GM Cellion's Dawn of Flame AP

Game Master Cellion

Handouts
Maps
Loot Log

INITs:
[dice=Marisol init]d20+3[/dice]
[dice=Flint init]d20+0[/dice]
[dice=Sammad init]d20+2[/dice]
[dice=Ordyt init]d20+4[/dice]
[dice=Belmarniss init]d20+1[/dice]
---
[dice=Enemy]d20+0[/dice]


951 to 1,000 of 2,227 << first < prev | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | next > last >>

Male NG Human Priest Solarian 4 | SP 28/28 HP 27/32 | RP 2/5 | EAC 13; KAC 16 | Fort +4; Ref +1; Will +4 | Init: +0 | Perc: +5, SM: +7+1d6 | Speed 25ft | Active conditions: None

Same action over the fence for Flint, but he charges Red since that guy is trying to go get help.


Female CG Sylph Roboticist Mechanic 4 |SP 20/20 HP 26/26 | RP 4/7 | EAC 16; KAC 17; Elec Res 5 | Fort +3; Ref +6; Will +1 | Init: +3 | Perc: +7, SM: +0 | Speed 30ft | SLA: Flight 1/day | Active conditions: None

Still alive, I just want to see how Flint's action resolves to decide on my action. I have managed to place myself in a pickle.


Seaweed Leshy Technomancer 1 / Game Master 3 | Maps: (Dead Suns Maps) | (DeadSuns Handouts) | (RotRL Handouts) | (RotRL Maps) | (DoF Handouts) | (DoF Maps)

Flint's charge catches the red Collective member off guard, and the flat of his solar dueling sword collides with the fellow's head, sending him down to the ground before he can open the door.

|||| INIT ||||
Ordyt
Marisol
Belmarniss (1 dmg)
Sammad

Flint (6 dmg)
Blue Collective Member
Red Collective Member (KO'd)

Bold are up.


NG oread Spacefarer Blitz-Soldier1/Mystic3 l KAC16 EAC14 l 33/33sp 31/31hp l RP2/4 l F +5, R +2, W +7, Ini +5 l Perc. +8 SM +8 l Spd35 l SLA: Energy Ray at-will l Active Conditions: None

Gritting his teeth, Ordyt leaps up onto the fence, holding his frosthammer in his right hand and scrabbling at the chain-link with his left. With a grunt of effort he vaults himself over the top, landing on the other side near the first of the Collective guards.

Athletics: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 2 = 22 Wow the dice roller is being nice to me! Thanks dice roller!


Seaweed Leshy Technomancer 1 / Game Master 3 | Maps: (Dead Suns Maps) | (DeadSuns Handouts) | (RotRL Handouts) | (RotRL Maps) | (DoF Handouts) | (DoF Maps)

Don't forget that climbing takes 2 free hands.


NG oread Spacefarer Blitz-Soldier1/Mystic3 l KAC16 EAC14 l 33/33sp 31/31hp l RP2/4 l F +5, R +2, W +7, Ini +5 l Perc. +8 SM +8 l Spd35 l SLA: Energy Ray at-will l Active Conditions: None

Okay, put away the hammer I guess


Female CG Sylph Roboticist Mechanic 4 |SP 20/20 HP 26/26 | RP 4/7 | EAC 16; KAC 17; Elec Res 5 | Fort +3; Ref +6; Will +1 | Init: +3 | Perc: +7, SM: +0 | Speed 30ft | SLA: Flight 1/day | Active conditions: None

Mari steps past Flint and over the unconscious form of the other guard, wielding her rifle like a club in an attempt to block the door.

Readied action to swing it at the guard if he tries to rush the door!


Seaweed Leshy Technomancer 1 / Game Master 3 | Maps: (Dead Suns Maps) | (DeadSuns Handouts) | (RotRL Handouts) | (RotRL Maps) | (DoF Handouts) | (DoF Maps)

Ordyt gets over the fence with a quick scramble. (I've moved you to the inner side of the fence) Meanwhile Marisol blocks the way back into the Station. (When you ready attacks, make sure to give me your attack and damage rolls in case they end up triggering)

|||| INIT ||||
Ordyt
Marisol
Belmarniss (1 dmg)
Sammad

Flint (6 dmg)
Blue Collective Member
Red Collective Member (KO'd)

Bold are up.


Male LN Ifrit Corporate Agent envoy 4 | SP 24/24 HP 26/28 | RP 3/5 | EAC 15; KAC 16; | Fort: 1; Ref: 7; Will: 4; | Init: +3 | Perc +0, SM +6 | Speed: 30 ft. | SLA: overheat 1/day | Active conditions: none

Sammad steps foward, sighing as he aims at the Collective member. "You won't escape. Stand down and we'll let you live."

