[PFS2 / GameDay8 / GMGlyn] 1-02 The Mosquito Witch (Inactive)

Game Master GHembree

Map and Handouts


101 to 150 of 165 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | next > last >>
Vigilant Seal

Male Goblin | HP 7/15(18) | 1 Hero Point | auto-check vs. traps (+1 vs. traps) Perc’ +5 (Darkvision) ; Stealth +6 ; Speed 25 ft. | AC 16 (17 vs. traps) | (+1 vs. traps) Fort’ +3 ; Ref' +8 ; Will +5 | Active conditions: Trap Finder DRAINED 3

Milord starts tracking, before looking up to see Mic'al is there and not Devin... "What the..."

Then, upon seeing the man with mosquitoes coming out of his mouth: "WHAT THE..."

And out of his EYES: "WHAT THE...!"

Milord tries to see what might help--
Medicine, trained: 1d20 + 1 + 2 + 0 ⇒ (11) + 1 + 2 + 0 = 14

Grand Archive

CG Male Elf Monk 2 | HP 30/30 | AC 16 (20) | F +8, R +6, W +7 | Perc +5 |

Hamarel seems less fazed by the grisly sight. Having seen many strange (though not similar) things in his long years, he bends over to silently help.

Medicine: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7
I'll use my extra hero point to reroll.
Medicine: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12

Vigilant Seal

Wizard (transmuter) 1 - HP 16/16, AC 14 - Perception +3 - F: +5/ R: +4 / W: +5 - Speed: 25 - Hero Points: 1/1, Active Conditions: None

"Uggh," says Imiriax, but soon follows it with frank fascination. "Disgusting, but very curious."

Medicine (Assurance): 10 + 4 = 14

Grand Lodge

Shocked by the state of the man in white, Milord tries his best to help the poor soul.

Hamarel less fazed by the sight attempts to treat the man as well.

Imiriax disgusted, but curious uses his tried and true medicine in an attempt to save the man.

The man’s eyes flutter open as he looks about wildly, coughing up more foul water he focuses on your group in a moment of clarity, ”Eyes! Terrifying red eyes in the dark! A copse of trees trees inscribed with runes! I ran south through the woods following the streams.” He is interrupted by a long bout of coughing before succumbing to the disease and dying.

While he was obviously delirious in his illness, you think you could follow his directions without much difficult to see what scared him.

Vigilant Seal

Male Goblin | HP 7/15(18) | 1 Hero Point | auto-check vs. traps (+1 vs. traps) Perc’ +5 (Darkvision) ; Stealth +6 ; Speed 25 ft. | AC 16 (17 vs. traps) | (+1 vs. traps) Fort’ +3 ; Ref' +8 ; Will +5 | Active conditions: Trap Finder DRAINED 3

"Oh no... he... he is DEAD!"

Milord is quite flustered, and will look around, wondering what to do with the body.

At the same time, Milord tries to think of how to reverse the man's path: go north following streams, to the trees...

Vigilant Seal

Wizard (transmuter) 1 - HP 16/16, AC 14 - Perception +3 - F: +5/ R: +4 / W: +5 - Speed: 25 - Hero Points: 1/1, Active Conditions: None

"He is indeed, deceased," agrees Imiriax. "Poor soul. We need to find this 'mosquito witch' and put an end to this."

He follows Milord.

Grand Lodge

Frustrated by being unable to save the man, Milord thinks about backtracking the man's path.

Imiriax nods in agreement and reconfirms that they must put an end to this mosquito witch. He leads the group back along the man’s path to face what frightened him.

Heading north through the woods the group eventually finds the copse of trees inscribed with creepy runes.

DC15 Occultism or Scribing Lore are a DC20 Society check:
you realize that these symbols aren’t actually occult runes or a real language, just scribbles intended to look frighting.

Looking around you spot pieces of discarded gear and scraps torn from a red dress. The gear includes a short sword, dagger, a lesser antidote, an inky black potion labeled invisibility and a suit of gold-plated half -plate armor.

DC13 Survival trained check to track:
You find old, pointed tracks in the ground and scraps of cloth in nearby branches that suggest the half-elf was dragged off and up into a tree, but there isn’t a body in the tree. What’s more, while the tracks resemble those that would be left by the Mosquito Witch’s pointy feet, a creature of its reported size would be unlikely to take such close footsteps. The pointy tracks lead off. You can attempt to follow the trail with a another Survival check

Grand Archive

M Human Fighter 2 | HP31/32 | AC 18 / 20 | F +8, R +7, W +4 | Perception +6| [dice=Axe]1d20+10[/dice] [dice=Dmg (S)]1d8+4[/dice]

Society: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (17) + 4 = 21

Survival to track: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (12) + 3 = 15

"The aren't real runes. Just some scribble made to look scary. And the tracks aren't really from the Mosquito Witch (or at least something its size). This is likely a snow job, intended to throw us off the scent," says Bron.

"Somebody grab the antidote and potion. We'll use it to kill whatever t!+* did this."

