 + 1 ⇒ (5, 4) + 1 = 10

Song-of-Air-bot continues to inspire you with her jaunty dancing that shows you that she has not doubt who will be the victors. She plants an arrow into the gaunt xulgath's upper chest, and the troglodyte coughs out a bit of blood.

Mr. Splinters--or Ephriam, it is unclear who--fails to catch the angered spirits' attention. However, the haunting spirit stares raptly at Leaf-on-Wind as he approaches. Listening to the failure recitation, the spirits disperse. For now.

The xulgath, who gives no sign that he has understood any of your words, spits out a foul string of demonic invectives at Rulean. Then he concentrates on the spiritual manifestation of his deity to continue to punch at Song-of-Air's face. The tengu continues to dodge.

Unholy Rite! Round 5. Bold may act.

Environment: - -

Effects: Blue Aura: Circle of Protection (+1 status bonus to AC, saves)
Inspire Courage 1 round

Battle Map

Stench within 30 ft of gaunt xulgath (DC 22):
Stench (aura, olfactory) 30 feet. A creature that enters the aura must attempt a DC 21/22 Fortitude save. On a failure, the creature is sickened 1, and on a critical failure, the creature also takes a –5-foot status penalty to its Speeds for 1 round. While within the aura, the creature takes a –2 circumstance penalty to saves to recover from the sickened condition. A creature that succeeds at its save is temporarily immune to all xulgaths’ stench for 1 minute.

Rulean (45/56 68) (immune to stench, -13/32 BT) (drained 2) (Fortitude DC 24 vs. Blindness)
Leaf-on-Wind (78/78)
Ephraim (62/62) (immune to stench)
Song-of-Air (50/60) (immune to stench)
Clover (90/90) (fast healing 3, quickened 1) (immune to stench)
>Snowy (45/48) (immune to stench)
Chani (63/68) (immune to stench)
Gaunt Xulgath (-76 hp) (personal antithesis vs. Chani)

Blindness (Fortitude DC 24):

Critical Success The target is unaffected.
Success The target is blinded until its next turn begins.
Failure The target is blinded for 1 minute.
Critical Failure The target is blinded permanently.

GM Screen:

SW: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (6) + 16 = 22


NG Male Catfolk Thaumaturge Scout 6 | HP 68 | AC 24 | Fort +12; Ref +14; Will +12; | Perception +12 low-light vision | Speed 35 | Class DC 22 | Exploration (Scout) | Personal Antithesis = weakness 5

Chani looks in concern as Rulean flinches from the theological assault. "Stop hurting my friends," he growls softly. He punctuates the words with crossbow quarrels.

Hand Crossbow Strike, Inspire: 1d20 + 15 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 15 + 1 = 20
Hand Crossbow Strike, Inspire: 1d20 + 15 + 1 - 5 ⇒ (6) + 15 + 1 - 5 = 17

I doubt either of those hit.

◆ Strike, ◆ Reload, ◆Strike


Male Iruxi NG Cleric of Kurgess 6 | HP 68/68 | AC 22 (24 w/ shield raised) | Shield 64/64| F +11 R +8 W +14 | Font 3/4| Focus 0/1 | Exploration: Defend | Conditions:

Rulean's Fortitude (E), Drained 2: 1d20 + 11 - 2 ⇒ (1) + 11 - 2 = 10

Everything goes dark for Rulean. He uses his shield to feel along the wall and moves away from the xulgath. Although he can’t see, he knows where his vitals are and raises his shield to try and protect himself. Then he sheaths his pick.

Tell me if it moves out of that alcove.


NG Female Halfling Ranger (Animal Trainer) 6 HP: 75/90 | AC: 24 | F: +13, R: +13, W: +13 | Perc: +13 | Stealth: +3 | Hero Points: 0 | Speed: 25 ft. | Senses: Keen Eyes (Halfling) | Focus Points: 2/2 | Active Conditions:

"Oh no, enough of that!" Clover cries, able to guess that the xulgath has done something to Rulean's sight. "Snowy, bite his kneecaps off!" She strikes twice at the thin xulgath...

