GM Kate's Extinction Curse [closed]

Game Master Kate Baker


501 to 550 of 3,633 << first < prev | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | next > last >>

F Cavern Elf Bard (maestro)/9 Hero Points: 3

Niksi is still dejected by her perceived failure. "She said: 'I guess these people have no taste.'" She speaks with exaggerated enunciation. "Also, I would not make a habit of calling women 'cows' in my presence, Mukluk, especially ones that I used to be romantically entangled with, unless you would like to be cowed yourself."


F HP 146, AC 27 or 28, F+18/19, R +20/21, W +16/17, Hero Pts 3 Halfling circusfolk doomsayer 10

Rova, in fine spirits after their success against their former fellow circusfolk (and more, in Niksi's case), stifles a smile at Mukluk's misunderstanding and the elf's retort.

She pats Thkrull's leg as they resume their path toward the barn.

"Yes, we'll see you all later. Come to the show!" she calls out. "It may be the last one you see..."


Female Gnome | HP 138/138 AC: 28 (29 w/shield) +2 AC vs Trap| F: +19 R: +21 (Evasion), W: +15 +2 vs traps | Perception: +16; +2 vs traps; +2 Init (M, Low-Light Vision) Default Exploration: Avoid Notice

Prism smiles as Jellico looks pissed. She skips off after her 'family' towards the barn. "THAT....wasgreat!" She seems high on life right now.


Finding the Forgotten || Extinction Curse

The group heads toward the barn. The Lindell farm is at the end of a dead-end road, surrounded by trees and undergrowth. IT looks like an ordinary barn.

Initiative:

Stealth: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (3) + 13 = 16
Perception, Rova: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (12) + 6 = 18
Stealth, Corkas: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (12) + 9 = 21
Perception, Mukluk: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (10) + 7 = 17
Perception, Niksi: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11

Suddenly, people see a large plant trying to sneak up on the group very badly!

Initiative!
Prism
Rova
Mukluk

Plant
Niksi


Male Dwarf
Moose:
Arc +7, Heal +6, Geog +5, Local/Nat +8, Perc +10

Mukluk looks at the plant, trying to decide if they can just draw if and quickly it moves.

How fast does this plant look like it moves? 10', 20' or more?


F HP 146, AC 27 or 28, F+18/19, R +20/21, W +16/17, Hero Pts 3 Halfling circusfolk doomsayer 10

Rova's jaw drops as she realizes there's a plant approaching, and she studies it for a moment to try to figure out what it is! Unsure, she orders Thkrull to take up a defensive posture.

Action 1: Hunt Prey
Action 2: Recall Knowledge
Nature (trained): 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6
Action 3: Command Animal


HP 108, AC 27/28, F+18, R+18, W+17, Per +17 Savage elephant animal companion 10

Thkrull moves forward to protect Rova, trunk at the ready.

Support:
Your elephant uses its trunk to grab and hamper a foe. Until the start of your next turn, any creatures your elephant threatens is encumbered. (Note, this would make it Clumsy 1, so a -1 to Dex checks including AC, and a 10-ft. penalty to speed. That said, my reading of this would be that if it Stepped or Strided away from the elephant with its first action, it would lose that penalty.)


Finding the Forgotten || Extinction Curse

It does look mobile! Somewhere in the 10-20 ft range for Speed seems about right. It also looks like it has reach. And it looks like the picture there.


Female Gnome | HP 138/138 AC: 28 (29 w/shield) +2 AC vs Trap| F: +19 R: +21 (Evasion), W: +15 +2 vs traps | Perception: +16; +2 vs traps; +2 Init (M, Low-Light Vision) Default Exploration: Avoid Notice

Prism trying to understand the movements of the plant as she dives into some bushes near the side of the house.

Recall Knowledge: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (12) + 0 = 12

... ◆⃟ Recall Knowledge
... ◆⃟ Move
... ◆⃟ Hide (Secret Stealth +10)

Status:

HP 24/28
AC 19 (AC 20 w/ Shield)
Hero Points 1/3
Vibrant Display 1/10 minutes


Male Dwarf
Moose:
Arc +7, Heal +6, Geog +5, Local/Nat +8, Perc +10

Round 1

Action 1: Stride.
Action 2: Interact.
Action 3: Raise shield.

