GM Kate's Extinction Curse [closed]

Game Master Kate Baker


401 to 450 of 3,745 << first < prev | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | next > last >>

Ghost Level Delve || Extinction Curse

I am going to take the liberty of redirecting Thkrull and Prism's attacks to the other spider.

Thkrull moves up and misses.

Prism darts up and makes a tricky attack that the spider doesn't see coming, but she can't quite connect with it. Mukluk breaks out of the web and moves forward. Niksi begins her haunting song.

1 for Prism, 2 for Thkrull: 1d2 ⇒ 1

The spider tries to contain Prism in a web once again.

web attack: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (12) + 7 = 19

It then goes for the big one, trying to trap Thkrull in a web!

web attack: 1d20 + 7 - 5 ⇒ (19) + 7 - 5 = 21

It then backs up onto its web.

Initiative
Prism
Niksi
Mukluk

Yellow Spider
Rova

Treat the fence as difficult terrain to hop over.


F HP 146, AC 27 or 28, F+18/19, R +20/21, W +16/17, Hero Pts 3 Halfling circusfolk doomsayer 10

Quick stats:

HP 30
AC 19
Fort +8, Ref +10, Will +5
Effects: Inspired

Rova rushes after Thkrull, and seeing him caught in the web, quickly reloads a stone and fires it at the spider with all her strength.

Action 1: Stride
Action 2: Reload
Action 3: Strike!

Halfling sling staff: 1d20 + 8 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 8 + 1 = 19
Bludgeoning damage: 1d10 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 1 = 11


Ghost Level Delve || Extinction Curse

Rova perfectly place another stone from her slingstaff, but doesn't take this spider down in one shot!


F Cavern Elf Bard (maestro)/9 Hero Points: 3

@Rova Don't forget Niksi's +1 bonus to hit and damage!

@GM Kate Did Niksi's daze attack affect the spider?

Niksi moves around closer to her friends as she continues her song.

Stride, stride, inspire courage


Female Gnome | HP 138/138 AC: 28 (29 w/shield) +2 AC vs Trap| F: +19 R: +21 (Evasion), W: +15 +2 vs traps | Perception: +16; +2 vs traps; +2 Init (M, Low-Light Vision) Default Exploration: Avoid Notice

AC was 19 so the web would have hit I believe.

Prism slices through the webs as they begin to cover her. As she does she slips through the beams on the fence and closes in on the spider, her sickle slashing out at it's many legs.

Acrobatics: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (15) + 8 = 23

+1 Sickle; Inspire: 1d20 + 9 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 9 + 1 = 19
Damage: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2

... ◆⃟ Escape
... ◆⃟ Move
... ◆⃟ Attack

Status:

HP 28/28
AC 19 (AC 20 w/ Shield)
Hero Points 0/3
Vibrant Display 1/10 minutes


Male Dwarf
Moose:
Appr+6,Arc +9, Heal +6, Geog +7, Local+9, Nat +9, Perc +12, Driver 10,+4 SenseMot, Spellcraft +9

Round 2

Action 1: Stride.
Action 2: Stride.
Action 3: Strike.

Mukluk double moves around the spider and strikes out with The Gouger from flank.

Melee:
Gouger: 1d20 + 10 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 10 + 1 = 14 to hit;
P: 1d6 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 4 + 1 = 7 damage

Muklucking:

Melee:
[ dice=Gouger]1d20+10[/dice] to hit;
[ dice=P]1d6+4[/dice] damage

Melee:
[ dice=Poker]1d20+10-4[/dice] to hit;
[ dice=P]1d4+4[/dice] damage

Melee:
[ dice=Poker]1d20+10-8[/dice] to hit;
[ dice=P]1d4+4[/dice] damage

AC: 20 +2 with shield action.
Fort/Ref/Will: 8/8/6
HP: 34/34

Focus: 1/3
Hero Points: 1
Speed: 20'
Luck? 0/1 used

Edited for bard song which I totally meant to remember, but then got sucked into something else and blahblahblah. Sorry! I’ll do better and thanks for the reminder.


F Cavern Elf Bard (maestro)/9 Hero Points: 3

@Mukluk Don't forget Niksi's +1 to hit and damage!