Gonna reuse my intimidate roll of 21 from before.


Female CG Sylph Roboticist Mechanic 4 |SP 20/20 HP 26/26 | RP 4/7 | EAC 16; KAC 17; Elec Res 5 | Fort +3; Ref +6; Will +1 | Init: +3 | Perc: +7, SM: +0 | Speed 30ft | SLA: Flight 1/day | Active conditions: None

Sorry about that! I thought I had posted a dice roll.

Readied attack: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 1 = 12
Treating it as a club: 1d6 ⇒ 2

Exo-Guardians

Female LG drow solar disciple technomancer 4 | SP 22/22 HP 20/25 | RP 1/4 | EAC 14; KAC 17 | Fort +1; Ref +2; Will +4 | Init: +1 | Perc: +9, SM: +0 | Speed 25ft | Dancing Lights (at-will); Detect Magic (at-will) | Spells: 1st 1/4; 2nd 3/3 | Active conditions: None.

Athletics: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8

Belmarniss attempts to get over the fence and fails miserably.


Seaweed Leshy Technomancer 1 / Game Master 3 | Maps: (Dead Suns Maps) | (DeadSuns Handouts) | (RotRL Handouts) | (RotRL Maps) | (DoF Handouts) | (DoF Maps)

Since climbing is a move action, heres a free second attempt for you Bel:
Bel Athletics: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3
Belmarniss continues to try to get over the fence, but in her haste she doesn't get a good grip and slips back down.
----

GM Screen:
1d20 + 2 - 2 ⇒ (15) + 2 - 2 = 15 1d8 ⇒ 7
1d20 + 2 - 2 ⇒ (18) + 2 - 2 = 18 1d8 ⇒ 4
Sammad's threat lands hard against the remaining Collective member, who seems more and more convinced that you're the evil "Others" the Collective has been saying are the source of the Psychic Surges. He quakes in his boots, but manages to get a shaky hand up to press the transmit button on his comm. "B-b-boss! Th-they're here! They're attacking! I won't be able to hold them!" In his panic he doesn't provide much in the way of meaningful detail.

Determined to go down fighting, he fires at both Marisol and Flint with his rifle. Despite his shaken state, luck and desperation allows both shots to land, injuring the two party members. (Marisol takes 7 dmg, Flint takes 4)

|||| INIT ||||
Ordyt
Marisol (7 dmg)
Belmarniss (1 dmg)
Sammad
Flint (10 dmg)

Blue Collective Member (shaken 1 rd)
Red Collective Member (KO'd)

Bold are up.

Exo-Guardians

Female LG drow solar disciple technomancer 4 | SP 22/22 HP 20/25 | RP 1/4 | EAC 14; KAC 17 | Fort +1; Ref +2; Will +4 | Init: +1 | Perc: +9, SM: +0 | Speed 25ft | Dancing Lights (at-will); Detect Magic (at-will) | Spells: 1st 1/4; 2nd 3/3 | Active conditions: None.

"NOT A BATTLE, A RESCUE MISSION!" Belmarniss barks as she attempts to scale the fence again.

Athletics: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 2 = 19


Male NG Human Priest Solarian 4 | SP 28/28 HP 27/32 | RP 2/5 | EAC 13; KAC 16 | Fort +4; Ref +1; Will +4 | Init: +0 | Perc: +5, SM: +7+1d6 | Speed 25ft | Active conditions: None

Grimacing with both the pain of a second wound and their cover being blown, Flint moves up to the remaining guard and tries a combination of strikes himself, slashing first with a quick stroke across his face and following up with a sharp stab to the gut!

Continuing to stay photon attuned, Flint steps up and tries a full attack with his dueling blade still set to stun.

Primary Attack: 1d20 + 5 - 4 ⇒ (4) + 5 - 4 = 5
Nonlethal Damage: 1d6 + 7 ⇒ (3) + 7 = 10

Secondary Attack: 1d20 + 5 - 4 ⇒ (9) + 5 - 4 = 10
Nonlethal Damage: 1d6 + 7 ⇒ (2) + 7 = 9


Female CG Sylph Roboticist Mechanic 4 |SP 20/20 HP 26/26 | RP 4/7 | EAC 16; KAC 17; Elec Res 5 | Fort +3; Ref +6; Will +1 | Init: +3 | Perc: +7, SM: +0 | Speed 30ft | SLA: Flight 1/day | Active conditions: None

Marisol grunts in surprise as the goon's round impacts the armor underneath her clothes. Quickly recovering, she designates him as a target for her exocortex, (That guy shot me!) adjusts her grip on her rifle, (Who even does that?) and fires.

