Radiant Fire [Tyrant's Grasp]

Game Master mike9322

roll20


1,601 to 1,650 of 1,794 << first < prev | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | next > last >>

Weird, the forum ate my GM post between Ray and Amanteia. That's really annoying. The short version is: Ray puts #2 at 0 hp, then #4 steps up and puts Ray down.

Grand Lodge

Male Human Oracle (Spirit Guide) 4
Vital Statistics:
[HP 34] [AC 16 | T 10 | FF 16] [Init +0 | Per +2 (-2 vs Ambush/Traps) | Hero Pts 2] [BAB +3 | CMB +5 | CMD 15] [F +4 | R +2 | W +5]
Weapon Statistics:
[Melee MW Mace +6 | 1d8+2 | 20/x2] [Melee MW Sickle +6 | 1d6+2 | 20/x2] [Ranged Sling +3 | 1d4+2 | Rg 50 | 20/x2]
Spells, Powers and Active Conditions:
[Spell Slots | 0 (DC 14): ~ | 1st (DC 15): 7 | 2nd (DC 16): 4] [Channel Energy (DC 17 Half): 7] [Wandering Spirit: Ancestors (Hex: Ghost Blades)]

Dellan grits his teeth. "I do not think so, chav," he growls, and raises the holy symbol of Pharasma.

"Mere asalee moras ke lie shaimpen;
Mere sham moras ke lie asalee dard!"

The gray-purple light tears out from the holy symbol, healing his friends and searing across the shabti's skin.

Purifying Channel. I can exclude exactly four people, and I'm lighting up #4. DC 16 Will Save for half.

Channel Energy (heal): 2d6 ⇒ (3, 1) = 4


Behind the screen:

#1 con: 1d20 - 5 + 2 ⇒ (2) - 5 + 2 = -1
#4 will: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10

flurry: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 2 = 15
damage: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4
flurry: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 2 = 18
damage: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3

#4 yelps as his skin bubbles and burns. It notices Ray awaken from Dellan's healing and kicks him twice, putting him back under (4+3=7 damage).

ROUND 8
Creature #4 (4 damage)
Creature #1 (24 damage, unconscious and dying)
Amanteia (29/29 hp)
Argus (40/40 hp, compelled to remove armor [5 rounds])
Creature #2 (19 damage, unconscious and stable)
Creature #3 (0 damage, unconscious [4 rounds], blind [7 rounds], stunned [8 rounds])
Dellan (22/34 hp, 1 str damage)
Ray (-4/27 hp, +2 AC, unconscious and dying)

Bold may act.


Female Human (Chelaxian) Sorcerer 4

Amanteia takes a step back, then loads and fires her crossbow.

crossbow: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 4 = 15
damage: 1d8 ⇒ 6


Behind the screen:

The bolt takes #4 high in the chest and he looks in surprise at Amanteia.

ROUND 8
Creature #4 (10 damage)
Creature #1 (24 damage, unconscious and dying)
Amanteia (29/29 hp)
Argus (40/40 hp, compelled to remove armor [4 rounds])
Creature #2 (19 damage, unconscious and stable)
Creature #3 (0 damage, unconscious [3 rounds], blind [6 rounds], stunned [7 rounds])
Dellan (22/34 hp, 1 str damage)
Ray (-4/27 hp, +2 AC, unconscious and dying)

Bold may act.

Grand Lodge

Male Human Oracle (Spirit Guide) 4
Vital Statistics:
[HP 34] [AC 16 | T 10 | FF 16] [Init +0 | Per +2 (-2 vs Ambush/Traps) | Hero Pts 2] [BAB +3 | CMB +5 | CMD 15] [F +4 | R +2 | W +5]
Weapon Statistics:
[Melee MW Mace +6 | 1d8+2 | 20/x2] [Melee MW Sickle +6 | 1d6+2 | 20/x2] [Ranged Sling +3 | 1d4+2 | Rg 50 | 20/x2]
Spells, Powers and Active Conditions:
[Spell Slots | 0 (DC 14): ~ | 1st (DC 15): 7 | 2nd (DC 16): 4] [Channel Energy (DC 17 Half): 7] [Wandering Spirit: Ancestors (Hex: Ghost Blades)]

Dellan doesn't hesitate. He swings out his mace to try and end the job.

Mace: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7
Damage: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4

F+%!ING CHRIST it never rains but it pours.


Behind the screen:

#1 con: 1d20 + 2 - 6 ⇒ (6) + 2 - 6 = 2

flurry: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 2 = 22
damage: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6
flurry: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 2 = 13
damage: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8

confirm: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5

fumble: 1d52 ⇒ 39

WRONG END: If you're using a slashing weapon, you take 1d6 points of damage and 1 point of bleed.

Dellan breathes a sigh of relief when he overextends with his mace and it comes down on his foot. If that had been a sword, he would have cut right through his boot and into his foot. As it is, his foot throbs a bit, but he doesn't think he did any lasting damage.

#4 hits Dellan directly in the solar plexus.

dellan fort: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (18) + 4 = 22

It hurts a lot, but he doesn't lose control of his limbs again (unconfirmed crit, 6 damage).

ROUND 9
Creature #4 (10 damage)
Creature #1 (25 damage, unconscious and dying)
Amanteia (29/29 hp)
Argus (40/40 hp, compelled to remove armor [4 rounds])
Creature #2 (19 damage, unconscious and stable)
Creature #3 (0 damage, unconscious [3 rounds], blind [6 rounds], stunned [7 rounds])
Dellan (20/34 hp, 1 str damage)
Ray (-4/27 hp, +2 AC, unconscious and dying)

Bold may act.


