GM Kate's Extinction Curse [closed]

Game Master Kate Baker


651 to 700 of 3,745 << first < prev | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | next > last >>

F HP 146, AC 27 or 28, F+18/19, R +20/21, W +16/17, Hero Pts 3 Halfling circusfolk doomsayer 10

Will: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (16) + 4 = 20
Will: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12

Status:

HP 30/30
AC 19
Fort +8, Ref +10, Will +5
Hero points: 2
Effects: inspired, hunted (yellow)

Rova reacts quickly, studying the nearest pugwumpi and then firing her slingstaff stone at it, though she has to aim high as she tries to avoid Niksi, who's standing between her and it.

"Thkrull!" she calls out, and then elephant comes into the graveyard, trunk ready to lash out at any creatures that dare to get close to its halfling using support for him

Action 1: Hunt Yellow Prey
Action 2: Strike
Action 3: Command an Animal

Halfling sling staff: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (2) + 8 = 10
Halfling sling staff (reroll): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (3) + 8 = 11
Hunter's edge (precision/bludgeoning damage): 1d10 + 1d8 ⇒ (10) + (4) = 14
Well, at least I got rid of two bad rolls in one post!


Male Dwarf
Moose:
Appr+6,Arc +9, Heal +6, Geog +7, Local+9, Nat +9, Perc +12, Driver 10,+4 SenseMot, Spellcraft +9

1d20 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9 Will
1d20 + 6 ⇒ (19) + 6 = 25 Will

Groan.

Mukluk delays, uncertain that they should be aggressive here.

”Ain’t no need to fight. Let them have their buttons and teeth. Ain’t gunna do anyone any good anyhow.”


Female Gnome | HP 138/138 AC: 28 (29 w/shield) +2 AC vs Trap| F: +19 R: +21 (Evasion), W: +15 +2 vs traps | Perception: +16; +2 vs traps; +2 Init (M, Low-Light Vision) Default Exploration: Avoid Notice

Will Save: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (13) + 6 = 19
Will Save: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (14) + 6 = 20

Prism agrees with Mukluk and backs up. "Yea, wearen't..lookingfor..afight. Youcan..havethe..buttons."

Delay.

Status:

HP 28/28
AC 19 (AC 20 w/ Shield)
Hero Points 1/3
Vibrant Display 1/10 minutes


Ghost Level Delve || Extinction Curse

Prism holds off while Rova struggles with the Unluck aura emanating from the pugwampi.

Niksi casts a spell and continues her recitation.

Will save: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (14) + 6 = 20

The pugwampi cackles as it shrugs off some of Niksi's mental attack.

Mukluk holds back.

The yellow one steps back, draws a shortbow, and fires an arrow at Prism.

pew!: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (18) + 8 = 26
ouch!: 1d6 ⇒ 2

The red one moves up and does the same, shooting at Niksi.

pew!: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (15) + 8 = 23
ouch!: 1d6 ⇒ 2

Everyone is now in the second pugwampi's aura. If you saved against the first one, you are immune and don't need to make another save. If you save against this one, you will be immune to both. Roll twice and take the worse result.

Both had clear shots when they took their turns.

The quasit in the corner Casts a Spell. It shuffles up invisibly and suddenly strikes out at Prism! You can see that it transformed itself into a wolf!

rawr!: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (9) + 7 = 16
ouch!: 1d10 - 1 ⇒ (8) - 1 = 7

Initiative!
Yellow Pugwampi
Quasit
Prism
Rova
Niksi
Mukluk

Red Pugwampi


F Cavern Elf Bard (maestro)/9 Hero Points: 3

@Everyone the wording on the aura specifies “checks.” By my reading, that does not include attack rolls or saves, so even if you fail, you shouldn’t need to roll twice on those

Will Save: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (17) + 6 = 23
Will Save: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (20) + 6 = 26

Niksi sighs. ”You do realize that is a demon, yes? Aside from the usual problems demons cause, it is probably related to the other demons we recently encountered, an accomplice to whatever they are up to. There is also the matter of them attempting to attack us, of course. A bit of cold iron would be lovely about now.”

Niksi turns her attention to the quasit, throwing her mental weight at it while she returns to her recitation.

Two actions to daze, one to inspire courage


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Male Dwarf
Moose:
Appr+6,Arc +9, Heal +6, Geog +7, Local+9, Nat +9, Perc +12, Driver 10,+4 SenseMot, Spellcraft +9

According to the hive mind, they are checks.

Round 2

Action 1: Stride.
Action 2: Interact.
Action 3: Strike.

”Fine. We tried to be nice,” Mukluk angers against a violent and uncaring world. He drops the Poker and draws the cold iron weapon. He moves up to strike at white box.

Melee:
ColdyVonPierceFace: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (19) + 10 = 29 to hit;
ColdyVonPierceFace: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (10) + 10 = 20 to hit;
P: 1d6 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 4 + 1 = 8 cold iron damage.