Hunting Rifle with Combat Tracking: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (12) + 6 = 18
Hunting Rifle Damage (P): 1d8 ⇒ 6


Seaweed Leshy Technomancer 1 / Game Master 3 | Maps: (Dead Suns Maps) | (DeadSuns Handouts) | (RotRL Handouts) | (RotRL Maps) | (DoF Handouts) | (DoF Maps)

It feels like 3/5 party members don't have map access right now, based on how much I'm having to move you guys. Not a good week for posting either.
Botting Ordyt and Sammad:
Ordyt draws his frost hammer once more, advancing upon the remaining Collective member.

With his threat continuing to be effective, Sammad draws and fires at the remaining Collective member with his hail pistol.
Hail pistol: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 2 = 12
Hail pistol damage (C & P): 1d6 ⇒ 2
----

GM Screen:
1d20 ⇒ 10
Flint: No free 5ft steps on Starfinder, so to step into melee with the guard, you need to spend a move action first.

Belmarniss makes it over the fence and drops down inside the parking lot (You have a move action left if you want to move or draw a weapon). Flint's dueling blade flashes towards the guard, but strikes against an armguard without injuring the hyperventilating man. Both Marisol and Sammad on the other hand land shots from their ranged weapons, badly injuring him.

The remaining guard backs away from Ordyt and Flint carefully. With no avenue for escape, his morale breaks. He drops his rifle and raises his arms in a universal sign of surrender. "Please mercy!"

Combat Over!

Note that while we're out of combat, this is a time sensitive situation. Engage in lengthy activities (like taking a 10 min breather) at your own risk.


NG oread Spacefarer Blitz-Soldier1/Mystic3 l KAC16 EAC14 l 33/33sp 31/31hp l RP2/4 l F +5, R +2, W +7, Ini +5 l Perc. +8 SM +8 l Spd35 l SLA: Energy Ray at-will l Active Conditions: None

Raising his hammmer menacingly, Ordyt glares at the guard. "Facedown on the ground!" he growls, kicking the rifle away. If the guard complies... The ordead knees next to the lashunta, searching for handcuffs, zip ties, or anything else that could be used to secure the prisoner.


Male NG Human Priest Solarian 4 | SP 28/28 HP 27/32 | RP 2/5 | EAC 13; KAC 16 | Fort +4; Ref +1; Will +4 | Init: +0 | Perc: +5, SM: +7+1d6 | Speed 25ft | Active conditions: None

”We’ll want to get their communicators, weapons, and any badges or keycards needed for access to the doors, gates, and” ...looking at the police skimmers...”vehicles.” Looking over at Doctor Taeress, Flint continues, ”He managed to blow our cover, so we need to move fast if we want to rescue your friends.”


Male LN Ifrit Corporate Agent envoy 4 | SP 24/24 HP 26/28 | RP 3/5 | EAC 15; KAC 16; | Fort: 1; Ref: 7; Will: 4; | Init: +3 | Perc +0, SM +6 | Speed: 30 ft. | SLA: overheat 1/day | Active conditions: none

Sammad looks down as Ordyt tries to restrain the guard. He strides over to the wounded lashunta's head and crouches down, holstering his pistol again. "Mercy...there's a concept...How's about you tell us where the prisoners are being kept, and we'll make sure you don't bleed out? That sound good?"

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (20) + 13 = 33

Exo-Guardians

Female LG drow solar disciple technomancer 4 | SP 22/22 HP 20/25 | RP 1/4 | EAC 14; KAC 17 | Fort +1; Ref +2; Will +4 | Init: +1 | Perc: +9, SM: +0 | Speed 25ft | Dancing Lights (at-will); Detect Magic (at-will) | Spells: 1st 1/4; 2nd 3/3 | Active conditions: None.

Belmarniss, seeing the fight over almost as soon as it begins, somewhat dejectedly waves her hand at some nearby traffic cones, converting them to tech-junk that she draws her junksword out of.

Giving it the nonlethal quality this time around.

"We're not behind the Pulse either, young man," she adds after Sammad makes his offer. "Think it through, if we had the power to send a wave of psychic energy that powerful through the whole of the Burning Archipelago, why would we be attempting to sneak into one out-of the-way guardstation?"


Female CG Sylph Roboticist Mechanic 4 |SP 20/20 HP 26/26 | RP 4/7 | EAC 16; KAC 17; Elec Res 5 | Fort +3; Ref +6; Will +1 | Init: +3 | Perc: +7, SM: +0 | Speed 30ft | SLA: Flight 1/day | Active conditions: None

As quickly as she can, Mari slings her rifle and rushes over to the last camera, trying to shut it off. Hopefully, nobody was watching all that...

