GM Foxy's 2nd Legacy of Fire

Game Master Foxy Quickpaw

2nd Legacy of Fire Current Maps
2nd Legacy of Fire Archive Maps
Quest Log
Loot Sheet


3,651 to 3,700 of 7,580 << first < prev | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | 77 | 78 | 79 | next > last >>

Kitsune Game Master

Loot:

Two times:
wand of cure light wounds (8 charges)
splint mail (medium)
masterwork greataxe (medium)

Five times:
Stinky loincloth (large)

Once:
+1 breastplate (large)
Goreshred (Medium +1 human bane greataxe)
amulet of health +2
ring of protection +1


1 person marked this as a favorite.
AC 13 (18), touch 13 (17), flat-footed 11 (14) hp 106/95 F +6 R +7 W +8

Heshan breathes deeply as the last of his aches subside as if he was his old physical self. Emotionally on the other hand, he couldn't be more devastated. Looking down at the decapitated body, he worded quietly.

"We should give him a funeral worthy of the goddess he served."

Not even the loot that he collected could cheer him up. And it was items he could use this time around.


Current AC: 24 <> HP: 62/62 (Swiper: 31/31) <> Effects:

"Heshan is right" - Roryx growls as he waits for Manuun to return.

Once he does:

Then he retrieves whatever loot they can find from the deadly combat, and ushers the others to move out - "Omari, what is the best path back out from here? And can Khedron carry Ohrmizd?"


M Human (M'wangi) Cleric 12 | HP: 116/116||AC 22, Touch 16, FF 18 | Init: +4 | F: +11, R: +9, W: +13, +2 vs Illusion| CMB: +11, CMD: 25| Speed 30ft| Perc: +23, SM: + 20 | Active conditions: none

Omari replies somberly: "Khedron will be honored to bear him". He considers the tactical question as he loads Orhmizd's body. Once Orhmizd is loaded, and he is leading Khedron back, he continues "Obviously, the best path back out is the way we came, unless you feel like fighting the giant centipede... With luck, killing the Carrion King will throw the remaining gnolls in the ruins into confusion. The larger question is should we retreat to Kelmarane with the slaves we have freed, and return later, or do we stay here and continue to press the gnolls."


AC 13 (18), touch 13 (17), flat-footed 11 (14) hp 106/95 F +6 R +7 W +8

Heshan considers their options... and gazed in the direction of where the others could have gone to longingly. Yet in the end he sighed sadly.

"We cannot leave the slaves behind. The gnolls would be out for blood now."


Kitsune Game Master

The party retreats the way they came. Back through the cleared out passage to the gargoyle tower. And from there back to the freed slaves. No gnoll is seen on the way out.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Current AC: 24 <> HP: 62/62 (Swiper: 31/31) <> Effects:

As they recover their breath, Roryx stands watchong out from their hiding place with the slaves - "I have heard there is magic that can bring one from the dead" - he comments to the others without looking back - "Is it true?"


M Human (M'wangi) Cleric 12 | HP: 116/116||AC 22, Touch 16, FF 18 | Init: +4 | F: +11, R: +9, W: +13, +2 vs Illusion| CMB: +11, CMD: 25| Speed 30ft| Perc: +23, SM: + 20 | Active conditions: none

"Such magic exists, but it is rare. Also it is not always reliable; sometimes those who have earned entry to paradise choose not to return."


1 person marked this as a favorite.
AC 13 (18), touch 13 (17), flat-footed 11 (14) hp 106/95 F +6 R +7 W +8

"If you know our inquisitor, he is a fighter," he smiled sadly. "Perhaps his clergy would be happy to give us a favor for bringing the faithful to our camp."


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Current AC: 24 <> HP: 62/62 (Swiper: 31/31) <> Effects:

"If it exists, then we owe it to Ohrmizd to try and find it" - Roryx adds, still on watch - "He died defending us" - the magus continues - "But first we need to finish our task. What say you?"