Muklucking:

Melee:
[ dice=Gouger]1d20+10[/dice] to hit;
[ dice=P]1d6+4[/dice] damage

Melee:
[ dice=Poker]1d20+10-4[/dice] to hit;
[ dice=P]1d4+4[/dice] damage

Melee:
[ dice=Poker]1d20+10-8[/dice] to hit;
[ dice=P]1d4+4[/dice] damage

AC: 20 +2 with shield action.
Fort/Ref/Will: 8/8/6
HP: 34/34 -3 -12 - 3 -14 +9

Focus: 1/3
Hero Points: 1
Speed: 20'
Luck? 0/1 used


F Cavern Elf Bard (maestro)/9 Hero Points: 3

Huh, well that's weird. I officially hate pugwampi even more than I thought


1 person marked this as a favorite.
F HP 146, AC 27 or 28, F+18/19, R +20/21, W +16/17, Hero Pts 3 Halfling circusfolk doomsayer 10

Said everyone everywhere, Niksi. Except GMs.

Quick stats:

HP 30/30
AC 19
Fort +8, Ref +10, Will +5
Hero points: 2
Effects: inspired, hunted (yellow), misfortune

Rova tries again to find an angle, reloading her slingstaff and firing another stone at the pugwumpi. This time fortune favors her and the stone slams home, though Prism's hair seems to throw it off ever so slightly from dead center in a slight stroke of ill luck think it should hit even with lesser (or regular) cover, though without any of that might be a crit.

Action 1: Step
Action 2: Reload
Action 3: Strike

Halfling sling staff: 1d20 + 8 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 8 + 1 = 26
Reroll: 1d20 + 8 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 8 + 1 = 26
Hunter's edge (precision/bludgeoning damage): 1d10 + 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (2) + (6) + 1 = 9


Female Gnome | HP 138/138 AC: 28 (29 w/shield) +2 AC vs Trap| F: +19 R: +21 (Evasion), W: +15 +2 vs traps | Perception: +16; +2 vs traps; +2 Init (M, Low-Light Vision) Default Exploration: Avoid Notice

"Ow!Ow!Ow! I was trying to be nice!" Prism yells as she slices her sickle at the quasit. "Theseare..demons?" The invisible shield protecting her other hand.

Deception (Feint) vs Perception DC: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (20) + 7 = 27

+1 Sickle: 1d20 + 9 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 9 + 1 = 29
Damage: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4
Sneak Attack Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 6

Cast Shield

Player Status:

HP 26/28
AC 19 (AC 20 w/ Shield)
Hero Points 1/3
Vibrant Display 1/10 minutes


Ghost Level Delve || Extinction Curse

Aw, poor pugwampis. No love.

Prism baffles the quasit so thoroughly that it is flat-footed to her for the next round! She then slices it with her magic sickle, nearly killing it. Crit!

Rova perfectly places a sling stone. I am a little unclear which one Rova is targeting: the quasit in front or one of the pugwampis, but I'm guessing the red pugwampi? The pugwampi crumbles! Crit!

Niksi tries to intrude on the quasit's brain, but it stands firm!
Will save: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (13) + 7 = 20

But only for a moment as Mukluk moves in with a cold iron weapon, taking down the wolf-shaped demon!

The remaining pugwampi looks around and then darts out through the door and takes off flying.

Mukluk AoO: 1d20 + 10 + 1 ⇒ (13) + 10 + 1 = 24 to hit;
Mukluk AoO: 1d20 + 10 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 10 + 1 = 12
P: 1d6 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 4 + 1 = 7 damage

It ducks under the swinging pick and flies away.

Out of combat unless you want to chase after it.

It's hard to tell which items on the floor came from which coffins. The pile of plunder includes a gold ring worth 10 gp and a bracelet of dashing.


Male Dwarf
Moose:
Appr+6,Arc +9, Heal +6, Geog +7, Local+9, Nat +9, Perc +12, Driver 10,+4 SenseMot, Spellcraft +9

!!! That’s a useful magical item!! Mukluk would love that as his current tromping speed is 15’, and might be very handy if the party needs to move quickly.

Mukluk sheathes ColdyVonPierceFace and picks up The Poker, still shaking his head.

”I didn’t want to fight none. They coulda taken their treasure and just left. I don’t care,” Mukluk looks down on the dead Pug. Shame.

He will look in the room, wondering why or how the bad things got in.

1d20 + 10 ⇒ (8) + 10 = 18 Perception
1d20 + 10 ⇒ (2) + 10 = 12 Perception


F HP 146, AC 27 or 28, F+18/19, R +20/21, W +16/17, Hero Pts 3 Halfling circusfolk doomsayer 10

Sorry, I was targeting yellow, since it was Hunted. I'll try to be clearer! Mukluk, feel free to take the bracelet. You'll look very fancy with it.

Rova nods.

"Yeah, it doesn't really matter. The dead don't need it, and if it's magical, they can actually use it when they Rise at The End!" she exclaims. "But ... demons ..."

She joins Mukluk in looking around, mostly for more demonic activity.

Perception (expert) (+2 circumstance bonus when using Seek action to find hidden or undetected creatures within 30 feet): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (6) + 7 = 13


Female Gnome | HP 138/138 AC: 28 (29 w/shield) +2 AC vs Trap| F: +19 R: +21 (Evasion), W: +15 +2 vs traps | Perception: +16; +2 vs traps; +2 Init (M, Low-Light Vision) Default Exploration: Avoid Notice

Definitely, lets see how fast we can make a dwarf move. Cannonball speed on his feet?