Vigilant Seal

Male Goblin | HP 7/15(18) | 1 Hero Point | auto-check vs. traps (+1 vs. traps) Perc’ +5 (Darkvision) ; Stealth +6 ; Speed 25 ft. | AC 16 (17 vs. traps) | (+1 vs. traps) Fort’ +3 ; Ref' +8 ; Will +5 | Active conditions: Trap Finder DRAINED 3

"The gold armor..."

Milord looks around, to see if he can see where the fake mosquito tracks lead from here.
Survival, trained: 1d20 + 1 + 2 + 0 ⇒ (11) + 1 + 2 + 0 = 14

Grand Archive

CG Male Elf Monk 2 | HP 30/30 | AC 16 (20) | F +8, R +6, W +7 | Perc +5 |

Occultism: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10

Survival: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (14) + 5 = 19

"You would be hard-pressed to kill such a thing with glass," Hamarel says, coming out of one of his many reveries. He tries following the tracks beyond the tree.

Survival: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6

Grand Lodge

Bron realizes the runes are just scary scribble and that the tracks are not those of the Mosquito Witch. He’s ready to find who’s responsible and make them pay!

Milord looks at the gold-plated armor as he locates the trail

Hamarel comments about killing a thing with glass as he looks for the trail unsuccessfully, but Milord is already following.

(GM note: 3 treasure bundles on the ground.)

As your group follows the trail of pointy little feet into the woods you eventually hear the distressing noise of a dog howling. Coming around a corner in the path you spot Peaches the dog that was with Haru in town. Unfortunately, the dog has been cornered and is being tormented by a cluster of bloodseekers.

(See map)

init:

bloodseekers: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8
Milord: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13
Hamarel: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 5 = 20
Bron: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (9) + 5 = 14
Imiriax: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7
Mic’al: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (12) + 5 = 17

Status: Bold my Act

Hamarel
Mic’al
Bron
Milord

Imiriax
Bloodseekers

Hamarel, Mic’al, Bron, and Milord may act

Horizon Hunters

Male CN human merchant rogue 1 | HP 17/17 Hero 1/3| AC 18 | Fort +4; Ref +9; Will +5 | Init: +7 | Perc: +5 | Speed 25ft | sneak attack, surprise attack | Active conditions: None.

Mic'al moves forward drawing his rapier.

Grand Archive

CG Male Elf Monk 2 | HP 30/30 | AC 16 (20) | F +8, R +6, W +7 | Perc +5 |

Hamarel stomps forward at high speed, plants his feet, and tries to seize the closest bug.

Stride, activate Mountain Stance, Grapple.

Grapple vs. Blue: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (1) + 8 = 9

Edit: Bah! The bug can choose to either grab me or have me fall prone.

Grand Archive

M Human Fighter 2 | HP31/32 | AC 18 / 20 | F +8, R +7, W +4 | Perception +6| [dice=Axe]1d20+10[/dice] [dice=Dmg (S)]1d8+4[/dice]

"Finally, something to kill!" yells Bron as he charges forward suddenly.

He slices at the bloodseeker with his axe!

Axe: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (14) + 9 = 23 Dmg: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7

As blood sprays out in an arc from the bloodseeker, Bron raises his shield.

Vigilant Seal

Male Goblin | HP 7/15(18) | 1 Hero Point | auto-check vs. traps (+1 vs. traps) Perc’ +5 (Darkvision) ; Stealth +6 ; Speed 25 ft. | AC 16 (17 vs. traps) | (+1 vs. traps) Fort’ +3 ; Ref' +8 ; Will +5 | Active conditions: Trap Finder DRAINED 3

Milord helps gather the armor and such before the group leaves.
"Can someone help carry this back to town? I... I am not the strongest one here."

Upon seeing the nice dog being attacked, Milord moves in, as he sees the really old elf attack and fall on his butt--
"Hey, gramps, you're gonna hurt yourself!"

--while Brondulf sprays blood everywhere.

Milord strides up, and then steps over to flank the critter with the blue wings, using Brondulf as a fighting partner--
2 move actions to get in place ; flanking

--and then he jabs his sword at the bloated mosquito--

1st attack w. Shortsword, P: 1d20 + 1 + 2 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 1 + 2 + 3 = 7 (crit' failure)

--but pulls his arm so far back to get momentum, that he snags the hilt in his belt, and is unable to try and hit.

"Wonderful..."

Grand Lodge

Mic’al moves forward drawing a weapon.

Hamarel strides forward and attempts to grapple a bloodseeker, but it wiggles out of his grip and attempts to grab on to Hamarel instead. The blue bloodseeker’s claws slip as its attempt critically fails. Hamarel tries to grapple it again as it fails and fails again to grab it.

Bron yells as he suddenly charges forward and attacks the green bloodseeker hitting it with his axe killing it with one blow.

Having gathered the items, Milord catches up with the others in time to find Peaches under attack. The goblin strides up and attempts to attack the bloated mosquito only to snag his weapon on a branch reuining his attack.

