Gameday VIII - PFS #9-09 Beyond the Halflight Path - GM Hawthwile (Inactive)

Game Master Hawthwile

Map


451 to 495 of 495 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

Female NG Half-Orc (Air Elemantal) Druid 7 | HP: 55/55 (1 Wis) | AC: 23 (15 Tch, 21 Fl) | CMB: +7, CMD: 23 | F: +8, R: +6, W: +11 (+1 vs enchantment, +4 vs fey, plants) | Init: +5 | P: 12, SM: 3 | | Speed 60ft fly (perfect)| Wildshapes: 1/2 | Spells: 1st 3/5, 2nd 0/4, 3rd 2/3, 4th 1/1 | Active conditions: barkskin./

Lis delays, unless someone calls for help.


Dragon's Demand | Hell's Vengeance

Red Fortitude vs DC 17: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (7) + 14 = 21
Red Will vs DC 13: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (7) + 7 = 14

Scream if you like - your end comes for you, as it does for all mortals. The qlippoth's horrifying voice crawls in the Pathfinders' minds as the elemental tries to squash a tentacle with no effect.

Giving Dolph a bit more time to post before botting. Hope you feel better soon!

Round 6! Bold may act!
Dolph (-6)
Victor

Kronug (-6)
Bird (-56 (-12), Unconscious, Bleeding out)
Elemental
Orst (Bless Weapon)
Xilt
Lis (-6, Delaying)
Robyyn (-6)
Red (-10, 5 ft above ground, Glittery)

Environmental Effects:
- Ceiling in crystal chamber is 20 ft high
- Pit is 30 ft deep, requires Reflex save (DC 18) if ending turn adjacent to it
- Green fog is acidic, difficult terrain, and obscures sight.
- Large dead creatures are difficult terrain

What do you do?

The Exchange

Male AC 17 T 11 FF 16 | Current HP 51/57 | F +11 R +9 W +6 (+2 more vs spells, SLA, poison)) | Init +1 | Perc +12(+14 unusual stonework)

Dolph and Victor continue their retreat. Dolphs does a full withdraw. He should be able to avoid AoOs by just taking a bit more circuitous route Once he’s clear, he takes a moment to shift his animal focus. Shifting to snake for +2 to hit with AoOs and +2 dodge to AC vs AoOs

AoO if needed:

Attack with +1 adamantine dorn-dergar (snake focus, power attack): 1d20 + 10 + 2 - 2 ⇒ (15) + 10 + 2 - 2 = 25
Damage (lead blades, pa): 2d8 + 7 + 6 ⇒ (4, 6) + 7 + 6 = 23

The Exchange

Male Half-Orc Wizard (Exploiter) 7
Timer:
None
| HP 50/50 Tmp 15 Convert 5 Lethal| AC 16 T 12 FF 16| CMB +4 CMD 14 | F +10 R +9 W +11| INIT +11| PER +13/+15 (Traps/Secret Doors) Darkvision 60' SM+5|30'|Heroism, D. Poison, Ablative Barrier, H.Awareness, False Life,Mage Armor, Bl. Boil. Pill
Resources:
Slush Fund 0/50 gold , Arcane Reservoir 6/6, Pearl of Power 1st 5/6, Rods (lesser): Intensify 3/3, Extend 2/3 | Spells 1st 5/6 2nd 5/5 3rd 2/3 4th 2/2

Did the Elemental miss? It is only a few points of damage after DR but it might count in the end.


Dragon's Demand | Hell's Vengeance
GM Hawthwile wrote:
Scream if you like - your end comes for you, as it does for all mortals. The qlippoth's horrifying voice crawls in the Pathfinders' minds as the elemental tries to squash a tentacle with no effect.

Unfortunately, it was a miss - especially since the qlippoth is not touching the ground.

Red Bite, PA, Higher Ground vs Elemental AC 17: 1d20 + 15 - 3 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 15 - 3 + 1 = 18
Bite damage, PA, Acid damage: 1d6 + 3 + 6 + 1d4 ⇒ (6) + 3 + 6 + (3) = 18

Amusing - you think you can escape your fate with these snacks you toss like disposable trinkets? Or are you the disposable ones? The nyogoth's voice is like rancid oil even as its many mouths feasts on the broken stones of Kronug's elemental ally. Like a horrific squid, it wriggles through the air towards the Pathfinders. Dolph lashes out as it passes, and the qlippoth - clearly not expecting an attack at such a distance - hisses in pain as the dorn-dergar flattens a tentacle. Dolph is dismayed to notice that the creature's writhing flesh seems to absorb some of the mighty blow.

Round 7! Bold may act!
Dolph (-6)
Victor
Kronug
(-6)
Bird (-56 (-12), Unconscious, Bleeding out)
Orst (Bless Weapon)
Xilt
Lis
(-6, Delaying)
Robyyn (-6)
Red (-23, 5 ft above ground, Glittery)

Environmental Effects:
- Ceiling in crystal chamber is 20 ft high
- Pit is 30 ft deep, requires Reflex save (DC 18) if ending turn adjacent to it
- Green fog is acidic, difficult terrain, and obscures sight.
- Large dead creatures are difficult terrain

What do you do?