Strike (Fork; IC): 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (14) + 14 = 28
Damage (P): 2d8 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (3, 8) + 3 + 1 = 15

Strike (Fork; IC): 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (20) + 9 = 29
Damage (P): 2d8 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (6, 8) + 3 + 1 = 18
______________

◆ Command Animal
◆ Strike
◆ Strike


N Badger Animal Companion 6 HP: 62/62 | AC: 21 | F: +13, R: +13, W: +13 | Perc: +13 | Stealth: +11 | Speed: 25 ft. / Burrow 10 ft. / Climb 10 ft. | Senses: Low-Light Vision, Scent (30 ft.; imprecise) | Active Conditions:

Snowy gleefully scampers past Clover and tries to eat some knees!

Strike (Jaws; IC): 1d20 + 11 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 11 + 1 = 18
Damage (P): 2d8 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (7, 5) + 3 + 1 = 16
______________

◆ Stride
◆ Strike


NG Male Catfolk Thaumaturge Scout 6 | HP 68 | AC 24 | Fort +12; Ref +14; Will +12; | Perception +12 low-light vision | Speed 35 | Class DC 22 | Exploration (Scout) | Personal Antithesis = weakness 5
Rulean wrote:
Tell me if it moves out of that alcove.

A bit frustrated at his lack of proper aim, Chani's disappointment is short-lived as he watches Clover take down the xulgath.

"I don't think he will be moving anywhere any more unless we are the ones doing the moving of him." Chani looks over at Rulean with concern. "You don't look like you are doing well."


Male Iruxi NG Cleric of Kurgess 6 | HP 68/68 | AC 22 (24 w/ shield raised) | Shield 64/64| F +11 R +8 W +14 | Font 3/4| Focus 0/1 | Exploration: Defend | Conditions:

I’ve felt better. At the moment, I am unable to see. If it is the curse I think it is, that should pass in about a minute.

Keeping one hand on the wall, he admits “It does interfere with my searching the area. Any idea what they were trying to do?


| Extinction | url= |

The xulgath priest lies in a pool of its own blood. The delicate silver circlet strapped onto his head is clearly not of xulgath make. It is set with cracked moonstones. A crude stone amulet hands around his neck with a sigil carved into it (see slides).

The spirits near the pulpit are quiet for now, and you can find a set of Arodenite prayer beads, a leather scroll case with a scroll inside, and a leather-bound book that, upon quick skimming, appears to detail various Arodenite rites and prayers and is in surprisingly good condition. Shortly after finding these and determining that the beads are magical, Ruelan realizes that the blindness is persisting longer than he hoped.

Original Room Description wrote:

A glorious fresco on the curved wall behind the dais depicts Aroden engaging in several tasks: battling an imperious necromancer, raising a pair of islands from the sea, and standing atop a mountain with his hands outstretched, wreathed in blue flames.

Hideous images scrawled in tar and old blood painted over the fresco tell a vastly different story. A reptilian humanoid climbs a tunnel from the depths to the surface in one scene. In the next, he reaches out to snatch an orb from a tower drawn on one of the islands, then crushes the orb in his fist. This image repeats four times in slightly different‑looking towers, followed by a final scene of dead trees and skulls around the mountain.

Examining the room in detail, you find that the xulgath have also painted Draconic words in tar and blood. The same word is scrawled on Aroden's face everywhere he appears on the walls.

Draconic:
"Sarvel Ever-Hunger" is scrawled beneath the drawing of the reptilian humanoid. "Orb" is scrawled under the images of the orbs. "Vengeance" over the scene of the dead trees and skulls.

Over every representation of Aroden in the original fresco, the word "Thief" has been scrawled.

Loot:

Silver diadem (40 gp)
Arodenite Prayer Book (75 gp)
Scroll of Heroism
Standard Holy Prayer Beads (magic item)


Male Iruxi NG Cleric of Kurgess 6 | HP 68/68 | AC 22 (24 w/ shield raised) | Shield 64/64| F +11 R +8 W +14 | Font 3/4| Focus 0/1 | Exploration: Defend | Conditions:

After about a minute, Rulean says “It seems this affliction is more severe than I expected. I still can’t see. If this persists until tomorrow, I will need to call on the blessings of Kurgess to restore my sight.