Computers: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (6) + 13 = 19
Engineering: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (11) + 9 = 20


Seaweed Leshy Technomancer 1 / Game Master 3 | Maps: (Dead Suns Maps) | (DeadSuns Handouts) | (RotRL Handouts) | (RotRL Maps) | (DoF Handouts) | (DoF Maps)

The Collective guard kneels and then leans down until his face is on the ground and his hands are behind him. Ordyt searches through his gear and finds two cartridges of half-empty longarm ammunition, a longsword, a frag grenade Mk1, and a credstick (with 50 credits if you check it). You find the same on the other guard. No sign of any handcuffs, zipties or other similar gear - at least on either of these two guards. Nor are there any signs of any keycards for the doors. When you look over at the back doors leading into the Station, they have a keypad to accept a password to unlock or lock the doors.

The prone guard looks nervously from person to person in your group as Bel and Sammad speak, eventually licking his lips and saying "P-prisoners are kept on the west side of the building, except if someones being kept in the interrogation room in the east." He has no answer to Bel's assertion, but its clear from the fevered look in his eyes that his confidence that you're behind the Surge has not abated.

It takes Marisol a bit of work, but she manages to disable the remaining camera watching the back parking lot.

As all this is going on, Dr. Taeress finally makes her way over the first fence and then over the second fence. She's a little out of breath as she drops down inside the parking lot courtyard. "I can't believe we're breaking into a police station. But... Nib's here. I hope we're not too late and she's still being held here."


Male NG Human Priest Solarian 4 | SP 28/28 HP 27/32 | RP 2/5 | EAC 13; KAC 16 | Fort +4; Ref +1; Will +4 | Init: +0 | Perc: +5, SM: +7+1d6 | Speed 25ft | Active conditions: None

"Blazes, they let the door shut behind them when they came out!"

"Sammad, there's a password for the back door, did you get one from the guard?" asks Flint, looking at the pad on the door. He winces at the pain from the bullet wounds as he turns, but they don't seem to be serious enough to cause permanent damage.


Male LN Ifrit Corporate Agent envoy 4 | SP 24/24 HP 26/28 | RP 3/5 | EAC 15; KAC 16; | Fort: 1; Ref: 7; Will: 4; | Init: +3 | Perc +0, SM +6 | Speed: 30 ft. | SLA: overheat 1/day | Active conditions: none

Sammad looks up at Flint. "I can try, Captain."

He looks back down to the guard. "Contrary to appearances, we don't want to hurt you people. If we have to break through that backdoor, though, we will. And we'll probably end up having to hurt somebody.

So why don't you help out your comrades and tell us the passcode?"

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (18) + 13 = 31

Expertise: 1d6 ⇒ 2

Exo-Guardians

Female LG drow solar disciple technomancer 4 | SP 22/22 HP 20/25 | RP 1/4 | EAC 14; KAC 17 | Fort +1; Ref +2; Will +4 | Init: +1 | Perc: +9, SM: +0 | Speed 25ft | Dancing Lights (at-will); Detect Magic (at-will) | Spells: 1st 1/4; 2nd 3/3 | Active conditions: None.

Belmarniss watches Sammad work, waiting for the okay to knock this one out as well.


NG oread Spacefarer Blitz-Soldier1/Mystic3 l KAC16 EAC14 l 33/33sp 31/31hp l RP2/4 l F +5, R +2, W +7, Ini +5 l Perc. +8 SM +8 l Spd35 l SLA: Energy Ray at-will l Active Conditions: None

GM, what kind of check would be needed if I wanted to use a belt or some other improvised restraint?


Seaweed Leshy Technomancer 1 / Game Master 3 | Maps: (Dead Suns Maps) | (DeadSuns Handouts) | (RotRL Handouts) | (RotRL Maps) | (DoF Handouts) | (DoF Maps)

Ordyt: No check to tie someone up if you've got something to do so with (they have to beat DC20+1.5*Your Level to escape with acrobatics). If you don't have anything like that in your inventory and you want to find something to serve that purpose quickly, give me a Survival check to find something in the parking lot.

The guard stays quiet for almost a minute after Flint and Sammad ask about a passcode, visibly warring internally over whether to divulge such information. Finally, it seems that Sammad's careful negotiation wins him over. "0199394857 is the code for the doors." Even as he speaks, he seems to be regretting saying it.