The Blue Bloodseeker strikes back at Hamarel attaching right away and begins sucking his blood.

The Orange Bloodseeker attaches to Peaches and begins sucking blood.

Panicking Peaches lashes out randomly. First, it bites the orange bloodseeker twice killing it, then it snaps at the blue one missing it. Peaches is bleeding from where the bloodseeker was attached.

Rolls:

Critical fail by Hamarel to grab
blue vs Hamarel: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7 to grapple

Critical fail by blue to grab Hamarel
Hamarel vs blue: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 1 = 12 to grapple

Blue vs Hamarel to attach
barbed leg: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (20) + 8 = 28
Blood Drain: 1d4 ⇒ 2 dam
Blood Drain: 1d4 ⇒ 4 dam

Orange vs Peaches to attach
barbed leg: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (14) + 8 = 22
Blood Drain: 1d4 ⇒ 2 dam
Blood Drain: 1d4 ⇒ 3 dam

Peaches lash out randomly
1 blue, 2 orange, 3 Bron: 1d3 ⇒ 2
jaws: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (14) + 7 = 21 to hit
damage: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6 piercing

1 blue, 2 orange, 3 Bron: 1d3 ⇒ 2
jaws: 1d20 + 7 - 5 ⇒ (20) + 7 - 5 = 22 to hit
damage: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8 piercing

1 blue, 2 Bron: 1d2 ⇒ 1
jaws: 1d20 + 7 - 10 ⇒ (7) + 7 - 10 = 4 to hit
damage: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5 piercing

Peaches persistent damage flat check DC15: 1d20 ⇒ 10

Status: Bold my Act

Hamarel +2+4 = 6 dam Dam (Drained 2; blue attached)
Mic’al
Bron
Milord
Imiriax

Peaches: +2+3+1=8 Dam (Drained 2; Bleed 1)

Blue Bloodseeker: (+4 temp hp; flatfooted; attached hamarel)
Orange Bloodseeker: +6-3+16 = 19 (+3-3=0 temp hp) * Dead *
Green Bloodseeker: +7 *dead*

Everyone may act

Vigilant Seal

Male Goblin | HP 7/15(18) | 1 Hero Point | auto-check vs. traps (+1 vs. traps) Perc’ +5 (Darkvision) ; Stealth +6 ; Speed 25 ft. | AC 16 (17 vs. traps) | (+1 vs. traps) Fort’ +3 ; Ref' +8 ; Will +5 | Active conditions: Trap Finder DRAINED 3

Seeing as the critter is flatfooted, being attached, and beside him, Milord decides to help Peaches after, but first try and finish the blood-sucker.
He slashes away with his short sword, once--
1st attack w. Shortsword, P/S: 1d20 + 1 + 2 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 1 + 2 + 3 = 10 (-2 AC from flat-footed)
S damage, flat-footed: 1d6 + 4 + 1d6 ⇒ (4) + 4 + (3) = 11

--twice--
2nd attack w. Shortsword, P/S: 1d20 + 1 + 2 + 3 - 4 ⇒ (5) + 1 + 2 + 3 - 4 = 7 (-2 AC from flat-footed)
S damage, flat-footed: 1d6 + 4 + 1d6 ⇒ (2) + 4 + (1) = 7

--and a third time!
3rd attack w. Shortsword, P/S: 1d20 + 1 + 2 + 3 - 8 ⇒ (16) + 1 + 2 + 3 - 8 = 14 (-2 AC from flat-footed)
S damage, flat-footed: 1d6 + 4 + 1d6 ⇒ (3) + 4 + (5) = 12

Grand Archive

CG Male Elf Monk 2 | HP 30/30 | AC 16 (20) | F +8, R +6, W +7 | Perc +5 |

When I crit-failed, the bloodseeker should get an automatic success to grab. Your call if you want to retcon, but either way it's attached now.

"Why, you little...!" Hamarel roars. "I have lived longer now than you ever will, with centuries more left!" It's hard to tell if he's talking to Milord or the bug. With the latter just where he wants it, he starts swinging madly.

Flurry of Blows, Strike, Strike. Not counting flat-footed.

Falling Stone: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (16) + 8 = 24
Damage: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12

Falling Stone: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7
Damage: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9

Falling Stone: 1d20 - 2 ⇒ (14) - 2 = 12
Damage: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10

Falling Stone: 1d20 - 2 ⇒ (5) - 2 = 3
Damage: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12

Grand Lodge

Milord third attack hits and kills the bloodseeker, but leaves Hamarel bleeding.

With all the bloodseekers dead, Peaches calms down.

Both Hamarel and Peaches are still bleeding and feel drained.

Peaches is now grabbing Milord's clothing and trying to drag him further into the woods.

Hamarel - Thanks for pointing it out, I don't think it requires any retcon.

Status: Bold my Act

Hamarel 6 dam Dam (Drained 2; bleed 1)
Mic’al
Bron
Milord
Imiriax

Peaches: 8 Dam (Drained 2; Bleed 1)

Everyone can act.

