GM Cellion's Dawn of Flame AP

Game Master Cellion

Handouts
Maps
Loot Log

INITs:
[dice=Marisol init]d20+3[/dice]
[dice=Flint init]d20+0[/dice]
[dice=Sammad init]d20+2[/dice]
[dice=Ordyt init]d20+4[/dice]
[dice=Belmarniss init]d20+1[/dice]
---
[dice=Enemy]d20+0[/dice]


1,051 to 1,100 of 1,574 << first < prev | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | next > last >>
Exo-Guardians

Female LG drow solar disciple technomancer 2 | SP 12/12 HP 12/15 | RP 2/3 | EAC 14; KAC 17 | Fort +0; Ref +1; Will +3 | Init: +1 | Perc: +7, SM: +0 | Speed 25ft | Dancing Lights (at-will); Detect Magic (at-will) | Spells: 1st 2/2 | Active conditions: None.

"My pleasure, Nib," Belmarniss replies after finishing.

She nods at the resulting conversation.

"I was right, then. Asanatown's just the start for the Collective, the first conquest. Once this bubble's 'secured,' they can use Horizon House as a forward base in Clearlight to try taking over that bubble."


Seaweed Leshy Technomancer 1 / Game Master 3 | Maps: (Dead Suns Maps) | (DeadSuns Handouts) | (RotRL Handouts) | (RotRL Maps) | (DoF Handouts) | (DoF Maps)

To Ordyt's question, Nib makes a disgusted face "Those navel gazing Collective thugs heard we're looking into finding NEW aliens within the sun, and they barge into HQ to try arresting everyone for 'colluding with the enemy'" Nib snorts. "I guess there wasn't enough room to hold all the people they arrested. But maybe there's another reason for taking them to Horizon House. I didn't get a chance to find out."

Taeress shakes her head in disbelief at the whole situation. "Trinipol's got the people whipped up into a frenzy. Really, the people in Asanatown were normal before, if a bit snippy because of the psychic surges from the sun. I can't understand how quickly it became like... this. Arresting people from the DCI for such a trivial reason. And all the insane treatment of people just because they're not lashunta." She balls her fists at her sides.

@Bel: You'd know that Clearlight is a minor bubble that's just a branch off Asanatown. They would definitely have control of the whole bubble of Clearlight.
---

You strip the Collective thugs of their gear (See this post for whats one each of the three collective members), denying them their comms before closing them into the interrogation room. Mims answers Flint's first question with no hesitation "Nope! All except Mims are with the Collective. Everyone else was put on vacation.", though the second part earns a "Hm, Mims is not sure. The Collective police were acting like normal police most of the time, so Mims never even thought that maybe they were not good people."

Seeing that you're asking about the rest of the Station, Nib offers "If you want to check on the other prisoners and parts of the Station, we can wait. After you're done though, I think we need to find a place to hide out. You're interested in helping free the rest of the DCI employees? We can run through some of my thoughts once we're somewhere safe. Good? Great!" She salutes you and immediately turns to Taeress "Hey T, you still own a flat over on the west side, dontcha?"

(You're of course welcome to ask Mims and Nib any more questions for now, but otherwise, let me know where else you want to explore in the Station)


Male NG Human Priest Solarian 2 | SP 5/14 HP 5/18 | RP 0/4 | EAC 11; KAC 12 | Fort +3; Ref +0; Will +3 | Init: +0 | Perc: +4, SM: +4 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None

"Nib, what kind of information were they trying to get from you?" asks Flint, thinking through what they need to do next.

"As I see it, we need to secure the prisoners--including get Veke his medicine. Then we need to take the two Collective guards out front into custody and let people travel freely again through Asanatown," starts Flint, turning to Mims and continuing. "You're going to need to call the real Asanatown police force back off 'vacation' so you can run this police station properly and tend to the prisoners."

Looking around, he asks the others, "What have I missed?"


Male NG Human Priest Solarian 2 | SP 5/14 HP 5/18 | RP 0/4 | EAC 11; KAC 12 | Fort +3; Ref +0; Will +3 | Init: +0 | Perc: +4, SM: +4 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None

As an aside to Mari, Flint asks, ”Can you try and access the inter-bubble communications array from here and let the Radiant Cathedral know what is going on here?”


NG oread Spacefarer Blitz-Soldier1/Mystic1 l KAC15 EAC13 l 0/17sp 15/19hp l RP2/3 l F +4, R +0, W +6, Ini +4 l Perc. +6 SM +6 l Spd35 l SLA: Energy Ray at-will l Active Conditions: None

Ordyt nods his agreement with trying to contact the Radiant Cathedral. "Is there a weapons locker here? We should clear it out before leaving, if only to keep it out of Collective hands. Someone should keep an eye out for those two jokers still outside...Mims, where's the security room? Mari or Bel should delete the cam feeds before we head out."

After we wrap things up here, I say we attempt to contact the Radiant Cathedral and/or other authorities, then rest up at Dr. Taeress' apartment if feasible


Female CG Sylph Roboticist Mechanic 2 | SP 8+6/10 HP 10/14 | RP 3/5 | EAC 14{11}; KAC 15{12} | Fort +2; Ref +6; Will +0 | Init: +3 | Perc: +5, SM: +0 | Speed 30ft | SLA: Flight 1/day | Active conditions: Dex Poison Stiffened

Mari nods to Flint. "I'll do my best. Something's weird about the station's systems, though. A lot of what ought to be in them just...isn't. No memos, no arrest records, no paperwork. On the bright side," she says, holding up the fobs in her hand, "I found these. Looks like I get to drive a police bike after all."


