GM Kate's Extinction Curse [closed]

Game Master Kate Baker


551 to 600 of 3,635 << first < prev | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | next > last >>

F HP 146, AC 27 or 28, F+18/19, R +20/21, W +16/17, Hero Pts 3 Halfling circusfolk doomsayer 10

Status:

HP 24/30
AC 19
Fort +8, Ref +10, Will +5
Hero points: 2
Effects: Inspired

Seeing Thkrull is in trouble and that Mukluk seems to have things well in hand, Rova quickly reloads her staff and fires at the second earth mephit, calling out for the elephant to defend himself.

Action 1: Command an Animal
Action 2: Reload
Action 3: Strike
Halfling sling staff: 1d20 + 8 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 8 + 1 = 16
Bludgeoning damage: 1d10 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8


HP 108, AC 27/28, F+18, R+18, W+17, Per +17 Savage elephant animal companion 10

Status:

HP 16
AC 15 (2 Dex, 2 trained unarmored, 1 level)
Fort +5, Ref +5, Will +4
Perception +4, Acrobatics +5, Athletics +6, Intimidation +3
Status: Inspired

Thkrull sneers pachydermically at the still-little earth thing, which even bigger seems awfully puny. Since his halfling doesn't seem to care if he dispatches it, he kicks at it. That will teach it to attack its bigger and betters.

Foot: 1d20 + 6 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 6 + 1 = 19
Bludgeoning damage: 1d8 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 3 + 1 = 9

Tusk (agile): 1d20 + 6 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 6 + 1 = 14
Piercing damage: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7


F Cavern Elf Bard (maestro)/9 Hero Points: 3

Niksi retreats back into the barn as her song continues to linger. She launches a mental attack on the earth creature.

Casting daze on green. 4 damage with a basic will save, and it is stunned 1 if it crit fails

Stride, two actions to daze, song is lingering


Finding the Forgotten || Extinction Curse

Mukluk makes two powerful Strikes, but can he target the amorphous air creature?

flat check for concealment 1: 1d20 ⇒ 19
flat check for concealment 2: 1d20 ⇒ 9

He can! A hit followed by a crit takes out the air creature!

Niksi then tries to stun the remaining Earth creature.

Will save: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (13) + 3 = 16

It is struck by Niksi's sheer force of will!

Rova follows up with a perfectly aimed bullet from her slingstaff, taking out the earth creature.

Do you want Thkrull to do something else with his target gone?

The fire creature breathes on Mukluk! It then flies up and away!

fire!: 2d4 ⇒ (4, 2) = 6, and 1d4 ⇒ 2 persistent fire damage, DC 17 basic Reflex save which also negates the persistent.

The other fire mephit should have also done persistent damage with its breath weapon, but I'm not going to retcon because that would have changed too much of the battle.

Initiative!
Mukluk
Niksi
Rova

Yellow Fire Thing
Prism


F HP 146, AC 27 or 28, F+18/19, R +20/21, W +16/17, Hero Pts 3 Halfling circusfolk doomsayer 10

No, I'll leave Thkrull where he was. If you allowed, I'll use that action to Reload instead.

Quick stats:

HP 24/30
AC 19
Fort +8, Ref +10, Will +5
Hero points: 2
Effects: Inspired

Action 1: Stride
Action 2: Reload
Action 3: Strike

Rova hurries to the edge of the barn, where she can see the fire thing, and fires a stone at it!

Halfling sling staff: 1d20 + 8 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 8 + 1 = 17
Bludgeoning damage: 1d10 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4
Hunter's edge? (precision damage) if I was able to Reload last round: 1d8 ⇒ 5


Female Gnome | HP 138/138 AC: 28 (29 w/shield) +2 AC vs Trap| F: +19 R: +21 (Evasion), W: +15 +2 vs traps | Perception: +16; +2 vs traps; +2 Init (M, Low-Light Vision) Default Exploration: Avoid Notice

Prism rounds the corner, grabbing a dagger from her sheathe and tosses it into the air. "Whatis..goingon!?"