Male Half-Orc Wizard (Universalist) 6 | 25’ | HP: 562/62 | AC: 23 (Mage armor; 24 w/shield) | Perc: +12 (E) | F: +11 R: +13 W: +12 | Exploration: Investigate | Spells Avail. | Spell Macros | Status: Mage Armor

level 2 dispel to counteract: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (9) + 12 = 21

If that doesn’t work he will use universalists drain for level 2 spells: dc was 24 level 3 so this fails unless I am misremembering

drain:
level 2 dispel to counteract: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (9) + 12 = 21


| Extinction | url= |

Ephie finds his magic ineffective in restoring Rulean's sight.


NG Female Halfling Ranger (Animal Trainer) 6 HP: 75/90 | AC: 24 | F: +13, R: +13, W: +13 | Perc: +13 | Stealth: +3 | Hero Points: 0 | Speed: 25 ft. | Senses: Keen Eyes (Halfling) | Focus Points: 2/2 | Active Conditions:

"Should we head back to the surface and visit a temple?" Clover asks anxiously as Ephie tries to clear Rulean's affliction. "We're near enough that it shouldn't take too long and it'd definitely be safer."


NG Male Catfolk Thaumaturge Scout 6 | HP 68 | AC 24 | Fort +12; Ref +14; Will +12; | Perception +12 low-light vision | Speed 35 | Class DC 22 | Exploration (Scout) | Personal Antithesis = weakness 5

"It would certainly be safer. I would prefer that."


Male Iruxi NG Cleric of Kurgess 6 | HP 68/68 | AC 22 (24 w/ shield raised) | Shield 64/64| F +11 R +8 W +14 | Font 3/4| Focus 0/1 | Exploration: Defend | Conditions:

When Ephie tries to fix his sight with Dispel Magic, Rulean mentions “That probably will not work. I know what blessing I would use to remove this affliction. Once the curse has taken effect, there is no magic to maintain it.

If we have everything here, we can certainly try finding a priest to heal me. If we can find one, it shouldn’t be too expensive.

Standard rate would be 7 gp per try. The Drained condition is much more expensive at 40 gp per casting.


| Extinction | url= |

Finding the prospects of exploring the ruins while Rulean is sightless to be too dangerous, you retreat from the ruins and guide the iruxi back along the tunnel and carefully up the sinkhole.

Where you going to find a priest and head back down, find a priest and rest for the night, or rest for the night and have the healer heal himself?


Male Iruxi NG Cleric of Kurgess 6 | HP 68/68 | AC 22 (24 w/ shield raised) | Shield 64/64| F +11 R +8 W +14 | Font 3/4| Focus 0/1 | Exploration: Defend | Conditions:

This is one of the few cases where Augury might have been useful…

When asked his opinion, Rulean says “I believe that I could be fully recovered after using my spells in the morning. Although I am not helpless, the contributions I can make are more limited right now.

Thanks to Reflection of Life I should recover from Drained with a single nights sleep. A 1st level Heal spell or just Treat Wounds should take care of the hit points. Restore Senses for the Blindness.

The player doesn’t have a good idea how much of a time crunch there is. Prophetic dreams made it clear there is time pressure.


3 people marked this as a favorite.
Male Half-Orc Wizard (Universalist) 6 | 25’ | HP: 562/62 | AC: 23 (Mage armor; 24 w/shield) | Perc: +12 (E) | F: +11 R: +13 W: +12 | Exploration: Investigate | Spells Avail. | Spell Macros | Status: Mage Armor

Let's just go back and take care of you. Less fun running a PC who cannot fully contribute


NG Female Halfling Ranger (Animal Trainer) 6 HP: 75/90 | AC: 24 | F: +13, R: +13, W: +13 | Perc: +13 | Stealth: +3 | Hero Points: 0 | Speed: 25 ft. | Senses: Keen Eyes (Halfling) | Focus Points: 2/2 | Active Conditions:

"Ehhh...you're not used to living and fighting without your sight though," Clover points out with a shake of her head. "Let's just get you to feeling better and your sight fixed up since we don't know what else is down there. We'll try again tomorrow."


