[PFS2 / GameDay8 / GMGlyn] 1-02 The Mosquito Witch (Inactive)

Game Master GHembree

Map and Handouts


51 to 100 of 165 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | next > last >>
Grand Archive

CG Male Elf Monk 2 | HP 30/30 | AC 16 (20) | F +8, R +6, W +7 | Perc +5 |

"We are here to end the threat of the alleged Mosquito Witch." Hamarel doesn't see or care about any reason to keep this loose secret. "And you? Or are you a local." The second part is hardly phrased as a question.

Vigilant Seal

Male Goblin | HP 7/15(18) | 1 Hero Point | auto-check vs. traps (+1 vs. traps) Perc’ +5 (Darkvision) ; Stealth +6 ; Speed 25 ft. | AC 16 (17 vs. traps) | (+1 vs. traps) Fort’ +3 ; Ref' +8 ; Will +5 | Active conditions: Trap Finder DRAINED 3

"Magnetic... and mosquitoes? Interesting..."

Upon leaving, Milord starts to play with the dog.
Milord takes a stick, and pretends to throw it, hiding it behind his back...
Thievery, trained: 1d20 + 1 + 2 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 1 + 2 + 3 = 13

Vigilant Seal

Wizard (transmuter) 1 - HP 16/16, AC 14 - Perception +3 - F: +5/ R: +4 / W: +5 - Speed: 25 - Hero Points: 1/1, Active Conditions: None

"We're problem solvers, I guess you might say," says Imiriax. "And you, miss? What brings you to this delightful place?"

Grand Lodge

At the black smith, Mic’al realizes something could be affecting compasses.

Speaking to Haru Kwon, Hamarel tells her the group is looking into the Mosquito Witch threat and ask if she is a local.

Haru smiles, ”No I’m not a local. I’m a bit of a traveling scholar, though I have a lot of work to do to make a name for myself in that field.”

Milord plays with Peaches pretending to throw a stick. The dog looks in the direction of the throw, but quickly looks back at Milord for the stick. He’s on to you.

Imiriax tells Haru they are problem solvers and ask what brings her to this place.

Haru sighs, ”I’ve been traveling around the River Kingdoms, recording the local legends and customs. For obvious reasons, Shimmerford was high on my list to visit. I may have gotten more than I bargained for.”

Perception DC14 check:
You feel that Haru has a much more personal investment in the current events that she is admitting to.

Recall Knowledge Occultism DC17:
you recognize Peaches is an sapsali. A breed of dog from Hwanggot ( a nation in eastern Tian Xia, a distant continent) that is rumored to be able to dispel evil spirits.

Vigilant Seal

Male Goblin | HP 7/15(18) | 1 Hero Point | auto-check vs. traps (+1 vs. traps) Perc’ +5 (Darkvision) ; Stealth +6 ; Speed 25 ft. | AC 16 (17 vs. traps) | (+1 vs. traps) Fort’ +3 ; Ref' +8 ; Will +5 | Active conditions: Trap Finder DRAINED 3

Wile playing with smart dog, Milord tells Haru that: "I hope you make a name for yourself! You might even join the Pathfinder Society, they have Chronicles"!

Perception, expert: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13
Occultism, trained: 1d20 + 1 + 2 + 3 ⇒ (13) + 1 + 2 + 3 = 19

Not looking at Haru that much, Milord scratches Peaches' ears.
"My oh my! It this not a sapsali, from Hwanggot? It's a long way from Tian Xia.
Oh, wait... they are rumored to be able to dispel evil spirits!"

Grand Archive

M Human Fighter 2 | HP31/32 | AC 18 / 20 | F +8, R +7, W +4 | Perception +6| [dice=Axe]1d20+10[/dice] [dice=Dmg (S)]1d8+4[/dice]

Bron wonders about this woman and her dog.

Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9

“Be careful. Yer dog might not be enough protection fer ya,” he says.

Grand Lodge

Milord wrote:

Wile playing with smart dog, Milord tells Haru that: "I hope you make a name for yourself! You might even join the Pathfinder Society, they have Chronicles"!

...

Not looking at Haru that much, Milord scratches Peaches' ears.
"My oh my! It this not a sapsali, from Hwanggot? It's a long way from Tian Xia.
Oh, wait... they are rumored to be able to dispel evil spirits!"

Haru smiles, "Yes, you don't see them much outside of Hwanggot, but grandpa brought his dogs when he came over and wound up with puppies out his ears."