"Let's get out of here, that pla..." Mukluk's words are cut off as Rova moves to intercept. He had hoped to avoid a fight and this slow moving plant, but no, sometimes, things are different.

Right about now, Mukluk is missing the Total Defense action. It was a favorite.

Mukluk moves to intercept, drawing his shield and raising it.

Muklucking:

Melee:
[ dice=Gouger]1d20+10[/dice] to hit;
[ dice=P]1d6+4[/dice] damage

Melee:
[ dice=Poker]1d20+10-4[/dice] to hit;
[ dice=P]1d4+4[/dice] damage

Melee:
[ dice=Poker]1d20+10-8[/dice] to hit;
[ dice=P]1d4+4[/dice] damage

AC: 20 +2 with shield action.
Fort/Ref/Will:  8/8/6
HP: 15/34

Focus: 1/3
Hero Points: 1
Speed: 20'
Luck? 0/1 used


Finding the Forgotten || Extinction Curse

GM screen: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (13) + 10 = 23

Prism disappears into the shadows next to the barn, which means the plant only notices one target as it emerges. It slams at Mukluk with both of its leaves.

focused leaf attack: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (11) + 11 = 22
focused ouch!: 2d8 + 2 ⇒ (6, 7) + 2 = 15 piercing and 1d6 ⇒ 5 acid and grabbed (Improved Grab does not require an action)

Initiative!
Prism
Rova
Mukluk

Plant
Niksi


Male Dwarf
Moose:
Arc +7, Heal +6, Geog +5, Local/Nat +8, Perc +10

Mukluk will take 10, his shield will absorb 5 and take 10, giving it the broken condition. This may keep MM in the fight another round.

Round 2

Action 1: Strike.
Action 2: Strike.
Action 3: Raise shield.

Melee:
Gouger: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (13) + 10 = 23 to hit;
P: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8 damage

Melee:
Gouger: 1d20 + 10 - 5 ⇒ (16) + 10 - 5 = 21 to hit;
P: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10 damage

Muklucking:

Melee:
[ dice=Gouger]1d20+10[/dice] to hit;
[ dice=P]1d6+4[/dice] damage

Melee:
[ dice=Poker]1d20+10-4[/dice] to hit;
[ dice=P]1d4+4[/dice] damage

Melee:
[ dice=Poker]1d20+10-8[/dice] to hit;
[ dice=P]1d4+4[/dice] damage

AC: 20 +2 with shield action.
Fort/Ref/Will: 8/8/6
HP: 27-10-5= 12/34

Focus: 1/3
Hero Points: 1
Speed: 20'
Luck? 0/1 used


F HP 146, AC 27 or 28, F+18/19, R +20/21, W +16/17, Hero Pts 3 Halfling circusfolk doomsayer 10

Alarmed, Rova hurries forward to try to help Mukluk, calling on Thkrull to do the same!

Action 1: Step
Action 2: Battle Medicine
Action 3: Command an Animal
Medicine (trained): 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (12) + 5 = 17 2d8 ⇒ (2, 2) = 4


HP 108, AC 27/28, F+18, R+18, W+17, Per +17 Savage elephant animal companion 10

Thkrull, wondering why the sharp-smelling thing didn't just wait so Thkrull could have helped where he was, ambles forward and stomps on the plant. He tries to sniff it to see if it will taste good once he has stopped it from moving anymore.

Foot: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (17) + 6 = 23
Bludgeoning damage: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9


F Cavern Elf Bard (maestro)/9 Hero Points: 3

Niksi begins circling around the plant, drawing her whip. She flows into a dance, iterating upon some of the ballet-style moves she had used earlier in her performance.

Move, draw, inspire courage


Female Gnome | HP 138/138 AC: 28 (29 w/shield) +2 AC vs Trap| F: +19 R: +21 (Evasion), W: +15 +2 vs traps | Perception: +16; +2 vs traps; +2 Init (M, Low-Light Vision) Default Exploration: Avoid Notice

Prism draws her sickle and leaps out of the bush, aiming for the plants roots.