Female Human (Chelaxian) Sorcerer 4

Amanteia channels her frustration into an attempt to daze the last one.


Behind the screen:

#4 will: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (16) + 4 = 20

#4 is completely unaffected by Amanteia's spell.

Need two con checks from Ray; we forgot to have him roll it last round.

ROUND 9
Creature #4 (10 damage)
Creature #1 (25 damage, unconscious and dying)
Amanteia (29/29 hp)
Argus (40/40 hp, compelled to remove armor [3 rounds])
Creature #2 (19 damage, unconscious and stable)
Creature #3 (0 damage, unconscious [2 rounds], blind [5] rounds], stunned [6 rounds])
Dellan (20/34 hp, 1 str damage)
Ray (-4/27 hp, +2 AC, unconscious and dying)

Bold may act.


Male Human Occultist 4
Vital Statistics:
[HP 27] [Per +12 | Hero Pts 1 | Init +2] [AC 16 | T 12 | FF 14] [BAB +2 | CMB +4 | CMD 16] [F +6* | +4* | +9*] [*= -1 if Abj. Focus Spent]
Weapon Statistics:
[Melee MW Silvered Longsword +6 | 1d8+2 S | 19-20/x2] [Ranged Light Crossbow +5 | 1d8 P | Rg 80 | 19-20/x2] [Ranged Energy Ray +5 Tch | 1d6 Energy | Rg 30 | 20/x2]
Spells and Daily Powers:
[Mental Focus 9] [Invested: Abjuration 2 | Divination 4 | Evocation 3] [Spells/Day| 0th (DC 13): ~ | 1st (DC 14): 4 | 2nd (DC 15): 2]

Stabilize DC 10: 1d20 + 2 - 4 ⇒ (10) + 2 - 4 = 8

Stabilize DC 10: 1d20 + 2 - 5 ⇒ (2) + 2 - 5 = -1

Hahaha NOPE. At -6 hp.


Male Half-Orc Paladin (Warrior of the Holy Light) 4
Vital Statistics:
[HP 40] [AC 18 | T 12 | FF 16] [Per -1 | Hero Pts 2 | Init +2] [BAB +3 | CMB +6 | CMD 18] [F +8* | R +6* | W +6*] [*Immune to Fear]
Weapon Statistics:
[Melee Glaive +7 | 1d10+4 S | 20/x3] [Melee Glaive Smite +11 | 1d10+7 S | 20/x3] [Ranged Hvy Crossbow +6 | 1d10 P | Rg 120 | 19-20/x2]
Daily Uses:
[Smite Evil 2] [Lay on Hands 6] [Orc Ferocity 1] [Lawbringer 1]

Argus stares at his greaves for a second. Why is he doing this? What's happening here? WHAT IS GOING ON??

....

You start with the hauberk, not the greaves! Argus shakes his head and chuckles to himself. "Rookie mistake," he mutters, and continues unbuckling his armor.

Grand Lodge

Male Human Oracle (Spirit Guide) 4
Vital Statistics:
[HP 34] [AC 16 | T 10 | FF 16] [Init +0 | Per +2 (-2 vs Ambush/Traps) | Hero Pts 2] [BAB +3 | CMB +5 | CMD 15] [F +4 | R +2 | W +5]
Weapon Statistics:
[Melee MW Mace +6 | 1d8+2 | 20/x2] [Melee MW Sickle +6 | 1d6+2 | 20/x2] [Ranged Sling +3 | 1d4+2 | Rg 50 | 20/x2]
Spells, Powers and Active Conditions:
[Spell Slots | 0 (DC 14): ~ | 1st (DC 15): 7 | 2nd (DC 16): 4] [Channel Energy (DC 17 Half): 7] [Wandering Spirit: Ancestors (Hex: Ghost Blades)]

Dellan grits his teeth and raises his holy symbol again. He's never bothered to beg for anything in his adult life; he spent years begging the mad ghost of his murdered mother to leave him alone, until it finally sank in that begging does nothing, only doing. But these are trying circumstances, so he gives it a shot. Come on, Pharasma. If it is truly your will that I and my companions survive, then show me. Please...

Purifying Channel again.

Channel Energy (heal): 2d6 ⇒ (4, 5) = 9 (Will DC 17 half.)

You know, that's actually a pretty good roll. I'm gonna go ahead and take it as a sign lol


Behind the screen:

#4 will: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5

Natty 1! 8hp left :)

#4 screams as the holy fire burns through him. He falls, but this isn't over, because #3 is technically still alive...

Ray awakens.

ROUND 9
Creature #4 (19 damage, unconscious and dying)
Creature #1 (25 damage, unconscious and dying)
Amanteia (29/29 hp)
Argus (40/40 hp, compelled to remove armor [3 rounds])
Creature #2 (19 damage, unconscious and stable)
Creature #3 (0 damage, unconscious [2 rounds], blind [5] rounds], stunned [6 rounds])
Dellan (29/34 hp, 1 str damage)
Ray (3/27 hp, +2 AC)

Bold may act.


