Thread and Circuses

Game Master ChesterCopperpot

Slides and Maps
Running the Circus
Circus Shows


351 to 400 of 658 << first < prev | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | next > last >>

NG Ghoran Monk 3 HP 49/49 | AC 19/21 (MtSt) | F +9 R +9 W +9 | Perc +7 | Stealth +7 | speed 35 (30 in Mt. Stance) | Hero Pts: 2 | focus 1/1 | Active Conditions: ---

As soon as Theolonius suggests going back to their camp, all of Orm's wounds and worries come back in a rush. "You are right, we must tend to ourselves."

Envoy's Alliance

CN Gnome Bard 3 | hp 38/38 | AC 13 |F: +7, R +7 W +8 |Perc: +6 | Speed 25 ft | |Spells: 1st 3/3 | 2nd 2/2 | Focus Pool 2/2 | Conditions: Hero Points: 0

"Well, that seems like enough excitement for one day. Back to the tents?


Tears + Plaguestone + Extinction Curse + Spirit Road

You return to the circus without incident, where your fellow performers have cleaned up the remains of the rat swarm and generally checked the nooks and crannies of the campground for any clues about the halfling druid Nemmia's plans. They have mostly come up empty.

"I think she had tried to do something to Bardolph, but the old dear is much too loyal to the circus, and must have run her off. Looks like she might have dropped this in her hurry to escape." The Professor tells you when you return. He hands over a predator's claw strung on a short leather loop.

Identify Item (Any Tradition) DC 15:
The item is an owlbear claw.

You are able to pass the night without incident and wake up refreshed the next day, ready to continue the investigation.

Envoy's Alliance

CN Gnome Bard 3 | hp 38/38 | AC 13 |F: +7, R +7 W +8 |Perc: +6 | Speed 25 ft | |Spells: 1st 3/3 | 2nd 2/2 | Focus Pool 2/2 | Conditions: Hero Points: 0

Arcane/Occult
1d20 + 7 ⇒ (12) + 7 = 19

"A handy little item for one of you guys."


NG Ghoran Monk 3 HP 49/49 | AC 19/21 (MtSt) | F +9 R +9 W +9 | Perc +7 | Stealth +7 | speed 35 (30 in Mt. Stance) | Hero Pts: 2 | focus 1/1 | Active Conditions: ---

derrick or madame p should claim it. We still need to ID that feather

"Shall we head to the orchard?


Tears + Plaguestone + Extinction Curse + Spirit Road

When you reach the orchard, you see that it is fairly overgrown. It looks like the trees have not been tended in a couple years. There is an irrigation ditch in the middle of the orchard, and the sounds of rooting hogs rise from it, even from a distance.

Map


NG Ghoran Monk 3 HP 49/49 | AC 19/21 (MtSt) | F +9 R +9 W +9 | Perc +7 | Stealth +7 | speed 35 (30 in Mt. Stance) | Hero Pts: 2 | focus 1/1 | Active Conditions: ---

We can presume we got healed up via treat wounds over night plus what we'd get back from rest?

"Derrick, you have a way with animals . . ."

Vigilant Seal

”Derrik” | Male NG Dwarf Ranger 3 | HP 46/46 | AC 20 | Class DC 18 | F: +9, R: +10, W: +10, | Perc: +10 | | Speed 20ft | Active Conditions: None

"I like to think so."

[ooc]I'm not actually sure if I can calm the pigs. I have train animal as a feat and an animal companion, but those don't technically mean anything about being able to just soothe wild animals. I can try to command an animal with nature, but I'm not sure if that applies here. I'll roll to either convince them we're friendly or peacefully shoo them away, but whatever you're okay with is obviously fine."[/b]

Nature: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (8) + 7 = 15


Tears + Plaguestone + Extinction Curse + Spirit Road

The boars perk up when Derrikk attempts to sooth them, but their grunts are most aggressive than comforted.

The largest of the boars grunts threateningly and starts to charge the ranger!