The Exchange

Male Half-Orc Wizard (Exploiter) 7
Timer:
None
| HP 50/50 Tmp 15 Convert 5 Lethal| AC 16 T 12 FF 16| CMB +4 CMD 14 | F +10 R +9 W +11| INIT +11| PER +13/+15 (Traps/Secret Doors) Darkvision 60' SM+5|30'|Heroism, D. Poison, Ablative Barrier, H.Awareness, False Life,Mage Armor, Bl. Boil. Pill
Resources:
Slush Fund 0/50 gold , Arcane Reservoir 6/6, Pearl of Power 1st 5/6, Rods (lesser): Intensify 3/3, Extend 2/3 | Spells 1st 5/6 2nd 5/5 3rd 2/3 4th 2/2

Xilt makes a run (double move) for it. He knows that Kronug will not be happy with him due to the explosive effects of the Dweomersink but Xilt is fearful of damaging the retreating paladin or perhaps killing the old witch in their retreat.

He grins guiltily as he passes the man.

"Sorry. So Sorry."

Trying to coordinate a retreat here where no one else is effected by the Dweomersink feels like meta-gaming in the heat of battle. If you disagree you can sequence Kronug to move out first but one way or another Xilt is running out of that room. ;)


Snake Familiar (Figment/Sage)
Current skills:
Linguistics(Common)+1, KS(Religion)+15,KS (Arcana) +9, KS (Dungeoneering,Local, History, Nature, Planes) +7, KS(Engineering, Geography, Nobility) +3.
| HP 11/11 | AC 18 T 15 FF 15| CMB +4 CMD 11| F +1 R +5 W +6| PER +9/+17 Low Light Vision Scent SM+1| Speed 20' Climb 20' +15 Swim 20' +11 Stealth +19|Active Conditions Skilled-KS:Religion. Message

Sammy senses his master returning and he doubles back fifteen feet. He then climbs back into Xilt's backpack.

Silver Crusade

Male|Paladin 6|hp 58/58|AC:25 T:12 FF:24|CMB+10,CMD21|Fort+9, Ref+7,Will+9|Init:+1, Perc:+0 Human Paladin 6

@Robyyn, if you will go ahead and act but most importantly move (at least 5' step) away somewhere in his turn, I think I can then decide my action. It might be time to summon the monsters III. Or try the glitter dusting again.

I think we are caught, the dwarf and Orst will never get away from this thing. It might be time to fight. Any other Ideas?

"Well, you are a persistent pest..."

Delaying for Robyyn, willing to listen to ideas.

The Exchange

Male Half-Orc Wizard (Exploiter) 7
Timer:
None
| HP 50/50 Tmp 15 Convert 5 Lethal| AC 16 T 12 FF 16| CMB +4 CMD 14 | F +10 R +9 W +11| INIT +11| PER +13/+15 (Traps/Secret Doors) Darkvision 60' SM+5|30'|Heroism, D. Poison, Ablative Barrier, H.Awareness, False Life,Mage Armor, Bl. Boil. Pill
Resources:
Slush Fund 0/50 gold , Arcane Reservoir 6/6, Pearl of Power 1st 5/6, Rods (lesser): Intensify 3/3, Extend 2/3 | Spells 1st 5/6 2nd 5/5 3rd 2/3 4th 2/2

As long as you the three of you attack and keep moving and deny the nyogoth a full attack action it will be three attacks to his one. He will get an attack of opportunity but then again so will Dolph with his greater reach. He has DR but the three of you combined have a larger hit point pool. That is my advice for what it is worth. Do not fight him toe to toe or you will die one by one.

The Exchange

Male AC 17 T 11 FF 16 | Current HP 51/57 | F +11 R +9 W +6 (+2 more vs spells, SLA, poison)) | Init +1 | Perc +12(+14 unusual stonework)

I'm good with standing and fighting. I still have a fair amount of resources left

Dolph takes a few steps away, then calls upon Erastil's blessing, his height shooting up to a massive size, his dorn-dergar (the weapon of his ancestors!) now the size of a proper wrecking-ball. He brings a mighty swing down on top of the monstrosity.

Attack with +1 Adamantine Dorn-Dergar (power attack): 1d20 + 10 - 2 ⇒ (20) + 10 - 2 = 28
Damage (lead blades, power attack): 3d8 + 7 + 6 ⇒ (7, 6, 7) + 7 + 6 = 33
Crit Confirm: 1d20 + 10 - 2 ⇒ (18) + 10 - 2 = 26
Crit Damage: 3d8 + 7 + 6 ⇒ (6, 7, 2) + 7 + 6 = 28

AoO (if needed):

Attack with +1 Adamantine Dorn-Dergar (snake stance, power attack): 1d20 + 10 + 2 - 2 ⇒ (4) + 10 + 2 - 2 = 14
Damage (lead blades, power attack): 3d8 + 7 + 6 ⇒ (3, 7, 1) + 7 + 6 = 24


AC 22 T 13 FF 19| Current HP 33/33 (DR 5/evil, Resist Acid Cold Electricity 10) | F +6 R +8 (evasion) W +4 (+4 more vs enchant)| SR 11| Init +3 | Perc +6 (scent, darkvision, low light vision)

If any of y'all have any AC buffs, Victor could use em. Between his DR and acid resist, he's in a good position to tank this thing

Victor follows his master's lead and jabs his horns at the qlippoth.