M Skyborn Tengu Monk 6 | HP 78/78 | AC 25 | F +12 R +14 W +14 | Perc +14(E) | Acr/Md+15, Nat+14(E) | Rel/Srv/Thv+12 | Ath/C.Lore/Soc+9 | 35 Speed | Active Conditions: None | Monastic Archery Stance: Active | Focus Points/Pool 1/1 |First Aid Gloves 1/1

Leaf-On-Wind will take notes of the art and copy the words even if he doesn't know what they mean.

He's broodingly quiet because yet again something has come up that he doesn't have a fix for, and he's not sure how he can make things better.


| Extinction | url= |

Bot:

Counteract: 1d20 ⇒ 19

You return to the circus camp. Several of the circus workers fuss over Rulean. The rest of you busy yourselves with other tasks while you consider your strategy for returning to the ruins.

If you want to do any research at the library or the temple with the remainder of the day, let me know the topic and any clues you're referencing.

In the morning, after Rulean's orisons to Kurgess, he prays for relief and is immediately granted it.


NG Female Halfling Ranger (Animal Trainer) 6 HP: 75/90 | AC: 24 | F: +13, R: +13, W: +13 | Perc: +13 | Stealth: +3 | Hero Points: 0 | Speed: 25 ft. | Senses: Keen Eyes (Halfling) | Focus Points: 2/2 | Active Conditions:

"Hmm...I'm not a scholar but we keep running into these xulgaths and I don't think it's coincidence," Clover points out after they leave Rulean to his rest. "Maybe we should go see if there's any sort of history written about them?"


NG Male Catfolk Thaumaturge Scout 6 | HP 68 | AC 24 | Fort +12; Ref +14; Will +12; | Perception +12 low-light vision | Speed 35 | Class DC 22 | Exploration (Scout) | Personal Antithesis = weakness 5
Clover Montajay wrote:
"Maybe we should go see if there's any sort of history written about them?"

"I would come with you if you want. I'll see if I can find anything about the Aroden priests. If they are leaving ghosts behind, it would be good to know how to deal with them."

Aroden Lore? +10 Expert (from Tome)


| Extinction | url= |

Research (secret):

Chani, Aroden Lore (E): 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (8) + 10 = 18
Ephie, Society (T): 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (9) + 12 = 21

The desire to take a cat nap continuously threatens to overtake the amurrun as he tries to read through musty old tomes at the hall of records. Clover convinces Ephie to help her make sense of the library in order to search for something to give them insight into the troglodytes.

Summary of Xulgath wrote:

The troglodytes--the old texts do not refer to them by their proper name--are described as the oldest civilization on Golarion. They were advanced for that ancient time deep in the underground caverns compared to the other early sentient beings. Their rapid maturation, rabid violence, and mastery of occult magic made them a force to be reckoned with when the sekmin and alghollthus first encountered them.

Authors universally describe them as savage, cannibalistic, and ravenous. Their society is brutal and devoid of empathy.

Summary of Aroden in Escadar wrote:
The old temple of Aroden in Escodar was called Moonstone Hall. The halls were named for one or more pools called "moonstone pools," which were rare natural phenomenon that produced water that granted clairvoyance. Pilgrims once came from far away to gaze into them under the guidance of the priests. However, that was long ago.


NG Female Halfling Ranger (Animal Trainer) 6 HP: 75/90 | AC: 24 | F: +13, R: +13, W: +13 | Perc: +13 | Stealth: +3 | Hero Points: 0 | Speed: 25 ft. | Senses: Keen Eyes (Halfling) | Focus Points: 2/2 | Active Conditions:

"Hmm...this is all well and good but it still doesn't give us much more than we already knew," Clover sighs after spending a lot of time poring through books with Ephie. "There's got to be some sort of connection between Aroden and the xulgath; it's come up too much to just be coincidence...right?"