Seaweed Leshy Technomancer 1 / Game Master 3 | Maps: (Dead Suns Maps) | (DeadSuns Handouts) | (RotRL Handouts) | (RotRL Maps) | (DoF Handouts) | (DoF Maps)

Will have a more significant update tomorrow morning. Right now, it looks like you want to search through the rest of the Station for: A) Veke's medicine. B) A long-distance comms connection C) A weapons locker. We'll go for those first and then you guys can work out how to deal with the two remaining guards. If you have a good plan for those, we can hand-wave the combat. They shouldn't pose too much threat :>

Mims points to the door to the south end of the conference room. "That way is security. Mims was there earlier when the alarms started going off that we had people messing with the cameras."


Male NG Human Priest Solarian 2 | SP 5/14 HP 5/18 | RP 0/4 | EAC 11; KAC 12 | Fort +3; Ref +0; Will +3 | Init: +0 | Perc: +4, SM: +4 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None

I think when we are ready, we can send a message to the guards to return to the station, where we will be set up in an ambush with our non-lethal weapons to subdue them. Either have Mims call them in or send some kind of signal that they should come inside--we don't want to shoot at them with civilians so close to them while they are outside.

"Alright, we have our tasks. Let's secure the building and then lure the guards in here so we can subdue them without risking civilians," suggests Flint.


Seaweed Leshy Technomancer 1 / Game Master 3 | Maps: (Dead Suns Maps) | (DeadSuns Handouts) | (RotRL Handouts) | (RotRL Maps) | (DoF Handouts) | (DoF Maps)

@Marisol: You'd probably know that taking the police's stuff would look very bad to the citizens in Asanatown, especially if you drive it out in the open.
@Flint: We'll get to your questions for Nib after you guys finish with the Station.

While Flint and Ordyt engage Nib and Mims with some additional questions, you head through the door to the south. In this large room, a counter divides the space into a reception area to the south with a few benches and an office to the north, with chairs and desks covered in work materials and sentimental decorations. A huge flag bearing the silhouette of a lashunta head in profile atop a yellow sun and a white background has been tacked to the reception area’s eastern wall. It appears to be a new addition. The northern wall in the office bears inset view screens showing footage from the security cameras around the building. You notice a few of the screens are black and read 'no-signal'.

The computers here are unsecured, and Marisol and Bel are able to clear or delete the security camera footage without too much difficulty if they wish. Unfortunately, while this room would normally have access to intra-bubble comms, attempts to access the link all fail, as though the intra-bubble communications are down.

While they're working, Mims leads the rest of you through the eastern doors. This next room is lined with messily trashed bunk beds, couches, and broken open metal storage lockers. It seems that the Collective already came through here to try to loot the place. A clearly labeled door to the south hangs open, revealing a small washroom. You look through the lockers and find a few sets of Asanatown police uniforms that the Collective left behind. Additionally, you find one locker that the Collective weren't able to force open.

Mims pipes up helpfully with "Mmm, Collective people did say they were taking some gear with them back to Clearlight. Looks like they took more than some!"

Engineering DC15; Opening locked locker:
You open the locker to find a single worn police uniform, a basic riot shield, and a hooked metallic band. Marisol or Belmarniss can easily identify it as a basic emotion regulator.
---
Following Flint's plan, Mims relays an urgent request for the two guards manning the gate to return in and report to Lieutenant Yiwin. She has to argue a bit with them because they don't seem to believe her at first. However, both of them do eventually return, where your team are waiting for them. With the flats of your weapons or by bludgeoning with rifle stocks, you're able to swiftly knock the two of them out. You haul them to the interrogation room and add them to the rapidly growing collection of unconscious Collective thugs inside.
---

Finally, you open the door to the western holding cells. The western half of this room is divided into three large holding cells, each with several bunks, a toilet, and walls of close-set bars with transparent material between them. To the north is a small bathroom that has a transparent door, and several small lockers labeled “Evidence” hang open on the eastern wall.

The southern cell and the middle cell are quite full with a wide variety of alien races trapped inside, from humans to androids to half-elves. You don't see any lashunta. The prisoners are covered in visible bruises and minor injuries - evidence of their mistreatment at the hands of the Collective, most likely. When you open the door, the few prisoners that are awake look up in fear and alarm.

The northernmost cell on the other hand holds a single ikeshti prisoner who lounges in the back of his cell.

Perception DC20; Notice something:
You notice that his cell isn't locked.


Male NG Human Priest Solarian 2 | SP 5/14 HP 5/18 | RP 0/4 | EAC 11; KAC 12 | Fort +3; Ref +0; Will +3 | Init: +0 | Perc: +4, SM: +4 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None

Perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12

At Mari's words, Flint frowns slightly, thinking. He says, "That makes sense, Mari, that there are few records. The Collective thugs weren't interested in justice, only power. I sympathize with the desire to zip around on a police bikes, and I am fine if we take the Collective thug's items necessary for our upcoming battle in Clearlight, but we should make sure everything that belongs to the Asanatown police is here for their use."

When they find the plundered evidence lockers, Flint says to the 'police chief', "Mims, it looks like the Collective was pretty thorough in their plundering. Do you think you will be able to call in the real Asanatown police to restore order here now that the Collective thugs are in custody or have moved on to Clearlight?"

For the prisoners in the jail cells, Flint is inclined to let them go assuming they are unjustly imprisoned by the Collective, but that would be rather impulsive. Considering the options, he asks, "Ambassador Sammad, can you work with Mims to figure out which prisoners are truly criminals and which ones were kidnapped by the Collective thugs? Also, do you have any thoughts on how to safely get Veke his medicine?"