Male Human Occultist 4
Vital Statistics:
[HP 27] [Per +12 | Hero Pts 1 | Init +2] [AC 16 | T 12 | FF 14] [BAB +2 | CMB +4 | CMD 16] [F +6* | +4* | +9*] [*= -1 if Abj. Focus Spent]
Weapon Statistics:
[Melee MW Silvered Longsword +6 | 1d8+2 S | 19-20/x2] [Ranged Light Crossbow +5 | 1d8 P | Rg 80 | 19-20/x2] [Ranged Energy Ray +5 Tch | 1d6 Energy | Rg 30 | 20/x2]
Spells and Daily Powers:
[Mental Focus 9] [Invested: Abjuration 2 | Divination 4 | Evocation 3] [Spells/Day| 0th (DC 13): ~ | 1st (DC 14): 4 | 2nd (DC 15): 2]

Ray stands to his feet and looks down at the utterly helpless creature on the ground, his face and ribs cracked and bruised, internal bleeding only barely stanched by Dellan's magic, and tightens his grip on the hammer. "I am sick of this f&@%ing place," he growls. He drops the blasting rod, grips the warhammer's haft with both hands, and swings down at the last shabti's head.

Technically not a coup-de-grace, because that's a full round action. Just swingin' with an adamantine warhammer.

Hammer vs 3: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11
1d8 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5

As sad as that roll is, thanks to the bajillion conditions on #3, I think that might actually still hit lol. In fact the bonus to hit for him being prone might be enough all by itself.


Behind the screen:

#4 con: 1d20 + 2 - 1 ⇒ (11) + 2 - 1 = 12
#1 con: 1d20 + 2 - 7 ⇒ (8) + 2 - 7 = 3

His AC is 3 right now :joy:

Ray's hammer hits the shabti but doesn't kill him.

ROUND 10
Creature #4 (19 damage, unconscious and stable)
Creature #1 (26 damage, unconscious and dying)
Amanteia (29/29 hp)
Argus (40/40 hp, compelled to remove armor [3 rounds])
Creature #2 (19 damage, unconscious and stable)
Creature #3 (5 damage, unconscious [2 rounds], blind [5] rounds], stunned [6 rounds])
Dellan (29/34 hp, 1 str damage)
Ray (3/27 hp, +2 AC)

Bold may act.


Female Human (Chelaxian) Sorcerer 4

Amanteia steps up to the unconscious shabti and reloads her crossbow. She points it down at the shabti, but doesn't fire. She looks at Dellan and Ray. "Are we really going to kill him while he lays there helpless?"

Readying attack if the party decides he needs to die:

crossbow: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6
damage: 1d8 ⇒ 7


Behind the screen:

WDYD?

ROUND 10
Creature #4 (19 damage, unconscious and stable)
Creature #1 (26 damage, unconscious and dying)
Amanteia (29/29 hp, readied attack)
Argus (40/40 hp, compelled to remove armor [2 rounds])
Creature #2 (19 damage, unconscious and stable)
Creature #3 (5 damage, unconscious [1 rounds], blind [4 rounds], stunned [5 rounds])
Dellan (29/34 hp, 1 str damage)
Ray (3/27 hp, +2 AC)

Bold may act.

Grand Lodge

Male Human Oracle (Spirit Guide) 4
Vital Statistics:
[HP 34] [AC 16 | T 10 | FF 16] [Init +0 | Per +2 (-2 vs Ambush/Traps) | Hero Pts 2] [BAB +3 | CMB +5 | CMD 15] [F +4 | R +2 | W +5]
Weapon Statistics:
[Melee MW Mace +6 | 1d8+2 | 20/x2] [Melee MW Sickle +6 | 1d6+2 | 20/x2] [Ranged Sling +3 | 1d4+2 | Rg 50 | 20/x2]
Spells, Powers and Active Conditions:
[Spell Slots | 0 (DC 14): ~ | 1st (DC 15): 7 | 2nd (DC 16): 4] [Channel Energy (DC 17 Half): 7] [Wandering Spirit: Ancestors (Hex: Ghost Blades)]

Dellan looks at Ray, clearly uncomfortable. "I am a healer, not a killer. We have successfully defended ourselves, and they are incapacitated. There is no need to kill them."


Male Human Occultist 4
Vital Statistics:
[HP 27] [Per +12 | Hero Pts 1 | Init +2] [AC 16 | T 12 | FF 14] [BAB +2 | CMB +4 | CMD 16] [F +6* | +4* | +9*] [*= -1 if Abj. Focus Spent]
Weapon Statistics:
[Melee MW Silvered Longsword +6 | 1d8+2 S | 19-20/x2] [Ranged Light Crossbow +5 | 1d8 P | Rg 80 | 19-20/x2] [Ranged Energy Ray +5 Tch | 1d6 Energy | Rg 30 | 20/x2]
Spells and Daily Powers:
[Mental Focus 9] [Invested: Abjuration 2 | Divination 4 | Evocation 3] [Spells/Day| 0th (DC 13): ~ | 1st (DC 14): 4 | 2nd (DC 15): 2]

Ray grips the haft of the warhammer white-knuckled, staring with dead, angry eyes at the shabti's ruined face where the hammer smashed his nose and likely cracked his jaw and cheekbone. Blood drips from the hammer head in slow, thick red splatters on the ground as Ray wrestles for control of his mind. He wants nothing more than to give in to his lizard brain and smash these m#~@~+%#*~#$s to pieces. He hates this place. He hates the goddess who runs it. He hates these f%%%ing people he's sidled with. He. Hates. Everything.