NG oread Spacefarer Blitz-Soldier1/Mystic3 l KAC16 EAC14 l 33/33sp 31/31hp l RP2/4 l F +5, R +2, W +7, Ini +5 l Perc. +8 SM +8 l Spd35 l SLA: Energy Ray at-will l Active Conditions: None

Survival: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (16) + 6 = 22

Scrounging around the station yard, Ordyt finds a length of coiled wiring in a tool crate. Returning, he coils the wiring tightly around both guards' wrists and ankles. DC23


Male NG Human Priest Solarian 4 | SP 28/28 HP 27/32 | RP 2/5 | EAC 13; KAC 16 | Fort +4; Ref +1; Will +4 | Init: +0 | Perc: +5, SM: +7+1d6 | Speed 25ft | Active conditions: None

Smiling at Sammad and Ordyt’s work, Flint says, ”Okay, let’s roll,” as he punches in the door keycode.


Seaweed Leshy Technomancer 1 / Game Master 3 | Maps: (Dead Suns Maps) | (DeadSuns Handouts) | (RotRL Handouts) | (RotRL Maps) | (DoF Handouts) | (DoF Maps)

With your victim bound, you enter the code in and the back door slides open smoothly. Inside, you see a large room with doors on all four sides. A long conference table runs down the center and lockers line the walls. A hologram projector at the table's center shows a three-dimensional model of Asanatown and its side-bubble, Clearlight, with several locations labeled in red. A large window set into the eastern wall looks into a small room - one that appears to be an interrogation room of some sort.

There are three occupants in the room - an ifrit of lashunta descent with antennae that look like cooling lava and red-and-gold mottling on his skin, a lashunta guard with a scarred face, and a bright purple skittermander in gleaming polished heavy armor. As the door finishes opening the skittermander pauses and looks up from her work. She seems to have been partway through constructing an improvised barricade from folding chairs, but didn't get very far.

Both the lashunta carries a rifle out, while the ifrit had a bulky flamethrower in his hands. Both are taking partial cover behind the table. The skittermander doesn't have any weapons out, but its clear she has a burning doshko on her back and a pistol on her hip.

The skittermander spins around, looking to the ifrit "Oooh oooh! Are these the bad guys boss? Time to punchy-punch them back where they came from?" The ifrit ignores her, and instead narrows his eyes at you all.

"Hands up and surrender yourselves, criminals! Why are you here?" The ifrit spits out his words.


Male NG Human Priest Solarian 4 | SP 28/28 HP 27/32 | RP 2/5 | EAC 13; KAC 16 | Fort +4; Ref +1; Will +4 | Init: +0 | Perc: +5, SM: +7+1d6 | Speed 25ft | Active conditions: None

”Oh, you mean the Collective criminals who corrupted the Asanatown militia and kidnapped its citizens? Very well, we accept your surrender,” quips Flint, on the off-chance that one of these combatants has been duped into following the Collective dogma—but he knows a gang when he sees one...

Diplomacy or Intimidate: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (20) + 10 = 30

Exo-Guardians

Female LG drow solar disciple technomancer 4 | SP 22/22 HP 20/25 | RP 1/4 | EAC 14; KAC 17 | Fort +1; Ref +2; Will +4 | Init: +1 | Perc: +9, SM: +0 | Speed 25ft | Dancing Lights (at-will); Detect Magic (at-will) | Spells: 1st 1/4; 2nd 3/3 | Active conditions: None.

Nice one, Flint!

"I'm a Knight of Golarion, miss," Belmarniss says at the skittermander's words. "How can I be a 'bad guy,' as you say?"


Male NG Human Priest Solarian 4 | SP 28/28 HP 27/32 | RP 2/5 | EAC 13; KAC 16 | Fort +4; Ref +1; Will +4 | Init: +0 | Perc: +5, SM: +7+1d6 | Speed 25ft | Active conditions: None
Star-Knight Belmarniss Rycast wrote:
Nice one, Flint!

Surrender


NG oread Spacefarer Blitz-Soldier1/Mystic3 l KAC16 EAC14 l 33/33sp 31/31hp l RP2/4 l F +5, R +2, W +7, Ini +5 l Perc. +8 SM +8 l Spd35 l SLA: Energy Ray at-will l Active Conditions: None

"An answer for an answer, hm? I'll even go first: we're here because we have a thing about fascist militias harassing and assaulting their neighbors, and we're here to stop you. Your turn: who's fronting the cost of hiring the Brass Dragons? I doubt it's the Collective on their own."

Ordyt glares steadily at the lashunta-ifrit, frosthammer balanced on his shoulder rather than brandished aggressively--he'd seen Flint and Sammad dazzle would-be enemies before, after all.


Male LN Ifrit Corporate Agent envoy 4 | SP 24/24 HP 26/28 | RP 3/5 | EAC 15; KAC 16; | Fort: 1; Ref: 7; Will: 4; | Init: +3 | Perc +0, SM +6 | Speed: 30 ft. | SLA: overheat 1/day | Active conditions: none

Sammad pipes up just after Flint, taking his weapon in hand, "Stand down, fascists. We're in a bit of a hurry, and we won't abide your nonsense-or your attempts to delay us."