Ghost Level Delve || Extinction Curse

Sorry, I confused Niksi's last two actions!

Retroactive Will save: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13

Fail but not a crit fail, so a little more damaged!

Prism easily breaks out of the web, but can't quite connect with the spider. Escape has the Attack trait and contributes to MAP.

Niksi moves into a better position while continuing her song and Mukluk moves into a flanking position, just barely missing the spider with his pick.

I think I had the icon a little too large, but it's medium, so Prism and Mukluk were not actually flanking right now. I think you had the movement to arrange it, so I applied flat-footed to the spider on Mukluk's attack, but it still missed.

1 for Mukluk, 2 for Prism: 1d2 ⇒ 1

Frustrated that everyone keeps breaking out of its webs, the spider bites, first at Mukluk and then at Prism!

bite vs Mukluk: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (15) + 9 = 24
ouch!: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3 and a Fort save

bite vs Prism: 1d20 + 9 - 4 ⇒ (3) + 9 - 4 = 8
ouch!: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7 and a Fort save

It then backs away (provoking an AoO).

Initiative
Prism
Niksi
Mukluk

Yellow Spider, -14 hp
Rova


Male Dwarf
Moose:
Appr+6,Arc +9, Heal +6, Geog +7, Local+9, Nat +9, Perc +12, Driver 10,+4 SenseMot, Spellcraft +9

Round 2

Action 1: Stride.
Action 2: Strike.
Action 3: Strike.

1d20 + 8 ⇒ (3) + 8 = 11 Fort

AoO:
Gouger: 1d20 + 10 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 10 + 1 = 21 to hit;
P: 1d6 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 4 + 1 = 8 damage

”Ow, you dang spider! Leggo!” Mukluk strikes out with the Gouger and the Poker after moving closer.

Melee:
Gouger: 1d20 + 10 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 10 + 1 = 19 to hit;
P: 1d6 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 4 + 1 = 11 damage

Melee:
Poker: 1d20 + 10 - 4 + 1 ⇒ (20) + 10 - 4 + 1 = 27 to hit;
P: 1d4 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 4 + 1 = 9 damage + 1d6 ⇒ 5 deadly for crit.

Muklucking:

Melee:
[ dice=Gouger]1d20+10[/dice] to hit;
[ dice=P]1d6+4[/dice] damage

Melee:
[ dice=Poker]1d20+10-4[/dice] to hit;
[ dice=P]1d4+4[/dice] damage

Melee:
[ dice=Poker]1d20+10-8[/dice] to hit;
[ dice=P]1d4+4[/dice] damage

AC: 20 +2 with shield action.
Fort/Ref/Will: 8/8/6
HP: 34/34

Focus: 1/3
Hero Points: 1
Speed: 20'
Luck? 0/1 used


Female Gnome | HP 138/138 AC: 28 (29 w/shield) +2 AC vs Trap| F: +19 R: +21 (Evasion), W: +15 +2 vs traps | Perception: +16; +2 vs traps; +2 Init (M, Low-Light Vision) Default Exploration: Avoid Notice

Thanks! One day I will remember that escape has the attack trait.

Prism follows Muckluk, skipping through the thicker bushes as she attempts to side swipe the spider.

Deception to Feint vs Perception DC: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (12) + 7 = 19

+1 Sickle; Inspire: 1d20 + 9 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 9 + 1 = 29
Damage: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4
Sneak Attack Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 6

... ◆⃟ Move
... ◆⃟ Feint
... ◆⃟ Attack

Status:

HP 28/28
AC 19 (AC 20 w/ Shield)
Hero Points 0/3
Vibrant Display 1/10 minutes


F Cavern Elf Bard (maestro)/9 Hero Points: 3

Niksi circles closer, the dissonant notes of her waterphone still jarring the air.

Stride, stride, inspire courage


F HP 146, AC 27 or 28, F+18/19, R +20/21, W +16/17, Hero Pts 3 Halfling circusfolk doomsayer 10

"Get it, Thkrull!" Rova orders as she reloads her staff and fires again, again slamming the stone into the spider.