Gore (power attack): 1d20 + 9 - 2 ⇒ (16) + 9 - 2 = 23
Damage (pa): 1d4 + 6 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 + 6 = 14


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Female NG Half-Orc (Air Elemantal) Druid 7 | HP: 55/55 (1 Wis) | AC: 23 (15 Tch, 21 Fl) | CMB: +7, CMD: 23 | F: +8, R: +6, W: +11 (+1 vs enchantment, +4 vs fey, plants) | Init: +5 | P: 12, SM: 3 | | Speed 60ft fly (perfect)| Wildshapes: 1/2 | Spells: 1st 3/5, 2nd 0/4, 3rd 2/3, 4th 1/1 | Active conditions: barkskin./

Hearing her allies planning to fight, Lisianthus flies back.

"Great work, Dolph!"


Dragon's Demand | Hell's Vengeance

@Xilt I'm fine with you delaying until Kronug has a chance to move to avoid potential splash damage. Block initiative gets weird sometimes - that sort of initiative juggling would work fine in a F2F game, so we'll use it here too.

Dolph puts some distance between himself and the qlippoth before unleashing another mighty wallop that flattens the nyogoth like a loathsome spider. It pulls itself back together, but several tentacles hang limply at its side with acid slowly dripping off onto Dewberry's body below. Victor tries to follow Dolph's example, but the qlippoth's hide is too tough for his horns to penetrate.

Round 7! Bold may act!
Dolph (-6)
Victor
Kronug (-6)
Bird (-56 (-12), Unconscious, Bleeding out)
Orst (Bless Weapon)
Xilt (Waiting for Kronug to move)
Lis (-6, Standard action left)
Robyyn (-6)
Red (-74, 5 ft above ground, Glittery)

Environmental Effects:
- Ceiling in crystal chamber is 20 ft high
- Pit is 30 ft deep, requires Reflex save (DC 18) if ending turn adjacent to it
- Green fog is acidic, difficult terrain, and obscures sight
- Large creatures treat crystals as difficult terrain
- Large dead creatures are difficult terrain

What do you do?

Silver Crusade

Male|Paladin 6|hp 58/58|AC:25 T:12 FF:24|CMB+10,CMD21|Fort+9, Ref+7,Will+9|Init:+1, Perc:+0 Human Paladin 6

Orst seeing the dwarf's mighty blow makes his decision. "It ends here, one way or the other." He pulls out his potion of bull strength and then casts his spell. "Protect us 'Just One' from this lawless thing." protection from chaos on himself.
+2 to AC


Female NG Half-Orc (Air Elemantal) Druid 7 | HP: 55/55 (1 Wis) | AC: 23 (15 Tch, 21 Fl) | CMB: +7, CMD: 23 | F: +8, R: +6, W: +11 (+1 vs enchantment, +4 vs fey, plants) | Init: +5 | P: 12, SM: 3 | | Speed 60ft fly (perfect)| Wildshapes: 1/2 | Spells: 1st 3/5, 2nd 0/4, 3rd 2/3, 4th 1/1 | Active conditions: barkskin./

Lisianthus flies further into the room.

Dark Archive

HP 63/63| AC 18, T 10, FF 18, CMD 11 | F+10, R+4, W+13 | Init +0 (+2 during surprise) | Perception +33 Occultist 6
Resources:
L2 Spells (4/4) | L1 Spells (2/5) |A (3/4) C (0/5) D (6/6)

Kronug steps out of the trap, and uses his aura sight power to read the Quippy.

Aura Sight

bird bleed?: 1d20 + 2 - 11 ⇒ (16) + 2 - 11 = 7


Dragon's Demand | Hell's Vengeance

Botting Robyyn.

Robyyn steps away from the qlippoth and unfurls the scroll found earlier...

Caster Level check vs DC 6: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (17) + 4 = 21

He controls the magics inside, bending them to his will as he begins the summoning ritual. Kronug and Xilt pass each other next to the dweomersink, the occultist's eyes glowing while uncontrolled magic crackles around the wizard...

Dispel check vs Xilt Message DC 17: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (5) + 8 = 13
Dispel check vs Xilt Ablative Barrier DC 17: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (11) + 8 = 19
Dispel check vs Xilt Mage Armor DC 12: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (6) + 8 = 14

Damage: 2d6 ⇒ (5, 5) = 10
Xilt Reflex vs DC 15: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (1) + 7 = 8

...stripping him of his protections in a split-second burst that leaves the half-orc reeling for a moment before pressing onward and re-uniting with his familiar.

Kronug:
The chaotic energy rolling off the qlippoth is almost painful to look at, but very easily observe its strong evil and chaotic auras.

Look at all these bodies just lying here. What a waste. So much death you've caused, and you're not even partaking in the spoils. The nyogoth bites at Victor with its many mouths...

Red Bite, PA, Higher Ground vs Victor AC 22: 1d20 + 15 - 3 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 15 - 3 + 1 = 21
Bite damage, PA: 1d6 + 3 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 3 + 6 = 13

Red Bite, PA, Higher Ground vs Victor AC 22: 1d20 + 15 - 3 + 1 ⇒ (18) + 15 - 3 + 1 = 31
Bite damage, PA: 1d6 + 3 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 3 + 6 = 12

Red Bite, PA, Higher Ground vs Victor AC 22: 1d20 + 15 - 3 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 15 - 3 + 1 = 14
Bite damage, PA: 1d6 + 3 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 3 + 6 = 14

Red Bite, PA, Higher Ground vs Victor AC 22: 1d20 + 15 - 3 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 15 - 3 + 1 = 20
Bite damage, PA: 1d6 + 3 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 3 + 6 = 10

Red Bite, PA, Higher Ground vs Victor AC 22: 1d20 + 15 - 3 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 15 - 3 + 1 = 17
Bite damage, PA: 2d6 + 3 + 6 ⇒ (6, 4) + 3 + 6 = 19

...but only manages to land one bite on the goat's haunches. Victor bleats in pain, shrugging off the acid, but not the qlippoth's teeth. (Qlippoth overcomes DR evil.) The nyogoth follows Robyyn, who tries to finish his spellcasting defensively...