+1 Sickle; Inspire: 1d20 + 9 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 9 + 1 = 15
Damage: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3
Sneak Attack Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 1

... ◆⃟ Draw Sickle
... ◆⃟ Step
... ◆⃟ Attack

Status:

HP 28/28
AC 19 (AC 20 w/ Shield)
Hero Points 1/3
Vibrant Display 1/10 minutes


Finding the Forgotten || Extinction Curse

Niksi begins to inspire the group. Prism darts out of the shadows but just barely can't connect with the plant. Rova patches up Mukluk's wounds while Thkrull lays an enormous foot down on the plant's leaves. Mukluk hits twice with Gouger!

The plant is substantially injured, but this simply reinforces its hunger for dwarf! Swallow Whole!

Athletics check opposed by Mukluk's Reflex DC: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (1) + 11 = 12

But it finds itself choking! It tries again.

Athletics check opposed by Mukluk's Reflex DC: 1d20 + 11 - 5 ⇒ (14) + 11 - 5 = 20

This time, Mukluk goes down the hatch!

swallow damage: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6 and 1d6 ⇒ 6 acid

It then lashes out at Prism, but misses.

leaf attack: 1d20 + 11 - 10 ⇒ (7) + 11 - 10 = 8

Initiative!
Prism
Rova
Mukluk

Plant, -30 hp
Niksi

A swallowed creature is grabbed, is slowed 1, and has to hold its breath or start suffocating. The swallowed creature takes the listed amount of damage when first swallowed and at the end of each of its turns while it’s swallowed. If the victim Escapes this ability’s grabbed condition, it exits through the monster’s mouth. This frees any other creature grabbed in the monster’s mouth or jaws. A swallowed creature can attack the monster that has swallowed it, but only with unarmed attacks or with weapons of light Bulk or less. The engulfing creature is flat-footed against the attack. If the monster takes piercing or slashing damage equaling or exceeding the listed Rupture value from a single attack or spell, the engulfed creature cuts itself free. A creature that gets free by either Escaping or cutting itself free can immediately breathe and exits the swallowing monster’s space.

If the monster dies, a swallowed creature can be freed by creatures adjacent to the corpse if they spend a combined total of 3 actions cutting the monster open with a weapon or unarmed attack that deals piercing or slashing damage.


Female Gnome | HP 138/138 AC: 28 (29 w/shield) +2 AC vs Trap| F: +19 R: +21 (Evasion), W: +15 +2 vs traps | Perception: +16; +2 vs traps; +2 Init (M, Low-Light Vision) Default Exploration: Avoid Notice

Deception (Feint) vs Perception DC: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (9) + 7 = 16

Prism attempts to deceive the plant as she continues to slice it open to free Mukluk. "Gethim...outtathere!"

+1 Sickle; Inspire: 1d20 + 9 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 9 + 1 = 14
Damage: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4
Sneak Attack Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 4

+1 Sickle; Inspire: 1d20 + 9 + 1 - 4 ⇒ (15) + 9 + 1 - 4 = 21
Damage: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5
Sneak Attack Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 4

... ◆⃟ Feint
... ◆⃟ Attack
... ◆⃟ Attack

Status:

HP 28/28
AC 19 (AC 20 w/ Shield)
Hero Points 1/3
Vibrant Display 1/10 minutes


Male Dwarf
Moose:
Arc +7, Heal +6, Geog +5, Local/Nat +8, Perc +10

Round 3

Action 1: Interact.
Action 2: Strike.
Action 3: =none, slowed=

Swallowed and grumpy for a fight he did not wish, Mukluk drops his nice pick, the Gouger, and draws his clan knife, trying to cut his way free.

Melee:
Dagger: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (19) + 10 = 29 to hit;
S: 1d4 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8 damage

Muklucking:

Melee:
[ dice=Gouger]1d20+10[/dice] to hit;
[ dice=P]1d6+4[/dice] damage

Melee:
[ dice=Poker]1d20+10-4[/dice] to hit;
[ dice=P]1d4+4[/dice] damage

Melee:
[ dice=Poker]1d20+10-8[/dice] to hit;
[ dice=P]1d4+4[/dice] damage

AC: 20 +2 with shield action.
Fort/Ref/Will:  8/8/6
HP: 34-10-5+4-6-6 = 9/34

Focus: 1/3
Hero Points: 1
Speed: 20'
Luck? 0/1 used


F HP 146, AC 27 or 28, F+18/19, R +20/21, W +16/17, Hero Pts 3 Halfling circusfolk doomsayer 10

"Mukluk" Rova cries as the dwarf disappears down the creature's gullet.