Action 1: Command Animal
Action 2: Reload
Action 3: Strike!

Halfling sling staff: 1d20 + 8 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 8 + 1 = 24
Bludgeoning damage: 1d10 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 1 = 11

Going to assume it's dead and not roll Thkrull's action, but can if you need!


Ghost Level Delve || Extinction Curse

Mukluk's Attack of Opportunity takes it down!

Unfortunately, its poison lives on. Mukluk takes 1d10 ⇒ 8 poison damage and needs to make another Fort save, though everyone else can take a turn before that (perhaps to use the Treat Poison action).


Male Dwarf
Moose:
Appr+6,Arc +9, Heal +6, Geog +7, Local+9, Nat +9, Perc +12, Driver 10,+4 SenseMot, Spellcraft +9

1d20 + 8 ⇒ (10) + 8 = 18 Fort

Mukluk rubs at the bite, feeling icky about it. He notes the blue veins, and feels...pain.


F HP 146, AC 27 or 28, F+18/19, R +20/21, W +16/17, Hero Pts 3 Halfling circusfolk doomsayer 10

Rova rushes over to treat Mukluk. She thought she'd been well-trained to deal with poisons -- after all, they didn't want to be killed too early by Rovagug's breath and miss The End -- but she's perhaps a little too excited, and doesn't offer much help.

Medicine (trained): 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9


Ghost Level Delve || Extinction Curse

Despite Rova's struggles to help Mukluk, he manages to recover on his own.

Out of combat!


F HP 146, AC 27 or 28, F+18/19, R +20/21, W +16/17, Hero Pts 3 Halfling circusfolk doomsayer 10

"Those were nasty," Rova comments, looking over the webs and seeing if maybe that's what happened to Seirah.

Perception (expert) (+2 circumstance bonus when using Seek action to find hidden or undetected creatures within 30 feet): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (15) + 7 = 22


Male Dwarf
Moose:
Appr+6,Arc +9, Heal +6, Geog +7, Local+9, Nat +9, Perc +12, Driver 10,+4 SenseMot, Spellcraft +9

23/34 hp

Mukluk takes a moment to growl at his injuries, not having his own medical kit or anything to fix his wounds. He borrows Rova’s med kit and tries to suck out the poison and bandage the wound.

1d20 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 13 Medicine

Uh, suggest we wait an hour so MM can try again? Do we have other solutions?


Ghost Level Delve || Extinction Curse

Rova finds nothing else in the garden. There are double doors leading into the mill.

Time isn't at a premium here here, so it's fine to take an indeterminate amount of time for healing without having to roll.


F Cavern Elf Bard (maestro)/9 Hero Points: 3

As soon as she sees Mukluk's efforts to tend to his wounds come up short, Niksi swoops in, weaving some of her strange magic into the bite wounds to close them up. The skin is left with faint inprints of stitching, but is otherwise as it was.

Soothe: 1d10 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 4 = 14


Female Gnome | HP 138/138 AC: 28 (29 w/shield) +2 AC vs Trap| F: +19 R: +21 (Evasion), W: +15 +2 vs traps | Perception: +16; +2 vs traps; +2 Init (M, Low-Light Vision) Default Exploration: Avoid Notice

"I thoughthey..were havinga..problem..with waspshere?" prism looks around for wasps but sees only spiders. She sneaks off inside the building to scout ahead and look for anyone around.

Stealth: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (15) + 10 = 25


Male Dwarf
Moose:
Appr+6,Arc +9, Heal +6, Geog +7, Local+9, Nat +9, Perc +12, Driver 10,+4 SenseMot, Spellcraft +9

2d6 ⇒ (6, 3) = 9 healing

Niksi, save your spell, this might be a long day. We’ll wait an hour and do it naturally.

Mukluk spends an hour tending to his wounds;

* * *

Corkas 'Prism' Warfiz wrote:
"“A trolley full of chaffing phlegm was beer.”

Mukluk looks over at Prism. ”Well, I like beer, but not sure I could chug chaffing phlegm,” he replies, uncertain where the flighty rainbow gnome’s mind is going. ”Maybe I’ll try it if we can find this trolley of it, like you say.”