Robyyn Concentration vs DC 21: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (17) + 11 = 28

...and manages to continue reading the scroll with one eye while keeping the other on the qlippoth's many mouths.

Sorry, Robyyn should have made the concentration check when he started casting, but I didn't want to re-type everything because of how dice rolls would have changed. And with two animal companions down, I have no problems giving the party the benefit of the dice here.

@Robyyn - finishing the casting will take your standard action next round.

Round 8! Bold may act!
Dolph (-6)
Victor (-12)
Kronug (-6)
Bird (-57 (-13), Unconscious, Bleeding out)
Orst (Bless Weapon)
Xilt (-10)
Lis (-6)
Robyyn (-6, Casting)
Red (-74, 5 ft above ground, Glittery)

Environmental Effects:
- Ceiling in crystal chamber is 20 ft high
- Pit is 30 ft deep, requires Reflex save (DC 18) if ending turn adjacent to it
- Green fog is acidic, difficult terrain, and obscures sight
- Large creatures treat crystals as difficult terrain
- Large dead creatures are difficult terrain

What do you do?

Silver Crusade

Male|Paladin 6|hp 58/58|AC:25 T:12 FF:24|CMB+10,CMD21|Fort+9, Ref+7,Will+9|Init:+1, Perc:+0 Human Paladin 6

Orst will drink the potion of bull strength and then assuming the step vacated by Robyyn is good he steps up into it.

The space left by robin looks like crystal. if he can, Orst will move there. Else he will step up to the right of the mighty goat and no further.

"Must be nice to hit that growth spurt right when you needed it, Dolph. I wish that was in my bag of tricks."

I want robyyn to finish the spell, then Orst can attack and make things messy.

The Exchange

Male Half-Orc Wizard (Exploiter) 7
Timer:
None
| HP 50/50 Tmp 15 Convert 5 Lethal| AC 16 T 12 FF 16| CMB +4 CMD 14 | F +10 R +9 W +11| INIT +11| PER +13/+15 (Traps/Secret Doors) Darkvision 60' SM+5|30'|Heroism, D. Poison, Ablative Barrier, H.Awareness, False Life,Mage Armor, Bl. Boil. Pill
Resources:
Slush Fund 0/50 gold , Arcane Reservoir 6/6, Pearl of Power 1st 5/6, Rods (lesser): Intensify 3/3, Extend 2/3 | Spells 1st 5/6 2nd 5/5 3rd 2/3 4th 2/2

Xilt hears the sounds of battle turning for the party at Dolph's thunderous blow yet he continues his approach to the exit. With no effective offensive spells remaining Xilt knows he cannot contribute to the fight ahead.

At this point Xilt is fairly certain that the party will be victorious as he stops near the entrance to the caves.

The pit is gone and reality is readjusting by bring Pirate_Pet and the animal remains back to ground level over this round.

The Exchange

Male AC 17 T 11 FF 16 | Current HP 51/57 | F +11 R +9 W +6 (+2 more vs spells, SLA, poison)) | Init +1 | Perc +12(+14 unusual stonework)

”VICTOR, SURROUND THE POACHER.” Victor obliges, circling around the monster to set up a flank with his master. It will sadly provoke, but setting up outflank is priority

Dolph maintains his enlarged size, waiting for Victor to get in position before striking once more. One round left after this of swift enlarge

Attack with +1 Adamantine Dorn Dergar (outflank, power attack): 1d20 + 10 + 4 - 2 ⇒ (14) + 10 + 4 - 2 = 26
Damage (lead blades, power attack, enlarge): 3d8 + 8 + 6 ⇒ (6, 7, 1) + 8 + 6 = 28

Victor then follows his master’s lead and throws in an attack of his own.

Gore (outflank, power attack): 1d20 + 9 + 4 - 2 ⇒ (7) + 9 + 4 - 2 = 18
Damage (power attack): 1d4 + 6 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 + 6 = 15

Scarab Sages

Male N Sylph Witch 4 | HP: 26/26 | AC: 16 12 (12 Tch, 14 10 Fl) | CMD: 13 (11 Fl) | F: +4 +3, R: +5 +4, W: +7 +6 | Init: +8 | Perc: +8, SM +1 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: cloak of resistance +2, mage armor

Robyyn holds the writhing telepathic voice in his mind at bay as he focuses on the speaking the words scribed on the parchment in his hands. Fixing his mind on the chaotic nature of the beast they oppose, he calls out to the beast's opposite, drawing an archon from heaven to aid them.

He then moves up behind Kronus, waiting his turn to rush through the dweomersink.

Standard: finish casting summon monster III
Move: 20'


Lantern Archon

The archon, shining with the glory of Heaven, appears and immediately begins firing rays of light at the qlippoth.