Ranged Dagger; range increment; Inspire: 1d20 + 8 - 2 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 8 - 2 + 1 = 9
Damage: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5

Player Status:

HP 16/28
AC 19 (AC 20 w/ Shield)
Hero Points 1/3
Vibrant Display 1/10 minutes


Male Dwarf
Moose:
Arc +7, Heal +6, Geog +5, Local/Nat +8, Perc +10

Round 3

Action 1: Stride.
Action 2: Interact.
Action 3: Throw.

1d20 + 8 ⇒ (9) + 8 = 17 Reflex Fire resist 1.

'Haw Haw! A little fire never hurt me! Hawhaw!" Mukluk moves up. He drops Poker, and draws a javelin. He throws it at the nasty creature.

Ranged:
1d20 + 8 + 1 ⇒ (20) + 8 + 1 = 29 to hit;
P: 1d6 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 4 + 1 = 6 damage

Muklucking:

Melee:
[ dice=Gouger]1d20+10[/dice] to hit;
[ dice=P]1d6+4[/dice] damage

Melee:
[ dice=Poker]1d20+10-4[/dice] to hit;
[ dice=P]1d4+4[/dice] damage

Melee:
[ dice=Poker]1d20+10-8[/dice] to hit;
[ dice=P]1d4+4[/dice] damage

AC: 20 +2 with shield action.
Fort/Ref/Will: 8/8/6
HP: 34/34

Focus: 1/3
Hero Points: 1
Speed: 20'
Luck? 0/1 used


1 person marked this as a favorite.
F HP 146, AC 27 or 28, F+18/19, R +20/21, W +16/17, Hero Pts 3 Halfling circusfolk doomsayer 10

Good think Mukluk has fire resistance, because he's ON FIRE! (Back to back natty 20s)


Finding the Forgotten || Extinction Curse

The reload is fine!

Prism's dagger goes wide. Mukluk sends a javelin right through the center of the creature and Rova follows that up with a sling bullet. The last creature falls.

Out of combat!

You hear the family inside continuing to call for help.


Female Gnome | HP 138/138 AC: 28 (29 w/shield) +2 AC vs Trap| F: +19 R: +21 (Evasion), W: +15 +2 vs traps | Perception: +16; +2 vs traps; +2 Init (M, Low-Light Vision) Default Exploration: Avoid Notice

Prism rushes in to check on the family. "Areyou..alright?" She uses her sickle to cut their bonds and help them to their feet.


Male Dwarf
Moose:
Arc +7, Heal +6, Geog +5, Local/Nat +8, Perc +10

Mukluk checks to make sure he’s not still on fire anyplace, then goes to retrieve both his weapons. He puts away the javelin, and sheaths the Poker.

He will follow Prism into the barn, looking around for things of interest while the gnome frees the family.

1d20 + 8 ⇒ (5) + 8 = 13 Perception

”Hey family. Did they say while you were captured?”


1 person marked this as a favorite.
F HP 146, AC 27 or 28, F+18/19, R +20/21, W +16/17, Hero Pts 3 Halfling circusfolk doomsayer 10

Rova joins the others in the barn, waiting to hear answers to Mukluk's question (since he probably wouldn't).

She's glad she insisted they come to the barn. She thinks for a moment about telling her dwarven friend that she told him so, but resists. She'd learned in her childhood there was no point in "told-you-so's," if only because after the world ended, they wouldn't actually be able to tell all the naysayers that they had in fact been right.


Finding the Forgotten || Extinction Curse

Seirah Miller starts talking and the words just seem to tumble out. "It was just to stick it to Abberton, I think. The mill is essential, you see. There was a halfling in charge, Nemmia is her name. She seemed to blame Abberton for anything and everything—heat waves, dry spells, wells going dry, and even a decline in birth rates among local animals. She was from the Hermitage of the Blessed Lightning, she talked about it all the time when she wasn't yelling about Abberton. She can command the mephits and the animals, especially the rats that follow her everywhere. Her plan, as best I can tell, is to terrorize Abberton so persistently that everyone would leave; when she heard about the arrival of a circus, that's you, isn't it, you must be the circus, she seized on it as a highly visible target and was certain the town would evacuate if the entire circus were slaughtered. Her only visitors this whole time were two members of the Hermitage of Blessed Lightning with strange, loose skin. These awful worm‑like creatures burst out of the hermits, and after some horrible screaming, the Lindell brothers—this is their barn, you know—just walked right out of there with that same strange looseness in their skin, like somebody wearing a Lindell suit! It all happened over in that stall there and I'm sure glad we couldn't see it."