Mukluk gets to his feet, ready to move on.


F Cavern Elf Bard (maestro)/9 Hero Points: 3

@ Mukluk No prob. I cross-posted with Kate so I didn't realize we had time

Niksi spends the hour composing, both writing and music, as well as trying to create various words that rhyme with "orange." She then waits while Prism goes into the building to scout. She laughs at the exchange between Mukluk and Prism. "You two make quite the pair. A word warped once wears another warp well."


Ghost Level Delve || Extinction Curse

Prism enters the building. This spacious chamber is two stories high and has a well‑fitted stone floor. In the center of the space, a millstone grinds away, rotated by a wooden shaft projecting through the north wall. A second level of the house overlooks this room from the west, and a table and four chairs are visible near the top of a sturdy ladder. A double door leads east. A massive wasps’ nest hangs from the ceiling in the center of the room.

Initiative:

Wasp Swarm: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (15) + 10 = 25
Perception, Rova: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (15) + 6 = 21
Stealth, Corkas: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (6) + 9 = 15
Perception, Mukluk: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (3) + 7 = 10
Perception, Niksi: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 5 = 20

The Wasp Swarm descends on Prism!

ouch!: 2d8 ⇒ (5, 7) = 12
(DC 21 basic Reflex Save, and a Fort save if you fail that)

Initiative!
Wasp Swarm
Rova
Niksi
Prism
Mukluk


Female Gnome | HP 138/138 AC: 28 (29 w/shield) +2 AC vs Trap| F: +19 R: +21 (Evasion), W: +15 +2 vs traps | Perception: +16; +2 vs traps; +2 Init (M, Low-Light Vision) Default Exploration: Avoid Notice

Reflex: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (13) + 10 = 23

"OUCH!" Prism screams out as she is seen and stung by the wasps. "I didn't thinkthere..wouldbe..thismany." She slashes at them with her sickle.

+1 Sickle: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (14) + 9 = 23
Damage: 1d4 ⇒ 3
Sneak Attack Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 2

+1 Sickle: 1d20 + 9 - 4 ⇒ (10) + 9 - 4 = 15
Damage: 1d4 ⇒ 1
Sneak Attack Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 4

+1 Sickle: 1d20 + 9 - 8 ⇒ (18) + 9 - 8 = 19
Damage: 1d4 ⇒ 3
Sneak Attack Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 3

Player Status:

HP 22/28
AC 19 (AC 20 w/ Shield)
Hero Points 0/3
Vibrant Display 1/10 minutes


F HP 146, AC 27 or 28, F+18/19, R +20/21, W +16/17, Hero Pts 3 Halfling circusfolk doomsayer 10

Rova moves around to the side and studies the wasps for a moment before firing a stone at them. I'm assuming I had one loaded since we had some idea there was trouble in there.

Action 1: Stride
Action 2: Hunt Prey
Action 3: Strike
Halfling sling staff: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (18) + 8 = 26
Hunter's edge (precision/bludgeoning damage): 1d10 + 1d8 ⇒ (5) + (6) = 11


Male Dwarf
Moose:
Appr+6,Arc +9, Heal +6, Geog +7, Local+9, Nat +9, Perc +12, Driver 10,+4 SenseMot, Spellcraft +9

Round 1

Action 1: Stride.
Action 2: Stride.
Action 3: Stride.

Mukluk triple moves towards the sounds of combat, stinging, and regret.

Muklucking:

Melee:
[ dice=Gouger]1d20+10[/dice] to hit;
[ dice=P]1d6+4[/dice] damage

Melee:
[ dice=Poker]1d20+10-4[/dice] to hit;
[ dice=P]1d4+4[/dice] damage

Melee:
[ dice=Poker]1d20+10-8[/dice] to hit;
[ dice=P]1d4+4[/dice] damage

AC: 20 +2 with shield action.
Fort/Ref/Will:  8/8/6
HP: 34-3/34

Focus: 1/3
Hero Points: 1
Speed: 20'
Luck? 0/1 used


F Cavern Elf Bard (maestro)/9 Hero Points: 3

Oh goodness! Sorry I forgot to post. A busy work day

Niksi carefully steps through the grass, trying to stay close enough to get healing to her friends if need it, but far enough away to not let the swarm stack up on them.