The halfling looks down at the tome she'd been staring at and slams it shut. "Maybe we'll find something new to go on when we go back down there tomorrow. Until then, I think I'm going to head back - flipping through all these pages is making me sleepy..."


| Extinction | url= |

With Rulean's sight restored and a good night's rest under your belts, you make your way back to the sink hole. The guards allow you to pass without any difficulty when you show them your writ. Little has changed in the cavern outside the temple except that the blood has dried and a few scavenging creatures have begun to nibble on the fallen basiliks.

Inside the temple, the dead xulgath have not been disturbed. Either nothing patrols here or they have no care about the dead.

To your left is a hall with a doorway on the right hand side and that turns to the right. To your right is a fair sized room without a door. Your light reflects off of something on the ground within. There are also two small doors in the sanctum, you recall, one on the left, and one on the right.

Map updated.


Male Half-Orc Wizard (Universalist) 6 | 25’ | HP: 562/62 | AC: 23 (Mage armor; 24 w/shield) | Perc: +12 (E) | F: +11 R: +13 W: +12 | Exploration: Investigate | Spells Avail. | Spell Macros | Status: Mage Armor

Ephie moves to the sanctum’s small left door.


NG Male Catfolk Thaumaturge Scout 6 | HP 68 | AC 24 | Fort +12; Ref +14; Will +12; | Perception +12 low-light vision | Speed 35 | Class DC 22 | Exploration (Scout) | Personal Antithesis = weakness 5

Just keeping the daily preparations from the previous day. It is easier that way.

Chani nods at the guards as they go past. He pays no mind to the scavengers starting their work on the corpses left behind. As long as they don't start swarming enough to become dangerous, they are actually quite useful.

He heads to the door with Ephie and takes a good listen to see if he can detect anything.


NG Female Halfling Ranger (Animal Trainer) 6 HP: 75/90 | AC: 24 | F: +13, R: +13, W: +13 | Perc: +13 | Stealth: +3 | Hero Points: 0 | Speed: 25 ft. | Senses: Keen Eyes (Halfling) | Focus Points: 2/2 | Active Conditions:

Clover also moves up with Ephie and Chani, her fork drawn and the haft extended to give her some extra reach - just in case. "Let's just hope that if anyone else is home, they've not bothered come to the front door since we left..."


Male Iruxi NG Cleric of Kurgess 6 | HP 68/68 | AC 22 (24 w/ shield raised) | Shield 64/64| F +11 R +8 W +14 | Font 3/4| Focus 0/1 | Exploration: Defend | Conditions:

Rulean stands ready, shield raised. He nods his agreement with Clover’s statement.


M Skyborn Tengu Monk 6 | HP 78/78 | AC 25 | F +12 R +14 W +14 | Perc +14(E) | Acr/Md+15, Nat+14(E) | Rel/Srv/Thv+12 | Ath/C.Lore/Soc+9 | 35 Speed | Active Conditions: None | Monastic Archery Stance: Active | Focus Points/Pool 1/1 |First Aid Gloves 1/1

Earlier

Leaf-On-Wind attempts to get a good night's rest after making sure folks are patched up as best as possible Moving around to apply Treat Wounds as necessary until people are 'topped off' before turning in.

This morning

Waking in the morning twilight, the acrobatic medic is ready to continue the exploration, carefully Searching for any hidden dangers.

Since the one doorway is missing a door, he points to it. "Maybe we should check that out first, since we have no good way of securing it. Don't need stuff sneaking up on us from behind."


| Extinction | url= |

The left-hand door in the sanctuary leads into a hall that heads northward. There is a small door on the left and a little further down a small door on the right, then the hall turns to left to the west. In the bend, you can see a pile of crude backpacks made of roughly cut leather.