Prism giggles as Mukluk straps the bracelets onto his arms, "Should we check out the main building? See if there's anymore demons in town?"


2 people marked this as a favorite.
F Cavern Elf Bard (maestro)/9 Hero Points: 3

Niksi folds her arms. ”There was a demon, Mukluk. I do not care one way or the other about pugwampis taking trinkets, either, but we could hardly let a demon run around doing Gods knows what. A pattern of demonic activity is emerging here and we can hardly ignore it, as it seems to be related to the strange happenings in town that led to Thunder’s death.”

She softens her posture and tone as the brief rush of frustration abates. She then motions Mukluk aside so she can speak with him more privately. ”Dear Mukluk, this is not the first time this subject has come up. None of us here are meant to be fighters or adventurers by trade, so we are not exactly accustomed to combat, either. But there appears to be something deeper at work here with you, and it is a problem that I don’t anticipate going away soon, given the trajectory of our investigations, so I would like to address it. You are a valued member of this company and I want to know how to ease your burden, if I can.”

Just to be clear: I’m not annoyed or frustrated at all out of character. Niksi sees a problem or potential conflict within the circus and she immediately wants to fix it and gets frustrated when she doesn’t understand how to yet


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Male Dwarf
Moose:
Appr+6,Arc +9, Heal +6, Geog +7, Local+9, Nat +9, Perc +12, Driver 10,+4 SenseMot, Spellcraft +9

Mukluk pauses, carefully tilting an ear so that he can hear Niksi completely. It's just that sometimes he thinks he hears some pretty weird things and maybe fey are around casting hexes to make him hear the wrong things...and he doesn't want that here.

Niksi Drugova wrote:
”There was a demon, Mukluk...Dear Mukluk, this is not the first time this subject has come up. None of us here are meant to be fighters or adventurers by trade, so we are not exactly accustomed to combat, either.”

Mukluk crosses his arms to show that he is not feeling attacked or defensive in this whatsoever. This arm crossing, in his mind, totally shows how open he is to this discussion and how he's feeling about it. His grimace might look like pure disdain to some, but inside, he's deeply experiencing a symphony of emotions. Lol.

"Yeah, uh huh," Mukluk rubs the back of his neck, trying to make decisions. He's known Niksi for a while, same with Rova, and the walking kaleidoscope. It's hard to trust people. "Yeah, uh...what you don't know about me, or maybe you forgot...is that, uh...uh, I used to fight a lot. A. LOT. You know, for a living. And I'm piddlespottingly tired of it. You know? I don't want to fight if I don't have to. My body ain't much anymore," Mukluk rubs his hand over his bald head, and then to his shoulders, revealing many scars and wounds. "I don't want to fight no more. You know? I'll fight if I have to, but I'm done with all that. I don't care if the demons are stealing teeth. I really don't. I don't care. They can have them teeth."

Mukluk sighs deeply, tired in his core.

"You know? Back when I was young? Back when I had hair and fire in m' belly? I used to like fighting. I used to look forward to the fighting. But...but you know what? I'm done with it. I'm tired of hurting...and more tired of hurting others. I used to feel alive when I was in the ring, but now? You know what, Niksi? You know how I feel alive now? It's not fighting or hurting others. It's not that...it's the cheers from the children after I do m' cannonballin', you know? I have much more thrill from that than I ever did fightin'. That cannonballin'. Them 'ooohs' and 'aaahs'. That's better than hurting others."

Mukluk sighs again, both reliving the joys of an honest crowd's cheers and comparing that to the hurt of a fight.

"I want to find Thunder's killer as much as the next. But I also don't want to fight unless I have to. You can understand that...right?" Mukluk looks into Niksi's eyes, hoping she understands.

"If you want to ease my burden, then...then...then you'll help me avoid needless fights when we can. I don't want to hurt nobody."

Except that f@~*ing clown...the one that beat on Moose, my mule. I can't wait to meet him in a dark alley. I'll bust him good.


F HP 146, AC 27 or 28, F+18/19, R +20/21, W +16/17, Hero Pts 3 Halfling circusfolk doomsayer 10

"Well, soon we're not any of us going to be able to fight anymore," Rova pipes in helpfully. "I was going to say that would be nice, but ... I don't think it really will be. There won't be any more chil -- um, yeah, we can try not to fight as much as we can, but demons are bad. They may have just been stealing teeth here, but they also eat the children that are sacrificed to them!"


Female Gnome | HP 138/138 AC: 28 (29 w/shield) +2 AC vs Trap| F: +19 R: +21 (Evasion), W: +15 +2 vs traps | Perception: +16; +2 vs traps; +2 Init (M, Low-Light Vision) Default Exploration: Avoid Notice

Prism waits by the door of the larger building, looking back she realizes she is alone as Niksi and Mukluk look to be having some heated words. She shrugs and decides to peek into the door a crack.