Initiative:

Derrikk: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (1) + 9 = 10
Junebug: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (12) + 5 = 17
Orm: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 13
Papillon: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11
Red: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (2) + 8 = 10
Blue: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10
Yellow: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (14) + 5 = 19

The smaller yellow boar grunts confusedly, not quick aware of what is going on. Delay

~+~Combat Round 1~+~
Yellow
Junebug
Orm
Papillon

Red
Blue
Derrikk

Map

Start anywhere you'd like on the left side of the ditch.


NG Ghoran Monk 3 HP 49/49 | AC 19/21 (MtSt) | F +9 R +9 W +9 | Perc +7 | Stealth +7 | speed 35 (30 in Mt. Stance) | Hero Pts: 2 | focus 1/1 | Active Conditions: ---

Orm strides to put himself between Derrick and the boars when he sees it going south, enters Mountain Stance, and then hurls a javelin at the closest boar (red).

Attack 1: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (9) + 6 = 15
dmg 1?: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7

Envoy's Alliance

CN Gnome Bard 3 | hp 38/38 | AC 13 |F: +7, R +7 W +8 |Perc: +6 | Speed 25 ft | |Spells: 1st 3/3 | 2nd 2/2 | Focus Pool 2/2 | Conditions: Hero Points: 0

"This little trick is essential when facing 30-50 wild hogs."

Junebug casts Magic Weapon on Derrikk's bow. +1 to attack and +1d6 to damage


”Papillon” | Female CG Halfling Cleric 3 | HP 33/33 | AC 17| F: +7, R: +7, W: +10, | Perc: +9 |Spell DC 19 - 2nd (2/2 - 1st (3/3) - Fon (3/3) | Speed 25ft | Conditions: None

"Orm! Look out! Desna is with you! she moves up twice, and cast's guidance on the monk.


Tears + Plaguestone + Extinction Curse + Spirit Road

Orm's javelin lands short of the hulking hog, which promptly charges up the slope to attack, followed by one of its offspring.
Mama Hog (Red)
tusk: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (5) + 10 = 15 for piercing: 2d6 + 4 ⇒ (2, 1) + 4 = 7
tusk: 1d20 + 10 - 5 ⇒ (4) + 10 - 5 = 9 for piercing: 2d6 + 4 ⇒ (5, 6) + 4 = 15
Juvenile Hog (Blue)
tusk: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (12) + 8 = 20 for piercing: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6
tusk: 1d20 + 8 - 5 ⇒ (10) + 8 - 5 = 13 for piercing: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5

The sturdy monk avoids most of the attacks.

~+~Combat Round 1~+~
Yellow
Junebug
Orm (-4, guidance)
Papillon
Red
Blue
Derrikk (magic weapon)

Map

Vigilant Seal

”Derrik” | Male NG Dwarf Ranger 3 | HP 46/46 | AC 20 | Class DC 18 | F: +9, R: +10, W: +10, | Perc: +10 | | Speed 20ft | Active Conditions: None

Derrikk focuses his ire on blue hunter's prey, shoots twice hunted shot and tell Celery to attack (not telling him to flank as he's worried about the water being too deep for her).

attack 1: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (20) + 7 = 27 for a critical hit damage: 2d6 ⇒ (2, 3) = 5

attack2: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10

Celery Attack: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (19) + 7 = 26 maybe for a crit? damage: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7 or 14 if crit

Envoy's Alliance

CN Gnome Bard 3 | hp 38/38 | AC 13 |F: +7, R +7 W +8 |Perc: +6 | Speed 25 ft | |Spells: 1st 3/3 | 2nd 2/2 | Focus Pool 2/2 | Conditions: Hero Points: 0
Derrikk wrote:

Derrikk focuses his ire on blue hunter's prey, shoots twice hunted shot and tell Celery to attack (not telling him to flank as he's worried about the water being too deep for her).

[dice=attack 1]1d20 + 7 for a critical hit [dice=damage]2d6

[dice=attack2]1d20 + 4

[dice=Celery Attack]1d20 + 7 maybe for a crit? [dice=damage]1d8 + 2 or 14 if crit

does the extra d6 double on a crit? i think so.