A quick scouting down the hall suggests that this hall connects back to the atrium with the elaborate floor. Ephie senses magic within the pile of backpacks. A search reveals weeks worth of jerked meat--at least you assume it is jerked--but it smells quite unpalatable to you all.

In one of the packs is a shrunken head of some blue skinned gnome or halfling or maybe some fae if it is not actually shrunken. There is also a small pouch with nineteen cracked rubies.

Listening at the door on the right, you hear nothing. Opening it quickly reveals why: the other side is entirely long collapsed stone.

Behind the door to the left, Clover hears a deep voice speaking in Taldane but the syntax is like a child practicing their reading. Between the accent and the odd patterns of words, she cannot make out what is being said.

GM Screen:

Ephraim's Society (T): 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (5) + 12 = 17
Rulean's Society (T): 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (8) + 9 = 17
Song-of-Air's Society (T): 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (8) + 10 = 18
Clover's Perception (E): 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (9) + 12 = 21
Chani's Perception (E): 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (6) + 12 = 18 low-light


NG Female Halfling Ranger (Animal Trainer) 6 HP: 75/90 | AC: 24 | F: +13, R: +13, W: +13 | Perc: +13 | Stealth: +3 | Hero Points: 0 | Speed: 25 ft. | Senses: Keen Eyes (Halfling) | Focus Points: 2/2 | Active Conditions:

After listening at the lefthand door Clover holds up her hand and gestures for everyone to fall back slightly. Assuming they do, she whispers, "There's someone in there! They're speaking Taldane but the words don't make sense to my ears; it's like they're practicing a lesson or trying to puzzle out a piece of writing."


NG Male Catfolk Thaumaturge Scout 6 | HP 68 | AC 24 | Fort +12; Ref +14; Will +12; | Perception +12 low-light vision | Speed 35 | Class DC 22 | Exploration (Scout) | Personal Antithesis = weakness 5

"I suppose that Taldane could be a difficult language to learn. Even if nearly everybody in this area of the world does so at a fairly young age."

Chani ponders for a moment. "Though this wouldn't be my first choice of places to practice my lessons at. The smell is terrible, if nothing else."


Male Iruxi NG Cleric of Kurgess 6 | HP 68/68 | AC 22 (24 w/ shield raised) | Shield 64/64| F +11 R +8 W +14 | Font 3/4| Focus 0/1 | Exploration: Defend | Conditions:

Rulean does back up when indicated.

He considers what Clover has said before responding.

Well, they are at least trying to learn to communicate. Even if they are a xulgath, that indicates a willingness to talk. Let’s give them a chance to talk.


NG Female Halfling Ranger (Animal Trainer) 6 HP: 75/90 | AC: 24 | F: +13, R: +13, W: +13 | Perc: +13 | Stealth: +3 | Hero Points: 0 | Speed: 25 ft. | Senses: Keen Eyes (Halfling) | Focus Points: 2/2 | Active Conditions:

Clover nods. "Yeah, that's fair. I'm willing to talk if they are. And it might not even be a xulgath, it could be someone or something else. Maybe a prisoner."

Assuming that everyone else is in agreement, Clover waits until everyone is ready and then gently tries to open the door (or opens it for Rulean or someone else if they want to take the lead).


NG Male Catfolk Thaumaturge Scout 6 | HP 68 | AC 24 | Fort +12; Ref +14; Will +12; | Perception +12 low-light vision | Speed 35 | Class DC 22 | Exploration (Scout) | Personal Antithesis = weakness 5

Chani nods at Clover as she opens the door. He pokes his head into the room and takes both a look and a listen to see what is there. "Mrr. Hello?"