Stealth +8 (+10 until your surroundings shift in coloration or pattern.)


F Cavern Elf Bard (maestro)/9 Hero Points: 3

Niksi’s smile matches that of her mask. She has always appreciated an earnest, straightforward conversation. It allows her to get to the heart of the issue faster. Niksi always wanted to be the good girl, even before anyone let her be a girl. She would see adults fight and listen to them argue, trying to devise the perfect comment to instantly defuse the conflict and make everyone happy again. It never worked, but she kept trying. The circus is her family, and family loves each other, even when they are annoying the crap out of each other.

”I appreciate your forthrightness, Mukluk. The great irony is that I trust you when battle is forced precisely because you dislike fighting. Those who dislike battle will end it quickly and without excess. I am sure you have seen this yourself.”

She strokes her chin softly enough that the wood of her hands and mask don’t make noise.

”Now...you have already done more than enough. Nobody could fault you if you found that you cannot stomach more of this work. You have put your life on the line where others did not, could not. I trust you to know what is best for yourself, what your limits are, and I will respect them. You and I may be two of the oldest people in our company. I know how well you get to know yourself after almost two centuries.”

She places a hand on Mukluk’s shoulder and looks him in the eyes.

”Should you wish to carry on, I shall redouble my efforts to resolve situations without fighting. I cannot guarantee that we will always agree on when fighting is necessary. I do not think either of us will ever be entirely happy. But I can be entirely happy with that arrangement. Such is how people are. What matters is that we are trying to come together. Can you agree to that?”

She holds out her hand for a shake.


Male Dwarf
Moose:
Appr+6,Arc +9, Heal +6, Geog +7, Local+9, Nat +9, Perc +12, Driver 10,+4 SenseMot, Spellcraft +9
Niksi Drugova wrote:
”The great irony is that I trust you when battle is forced precisely because you dislike fighting. Those who dislike battle will end it quickly and without excess. I am sure you have seen this yourself.”

Mukluk tilts his head to one side, uncomfortable with having others remember for him how much fighting he had done. How much killing. As if he liked the feel of it when the Gouger found a mark. He shivers. Frowns. Looks down. Ow. No more. No more fightin'.

Niksi Drugova wrote:
”Should you wish to carry on, I shall redouble my efforts to resolve situations without fighting. What matters is that we are trying to come together. Can you agree to that?” She holds out her hand for a shake.

Mukluk looks at the hand, then at Niksi.

"You don't want me to change anything, right? Yeah, I can do that. I can do that no problem," Mukluk smiles. It's not a good smile. Not pretty. Or nice. But earnest in this case. "Thank you for hearing me. It's good. It's very good." He takes her hand and gives it a shake.

Mukluk spins, nodding to the group and goes to save Prism from whatever danger she's stirred up.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Ghost Level Delve || Extinction Curse

Hero Point to Niksi and Mukluk!

Prism, meanwhile, sneaks over to the main church building and looks at the porch.

A wide, high porch of white wood fronts the town church. Two stained glass windows face the road; the one to the north depicts Abadar, the Master of the First Vault, and the one to the south is emblazoned with dozens of golden keys. Both are broken in several places, with bits of yellowish glass littering the porch. The door frame around the wood‑and-brass door is splintered.

She then peeks in through a window.

The nave is filled with long wooden pews marred by long claw marks. Comfortable cushions of gold velvet have been shredded, their feather stuffing spilling out upon the benches and the wood floor. Leather-bound books have been yanked from the small wooden shelves built into the back of each pew and torn apart, their illuminated pages mixing with the accumulated mess that covers the ground.

A chancel at the west end of the nave contains an altar in front of a magnificent mural of Abadar and other gods defeating the monstrous Rovagug. The altar has the appearance of a desk, although its cloth-of-gold covering, abacus, scales, and ledgers are ripped and knocked over.

In the northwest corner of the sanctuary, an overturned stone font leans against a stone door.

There is a quasit like the one you just fought and another larger creature, both tearing the inside of the church apart.

Religion to identify the larger creature.


Female Gnome | HP 138/138 AC: 28 (29 w/shield) +2 AC vs Trap| F: +19 R: +21 (Evasion), W: +15 +2 vs traps | Perception: +16; +2 vs traps; +2 Init (M, Low-Light Vision) Default Exploration: Avoid Notice

GM Religion Recall Knowledge:
Untrained Religion: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (20) + 0 = 20

Prism stands on her tippy toes and rubs the dirt off of the window with her sleeve as she tries to get a better look at the larger creature.


Ghost Level Delve || Extinction Curse

Prism knows the sight of an abrikandilu! Wrecker demons, also known as abrikandilus, despise beautiful things and do everything in their power to destroy both people and objects that might be regarded as such. An abrikandilu forms from the soul of a mortal who in life was a vandal or defacer of artworks, particularly if those acts of destruction stemmed from feelings of powerful envy.

The only thing an abrikandilu loathes more than beauty is its own visage. The mere sight of its own face—reflected in a mirror, a shield, or even a pool of water—is enough to send a wrecker demon into a rage. Many demon slayers use this tactic to their advantage, venturing into battle with polished steel shields and cold iron blades at the ready.