1 person marked this as a favorite.
M Human (M'wangi) Cleric 12 | HP: 116/116||AC 22, Touch 16, FF 18 | Init: +4 | F: +11, R: +9, W: +13, +2 vs Illusion| CMB: +11, CMD: 25| Speed 30ft| Perc: +23, SM: + 20 | Active conditions: none

Omari replies "Well, I propose that we ask Ohrmizd. Tonight, I must spend Erastil's gifts feeding the rescued. But tomorrow I, with Erastil's blessing, I can speak with the dead. In the meanwhile, I will preserve his remains. Let us discuss our task over the evening meal."

Omari will pray to fill 2 empty spells slots (Create Food and Water - 3ed, Gentle Repose - 2nd), and use them both.

Later, over dinner, he reopens the the question of our task, "Roryx, you said we needed to finish our task. Our task was preventing the Carrion King from uniting the gnoll tribes to attack Kelmarane. Having collected his head, I think we can say our task is complete. Although there are good works to be done in this ruins yet - purging these monstrous insect that are likely Unmaker's tools for example - they do not need to be done immediately. We also have the rescued to consider... I say we return to Kelmarane, escorting the freed slaves. Once there, we can either entrust Orhmizd's body to Father Zastoran for preservation while we search for magic to raise the dead, or we have a grand funeral for our fallen hero. Then we can return to dealing with the mysteries and tasks of this ruin."


AC 13 (18), touch 13 (17), flat-footed 11 (14) hp 106/95 F +6 R +7 W +8

Heshan nods to signal his agreement... only to tilt his head. "How would you be able to talk to him if he is dead?"

Grand Lodge

1 person marked this as a favorite.
M CN Sylph Archaelogist 6 | HP: 38/38||AC 19, Touch 14, FF 15, +2 vs. non-magic ranged| | Init: +4 | F: +5, R: +11, W: +7| CMB: 4, CMD: 17| Speed 30ft| Perc: +13, SM: + 5, Darkvision 60ft|Electricity Resistance 5 | Active conditions: None | Spells Left: 3/3 L2 (DC14), 5/5 L1 (DC13), Luck 6/6

Manuun stares blankly forward and barly speaks a word while he follows Roryx and the others up the empty corridors.

When they reach the safety of their camp he sits down without even touching the food offered by Omari and watches the twisted and mangled body of his former friend. Pictures of their shared battles flush through his mind while he treis to come to grip with the situation.

Ohrmizd racing through the cacti to rescues rhombard.
the inquisitor struggling to get the giant boodsucker of his back in the ruined monastery.
The flying deer fleeing in terror from Ohrmizds wrath after it almost gutted Manuun with his antlers.
The half orc strutting inside the arena and challenging the whole town to a duel or accept his right to own the place.

Deeper and depper Manuun wallops in his loss, until Omari mentions the possibility of reversing that cruel fate his interest is turned back to his companions.

"What do you mean Priest? Has Erastil given you the power over life and death too?"


M Human (M'wangi) Cleric 12 | HP: 116/116||AC 22, Touch 16, FF 18 | Init: +4 | F: +11, R: +9, W: +13, +2 vs Illusion| CMB: +11, CMD: 25| Speed 30ft| Perc: +23, SM: + 20 | Active conditions: none

Omari replies to Manuun and Heshan's questions: "I am not yet strong enough in Erastil's grace to bring the dead back to life myself, but with his blessings, I will be able to contact Ohrmizd's soul as it awaits judgement in the Boneyard."


Kitsune Game Master

After an evening of talking in a sad but hopeful mood everyone settles down for the night. The slaves support with taking over watches. No gnolls come out of the central building this night and also no patrols walk the premise.

Morning comes and the land looks peaceful with the first rays of the rising sun casting long shadows and bathing the walls in a golden light. The only noises are from the wind rustling some bushes and some bird twittering.