Stride and inspire courage


Ghost Level Delve || Extinction Curse

Rova perfectly aims her slingstaff once again! The bludgeoning stone doesn't seem like the best weapon against the swarm, but it does take out a few wasps. Niksi begins her song again.

Prism slashes with her sickle. While less effective than against a single target, it is immediately apparent that slashing damage is more effective than the bludgeoning. Mukluk moves into the room.

The swarm stings Prism again and then flies across the room to sting Mukluk!

Prism damage: 2d8 ⇒ (8, 3) = 11
(DC 21 basic Reflex Save, and a Fort save if you fail that)

Mukluk damage: 2d8 ⇒ (7, 5) = 12
(DC 21 basic Reflex Save, and a Fort save if you fail that)

Initiative!
Wasp Swarm
Rova
Niksi
Prism
Mukluk


F HP 146, AC 27 or 28, F+18/19, R +20/21, W +16/17, Hero Pts 3 Halfling circusfolk doomsayer 10

With inspiration from Niksi's strange music, Rova quickly reloads her staff, and fires again at the wasps, then reloads once more.

"Be careful, Mukluk!" she calls, sure she's going to have to tend his wounds ... again.

Action 1: Reload
Action 2: Strike
Action 3: Reload

Halfling sling staff: 1d20 + 8 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 8 + 1 = 14
Hunter's edge (precision/bludgeoning damage): 1d10 + 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (4) + (7) + 1 = 12


Male Dwarf
Moose:
Appr+6,Arc +9, Heal +6, Geog +7, Local+9, Nat +9, Perc +12, Driver 10,+4 SenseMot, Spellcraft +9

Round 1

Action 1: Strike.
Action 2: Strike.
Action 3: Strike.

1d20 + 8 ⇒ (5) + 8 = 13 Reflex
1d20 + 8 ⇒ (14) + 8 = 22 Fort

AoO Melee:
Gouger: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (3) + 10 = 13 to hit;
P: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7 damage

Not sure I do or don’t get an AoO, but I think so.

”Ah get away! I didn’t do nothing to you, Wasps!” Mukluk strikes out with the Gouger and the Poker.

Melee:
Gouger: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (17) + 10 = 27 to hit;
P: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10 damage If crit, then +1d10 ⇒ 5 more

Melee:
Poker: 1d20 + 10 - 4 ⇒ (1) + 10 - 4 = 7 to hit;
P: 1d4 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8 damage

Melee:
Poker: 1d20 + 10 - 8 ⇒ (9) + 10 - 8 = 11 to hit;
P: 1d4 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7 damage

Muklucking:

Melee:
[ dice=Gouger]1d20+10[/dice] to hit;
[ dice=P]1d6+4[/dice] damage

Melee:
[ dice=Poker]1d20+10-4[/dice] to hit;
[ dice=P]1d4+4[/dice] damage

Melee:
[ dice=Poker]1d20+10-8[/dice] to hit;
[ dice=P]1d4+4[/dice] damage

AC: 20 +2 with shield action.
Fort/Ref/Will: 8/8/6
HP: 34/34

Focus: 1/3
Hero Points: 1
Speed: 20'
Luck? 0/1 used


Female Gnome | HP 138/138 AC: 28 (29 w/shield) +2 AC vs Trap| F: +19 R: +21 (Evasion), W: +15 +2 vs traps | Perception: +16; +2 vs traps; +2 Init (M, Low-Light Vision) Default Exploration: Avoid Notice

Reflex: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (14) + 10 = 24

Prism continues to swat and avoid the worst of the stingers as she leaps on the other side of them to help Mukluk. "Oh no!"

+1 Sickle; Inspire: 1d20 + 9 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 9 + 1 = 15
Damage: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4
Sneak Attack Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 4

+1 Sickle; Inspire: 1d20 + 9 - 4 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 9 - 4 + 1 = 8
Damage: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3
Sneak Attack Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 5

Status:

HP 17/28
AC 19 (AC 20 w/ Shield)
Hero Points 0/3
Vibrant Display 1/10 minutes


F Cavern Elf Bard (maestro)/9 Hero Points: 3

@Everyone, don't forget inspire courage!