A small nip on his ear grabs his attention. It's not a hard nip, doesn't even draw blood, but just enough pain to get his attention. The raven on his shoulder cocks his head at him reproachfully. He doesn't have to speak. The question is plain on his face: I am from Her. Do you hate me too?

The hammer suddenly feels very, very heavy in Ray's hands. He numbly sticks it back in its frog on his belt and shuffles over to Argus, waiting patiently for the big idiot to stop undressing so he can help him put the armor back on.

Grand Lodge

Male Human Oracle (Spirit Guide) 4
Vital Statistics:
[HP 34] [AC 16 | T 10 | FF 16] [Init +0 | Per +2 (-2 vs Ambush/Traps) | Hero Pts 2] [BAB +3 | CMB +5 | CMD 15] [F +4 | R +2 | W +5]
Weapon Statistics:
[Melee MW Mace +6 | 1d8+2 | 20/x2] [Melee MW Sickle +6 | 1d6+2 | 20/x2] [Ranged Sling +3 | 1d4+2 | Rg 50 | 20/x2]
Spells, Powers and Active Conditions:
[Spell Slots | 0 (DC 14): ~ | 1st (DC 15): 7 | 2nd (DC 16): 4] [Channel Energy (DC 17 Half): 7] [Wandering Spirit: Ancestors (Hex: Ghost Blades)]

Dellan sighs with relief, sheathing his mace. He moves around each of the shabti, starting with whichever one looks worst-off, and casts stabilize on them.

Once combat is over and he's stabilized all four, he'll start moving them over to one side. If we have any rope, he'll help tie them up.


Behind the screen:

COMBAT OVER

#3's eyes begin fluttering as he awakens, but he is still blind and unable to move, so you are able to get him tied up before he is a threat. Seconds later, Argus comes to his senses and looks down in confusion at the neatly piled armor pieces on the ground.

The shabti each have a wooden holy symbol of Pharasma and 5 shuriken on them.

After less than a minute, #3 regains his faculties and looks up at you with hatred in his eyes. "You are abominations and you do not deserve to continue existing." He looks around and notices his comrades still breathing. "Your little act of 'mercy' will gain you no favor with Mictena. As soon as we get free, we will come after you."


Female Human (Chelaxian) Sorcerer 4

Amanteia ignores the shabti's threat and approaches Argus. "Hell of a thing losing control of your mind, isn't it? Let me help you with your armor."


Male Human Occultist 4
Vital Statistics:
[HP 27] [Per +12 | Hero Pts 1 | Init +2] [AC 16 | T 12 | FF 14] [BAB +2 | CMB +4 | CMD 16] [F +6* | +4* | +9*] [*= -1 if Abj. Focus Spent]
Weapon Statistics:
[Melee MW Silvered Longsword +6 | 1d8+2 S | 19-20/x2] [Ranged Light Crossbow +5 | 1d8 P | Rg 80 | 19-20/x2] [Ranged Energy Ray +5 Tch | 1d6 Energy | Rg 30 | 20/x2]
Spells and Daily Powers:
[Mental Focus 9] [Invested: Abjuration 2 | Divination 4 | Evocation 3] [Spells/Day| 0th (DC 13): ~ | 1st (DC 14): 4 | 2nd (DC 15): 2]

Ray stops what he's doing when the shabti speaks. He saunters over and hunkers down in front of him, absently wiping the blood off his hands with a rag. "I don't give a flying f&$* what Mictena thinks, boy. Or you, for that matter. I didn't spare your life for that psycho b%*&~'s sake. I spared it for theirs." He points at Dellan, Amanteia, and Argus. "You do what you gotta do, kid. But next time you come after us, I won't be sparing s$&&. You'll die, and you'll die ugly. If you're good with that, then you come dance next time you feel frisky. I'd love to plant this hammer so far into your skull you s+&& teeth." He pats the shabti's cheek condescendingly, then moves over to the others and continues helping Argus.


Male Half-Orc Paladin (Warrior of the Holy Light) 4
Vital Statistics:
[HP 40] [AC 18 | T 12 | FF 16] [Per -1 | Hero Pts 2 | Init +2] [BAB +3 | CMB +6 | CMD 18] [F +8* | R +6* | W +6*] [*Immune to Fear]
Weapon Statistics:
[Melee Glaive +7 | 1d10+4 S | 20/x3] [Melee Glaive Smite +11 | 1d10+7 S | 20/x3] [Ranged Hvy Crossbow +6 | 1d10 P | Rg 120 | 19-20/x2]
Daily Uses:
[Smite Evil 2] [Lay on Hands 6] [Orc Ferocity 1] [Lawbringer 1]

Argus nods gratefully to Amanteia as he begins redressing. He gives Ray a disapproving look at his snide remarks toward the shabti, but remains silent, fairly well distracted by contemplating his lapse of willpower. He needs to be stronger of mind, both for Shelyn's sake and his companions'. They nearly died because of him.

He doesn't even blink at the "abomination" comment. He's a half-orc; he's been called a hell of a lot worse in his time. He does wonder about the fragments in their chests, though. It has an uncomfortably necromantic ring to it, but he doesn't know nearly enough about magic to say what it could possibly mean.