Current AC: 24 <> HP: 62/62 (Swiper: 31/31) <> Effects:
Omari the Landless wrote:
Later, over dinner, he reopens the the question of our task, "Roryx, you said we needed to finish our task. Our task was preventing the Carrion King from uniting the gnoll tribes to attack Kelmarane. Having collected his head, I think we can say our task is complete. Although there are good works to be done in this ruins yet - purging these monstrous insect that are likely Unmaker's tools for example - they do not need to be done immediately. We also have the rescued to consider... I say we return to Kelmarane, escorting the freed slaves. Once there, we can either entrust Orhmizd's body to Father Zastoran for preservation while we search for magic to raise the dead, or we have a grand funeral for our fallen hero. Then we can return to dealing with the mysteries and tasks of this ruin."

"Unfortunately I do not agree with you Omari - we cannot be sure we have prevented anything at all" - Roryx replies grimly - "We did cut out the head, but our victory, if we can even call it that, was not decisive at all" - he adds - "You saw the monstrosity, and you saw that caster who was probably one of the Carrion King's lieutenants - they can easily regroup if we leave. I think we must keep up the pressure now"


AC 13 (18), touch 13 (17), flat-footed 11 (14) hp 106/95 F +6 R +7 W +8

"Actually, I think he was more of a rogue figure. I've never seen a caster move around like that before," Heshan added.

At the possibility of a chance to get back at the last of the gnolls, it was something on his mind. "Now that you mention it, it does seem weird that the gnolls haven't attacked back. Do you think they are not ready to take on us either?"


M Human (M'wangi) Cleric 12 | HP: 116/116||AC 22, Touch 16, FF 18 | Init: +4 | F: +11, R: +9, W: +13, +2 vs Illusion| CMB: +11, CMD: 25| Speed 30ft| Perc: +23, SM: + 20 | Active conditions: none

"Well Heshan, Manuun, what do you think - have we fulfilled our mission enough to regroup at Kelmarane, or do we need to finish these gnolls?"

Grand Lodge

1 person marked this as a favorite.
M CN Sylph Archaelogist 6 | HP: 38/38||AC 19, Touch 14, FF 15, +2 vs. non-magic ranged| | Init: +4 | F: +5, R: +11, W: +7| CMB: 4, CMD: 17| Speed 30ft| Perc: +13, SM: + 5, Darkvision 60ft|Electricity Resistance 5 | Active conditions: None | Spells Left: 3/3 L2 (DC14), 5/5 L1 (DC13), Luck 6/6

"We came here to stop the carrion King and we most definitely did that. While I agree with Roryx sentiment, that there might still be work to be done here, I think our first duty is to our fallen comrade, whom we hold revive.
We also lost our best fighter(Well probabaly second best but you know Manuun), so chasing blindly into the bowel of that place curtails much higher risks than before."


Current AC: 24 <> HP: 62/62 (Swiper: 31/31) <> Effects:

"We do not know if killing the Carrion King has stopped his plans or endeavors Manuun - so I do not think we have definitely completed our task" - Roryx replies calmly - "Leaving now can cost countless lives... More than what have already been claimed" - he added.

"And I did not suggest chasing blindly into anywhere. I never do"


AC 13 (18), touch 13 (17), flat-footed 11 (14) hp 106/95 F +6 R +7 W +8

"But I do... and often." Heshan's smile disappeared for his next words. "But... I am not sure if we are capable of finishing the job ourselves. As our airy friend has said, we do not have our front-liner at the moment."


Current AC: 24 <> HP: 62/62 (Swiper: 31/31) <> Effects:

"You have me" - Roryx shrugged - "But just so I understand it clearly, you are wanting to leave this place, regardless of how long it may take, and take the chance that some lieutenant take the place of the Carrion King, and continue his doing while we are away?"

Grand Lodge

M CN Sylph Archaelogist 6 | HP: 38/38||AC 19, Touch 14, FF 15, +2 vs. non-magic ranged| | Init: +4 | F: +5, R: +11, W: +7| CMB: 4, CMD: 17| Speed 30ft| Perc: +13, SM: + 5, Darkvision 60ft|Electricity Resistance 5 | Active conditions: None | Spells Left: 3/3 L2 (DC14), 5/5 L1 (DC13), Luck 6/6

"it will take months at least to rebuild that operation. We not only killed the king but alos loads of his followers and it will take time to convince the surrounding tribes to keep following without the leader figure and wiht that kind of defeat they have just suffered. By the time they have recovered from that we will long be back."