In the meantime, Flint is pulling together all the items confiscated from the Collective thugs -- credsticks, weapons, armor, etc., as well as other items they have found that don't belong to the Asanatown police force. He will break off this effort and help the others, though, when they wish to deal with Veke or otherwise ask for his help.

Exo-Guardians

Female LG drow solar disciple technomancer 2 | SP 12/12 HP 12/15 | RP 2/3 | EAC 14; KAC 17 | Fort +0; Ref +1; Will +3 | Init: +1 | Perc: +7, SM: +0 | Speed 25ft | Dancing Lights (at-will); Detect Magic (at-will) | Spells: 1st 2/2 | Active conditions: None.

Belmarniss assists Ordyt and Flint in securing the knocked-out thugs. When they're done, she assist Mari in cleaning out their mess on the computers and unlocking locked containers when they're pointed out.

Computers: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (6) + 7 = 13
Engineering: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (16) + 7 = 23

"Huh! An emotion regulator. A basic one, but it should be helpful should we encounter any espers among the mercenaries or the Collective. As one myself, after a fashion, I likely won't need it personally. Besides, I was going to try and get my hands on a mindlink circlet when we've got more creds and time."

Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (16) + 7 = 23

When they arrive at the cells, she sticks out her arm to prevent Flint from just walking in. Then she points at Veke's cell with her free hand.

"Notice that? His cell's not locked, and everyone else here looks REALLY on edge...his medicine was withheld, but he could leave at any time. Something's up."


Male NG Human Priest Solarian 2 | SP 5/14 HP 5/18 | RP 0/4 | EAC 11; KAC 12 | Fort +3; Ref +0; Will +3 | Init: +0 | Perc: +4, SM: +4 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None

"Whoa, good catch, Belmarniss, thanks. Have we found his medicine yet, or do you think that 'emotion regulator' is the medicine?" responds Flint, grateful for his perceptive crew.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Seaweed Leshy Technomancer 1 / Game Master 3 | Maps: (Dead Suns Maps) | (DeadSuns Handouts) | (RotRL Handouts) | (RotRL Maps) | (DoF Handouts) | (DoF Maps)

Just responding to Flint for now while you decide how to handle Veke.

Mims rubs at her fur, stressed out by Flint's request. "Mims doesn't know where the police are - just what Collective people said..." She makes a worried warbling noise "What if police AREN'T ON VACATION AFTER ALL!? Mims have no way of finding out. No one ever even gave Mims their comms number!"

Suddenly she balls up her many fists in furry determination. "But Mims not going to give up! Mims will find out where everyone went and bring them back to protect public safety once again!"

Exo-Guardians

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Female LG drow solar disciple technomancer 2 | SP 12/12 HP 12/15 | RP 2/3 | EAC 14; KAC 17 | Fort +0; Ref +1; Will +3 | Init: +1 | Perc: +7, SM: +0 | Speed 25ft | Dancing Lights (at-will); Detect Magic (at-will) | Spells: 1st 2/2 | Active conditions: None.

"Good for you, Mims!" Belmarniss replies, offering her a fistbump.


NG oread Spacefarer Blitz-Soldier1/Mystic1 l KAC15 EAC13 l 0/17sp 15/19hp l RP2/3 l F +4, R +0, W +6, Ini +4 l Perc. +6 SM +6 l Spd35 l SLA: Energy Ray at-will l Active Conditions: None

Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (11) + 7 = 18

Ordyt quietly walks the rows of cells, checking whether anyone was in critical condition. Pausing at the ikeshti's cell, he observes the repilian prisoner for a moment. "Everything okay here?" he asks, feeling a little foolish.

Exo-Guardians

Female LG drow solar disciple technomancer 2 | SP 12/12 HP 12/15 | RP 2/3 | EAC 14; KAC 17 | Fort +0; Ref +1; Will +3 | Init: +1 | Perc: +7, SM: +0 | Speed 25ft | Dancing Lights (at-will); Detect Magic (at-will) | Spells: 1st 2/2 | Active conditions: None.
Ordyt wrote:
Ordyt quietly walks the rows of cells, checking whether anyone was in critical condition. Pausing at the ikeshti's cell, he observes the repilian prisoner for a moment. "Everything okay here?" he asks, feeling a little foolish.

"Kind of," Belmarniss reports. "We've found Veke, who needs his medicine, but there's a complication. The Collective has left his cell unlocked which says, to me, that when the Collective said he was 'dangerous,' they were actually COUNTING on it. So we're trying to figure out what our next move is. Giving a person the medicine he's been wrongly deprived of is unquestionably good, but we don't know if the Collective wanted to use him as an attack dog, willingly or otherwise..."


Female CG Sylph Roboticist Mechanic 2 | SP 8+6/10 HP 10/14 | RP 3/5 | EAC 14{11}; KAC 15{12} | Fort +2; Ref +6; Will +0 | Init: +3 | Perc: +5, SM: +0 | Speed 30ft | SLA: Flight 1/day | Active conditions: Dex Poison Stiffened
GM Cellion wrote:
@Marisol: You'd probably know that taking the police's stuff would look very bad to the citizens in Asanatown, especially if you drive it out in the open.

I sure would...that was obviously a nat 1 on my common sense check.

Mari thinks about Flint's words for a moment, then nods in acknowledgement. "That's a good point, I didn't really consider how it would look, either."

Coming up behind Bel, Mari studies the situation. "Is there a way to talk to Veke through the door? We could probably lock it, then explain to him what's going on and that we have his medicine. I don't know how he'd react, but it'd be safer than barging in to his cell and trying to put it on him by force."