Grand Lodge

Male Human Oracle (Spirit Guide) 4
Vital Statistics:
[HP 34] [AC 16 | T 10 | FF 16] [Init +0 | Per +2 (-2 vs Ambush/Traps) | Hero Pts 2] [BAB +3 | CMB +5 | CMD 15] [F +4 | R +2 | W +5]
Weapon Statistics:
[Melee MW Mace +6 | 1d8+2 | 20/x2] [Melee MW Sickle +6 | 1d6+2 | 20/x2] [Ranged Sling +3 | 1d4+2 | Rg 50 | 20/x2]
Spells, Powers and Active Conditions:
[Spell Slots | 0 (DC 14): ~ | 1st (DC 15): 7 | 2nd (DC 16): 4] [Channel Energy (DC 17 Half): 7] [Wandering Spirit: Ancestors (Hex: Ghost Blades)]

Dellan moves over to Argus and helps the others strap the pieces back into place at Argus' direction. He glances at Ray with an amused expression as the occultist returns over, and mouths the words s~!$ting teeth?


Male Human Occultist 4
Vital Statistics:
[HP 27] [Per +12 | Hero Pts 1 | Init +2] [AC 16 | T 12 | FF 14] [BAB +2 | CMB +4 | CMD 16] [F +6* | +4* | +9*] [*= -1 if Abj. Focus Spent]
Weapon Statistics:
[Melee MW Silvered Longsword +6 | 1d8+2 S | 19-20/x2] [Ranged Light Crossbow +5 | 1d8 P | Rg 80 | 19-20/x2] [Ranged Energy Ray +5 Tch | 1d6 Energy | Rg 30 | 20/x2]
Spells and Daily Powers:
[Mental Focus 9] [Invested: Abjuration 2 | Divination 4 | Evocation 3] [Spells/Day| 0th (DC 13): ~ | 1st (DC 14): 4 | 2nd (DC 15): 2]

Ray snorts and shrugs. He scratches Bob on the top of his head and then retrieves his blasting rod. He decides to keep an eye out while the others finish helping Argus, figuring four's a crowd when it comes to donning armor.


Male Half-Orc Paladin (Warrior of the Holy Light) 4
Vital Statistics:
[HP 40] [AC 18 | T 12 | FF 16] [Per -1 | Hero Pts 2 | Init +2] [BAB +3 | CMB +6 | CMD 18] [F +8* | R +6* | W +6*] [*Immune to Fear]
Weapon Statistics:
[Melee Glaive +7 | 1d10+4 S | 20/x3] [Melee Glaive Smite +11 | 1d10+7 S | 20/x3] [Ranged Hvy Crossbow +6 | 1d10 P | Rg 120 | 19-20/x2]
Daily Uses:
[Smite Evil 2] [Lay on Hands 6] [Orc Ferocity 1] [Lawbringer 1]

Once he's armored up again, Argus nods gratefully to the others. "Thank y-you. Let's g...get g...going." He blushes slightly and moves southward, where he can see a break in the hedges.


Male Human Occultist 4
Vital Statistics:
[HP 27] [Per +12 | Hero Pts 1 | Init +2] [AC 16 | T 12 | FF 14] [BAB +2 | CMB +4 | CMD 16] [F +6* | +4* | +9*] [*= -1 if Abj. Focus Spent]
Weapon Statistics:
[Melee MW Silvered Longsword +6 | 1d8+2 S | 19-20/x2] [Ranged Light Crossbow +5 | 1d8 P | Rg 80 | 19-20/x2] [Ranged Energy Ray +5 Tch | 1d6 Energy | Rg 30 | 20/x2]
Spells and Daily Powers:
[Mental Focus 9] [Invested: Abjuration 2 | Divination 4 | Evocation 3] [Spells/Day| 0th (DC 13): ~ | 1st (DC 14): 4 | 2nd (DC 15): 2]

Ray follows the paladin, glancing through the hedge break into the area beyond and looking for trouble.

Perception: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (13) + 13 = 26


Behind the screen:

init: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 2 = 13

This open space is tiled with gray bricks in intricate patterns. Inset mosaics display various scenes of a stylized skeletal woman releasing humanoid figures from painful situations -- from torture and illness to mourning fallen children. A short dais in the center of this space holds a statue of a thin, robed male elf clutching a dagger to his chest. A look of resigned sorrow is etched onto the statue's face. Gaps in the carefully pruned hedges lead to the north and east.

As Argus crosses into the space, the statue turns its head to look at you and brandishes the dagger.

Knowledge (arcana) DC15:

This is a construct known as a graven guardian. Ask your questions.

Initiative:

Amanteia init: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (1) + 12 = 13
Argus init: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 2 = 13
Dellan init: 1d20 ⇒ 9
Raybin init: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3
argus rolloff: 1d20 ⇒ 20
creature rolloff: 1d20 ⇒ 3

Did you heal?

ROUND 1
Amanteia (29/29 hp)
Argus (40/40 hp)
Creature (0 damage)
Dellan (29/34 hp, 1 str damage)
Raybin (3/27 hp)

Bold may act.


Male Half-Orc Paladin (Warrior of the Holy Light) 4
Vital Statistics:
[HP 40] [AC 18 | T 12 | FF 16] [Per -1 | Hero Pts 2 | Init +2] [BAB +3 | CMB +6 | CMD 18] [F +8* | R +6* | W +6*] [*Immune to Fear]
Weapon Statistics:
[Melee Glaive +7 | 1d10+4 S | 20/x3] [Melee Glaive Smite +11 | 1d10+7 S | 20/x3] [Ranged Hvy Crossbow +6 | 1d10 P | Rg 120 | 19-20/x2]
Daily Uses:
[Smite Evil 2] [Lay on Hands 6] [Orc Ferocity 1] [Lawbringer 1]

Argus, glancing back, realizes they never healed up Raybin. Cursing his own stupidity, he reaches back and touches the occultist, sending positive energy into him.