Vigilant Seal

Male Goblin | HP 7/15(18) | 1 Hero Point | auto-check vs. traps (+1 vs. traps) Perc’ +5 (Darkvision) ; Stealth +6 ; Speed 25 ft. | AC 16 (17 vs. traps) | (+1 vs. traps) Fort’ +3 ; Ref' +8 ; Will +5 | Active conditions: Trap Finder DRAINED 3

Milord holds Peaches close to him, and uses the healing tools in his bandolier to try and stop the bleeding-- but is unable to get a good look at the dog's skin.

Medicine, trained: 1d20 + 1 + 2 + 0 ⇒ (5) + 1 + 2 + 0 = 8

Stop Bleeding - Attempt a Medicine check on a creature that is taking persistent bleed damage (page 452), giving them a chance to make another flat check to remove the persistent damage. The DC is usually the DC of the effect that caused the bleed.

"Good dog! Is your mistress hurt..."

Grand Archive

CG Male Elf Monk 2 | HP 30/30 | AC 16 (20) | F +8, R +6, W +7 | Perc +5 |

Hamarel draws and drinks a potion to heal his injuries.

Minor Healing Potion: 1d8 ⇒ 3

When the one fails to fully staunch his wounds, he goes for another.

Minor Healing Potion: 1d8 ⇒ 4

He then follows Peaches with the others. "Hopefully nothing is amiss, but as long as he isn't asking to play again."

Grand Lodge

Milord tries to hold Peaches and tend his wound, but the dog is trying to pull him into the woods. Milord fails to stop the dog’s bleeding.

Meanwhile, Hamarel kicks back two healing potions that fully heals his wounds and stops his bleeding.

Eventually, Peaches stops bleeding natural or through Medicine checks, before he bleeds out.

The dog leads Milord, Hamarel and the others a short way into the woods where you discover Haru standing and staring blankly, not responding, as a bloodseeker sucks blood from her neck.

The group quickly drives the bloated insect off and snap Haru out of her trance. Haru recalls little from after she entered the woods, much less how she got here. She points to a concealed door that appears to lead into an underground tunnel.

Unable to accompany your group, Haru hands you gear that might help a cold iron dagger, and two vials of holy water, as well as an empty vial that once held holy water. She and Peaches head back to town.

GM’s Notes: counts as 2 treasure bundles.[ooc]

Your group has a chance to make any preparations or before opening the door.

Rolls:

Peaches flat DC15 check to stop bleeding: 8d20 ⇒ (14, 12, 4, 12, 1, 4, 14, 16) = 77

[ooc]Status:

Hamarel (Drained 2)
Mic’al
Bron
Milord
Imiriax

Vigilant Seal

Wizard (transmuter) 1 - HP 16/16, AC 14 - Perception +3 - F: +5/ R: +4 / W: +5 - Speed: 25 - Hero Points: 1/1, Active Conditions: None

Before we go any further, am I right in believing that Hamarel and Peaches are no longer suffering Bleed damage? What about Haru?

Grand Lodge

Imiriax wrote:
Before we go any further, am I right in believing that Hamarel and Peaches are no longer suffering Bleed damage? What about Haru?

Correct no one suffering Bleed damage.

Vigilant Seal

Wizard (transmuter) 1 - HP 16/16, AC 14 - Perception +3 - F: +5/ R: +4 / W: +5 - Speed: 25 - Hero Points: 1/1, Active Conditions: None

In that case, Imiriax checks and loads his crossbow, shoulders his backpack and lets his raven familiar Anton settle onto his shoulder.

"I'm ready," he says, clearly expecting others to lead the way.

Vigilant Seal

Male Goblin | HP 7/15(18) | 1 Hero Point | auto-check vs. traps (+1 vs. traps) Perc’ +5 (Darkvision) ; Stealth +6 ; Speed 25 ft. | AC 16 (17 vs. traps) | (+1 vs. traps) Fort’ +3 ; Ref' +8 ; Will +5 | Active conditions: Trap Finder DRAINED 3

"Hamarel, old chap, you looked quite drained... is there something we can do? Anybody have some schnapps?"

Milord will check the door for traps--
+6 Perception for traps, +5 otherwise

Roll in case of need:
I imagine it is a hidden roll, but, in case:
1d20 + 5 ⇒ (20) + 5 = 25 +1 if traps

Milord has Trap Finder, meaning he gets an automatic roll to detect traps even w/o seeking for them actively. And a +1 on Perc' checks to find them.

Grand Archive

CG Male Elf Monk 2 | HP 30/30 | AC 16 (20) | F +8, R +6, W +7 | Perc +5 |

"I've been worse," Hamarel mutters. "And I am not wanting for drink, at least no more so than usual." The elf holds up a flask of amber liquid. His potions were tinged the same color. "Shall we?"

Anything we can do about the drain, short of bed rest and plenty of fluids?