Full round: full attack

Light ray, ranged touch: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (10) + 3 = 13
Damage, bypasses all DR: 1d6 ⇒ 1

Light ray, ranged touch: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (9) + 3 = 12
Damage, bypasses all DR: 1d6 ⇒ 4

Dark Archive

HP 63/63| AC 18, T 10, FF 18, CMD 11 | F+10, R+4, W+13 | Init +0 (+2 during surprise) | Perception +33 Occultist 6
Resources:
L2 Spells (4/4) | L1 Spells (2/5) |A (3/4) C (0/5) D (6/6)

Kronug shouts "It radiates strong aura of evil and chaos!"

Before concentrating for a moment on a defensive shield and moving up to heal the goat.

Swift action: Mind Marrier, prevent the next 12 damage dealt to me before the start of my next turn.

CLW: 1d8 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8


Female NG Half-Orc (Air Elemantal) Druid 7 | HP: 55/55 (1 Wis) | AC: 23 (15 Tch, 21 Fl) | CMB: +7, CMD: 23 | F: +8, R: +6, W: +11 (+1 vs enchantment, +4 vs fey, plants) | Init: +5 | P: 12, SM: 3 | | Speed 60ft fly (perfect)| Wildshapes: 1/2 | Spells: 1st 3/5, 2nd 0/4, 3rd 2/3, 4th 1/1 | Active conditions: barkskin./

Lisianthus moves into a flanking position with Orst.

slam, flanking: 1d20 + 10 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 10 + 2 = 18
ouch!: 1d4 + 14 ⇒ (3) + 14 = 17


Dragon's Demand | Hell's Vengeance

Orst wipes his mouth and watches in amazement as a dwarf the size of an ogre straddles a dead troll to soundly wallop a creature from beyond the realm of nightmares. A few pieces of glitter fall to the ground, shaken lose by the blow, but the qlippoth still hangs in the air and dodges both Victor's horns, the archon's rays, and Lis's windy fists.

AoO, PA, Higher Ground vs Victor AC 22: 1d20 + 15 - 3 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 15 - 3 + 1 = 18
Bite damage, PA: 2d6 + 3 + 6 ⇒ (3, 1) + 3 + 6 = 13

AoO, PA, Higher Ground vs Robyyn AC 16: 1d20 + 15 - 3 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 15 - 3 + 1 = 24
Bite damage, PA, Acid damage: 2d6 + 3 + 6 + 1d4 ⇒ (5, 5) + 3 + 6 + (2) = 21

Dolph dodges the creature's loathsome mouths, but as Robyyn flees the area the nyogoth takes advantage of his distraction to take a bite out of the old man's shoulder. Robyyn falls to the ground, his scream of pain mixing with the qlippoth's hideous laughter.

Look how he flees. The coward thinks it will keep him safe. The nyogoth laughs again, a noise like claws on a chalkboard in the Pathfinders' minds as it attacks with a whirlwind of mouths...

Who: 1d4 ⇒ 1

Red Bite, PA, Higher Ground vs Orst AC 27: 1d20 + 15 - 3 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 15 - 3 + 1 = 28
Bite damage, PA, Acid damge: 1d6 + 3 + 6 + 1d4 ⇒ (4) + 3 + 6 + (2) = 15

Red Bite, PA, Higher Ground vs Orst AC 27: 1d20 + 15 - 3 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 15 - 3 + 1 = 16
Bite damage, PA, Acid damge: 1d6 + 3 + 6 + 1d4 ⇒ (4) + 3 + 6 + (4) = 17

Red Bite, PA, Higher Ground vs Orst AC 27: 1d20 + 15 - 3 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 15 - 3 + 1 = 16
Bite damage, PA, Acid damge: 1d6 + 3 + 6 + 1d4 ⇒ (5) + 3 + 6 + (3) = 17

Red Bite, PA, Higher Ground vs Orst AC 27: 1d20 + 15 - 3 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 15 - 3 + 1 = 29
Bite damage, PA, Acid damge: 1d6 + 3 + 6 + 1d4 ⇒ (5) + 3 + 6 + (1) = 15

Red Bite, PA, Higher Ground vs Orst AC 27: 1d20 + 15 - 3 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 15 - 3 + 1 = 24
Bite damage, PA, Acid damge: 2d6 + 3 + 6 + 1d4 ⇒ (4, 2) + 3 + 6 + (3) = 18

The first tentacle catches Orst by surprise, but the paladin reflects the second and third with his shield. A fourth draws jagged teeth across his face, but the holy light of the Inheritor keeps its biggest mouth from drawing blood as teeth snap shut on air. Caustic ooze drips down several limp limbs from holes made by the bird's beak, sizzling as they strike the stone floor.

Round 9! Bold may act!
Dolph (-6)
Victor (-4)
Kronug (-6)
Bird (-57 (-13), Unconscious, Bleeding out)
Orst (-30, Bless Weapon, Bull's Strength)
Xilt (-10)
Lis (-6, 10 ft high)
Robyyn (-27 (-1), Unconscious, Bleeding out)
Red (-92, 5 ft above ground, Glittery)

Environmental Effects:
- Ceiling in crystal chamber is 20 ft high
- Pit is 30 ft deep, requires Reflex save (DC 18) if ending turn adjacent to it
- Green fog is acidic, difficult terrain, and obscures sight
- Large creatures treat crystals as difficult terrain
- Large dead creatures are difficult terrain

What do you do?