Niksi moves in closer once more, circling around the swarm, her waterphone still humming with each stroke of her dagger. As she pulls back her dagger to let a note linger, she snaps it forward, throwing the blade into the mass of bugs.

Attack with Dagger (inspire): 1d20 + 6 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 6 + 1 = 24
Damage (inspire): 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4

Stride, inspire courage, throw dagger


Ghost Level Delve || Extinction Curse

Mukluk takes the full brunt of bites as the wasp swarm enters his space, but he doesn't seem to be affected by the poison. Rova misses with her slingstaff.

I agree on getting an AoO, though as you might have expected, that attack misses.

Prism moves in, but can't quite connect against the swarm of creatures.

Gouger lives up to its name as Mukluk gets a huge hit! While not all the damage goes through, Gouger is now covered in dead wasps.

Also, I think Mukluk did not include the Inspire bonus in his post, right? He crits regardless with the flank, but I'm adding the extra damage.

Niksi continues her song and lets her dagger fly, clearing out a few more wasps.

Daggers are versatile Slashing, and since you've all seen the slashing is the most effective, I'm assuming you chose that.

Over half the wasps have been killed, but the remaining ones are still angry. They sting Mukluk some more, then move over to sting Prism again. Provoking from Mukluk

Mukluk damage: 2d8 ⇒ (3, 1) = 4
(DC 21 basic Reflex Save, and a Fort save if you fail that)

Prism damage: 2d8 ⇒ (2, 6) = 8
(DC 21 basic Reflex Save, and a Fort save if you fail that)

Initiative!
Wasp Swarm, -27 hp
Rova
Niksi
Prism
Mukluk

As a reminder, you knew that splash weapons were a good idea and you had a chance to purchase them if you wanted to.


Male Dwarf
Moose:
Appr+6,Arc +9, Heal +6, Geog +7, Local+9, Nat +9, Perc +12, Driver 10,+4 SenseMot, Spellcraft +9

Round 3

Action 1: Strike.
Action 2: Strike.
Action 3: Strike.

1d20 + 8 ⇒ (16) + 8 = 24 Reflex

AoO Melee:
Gouger: 1d20 + 10 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 10 + 1 = 28 to hit;
P: 1d6 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 4 + 1 = 10 damage 1d1d10 ⇒ 6 deadly Oooh. Looks like a 26 damage crit.

Mukluk strikes out with the Gouger and the Poker, lunging.

Melee:
Gouger: 1d20 + 10 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 10 + 1 = 17 to hit;
P: 1d6 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 4 + 1 = 8 damage

Melee:
Poker: 1d20 + 10 - 4 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 10 - 4 + 1 = 13 to hit;
P: 1d4 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 4 + 1 = 8 damage

Melee:
Poker: 1d20 + 10 - 8 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 10 - 8 + 1 = 6 to hit;
P: 1d4 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 4 + 1 = 8 damage

Muklucking:

Melee:
[ dice=Gouger]1d20+10[/dice] to hit;
[ dice=P]1d6+4[/dice] damage

Melee:
[ dice=Poker]1d20+10-4[/dice] to hit;
[ dice=P]1d4+4[/dice] damage

Melee:
[ dice=Poker]1d20+10-8[/dice] to hit;
[ dice=P]1d4+4[/dice] damage

AC: 20 +2 with shield action.
Fort/Ref/Will: 8/8/6
HP: 15/34

Focus: 1/3
Hero Points: 1
Speed: 20'
Luck? 0/1 used


F HP 146, AC 27 or 28, F+18/19, R +20/21, W +16/17, Hero Pts 3 Halfling circusfolk doomsayer 10

OK, I'm going to assume I got one alchemist's fire, since we don't have much money for more than that. Also that I draw that last round instead of a sling stone.

Status:

HP 30
AC 19
Fort +8, Ref +10, Will +5
Effects: inspired, -3 gp

Rova, remembering suddenly that they'd planned for the wasps, throws the alchemist's fire she'd purchased, and then quickly loads a stone and fires it at the wasps.