Medicine (to know?): 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (17) + 5 = 22

Horizon Hunters

Male CN human merchant rogue 1 | HP 17/17 Hero 1/3| AC 18 | Fort +4; Ref +9; Will +5 | Init: +7 | Perc: +5 | Speed 25ft | sneak attack, surprise attack | Active conditions: None.

"I wield that dagger if no one else wants to." Mic'al say Rapier in one hand, dagger in the other.

Grand Lodge

Imirix checks his crossbow and is ready

Milord wonders if there is anything to do for Hamarel’s drained look as he checks for traps. There doesn’t appear to be any traps.

Hamarel is stoic about his condition knowing that only rest or a 4th level restoration spell would help him.

Mic’al readies the cold iron dagger along with his rapier.

Opening the door the group enters the caves and catches the mitflits unprepared as they go into a panicked frenzy of yelling.

The Mitflits and Gwibble cast a spell then draw a dart.

The bloodseeker flies to the Milord and grabs hold of him.

init& rolls:

secret roll: 1d20 ⇒ 14

Milord: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (10) + 5 = 15
Hamarel: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11
Bron: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8
Imiriax: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (9) + 3 = 12
Mic’al: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11
Mitflits: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (19) + 5 = 24

Barbed Leg attach: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (14) + 9 = 23

Status:

Hamarel (Drained 2)
Mic’al
Bron
Milord (blue is attached)
Imiriax

Mitflit green: (Bane 5ft)
Mitflit Orange: (Bane 5ft)
Gwibble Purple: (Bane 5ft)
Bloodseeker Blue: (attached to Milord)

Everyone my act.

Horizon Hunters

Male CN human merchant rogue 1 | HP 17/17 Hero 1/3| AC 18 | Fort +4; Ref +9; Will +5 | Init: +7 | Perc: +5 | Speed 25ft | sneak attack, surprise attack | Active conditions: None.

Mic'al Charges forward in front of Orange and lashes out with his rapier.

Will Save: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (16) + 5 = 21 To beat the Bane... Hopefully

Rapier: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (2) + 7 = 9
Damage: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8

Action 1 & 2 - Stride
Action 3 - Strike

Grand Archive

CG Male Elf Monk 2 | HP 30/30 | AC 16 (20) | F +8, R +6, W +7 | Perc +5 |

Hamarel stomps forward, ready for a fight. "Are you demons in league with the Witch?!"

Will: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (9) + 7 = 16

Stride, Stride, Mountain Stance.

Vigilant Seal

Male Goblin | HP 7/15(18) | 1 Hero Point | auto-check vs. traps (+1 vs. traps) Perc’ +5 (Darkvision) ; Stealth +6 ; Speed 25 ft. | AC 16 (17 vs. traps) | (+1 vs. traps) Fort’ +3 ; Ref' +8 ; Will +5 | Active conditions: Trap Finder DRAINED 3

Milord's eyes pop open as this thing comes and attaches itself on him, probably about to such his blood.
But Milord likes his blood, and wants it to remain in his body!

So--
Two courses of action ; if the fact that the creature is attached does NOT make it Flat-Footed:
--Milord pretends to run away, but stops just as he moves around to do so, feinting the creature into thinking it is going for a ride--
Feint vs. Perception DC: 1d20 + 1 + 2 + 3 ⇒ (10) + 1 + 2 + 3 = 16
Creature Flat Footed against my next attack if success

--before trying to pierce it with his short sword!
1st attack w. Shortsword, P/S: 1d20 + 1 + 2 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 1 + 2 + 3 = 13 -2 AC if flat footed
"SURPRISE, blood sucker!"
P damage: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5
(and, if it is Flat Footed:)
P damage: 1d6 ⇒ 5

Then Milord just tries to stab it again--
2nd attack w. Shortsword, P/S: 1d20 + 1 + 2 + 3 - 4 ⇒ (12) + 1 + 2 + 3 - 4 = 14
P damage: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5

if the creature WAS flat footed for being attached::
using my dice rolls from above in the same order:

Milord goes into a frenzy, trying to stab the critter!
Once--
1st attack: 10+6=16 w. -2 AC ; for 10 damage

--twice--
2nd attack: 7+2=9 w. -2 AC ; for 5 damage +
S damage, flat-footed: 1d6 ⇒ 3

--and thrice!
3rd attack: 12-2=10 w. -2 AC ; for:
S damage, flat-footed: 1d6 + 4 + 1d6 ⇒ (2) + 4 + (6) = 12

"Die you blood sucking blood-sucker!"

Grand Archive

M Human Fighter 2 | HP31/32 | AC 18 / 20 | F +8, R +7, W +4 | Perception +6| [dice=Axe]1d20+10[/dice] [dice=Dmg (S)]1d8+4[/dice]

Bron moves up with Mic’al and attacks!

Axe: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (7) + 9 = 16 Dmg: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7

And then raises his shield.

Vigilant Seal

Wizard (transmuter) 1 - HP 16/16, AC 14 - Perception +3 - F: +5/ R: +4 / W: +5 - Speed: 25 - Hero Points: 1/1, Active Conditions: None

"Let Bron's axe be enchanted! Let it be sharp and true!" cries Imiriax.