Seaweed Leshy Technomancer 1 / Game Master 3 | Maps: (Dead Suns Maps) | (DeadSuns Handouts) | (RotRL Handouts) | (RotRL Maps) | (DoF Handouts) | (DoF Maps)

The people in the southern and middle cells have a broad range of minor injuries, but no one seems to have anything requiring immediate treatment. The Collective members were obviously rough with them, but there's no signs of anything that would be a permanent injury. Asking Mims about which are criminals and which are innocent earns only an uncertain shrug. "Mims thought all were criminals! After all, police from the Collective brought them in. But now that Mims knows that the Collective were the bad guys..." She rubs at her fur with four arms in consternation.

When Ordyt arrives at the ikeshti's cell, he gets a good look inside at the captive... and he realizes suddenly that the ikeshti isn't lounging at all. He's coiling up with his legs underneath him, a pistol ready in one claw. Getting ready to leap!

INIT:
Marisol init: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (13) + 3 = 16
Flint init: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (13) + 0 = 13
Sammad init: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 2 = 14
Ordyt init: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (9) + 4 = 13
Belmarniss init: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3
---
Enemy: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 2 = 12

---
The ikeshti screams out "THEY'RE NOT HELPING! NOT! MY FAULT!" as he starts leaping forward.

|||| SURPRISE ROUND ||||
Ordyt (11 hpdmg)

Veke

|||| INIT ||||
Marisol (7 dmg)
Sammad
Flint (11 hpdmg)
Ordyt (11 hpdmg)
Veke
Belmarniss (6 dmg)

I believe I have the lingering damage correct based on who said they were resting and who weren't. I would VERY MUCH appreciate it if people could keep their stat lines up to date.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Female CG Sylph Roboticist Mechanic 2 | SP 8+6/10 HP 10/14 | RP 3/5 | EAC 14{11}; KAC 15{12} | Fort +2; Ref +6; Will +0 | Init: +3 | Perc: +5, SM: +0 | Speed 30ft | SLA: Flight 1/day | Active conditions: Dex Poison Stiffened

I believe mine is accurate, I didn't rest and the shield has long since expired.

Exo-Guardians

Female LG drow solar disciple technomancer 2 | SP 12/12 HP 12/15 | RP 2/3 | EAC 14; KAC 17 | Fort +0; Ref +1; Will +3 | Init: +1 | Perc: +7, SM: +0 | Speed 25ft | Dancing Lights (at-will); Detect Magic (at-will) | Spells: 1st 2/2 | Active conditions: None.

"S#it!" Belmarniss exclaims as the fight begins unexpectedly!


Seaweed Leshy Technomancer 1 / Game Master 3 | Maps: (Dead Suns Maps) | (DeadSuns Handouts) | (RotRL Handouts) | (RotRL Maps) | (DoF Handouts) | (DoF Maps)

Botting Ordyt:
With only a moment to react, Ordyt readies himself to knock Veke out if the ikeshti rushes out.
Frosthammer; readied nonlethal: 1d20 + 5 - 4 ⇒ (17) + 5 - 4 = 18 Damage (B/C): 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4
---

GM Screen:
A screaming ikeshti springs from the western wall of his cell, throwing himself bodily at Ordyt. He barrels through the unlocked cell door and into Ordyt's face, only to receive the butt of a hammer to his gut. This only slows him down a little as he swings his pistol around wildly. "NO! NO NO! NO! YOU, YOU SHOULD BE DEAD, I SAW YOU DIE!"

Medicine DC15 OR Sense Motive DC20; Noticing something about Veke:
Your medical knowledge or general ability to read behavior key you in to the fact that Veke's current addled state is likely the result of some kind of psychoactive substances. It may be possible, if difficult, to get him to pause or stop with enough calm and care, or by tricking him somehow.

|||| INIT ||||
Marisol (7 dmg)
Sammad
Flint (11 hpdmg)
Ordyt (11 hpdmg)

Veke (4 dmg)
Belmarniss (6 dmg)


Female CG Sylph Roboticist Mechanic 2 | SP 8+6/10 HP 10/14 | RP 3/5 | EAC 14{11}; KAC 15{12} | Fort +2; Ref +6; Will +0 | Init: +3 | Perc: +5, SM: +0 | Speed 30ft | SLA: Flight 1/day | Active conditions: Dex Poison Stiffened

Medicine: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (19) + 9 = 28

Prompted by the sudden shouting, Mari steps into the room and quickly sizes up the ikeshti, coming to an immediate realization. "They've got him all hopped up on something, try to calm him down!"

Despite her entreaties to peace, Mari chooses to be cautious, drawing the arc pistol she found and marking Veke for her exocortex.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
NG oread Spacefarer Blitz-Soldier1/Mystic1 l KAC15 EAC13 l 0/17sp 15/19hp l RP2/3 l F +4, R +0, W +6, Ini +4 l Perc. +6 SM +6 l Spd35 l SLA: Energy Ray at-will l Active Conditions: None

"Calm him down?! Someone gave him a gun!" Ordyt, growls back, though as he watches Veke the oread starts to understand.

"Veke...VEKE," he says forcefully. "You need to, uh, take some deep breaths and...s!*& I don't know, listen to Captain Flint!"

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (15) + 6 = 21
Diplomacy/Cha: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (7) - 1 = 6


4 people marked this as a favorite.
Male NG Human Priest Solarian 2 | SP 5/14 HP 5/18 | RP 0/4 | EAC 11; KAC 12 | Fort +3; Ref +0; Will +3 | Init: +0 | Perc: +4, SM: +4 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None

Flint grabs the emotion regulator he had been asking about and walks up to the distraught prisoner, saying in his most earnest conspiratorial whisper, "That's what they WANT you to think, friend. You've got to put on the necklace to block out the alien brain waves." Flint holds out the device to the Ikeshti casually...