Tears + Plaguestone + Extinction Curse + Spirit Road

Yes, the crit doubles the total for weapon attacks. So that hog takes 24 over the 2 attacks. No AK necessary.

Derrikk and Celery take down the blue hog with brutal efficiency.

The yellow hog joins the battle, rushing up to join his mother.
Boar charge!
tusk: 1d20 + 8 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 8 + 2 = 22 for piercing: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6
tusk: 1d20 + 8 - 5 ⇒ (11) + 8 - 5 = 14 for piercing: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5

~+~Combat Round 2~+~
Yellow
Junebug
Orm
(-9, guidance)
Papillon
Red
Blue
Derrikk (magic weapon)

Map


NG Ghoran Monk 3 HP 49/49 | AC 19/21 (MtSt) | F +9 R +9 W +9 | Perc +7 | Stealth +7 | speed 35 (30 in Mt. Stance) | Hero Pts: 2 | focus 1/1 | Active Conditions: ---

Orm focuses his inner ki and channels it into his fists, which he then turns on the mama boar (red?) with a flurry and a follow up.

Flurry of blows, Falling Stone, ki strike baked in
Attack 1: 1d20 + 8 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 8 + 1 = 15
dmg 1?: 1d8 + 4 + 1d6 ⇒ (6) + 4 + (4) = 14

Attack 2 w/guidance: 1d20 + 3 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 3 + 1 + 1 = 21
dmg 2?: 1d8 + 5 + 1d6 ⇒ (6) + 5 + (6) = 17 extra dmg due to forceful property

Attack 3: 1d20 - 2 + 1 ⇒ (7) - 2 + 1 = 6
dmg 2?: 1d8 + 5 + 1d6 ⇒ (2) + 5 + (1) = 8 extra dmg due to forceful property

Envoy's Alliance

CN Gnome Bard 3 | hp 38/38 | AC 13 |F: +7, R +7 W +8 |Perc: +6 | Speed 25 ft | |Spells: 1st 3/3 | 2nd 2/2 | Focus Pool 2/2 | Conditions: Hero Points: 0

Inspire Courage (basic variety) +1 to attack and damage


”Papillon” | Female CG Halfling Cleric 3 | HP 33/33 | AC 17| F: +7, R: +7, W: +10, | Perc: +9 |Spell DC 19 - 2nd (2/2 - 1st (3/3) - Fon (3/3) | Speed 25ft | Conditions: None

With the bard's inspiring courage, she tries to swing at the yellow boar with her weapon. She cast's guidance on herself first.
1d20 + 8 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 8 + 1 + 1 = 171d6 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7
1d20 + 8 + 1 - 5 ⇒ (14) + 8 + 1 - 5 = 181d6 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6


Tears + Plaguestone + Extinction Curse + Spirit Road

Orm hits the beast with one mighty strike, and Madame P savages the yellow boar. It's barely alive! The red hog is reeling, but now it's really mad!

Red v. Orm
tusk: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (13) + 10 = 23 for piercing: 2d6 + 4 ⇒ (1, 3) + 4 = 8
tusk: 1d20 + 10 - 5 ⇒ (9) + 10 - 5 = 14 for piercing: 2d6 + 4 ⇒ (1, 5) + 4 = 10
Yellow v. Madame P.
tusk: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (11) + 8 = 19 for piercing: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8
tusk: 1d20 + 8 - 5 ⇒ (9) + 8 - 5 = 12 for piercing: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4

Each hog connects once. You wouldn't want these in your backyard!

~+~Combat Round 2~+~
Yellow
Junebug
Orm (-17)
Papillon (-8)
Red
Blue
Derrikk (magic weapon)

Map


NG Ghoran Monk 3 HP 49/49 | AC 19/21 (MtSt) | F +9 R +9 W +9 | Perc +7 | Stealth +7 | speed 35 (30 in Mt. Stance) | Hero Pts: 2 | focus 1/1 | Active Conditions: ---

looks like you skipped Derrick and let yellow attack - If D brings down yellow on his turn, shouldn't that take away dmg to Madame P?