Cast Magic Weapon.

Bron's axe now has +1 to hit.

Grand Lodge

Mic’al charges up to the first orange Mitflit and attacks, unaffected by its bane magic, the rogue still misses with his first swing.

Hamarel stomps forward also unaffected by green’s bane.

Milord swings wildly at the bloodsucker that has attached itself to him. His first attack hits the flatfooted creature wounding it severely, unfortunately, his next two attacks miss. The beast is still alive and ready to suck blood!

Bron follows Mic’al to attack the orange Mitflit, unfortunately, he is affected by the bane and just misses the attack.

Imiriax uses his magic to enchant Bron’s axe.

The bloodsucker on Milord begins to suck blood through its proboscis. The goblin feels very drained.

The orange Mitflit throws its dart at Mic’al then draws a shortsword and attacks again, fortunately, it misses both times.

Green Mitflit does the same against Hamarel, misses with the dart, but critically hitting with the shortsword.

Gwibble Mitflit snarls and throws his dart at Bron, followed up with a second dart. Both darts hit Bron and the first one is poisoned.
Bron Roll a DC18 Fortitude save

Bane info DC16 will save:
You fill the minds of your enemies with doubt. Targets that fail their Will saves take a –1 status penalty to attack rolls as long as they are in the area. Once per turn, starting the turn after you cast bane, you can use a single action, which has the concentrate trait, to increase the emanation's radius by 5 feet and force enemies in the area that weren't yet affected to attempt another saving throw. Bane can counteract bless.

Black Adder venom:
Saving Throw DC 18 Fortitude; Maximum Duration 3 rounds; Stage 1 1d8 poison damage (1 round); Stage 2 1d10 poison damage (1 round); Stage 3 2d6 poison damage (1 round)

rolls:

Bron will save vs Bane DC16: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (10) + 3 = 13

blue bloodseeker blood Drain: 1d6 ⇒ 1 plus drained 1
blue bloodseeker blood Drain: 1d6 ⇒ 3 plus drained 1
blue bloodseeker blood Drain: 1d6 ⇒ 1 plus drained 1

Orange vs Mic’al
dart: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (8) + 8 = 16 to hit
damge: 1d3 ⇒ 1 piercing

shortsword: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (7) + 8 = 15 to hit
damge: 1d5 ⇒ 2 piercing

Green vs Hamarel
dart: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (4) + 8 = 12 to hit
damge: 1d3 ⇒ 2 piercing

shortsword: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (20) + 8 = 28 to hit
damge: 1d5 ⇒ 3 piercing

Gwibble vs Bron (note any target affected by the bane is flat-footed to Gwibble )
dart: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (13) + 9 = 22 to hit
damge w/d6 sneak: 1d3 + 1d6 ⇒ (1) + (1) = 2 piercing Plus Poison on first dart.

dart: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (15) + 9 = 24 to hit
damge w/d6 sneak: 1d3 + 1d6 ⇒ (1) + (4) = 5 piercing

Black Adder venom: 1d8 ⇒ 2 damage stage 1

Status:

Hamarel +6 dam (Drained 2; Mountain Stance)
Mic’al
Bron +2+5 = 7 dam (bane -1 to attacks, Magic Weapon +1 tohit & increasing damage dice to two ) ? DC18 fort vs Poison or take 2 dam
Milord +1+3+1 = 5 dam (Drained 3; blue is attached)
Imiriax

Mitflit green: (Bane 5ft, DC16)
Mitflit Orange: +7 dam (Bane 5ft, DC16 )
Gwibble Purple: (Bane 5ft, DC16)
Bloodseeker Blue: +10 dam (Temp 3 HP; attached to Milord; flat-footed)

Everyone my act.

Vigilant Seal

Male Goblin | HP 7/15(18) | 1 Hero Point | auto-check vs. traps (+1 vs. traps) Perc’ +5 (Darkvision) ; Stealth +6 ; Speed 25 ft. | AC 16 (17 vs. traps) | (+1 vs. traps) Fort’ +3 ; Ref' +8 ; Will +5 | Active conditions: Trap Finder DRAINED 3

Feeling very weak at the knees, Milord jabs his short-sword at the bloodsucker, trying to pop it--

1st attack w. Shortsword, P/S: 1d20 + 1 + 2 + 3 ⇒ (19) + 1 + 2 + 3 = 25 (-2 AC because flat-footed)
S damage, flat-footed: 1d6 + 4 + 1d6 ⇒ (3) + 4 + (4) = 11
I imagine 25 vs. its AC-2 could be a crit', in which case 22 damage

--if it does not drop from his neck, Milord will keep on jabbing, but is getting weaker...