Current AC: 24 <> HP: 62/62 (Swiper: 31/31) <> Effects:

"You do not know that Manuun" - Roryx shakes his head - "Those are all assumptions which could be completely wrong. It is a gamble, and you do not know what the results may turn out to be" - he added.

"In any case, fine by me" - the half-orc shrugged after a few seconds - "I know I will be able to live with the consequences, whatever they may be. If you think so too, I am good to go whenever you want"

Grand Lodge

M CN Sylph Archaelogist 6 | HP: 38/38||AC 19, Touch 14, FF 15, +2 vs. non-magic ranged| | Init: +4 | F: +5, R: +11, W: +7| CMB: 4, CMD: 17| Speed 30ft| Perc: +13, SM: + 5, Darkvision 60ft|Electricity Resistance 5 | Active conditions: None | Spells Left: 3/3 L2 (DC14), 5/5 L1 (DC13), Luck 6/6

Manuun nods in agreement to roryx last remark and suggests:
"when this question is setztled I suggest we move out as soon as possible before the Gnolls or Trogglodytes reclaim their nerves."

Talking to the leader of the former slaves he asks:"Do you think the man are able to travel through the hills with us? Its about a week until we reach Kelmarane where we will find help."

Hope I remembered that correctly


Kitsune Game Master

"Yes, yes. Please get us out of here." the man replies.


M Human (M'wangi) Cleric 12 | HP: 116/116||AC 22, Touch 16, FF 18 | Init: +4 | F: +11, R: +9, W: +13, +2 vs Illusion| CMB: +11, CMD: 25| Speed 30ft| Perc: +23, SM: + 20 | Active conditions: none

"Back to Kelmarane then, but as quickly as possible...If only because we need to finish rescuing these poor souls. "


AC 13 (18), touch 13 (17), flat-footed 11 (14) hp 106/95 F +6 R +7 W +8

"And then we can deal with whoever comes next as well as save our friend."


Kitsune Game Master

The party packs up their stuff and leaves together with the freed slaves. Back along the river the hike takes two days. None of the wild animals around are crazy enough to attack a group of over a dozen humans and so it is an uneventful travel. On the afternoon on the second day you arrive at Kelmarane.

The town is bustling with people. Locals and visitors, mostly merchants. One greets Roryx and asks if the guys in rags are for sale, but turns away when noticing Omari's disapproving looks.

Grand Lodge

M CN Sylph Archaelogist 6 | HP: 38/38||AC 19, Touch 14, FF 15, +2 vs. non-magic ranged| | Init: +4 | F: +5, R: +11, W: +7| CMB: 4, CMD: 17| Speed 30ft| Perc: +13, SM: + 5, Darkvision 60ft|Electricity Resistance 5 | Active conditions: None | Spells Left: 3/3 L2 (DC14), 5/5 L1 (DC13), Luck 6/6

After the group arroves back at Kelmarane Manuun suggest to put Ohrmizd into storage in the cellar for now. "I dont't think Garavel and the princess would be too happy if we brought him with us in that state. Maybe Fqther Zastoran has some idea how to best store him until we have found a solution."

Afterwards he accomanies Roryx and the other to discuss the current state of affairs.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Kitsune Game Master

The only house which has a cellar is the temple of Sarenrae. The priests there are in consternation to see Ohrmizd dead. They offer him a final resting place in the crypt. They are quite surprised to hear that they should not start with the embalming, but keep him fresh with gentle repose for a resurrection.