"Thkrull, help him!" she calls, rushing in and -- in a flash -- drawing her filcher's fork and stabbing at the thing.

Action 1: Command an Animal
Action 2: Stride
Action 3: Quick Draw
Filcher's Fork: 1d20 + 8 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 8 + 1 = 11
Hunter's edge (precision/piercing damage): 1d4 + 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (2) + (4) + 1 = 7


HP 108, AC 27/28, F+18, R+18, W+17, Per +17 Savage elephant animal companion 10

Thkrull trumpets again, annoyed that anything would be so dumb as to want to eat the sharp-smelling thing.

He stomps again at the plant, and then threatens it with his mighty tusks to warn it what's coming.

Foot: 1d20 + 6 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 6 + 1 = 16
Bludgeoning damage: 1d8 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 3 + 1 = 10

Tusk (agile): 1d20 + 6 - 4 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 6 - 4 + 1 = 8


F Cavern Elf Bard (maestro)/9 Hero Points: 3

Niksi circles closer, snapping her whip at the plant as she continues her dance. Her steps are a bit more hurried as she sees Muklul sucked into the plants giant trap-like mouth.

Attack with Whip (inspire): 1d20 + 6 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 6 + 1 = 18
Damage (inspire): 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3
I believe she has a flank

Stride, strike, inspire


Finding the Forgotten || Extinction Curse

Niksi snaps at the plant with a whip! With its leaves empty, it snaps back at Niksi! It has a reaction!

leaf attack: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (15) + 11 = 26
ouch!: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3 piercing and 1d6 ⇒ 1 acid and grabbed!

Prism tries to fool the plant, but finds it difficult. Nevertheless, she gets one good slash on it. Rova tries to hit it with her fork and Thkrull tries to stomp on it, but perhaps out of a worry of injuring Mukluk inside, neither connects.

In the belly of the plant, Mukluk draws a dagger and slits it open from the inside. The dwarf is suddenly standing in the middle of a bunch of shredded leaves, free once more.

Nice crit to end the fight! Out of combat!


Male Dwarf
Moose:
Arc +7, Heal +6, Geog +5, Local/Nat +8, Perc +10

Mukluk, blooded and burned, slowly extricates himself from the fibrous foliage. He reaches back in (with many curses) until he is able to get his beloved Gouger out of the plants gullet.

”We shoulda run. It woulda never have caught us,” Mukluk sinks his back into the plant and goes to his knees, checking his injuries. ”Ah, this is going to leave a mark. Gimme a minute here. Let me...let me...catch my breath.”

hp 9/34. And not sure we need to wait an hour or not after Rova’s sweet ass battle medicining (Thanks Rova).


F HP 146, AC 27 or 28, F+18/19, R +20/21, W +16/17, Hero Pts 3 Halfling circusfolk doomsayer 10

"Why did you go toward it?" Rova asks. "Just because you're afraid you're doing to die doesn't mean you should rush toward it!"


Finding the Forgotten || Extinction Curse

Battle Medicine doesn't require waiting an hour, I believe.


Female Gnome | HP 138/138 AC: 28 (29 w/shield) +2 AC vs Trap| F: +19 R: +21 (Evasion), W: +15 +2 vs traps | Perception: +16; +2 vs traps; +2 Init (M, Low-Light Vision) Default Exploration: Avoid Notice

Battle Medicine is once a day.

Prism kneels near the dwarf. "Youhave..adeath..sentence...don'tyou?" Not able to help Mukluk so much with his injuries to tries to delve deeper into his mind. "I didn't think..plantsliked..meat." She poked Mukluk before looking around the area.