Tears + Plaguestone + Extinction Curse + Spirit Road

Whoops! Yes, I'll do that.

Vigilant Seal

”Derrik” | Male NG Dwarf Ranger 3 | HP 46/46 | AC 20 | Class DC 18 | F: +9, R: +10, W: +10, | Perc: +10 | | Speed 20ft | Active Conditions: None

Derrikk focuses in on Yellow, fires twice and tells Celery to flank and attack.

Attack1: 1d20 + 7 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (13) + 7 + 1 + 1 = 22 for damage: 2d6 + 1 ⇒ (1, 1) + 1 = 3

Attack2: 1d20 + 4 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 4 + 1 + 1 = 7

Celery Attack: 1d20 + 7 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 7 + 1 = 10


Tears + Plaguestone + Extinction Curse + Spirit Road

Derrikk's shot takes down yellow, so it does not get to attack Madame P. Only red remains!

~+~Combat Round 3~+~
Yellow
Junebug
Orm
(-17)
Papillon
Red
Blue
Derrikk (magic weapon)

Map

Envoy's Alliance

CN Gnome Bard 3 | hp 38/38 | AC 13 |F: +7, R +7 W +8 |Perc: +6 | Speed 25 ft | |Spells: 1st 3/3 | 2nd 2/2 | Focus Pool 2/2 | Conditions: Hero Points: 0

Junebug saunters forward and calls on the dark.

Grim Tendrils
2d4 ⇒ (4, 1) = 5

DC 18 Reflex


”Papillon” | Female CG Halfling Cleric 3 | HP 33/33 | AC 17| F: +7, R: +7, W: +10, | Perc: +9 |Spell DC 19 - 2nd (2/2 - 1st (3/3) - Fon (3/3) | Speed 25ft | Conditions: None

Since it worked so well the last time...

Papillon recast's her spell, and goes for the last standing bore.
Starknife: 1d20 + 8 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 8 + 1 = 131d6 ⇒ 5
Starknife: 1d20 + 8 + 1 - 5 ⇒ (14) + 8 + 1 - 5 = 181d6 ⇒ 2


NG Ghoran Monk 3 HP 49/49 | AC 19/21 (MtSt) | F +9 R +9 W +9 | Perc +7 | Stealth +7 | speed 35 (30 in Mt. Stance) | Hero Pts: 2 | focus 1/1 | Active Conditions: ---

Orm moves down into the muck a bit to flank with beast with Celery.

He will then flurry and attack again.

Flurry of blows, Falling Stone
Attack 1: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (8) + 8 = 16
dmg 1?: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6

Attack 2: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (12) + 3 = 15
dmg 2?: 1d8 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11 extra dmg due to forceful property

Attack 3: 1d20 - 2 ⇒ (3) - 2 = 1
dmg 3?: 1d8 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7 extra dmg due to forceful property


Tears + Plaguestone + Extinction Curse + Spirit Road

Reflex: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (17) + 5 = 22

Though it avoids some of Junebug's magic, the boaar is still taken down by the party.

Let it be noted that you guys mopped that up nicely!

Not only was the boar aggressive, it was also dangerous. You find the corpse of a gnome at the edge of the drainage ditch, half-buried under a log. The poor soul was carrying a vial marked "lesser antidote" and a scroll tube. Inside the tube is a scroll of unseasonable squall.

Envoy's Alliance

CN Gnome Bard 3 | hp 38/38 | AC 13 |F: +7, R +7 W +8 |Perc: +6 | Speed 25 ft | |Spells: 1st 3/3 | 2nd 2/2 | Focus Pool 2/2 | Conditions: Hero Points: 0

"Poor fella. Death by feral hog is no way for a gnome to go. If you guys don't mind I'll hold onto this?"