Vigilant Seal

Male Goblin | HP 7/15(18) | 1 Hero Point | auto-check vs. traps (+1 vs. traps) Perc’ +5 (Darkvision) ; Stealth +6 ; Speed 25 ft. | AC 16 (17 vs. traps) | (+1 vs. traps) Fort’ +3 ; Ref' +8 ; Will +5 | Active conditions: Trap Finder DRAINED 3

"And do you think that this dog can help with evil spirits, that those are involved with the mosquitoes?"

Vigilant Seal

Wizard (transmuter) 1 - HP 16/16, AC 14 - Perception +3 - F: +5/ R: +4 / W: +5 - Speed: 25 - Hero Points: 1/1, Active Conditions: None

Perception, trained: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (16) + 4 = 20
Occultism, trained: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (4) + 7 = 11

Imiriax doesn't notice the strange dog's breed because he is paying close attention to Haru herself. It seems to him that she is trying to be nonchalant about her visit when she has a more personal reason to be here. Has she lost someone? Does she know something, he wonders?

"How have you gotten more than you bargained for, Miss?" asks the wizard.

Grand Archive

CG Male Elf Monk 2 | HP 30/30 | AC 16 (20) | F +8, R +6, W +7 | Perc +5 |

Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (14) + 5 = 19
Occultism: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10

Hamarel is surprisingly more intent on the conversation than something obscure, like the dog's breed. He waits before pressing the issue he's found to see how she might react.

Grand Lodge

Milord asks if she thinks the dog can help with the mosquitoes.
Haru shakes her head, ”No those are just stories. Peaches is my companion. As for the Mosquito Witch what I have heard from the townsfolk. It’s a little contradictory, isn’t it? Some people seem to think it’s a hag, others a demon, others a priest of Ghlaunder, and others a ghost. If you’re planning to go looking for it, I’d bring cold iron along--that would help you aginst demons and hags--and fire to help burn away swarms of insects. And if it turns out the witch is a ghost, run and hide! Your weapons won’t do a thing against spirits, and I doubt you’ll have enough holy water to chase it away.”

Perceptive, Imiriax ask her how she got more than she bargained for?

The young woman sighs, “So what if I have? We just met, I don’t owe you my life story.”

Hamarel waits for her to tell more.

After a moment she continues: “Fine, fine. I’m looking for a friend of mine, and I don’t care to tell you her name. She sent me a letter a month ago, claiming that she intended to go to Shimmerford to investigate what was going on here. I intended to meet up with her here, but when I arrived, she wasn’t anywhere to be found. She is a half-elf with black hair and gold armor.”

Vigilant Seal

Male Goblin | HP 7/15(18) | 1 Hero Point | auto-check vs. traps (+1 vs. traps) Perc’ +5 (Darkvision) ; Stealth +6 ; Speed 25 ft. | AC 16 (17 vs. traps) | (+1 vs. traps) Fort’ +3 ; Ref' +8 ; Will +5 | Active conditions: Trap Finder DRAINED 3

Milord checks his nearly empty pockets, and confirms he'll be unable to purchase any of the items that were mentioned.

"Well, if we see such a person, do you want us to tell her you are looking for her?"

Otherwise, Milord is ready to move on once the others are ready.

Grand Lodge

Milord ask if found would she want him to tell the half-elf that Haru is looking for her?

Haru smiles, ”Yes please do!”

The goblin leads the group on to the Whitefish and Stag. Easy to find due to being the tallest building in Shimmerford and one of the few with a view over the town gates. The innkeep Callum Shay enthusiastically greets you ”Welcome, I’m Callum Shay the innkeep to Whitefish and Stag what can I get you fine people?”

Looking around you only see one other visitor a haggard human with dark messy hair, stubble sparsely forming a goatee, and gaunt cheeks. He is hunched over and muttering to himself by the front desk near the doorway turning a mosquito witch paper doll over in his hands, the sweat from his skin is starting to cause the paper to melt into something horrific looking.

Vigilant Seal

Male Goblin | HP 7/15(18) | 1 Hero Point | auto-check vs. traps (+1 vs. traps) Perc’ +5 (Darkvision) ; Stealth +6 ; Speed 25 ft. | AC 16 (17 vs. traps) | (+1 vs. traps) Fort’ +3 ; Ref' +8 ; Will +5 | Active conditions: Trap Finder DRAINED 3

"Hello sir," Milord says to human, "nice doll you have, there. What's it's story?"

Grand Archive

CG Male Elf Monk 2 | HP 30/30 | AC 16 (20) | F +8, R +6, W +7 | Perc +5 |

Hamarel completely ignores Callum Shay in favor of the disheveled man. He follows up Milord's question with some of his own. "Why did you make it out of paper? Would you like a drink?" As he bombards the man, he holds out a bottle of cheap liquor.