Weak to cold iron and good, take damage from seeing their reflection, good at sundering objects, and their bite can mutilate your appearance


Female Gnome | HP 138/138 AC: 28 (29 w/shield) +2 AC vs Trap| F: +19 R: +21 (Evasion), W: +15 +2 vs traps | Perception: +16; +2 vs traps; +2 Init (M, Low-Light Vision) Default Exploration: Avoid Notice

Prism gulps and leaps back down. She runs as quickly as she can back to Mukluk and Niksi. "Thereisa..quasit..anda..abrikan..abrikan..abrikan..Wrecker Demon in there." She explains all she knows about the demon and it scares here. "What do we do?" She breathes heavy from the run.


Male Dwarf
Moose:
Appr+6,Arc +9, Heal +6, Geog +7, Local+9, Nat +9, Perc +12, Driver 10,+4 SenseMot, Spellcraft +9

”A record demon?” Mukluk asks, confused. ”Does it tabulate evils then?”

Mukluk knows the party doesn’t like demons much, and draws out The Gouger and ColdyVonPierceFace as well.

”Well, if we’re going to go tear up those records, we should do that.”


F HP 146, AC 27 or 28, F+18/19, R +20/21, W +16/17, Hero Pts 3 Halfling circusfolk doomsayer 10

"Does anyone have a mirror?" Rova asks, looking at Niksi, who seems most likely to have one, if only to make sure she's looking wooden.

Rova wishes she had some cold iron that she could use to help and not just her sling, which she makes sure is loaded. When the time comes, she plans to sneak close, to see if she can try to get a look at this demon herself before they start fighting.

When we're ready, I'm going to try to Sneak close, so I can Hunt Prey (hopefully before the abrikandilu) before the fight starts.
Stealth (trained): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (1) + 8 = 9


F Cavern Elf Bard (maestro)/9 Hero Points: 3

Religion: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (12) + 4 = 16

Niksi sighs as she shrugs. ”No mirrors here, I am afraid. I never anticipated needing one this far away from my quarters for so long.”

Niksi motions for the others close to listen. ”Let’s try to see if we can question one. Maybe we can find out where they are coming from and why?”


Male Dwarf
Moose:
Appr+6,Arc +9, Heal +6, Geog +7, Local+9, Nat +9, Perc +12, Driver 10,+4 SenseMot, Spellcraft +9

Mukluk is happy to enter when others are ready.


Female Gnome | HP 138/138 AC: 28 (29 w/shield) +2 AC vs Trap| F: +19 R: +21 (Evasion), W: +15 +2 vs traps | Perception: +16; +2 vs traps; +2 Init (M, Low-Light Vision) Default Exploration: Avoid Notice

Prism nods that she is ready. As the door opens she tries to quickly sneak off into the darker corner of the room.

Stealth:

Stealth: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (19) + 8 = 27


Ghost Level Delve || Extinction Curse

Initiative:

Abrikandilu: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (17) + 10 = 27
Quasit: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (9) + 7 = 16
Stealth, Rova: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (12) + 8 = 20
Stealth, Corkas: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (14) + 10 = 24
Perception, Mukluk: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (10) + 8 = 18
Perception, Niksi: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9

Prism sneaks in behind the pews on one side. Rova attempts to do the same, but trips on a piece of rubble.

Abrikandilu (doesn't see Prism)
Prism
Rova
Mukluk
Niksi

Quasit (doesn't see Prism or Rova)

The abrikandilu suddenly jumps as it hears a sound. It rips a piece of furniture from the stage and hurls it down the aisle at Mukluk. As the table leg goes over Mukluk's head, it keeps tossing more rubble.

hurled debris, range increment: 1d20 + 11 - 2 ⇒ (9) + 11 - 2 = 18
ouch!: 2d6 + 4 ⇒ (3, 6) + 4 = 13

hurled debris, range increment: 1d20 + 11 - 2 - 5 ⇒ (14) + 11 - 2 - 5 = 18
ouch!: 2d6 + 4 ⇒ (6, 6) + 4 = 16

hurled debris, range increment: 1d20 + 11 - 2 - 10 ⇒ (8) + 11 - 2 - 10 = 7
ouch!: 2d6 + 4 ⇒ (3, 1) + 4 = 8

Everybody up! Prism's Stealth initiative beat the wrecker demon's Perception DC, so Prism is Hidden to the Wrecker Demon. Prism and Rova's Stealth initiative beat the quasit's Perception DC, so it sees neither of ou.


Female Gnome | HP 138/138 AC: 28 (29 w/shield) +2 AC vs Trap| F: +19 R: +21 (Evasion), W: +15 +2 vs traps | Perception: +16; +2 vs traps; +2 Init (M, Low-Light Vision) Default Exploration: Avoid Notice

Prism ignites a small ball of flames in her hand as she moves pew to pew. Ducking down she tosses it at the Wrecker demon from behind one of the long benches.