♫ Female Storm-Tossed Tengu Enigma Maestro Witchy Bard 6 ♫ HP 60/60| AC 25 & Electric Resist 3 | F + 12 R +15 W + 13 | Perc +10 | 25 Speed | Focus 2/2 | Spells 1st 3/3 2nd 3/3 3rd 3/3 | Hero Points 1/3 | ◇ ◈ ↺ | Active Conditions: ---

"If they don't speak our language, I have a spell that will solve that problem." Song says practically. "We just have to find them."


| Extinction | url= |

Bot:

Ephraim's Fortitude (T): 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (7) + 11 = 18
Rulean's Fortitude (E): 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (13) + 11 = 24
Clover's Fortitude (E): 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (18) + 12 = 30
Leaf-on-Wind's Fortitude (): 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (16) + 11 = 27
Song-of-Air's Fortitude (E): 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (11) + 11 = 22
Chani's Fortitude (E): 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (20) + 12 = 32
Snowy Fortitude: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (16) + 13 = 29

The nauseating smell of xulgath immediately assaults your senses as Clover opens the door. The halfling, Chani, Song-of-Air's brother, and even Snowball manage to endure the pungent air with little more than mild eye watering. The rest of you feel your throats tighten in anticipation of vomiting.

The room contains only a scattering of splinters and a bookshelf with several tomes. A tall cabinet has fallen on its back, its doors missing and its interior filled with mosses and shredded cloth to serve as a nest. A spiral staircase to the northwest ascends into darkness.

The hulking form of a xulgath spinesnapper stands guard over a smaller xulgath with a book in his hand. They both look toward the door as Chani speaks. The smaller xulgath hisses and the larger one growls.

You have the jump on them.

Interrupted Studies. Round 1. Bold may act.

Environment: - -

Effects: DC 25 xulgath stench

Battle Map

Rulean (68/68) (sickened 1)
Leaf-on-Wind (78/78) (immune to stench)
Ephraim (62/62) (sickened 1)
Song-of-Air (50/60) (sickened 1)
Clover (90/90) (immune to stench)
>Snowy (45/48) (immune to stench)
Chani (63/68) (immune to stench)
Spinesnapper
Smaller Xulgath

Exploit Vulnerability Spinesnapper DC 20, Medium Xulgath DC 23:

No specific weaknesses.
Critical Success:
Spoiler:

No specific resistances.

GM Screen:
Ephraim's Initiative Using Investigate: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (13) + 12 = 25
Rulean's Initiative Using Defend: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (19) + 14 = 33
Clover's Initiative Using Search: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (8) + 12 = 20
Leaf-on-Wind's Initiative: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (7) + 13 = 20
Song-of-Air's Initiative Using Avoid Notice: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (20) + 11 = 31
Chani's Initiative Using Scout: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (9) + 12 = 21
Spinesnapper: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (6) + 11 = 17
Mage: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (2) + 12 = 14
???: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (6) + 7 = 13


Male Iruxi NG Cleric of Kurgess 6 | HP 68/68 | AC 22 (24 w/ shield raised) | Shield 64/64| F +11 R +8 W +14 | Font 3/4| Focus 0/1 | Exploration: Defend | Conditions:

Rulean turns his head and retches as the fumes assault his senses.
Rulean's Fortitude (E): 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (3) + 11 = 14
Rulean's Fortitude (E): 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (14) + 11 = 25

He then says “I guess they aren’t interested in talking.” as he raises his shield.


NG Male Catfolk Thaumaturge Scout 6 | HP 68 | AC 24 | Fort +12; Ref +14; Will +12; | Perception +12 low-light vision | Speed 35 | Class DC 22 | Exploration (Scout) | Personal Antithesis = weakness 5

Chani's ears droop a bit. "Unfortunate." He peeks around the corner of the door frame and inspects the two xulgaths there.

Exploit Vulnerability (Esoteric Lore) vs Spinesnapper: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (18) + 14 = 32

Knowledge Esoteric vs Medium Xulgath: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (7) + 12 = 19 With Dubious Knowledge

Then he presses himself against the wall next to the doorway.

◆ Exploit Vulnerability, ◆ Recall Knowledge, ◆ Take Cover


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Half-Orc Wizard (Universalist) 6 | 25’ | HP: 562/62 | AC: 23 (Mage armor; 24 w/shield) | Perc: +12 (E) | F: +11 R: +13 W: +12 | Exploration: Investigate | Spells Avail. | Spell Macros | Status: Mage Armor

Ephie decides a fireball is yet again a colution to the problem here.