Lay on Hands: 2d6 ⇒ (4, 3) = 7

He then plants his feet, keeping the path between the statue and the others blocked.


Female Human (Chelaxian) Sorcerer 4

K(A): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (18) + 7 = 25

"Graven guardian! That hammer is the only thing that will fully hurt it!"

It also has SR and fast healing :grimace:

SR: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (16) + 4 = 20
MM: 2d4 + 2 ⇒ (2, 3) + 2 = 7

Amanteia fires two missiles. They bypass the guardian's protection from spells and slam into it, sending shards flying.


Behind the screen:

The graven guardian raises its arms briefly. A flash of magical energy surrounds it and it begins moving impossibly fast, as if everything it does it sped up. It moves over next to Argus, brandishing the dagger.

ROUND 1
Amanteia (29/29 hp)
Argus (40/40 hp)
Graven guardian (?? damage, hasted)
Dellan (29/34 hp, 1 str damage)
Raybin (10/27 hp)

Bold may act.

Grand Lodge

Male Human Oracle (Spirit Guide) 4
Vital Statistics:
[HP 34] [AC 16 | T 10 | FF 16] [Init +0 | Per +2 (-2 vs Ambush/Traps) | Hero Pts 2] [BAB +3 | CMB +5 | CMD 15] [F +4 | R +2 | W +5]
Weapon Statistics:
[Melee MW Mace +6 | 1d8+2 | 20/x2] [Melee MW Sickle +6 | 1d6+2 | 20/x2] [Ranged Sling +3 | 1d4+2 | Rg 50 | 20/x2]
Spells, Powers and Active Conditions:
[Spell Slots | 0 (DC 14): ~ | 1st (DC 15): 7 | 2nd (DC 16): 4] [Channel Energy (DC 17 Half): 7] [Wandering Spirit: Ancestors (Hex: Ghost Blades)]

Dellan whispers, "Khul," before reaching over and touching Raybin. Way to sleep on the job, dummy. He sends a powerful burst of healing energy into the occultist. "Give Argus the hammer! You're still in no condition to fight."

Cure Moderate Wounds: 2d8 + 4 ⇒ (6, 6) + 4 = 16

NOICE. 16 back to Ray.


Male Human Occultist 4
Vital Statistics:
[HP 27] [Per +12 | Hero Pts 1 | Init +2] [AC 16 | T 12 | FF 14] [BAB +2 | CMB +4 | CMD 16] [F +6* | +4* | +9*] [*= -1 if Abj. Focus Spent]
Weapon Statistics:
[Melee MW Silvered Longsword +6 | 1d8+2 S | 19-20/x2] [Ranged Light Crossbow +5 | 1d8 P | Rg 80 | 19-20/x2] [Ranged Energy Ray +5 Tch | 1d6 Energy | Rg 30 | 20/x2]
Spells and Daily Powers:
[Mental Focus 9] [Invested: Abjuration 2 | Divination 4 | Evocation 3] [Spells/Day| 0th (DC 13): ~ | 1st (DC 14): 4 | 2nd (DC 15): 2]

Ray looks down at the wounds Dellan just stitched almost completely closed. The itching is potent and immediate, leaving behind no trace of the hammering blows that had caused massive internal bleeding and cracked bones, then gives Dellan an incredulous look. "He says after healing me almost to full capacity." Still, Argus can definitely take hits better than the rest of them. He sheathes the blasting rod and holds out the hammer toward Argus. "Quick, Altar Boy, take it!"

Move action to sheathe blasting rod, move action (I think?) to offer out the hammer.


Behind the screen:

If a statue was capable of displaying emotion, it would have seem slightly concerned that you have an adamantine hammer.

ROUND 2
Amanteia (29/29 hp)
Argus (40/40 hp)
Graven guardian (?? damage, hasted)
Dellan (29/34 hp, 1 str damage)
Raybin (26/27 hp)

Bold may act.


Female Human (Chelaxian) Sorcerer 4

It seems obvious early on that this is going to devolve into a slugfest between Argus and the statue in the bottleneck between the hedges. Amanteia moves next to Argus and touches him lightly, whispering an incantation under her breath as she does so. Argus blinks out of sight.

She cast vanish on Argus.


Male Half-Orc Paladin (Warrior of the Holy Light) 4
Vital Statistics:
[HP 40] [AC 18 | T 12 | FF 16] [Per -1 | Hero Pts 2 | Init +2] [BAB +3 | CMB +6 | CMD 18] [F +8* | R +6* | W +6*] [*Immune to Fear]
Weapon Statistics:
[Melee Glaive +7 | 1d10+4 S | 20/x3] [Melee Glaive Smite +11 | 1d10+7 S | 20/x3] [Ranged Hvy Crossbow +6 | 1d10 P | Rg 120 | 19-20/x2]
Daily Uses:
[Smite Evil 2] [Lay on Hands 6] [Orc Ferocity 1] [Lawbringer 1]

Argus drops his glaive and grabs the hammer just as his body disappears from view and he lets out a little yelp. "I was not expecting that," he mumbles. Well, let's put it to good use. Knock him around the head, just like the old days. He snorts a mirthless chuckle, then swings out with the hammer in both hands.