Produce Flame: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (14) + 7 = 21
Damage: 1d4 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6

◆ (Move)
◆◆ (Produce Flame)

Status:

HP 26/28
AC 19 (AC 20 w/ Shield)
Hero Points 1/3
Vibrant Display 1/10 minutes


F Cavern Elf Bard (maestro)/9 Hero Points: 3

Niksi draws her dagger and waterphone and begins a haunting tune. She gives Mukluk a thoughtful glance and bows her head in apology.

Interact, interact, inspire courage


F HP 146, AC 27 or 28, F+18/19, R +20/21, W +16/17, Hero Pts 3 Halfling circusfolk doomsayer 10

Status:

HP 30/30
AC 19
Fort +8, Ref +10, Will +5
Hero points: 2
Effects: Hunted Prey (abrikandilu)

Studying her target, Rova fires a sling bullet at the abrikandilu and then rushes to reload her staff.

Action 1: Hunt Prey
Action 2: Strike
Action 3: Reload

Halfling sling staff: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (3) + 8 = 11
Hunter's edge (precision/bludgeoning damage): 1d10 + 1d8 ⇒ (9) + (3) = 12


Male Dwarf
Moose:
Appr+6,Arc +9, Heal +6, Geog +7, Local+9, Nat +9, Perc +12, Driver 10,+4 SenseMot, Spellcraft +9

Round 1

Action 1: Stride.
Action 2: Stride.
Action 3: Strike.

”I wish you wouldn't throw trash at us,” Mukluk grunts as he clanks up to confront the first foe. He swings with Coldy VonPierceFace, the cold iron pick.

Melee:
ColdyVonPierceFace: 1d20 + 10 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 10 + 1 = 20 to hit;
P: 1d6 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 4 + 1 = 9 cold iron damage

Muklucking:

Melee:
[ dice=Gouger]1d20+10[/dice] to hit;
[ dice=P]1d6+4[/dice] damage

Melee:
[ dice=Poker]1d20+10-4[/dice] to hit;
[ dice=P]1d4+4[/dice] damage

Melee:
[ dice=Poker]1d20+10-8[/dice] to hit;
[ dice=P]1d4+4[/dice] damage

AC: 20 +2 with shield action.
Fort/Ref/Will:  8/8/6
HP: 34/34

Focus: 1/3
Hero Points: 1
Speed: 15'
Luck? 0/1 used


Ghost Level Delve || Extinction Curse

Prism blasts the wrecker demon with fire.

Rova examines her prey, but struggles to connect with her slingstaff.

Mukluk whacks the quasit up on the stage, and the cold iron seems to singe its skin. It hisses.

Niksi starts a haunting tune to match the mood.

The quasit turns invisible, provoking an attack from Mukluk.

ColdyVonPiercyFace: 1d20 + 10 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 10 + 1 = 22 to hit;
P: 1d6 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 4 + 1 = 8 damage

Mukluk nearly takes its head off, but it completes its spell and vanishes.

Mukluk hears more strange chanting from the same spot.

Abyssal healing: 1d6 ⇒ 2

The abrikandilu moves to the front of the stage, first throwing more junk at Mukluk and then at Prism.

hurled debris at Mukluk: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (12) + 11 = 23
ouch!: 2d6 + 4 ⇒ (4, 5) + 4 = 13

hurled debris at Prism: 1d20 + 11 - 5 ⇒ (3) + 11 - 5 = 9
ouch!: 2d6 + 4 ⇒ (6, 5) + 4 = 15

Abrikandilu -6 hp
Prism
Rova
Mukluk
Niksi

Quasit -21 hp


F HP 146, AC 27 or 28, F+18/19, R +20/21, W +16/17, Hero Pts 3 Halfling circusfolk doomsayer 10

Quick stats:

HP 30/30
AC 19
Fort +8, Ref +10, Will +5
Hero points: 2
Effects: Hunted Prey (abrikandilu), inspired

Rova closes in and fires again at the abrikandilu, this time her stone flying more true.

Action 1: Stride
Action 2: Strike
Action 3: Reload

Halfling sling staff: 1d20 + 8 + 1 ⇒ (13) + 8 + 1 = 22
Hunter's edge (precision/bludgeoning damage): 1d10 + 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (10) + (4) + 1 = 15


Male Dwarf
Moose:
Appr+6,Arc +9, Heal +6, Geog +7, Local+9, Nat +9, Perc +12, Driver 10,+4 SenseMot, Spellcraft +9

Round 3

Action 1: Stride.
Action 2: Strike.
Action 3: Strike.

”I thought I asked you to stop throwing things,” Mukluk explains to the ‘record demon’ as he swings Coldy VonPierceFace twice.