Aid Another (Intimidate): 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (14) + 9 = 23

Exo-Guardians

Female LG drow solar disciple technomancer 4 | SP 22/22 HP 20/25 | RP 1/4 | EAC 14; KAC 17 | Fort +1; Ref +2; Will +4 | Init: +1 | Perc: +9, SM: +0 | Speed 25ft | Dancing Lights (at-will); Detect Magic (at-will) | Spells: 1st 1/4; 2nd 3/3 | Active conditions: None.

Belmarniss watches to see what the Collective's goons do...Flint and Sammad were good at talking, real good, but she expected if they didn't just outright laugh, a fight was about to happen. Her sword was non-lethal, but it'd still hurt.


Female CG Sylph Roboticist Mechanic 4 |SP 20/20 HP 26/26 | RP 4/7 | EAC 16; KAC 17; Elec Res 5 | Fort +3; Ref +6; Will +1 | Init: +3 | Perc: +7, SM: +0 | Speed 30ft | SLA: Flight 1/day | Active conditions: None

Marisol stays quiet, knowing her social graces aren't needed here. She watches the ifrit very, very carefully, ready for the slightest sign of movement of that great big flamethrower. She didn't think he'd be dumb enough to use it indoors, but the last few days had been full of surprises.


Seaweed Leshy Technomancer 1 / Game Master 3 | Maps: (Dead Suns Maps) | (DeadSuns Handouts) | (RotRL Handouts) | (RotRL Maps) | (DoF Handouts) | (DoF Maps)

GM Screen:
1d20 + 8 ⇒ (5) + 8 = 13

The skittermander puts down her weapons, chirping "OK! Surrender time!" before being glared at by the lashunta Collective member. She blinks in confusion at being glared at, looking between the party and the Collective members.

The ifrit grows even angrier at Flint, Ordyt and Sammad's accusations. "YOU assault our militia, break into a checkpoint, and have the GALL to accuse us of such heinous behavior? We're protecting the good citizens of Asanatown from psychopaths like yourselves!" He raises his flamethrower. "Officer Mims! At arms! Defend the station!"

The skittermander pipes in with "OH WOW, Officer Mims didn't realize they were such big criminals! Maybe not time for surrender after all? Give me second to get weapons back..."
---

INIT:
Marisol init: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (13) + 3 = 16
Flint init: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (19) + 0 = 19
Sammad init: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7
Ordyt init: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5
Belmarniss init: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9
---
Yiwin and co: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10
As the three enemies (?) prepare to attack, Marisol and Flint are the quickest to take action.
(Note that the long table provides partial cover)

|||| INIT ||||
Flint (10 dmg)
Marisol (7 dmg)

'Boss' Ifrit
Mims (disarmed)
Lashunta
Belmarniss (1 dmg)
Sammad
Ordyt

Bold are up!


Male NG Human Priest Solarian 4 | SP 28/28 HP 27/32 | RP 2/5 | EAC 13; KAC 16 | Fort +4; Ref +1; Will +4 | Init: +0 | Perc: +5, SM: +7+1d6 | Speed 25ft | Active conditions: None

Flint moves swiftly into the room, sliding behind the distracted enemies, his eyes blazing and his gleaming solar weapon flashing in his hand. "I will stun the lead kidnapper," he announces calmly as he engages the leader, swinging his sword in a flat arc at the enemy.

Solar Weapon on Stun, Photon-Attuned: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13
Stunning Damage: 1d6 + 7 ⇒ (2) + 7 = 9


Female CG Sylph Roboticist Mechanic 4 |SP 20/20 HP 26/26 | RP 4/7 | EAC 16; KAC 17; Elec Res 5 | Fort +3; Ref +6; Will +1 | Init: +3 | Perc: +7, SM: +0 | Speed 30ft | SLA: Flight 1/day | Active conditions: None

Marisol attention is on activating both her exocortex's energy shield projector and its combat tracking software, focusing on the ifrit. She passively notes Flint's movement and strike but takes no visible actions.

6 temporary hp for the next 2 minutes.


Seaweed Leshy Technomancer 1 / Game Master 3 | Maps: (Dead Suns Maps) | (DeadSuns Handouts) | (RotRL Handouts) | (RotRL Maps) | (DoF Handouts) | (DoF Maps)

GM Screen:
1d20 + 8 ⇒ (13) + 8 = 21 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4
1d20 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 13 1d8 ⇒ 7
The ifrit turn his shoulder armor in at Flint's attack, sending the stunning solar sword off target. He grits his teeth, uttering "Kidnapper? How deluded are you?"