The family seems hungry and dehydrated, but otherwise unharmed.


2 people marked this as a favorite.
F Cavern Elf Bard (maestro)/9 Hero Points: 3

So we're looking for two guys that look like Edgar from Men in Black. I wonder if they like sugar water?

Niksi is fascinated by this talk of worm-like creatures wearing people like suits. The horror fan in her begins thinking of all the ways in which someone might be able to unsettle people with that type of act. Sense takes over once more and she realizes that she is being more than a bit insensitive to this situation.

"I believe that we have met this Nemmia. We have her tied-up back at the circus. We can get you all some food and drink and we can offer you the protection of our home, if you so desire, until this matter is dealt with."

She pulls back to have an aside with her comrades.

"It looks like we are going to track these Lindell brothers next. We should probably be quick, lest they jump to new bodies and we lose the trail again."

She looks to the family once more. "Do you know where we might find the Lindell brothers?"


Female Gnome | HP 138/138 AC: 28 (29 w/shield) +2 AC vs Trap| F: +19 R: +21 (Evasion), W: +15 +2 vs traps | Perception: +16; +2 vs traps; +2 Init (M, Low-Light Vision) Default Exploration: Avoid Notice

Prism shudders at the though of worms spilling out of her body. "Didthey..talkabout..going..anywhere?" prism hands over her waterskin, as she sits on the ground. "If not there is the church nearby we can investigate?"


Male Dwarf
Moose:
Arc +7, Heal +6, Geog +5, Local/Nat +8, Perc +10

Mukluk helps the family to their feets and hopefully returns any fancy scarves that anyone is wearing back to them. Who has the family loot? Anyone?

”Isn’t there a church we needed to investigate?” Mukluk offers up his own question.


F HP 146, AC 27 or 28, F+18/19, R +20/21, W +16/17, Hero Pts 3 Halfling circusfolk doomsayer 10

"You mean the Hermitage?" Rova verifies. "I think so, but I think we should maybe free these brothers first."

As the group returns the equipment to the family, she apologizes.

"We were trying to find clues what happened to you, and thought the scarf might help us," she says. "In case we needed some link to you or something." Sort of a Lie, but also sort of true ...

She heads over to the other stall to see what she can find. Worms that walk around in other people's bodies does make a lot of sense, she thinks. Clearly something that was bound to start happening. That said, she steps carefully, trying to make sure there's no more worms that want to walk around in her body.

Perception (expert) (+2 circumstance bonus when using Seek action to find hidden or undetected creatures within 30 feet): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (12) + 7 = 19


Finding the Forgotten || Extinction Curse

Point of order, since this part is a little confusing. Nemmia is from the Hermitage of Blessed Lightning. Mayor Abber went there to talk to the head hermit about you visiting, but he hasn't come back yet. There is also a Church of Abadar in town. Cubby the Dog-Faced Dog, an awakened beagle, smelled something undead on the grounds, which is your only lead there.

"No, we were trying not to look at them go and we hoped they wouldn't notice us. Yes, we would love to stay with you at the circus, since they took us from our home once already. We can pay you! If you go to our mill, there's a lockbox under the bed and you can have the contents."

Rova investigates the stall and finds two piles of skin left behind by the strange creatures from the Hermitage of Blessed Lightning. These remains, each from a middle-aged human male, are clad in gray robes the color of a storm cloud and a wooden religious symbol of Gozreh. The religious symbols have been defaced with jagged runes. Two bloody tridents lean against the wall of the stall.

DC 16 Religion or DC 18 Arcana or Occultism:
You recognize the runes on the holy symbols as demonic symbols.

Assuming someone checks the loft upstairs...
The loft is mostly bare; it contains only a small bedroll and a prodigious quantity of rat droppings. The wood floor of the loft is engraved with a detailed circle of runes. There is an oil of mending near the bedroll.

DC 16 Religion or DC 18 Arcana or Occultism:
You identify several sigils that represent Gozreh, as well as many demonic runes.

And in searching the scrub outside, you find some bloody boots and a wide-brimmed hat. You also find a silver chain worth 15 gp and a savior spike among the thorns. When the Hawftons see the items, Seirah exclaims, "Oh! Those belong to Sheriff Ralhain!"