Melee:
ColdyVonPierceFace: 1d20 + 10 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 10 + 1 = 14 to hit;
P: 1d6 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 4 + 1 = 10 cold iron damage

Melee:
ColdyVonPierceFace: 1d20 + 10 + 1 - 5 ⇒ (11) + 10 + 1 - 5 = 17 to hit;
P: 1d6 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 4 + 1 = 10 cold iron damage

Muklucking:

Melee:
[ dice=Gouger]1d20+10[/dice] to hit;
[ dice=P]1d6+4[/dice] damage

Melee:
[ dice=Poker]1d20+10-4[/dice] to hit;
[ dice=P]1d4+4[/dice] damage

Melee:
[ dice=Poker]1d20+10-8[/dice] to hit;
[ dice=P]1d4+4[/dice] damage

AC: 20 +2 with shield action.
Fort/Ref/Will: 8/8/6
HP: 34/34 - 13

Focus: 1/3
Hero Points: 1
Speed: 20'
Luck? 0/1 used


Female Gnome | HP 138/138 AC: 28 (29 w/shield) +2 AC vs Trap| F: +19 R: +21 (Evasion), W: +15 +2 vs traps | Perception: +16; +2 vs traps; +2 Init (M, Low-Light Vision) Default Exploration: Avoid Notice

Prism moves in behind the stage, slashing her sickle up at the demon. "Got him down here Muk!"

+1 Sickle; Inspire: 1d20 + 9 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 9 + 1 = 22
damage: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2
Sneak Attack Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 2

+1 Sickle; Inspire: 1d20 + 9 + 1 - 4 ⇒ (2) + 9 + 1 - 4 = 8
damage: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5
Sneak Attack Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 1

◆ (Move)
◆ (Attack)
◆ (Attack)

Status:

HP 26/28
AC 19 (AC 20 w/ Shield)
Hero Points 1/3
Vibrant Display 1/10 minutes


F Cavern Elf Bard (maestro)/9 Hero Points: 3

Niksi circles around the pews as she continues her performance.

Stride, stride, inspire courage


Ghost Level Delve || Extinction Curse

Prism nicks the wrecker demon's heels and calls out to Mukluk.

Rova perfectly places her slingstaff bullet this time, hitting the abrikandilu square in the forehead.

Mukluk misses with his first swing, but strikes true with his second, thanks to Prism's flank. The cold iron sizzles as it strikes demon flesh.

Nikis moves in closer to the action and continues to inspire her allies.

There's a sound of spellcasting and the quasit leaps off the stage to attack Rova. When it suddenly appears, it is now vaguely wolf-shaped.

jaws: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (18) + 7 = 25
ouch!: 1d10 - 1 ⇒ (7) - 1 = 6

The wrecker demon roars and bites at Mukluk.

jaws: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (10) + 14 = 24
ouch!: 3d6 + 4 ⇒ (6, 1, 1) + 4 = 12 and a Fort save

It then claws at Prism once and moves to the other side of the stage, out of the flank.

jaws: 1d20 + 14 - 4 ⇒ (18) + 14 - 4 = 28
ouch!: 2d6 + 4 ⇒ (2, 1) + 4 = 7

Mukluk takes an AoO.

ColdyVonPierceFace: 1d20 + 10 + 1 ⇒ (20) + 10 + 1 = 31 to hit;
P, crit: 1d10 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 4 + 1 = 12 doubled plus 1d10 ⇒ 9

And gets a mighty hit, which takes the creature down!

Everyone is up, quasit still up.

Prism
Rova
Mukluk
Niksi

Quasit -21 hp


Male Dwarf
Moose:
Appr+6,Arc +9, Heal +6, Geog +7, Local+9, Nat +9, Perc +12, Driver 10,+4 SenseMot, Spellcraft +9

Round 4

Action 1: Stride.
Action 2: Strike.
Action 3: Strike.

1d20 + 8 ⇒ (10) + 8 = 18 Fort

After taking another blow, Mukluk shakes the ichor off his pick, moving to finish of the whatsit?.

Melee:
ColdyVonPierceFace: 1d20 + 10 + 1 ⇒ (18) + 10 + 1 = 29 to hit;
P: 1d6 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 4 + 1 = 6 cold iron damage
If crit: 2d10 + 8 + 2 + 1d10 ⇒ (7, 7) + 8 + 2 + (8) = 32 cold iron piercing damage.

Melee:
ColdyVonPierceFace: 1d20 + 10 + 1 - 5 ⇒ (11) + 10 + 1 - 5 = 17 to hit;
P: 1d6 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 4 + 1 = 7 cold iron damage

Muklucking:

Melee:
[ dice=Gouger]1d20+10[/dice] to hit;
[ dice=P]1d6+4[/dice] damage

Melee:
[ dice=Poker]1d20+10-4[/dice] to hit;
[ dice=P]1d4+4[/dice] damage

Melee:
[ dice=Poker]1d20+10-8[/dice] to hit;
[ dice=P]1d4+4[/dice] damage

[ooc]If crit: 2d10 + 8 + 2 + 1d10 ⇒ (1, 10) + 8 + 2 + (5) = 26 cold iron piercing damage.

AC: 20 +2 with shield action.
Fort/Ref/Will: 8/8/6
HP: 34/34 - 13-12

Focus: 1/3
Hero Points: 1
Speed: 20'
Luck? 0/1 used


F HP 146, AC 27 or 28, F+18/19, R +20/21, W +16/17, Hero Pts 3 Halfling circusfolk doomsayer 10

Status:

HP 24/30
AC 19
Fort +8, Ref +10, Will +5
Hero points: 2
Effects:

"Ouch!" Rova cries, turning her attention to the quasit. She drops her slingstaff, pulling her filcher's fork and stabbing twice with it!