Adamantine Warhammer: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (3) + 8 = 11
Damage: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10

Don't remember what the attack bonus is for invisibility. +2 I think?

UGH never mind. I'm spending another hero point to gain an extra action. That attack is too low to spend it on the +4, I just don't know if that will hit. I'm going to take an extra standard action instead to smash it again.

Hammer: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (4) + 8 = 12
Damage: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5

F+!* EVERYTHING.


Behind the screen:

dagger: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (6) + 11 = 17
damage: 1d4 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5
dagger: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (18) + 11 = 29
damage: 1d4 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6
dagger: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (10) + 6 = 16
damage: 1d4 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5

confirm: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (11) + 11 = 22
crit damage: 1d4 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7

Argus feels a surge of energy and swings the hammer twice, but he is still getting used to the hammer's balance and both strikes whiff completely.

The statue stabs with the dagger three times. The strikes are almost too fast for the eye to see, but, to Argus's credit, he parries the first and the last. Unfortunately, the second finds a gap in his armor and enters his side. The statue twists the dagger before pulling it out, sending a spout of blood from the wound (confirmed crit, 13 damage).

ROUND 2
Amanteia (29/29 hp)
Argus (27/40 hp)
Graven guardian (?? damage, hasted [4 rounds])
Dellan (29/34 hp, 1 str damage)
Raybin (26/27 hp)

Bold may act.

Grand Lodge

Male Human Oracle (Spirit Guide) 4
Vital Statistics:
[HP 34] [AC 16 | T 10 | FF 16] [Init +0 | Per +2 (-2 vs Ambush/Traps) | Hero Pts 2] [BAB +3 | CMB +5 | CMD 15] [F +4 | R +2 | W +5]
Weapon Statistics:
[Melee MW Mace +6 | 1d8+2 | 20/x2] [Melee MW Sickle +6 | 1d6+2 | 20/x2] [Ranged Sling +3 | 1d4+2 | Rg 50 | 20/x2]
Spells, Powers and Active Conditions:
[Spell Slots | 0 (DC 14): ~ | 1st (DC 15): 7 | 2nd (DC 16): 4] [Channel Energy (DC 17 Half): 7] [Wandering Spirit: Ancestors (Hex: Ghost Blades)]

Struggling between healing and defending, Dellan makes a split decision. It looks like Argus can survive another hit or two, so he decides to focus on defense. He touches the paladin's shoulder and mutters a prayer to Pharasma.

Casting shield of faith on Argus.


Male Human Occultist 4
Vital Statistics:
[HP 27] [Per +12 | Hero Pts 1 | Init +2] [AC 16 | T 12 | FF 14] [BAB +2 | CMB +4 | CMD 16] [F +6* | +4* | +9*] [*= -1 if Abj. Focus Spent]
Weapon Statistics:
[Melee MW Silvered Longsword +6 | 1d8+2 S | 19-20/x2] [Ranged Light Crossbow +5 | 1d8 P | Rg 80 | 19-20/x2] [Ranged Energy Ray +5 Tch | 1d6 Energy | Rg 30 | 20/x2]
Spells and Daily Powers:
[Mental Focus 9] [Invested: Abjuration 2 | Divination 4 | Evocation 3] [Spells/Day| 0th (DC 13): ~ | 1st (DC 14): 4 | 2nd (DC 15): 2]

Ray grumbles to himself, feeling a little useless. For the first time in recent memory, he stows his blasting rod and pulls out his crossbow.

Move action to sheathe, move action to draw.


Behind the screen:

The statue watches impassively as some stuff happens.

ROUND 3
Amanteia (29/29 hp)
Argus (27/40 hp, +2 AC [4 rounds])
Graven guardian (?? damage, hasted [4 rounds])
Dellan (29/34 hp, 1 str damage)
Raybin (26/27 hp)

Bold may act.


Male Half-Orc Paladin (Warrior of the Holy Light) 4
Vital Statistics:
[HP 40] [AC 18 | T 12 | FF 16] [Per -1 | Hero Pts 2 | Init +2] [BAB +3 | CMB +6 | CMD 18] [F +8* | R +6* | W +6*] [*Immune to Fear]
Weapon Statistics:
[Melee Glaive +7 | 1d10+4 S | 20/x3] [Melee Glaive Smite +11 | 1d10+7 S | 20/x3] [Ranged Hvy Crossbow +6 | 1d10 P | Rg 120 | 19-20/x2]
Daily Uses:
[Smite Evil 2] [Lay on Hands 6] [Orc Ferocity 1] [Lawbringer 1]

Argus grumbles something about wasted hero points and then tries again.

Warhammer: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (16) + 8 = 24
Damage: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8

Much better!


Female Human (Chelaxian) Sorcerer 4

Amanteia sends another couple of missiles at the statue. This thing could easily kill them all.

SR: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 4 = 18
MM: 2d4 + 2 ⇒ (2, 1) + 2 = 5


Behind the screen:

dagger: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (1) + 11 = 12
damage: 1d4 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8
dagger: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (13) + 11 = 24
damage: 1d4 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7
dagger: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (20) + 6 = 26
damage: 1d4 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5

fumble confirm: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (6) + 11 = 17
crit confirm: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (11) + 6 = 17

fumble: 1d52 ⇒ 40

Argus lands the first solid hit against the statue, then Amanteia's missiles slam into it. Shrapnel flies everywhere, but some of the damage is immediately repaired. Still, it's clear that its healing is too slow if the party can keep it up.