F HP 146, AC 27 or 28, F+18/19, R +20/21, W +16/17, Hero Pts 3 Halfling circusfolk doomsayer 10

Religion (untrained): 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 1 = 13 Oops; I'm not trained yet in Religion. Apparently they didn't teach mainstream religion in my cult
Religion (untrained): 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 1 = 18

"Hey, look what I found," Rova calls.

"Those are demonic runes!" Of course she knows what those are; that's End Times Cult 101.

Outside, a look of worry crosses her face.

"Does that mean he's dead? Or a worm creature?" she wonders.

Oil of mending:

A vial of oil of mending appears to have countless translucent
threads swirling within. Applying this oil to an item casts a
2nd-level mending spell to repair the item.

Savior spike:

Activate [free-action] command; Trigger You attempt to Grab an Edge
but haven’t rolled; Requirements You’re an expert in Reflex.
This pyramid-shaped spike is attached to an armor’s chest
piece. When you activate the spike, it shoots a strand of
force to help you gain purchase. If you roll a success on the
triggering attempt, you get a critical success instead (if you
roll a critical failure, you get a failure instead).


Male Dwarf
Moose:
Arc +7, Heal +6, Geog +5, Local/Nat +8, Perc +10

Mukluk keeps watch as others look around, trying to maintain a vigil for any foes that might return to what was certainly a base of operations.

”Who is Sheriff Romaine?” Mukluk asks, wondering if there is a hierarchy of authoritative lettuce that he should be aware of.

If no one objects, Mukluk will use the oil of mending on his broken steel shield.


Female Gnome | HP 138/138 AC: 28 (29 w/shield) +2 AC vs Trap| F: +19 R: +21 (Evasion), W: +15 +2 vs traps | Perception: +16; +2 vs traps; +2 Init (M, Low-Light Vision) Default Exploration: Avoid Notice

"Romaine?... It's Ralhain you deaf dwarf!" Prism giggles. "He'sthe..Sheriff of this town." She looks down at the runes. "Whowould..becrazy..to summon a demon?"


F HP 146, AC 27 or 28, F+18/19, R +20/21, W +16/17, Hero Pts 3 Halfling circusfolk doomsayer 10

Go for it, Mukluk.

"Oh, there are all sorts of reasons to raise a demon ... though I guess most of them aren't really good reasons," Rova points out. "It does seem odd for someone who says she likes nature. Demons aren't really very good environmentalists."


F Cavern Elf Bard (maestro)/9 Hero Points: 3

Religion: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 4 = 14
Religion: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 4 = 15

Niksi is unfamiliar with whatever demon’s symbology is at play. She lets out a disappointed sigh. ”Demons, eh? Sowing random chaos or after something more, I wonder.”


Male Dwarf
Moose:
Arc +7, Heal +6, Geog +5, Local/Nat +8, Perc +10
Niksi Drugova wrote:
”Lemons, eh? Sowing random seeds or after something sour, I wonder.”

"Never did like tarts, if you must know," Mukluks agrees with the concern over the lemons, summoned or planted. He balls his hand into a fist, then consciously lets it go. He tries to not want to fight anymore.


Finding the Forgotten || Extinction Curse

You found the family, yay! Just to recap your other leads: you know that there are angry boars in the orchard, a gang called the Muggers at the Mad Mug pub, and Cubby smelled something undead at the Church of Abadar. You don't have to follow up on all of those, of course.


F Cavern Elf Bard (maestro)/9 Hero Points: 3

Undead at a church sounds pretty intense and possibly related to the demony people with Gozreh, maybe another church they infiltrated?

"I shall make sure to bring something other than lemon tarts to the next circus bake-off." She stretches. "Where to next?"


F HP 146, AC 27 or 28, F+18/19, R +20/21, W +16/17, Hero Pts 3 Halfling circusfolk doomsayer 10

Rova thinks for a moment that they should go to the orchard next. Undead lure Groetus more strongly than some of the other things they know about (or perhaps just get more active in His presence; she has to admit she was never really clear whether they're a cause or effect of the End of Everything) but there could be a family in trouble in the orchard.

But then she realizes there could be a lot of people about to be in trouble in Abberton and they need to track the worm things first and foremost.