Action 1: Strike! with alchemist's fire
Action 2: Reload sling staff
Action 3: Strike!

Alchemist's fire: 1d20 + 8 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 8 + 1 = 20
Fire damage + precision damage: 1d8 + 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (4) + (1) + 1 = 6 +1 persistent fire and 1 fire splash

Halfling sling staff: 1d20 + 8 - 5 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 8 - 5 + 1 = 12
Bludgeoning damage: 1d10 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2


Ghost Level Delve || Extinction Curse

Actually, you can save the alchemist's fire for later because Mukluk's AoO crit destroys the swarm! I am not going to take you out of initiative just yet because Prism could still be poisoned, so I want to resolve that first.


Female Gnome | HP 138/138 AC: 28 (29 w/shield) +2 AC vs Trap| F: +19 R: +21 (Evasion), W: +15 +2 vs traps | Perception: +16; +2 vs traps; +2 Init (M, Low-Light Vision) Default Exploration: Avoid Notice

Reflex: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (6) + 10 = 16
Fort: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 13

Prism doesn't feel well as the wasps did quite the number on her. Her lip and eye begin to swell as she stumbles in her steps. "Somptin stung me her'" She points to her inflamed face and flops onto her butt as she nearly passes out.

Status:

HP 9/28
AC 19 (AC 20 w/ Shield)
Hero Points 0/3
Vibrant Display 1/10 minutes


Ghost Level Delve || Extinction Curse

Suddenly, Prism feels much better!

Mukluk pointed out that if his crit took the swarm down, it never had a chance to sting Prism. You're out of combat!


Male Dwarf
Moose:
Appr+6,Arc +9, Heal +6, Geog +7, Local+9, Nat +9, Perc +12, Driver 10,+4 SenseMot, Spellcraft +9

Mukluk takes a knee and tries to pick out a few of the wasp stingers from his flesh, still agonizing over the unprovoked attack.

"Is it too hard for us to avoid getting attacked? Which one of you was buggering the buggers to get them all riled up?" Mukluk looks tired of fighting...and feels tired of fighting.

He scratches his thumbnail over a particularly entrenched stinger, trying to rub it out but only succeeds in pushing it deeper in.

"Man, I just wanna stop the fighting, you know?" Mukluk sighs with self pity for a moment, then picks himself up to borrow Rova's healing kit again.

1d20 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12 Medicine

Blah, looks like we're taking an hour to search this place.

"You okay there, Prism? I thought for a moment you turnt all green, but maybe not. Also, didn't you mention that there might be a trolley of beer in here?"


1 person marked this as a favorite.
F Cavern Elf Bard (maestro)/9 Hero Points: 3

Niksi throws out a “hah!” at Mukluk’s choice of phrasing. ”I assure you that I had no part in any buggery, nor would I in any but the most intimate of occasions.” She retrieves her dagger and stows the waterphone for the moment so she can better assist searching and tending to wounds. ”Our world has taken a bit of a violent turn, hasn’t it?” Her thoughts are less on the fighting that has increasingly consumed their last few days and more on Mukluk’s reaction. This isn’t the first time Mukluk has showed disdain for fighting, even as he proves profoundly effective in its execution, and she senses a deep history that has remained unspoken. She considers asking him, but she shakes off the whim for the time being. There would be far better times for such inquiries, and they would inevitably be met with inquiries in turn—it’s only fair, after all—and she would need to prepare herself.


Female Gnome | HP 138/138 AC: 28 (29 w/shield) +2 AC vs Trap| F: +19 R: +21 (Evasion), W: +15 +2 vs traps | Perception: +16; +2 vs traps; +2 Init (M, Low-Light Vision) Default Exploration: Avoid Notice

Prism's shade of green vanishes as she stands up and bows. "A..performance isall!" She smiles, rising back up, "Though thestings..didhurt." She rubs he minor injuries. "Isnuck..into..takea..lookaround..and they must have..seenme."