NG Ghoran Monk 3 HP 49/49 | AC 19/21 (MtSt) | F +9 R +9 W +9 | Perc +7 | Stealth +7 | speed 35 (30 in Mt. Stance) | Hero Pts: 2 | focus 1/1 | Active Conditions: ---

"If I recall, most humanoids enjoy bacon. Perhaps we should bring a carcass or two along to our camp for a feast. I don't mind lugging one on my shoulders. Let us head to the mill, and we can let some townspeople know that there is food here to be gathered. And by all means Theolonius, hold onto those items."

Derrick will tend to Orm's wounds, while he catches his breath and recenters his ki.

Medicine: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (14) + 7 = 21
2d8 ⇒ (4, 8) = 12

"Madame Papillon or Theolonius, might you have any magical healing available to further heal my wounds?"

still down 7 hp

Envoy's Alliance

CN Gnome Bard 3 | hp 38/38 | AC 13 |F: +7, R +7 W +8 |Perc: +6 | Speed 25 ft | |Spells: 1st 3/3 | 2nd 2/2 | Focus Pool 2/2 | Conditions: Hero Points: 0

Most definitely.

Soothe
1d10 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 4 = 14

Vigilant Seal

”Derrik” | Male NG Dwarf Ranger 3 | HP 46/46 | AC 20 | Class DC 18 | F: +9, R: +10, W: +10, | Perc: +10 | | Speed 20ft | Active Conditions: None

sounds perfect


Tears + Plaguestone + Extinction Curse + Spirit Road

With everyone's wounds buffed out, you head north through town, in the direction of the Hawfton Mill.

Your attention is caught by a gathering of townspeople in the center of town. Suddenly, a voice rings out from the midst of the crowd, "There those cheap imposters are! A poor excuse for performers, the lot of them!"

You recognize the tell-tale squeaky wheezy of Jellico Bounce-Bounce, one of your former coworkers at Mistress Dusklight's Celestial Menagerie.

The crowd parts, and you see three colorfully dressed people shouting and playing tambourines and pipes. “Prepare yourselves and your souls, people of Abberton, for a cavalcade of celestial marvels! For sights so spectacular and so marvelous, that you shall speak of them forever after with awestruck tears in your eyes! Prepare for the show to surpass any you have ever seen, either yesterday or in days before! Prepare for the dawning of... Mistress Dusklight’s Celestial Menagerie!” The speaker is a tall, broad-shouldered woman carrying a whip and accompanied by a magnificent lion. (Of course, you remember Daring Danika and her lion, Leandrus, more for their halitosis and tenancy to snore, respectively, than their magnificence.)

A shirtless man covered in strange tattoos walks to her left, periodically breathing gouts of fire across metal batons he carries in his hands. (Viktor Volkano--cheats at cards!) To the woman’s right is a brilliantly bedecked clown who leaps, rolls, flips, and cavorts in constant feats of acrobatics--the aforementioned Bounce-Bounce.

Daring Danika reacts to your presence with exaggerated shock "Oh, you poor, poor townsfolk! Have these charlatans been passing themselves off as entertainers?! Rank amateurs, the lot of them! We can show you the true pinnacle of circus arts!" Leandrus gives a chuffy roar to punctuate his mistress's proclaimation.


NG Ghoran Monk 3 HP 49/49 | AC 19/21 (MtSt) | F +9 R +9 W +9 | Perc +7 | Stealth +7 | speed 35 (30 in Mt. Stance) | Hero Pts: 2 | focus 1/1 | Active Conditions: ---

At a loss for words, as he was not a member of this rival zoo, Orm looks to his compatriots.


”Papillon” | Female CG Halfling Cleric 3 | HP 33/33 | AC 17| F: +7, R: +7, W: +10, | Perc: +9 |Spell DC 19 - 2nd (2/2 - 1st (3/3) - Fon (3/3) | Speed 25ft | Conditions: None
GM MattMorris wrote:
Your attention is caught by a gathering of townspeople in the center of town. Suddenly, a voice rings out from the midst of the crowd, "There those cheap imposters are! A poor excuse for performers, the lot of them!"

The halfling frowns at the scornful words, "I thought everyone loved our performance from the other night. How did they even recognise it " She then realizes who these loud talkers are and frowns even more. She places her hands on her hips and pushes past Orm.