Female Gnome | HP 138/138 AC: 28 (29 w/shield) +2 AC vs Trap| F: +19 R: +21 (Evasion), W: +15 +2 vs traps | Perception: +16; +2 vs traps; +2 Init (M, Low-Light Vision) Default Exploration: Avoid Notice

"Demonsor..undeadin..thechurch don't soundlike..theyare..doing Abberton any good. Might be wherethe..wormpeople arehiding." Prism shrugs.


Male Dwarf
Moose:
Arc +7, Heal +6, Geog +5, Local/Nat +8, Perc +10

Mukluk agrees with Rova as if he could read her thoughts.

"Might be we can chase off the boars without a fight, I'm sure hopin'," Mukluk urges. "Angry boars are the second worst kind...right next to boring bores."


Finding the Forgotten || Extinction Curse

I count three votes for church and one for orchard, so church it is!

You arrive at the church of Abadar. Several of the cemetery’s graves have been dug up, and large mounds of fresh, dark earth lie piled around gaping holes. Two individuals—swollen-looking human men equipped with shovels—are working in one of the graves. Bent over in their labor, they are barely visible until one of them stands straighter and hefts his shovel over one shoulder. “Keep back, good masters,” he says, through a handkerchief tied round his face. “I wouldn’t come no closer. This one’s all ripe with the plague, and they say she’s contagious. One whiff, and you could turn black as pitch and be deader than old Tar-Baphon.”


Male Dwarf
Moose:
Arc +7, Heal +6, Geog +5, Local/Nat +8, Perc +10

Mukluk steps closer to hear what the gravesmen are saying.

”WHAT? Speak up! Where is the Bar Syphon? What does that even mean?”


Finding the Forgotten || Extinction Curse

They wave their arms frantically. "Stay back! Plague!"

They keep their bandannas over their faces, though.


F HP 146, AC 27 or 28, F+18/19, R +20/21, W +16/17, Hero Pts 3 Halfling circusfolk doomsayer 10

Oh, good. Just what we need. More plague. :)

Rova nods. That makes sense. She just hopes they don't shut down Abberton and make everyone stay at home. Sure, it might be The End, but what are a few (or a lot of) deaths when the economy is at risk?

"Plague? What happened?"

She Seeks carefully, trying to see if these might be people in Edgar-suits, but it doesn't look like it.

Perception (expert) (+2 circumstance bonus when using Seek action to find hidden or undetected creatures within 30 feet): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (1) + 7 = 8

Also, I actually wanted to try to Track the worm-creatures. We can deal with the church situation, but I should have done this check earlier so maybe it can be our next step? Survival (trained): 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6

Those probably should have been secret checks? Though with those rolls, I clearly wasn't able to Track anything. Or tell anything. I probably should go back and shelter-at-wagon.


Male Dwarf
Moose:
Arc +7, Heal +6, Geog +5, Local/Nat +8, Perc +10
gravesperson wrote:
”Pay black egg!”

Mukluk looks confused, trying to see what is going on.

”I don’t have any eggs, let alone black ones. What are you doing here?” Mukluk comes a bit closer, thinking that he might be missing something.


Female Gnome | HP 138/138 AC: 28 (29 w/shield) +2 AC vs Trap| F: +19 R: +21 (Evasion), W: +15 +2 vs traps | Perception: +16; +2 vs traps; +2 Init (M, Low-Light Vision) Default Exploration: Avoid Notice

"The plagueis..aroundhere? Weshould..probably stayaway..fromtown..in thatcase." She wants nothing at all to do with the plague or be anywhere near it in that case.

GM:
Prism will sense motive the gravediggers. Perception +6


F Cavern Elf Bard (maestro)/9 Hero Points: 3

Niksi has a standard lie to pull out in times like this. ”Plague, you say? Well, I will have you know that as your friendly local Living Mannequin, I am immune to such things. Made of wood and all that. I am also dreadfully interested and would love a look.” She pulls out a gray bandana that she sometimes keeps in her back left pocket when in certain parts of town and ties it around her “face,” then holds out her hands to the side in a “there you have it” gesture. ”If it still concerns you, I can cover my face as so, though it is unnecessary.”

She is less interested in taking a close look and more interested in seeing how they react. Whether this “plague” is real or just an excuse to keep people at a distance.