The ifrit transfers his flamethrower to one hand and draws stubby weapon handle from his belt. He flicks a switch and a plasma blade extends from it. With a spin, he strikes at Flint. The solarian partially deflects the attack, but still takes a glancing burn to the leg. (Flint takes 4 damage) Meanwhile, the lashunta Collective member backs away from Flint and fires his rifle at almost point-blank range. The bullet punches through Flint's armor and wounds him further. (Dealing 7 piercing dmg)

The skittermander, Mims, scrambles about picking up the gear that she dropped earlier when she surrendered. Once she has the flame doshko back in hand, she flicks the switch and raises the weapon above her head. "OK! Time to put the bad guys in prison where they belong!"

|||| INIT ||||
Belmarniss (1 dmg)
Sammad
Ordyt
Flint (21 dmg)
Marisol (7 dmg, 6 temp HP)

'Boss' Ifrit
Mims (disarmed)
Lashunta

Bold are up!

Exo-Guardians

Female LG drow solar disciple technomancer 4 | SP 22/22 HP 20/25 | RP 1/4 | EAC 14; KAC 17 | Fort +1; Ref +2; Will +4 | Init: +1 | Perc: +9, SM: +0 | Speed 25ft | Dancing Lights (at-will); Detect Magic (at-will) | Spells: 1st 1/4; 2nd 3/3 | Active conditions: None.

Belmarniss follows Flint in and sighs as Mims recovers her weapon.

"I'm sorry, Mims, but you've got it backwards...maybe when you wake up after the fight's over you'll realize the Collective were the bad guys all along."

She strikes at the skittermander with her junksword.

Junksword: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5
Bludgeoning+Slashing Damage (Nonlethal): 1d4 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3


Male NG Human Priest Solarian 4 | SP 28/28 HP 27/32 | RP 2/5 | EAC 13; KAC 16 | Fort +4; Ref +1; Will +4 | Init: +0 | Perc: +5, SM: +7+1d6 | Speed 25ft | Active conditions: None

"I need better armor!" thinks Flint, hoping his companions rush into battle to aid him soon as he takes two more hits while breaking past the enemy's cover. His blood running freely over his armor, Flint starts to look a bit worried...

I'll give the others a chance to go before I post Flint's actions, as they may influence his next move...


NG oread Spacefarer Blitz-Soldier1/Mystic3 l KAC16 EAC14 l 33/33sp 31/31hp l RP2/4 l F +5, R +2, W +7, Ini +5 l Perc. +8 SM +8 l Spd35 l SLA: Energy Ray at-will l Active Conditions: None

GM, if I move to the table opposite Flint, will the flank and cover cancel each other out?

Advancing into the room, Ordyt activates his frosthammer and a fine mist begins to stream from the weapon's head. "Belmarniss is right, Mims. If your goal is to do some good, we're not your enemies."

Attempting a nonlethal attack
Attack vs Mims: 1d20 + 5 - 4 ⇒ (14) + 5 - 4 = 15 Damage: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6


Male NG Human Priest Solarian 4 | SP 28/28 HP 27/32 | RP 2/5 | EAC 13; KAC 16 | Fort +4; Ref +1; Will +4 | Init: +0 | Perc: +5, SM: +7+1d6 | Speed 25ft | Active conditions: None

Even with his eyes glinting with the inner power of the sun, Flint knows he is badly injured and takes a moment to gather himself, weaving his sword back and forth defensively as he pulls a med serum and drinks it, saying firmly, ”We will save the scientists from execution!”

Serum of Healing: 1d8 ⇒ 1

Crappy roll! I wouldn’t say no to an inspiring boost...


Female CG Sylph Roboticist Mechanic 4 |SP 20/20 HP 26/26 | RP 4/7 | EAC 16; KAC 17; Elec Res 5 | Fort +3; Ref +6; Will +1 | Init: +3 | Perc: +7, SM: +0 | Speed 30ft | SLA: Flight 1/day | Active conditions: None

As soon as the ifrit takes his hand off of the flamethrower, Mari quickly steps to the side for a clearer shot and snaps off a shot at him with her rifle.

Hunting Rifle with Combat Tracking: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (16) + 6 = 22
Hunting Rifle Damage (P): 1d8 ⇒ 5

"Hey, clowns! Pay attention to me, I've got the biggest gun!"


Seaweed Leshy Technomancer 1 / Game Master 3 | Maps: (Dead Suns Maps) | (DeadSuns Handouts) | (RotRL Handouts) | (RotRL Maps) | (DoF Handouts) | (DoF Maps)

Botting Sammad:
Sammad steps over so he can see the action and gives Flint an inspiring boost to keep the solarian in the fight. (Restoring 7 SP)

Ordyt: Yep flank and partial cover cancel each other out in this case if you were to move west to flank with Flint.