F Cavern Elf Bard (maestro)/9 Hero Points: 3

Niksi shakes her head at Mukluk. "If we had run, it simply would have caught someone else, probably someone who would be nowhere near as capable of defending themselves. We are injured, but we have the healing capabilities to make up for it."

Niksi laughs as Prism makes the observation about plants liking meat. "Plants that eat meat are the least strange creatures in this world. At this rate, I imagine we are in for far stranger things."

Happy to offer a Soothe if you want one, Mukluk, though I think we are basically handwaving ooc healing


Male Dwarf
Moose:
Arc +7, Heal +6, Geog +5, Local/Nat +8, Perc +10
Corkas 'Prism' Warfiz wrote:
"Youhave.ameth..repentance...you blue?"

”No, I’m just injured, piddlespot it! And I can’t change colors like you, so don’t even ask me to. I just don’t like fights is all. Trying to avoid hurtin’ things, if I can,” Mukluk stays resting until he regains his health.

When he’s back to full, returns Rova’s med kit and takes to his feet again. He puts away his broken shield and redraws the gouger. He looks back at the plant.

”Damnit, I hate the walking salads,” he grunts and is ready to approach the barn. When others are ready he’ll inspect the front entrance, and then try to enter.

1d20 + 8 ⇒ (20) + 8 = 28 Perception


F HP 146, AC 27 or 28, F+18/19, R +20/21, W +16/17, Hero Pts 3 Halfling circusfolk doomsayer 10

I think technically Battle Medicine just lets me use Treat Wounds really quickly, so should be an hour. That said, it's going to get very time consuming if we have to wait an hour after every fight, so ... ?

"Oh yeah, I don't think you can even really imagine them, Niksi," Rova agrees as she checks Mukluk's wounds.

Rova follows after the dwarf, indicating Thkrull should stay where he's safe. She pulls out her sling staff and loads a stone in case they do have to fight again.


Finding the Forgotten || Extinction Curse

Once everyone is recovered from the flytrap fight, you nudge open the door.

The air creature from the Mill is in here, along with two fire creatures and two earth creatures. You see three humans tied up in one of the stalls. When the door opens, they call out, "Help us! Please help us!" "F" is where the family is.

Initiative:

Yellow Mephit: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (20) + 3 = 23
Red Mephit: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9
Blue Mephit: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (18) + 3 = 21
Green Mephit: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5
Gray Mephit: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9
Perception, Rova: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (18) + 7 = 25
Stealth, Corkas: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (5) + 10 = 15
Perception, Mukluk: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (19) + 8 = 27
Perception, Niksi: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (19) + 6 = 25

Initiative!
Mukluk
Niksi
Rova

Yellow Fire Thing
Blue Earth Thing
Prism
Gray Air Thing
Red Fire Thing
Green Earth Thing


F Cavern Elf Bard (maestro)/9 Hero Points: 3

Niksi draws the pommel of her dagger against the bottom of her waterphone then taps it once, leaving a resounding note in the air, one that seems to quiet the air of distractions and steel her allies' hearts.

Attempting Lingering Composition
Performance: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (17) + 8 = 25
I think that's either a success or a critical success, so either lasts for 3 or 4 rounds

Two actions for lingering composition, another for the actual inspire courage


F HP 146, AC 27 or 28, F+18/19, R +20/21, W +16/17, Hero Pts 3 Halfling circusfolk doomsayer 10

I didn't get a chance last time because the combat ended so quickly, but could I have tried to Recall Knowledge on that thing that seemed suspiciously like an air mephit? Hoping to know weaknesses and resistances

"Let them out," Rova orders as she tries to make sense of the scene in front of her.

Action 1: Recall Knowledge (earth thing)
Action 2: Hunt Prey (blue, unless it has a resistance to bludgeoning, then I'll Hunt Prey red/gray, in that order, unless one has a weakness to bludgeoning)
Action 3: Strike (against my Hunted target, though I'm also assuming Mukluk will move)

Inspired:
Halfling sling staff: 1d20 + 8 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 8 + 1 = 14
Hunter's edge (precision/bludgeoning damage): 1d10 + 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (7) + (6) + 1 = 14

"Is there enough room in there for Thkrull?" Rova asks, ready to send the elephant in if others want. Not doing it right away, as it could be cramped; we may want to draw them out. Mukluk, if you move in, maybe don't move straight ahead so he has room to maneuver?