Tin Foil Hat Diplomacy: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (19) + 10 = 29


Male LN Ifrit Corporate Agent envoy 2 | SP 12/12 HP 9/16 | RP 3/4 | EAC 13; KAC 14; | Fort: 1; Ref: 5; Will: 3; | Init: +2 | Perc +0, SM +5 | Speed: 30 ft. | SLA: overheat 1/day | Active conditions: none

Sammad reaches down near his holster, but doesn't draw his pistol-yet. He remains just behind Flint. "The Captain is right, my scaly friend..." He draws his own amulet out from under his robes. "See, I already got mine..."

Aid Another (Diplomacy): 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (8) + 13 = 21

Exo-Guardians

Female LG drow solar disciple technomancer 2 | SP 12/12 HP 12/15 | RP 2/3 | EAC 14; KAC 17 | Fort +0; Ref +1; Will +3 | Init: +1 | Perc: +7, SM: +0 | Speed 25ft | Dancing Lights (at-will); Detect Magic (at-will) | Spells: 1st 2/2 | Active conditions: None.

"They not only withheld his medicine but drugged him to use as an attack dog?! That's even MORE despicable! This poor man..." Belmarniss says. She watches the more diplomatic of the group attempt to reason with Veke and hopefully calm him down.


Seaweed Leshy Technomancer 1 / Game Master 3 | Maps: (Dead Suns Maps) | (DeadSuns Handouts) | (RotRL Handouts) | (RotRL Maps) | (DoF Handouts) | (DoF Maps)

Even though at a surface level he seems completely incoherent, Flint's conspiratorial offer causes him to pause in his attack. He turns wide eyes towards Flint, then dashes over to snatch the emotion regulator out of the solarian's hands.

"H-h-h-how? How does it work? Mmmmm, I don't. They're... dying? It's not my fault!" He looks over at the empty corner of the room, expression aghast.

Out of Combat for Now

Veke turns the device over in his hands like a rosary, seemingly on the verge of another break towards outright aggression. You've bought yourselves time to reason with him, though you suspect if you're not careful he might turn on you once more.

(Indeed, you now have the requisite minute to attempt a diplomacy or intimidate to influence his attitude or convince him of something)


Male NG Human Priest Solarian 2 | SP 5/14 HP 5/18 | RP 0/4 | EAC 11; KAC 12 | Fort +3; Ref +0; Will +3 | Init: +0 | Perc: +4, SM: +4 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None

"I'm going to level with you, Veke. The Collective has either given you drugs or withheld medicine from you, and you are experiencing chem-trauma. This device will help calm your mind, and we can have our medic take a look at you, if that is okay with you," says Flint carefully to the distraught creature.

"Our Ambassador can help you with the device, and our medic can assess your medical condition, if you will allow us," he adds, indicating Sammad and Mari.

Not sure which roll to make here--thinking I might aid Sammad in a Diplomacy check to convince Veke we are here to help, let Mari make a medicine check or something...

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (9) + 10 = 19


Female CG Sylph Roboticist Mechanic 2 | SP 8+6/10 HP 10/14 | RP 3/5 | EAC 14{11}; KAC 15{12} | Fort +2; Ref +6; Will +0 | Init: +3 | Perc: +5, SM: +0 | Speed 30ft | SLA: Flight 1/day | Active conditions: Dex Poison Stiffened

Mari carefully returns the arc pistol to its holster and holds her hands up, trying to look as small and nonthreatening as possible. She glances back and forth from Flint to Sammad, hoping for...something.


Male LN Ifrit Corporate Agent envoy 2 | SP 12/12 HP 9/16 | RP 3/4 | EAC 13; KAC 14; | Fort: 1; Ref: 5; Will: 3; | Init: +2 | Perc +0, SM +5 | Speed: 30 ft. | SLA: overheat 1/day | Active conditions: none

Sammad looks from Flint to Veke. "Once again, the Captain speaks truly. You are not yourself, but we can help you, if you allow us..."

Diplomacy (Aid Another): 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (11) + 13 = 24


Seaweed Leshy Technomancer 1 / Game Master 3 | Maps: (Dead Suns Maps) | (DeadSuns Handouts) | (RotRL Handouts) | (RotRL Maps) | (DoF Handouts) | (DoF Maps)

Phew, DC20, so you juuuust squeaked by.

Veke takes a deep breath, and while he twitches alarmingly a couple of times as you approach, he lets you come up close to him to help him don the emotion regulator and activate it. When you turn the device on, he seems to calm down a little more, though he's definitely still not in a great mental state.

He looks at you all more rationally, though you notice his eyes going to the corner every so often and him mouthing "Not. My. Fault" Talking to the group of you he manages. "W-w-what's happening? I-I don't remember anything except... there was a fiery lashunta who wouldn't stop spitting on me! U-uh-huh. Ma-maybe I d-d-deserve that... because I- I lost- everything went-" His eyes start glazing over as he gets trapped in some kind of traumatic memory.

Combat Successfully Averted!
Feel free to ask whatever Qs you like or attempt your medicine checks.


NG oread Spacefarer Blitz-Soldier1/Mystic1 l KAC15 EAC13 l 0/17sp 15/19hp l RP2/3 l F +4, R +0, W +6, Ini +4 l Perc. +6 SM +6 l Spd35 l SLA: Energy Ray at-will l Active Conditions: None

Visibly relieved, Ordyt takes a few slow, careful steps back from Veke and puts his frosthammer away.

"Hope he gets the care he needs," he whispers to the others. "Let's see about getting in touch with the Sarenites and then finding a place to lay low."