The statue continues its assault on Argus. The first stab goes well wide.

VIBRATION: If you're using a bludgeoning weapon, you take 1d3 points of str damage and drop your weapon.

It recovers from the errant strike and lands the second (7 damage) and third (unconfirmed crit, 5 damage).

ROUND 3
Amanteia (29/29 hp)
Argus (15/40 hp, +2 AC [4 minutes])
Graven guardian (?? damage, hasted [3 rounds])
Dellan (29/34 hp, 1 str damage)
Raybin (26/27 hp)

Bold may act.

Grand Lodge

Male Human Oracle (Spirit Guide) 4
Vital Statistics:
[HP 34] [AC 16 | T 10 | FF 16] [Init +0 | Per +2 (-2 vs Ambush/Traps) | Hero Pts 2] [BAB +3 | CMB +5 | CMD 15] [F +4 | R +2 | W +5]
Weapon Statistics:
[Melee MW Mace +6 | 1d8+2 | 20/x2] [Melee MW Sickle +6 | 1d6+2 | 20/x2] [Ranged Sling +3 | 1d4+2 | Rg 50 | 20/x2]
Spells, Powers and Active Conditions:
[Spell Slots | 0 (DC 14): ~ | 1st (DC 15): 7 | 2nd (DC 16): 4] [Channel Energy (DC 17 Half): 7] [Wandering Spirit: Ancestors (Hex: Ghost Blades)]

Grumbling to himself in alarm, Dellan touches Argus' shoulder and sends another jolt of positive energy into him.

CLW: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10

"I only have so many spells left," he reminds the paladin. "Sooner is better than later with the whole 'killing it' thing."


Male Human Occultist 4
Vital Statistics:
[HP 27] [Per +12 | Hero Pts 1 | Init +2] [AC 16 | T 12 | FF 14] [BAB +2 | CMB +4 | CMD 16] [F +6* | +4* | +9*] [*= -1 if Abj. Focus Spent]
Weapon Statistics:
[Melee MW Silvered Longsword +6 | 1d8+2 S | 19-20/x2] [Ranged Light Crossbow +5 | 1d8 P | Rg 80 | 19-20/x2] [Ranged Energy Ray +5 Tch | 1d6 Energy | Rg 30 | 20/x2]
Spells and Daily Powers:
[Mental Focus 9] [Invested: Abjuration 2 | Divination 4 | Evocation 3] [Spells/Day| 0th (DC 13): ~ | 1st (DC 14): 4 | 2nd (DC 15): 2]

Ray loads the crossbow and fires it over Argus' shoulder at the statue.

Light Crossbow vs GG: 1d20 + 5 - 4 ⇒ (2) + 5 - 4 = 3
Damage: 1d8 ⇒ 8

UGH. Even without the penalty for firing into melee that is hot garbage. I think bad dice rolls are gonna kill this party more than your monsters are. I f&%+ing hate Paizo's roller. Have I mentioned that before?


Behind the screen:

ROUND 4
Amanteia (29/29 hp)
Argus (25/40 hp, +2 AC [4 minutes])
Graven guardian (?? damage, hasted [3 rounds])
Dellan (29/34 hp, 1 str damage)
Raybin (26/27 hp)

Bold may act.


Female Human (Chelaxian) Sorcerer 4

Second verse, same as the first.

SR: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 4 = 18
MM: 2d4 + 2 ⇒ (1, 1) + 2 = 4

Keep passing the SR, which is great, and then rolling crap damage, which is not.


Male Half-Orc Paladin (Warrior of the Holy Light) 4
Vital Statistics:
[HP 40] [AC 18 | T 12 | FF 16] [Per -1 | Hero Pts 2 | Init +2] [BAB +3 | CMB +6 | CMD 18] [F +8* | R +6* | W +6*] [*Immune to Fear]
Weapon Statistics:
[Melee Glaive +7 | 1d10+4 S | 20/x3] [Melee Glaive Smite +11 | 1d10+7 S | 20/x3] [Ranged Hvy Crossbow +6 | 1d10 P | Rg 120 | 19-20/x2]
Daily Uses:
[Smite Evil 2] [Lay on Hands 6] [Orc Ferocity 1] [Lawbringer 1]

Argus touches his chest and whispers a quick prayer before swinging again.

Swift action to LoH self, then attack.

LoH: 2d6 ⇒ (5, 3) = 8

Hammer: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (15) + 8 = 23
Damage: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10

Finally, a decent round for one of us.


Behind the screen:

dagger: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (3) + 11 = 14
damage: 1d4 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8

dagger: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (6) + 11 = 17
damage: 1d4 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6

dagger: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (16) + 6 = 22
damage: 1d4 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8

The guardian is beginning to look a bit worse for wear. It still has enough fight to make another three lightning quick stabs at Argus, but only one finds flesh this time (8 damage).

ROUND 4
Amanteia (29/29 hp)
Argus (25/40 hp, +2 AC [4 minutes])
Graven guardian (?? damage, hasted [2 rounds])
Dellan (29/34 hp, 1 str damage)
Raybin (26/27 hp)

Bold may act.

1,601 to 1,650 of 1,794 << first < prev | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Radiant Fire [Tyrant's Grasp] All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.