Grand Lodge

Both Milord and Hamarel ignore the innkeeper as they ask the disheveled man about the paper doll and offer him a drink.

The man looks up as if only half aware of the heros, ”The doll? It’s following me. Ha… hah hahaha! Of course it following me. I’m being stalked by a doll! He crushes the paper in his hands and drops it. ”’The iron cave will fall’ … what is that supposed to mean? What do you want from me?!”

examine the paper doll :
Picking it up you see the words “the Iron cave will fall” scrawled on the doll’s paper scarf in jagged writing.

Vigilant Seal

Male Goblin | HP 7/15(18) | 1 Hero Point | auto-check vs. traps (+1 vs. traps) Perc’ +5 (Darkvision) ; Stealth +6 ; Speed 25 ft. | AC 16 (17 vs. traps) | (+1 vs. traps) Fort’ +3 ; Ref' +8 ; Will +5 | Active conditions: Trap Finder DRAINED 3

Milord picks up the doll, looks at what’s written and hands the doll to Hamarel.
 »We want nothing of you. We are offering you a beer! »

Grand Archive

M Human Fighter 2 | HP31/32 | AC 18 / 20 | F +8, R +7, W +4 | Perception +6| [dice=Axe]1d20+10[/dice] [dice=Dmg (S)]1d8+4[/dice]

"I wonder what 'The Iron Cave will fall' means?" wonders Bron out loud. "Best not be in it when it does."

He proceeds to ignore the man somewhat. His focus is on an ale.

"INNKEEP! ALE! Of course. Why else would we be in a tavern? Ha!" He leans in on the bar. "What's the Iron Cave he's babbling about? And does the Mosquito Witch normally commune with homeless s*#~stains via scribbles on a doll? A bit too obtuse, eh?"

Vigilant Seal

Wizard (transmuter) 1 - HP 16/16, AC 14 - Perception +3 - F: +5/ R: +4 / W: +5 - Speed: 25 - Hero Points: 1/1, Active Conditions: None

Imiriax gives the doll a close inspection. Then pockets it.

Perception: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (17) + 3 = 20

Grand Lodge

Milord picks up the doll as he thinks to himself.

Bron wonders aloud what the Iron cave means then orders ale from the innkeeper ask what the man is babbling about.

Then man mumbles as if Bron was asking him ”I don’t know. I have to figure it out. It’s trying to make me do something and I have to make sure I don’t… ah gods, what if telling you was what it wanted? No, no, it couldn’t have known I would talk..”

The innkeep chuckles as he hands Bron an ale ”Quintus as been muttering things like that since he got here. A bit odd compared to the other monster hunters.”

Quintus looks around wildly ”The Mosquito Witch is in my nightmares. Go on, laugh!” Quintus snaps. ”Laugh at the paranoid madman! Ever since I came too close to this damned town, I can’t get rid of it. It shows up and doesn’t say anything but when I wake up, I know things. Six and four dead on the Shimmerford road. But how? But why? Is the witch causing it? What does that have to do with the mosquitoes? And why is someone stealing shovels? I don’t even know how I know it… Maybe I’m supposed to cause it.”

”I’m an idiot. An absolute idiot..” the man laughs sadly to himself, before jerking himself upright. ”Oh, wait you’re… where are my manners? Sorry. Introductions. I’m Quintus. Quintus Chevunier.”

Taking the doll from Milord, Imiriax inspects the doll then pockets it.

Vigilant Seal

Male Goblin | HP 7/15(18) | 1 Hero Point | auto-check vs. traps (+1 vs. traps) Perc’ +5 (Darkvision) ; Stealth +6 ; Speed 25 ft. | AC 16 (17 vs. traps) | (+1 vs. traps) Fort’ +3 ; Ref' +8 ; Will +5 | Active conditions: Trap Finder DRAINED 3

Milord smiles to the man: "Greetings, Quintus. I am Milord.
So, what about these mosquitoes, how to get rid of them?"

Grand Lodge

The Goblin Milord introduces himself to Quintus and ask how to get rid of the mosquitoes.

Quintus laughs, ”Mosquitoes feed on you and me, they feed on everyone! Ghlaunder cultists always let the parasites feast on them. Yes! Maybe that’s it! Maybe this was all a trap. Maybe the whole town is secret cultists! But how does that fit in with the shovels?”

Quintus continues to repeat parts of his delusional ramblings questing things he doesn't understand. It’s trying to make me do something, Shovels, six and four dead on the Shimmerford road, the iron cave will fall.

The innkeep Callum shakes he head, ”Must be the Mosquitoes. So are you lot here to hunt the Mosquito Witch too?”