The Exchange

Male AC 17 T 11 FF 16 | Current HP 51/57 | F +11 R +9 W +6 (+2 more vs spells, SLA, poison)) | Init +1 | Perc +12(+14 unusual stonework)

I’m sad to have to mention this, but Victor has SR 11, so Kronug will have to make an SR check to heal him

Dolph continues his attacks upon the surrounded qlippoth. Last round of swift enlarge

Attack with +1 Adamantine Dorn Dergar (outflank, power attack): 1d20 + 10 + 4 - 2 ⇒ (16) + 10 + 4 - 2 = 28
Damage (lead blades, enlarge, power attack): 3d8 + 7 + 6 ⇒ (2, 6, 4) + 7 + 6 = 25


AC 22 T 13 FF 19| Current HP 33/33 (DR 5/evil, Resist Acid Cold Electricity 10) | F +6 R +8 (evasion) W +4 (+4 more vs enchant)| SR 11| Init +3 | Perc +6 (scent, darkvision, low light vision)

Even though he’s injured, Victor sees his master’s powerful attacks and pushes on, emboldened that they might finally finish this monster.

Gore (outflank, power attack): 1d20 + 9 + 4 - 2 ⇒ (16) + 9 + 4 - 2 = 27
Damage (pa): 1d4 + 6 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 + 6 = 14

Dark Archive

1 person marked this as a favorite.
HP 63/63| AC 18, T 10, FF 18, CMD 11 | F+10, R+4, W+13 | Init +0 (+2 during surprise) | Perception +33 Occultist 6
Resources:
L2 Spells (4/4) | L1 Spells (2/5) |A (3/4) C (0/5) D (6/6)

I think SR does not apply to healing from CLW.

Spell Resistance yes (harmless); see text

An undead creature can apply spell resistance, and can attempt a Will save to take half damage. So I think only undead creatures apply SR. In case I'm wrong...

SR: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 14

Silver Crusade

Male|Paladin 6|hp 58/58|AC:25 T:12 FF:24|CMB+10,CMD21|Fort+9, Ref+7,Will+9|Init:+1, Perc:+0 Human Paladin 6

Orst mumbles a quick prayer and touches his chest healing some of the bite wounds.
lay of hands #4: 3d6 ⇒ (1, 6, 3) = 10

He then tales mighty swings at the thing.
sword with pa: 1d20 + 13 - 2 ⇒ (20) + 13 - 2 = 31
dmg with pa: 1d10 + 10 ⇒ (7) + 10 = 17

his second swing:
sword with pa: 1d20 + 8 - 2 ⇒ (17) + 8 - 2 = 23
dmg with pa: 1d10 + 10 ⇒ (8) + 10 = 18

"Die your vile thing! Back to the Abyss with you!"

Crit confirm:
crit?: 1d20 + 13 - 2 ⇒ (15) + 13 - 2 = 26
extra crit damage: 1d10 + 10 ⇒ (1) + 10 = 11

Dark Archive

HP 63/63| AC 18, T 10, FF 18, CMD 11 | F+10, R+4, W+13 | Init +0 (+2 during surprise) | Perception +33 Occultist 6
Resources:
L2 Spells (4/4) | L1 Spells (2/5) |A (3/4) C (0/5) D (6/6)

bird bleed out?: 1d20 - 13 + 2 ⇒ (7) - 13 + 2 = -4

I'll get my turn up later today

Dark Archive

HP 63/63| AC 18, T 10, FF 18, CMD 11 | F+10, R+4, W+13 | Init +0 (+2 during surprise) | Perception +33 Occultist 6
Resources:
L2 Spells (4/4) | L1 Spells (2/5) |A (3/4) C (0/5) D (6/6)

Kronug does his best to cast a moderate cure on Orst before stepping back.

concentration DC 19: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (10) + 9 = 19

CMW: 2d8 + 6 ⇒ (7, 1) + 6 = 14


Female NG Half-Orc (Air Elemantal) Druid 7 | HP: 55/55 (1 Wis) | AC: 23 (15 Tch, 21 Fl) | CMB: +7, CMD: 23 | F: +8, R: +6, W: +11 (+1 vs enchantment, +4 vs fey, plants) | Init: +5 | P: 12, SM: 3 | | Speed 60ft fly (perfect)| Wildshapes: 1/2 | Spells: 1st 3/5, 2nd 0/4, 3rd 2/3, 4th 1/1 | Active conditions: barkskin./

Lisianthus tries to slam the creature.

slam, flanking: 1d20 + 10 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 10 + 2 = 27
ouch!: 1d4 + 14 ⇒ (2) + 14 = 16


Dragon's Demand | Hell's Vengeance

Dolph throws his dorn-dergar once more, the heavy metal ball at the end crashing into the qlippoth. Horns at the ready, Victor jabs at the poacher outsider as it recoils from the dwarf's attack. His sharp horns cut through the creature's unnatural skin and more acidic fluid sprays out from the holes, smoking as it lands on Lis, Orst, Victor, Kronug, and the unconscious form of Robyyn.

Acid damage: 1d6 ⇒ 3

Robyyn (-4/12)

Orst pushes through the pain and raises his glowing sword high. The Inheritor surely did guide his hand, it says in the Chronicles, and the mighty paladin cleaved the creature of indiscriminate evil incarnate in twain with a single blow. An eruption of digestive juices coat everyone nearby again, even more than from Victor's horns.

Acid damage: 2d6 ⇒ (1, 6) = 7

Robyyn (-11/12)

Given that Robyyn is one hp away from death, I'm redirecting Kronug's spell.