2nd attack w. Shortsword, P/S: 1d20 + 1 + 2 + 3 - 4 ⇒ (3) + 1 + 2 + 3 - 4 = 5 (-2 AC because flat-footed)
S damage, flat-footed: 1d6 + 4 + 1d6 ⇒ (4) + 4 + (4) = 12

3rd attack w. Shortsword, P/S: 1d20 + 1 + 2 + 3 - 8 ⇒ (7) + 1 + 2 + 3 - 8 = 5 (-2 AC because flat-footed)
S damage, flat-footed: 1d6 + 4 + 1d6 ⇒ (5) + 4 + (6) = 15

If he did manage to kill it with his first jab, Milord will move over to help grandpa Elf.
"Hey, old man, I'm coming!"
Waving his short-sword, he flanks with Hamarel.

Grand Archive

CG Male Elf Monk 2 | HP 30/30 | AC 16 (20) | F +8, R +6, W +7 | Perc +5 |

Hamarel starts throwing surprisingly fast punches, considering the weight behind them. "Stop calling me that!"

Flurry of Blows, Strike, Strike. -2 to Green's AC if Milord is there. Should it drop, I'll use my remaining actions to move around to Purple.

Falling Stone 1: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (6) + 8 = 14
Damage: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10

Falling Stone 2: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (13) + 3 = 16
Damage: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12

Falling Stone 3: 1d20 - 2 ⇒ (15) - 2 = 13
Damage: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12

Falling Stone 4: 1d20 - 2 ⇒ (15) - 2 = 13
Damage: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8

Horizon Hunters

Male CN human merchant rogue 1 | HP 17/17 Hero 1/3| AC 18 | Fort +4; Ref +9; Will +5 | Init: +7 | Perc: +5 | Speed 25ft | sneak attack, surprise attack | Active conditions: None.

Wanting to get this over with Mic'al strikes 3 times against Orange.

Rapier-1: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (19) + 7 = 26
Damage: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5
Rapier-2: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9
Damage: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5
Rapier-3: 1d20 - 3 ⇒ (17) - 3 = 14
Damage: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6

Action 1 - Strike
Action 2 - Strike
Action 3 - Strike

Grand Archive

M Human Fighter 2 | HP31/32 | AC 18 / 20 | F +8, R +7, W +4 | Perception +6| [dice=Axe]1d20+10[/dice] [dice=Dmg (S)]1d8+4[/dice]

Fort save DC18: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (17) + 7 = 24

Bron strikes at the orange mitflit.

Axe (Power Attack): 1d20 + 9 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 9 + 1 = 22 Dmg: 1d8 + 2d8 + 4 ⇒ (5) + (7, 6) + 4 = 22

And then raises his shield again, protecting himself from these things.

Grand Lodge

Weak knees, Milord jabs his short-sword into the engorged bloodsucker, while not a critical strike it still is sufficient to burst the creature. It explodes spewing all its fresh blood over the goblin and his gear. Unfortunately, Milord is bleeding from the open. The goblin then races over to help Grandpap Hamarel flank the Mitflit.

Hamarel tells Milord to stop calling him that as he pummels the Mitflit hitting him four times thanks almost entirely to Milord’s flank. There is nothing but a pile of mush left.

Mic’al swings his rapier, but only hits with the first slash. This is enough to lay the creature low killing it.

Resisting the Black Adder venom, Bron steps forward and strikes the third Mitflit with a single blow from his Axe doing a lot of damage but not quite enough to drop the Mitflit leader.

The Mitflit concentrates a moment on his bane magic increasing its effect. Then draws a shortsword and attacks Bron.

Bane info DC16 will save:
You fill the minds of your enemies with doubt. Targets that fail their Will saves take a –1 status penalty to attack rolls as long as they are in the area. Once per turn, starting the turn after you cast bane, you can use a single action, which has the concentrate trait, to increase the emanation's radius by 5 feet and force enemies in the area that weren't yet affected to attempt another saving throw. Bane can counteract bless.

rolls:

Gwibble vs Bron
shortsword: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (11) + 9 = 20 to hit flatfooted (bane)
damage w/d6 sneak: 1d5 + 1d6 ⇒ (3) + (4) = 7

Status:

Hamarel +6 dam (Drained 2; Mountain Stance)
Mic’al
Bron 7+7 = 14 dam (bane -1 to attacks, Magic Weapon +1 tohit & increasing damage dice to two )
Milord 5 dam (Drained 3; bleeding 1)
Imiriax

Mitflit green: +10+12+12+8 = 42 *dead*
Mitflit Orange: 7+5 = 12 dam *dead*
Gwibble Purple: +22 (Bane 10ft, DC16)
Bloodseeker Blue: 10+11-3 = 18 dam * dead *

Everyone my act.

Vigilant Seal

Wizard (transmuter) 1 - HP 16/16, AC 14 - Perception +3 - F: +5/ R: +4 / W: +5 - Speed: 25 - Hero Points: 1/1, Active Conditions: None

Imiriax summons electrical potential from the ether and hurls it at the gremlin.

"Bron, Mi'cal, look out!"