But nonetheless Ohrmizd gets a place in the crypt until the time of his resurrection. The priests offer to make sure Ohrmizd is in prime condition once the magic to bring him back to life is found.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
M Human (M'wangi) Cleric 12 | HP: 116/116||AC 22, Touch 16, FF 18 | Init: +4 | F: +11, R: +9, W: +13, +2 vs Illusion| CMB: +11, CMD: 25| Speed 30ft| Perc: +23, SM: + 20 | Active conditions: none

As Sarenrae is the healer (and has resurrection as one of her subdomains), Omari will ask the priests about the availability of magic to raise the dead through their temple: "Good priests, Ohrmizd was a valued friend of ours, and a strong and faithful servant of the Dawnflower. I have spoken with his spirit through Erastil's blessings, and he has expressed interest in taking up mortal burden again; thus I took it upon myself to preserve his body (with Gentle Repose). Would such magic be available through your temple? Would we need to take him to Katapesh City?"


1 person marked this as a favorite.
AC 13 (18), touch 13 (17), flat-footed 11 (14) hp 106/95 F +6 R +7 W +8

"I know that this is a great ask from you... but he has been a wonderful ally for us through this journey. With how much we helped clear the land for a new trading partner, we hope that it would be enough for a chance to bring him back."


Kitsune Game Master

"We can provide the regular castings of gentle repose, but we don't have the magic to bring the dead back in this temple. If yomeone else in Kelmarane has, we don't know. But in Katapesh you'd find someone able for sure."


AC 13 (18), touch 13 (17), flat-footed 11 (14) hp 106/95 F +6 R +7 W +8

"Then that is where we will begin our next adventure." Heshan pressed his chest forward triumphantly... only to back off a bit. "After we clear the area of the Carrion King of course."


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Female Human Fighter(12) - HP122 - AC23/16/17 - F13/R12/W6(+2) - Ini+5 - Perception +3

Word travels fast in Kelmarane and soon Haleen joins the group in the temple, just in time to hear Omari's request. She realizes that it is Ohrmizd that is dead.

She steps up to the laid out body. Mostly to herself she says "I wouldn't be surprised if your stubbornness cost you your life. Often enough you bit off more than you could chew to help the oppressed and oppose the bad guys."

"But being to stubborn to stay dead - that's beyond everything I deemed possible."

"I've heard stories of kings bringing vast riches to the church with their plea to Pharasma to give a loved one back. But not in my dreams did I imagine that you, my little Ohrmizd, would be one to oppose death in that way." She runs her hand through his hair, like she did, when he was a little boy. "May your godess grant you your wish and give you back the life that was violently cut short."

Even with that hope that Ohrmizd might be brought back from the dead, the sad sight of his dead body brings tears to Haleen's eyes.

Grand Lodge

1 person marked this as a favorite.
M CN Sylph Archaelogist 6 | HP: 38/38||AC 19, Touch 14, FF 15, +2 vs. non-magic ranged| | Init: +4 | F: +5, R: +11, W: +7| CMB: 4, CMD: 17| Speed 30ft| Perc: +13, SM: + 5, Darkvision 60ft|Electricity Resistance 5 | Active conditions: None | Spells Left: 3/3 L2 (DC14), 5/5 L1 (DC13), Luck 6/6

"I think having a purpose to fulfil and see his actions do something has changed him. I noticed in the last few weeks he was almost consumed by his desire to help everybody and he probably feels like he has not done enough yet."

"But for now we need to talk to Garavel to discuss the situation and take our leave to go to katapesh."

With Ohrmizd settled for now Manuun thanks the priest and goes back to the arena to meet Garavel and the princess.


"It's good to have you back again." Garavel greets the group. "Do you need some rest first, or can you come to give a report right away?"


1 person marked this as a favorite.
M Human (M'wangi) Cleric 12 | HP: 116/116||AC 22, Touch 16, FF 18 | Init: +4 | F: +11, R: +9, W: +13, +2 vs Illusion| CMB: +11, CMD: 25| Speed 30ft| Perc: +23, SM: + 20 | Active conditions: none
Garavel __ wrote:
"It's good to have you back again." Garavel greets the group. "Do you need some rest first, or can you come to give a report right away?"