Grand Archive

CG Male Elf Monk 2 | HP 30/30 | AC 16 (20) | F +8, R +6, W +7 | Perc +5 |

Hamarel keeps talking without introducing himself. "How long have you been having these nightmares? They are likely born of trauma in your past."

"Yes, if that is what causes your woes," he answers Callum. "Has he been? Or has he sat here for all his stay in Shimmerford? His words make little sense."

Vigilant Seal

Male Goblin | HP 7/15(18) | 1 Hero Point | auto-check vs. traps (+1 vs. traps) Perc’ +5 (Darkvision) ; Stealth +6 ; Speed 25 ft. | AC 16 (17 vs. traps) | (+1 vs. traps) Fort’ +3 ; Ref' +8 ; Will +5 | Active conditions: Trap Finder DRAINED 3

Milord bows to Callum: « Aye, we are indeed here to hunt who or whatever is behind this infestation. To try and help. 
Were there any dead on the Shimmerford road? »

Grand Lodge

Hamarel questions Quintus about his nightmares.

Quintus laughs, ”I’ve always had nightmares, but only recently have they been about the Mosquito Witch.”

When Hamarel asks the innkeeper how long Quintus has been in Shimmerford.

Callum shugs, ” A few weeks. He showed up recently the first guest I’ve had since the half-elf lady in gold armor took off to look in the woods to the northeast a few days before. Business has been really slow lately the only other guest was a man in white clothing. Come to think of it the last time I saw him was entering the woods to the east. What do you think that means?”

Milord speaks to the innkeeper asking about any dead on Shimmerford road.

The innkeeper shakes his head ” No, none that I’ve heard about. Maybe the Quintus sees visions of the future. “

Vigilant Seal

Male Goblin | HP 7/15(18) | 1 Hero Point | auto-check vs. traps (+1 vs. traps) Perc’ +5 (Darkvision) ; Stealth +6 ; Speed 25 ft. | AC 16 (17 vs. traps) | (+1 vs. traps) Fort’ +3 ; Ref' +8 ; Will +5 | Active conditions: Trap Finder DRAINED 3

"So, do we go explore more places in town, or try to start looking out in the woods and such?", Milord asks his comrades.

Grand Archive

M Human Fighter 2 | HP31/32 | AC 18 / 20 | F +8, R +7, W +4 | Perception +6| [dice=Axe]1d20+10[/dice] [dice=Dmg (S)]1d8+4[/dice]
Milord wrote:
"So, do we go explore more places in town, or try to start looking out in the woods and such?", Milord asks his comrades.

"Well, are there anymore taverns nearby that need investigating?" asks Bron with a slurp of his drink. "Otherwise, let's go kill s~@~ in the forest east of here. Sounds like that man in white is up to no good. And nobody likes elves. Let's go find that lady in the golden armor. She probably needs a good killin' too." Round hole, meet square peg.

Bron, of course, is not known for his discrimination. Except when it comes to ale. And beer. And occasionally Galtan white spice liquor.

"Lessgo, Stabby McGoblinson," he says to Milord.

Grand Archive

CG Male Elf Monk 2 | HP 30/30 | AC 16 (20) | F +8, R +6, W +7 | Perc +5 |

Hamarel's customary silence becomes a bit more pointed, but he ends up breaking it. "There may still be knowledge to glean here. At the very least, we should pay Ms. Lyons a visit."

The elf uncorks and downs the liquor he offered Quintus. "Those two have not been seen for days. They can wait a bit longer."

Vigilant Seal

Male Goblin | HP 7/15(18) | 1 Hero Point | auto-check vs. traps (+1 vs. traps) Perc’ +5 (Darkvision) ; Stealth +6 ; Speed 25 ft. | AC 16 (17 vs. traps) | (+1 vs. traps) Fort’ +3 ; Ref' +8 ; Will +5 | Active conditions: Trap Finder DRAINED 3

Stabby, that's a nice name... just like my uncle, Milord thinks.

"Let us see Ms Lyons, then!"

Grand Lodge

Milord ask the group where to explore next.

Bron replies that if there are not more taverns to investigate then he for heading into the woods.

Hamarel speaks up suggesting they pay Ms. Lyons a visit.

Milord agrees.

After finishing their drinks the group had to a small house on the west side of town. A young Tian looking man with dyed white hair answers the door and sighs with anoyment when you ask to speak with Mordha Lyons, ”Miss Lyons needs her rest, this is the third day in a row people come bother her.” He doesn't seem to want to let you into the house.

From the doorway you can see a frail old woman, wrapped in a blanket and sitting in a wooden rocking chair. Her hands shake badly and she doesn't seem to respond to visitors at the door.

