[PFS2 / GameDay8 / GMGlyn] 1-02 The Mosquito Witch (Inactive)

Game Master GHembree

Map and Handouts


151 to 165 of 165 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | next > last >>
Grand Archive

CG Male Elf Monk 2 | HP 30/30 | AC 16 (20) | F +8, R +6, W +7 | Perc +5 |

Hamarel steps closer to Milord and uses strength and medical know-how to stem the bleeding.

Medicine (Administer First Aid): 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (10) + 5 = 15

Vigilant Seal

Male Goblin | HP 7/15(18) | 1 Hero Point | auto-check vs. traps (+1 vs. traps) Perc’ +5 (Darkvision) ; Stealth +6 ; Speed 25 ft. | AC 16 (17 vs. traps) | (+1 vs. traps) Fort’ +3 ; Ref' +8 ; Will +5 | Active conditions: Trap Finder DRAINED 3

Milord tries to stop the bleeding, helped by Hamarel...

That gives me two flat checks, correct?
1d20 ⇒ 9
1d20 ⇒ 14
Failed, so now at 3 points of bleed damage

Vigilant Seal

Wizard (transmuter) 1 - HP 16/16, AC 14 - Perception +3 - F: +5/ R: +4 / W: +5 - Speed: 25 - Hero Points: 1/1, Active Conditions: None

I direct your attention to "Assisted Recovery" on p. 621. Someone taking appropriate action to help you can lower your Flat Check to DC 10. Hamarel using his Administer First Aid is specifically called out as an example of this. Thus, your roll of 14 succeeded.

Vigilant Seal

Male Goblin | HP 7/15(18) | 1 Hero Point | auto-check vs. traps (+1 vs. traps) Perc’ +5 (Darkvision) ; Stealth +6 ; Speed 25 ft. | AC 16 (17 vs. traps) | (+1 vs. traps) Fort’ +3 ; Ref' +8 ; Will +5 | Active conditions: Trap Finder DRAINED 3

Bleeding:
Well, p. 621 gives things the GM can add to the extra Flat DC roll you get in this case, so it is not automatic.
Anyhow, in this case the roll for when Hamarel acted was the first one, thus a 9, and the 14 was the roll at the end of the turn... bleh

Grand Lodge

Yes, from reading Assisted Recovery, it does look like a successful First Aid does give a second save and reduces the DC to 10. So, Milord would stop bleeding at the end of his turn after taking 1 hp.

** Combat is over then **

Hamarel successfully applies first aid to Milord’s wound.

After a bit more bleeding, Milord’s wound blood leaking stops.

Status:

Hamarel 6 dam (Drained 2)
Mic’al
Bron 14 dam (bane -1 to attacks, Magic Weapon +1 tohit & increasing damage dice to two )
Milord 7+1 = 8 dam (Drained 3)
Imiriax

Vigilant Seal

Male Goblin | HP 7/15(18) | 1 Hero Point | auto-check vs. traps (+1 vs. traps) Perc’ +5 (Darkvision) ; Stealth +6 ; Speed 25 ft. | AC 16 (17 vs. traps) | (+1 vs. traps) Fort’ +3 ; Ref' +8 ; Will +5 | Active conditions: Trap Finder DRAINED 3

Milord will pull some healing tools from his bandolier, and sew up the bite mark on his neck, and apply some poultices and such--

Medicine, trained: 1d20 + 1 + 2 + 0 ⇒ (17) + 1 + 2 + 0 = 20
Healing: 2d8 ⇒ (8, 1) = 9

--if he has 10 minutes to work, while the others do other things, Milord will heal himself up.

(was @-8 HP, so w. +9 Milord is at full HP of 15, since he is drained 3, reducing from 18 to 15 his max)

Then he will look around, and, if they accept to take the time to be healed, and have not done so already, Milord will offer to try and heal--

Bron:
If okay that Milord gives a go--
Medicine, trained: 1d20 + 1 + 2 + 0 ⇒ (19) + 1 + 2 + 0 = 22
Battle Medicine healing: 2d8 ⇒ (8, 5) = 13
--Bron is healed 13 HP.
That makes a total of 20 minutes spent here.

Hamarel:
And then Milord can do the same with Hamarel--
Medicine, trained: 1d20 + 1 + 2 + 0 ⇒ (7) + 1 + 2 + 0 = 10
Battle Medicine healing: 2d8 ⇒ (4, 6) = 10
--but he does not know much about aged elvish organs, and cannot help.
That is 30 minutes total.