"A short summary. We found the House of the Beast, and the gnolls were there. They definitely were creating giant gnolls - we killed several. We spent several days probing their defenses and rescueing slaves. There is definitely a large complex underneath the temple. We penetrated the complex and met the Carrion King. We slew him, but there is much undiscovered about the site, for example, we still do not know how he was creating the giant gnolls. We also found out, courtesy of the troglodytes who also inhabit the ruins, that something murdered and replaced the Carrion King's advisor, Rokova, and that impostor was apparently egging the king on to war... We retreated after Orhmizd fell battling the Carrion King. We did not catch up with this impostor-Rokova. It is possible he will be re-organizing and revitalizing his plot ..."


"Do they have an army? And what are your plans for now?" Garavel inquires.


Current AC: 24 <> HP: 62/62 (Swiper: 31/31) <> Effects:

”We do not know if they have an army” - Roryx replied - ”Our plans now are to find the necessary means to bring Ohrmizd back from the dead” - he added.


"Thank you." Garavel replies to Omari and Roryx. "I'll inform the Princess."

"Once you had time to refresh yourself, please inform me, that we can have a proper meeting to discuss the situation."


Current AC: 24 <> HP: 62/62 (Swiper: 31/31) <> Effects:

"We will do so" - Roryx nodded and left.

Once outside he informed the others of his intentions, then went to check on the Kelmarane guards, wanting to know how things have been since they left the town - "I will meet you back at the house"


"Good to have you back sir." the guard replies as Roryx enters the tower.

"Nothing out of the ordinary happened in the time you were gone. Some brawls some thefts, as always. No sighting of gnolls."


M Human (M'wangi) Cleric 12 | HP: 116/116||AC 22, Touch 16, FF 18 | Init: +4 | F: +11, R: +9, W: +13, +2 vs Illusion| CMB: +11, CMD: 25| Speed 30ft| Perc: +23, SM: + 20 | Active conditions: none

With a nod to Garavel, Omari leaves to check in with the church of Erastil. That done, he dumps his travel gear in our house, stables Kheldron, takes a quick bath and returns to the palace to meet with Garavel and the princess.


Once all are ready and assembled at the Princess' table Almah joins the meeting. To her right and left are as always Garavel and Zastoran.

"Greetings. It is good to have you back and sad, that Ohrmizd didn't make it. My condolences."

"Garavel has told me what you told him. It is great to see such loyality that goes beyond death and I support your endeavor to bring Ohrmizd back. My advisors and I are not yet on the same page as to what exactly that support should be though." Almah explains with a glance to Father Zastoran.

"To finally decide on that, I'd like to know in more detail what threat the House of the Beast actually was to Kelmarane, and what is left of this threat."


AC 13 (18), touch 13 (17), flat-footed 11 (14) hp 106/95 F +6 R +7 W +8

Heshan took a deep breath before making his peace.

"Well then, the Carrion King lived up to his name, both 8n his smell and the ability to create corpses." His face drooped, then rose again. "Yet we managed to avenge his death by felling the foul gnoll as well as most of his army. All that remains is his fleet-footed companion and a giant worm monster."


"How much of an army where there?" Almah inquires.


Current AC: 24 <> HP: 62/62 (Swiper: 31/31) <> Effects:

"We do not know exactly" - Roryx replied flatly.


M Human (M'wangi) Cleric 12 | HP: 116/116||AC 22, Touch 16, FF 18 | Init: +4 | F: +11, R: +9, W: +13, +2 vs Illusion| CMB: +11, CMD: 25| Speed 30ft| Perc: +23, SM: + 20 | Active conditions: none

"I think Heshan overstates matters. There was no army formed and encamped. There was a garrison of gnolls with patrols and guard stations. The threat, as I understood it, was that the Carrion King would act as lightning rod to organize the gnoll tribes against Kelmarane. At least temporarily, the threat of such unity is abated; another gnoll king may arise, but for now, there is no central leader."

3,651 to 3,700 of 7,580 << first < prev | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | 77 | 78 | 79 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Foxy's 2nd Legacy of Fire All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.