Deception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (19) + 8 = 27


Finding the Forgotten || Extinction Curse

GM screen:
1d20 + 6 ⇒ (20) + 6 = 261d20 + 7 ⇒ (7) + 7 = 14

Prism:
As Prism watches carefully, she notices a flap of loose skin hanging over the collar of a shirt. These bandannas are just a disguise, and the plague is a lie.

Mukluk:
Mukluk can see that the graves are not fresh for new corpses, but rather, the coffins have long dead corpses that have just been dug up.

"No, no, this is a special plague! It can even affect wooden people!"

We're headed for combat, but I figure I'll give people a chance to react to what's they've seen first.


Female Gnome | HP 138/138 AC: 28 (29 w/shield) +2 AC vs Trap| F: +19 R: +21 (Evasion), W: +15 +2 vs traps | Perception: +16; +2 vs traps; +2 Init (M, Low-Light Vision) Default Exploration: Avoid Notice

Prism frowns deeply. "They are lying...That is a disguise, see the flaps of loose skin there." She points to the collar of the shirt. "There is no plague." She says each word slowly so she can be understood as this upsets her. She draws he sickle. "Now the truth..."


Male Dwarf
Moose:
Arc +7, Heal +6, Geog +5, Local/Nat +8, Perc +10

Mukluk looks back at Prism, hearing the tone of her voice. He looks back at the gravediggers and draws the Poker to match The Gouger in his other hand.

"Now, we don't want to fight, but we're gunna need you to explain yourselves. And no more talk about eggs. This ain't about that," Mukluk demands.


Finding the Forgotten || Extinction Curse

Initiative:

Red Totally Normal Guy: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (7) + 8 = 15
Yellow Totally Normal Guy: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (18) + 8 = 26
Perception, Rova: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (14) + 7 = 21
Stealth, Corkas: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (5) + 10 = 15
Perception, Mukluk: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (1) + 8 = 9
Perception, Niksi: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10

Suddenly, a large worm bursts out of one of the men!

The effect is very disconcerting, and everyone must make a Will save!

Will save:

DC 19

Fail

Spoiler:
You are frightened 1.

Critical Fail

Spoiler:
You are frightened 1 and sickened 1.

Initiative!
Yellow Totally Normal Guy
Rova
Red Totally Normal Guy
Prism
Niksi
Mukluk


Female Gnome | HP 138/138 AC: 28 (29 w/shield) +2 AC vs Trap| F: +19 R: +21 (Evasion), W: +15 +2 vs traps | Perception: +16; +2 vs traps; +2 Init (M, Low-Light Vision) Default Exploration: Avoid Notice

Will Save: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (9) + 6 = 15

Prism begins to shake at the sight. "Looks like we found them."


Male Dwarf
Moose:
Arc +7, Heal +6, Geog +5, Local/Nat +8, Perc +10

1d20 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11 Will

Mukluk blanches at the wormy sight, feeling uncertain about all this.


F Cavern Elf Bard (maestro)/9 Hero Points: 3

Will Save: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (13) + 6 = 19

It is perhaps appropriate that Niksi of all people would be unimpressed by the sight. ”Not how I would have choreographed that. By abandoning the body so quickly, you destroy your best method for unsettling and scarring your audience. You trade the build of dawning horror and tension of the uncanny and uncomfortable for a cheap jump scare.”


F HP 146, AC 27 or 28, F+18/19, R +20/21, W +16/17, Hero Pts 3 Halfling circusfolk doomsayer 10

Whoops, sorry for the delay!

Will: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (19) + 4 = 23

Unimpressed with the worm -- it's nothing she hasn't seen before, really -- Rova reacts quickly to the horror. Quickly studying the horrible thing to try to find out where she she should hit it, she loads her sling staff and fires.

Action 1: Hunt Prey
Action 2: Reload
Action 3: Strike

Halfling sling staff: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (15) + 8 = 23
Hunter's edge (precision/bludgeoning damage): 1d10 + 1d8 ⇒ (4) + (7) = 11


HP 108, AC 27/28, F+18, R+18, W+17, Per +17 Savage elephant animal companion 10

Will: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7

Frightened 1 and sickened 1

Poor elephant!