4 people marked this as a favorite.
Male NG Human Priest Solarian 2 | SP 5/14 HP 5/18 | RP 0/4 | EAC 11; KAC 12 | Fort +3; Ref +0; Will +3 | Init: +0 | Perc: +4, SM: +4 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None

Flint sighs in relief as they are able to deescalate the situation. ”Nicely done, everyone,” he remarks.

”Mims, you say these are all people rounded up and jailed by the collective?” asks Flint, looking at the battered people in the cells. ”Let’s get them out of here and return whatever possessions of theirs still in the evidence lockers after the Collective thugs looted them.”

While Mari helps Veke, Flint mentions to Sammad, ”We are going to want to release these people out the front door, then open the gates outside so the people of Asanatown can travel freely through the city. As our ambassador, do you think you might have a moving speech to the assembled crowd and freed prisoners that might weaken the racist hold the Collective has on the hearts and minds of the citizens?”

Turning to Belmarniss, he adds, ”We will want to get a livestream of this out to Asanatown if possible.” Smiling he says, ”Do you think you can make our Ambassador look good? Maybe get a statement from Taeress as well?”


Male NG Human Priest Solarian 2 | SP 5/14 HP 5/18 | RP 0/4 | EAC 11; KAC 12 | Fort +3; Ref +0; Will +3 | Init: +0 | Perc: +4, SM: +4 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None

As an aside to Mims, Flint adds a few more thoughts, ”If we do end up broadcasting to Asanatown, Mims, you might be able to put out a call for the loyal Asanatown militia policemen to return to work as part of that broadcast.”

Thinking for another moment once the cells are unoccupied, he adds, ”Ordyt and I will be happy to help you move the Collective thugs from the interrogation room to the holding cells, if you think that would make it easier for you to deal with them.”

Exo-Guardians

Female LG drow solar disciple technomancer 2 | SP 12/12 HP 12/15 | RP 2/3 | EAC 14; KAC 17 | Fort +0; Ref +1; Will +3 | Init: +1 | Perc: +7, SM: +0 | Speed 25ft | Dancing Lights (at-will); Detect Magic (at-will) | Spells: 1st 2/2 | Active conditions: None.

As the others manage to calm Veke down, Belmarniss approaches and, somewhat awkwardly, kneels down and offers him a hug.

"It's okay, Veke. It's going to be okay."

After this, when Flint begins making his plan for a spectacle, Belmarniss stands up straightaway and salutes him.

"What kind of star-knight would I be if I didn't know how to put on an inspiring show?" she replies. "My only regret is that we won't be able to see the look on Trinipol's face when he gets the broadcast!"


Male LN Ifrit Corporate Agent envoy 2 | SP 12/12 HP 9/16 | RP 3/4 | EAC 13; KAC 14; | Fort: 1; Ref: 5; Will: 3; | Init: +2 | Perc +0, SM +5 | Speed: 30 ft. | SLA: overheat 1/day | Active conditions: none
Captain Flint Conners wrote:

While Mari helps Veke, Flint mentions to Sammad, ”We are going to want to release these people out the front door, then open the gates outside so the people of Asanatown can travel freely through the city. As our ambassador, do you think you might have a moving speech to the assembled crowd and freed prisoners that might weaken the racist hold the Collective has on the hearts and minds of the citizens?”

Turning to Belmarniss, he adds, ”We will want to get a livestream of this out to Asanatown if possible.” Smiling he says, ”Do you think you can make our Ambassador look good? Maybe get a statement from Taeress as well?”

Sammad cracks a small grin, adjusting his robes slightly. "I think I can manage something, Captain. Just say when."

He then turns to Bel, giving her a friendly wink. "Of course Bel will make me look good...what kind of friend would she be if she didn't?"


Male NG Human Priest Solarian 2 | SP 5/14 HP 5/18 | RP 0/4 | EAC 11; KAC 12 | Fort +3; Ref +0; Will +3 | Init: +0 | Perc: +4, SM: +4 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None

Flint will wait until they all have dealt with their various tasks (and others have a chance to take additional actions/ask Veke questions/etc). Once it is all set up, he will open the front door dramatically and invite Sammad lead the prisoners to freedom!

Diplomacy Aid: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (20) + 10 = 30

(Okay, so maybe I wasted a nat 20, but the crowd is prepped and ready to sing your praises, Sammad!)


Female CG Sylph Roboticist Mechanic 2 | SP 8+6/10 HP 10/14 | RP 3/5 | EAC 14{11}; KAC 15{12} | Fort +2; Ref +6; Will +0 | Init: +3 | Perc: +5, SM: +0 | Speed 30ft | SLA: Flight 1/day | Active conditions: Dex Poison Stiffened

Marisol approaches Veke slowly and carefully, speaking softly. "Hey big guy, my name's Mari. Is it okay if I check you over, make sure you're not hurt?"

Medicine to give him a quick once over: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (19) + 9 = 28

To the others, she smiles but resists the urge to quip, not wanting to disturb the ikeshti by yelling over her shoulder.

Exo-Guardians

Female LG drow solar disciple technomancer 2 | SP 12/12 HP 12/15 | RP 2/3 | EAC 14; KAC 17 | Fort +0; Ref +1; Will +3 | Init: +1 | Perc: +7, SM: +0 | Speed 25ft | Dancing Lights (at-will); Detect Magic (at-will) | Spells: 1st 2/2 | Active conditions: None.

Should I make a Computers or Engineering check to set up the broadcast?