His mental barrier having protected him from the acid, Kronug looks below him to see his companion Robyyn on death's door. Thinking quickly, the occultist reaches down with a glowing hand to mend some of the witch's wounds. With a gasp, Robyyn opens his eyes.

With bless weapon active, Orst automatically confirms critical hits. Which is good - otherwise the qlippoth would still be (barely) up even after Lis's attack. But it also meant more acid spray to poor Robyyn.

Out of combat! Damage report:
Dolph (-6)
Victor (-4)
Kronug (-6)
Bird
Orst (-30)
Xilt (-10)
Lis (-16)
Robyyn (-23)

Wrap-up to come later - got to go to work. But you did it - you beat the boss of the dungeon! Awesome job everyone!

What do you do?

The Exchange

Male Half-Orc Wizard (Exploiter) 7
Timer:
None
| HP 50/50 Tmp 15 Convert 5 Lethal| AC 16 T 12 FF 16| CMB +4 CMD 14 | F +10 R +9 W +11| INIT +11| PER +13/+15 (Traps/Secret Doors) Darkvision 60' SM+5|30'|Heroism, D. Poison, Ablative Barrier, H.Awareness, False Life,Mage Armor, Bl. Boil. Pill
Resources:
Slush Fund 0/50 gold , Arcane Reservoir 6/6, Pearl of Power 1st 5/6, Rods (lesser): Intensify 3/3, Extend 2/3 | Spells 1st 5/6 2nd 5/5 3rd 2/3 4th 2/2

Once again Sammy passes well before Xilt through the Dweomersink to reunite with the rest of the party.

"Well done. It would seem that bravery and honor takes the day here. Dolph's performance was exceptional."

The mage pauses for a moment his gaze resting on Robyyn perhaps a bit too long.

"Although I would council that you do not press your luck in the future as the will of the fates are fickle and the gods are not always looking out for your welfare."

The wizard sighs.

"I guess back to the business at hand. I suggest that we search the beast's lair and return back to report what we have found."

Scarab Sages

Male N Sylph Witch 4 | HP: 26/26 | AC: 16 12 (12 Tch, 14 10 Fl) | CMD: 13 (11 Fl) | F: +4 +3, R: +5 +4, W: +7 +6 | Init: +8 | Perc: +8, SM +1 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: cloak of resistance +2, mage armor

Robyyn's eyes pop open. Having come back from death's door, the witch lifts his head from the crystalline ground and looks around. Giving a faint nod to the shadowy form of Kronug standing over him, he breathes deeply and lets his head fall to the ground as he closes his eyes, his chest rising and falling lightly as he collects himself.

Eventually, Robyyn stands. He retrieves a wand, and applies it to himself several times--waiting a minute each time--before stowing it again.

2x infernal healing for 20 hp over the next 2 minutes

"The Decemvirate were ill-advised to send me on this particular quest... my skills can be... significant... but these challenges were clearly beyond my abilities. But, yes. Let's complete this quest and be gone from this place."

If it's both immune to mind-affecting, and not undead, Robyyn's got pretty much nothing! I'm open to advice; this is a new archetype after a rebuild and it clearly needs some work.

Grand Lodge

Female NG Half-Orc Druid 7 | HP: 38/55 (1 Wis) | AC: 22 (13 Tch, 20 Fl) | CMB: +10, CMD: 23 | F: +8, R: +5, W: +11 (+1 vs enchantment, +4 vs fey, plants) | Init: +4 | P: 12, SM: 3 | | Speed 20ft | Wildshapes: 2/2 | Spells: 1st 3/5, 2nd 1/4, 3rd 1/3, 4th 0/1 | Active conditions: none./

Lisianthus looks at the creature solemnly, then at Dewberry's lifeless body.

"At least we did it. We avenged her. And protected all the people this thing was going to hurt."

The Exchange

Male Half-Orc Wizard (Exploiter) 7
Timer:
None
| HP 50/50 Tmp 15 Convert 5 Lethal| AC 16 T 12 FF 16| CMB +4 CMD 14 | F +10 R +9 W +11| INIT +11| PER +13/+15 (Traps/Secret Doors) Darkvision 60' SM+5|30'|Heroism, D. Poison, Ablative Barrier, H.Awareness, False Life,Mage Armor, Bl. Boil. Pill
Resources:
Slush Fund 0/50 gold , Arcane Reservoir 6/6, Pearl of Power 1st 5/6, Rods (lesser): Intensify 3/3, Extend 2/3 | Spells 1st 5/6 2nd 5/5 3rd 2/3 4th 2/2

@Robyyn - Misfortune & Cackle combination will solve your build problem. It is a soft shutdown that is always effective and does not trigger GMs or even other players like the Slumber hex. I would advise caution in the future in terms of being close to the front line. As I said before in the discussion thread arcanists do not belong there. This goes doubly for witches as they do not have the plethora of defensive spells that wizards have.

Scarab Sages

Male N Sylph Witch 4 | HP: 26/26 | AC: 16 12 (12 Tch, 14 10 Fl) | CMD: 13 (11 Fl) | F: +4 +3, R: +5 +4, W: +7 +6 | Init: +8 | Perc: +8, SM +1 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: cloak of resistance +2, mage armor

Yeah, he had both before the rebuild, but the rebuild cost him 2 hexes. Flight is essential to the RP of his build (sylph). Perhaps keeping Misfortune instead of Evil Eye would have been the better choice, but without Cackle to keep it up it seemed weak.