In a huff, "Danika you scoundrel! What brings you to Abberton, darling? Did the Celestial Menagerie get booted out of town again?" She tries to talk smack back, not really realizing what it would do for their image with the town.

She turns back to the group, as if to ask, "Ehhhh, guy, what do we do?"

Envoy's Alliance

1 person marked this as a favorite.
CN Gnome Bard 3 | hp 38/38 | AC 13 |F: +7, R +7 W +8 |Perc: +6 | Speed 25 ft | |Spells: 1st 3/3 | 2nd 2/2 | Focus Pool 2/2 | Conditions: Hero Points: 0

Thelonious turns to the crowd and says, "Pay no attention to these half-witted has-beens. Mistress Muskrat's Celibate Menage-a-Trois is unworthy of Abberton and as boring as the name suggests.

"Friends! You've seen us perform real wonders. Don't settle for second best."

Perform Oratory
1d20 + 9 ⇒ (7) + 9 = 16


Tears + Plaguestone + Extinction Curse + Spirit Road

Danika sniffs at you, "There's only one way to settle this: a performance show-down! Let's see what you've got."

A time-honored tradition among traveling performers, a performance duel pits rival acts against each other one-on-one in front of an audience for the most applause. Each of the three Celestial Menagerie
members challenges one of the heroes; these one-on-one duels will be followed by—and influence—a climactic group contest.

Each participating hero should resolve the outcome of the one-on-one duel with a Performance check. Although other heroes can’t interfere in these duels, each hero can build up to their own Performance check by first attempting a DC 15 check with a different skill (Acrobatics, Athletics, Diplomacy, and Thievery are the most likely, although you can allow any skills that seem relevant to putting on an entertaining show). A success at this first check grants a +2 circumstance bonus to the hero’s Performance check. A critical success adds a +4 bonus instead, but a critical failure imposes a –2 circumstance penalty.

Short version: After being challenged, describe your on-street act, perform a skill check to attempt to boost your performance, attempt a Performance check.

Danika points at Derrikk. "You call yourself an animal tamer with your mangy mutt? This is how a real beast performs!" She cracks her whip and Leandrus roars, causing one audience member to faint!

Jellico Bounce-Bounce draws a bowling pin and points it at Thelonious, "Let's see what you've got, pip-squeak!" He then proceeds to produce two additional juggling clubs and keep them airborn while turning a backflip.

Viktor Volkano singles out Madame P and shouts, "Let's compare your trickery to this!" He belches out a cloud of flame, singeing the eyebrows of several townsfolk.

Envoy's Alliance

CN Gnome Bard 3 | hp 38/38 | AC 13 |F: +7, R +7 W +8 |Perc: +6 | Speed 25 ft | |Spells: 1st 3/3 | 2nd 2/2 | Focus Pool 2/2 | Conditions: Hero Points: 0

"Ladies and gentlemen. You are in for a treat. What you are about to witness is a small sample of what you can expect from our show, which has gotten off to rave reviews. If you'll honor us with your custom, we promise to treat you to such wonders as will leave you astonished and stupefied."

Diplomacy
1d20 + 8 ⇒ (14) + 8 = 22

Thelonious turns to Orm and whispers, "Orm, can you beat box?" Seeing the look on the tree-man's face, he says, "Nevermind. Not important," then launches into an old-school First World freestyle:

Down in lil' Abberton a battle was a-brewin'
Between two rival danger clubs, 
But one was real and one just foolin'

How cocky was this pack of chumps 
from the dusky Circ du Sorry
With a cocky attack, they sprang a trap
Just like Admiral Calamari.

First there is the wheezy clown
who came to town to juggle,
(though all he did was jiggle)
Showed the girls his bowling pin
and all they did was giggle.

Then there was the ever-present, stinky lion tamer
never did you ever see a showboat that was lamer
Usually a lady with a whip will leave me smitten
But she's a bore and that's for sure--just ask her sleepy kitten.