Seaweed Leshy Technomancer 1 / Game Master 3 | Maps: (Dead Suns Maps) | (DeadSuns Handouts) | (RotRL Handouts) | (RotRL Maps) | (DoF Handouts) | (DoF Maps)

Mims nods vigorously at Flint's suggestion. "Mims will help! All of these people will be sent home with any dangerous contraband was confiscated by the Collective police!" She pauses "Mims mean, given back their belongings!" She rolls over to the evidence lockers and starts pulling out assorted bits and pieces of clothing, backpacks, and even a walking stick. It doesn't take her long to distribute the meager belongings to the imprisoned people and unlock their cages.

Veke leans into Bels hug and starts weeping openly, muttering something largely incoherent about dying broods and a black sickness. Whatever his real or imagined concerns are, they seem to be rooted in something deep in his past. When Marisol checks Veke over, she can tell his only external injury is a slight bruise them when Ordyt struck him recently. His mental ailment is not something she's able to diagnose from a quick check up. But it does seem to be some kind of deep seated trauma.
----

At Flint's bold statements, many of the prisoners look to the solarian in confusion and disbelief. You catch whispers of surprise that anyone would dare challenge the Collective, and even more concern at the audacity of that opposition. Yet Flint's words bring smiles to more than one face. The group gladly pulls together - supporting the more injured folk - and follows you out to the front door out of the police station.

Outside, a few of the people who had originally been arguing to be let through the Checkpoint are still milling about - dissatisfied that the Collective members had disappeared after denying them transit approval. They look confused when a wave of random folks starts exiting the Station.

Bel, you can attempt a Computers check for this broadcast. I'll treat it as an aid another for whatever Sammad might be brewing. Flint, feel free to say your part as well in this illegal livestream :> We've gotta get something juicy to match your 30! result.

Exo-Guardians

Female LG drow solar disciple technomancer 2 | SP 12/12 HP 12/15 | RP 2/3 | EAC 14; KAC 17 | Fort +0; Ref +1; Will +3 | Init: +1 | Perc: +7, SM: +0 | Speed 25ft | Dancing Lights (at-will); Detect Magic (at-will) | Spells: 1st 2/2 | Active conditions: None.

Belmarniss hooks up her hacking kit and miniaturized computer to begin making the preparations.

Computers: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (17) + 7 = 24

After bypassing the Collective's security protocols and connecting to the broadcast signal, she gives Flint and Sammad the thumbs-up.


5 people marked this as a favorite.
Male NG Human Priest Solarian 2 | SP 5/14 HP 5/18 | RP 0/4 | EAC 11; KAC 12 | Fort +3; Ref +0; Will +3 | Init: +0 | Perc: +4, SM: +4 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None

Flint stands at the main door of the police station, poised to open it and free the unjustly imprisoned Asanatown citizens. Sammad is next to him, preparing to lead the people to their freedom once the doors are open. Flint speaks to them, first quietly, then ending in a full-throated roar before opening the door!

"Good citizens of Asanatown, the psychic surge from the sun has been a watershed event for our people. The scientists of the DCI have critical data and seek to understand its origins, but the thugs of the Collective have used it as an excuse to divide us, to seize power, to inflame racism, and to imprison the very scientists trying to help us!" starts out Flint, indicating Taeress and Nib as he speaks.

"But we pledge to right this wrong, by Saranrae's grace, and re-unite the people of Asanatown. For that we need your help. You were all wrongly imprisoned by the Collective in their thirst for power. When you leave here, go to your homes and help rebuild Asanatown in the spirit of unity. Send your brothers and sisters who are members of the true Asanatown militia to Chief Mims here, so he can re-establish a fair and inclusive police force," Flint continues as he indicates Mims.

"But first, we need to go out there and show the rest of the city that we are not cowed by the Collective criminals, we will not stand by and be separated from each other like herd animals. I am taking this 'flag' of the Collective and putting on the fence they erected to divide our city, Ambassador Sammad is going to give an amazing speech for you and those waiting outside, then we are going to burn down that flag and tear down that fence to symbolize our rejection of the Collective and our unity as one city!" he implores passionately, indicating the flag in one hand, the flame thrower in the other, and nodding towards the Ambassador.

Flint concludes with a fiery passion, "If you are with me, repeat after me as I open the doors....'Asanatown for All,", 'Asanatown for All,', 'Asanatown for All, ASANATOWN FOR ALL!"


Male NG Human Priest Solarian 2 | SP 5/14 HP 5/18 | RP 0/4 | EAC 11; KAC 12 | Fort +3; Ref +0; Will +3 | Init: +0 | Perc: +4, SM: +4 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None

Sammad, you’re up. Flint stands ready to ignite the Collective flag with the flamethrower we found whenever it works for you in your speech.


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Male LN Ifrit Corporate Agent envoy 2 | SP 12/12 HP 9/16 | RP 3/4 | EAC 13; KAC 14; | Fort: 1; Ref: 5; Will: 3; | Init: +2 | Perc +0, SM +5 | Speed: 30 ft. | SLA: overheat 1/day | Active conditions: none

Sammad blinks once as Flint finishes his speech, then clears his throat. "Captain, if I needed convincing, that would've convinced even me. Here's hoping I can live up to that introduction..."

Sammad steps through the door as Flint opens it, arms outstretched and bearing his friendliest smile, then calls out to the crowd. "Good people of Asanatown, we have opened this checkpoint for your use. The Collective has been chased away from this place; they never belonged here, and so they were removed.

I am, admittedly, an outsider to this place, as are most of my comrades, but we have seen the struggle and mayhem the Collective has left in its wake. Make no mistake, they are usurpers, preying on a frightened and desperate citizenry...They peddle hatred and bigotry, but they only have what power they are afforded..."

He turns slightly to Flint, pointing to the flamethrower and giving a nod. He then turns back to the crowd, raising his hands. "So take their power away! Show them that Asanatown is for all! Asanatown is for all! ASANATOWN IS FOR ALL!!"