Finding the Forgotten || Extinction Curse

Absolutely, Rova can retcon a Knowledge check on the air mephit.


F HP 146, AC 27 or 28, F+18/19, R +20/21, W +16/17, Hero Pts 3 Halfling circusfolk doomsayer 10

OK. Do you want me to do it? (I wasn't doing them because it's a secret check, but I can.)


Male Dwarf
Moose:
Arc +7, Heal +6, Geog +5, Local/Nat +8, Perc +10

Round 1

Action 1: Guarded Step.
Action 2: Interact.
Action 3: Take cover.

Rova Moonbright wrote:
"Let them out," Rova orders as she tries to make sense of the scene in front of her."Is there enough room in there for Thkrull?"

"Nah, ain't wise to go in there. I'd be surrounded, impounded, grounded, and probably hurt...5 on 1 ain't no way to win a fight. This door here is what we call a choke point, you hear?" Mukluk steps away and draws the Poker. "Let's see if they will come at us. We can take them on one at a time."

Muklucking:

Melee:
[ dice=Gouger]1d20+10[/dice] to hit;
[ dice=P]1d6+4[/dice] damage

Melee:
[ dice=Poker]1d20+10-4[/dice] to hit;
[ dice=P]1d4+4[/dice] damage

Melee:
[ dice=Poker]1d20+10-8[/dice] to hit;
[ dice=P]1d4+4[/dice] damage

AC: 20 +2 with shield action.
Fort/Ref/Will:  8/8/6
HP: 34/34

Focus: 1/3
Hero Points: 1
Speed: 20'
Luck? 0/1 used


Finding the Forgotten || Extinction Curse

GM Screen:
Rova NAture: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11
Rova NAture: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (16) + 5 = 21

Mukluk moves to a more advantageous position, ready to strike. Niksi inspires her allies with her haunting performance once again.

Standard DC at level 2 is 16, so that is a success

Rova didn't get a good look at the air thing before it flew out the window, but she definitely recognizes this earth mephit. It doesn't have any weaknesses or resistances to speak of, but it does have a breath weapon! Her sling just passes over the creature's head.

It then moves forward and demonstrates its breath attack.

how does it breathe rocks!: 2d6 ⇒ (6, 4) = 10 bludgeoning damage, DC 17 basic Reflex save, Prism, Niksi, Rova, and Thkrull

GM screen:
recharge: 1d4 ⇒ 4

The fire thing in the back opens the back gate and flies outside.

Initiative!
Mukluk
Niksi
Rova
Yellow Fire Thing
Blue Earth Thing
Prism
Gray Air Thing
Red Fire Thing
Green Earth Thing

Prism is up!


F HP 146, AC 27 or 28, F+18/19, R +20/21, W +16/17, Hero Pts 3 Halfling circusfolk doomsayer 10

Reflex: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (11) + 9 = 20

Rova ducks the worst of the rocks, but can't avoid all of them.

Status:

HP 25/30
AC 19
Fort +8, Ref +10, Will +5
Hero points: 2
Effects: Hunted Prey (earth mephit)

[/spoiler]


F Cavern Elf Bard (maestro)/9 Hero Points: 3

Reflex Save: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8

Niksi was definitely not expecting to get smacked with a wave of rocks, so she is slow to react, just barely avoiding taking a full blast in the face.

14/24 hp now


Female Gnome | HP 138/138 AC: 28 (29 w/shield) +2 AC vs Trap| F: +19 R: +21 (Evasion), W: +15 +2 vs traps | Perception: +16; +2 vs traps; +2 Init (M, Low-Light Vision) Default Exploration: Avoid Notice

Reflex DC 17: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (11) + 10 = 21

Prism slams her back against the wall, only taking a couple of rocks to her ribs. Grabbing her sickle she feints an attack and then slashes through the door. "There are too many rocks!"