The Exchange

Male Half-Orc Wizard (Exploiter) 7
Timer:
None
| HP 50/50 Tmp 15 Convert 5 Lethal| AC 16 T 12 FF 16| CMB +4 CMD 14 | F +10 R +9 W +11| INIT +11| PER +13/+15 (Traps/Secret Doors) Darkvision 60' SM+5|30'|Heroism, D. Poison, Ablative Barrier, H.Awareness, False Life,Mage Armor, Bl. Boil. Pill
Resources:
Slush Fund 0/50 gold , Arcane Reservoir 6/6, Pearl of Power 1st 5/6, Rods (lesser): Intensify 3/3, Extend 2/3 | Spells 1st 5/6 2nd 5/5 3rd 2/3 4th 2/2

Wait until you hit 5th level and retrain Evil Eye to Misfortune and pick up extra hex-Cackle. Then you are set.

Dark Archive

HP 63/63| AC 18, T 10, FF 18, CMD 11 | F+10, R+4, W+13 | Init +0 (+2 during surprise) | Perception +33 Occultist 6
Resources:
L2 Spells (4/4) | L1 Spells (2/5) |A (3/4) C (0/5) D (6/6)

Kronug as a holyman of Erastil will collect Dewberry and his bird and look to Lis for what rites she wants performed

The Exchange

Male AC 17 T 11 FF 16 | Current HP 51/57 | F +11 R +9 W +6 (+2 more vs spells, SLA, poison)) | Init +1 | Perc +12(+14 unusual stonework)

As a fellow follower of Erastil, Dolph will assist.


Dragon's Demand | Hell's Vengeance

"A fine one to speak of bravery and honor - wouldn't you agree, Captain?"

The Pathfinders turn as a new voice interjects. From the darkness, Talbren and two other Duskwardens emerge with bows in hand. The captain nods as she looks over the wounded adventurers. "Indeed. Much has been said about the Pathfinders and their prowess in battle," she replies at last, nodding at the corpse still oozing smoking fluids. "Much less about their eagerness to abandon their companions." She raises a hand before anyone can reply. "Nonetheless, I am relieved to see you safe. Finish your business - we will prepare this one for the return journey." She kneels down next to Dewberry's corpse and starts making a sort of stretcher from splints and rolls of canvas.

---------------------------------------

As Kronug kneels down next to the body of his vulture companion, he tries to ignore the scattered remains of what look to have once been humanoid hands and faces. Amid the bloody and torn robes, his keen eyes find several symbols of twisted black metal that he recognizes as unholy symbols of the demon lord Orcus. He also finds a long iron rod and a ring of strange stone among the bodies that he identifies as a rod of extend and a ring of qlippoth summoning affinity.

With their work complete, the Pathfinders carefully gather up the remains of Dewberry and the bird and follow the Duskwardens back up the Halflight Path to the city of Kaer Maga.

---------------------------------------

"Welcome back," Horus says graciously as the Pathfinders enter the Last Rites again. His servant stands nearby holding a tray of wineglasses filled with dark red liquid. "Were you able to discover the source of the disturbances?"

What do you do?

The Exchange

Male Half-Orc Wizard (Exploiter) 7
Timer:
None
| HP 50/50 Tmp 15 Convert 5 Lethal| AC 16 T 12 FF 16| CMB +4 CMD 14 | F +10 R +9 W +11| INIT +11| PER +13/+15 (Traps/Secret Doors) Darkvision 60' SM+5|30'|Heroism, D. Poison, Ablative Barrier, H.Awareness, False Life,Mage Armor, Bl. Boil. Pill
Resources:
Slush Fund 0/50 gold , Arcane Reservoir 6/6, Pearl of Power 1st 5/6, Rods (lesser): Intensify 3/3, Extend 2/3 | Spells 1st 5/6 2nd 5/5 3rd 2/3 4th 2/2

Xilt thinks for a moment before speaking. He looks to the others to see if they have anything to add.

"We followed the path that the Soothsayer suggested down the half-flight path. We killed many monsters including two qlippoth . We did find unholy symbols of Orcus and remains of priests presumably of this demon lord devoured by this Nyogoth."

"We also found a ring enabling the summoning of these foul creatures. It is possible that these cultists did summon the Nyogoth and lost control of it. Evil feeding on evil. It is the most likely explanation."

Scarab Sages

Male N Sylph Witch 4 | HP: 26/26 | AC: 16 12 (12 Tch, 14 10 Fl) | CMD: 13 (11 Fl) | F: +4 +3, R: +5 +4, W: +7 +6 | Init: +8 | Perc: +8, SM +1 | Speed 30ft | Active conditions: cloak of resistance +2, mage armor

"That, ahhh... that seems to be the best explanation." Robyyn says, having nothing to add.


Dragon's Demand | Hell's Vengeance

“A qlippoth, you say?" Horus raises an eyebrow. "Those creatures are opposed to everything that moves, living or unliving. Thank you for getting to the bottom of this mess and destroying that creature before it could pose a threat to my citizens.”

He pauses to take a sip from his glass, then continues. "“It seems the Pathfinders do indeed live up to their reputation. I look forward to working with you and your organization in the future, and I will send my regards to your venture-captain.”

And that's it, folks! Well done!

451 to 495 of 495 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Gameday VIII - PFS #9-09 Beyond the Halflight Path - GM Hawthwile All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.