Grand Archive

1 person marked this as a favorite.
M Human Fighter 2 | HP31/32 | AC 18 / 20 | F +8, R +7, W +4 | Perception +6| [dice=Axe]1d20+10[/dice] [dice=Dmg (S)]1d8+4[/dice]
Milord wrote:
Then he will look around, and, if they accept to take the time to be healed, and have not done so already, Milord will offer to try and heal- **

”My thanks, goblin,” replies the bleeding Bron.

Horizon Hunters

Male CN human merchant rogue 1 | HP 17/17 Hero 1/3| AC 18 | Fort +4; Ref +9; Will +5 | Init: +7 | Perc: +5 | Speed 25ft | sneak attack, surprise attack | Active conditions: None.

Mic'al scouts around looking for anything interesting while the others tend to there wounds.

Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (20) + 5 = 25

Grand Lodge

The group takes a break to heal wounds before pressing on. Further in the mitflits’ cavern you find a group of 11 non-combatants mitflits, who beg for their lives.

The mitflits claim that Gwibble pushed them into pretending to be the Mosquito Witch, but the mitflits are now frightened the ruse has turned on them and the real Mosquito Witch is angry. They are adamant that the Mosquito Witch is real, and that they have seen her glowing red eyes in the darkness and heard the buzzing of her wings in the forest at night.

If asked the Mitflits explain how they used their control over vermin to pose as the Mosquito Witch and fighting villagers to protect their iron mine.

The mitflits piteously offer all of their treasure in return for their lives. 17 copper pieces, a wolf fang talisman, and a variety of nearly worthless scraps of metal and cloth.

GM Note: 3 Treasure Bundles

Conclusion:
By defeating Gwibble and the mitflits it ends the slough of attacks on Shimmerford, though the villagers are slow to return in the wake of the insect plague.

Haru thanks you for rescuing her and Peaches, she departs to keep looking for her friend Lasarte.

A few days after you defeated Gwibble and his mitflits warriors, the entire mitflit compound collapses in a freak cave-in, a small and intricate paper doll is found in the mud nearby.

This concludes the adventure of the Mosquito Witch. I hope everyone had fun! I will get the report and chronicles done asap.

Vigilant Seal

Male Goblin | HP 7/15(18) | 1 Hero Point | auto-check vs. traps (+1 vs. traps) Perc’ +5 (Darkvision) ; Stealth +6 ; Speed 25 ft. | AC 16 (17 vs. traps) | (+1 vs. traps) Fort’ +3 ; Ref' +8 ; Will +5 | Active conditions: Trap Finder DRAINED 3

"OH?! But... who is the real Mosquito Witch, and where is she?!"

Thanks a lot!

Horizon Hunters

Male CN human merchant rogue 1 | HP 17/17 Hero 1/3| AC 18 | Fort +4; Ref +9; Will +5 | Init: +7 | Perc: +5 | Speed 25ft | sneak attack, surprise attack | Active conditions: None.

"I agree with Milord. I wanna see the Witch!"

Thanks for the game.

Grand Archive

M Human Fighter 2 | HP31/32 | AC 18 / 20 | F +8, R +7, W +4 | Perception +6| [dice=Axe]1d20+10[/dice] [dice=Dmg (S)]1d8+4[/dice]

"That's IT?" roars Brondulf. "I barely got my f%&~ing axe bloody!"

He agrees with Mi'cal and Milord, "We need to find out who or what this Mosquito Witch is and lop her head off!"

Thanks for the game, GM Glyn!

Vigilant Seal

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Wizard (transmuter) 1 - HP 16/16, AC 14 - Perception +3 - F: +5/ R: +4 / W: +5 - Speed: 25 - Hero Points: 1/1, Active Conditions: None

I'm curious to know if there'll be a higher level adventure resolving the identity of the mosquito witch.

Thanks, Glyn!

Grand Archive

CG Male Elf Monk 2 | HP 30/30 | AC 16 (20) | F +8, R +6, W +7 | Perc +5 |

"A demon to slay another day, if these dimwits don't know its whereabouts." Hamarel doesn't seem to mind the lack of a concrete conclusion to the matter.

Thanks to all, GM especially. See you around the boards!

Grand Lodge

Imiriax wrote:

I'm curious to know if there'll be a higher level adventure resolving the identity of the mosquito witch.

Thanks, Glyn!

No the Mosquito Witch is an unresolved mystery. Could be real creature or just an imaginary one.

151 to 165 of 165 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / [PFS2 / GameDay8 / GMGlyn] 1-02 The Mosquito Witch All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.