Lastly came the fire-breathing Victor Volk'kano
Walking 'round without a shirt, he is a big moron-o
Got a tat upon his chest, he thinks it's pretty rad,
With a tramp stamp on his lower back, this guy is such a Chad.

Against them are the heroes here
who doubtless brought the thunder,
The ones who'll always wear the crown:
We're called the Wayward Wonders."

Perform
1d20 + 9 ⇒ (20) + 9 = 29

that +9 is assuming Oratory is the right perform. It's only a +8 if that's comedy


Tears + Plaguestone + Extinction Curse + Spirit Road

The crowd stomps its feet, whistles, and cat-calls over Thelonious Junebug's performance! They've never witnessed such dope rhymes.

Some of the local farmers in the crowd produce and distribute half-rotten vegetables, which rain down on Jellico Bounce-Bounce.

Obviously a critical success. Also, have a hero point.

Vigilant Seal

”Derrik” | Male NG Dwarf Ranger 3 | HP 46/46 | AC 20 | Class DC 18 | F: +9, R: +10, W: +10, | Perc: +10 | | Speed 20ft | Active Conditions: None

As the crowd hoots and hollers, Derrikk steps forward and gestures for some space to be made. He then come barreling forward into a tumbling routine replete with round offs, flips, and back handsprings a routine truly fit for Lexi from Cheer

Acrobatics: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (10) + 7 = 17

"Celery! Let's show them how it is done!

Nature: 1d20 + 7 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 7 + 1 + 2 = 18

While not their best performance ever, Derrikk has picked up several acorns and sticks lying about and puts on a routine involving Celery running up his back and launching herself off his shoulders into the air to catch said acorns and sticks as Derrikk tosses them in the air, with the final leap coming off of Derrikk's chest as she leaps straight at him and he goes into a backward somersault on the ground as he tosses up the final stick which she catches as she leaps off of his chest.


Tears + Plaguestone + Extinction Curse + Spirit Road

The crowd really appreciates the artistry in Derrikk's performance. They certainly prefer it to Danika's animal taming.


”Papillon” | Female CG Halfling Cleric 3 | HP 33/33 | AC 17| F: +7, R: +7, W: +10, | Perc: +9 |Spell DC 19 - 2nd (2/2 - 1st (3/3) - Fon (3/3) | Speed 25ft | Conditions: None

The smaller halfling accepts Viktor's challenge with a flurish of her hair, and a little twirl. She eventually locks gaze's with the opposing performer, staring him down firmly. "You dare attack the crowd with your blazing fire? Did Mistress Dusklight forget to teach you not to play with fire? Where are your manners, SIR!" She stomps her foot down on the ground in a theatrical manor, and then points her finger heroically towards him. "Beg for the town's forgiveness! DOWN BOY!"

She will proceed to cast command spell to make him fall prone on the grown where he stands, hoping to catch a laugh out of the audience. DC 18 Will save!
Perform: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (16) + 3 = 19

...

Papillon just lets the crown engulf her as she dissapears into the masses, jaw agape staring at Thelonious and his amazing rap performance. She has never seen anything like this before.

Afterwards, she comes and finds her friends, "Where did that come from, Thelonious? Perhaps we can use it in our show later...?"

Envoy's Alliance

CN Gnome Bard 3 | hp 38/38 | AC 13 |F: +7, R +7 W +8 |Perc: +6 | Speed 25 ft | |Spells: 1st 3/3 | 2nd 2/2 | Focus Pool 2/2 | Conditions: Hero Points: 0

"Just a little something I picked up in my younger days. I suppose a battle rapping act would set us apart from other circuses."


Tears + Plaguestone + Extinction Curse + Spirit Road

Will: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (13) + 8 = 21
Viktor stays on his feet, but the crowd is impressed with Madame P's flair for the dramatic. They applaud her performance and cast the fire-eater sidelong glances.

Danika has recovered enough by this point to say, "You may have some tricks, but you're no matched for our powers, combined!"

The three interlopers kick up the next level, Danika's lion jumping through gouts of flame spat by Viktor, while Jellico Bounce-Bounce does a handspring off the animal tamer's shoulders!