Electric Arc (Basic Reflex save DC 17): 1d4 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8

Grand Archive

M Human Fighter 2 | HP31/32 | AC 18 / 20 | F +8, R +7, W +4 | Perception +6| [dice=Axe]1d20+10[/dice] [dice=Dmg (S)]1d8+4[/dice]

Will DC16: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8

Why am I flat footed vs this guy?

Bron swings again at the mitflit.

Pwr Attack: 1d20 + 9 + 1 - 1 ⇒ (19) + 9 + 1 - 1 = 28 dmg: 2d8 + 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (8, 2) + (4) + 4 = 18

He raises his shield, expecting another attack..

Grand Archive

CG Male Elf Monk 2 | HP 30/30 | AC 16 (20) | F +8, R +6, W +7 | Perc +5 |

Hamarel crashes forward, taking the long way to surround the last mitflit. Although by the time he arrives, it may be paste on the blade of Bron's axe...

Will: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (18) + 7 = 25

Vigilant Seal

Male Goblin | HP 7/15(18) | 1 Hero Point | auto-check vs. traps (+1 vs. traps) Perc’ +5 (Darkvision) ; Stealth +6 ; Speed 25 ft. | AC 16 (17 vs. traps) | (+1 vs. traps) Fort’ +3 ; Ref' +8 ; Will +5 | Active conditions: Trap Finder DRAINED 3

When does Milord start Bleeding?
The previous round he "only" was marked as Drained.
If he was already Bleeding, then he loses 1 HP that round and can roll vs. flat DC15 at the end of his round to stop it.
Do I need to remove 1 extra HP and attempt that roll for last round?
If needed:

DC 15 Flat check: 1d20 ⇒ 14
_________________________

Milord rushes over to the other place, as blood trickles out of his neck--
1 Bleed damage
DC 15 Flat check: 1d20 ⇒ 9

@8 or 9 HP

Grand Lodge

Brondulf Iarlsson wrote:

...

Why am I flat footed vs this guy?

...

He has a power where anyone who is under the effects of Bane is flat-footed to him. My understanding is that you make a save vs bane when you enter the area, or it gets enlarged. If you fail a save you are under the bane until you leave the area.

Grand Lodge

Milord wrote:

When does Milord start Bleeding?

The previous round he "only" was marked as Drained.
If he was already Bleeding, then he loses 1 HP that round and can roll vs. flat DC15 at the end of his round to stop it.
Do I need to remove 1 extra HP and attempt that roll for the last round?
If needed:

...

Bleed happens at the start of your turn.

At the end of your turn, you get one free flat check to stop bleeding.
You can take action to try and stop bleeding, such as first aid, or healing yourself completely.

Vigilant Seal

Male Goblin | HP 7/15(18) | 1 Hero Point | auto-check vs. traps (+1 vs. traps) Perc’ +5 (Darkvision) ; Stealth +6 ; Speed 25 ft. | AC 16 (17 vs. traps) | (+1 vs. traps) Fort’ +3 ; Ref' +8 ; Will +5 | Active conditions: Trap Finder DRAINED 3

Bleed:
You said "Bleed happens at the start of your turn", however, Bleed is Persistent Damage, and you take the specified damage at the end of your turns, after which you attempt a DC 15 flat check to see if you recover from the persistent damage, I have not seen anything changing things for Bleed to make it happen at the start of the turn, but could be mistaken.

So, my feeling is that if Milord got the Bleed the previous round, when the critter attacked, he would take the 1 damage at the end of his round after the critter attacked him, and then I failed that flat check by 1.

After which, this round, Milord would take another point of damage and again failed.

So he has lost 2 HP, correct?

Grand Lodge

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Milord wrote:
** spoiler omitted **

Bleed reply:
You are correct. I'm still learning rule details. I knew you took persistent damage before the save. So yes Milord would be down 2HP. Thanks for keeping me straight!
Grand Archive

CG Male Elf Monk 2 | HP 30/30 | AC 16 (20) | F +8, R +6, W +7 | Perc +5 |

Bane can expand once per round if the caster takes an action to do so (but it doesn't need to be sustained).

Grand Lodge

Imirixa cast an electric arc on Gwibble. The Mitflit manages to avoid some of the damage, but not enough as the small creature dances from the shock before falling dead.

Bron stands over the dead body as Hamarel joins him.

Milord still bleeding rushes over to the others.

The foes are all dead, but Milord is still bleeding.

rolls:

Gwibble reflex DC17 vs electric arc: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (14) + 10 = 24

Status:

Hamarel +6 dam (Drained 2; Mountain Stance)
Mic’al
Bron 14 dam (bane -1 to attacks, Magic Weapon +1 tohit & increasing damage dice to two )
Milord 5+1+1=7 dam (Drained 3; bleeding 1)
Imiriax

Mitflit green: 42 *dead*
Mitflit Orange: 12 dam *dead*
Gwibble Purple: 22+4 = 26 *dead*
Bloodseeker Blue: 18 dam * dead *

Everyone my act.

101 to 150 of 165 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / [PFS2 / GameDay8 / GMGlyn] 1-02 The Mosquito Witch All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.