GM Screen:
1d20 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 4 = 18 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6
1d20 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8
-
1d20 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (18) + 2 + 1 = 21 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8
-
1d20 + 6 - 4 ⇒ (3) + 6 - 4 = 5 1d8 ⇒ 1
1d20 + 6 - 4 ⇒ (1) + 6 - 4 = 3 1d8 ⇒ 3
Mims ducks under Bel's swing, shouting out "Now we KNOW you're bad guys, because bad guys always miss the good guys!" However, Ordyt immediately proves her conclusions suspect by delivering a powerful blow that nearly knocks the little ball of purple fur off her feet.

Marisol's rifle round grazes the ifrit leader, but he has discipline enough to focus on the more immediate threat. He shakes his head with exasperation at Flint "Executing scientists? What are you blabbering about?" before swinging twice with his plasma blade at Flint. Flint manages to dodge one swing, but the second scorches his arm, undoing most of Sammad's efforts to galvanize him. (Dealing 6 damage)

Mims hesitates for a moment between Ordyt and Bel, not at all sure which to try to apprehend first. "Grr, too many bad guys! Get the big rock one first!" She swings in with the butt of her doshko to try to knock Ordyt out. Her swing connects with the oread's side. (Dealing 8 nonlethal dmg)

The unmolested lashunta fires away at Flint in an attempt to protect his leader. But stressed out as he is, he fires wildly and both shots richochet off the conference table.

|||| INIT ||||
Belmarniss (1 dmg)
Sammad
Ordyt (8 dmg)
Flint (6 HPdmg, 13 SPdmg)
Marisol (7 dmg, 6 temp HP)

'Boss' Ifrit (5 dmg)
Mims (6 dmg)
Lashunta

Bold are up!


Male NG Human Priest Solarian 4 | SP 28/28 HP 27/32 | RP 2/5 | EAC 13; KAC 16 | Fort +4; Ref +1; Will +4 | Init: +0 | Perc: +5, SM: +7+1d6 | Speed 25ft | Active conditions: None

Flint pauses a moment, concerned at the response of the Collective thug in front of him--"Could he be telling the truth? Are we being duped by the DCI into freeing criminals?"

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 4 = 15

Willing to spend up to a move action considering this, assuming I have read the rules correctly and the enemies are all within 10' of me but Ordyt is 15' away (2 diagonals). Unless he has some sun-shattering revelation, he will continue as below...

"You leave me no choice," states the battered and bleeding captain as the gleam in his eyes locks in and starts generating light of its own (fully attuned). "Dawnflower guide me," he finishes, his solar sword getting brighter and hotter until it flashes into a miniature sun, enveloping the enemies before him!

Supernova Fire Damage: 3d6 ⇒ (6, 2, 3) = 11 to all creatures within 10', DC 14 Reflex for half damage.


NG oread Spacefarer Blitz-Soldier1/Mystic3 l KAC16 EAC14 l 33/33sp 31/31hp l RP2/4 l F +5, R +2, W +7, Ini +5 l Perc. +8 SM +8 l Spd35 l SLA: Energy Ray at-will l Active Conditions: None

Ordyt grunts as Mims' doshko rams into his side. "Arg, I don't think she's as cute now," he growls between gritted teeth. Reversing his grip on the frosthammer, he slams the weapon's butt into the skittermander's temple. If Flint's flame burst takes her down but not the Green lashunta, I'd like to guarded step over to him and use this role for him, please!

The sudden surge of flame from Flint catches him off-guard. "Mercy's Light, captain..."

Nonlethal vs Mims: 1d20 + 5 - 4 ⇒ (17) + 5 - 4 = 18 Nonlethal Damage: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9


Male LN Ifrit Corporate Agent envoy 4 | SP 24/24 HP 26/28 | RP 3/5 | EAC 15; KAC 16; | Fort: 1; Ref: 7; Will: 4; | Init: +3 | Perc +0, SM +6 | Speed: 30 ft. | SLA: overheat 1/day | Active conditions: none

Sammad's jaw drops as Flint summons a burst of flame, enveloping the Collective grunts. He sighs slightly as he draws his weapon. "And so it comes to this...as usual."

He takes a step into the room and draws a bead on the enemy ifrit. Gritting his teeth, he says calmly, "Mother of Flames, for my ember to burn, this one must be snuffed. Forgive me."

Subzero Hail Pistol: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (9) + 3 = 12

Cold+Piercing: 1d6 ⇒ 3

951 to 1,000 of 2,227 << first < prev | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Cellion's Dawn of Flame AP All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.