Fireball, Inspire, DC 22 Reflex: 6d6 + 1 ⇒ (4, 4, 5, 2, 3, 1) + 1 = 20

He then whings his gramma's old axe at the big guy.

HoTA, Inspire: 1d20 + 12 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 12 + 1 = 23
S, Inspire: 2d12 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (6, 3) + 4 + 1 = 14


NG Female Halfling Ranger (Animal Trainer) 6 HP: 75/90 | AC: 24 | F: +13, R: +13, W: +13 | Perc: +13 | Stealth: +3 | Hero Points: 0 | Speed: 25 ft. | Senses: Keen Eyes (Halfling) | Focus Points: 2/2 | Active Conditions:

Clover groans internally as the door swings open; close-quarters combat is always a risky proposition. She focuses her attention on the larger of the two xulgath, marking it as her prey and then takes a step into the room before jabbing her fork at the large xulgath.

Strike vs. Spinesnapper (Fighter's Fork; Hunted Prey): 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (19) + 14 = 33
Damage (P): 2d8 + 3 ⇒ (2, 3) + 3 = 8
______________

◆ Hunt Prey (Spinesnapper)
◆ Step
◆ Strike


| Extinction | url= |

Rulean prepares himself for the inevitable assault. Chani figures the right way to take down a spinesnapper and considers what else he has learned overnight in his books.

Ephie fills the room with fire, though the spinesnapper is able to contort himself enough to shield his more sensitive bits. The smaller xulgath, however, cleverly uses the bulk of his body guard to escape without any real harm (critical success).

Clover charges in as the fire fades and jams her fork deep into the hulking xulgath's chest.

Interrupted Studies. Round 1. Bold may act.

Environment: - -

Effects: DC 25 xulgath stench

Battle Map

Rulean (68/68) (shield raised)
Leaf-on-Wind (78/78) (immune to stench)
Ephraim (62/62) (sickened 1)
Song-of-Air (50/60) (sickened 1)
Clover (90/90) (immune to stench)
>Snowy (45/48) (immune to stench)
Chani (63/68) (immune to stench)
Spinesnapper (-40 hp) (p.a. 5)
Smaller Xulgath

GM Screen:

Spinsnapper Reflex: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (17) + 10 = 27
Mage: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (19) + 13 = 32
??: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (5) + 10 = 15
Abyssal Healing: 1d6 ⇒ 1


♫ Female Storm-Tossed Tengu Enigma Maestro Witchy Bard 6 ♫ HP 60/60| AC 25 & Electric Resist 3 | F + 12 R +15 W + 13 | Perc +10 | 25 Speed | Focus 2/2 | Spells 1st 3/3 2nd 3/3 3rd 3/3 | Hero Points 1/3 | ◇ ◈ ↺ | Active Conditions: ---

Performance (dance), Sickenened: 1d20 + 17 - 1 ⇒ (11) + 17 - 1 = 27
◇ Lingering Performance
◈ Inspire Courage

◈ Stride

Striking Short bow+I.C.: 1d20 + 12 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 12 + 1 + 1 = 31
Piercing damage: 2d6 + 1 ⇒ (1, 3) + 1 = 5
Deadly?: 1d10 ⇒ 8

Song starts up a dance, moves and shoots her bow at the offending Spinesnapper.


I am the tool of the GM

BOTTING LEAF

◈ Stride

◈ Recall Knowledge on Blue (Society +9; Religion +12)

First Flurry Arrow: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (2) + 15 = 17

1Damage: 2d6 ⇒ (6, 1) = 7

1Fatal: 1d10 ⇒ 9

Second Flurry Arrow (MAP): 1d20 + 15 - 5 ⇒ (17) + 15 - 5 = 27

2Damage: 2d6 ⇒ (2, 1) = 3

2Fatal: 1d10 ⇒ 5

Leaf moves up to where he can just barely see Blue, recalls knowledge and shoots.

3,201 to 3,250 of 3,319 << first < prev | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Blake's PF2 Extinction Curse All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.