Action 1: Hunt Prey
Action 2: Quick draw
Action 3: Strike
Filcher's Fork: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (8) + 8 = 16
Hunter's edge (precision/piercing damage): 1d4 + 1d8 ⇒ (3) + (5) = 8

Filcher's Fork: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (13) + 5 = 18
Piercing damage: 1d4 ⇒ 1


Female Gnome | HP 138/138 AC: 28 (29 w/shield) +2 AC vs Trap| F: +19 R: +21 (Evasion), W: +15 +2 vs traps | Perception: +16; +2 vs traps; +2 Init (M, Low-Light Vision) Default Exploration: Avoid Notice

With the Wrecker demon down Prism climbs the stage and swipes quickly at the quasit.

Deception (Feint) vs Perception DC: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (8) + 7 = 15

+1 Sickle; Inspire: 1d20 + 9 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 9 + 1 = 24
Damage: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5
Sneak Attack Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 6

◆ (Move)
◆ (Feint)
◆ (Attack)

Status:

HP 19/28
AC 19 (AC 20 w/ Shield)
Hero Points 1/3
Vibrant Display 1/10 minutes


Ghost Level Delve || Extinction Curse

Prism sneaks up behind the demon and stabs it with her sickle.

Out of combat!

You suddenly hear a thumping noise from the door that has the stone font leaning against it.

"Hello...are there people here? Please help me!"


Male Dwarf
Moose:
Appr+6,Arc +9, Heal +6, Geog +7, Local+9, Nat +9, Perc +12, Driver 10,+4 SenseMot, Spellcraft +9

Hp 7/32

Though he is pretty banged up, Mukluk moves to open the door. He'll open it, with ColdyVonPierceFace at the ready.

"Yeah, I'm here, I'm here," he grouses, looking at his many wounds.


Female Gnome | HP 138/138 AC: 28 (29 w/shield) +2 AC vs Trap| F: +19 R: +21 (Evasion), W: +15 +2 vs traps | Perception: +16; +2 vs traps; +2 Init (M, Low-Light Vision) Default Exploration: Avoid Notice

Prism pushes on the stone slab and grunts as her feet slide out from beneath her. "It'stoo..heavy!" She cups her hands against the door. "Weare..here..hangin...there. Wewill.haveyou...outsoon"


F HP 146, AC 27 or 28, F+18/19, R +20/21, W +16/17, Hero Pts 3 Halfling circusfolk doomsayer 10

"Hold on!" Rova calls. "Can you get it, Mukluk? I can see if Thkrull can make it in here, if you need help."

Assuming I can't help MK for another hour still...


Male Dwarf
Moose:
Appr+6,Arc +9, Heal +6, Geog +7, Local+9, Nat +9, Perc +12, Driver 10,+4 SenseMot, Spellcraft +9

Do we need rolls? I dunno.

1d20 + 8 ⇒ (2) + 8 = 10 Athletics
1d20 + 8 ⇒ (4) + 8 = 12 Athletics

Mukluk spits on his hands and tries again.

1d20 + 8 ⇒ (9) + 8 = 17 Athletics
1d20 + 8 ⇒ (14) + 8 = 22 Athletics


Ghost Level Delve || Extinction Curse

The group, with some effort, pulls the stone font away from the door.

A man emerges, dressed in holy robes of Abadar. His face is mangled, but he still has a look of gratitude. As he looks around the demolished church, his eyes fill with tears.

"Ah, it was Abadar’s will that sent you here to my rescue. I am Father Nellyn. It was terrible: a hunchbacked demon, two flying fiends, and
two masked men charged into the church. I tried to fight, but the hunchbacked demon was too powerful, and I was forced to flee. I took shelter in the one place I knew Abadar would never permit to be violated: the vault. The demon didn’t follow me, but it jammed the door shut from the other side somehow, and I've been trapped there ever since."


F HP 146, AC 27 or 28, F+18/19, R +20/21, W +16/17, Hero Pts 3 Halfling circusfolk doomsayer 10

"Right," Rova agrees, trying to explain. "I'm pretty sure they're harbingers of Rovagug's return, but we're trying to stop them anyway."

She looks around.

"Maybe you can help our friend, Mukluk? I think that's the last demon, but there's still a lot of strange stuff happening. I think we have to go to the Hermitage to really get to the bottom of it..."


Male Dwarf
Moose:
Appr+6,Arc +9, Heal +6, Geog +7, Local+9, Nat +9, Perc +12, Driver 10,+4 SenseMot, Spellcraft +9

Mukluk will help pull the man out, then take a sit someplace to avoid bleeding all over the church, instead limited to just one really messy pew.

He'll borrow a healer's kit and try to mend his wounds while giving the priest some room to grieve for what has happened to his holy place.

1d20 + 6 ⇒ (14) + 6 = 20 Medicine
2d8 ⇒ (8, 1) = 9 HP 16/32.

"Sorry 'bout your church. We may have buried some weird worm demons in your yard outside. I dunno...seemed like the right thing to do."

1 to 50 of 3,745 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Kate's Extinction Curse [closed] All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.