Status:

HP 17/28
AC 19 (AC 20 w/ Shield)
Hero Points 0/3
Vibrant Display 1/10 minutes


F HP 146, AC 27 or 28, F+18/19, R +20/21, W +16/17, Hero Pts 3 Halfling circusfolk doomsayer 10

"That's just to be expected, Niksi. It's one of the things my parents and their friends said we would have to be ready for," Rova says, moving into the house after she's recovered her healing tools and treated Prism.

Medicine (trained): 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 5 = 20
Recovered HP: 2d8 ⇒ (6, 1) = 7

And since it sounds like we're waiting an hour so Mukluk can try again:
Medicine (trained): 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (17) + 5 = 22
Recovered HP: 2d8 ⇒ (4, 1) = 5 Think Rova should be at full health

Once the others are ready, she makes sure her sling staff is loaded again and heads into the mill to look around.
Perception (expert) (+2 circumstance bonus when using Seek action to find hidden or undetected creatures within 30 feet): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (3) + 7 = 10


Ghost Level Delve || Extinction Curse

Rova investigates the room. The wooden shaft rotated by the water wheel outside is clearly visible in this mill room; a rotating wheel on this end turns a millstone into which grain can be poured by means of an overhead chute. A wide, shallow pan on the floor beneath the millstone is positioned to catch milled grain, but it’s currently empty. Barrels of grain waiting to be milled occupy one corner of the mill floor.

A ladder against the west wall gives access to the upper level, which looks like a living space.


Male Dwarf
Moose:
Appr+6,Arc +9, Heal +6, Geog +7, Local+9, Nat +9, Perc +12, Driver 10,+4 SenseMot, Spellcraft +9

"Ah, thanks Rova," Mukluk rises off his knees. "That's kind of you. Thanks for sharing your kit with me. Might be that when we get back into town, I'll see about picking up another one of those."

He looks around.

"Did we find any beer? Prism?" Mukluk asks, and then will climb the ladder when others are ready to head upstairs to be sure the mill is safe.


Female Gnome | HP 138/138 AC: 28 (29 w/shield) +2 AC vs Trap| F: +19 R: +21 (Evasion), W: +15 +2 vs traps | Perception: +16; +2 vs traps; +2 Init (M, Low-Light Vision) Default Exploration: Avoid Notice

"There isbeer..here?" She smiles, hopping up and down as she thanks Rova for the healing. "Are these more signs of the end times?" She follows Mukluk up the ladder to the second floor as she tries to quell her overwhelming curiosity.

Status:

HP 24/28
AC 19 (AC 20 w/ Shield)
Hero Points 0/3
Vibrant Display 1/10 minutes


F HP 146, AC 27 or 28, F+18/19, R +20/21, W +16/17, Hero Pts 3 Halfling circusfolk doomsayer 10

Rova nods, happy to share with Mukluk. She climbs up with the others, leaving Thkrull outside -- he couldn't climb the ladder even if he wanted to, she doesn't think (though suddenly wonders if she could teach him to) -- to keep watch.


Ghost Level Delve || Extinction Curse

You ascend to an open living area that includes a small round table with three chairs, a long counter for food preparation, and several cupboards where kitchen supplies and food are kept. Mukluk finds a few bottles of beer. There are two doors out of this space. The walls bear recent scorch
marks.


F HP 146, AC 27 or 28, F+18/19, R +20/21, W +16/17, Hero Pts 3 Halfling circusfolk doomsayer 10

"Scorch marks? A devil perhaps could have made it through as the multiverse collapses, but ... it seems early for that to start happening," Rova muses.

She looks around to see if there's any signs of what might have caused that. If she finds nothing, she heads toward the southern door, knocking before opening it.

Perception (expert) (+2 circumstance bonus when using Seek action to find hidden or undetected creatures within 30 feet): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (11) + 7 = 18
1d2 ⇒ 2


Male Dwarf
Moose:
Appr+6,Arc +9, Heal +6, Geog +7, Local+9, Nat +9, Perc +12, Driver 10,+4 SenseMot, Spellcraft +9

Mukluk moves up the ladder, putting away his weapons. He moves up to look around to make sure the area is safe.

1d20 + 10 ⇒ (17) + 10 = 27 Perception

401 to 450 of 3,745 << first < prev | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Kate's Extinction Curse [closed] All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.