The crowd eagerly awaits a response from you!
You've been challenged to a climactic group duel. To resolve this duel, a single lead character—who should be selected by the heroes together—attempts a single Performance check. Other heroes can Aid this skill check as normal. In addition, the DC decreases by 1 for each hero’s success in the one-on-one duels, or by 2 for each critical success. The DC increases. (You've earned a decrease of 4 for your Performances so far!)

Vigilant Seal

”Derrik” | Male NG Dwarf Ranger 3 | HP 46/46 | AC 20 | Class DC 18 | F: +9, R: +10, W: +10, | Perc: +10 | | Speed 20ft | Active Conditions: None

Derrikk moves to give Thelonious "Center Stage" while looking to Celery to begin a small performance of their own meant to warm the crowd up a bit as Thelonious gathers himself.

assuming that the decreased DC is for aiding

nature performance to aid: 1d20 + 7 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 7 + 1 = 27

KAPOW! Critical success!

Envoy's Alliance

CN Gnome Bard 3 | hp 38/38 | AC 13 |F: +7, R +7 W +8 |Perc: +6 | Speed 25 ft | |Spells: 1st 3/3 | 2nd 2/2 | Focus Pool 2/2 | Conditions: Hero Points: 0

Thelonious busts into another rhyme, taking precision jabs at the performances of his rivals. He even throws in a little physical comedy, imitating their best moves.

Performance
1d20 + 9 ⇒ (8) + 9 = 17

sorry guys, i do not have another rap in me tonight


”Papillon” | Female CG Halfling Cleric 3 | HP 33/33 | AC 17| F: +7, R: +7, W: +10, | Perc: +9 |Spell DC 19 - 2nd (2/2 - 1st (3/3) - Fon (3/3) | Speed 25ft | Conditions: None

Madame Papillon will user her moonbeam ability to shoot it up into the sky for a dramatic finish, using some flurishes and fluid dance moves to assist in the group performance.
Performance, aid: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (18) + 3 = 21


NG Ghoran Monk 3 HP 49/49 | AC 19/21 (MtSt) | F +9 R +9 W +9 | Perc +7 | Stealth +7 | speed 35 (30 in Mt. Stance) | Hero Pts: 2 | focus 1/1 | Active Conditions: ---

Orm supports Thelonious' physical comedy with accompanying feats of strength, leaping and bounding.

Athletics: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (11) + 9 = 20


Tears + Plaguestone + Extinction Curse + Spirit Road

The crowd comes to the side of the our heroes! They cheer your efforts and promise that they'll come to see the next performance of your circus.

A little girl walks up to Danika and says, "You should go!"

The rivals slink off into the shadows, "You haven't seen the last of us, you amateurs!"

Excitement Increase: 2d4 ⇒ (4, 1) = 5
For your next performance, startling Excitement will be 5 higher!


”Papillon” | Female CG Halfling Cleric 3 | HP 33/33 | AC 17| F: +7, R: +7, W: +10, | Perc: +9 |Spell DC 19 - 2nd (2/2 - 1st (3/3) - Fon (3/3) | Speed 25ft | Conditions: None

"We...we did it? We really did?" She looks suprsied but also happy. "You guys, i can't believe it...when i ran away from Mistress Dusklight, i thought the next time our fates crossed, that would be the end of..." She stops herself from finishing the sentence, "I am really glad i found you all."

Sense Motive idk DC:
You suspect that the hafling has a lot of things on her mind, and the recent encounter really spooked her. She doesn't really want to talk about it right now though...

GM:
Eeeeh, Mr Matt, I was kinda thinking about my character a little more, any chance Papillon could have some sort of history with Mistress Dusklight? Perhaps she took the halfling under her wing, and when she left the Mistress vowed to end her, or something? Idk. Idk anything about the other circus, but her name seems very "moon-like" and since Papillon is all about Desna and moon and fate and stuff...idk. Let me know what you think.

351 to 400 of 658 << first < prev | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Thread and Circuses All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.