Deception (Feint) vs Perception DC: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (16) + 7 = 23

+1 Sickle; Inspire: 1d20 + 9 + 1 ⇒ (18) + 9 + 1 = 28
Damage: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4
Sneak Attack Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 2

Player Status:

HP 23/28
AC 19 (AC 20 w/ Shield)
Hero Points 1/3
Vibrant Display 1/10 minutes


Finding the Forgotten || Extinction Curse

Sneaky Prism scores a giant gash across the earth mephit! [ooc]That was a crit success on the feint, so it is flat-footed to Prism until the end of Prism's next turn. Also a crit on the attack.[ooc]

The air creature flies out the back door and starts coming around the side. The fire creature moves up to the front and lets loose a fiery breath attack.

how does it breath fire!: 2d4 ⇒ (1, 1) = 2, DC 17 basic Reflex save, Niksi, Rova, and Thkrull

The remaining earth creature instead goes underground, burrowing under our feet and poppng up next to Niksi and Thkrull!

Initiative!
Mukluk
Niksi
Rova

Yellow Fire Thing
Blue Earth Thing, -12 hp
Prism
Gray Air Thing
Red Fire Thing
Green Earth Thing


F HP 146, AC 27 or 28, F+18/19, R +20/21, W +16/17, Hero Pts 3 Halfling circusfolk doomsayer 10

Reflex: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (13) + 9 = 22

Quick stats:

HP 24/30
AC 19
Fort +8, Ref +10, Will +5
Hero points: 2
Effects: Hunted Prey (earth mephit)

Rova squeaks, but mostly in surprise, as she's singed, skin pinking slightly. "Thkrull, get it!" she calls as she reloads her staff and fires again at the earth mephit.

Unfortunately, in her haste, the stone more falls to the ground than flies toward its target.

Action 1: Command an Animal
Action 2: Reload
Action 3: Strike

Halfling sling staff: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (1) + 8 = 9


HP 108, AC 27/28, F+18, R+18, W+17, Per +17 Savage elephant animal companion 10

Reflex: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (18) + 5 = 23

Status:

HP 15
AC 15 (2 Dex, 2 trained unarmored, 1 level)
Fort +5, Ref +5, Will +4
Perception +4, Acrobatics +5, Athletics +6, Intimidation +3

Thkrull also manages to avoid the worst of the fire, kicking at the stupid hot thing to try to put it out.

Foot: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (11) + 6 = 17
Bludgeoning damage: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5

Tusk (agile): 1d20 + 6 - 4 ⇒ (1) + 6 - 4 = 3
Piercing damage: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9


Male Dwarf
Moose:
Arc +7, Heal +6, Geog +5, Local/Nat +8, Perc +10

Round 2

Action 1: Guarded Step.
Action 2: Strike.
Action 3: Strike.

Mukluk moves into the doorway to address the foe there.

Melee:
Gouger: 1d20 + 10 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 10 + 1 = 22 to hit;
P: 1d6 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 4 + 1 = 8 damage

Melee:
1d20 + 10 - 4 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 10 - 4 + 1 = 19 to hit;
P: 1d4 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 4 + 1 = 8 damage

Muklucking:

Melee:
[ dice=Gouger]1d20+10[/dice] to hit;
[ dice=P]1d6+4[/dice] damage

Melee:
[ dice=Poker]1d20+10-4[/dice] to hit;
[ dice=P]1d4+4[/dice] damage

Melee:
[ dice=Poker]1d20+10-8[/dice] to hit;
[ dice=P]1d4+4[/dice] damage

AC: 20 +2 with shield action.
Fort/Ref/Will:  8/8/6
HP: 34/34

Focus: 1/3
Hero Points: 1
Speed: 20'
Luck? 0/1 used


F Cavern Elf Bard (maestro)/9 Hero Points: 3

Reflex Save: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8

Niksi slashes twice at the earth thing that has circled behind the group then carefully steps away from it. "This situation is...not ideal."

Attack with Dagger (inspire): 1d20 + 6 + 1 ⇒ (20) + 6 + 1 = 27
Damage (inspire): 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3

Attack with Dagger (inspire, multiple attack penalty): 1d20 + 6 + 1 - 5 ⇒ (4) + 6 + 1 - 5 = 6
Damage (inspire): 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4

Strike, strike, step. Inspire courage is still lingering
12/24 hp


Finding the Forgotten || Extinction Curse

Mukluk strikes the fire creature twice, taking it down! Niksi stabs the earth creature next to her right in its center. Rova struggles to hit with her slingstaff, but Thkrull kicks the same one the Niksi stabbed, right in the head.