Finding the Forgotten || Extinction Curse

Rova, totally nonplussed, gives the creature a solid thwack with her sligstaff.

The other creature clambers over gravestones.

Everyone else is up! The frightened condition reduces at the end of your turn.

Initiative!
Yellow Totally Normal Guy, -11 hp
Rova
Red Totally Normal Guy
Prism
Niksi
Mukluk


Male Dwarf
Moose:
Arc +7, Heal +6, Geog +5, Local/Nat +8, Perc +10

Round 1

Action 1: Strike.
Action 2: Strike.
Action 3: Strike.

”Hey! Get back from me!!" Already frightened, Mukluk lashes out with the Gouger and the Poker.

Melee:
Gouger: 1d20 + 10 - 1 ⇒ (17) + 10 - 1 = 26 to hit;
P: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9 damage
If crit, damage instead: 2d10 + 8 + 1d10 ⇒ (7, 4) + 8 + (9) = 28

Melee:
1d20 + 10 - 4 - 1 ⇒ (7) + 10 - 4 - 1 = 12 to hit;
P: 1d4 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7 damage

Melee:
1d20 + 10 - 4 - 4 - 1 ⇒ (6) + 10 - 4 - 4 - 1 = 7 to hit;
P: 1d4 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8 damage

Muklucking:

Melee:
[ dice=Gouger]1d20+10[/dice] to hit;
[ dice=P]1d6+4[/dice] damage

Melee:
[ dice=Poker]1d20+10-4[/dice] to hit;
[ dice=P]1d4+4[/dice] damage

Melee:
[ dice=Poker]1d20+10-8[/dice] to hit;
[ dice=P]1d4+4[/dice] damage

AC: 20 +2 with shield action.
Fort/Ref/Will: 8/8/6
HP: 34/34

Focus: 1/3
Hero Points: 1
Speed: 20'
Luck? 0/1 used


Female Gnome | HP 138/138 AC: 28 (29 w/shield) +2 AC vs Trap| F: +19 R: +21 (Evasion), W: +15 +2 vs traps | Perception: +16; +2 vs traps; +2 Init (M, Low-Light Vision) Default Exploration: Avoid Notice

Prism moves in beside Mukluk, her sickle striking low at the worm-man's legs while the dwarf strike high, well for a dwarf.

+ Sickle: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (1) + 9 = 10
Damage: 1d4 ⇒ 4

Still a bit squirmish from the worms Prism springs a nearly invisible shield up in front of her.

Shield spell

Status:

HP 28/28
AC 19 (AC 20 w/ Shield)
Hero Points 1/3
Vibrant Display 1/10 minutes


1 person marked this as a favorite.
F Cavern Elf Bard (maestro)/9 Hero Points: 3

Niksi moves closer in, drawing her whip along the way. She begins a recitation, inspired by the sight before her to give power to her comrades. Stride, interact to draw, inspire courage

”Lo! ’t is a gala night
Within the lonesome latter years!
An angel throng, bewinged, bedight
In veils, and drowned in tears,
Sit in a theatre, to see
A play of hopes and fears,
While the orchestra breathes fitfully
The music of the spheres.

Mimes, in the form of Gods on high,
Mutter and mumble low,
And hither and thither fly—
Mere puppets they, who come and go
At bidding of vast formless things
That shift the scenery to and fro,
Flapping from out their Condor wings
Invisible Wo!

That motley drama—oh, be sure
It shall not be forgot!
With its Phantom chased for evermore
By a crowd that seize it not,
Through a circle that ever returneth in
To the self-same spot,
And much of Madness, and more of Sin,
And Horror the soul of the plot.

But see, amid the mimic rout,
A crawling shape intrude!
A blood-red thing that writhes from out
The scenic solitude!
It writhes!—it writhes!—with mortal pangs
The mimes become its food,
And seraphs sob at vermin fangs
In human gore imbued.

Out—out are the lights—out all!
And, over each quivering form,
The curtain, a funeral pall,
Comes down with the rush of a storm,
While the angels, all pallid and wan,
Uprising, unveiling, affirm
That the play is the tragedy, “Man,”
And its hero, the Conqueror Worm.”

Credit: “The Conqueror Worm” by Edgar Allen Poe

551 to 600 of 3,635 << first < prev | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Kate's Extinction Curse [closed] All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.