Male NG Human Priest Solarian 2 | SP 5/14 HP 5/18 | RP 0/4 | EAC 11; KAC 12 | Fort +3; Ref +0; Will +3 | Init: +0 | Perc: +4, SM: +4 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None

Right on cue, Flint triggers the flamethrower and lights up the Collective banner, the flames consuming it forming the perfect background for the livestream of the final phase of Ambassador Sammad's inspiring speech.


NG oread Spacefarer Blitz-Soldier1/Mystic1 l KAC15 EAC13 l 0/17sp 15/19hp l RP2/3 l F +4, R +0, W +6, Ini +4 l Perc. +6 SM +6 l Spd35 l SLA: Energy Ray at-will l Active Conditions: None

Ordyt catches himself watching Flint and Sammad with his mouth agape, and self-consciously shuts his mouth with an audible click of teeth.

"Well if we didn't have the Collective's attention already, we sure do now!" he remarks to Bel and Mari with a grin.


Seaweed Leshy Technomancer 1 / Game Master 3 | Maps: (Dead Suns Maps) | (DeadSuns Handouts) | (RotRL Handouts) | (RotRL Maps) | (DoF Handouts) | (DoF Maps)

GM Screen:
1d20 + 12 ⇒ (1) + 12 = 13
1d20 + 12 ⇒ (18) + 12 = 30
-
1d20 + 15 ⇒ (12) + 15 = 27

From the police station computers, Bel is able to access the Asanatown-side emergency channel - the same channel that Zeylan Trinipol was broadcasting on when you arrived in Asanatown. She turns the security cameras to get a good view of both Flint and Sammad. (Nice, that's definitely a success.)

Sammad Diplomacy: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (6) + 13 = 19

Sammad and Flint's calls to action light a fire in the already rather ticked-off crowd in front of the police station. Many chant along with Flint, calling for "ASANATOWN FOR ALL! ASANATOWN FOR ALL!" Others focus more on the gate, letting out a cheer for the doors swinging open. Quite a few of the less engaged individuals immediately make their way through, keeping their heads down and shielding their faces from the view of the cameras. Others keep up the chant.

The citizens you rescued from the station join in in the background, though even among their number, some immediately make themselves scarce as self-preservation kicks in.

The crowd's attitude wilts slightly when the Collective flag is hoisted to be burned. Despite everything the Collective has done to many people, the citizens are not in a frenzy to see their symbol in ashes. Just as you're moving to burn the flag, Bel notices that her connection is cut without warning.

Though you don't have access to a video feed yourselves, you hear a voice ringing out across the Asanatown bubble from the public emergency speakers. A voice that unmistakably belongs to Zeylan Trinipol.

"Good citizens of Asanatown! Please do not be alarmed by what you've just witnessed. Our town guard has already mobilized to find and apprehend the terrorists that dared to spout such vile lies across the town's emergency channel." He pauses "And we will punish them to the fullest extent of the law! Anyone abetting these violent outsiders will be treated the same." He pauses to let the words sink in. "Good citizens, we need your cooperation in these trying times. If you see ANY of these terrorists, please keep your distance and contact your nearest Collective representative. We will protect you. We will keep Asanatown safe. Together!"
---

As Zeylan's message rings out, a wave of panic runs through the crowd you've gathered. Locals exchange alarmed glances. Others check their comms and datapads. One suddenly starts running away. And before you know it, almost the whole group is fleeing - as if for their lives.

You're left with a burning flag, a panicked skittermander novice policewoman, a pair of scientists out of their depth, and likely minutes before the Collective converges on this location.


Male NG Human Priest Solarian 2 | SP 5/14 HP 5/18 | RP 0/4 | EAC 11; KAC 12 | Fort +3; Ref +0; Will +3 | Init: +0 | Perc: +4, SM: +4 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: None

Flint looks to Sammad for his assessment, quickly saying, ”What do you think?” and assessing the situation himself...

Sense Motive to notice if Trinipol is bluffing: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9
Sense Motive to tell if the people will send policemen as he asked or hide in fear: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10


Male LN Ifrit Corporate Agent envoy 2 | SP 12/12 HP 9/16 | RP 3/4 | EAC 13; KAC 14; | Fort: 1; Ref: 5; Will: 3; | Init: +2 | Perc +0, SM +5 | Speed: 30 ft. | SLA: overheat 1/day | Active conditions: none

I..sure did forget to roll Diplomacy with that speech, huh. Thanks for the cover, GM

Sammad's grin deflates as he watches the crowd scatter upon hearing Trinipol's voice. "I think...we're in trouble."

He calls out to the disappearing crowd, his voice a touch frantic. "Wait, please! We need not fear them if we stand united! Stand with us, and take back your home!"

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (5) + 13 = 18

Expertise (Diplomacy): 1d6 ⇒ 5


Female CG Sylph Roboticist Mechanic 2 | SP 8+6/10 HP 10/14 | RP 3/5 | EAC 14{11}; KAC 15{12} | Fort +2; Ref +6; Will +0 | Init: +3 | Perc: +5, SM: +0 | Speed 30ft | SLA: Flight 1/day | Active conditions: Dex Poison Stiffened

Mari watches the crowd begin dispersing, before turning to the others. "Great speech! Now we need to get the hell out of here!" She takes a step back into the station, stops, thinks for a second, and turns back again. "If they're all converging here, other spots are going to end up short-handed while they search. Remember what I said about the comms arrays? The big one at the Church, and the maybe-an-urban-legend array at Horizon House?"

1,051 to 1,100 of 1,574 << first < prev | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Cellion's Dawn of Flame AP All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.