The yellow fire thing flies around the side of the barn, keeping behind the corner. The blue earth thing lashes out at Prism and then Mukluk, then moves away. AoO from Mukluk!

attack vs Prism: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (16) + 8 = 24
ouch!: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7

attack vs Mukluk: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (3) + 8 = 11
ouch!: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4

Initiative!
Mukluk
Niksi
Rova
Yellow Fire Thing
Blue Earth Thing, -12 hp
Prism
Gray Air Thing
Green Earth Thing, -11 hp

Prism is up, and Mukluk got an AoO on Blue!


Female Gnome | HP 138/138 AC: 28 (29 w/shield) +2 AC vs Trap| F: +19 R: +21 (Evasion), W: +15 +2 vs traps | Perception: +16; +2 vs traps; +2 Init (M, Low-Light Vision) Default Exploration: Avoid Notice

Prism takes a stone to the chest, knocking the wind from her as a deep purple bruise begins to form. "GWwaaahhhh." She coughs violently.

A small ball of fire forms into Prisms palm and she slings it into the barn at the pile of rocks.

Produce Flame; Inspire: 1d20 + 8 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 8 + 1 = 13
Damage: 1d4 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 3 + 1 = 8

The flickering embers merge into a small shield in front of her hand.

◆◆ (Produce Flame)
◆ (Shield)

Player Status:

HP 16/28
AC 19 (AC 20 w/ Shield)
Hero Points 1/3
Vibrant Display 1/10 minutes


Male Dwarf
Moose:
Arc +7, Heal +6, Geog +5, Local/Nat +8, Perc +10

Melee:
Gouger: 1d20 + 10 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 10 + 1 = 16 to hit;
P: 1d6 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 4 + 1 = 9 damage


Finding the Forgotten || Extinction Curse

Mukluk takes out the Earth thing as it moves away!

I'll take the liberty of redirecting Prism's attack to the other Earth thing, which misses.

The gray air thing appears around the side of the building. It suddenly loses structure in its appearance and seems harder to target. It cast blur and now has concealment. You need to attemot a DC 5 flat check to target it.

The green one roars in anger and suddenly gets big!

It then tries to go toe to toe with Thkrull!

slam!: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (4) + 8 = 12
embiggened ouch!: 1d6 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 3 + 2 = 10

Initiative!
Mukluk
Niksi
Rova

Yellow Fire Thing
Prism
Gray Air Thing, concealment
Green Earth Thing, -11 hp


Male Dwarf
Moose:
Arc +7, Heal +6, Geog +5, Local/Nat +8, Perc +10

Round 3

Action 1: Stride.
Action 2: Strike.
Action 3: Strike.

Seeing foes moves around the back, Mukluk moves to intercept them.

"We coulda been nice about this. We coulda."

Melee:
Gouger: 1d20 + 10 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 10 + 1 = 17 to hit;
P: 1d6 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 4 + 1 = 7 damage

Melee:
1d20 + 10 - 4 + 1 ⇒ (20) + 10 - 4 + 1 = 27 to hit;
P: 1d4 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 4 + 1 = 8 2d8 + 8 + 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (5, 5) + 8 + (1) + 2 = 21 crit damage

Muklucking:

Melee:
[ dice=Gouger]1d20+10[/dice] to hit;
[ dice=P]1d6+4[/dice] damage

Melee:
[ dice=Poker]1d20+10-4[/dice] to hit;
[ dice=P]1d4+4[/dice] damage

Melee:
[ dice=Poker]1d20+10-8[/dice] to hit;
[ dice=P]1d4+4[/dice] damage

AC: 20 +2 with shield action.
Fort/Ref/Will:  8/8/6
HP: 34/34

Focus: 1/3
Hero Points: 1
Speed: 20'
Luck? 0/1 used

501 to 550 of 3,633 << first < prev | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Kate's Extinction Curse [closed] All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.