Diplomacy DC14, Occultism DC14 or Intimidation DC16 to be grudgingly allowed in:

Mordha Lyons is frail and doesn't respond at all to visitors questions until you ask her about the Mosquito Witch at which point she glares at your group ”It was all just a joke to them,” the old woman says, her voice pinched thin with bitterness. ”They pretended to care, a little, when they were all scared that they would be next. Not much, even then.”

”It was up on Witchtop Hill. Up to the north, a little left of the three boulders and past the ben in the stream. We thought it was a dead animal at first, lying on the ground. It was when we got close that it sprung up. Tall as a full-grown man. Came after us on its thin little legs. Didn’t matter how fast we ran, it was right behind us. I thought my heart would burst with the running. It was only when we got to town that we dared to look back. But we didn’t find it. Just sharp footprints in the mud, and smears of sickly-sweet blood.”

And them, with their masks and their dolls and their festivals. They didn’t know what it was like. To have it in their dreams at night, to wake up with its little paper dolls by the bed. If they’d seen it, they’d never have dared. They don’t know what it’s like to see its eyes in every filthy little bug, for the whining of those insects to be like screaming in my ears.”

Mordha clams her mouth shut, before speaking again, in a trembling tone. ”It took something from me. And I don’t remember it. I don’t remember it. No one will ever remember it.”

Mordha refuses to speak any further and Regis her attendant Regis eventually asks you to leave.

Horizon Hunters

Male CN human merchant rogue 1 | HP 17/17 Hero 1/3| AC 18 | Fort +4; Ref +9; Will +5 | Init: +7 | Perc: +5 | Speed 25ft | sneak attack, surprise attack | Active conditions: None.

Looking at the White haired Lad. "I'm sorry for disturbing you and the Miss Lyons, but we are on a urgent mission for the Pathfinder Society. I promise we will not bother you long."

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (12) + 5 = 17

Once hearing her story he thanks her and the young man then steps outside. "I think we should check out that spot she saw this Mosquito Witch."

Does her location link up with any of the locations of either pure water or spoiled water we were given.

Vigilant Seal

Male Goblin | HP 7/15(18) | 1 Hero Point | auto-check vs. traps (+1 vs. traps) Perc’ +5 (Darkvision) ; Stealth +6 ; Speed 25 ft. | AC 16 (17 vs. traps) | (+1 vs. traps) Fort’ +3 ; Ref' +8 ; Will +5 | Active conditions: Trap Finder DRAINED 3

Milord listens too... "Yes, thank you ma'am."

To Mic'al: "Good idea to check that place out, those buolders..."

Grand Lodge

Mic’al is able to sweet talk the aid Regis into letting the party visit with Mordha Lyons who tells you her tale and the direction to Witchtop Hill.

Locations - Witchtop Hill is to the north, Water sources are to the east, and the half-elf in told armor was last seen entering the forest to the northeast.

Leaving the safety of Shimmerfort your group of pathfinders set for Witchtop Hill using the directions given by Mordha Lyons. Before you are out of sight of the town you hear the high-pitched screaming of horses. A carriage pulled by six horses tears down the road at dangerous speeds, the animals driven wild by the biting bloodseekers. The horses are clearing bleeding from numerous tiny wounds. The passengers are clearly in need of saving.

Each player my attempt only one of the following actions:
Leaping onto the carriage to pull a passenger free - Acrobatics or Athletics check
Calming the horses long enough for a passenger to jump - Nature check
Creating a barricaded to slow the horses and carriage - Athletics or Crafting
Something else creative with associated skill?

Grand Archive

CG Male Elf Monk 2 | HP 30/30 | AC 16 (20) | F +8, R +6, W +7 | Perc +5 |

Hamarel wastes no time performing an impressive jump into the carriage. He tries his best to gently hurl any occupants to softer ground.

Athletics: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (9) + 8 = 17

Horizon Hunters

Male half-elf fighter 1 | HP 19/19 Hero 1/3 | AC 18 | Fort +6; Ref +8; Will +4 | Init: +6 | Perc: +6 | Speed 25ft | otherworldly magic, power attack | Active conditions: None.

Devin Charges with his whip in hand up the road and starts using shrubbery and wood to slow the horses.

Crafting: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (18) + 5 = 23

Vigilant Seal

Wizard (transmuter) 1 - HP 16/16, AC 14 - Perception +3 - F: +5/ R: +4 / W: +5 - Speed: 25 - Hero Points: 1/1, Active Conditions: None

Seeing Devin building a barricade, Imiriax falls in beside him, trying to help.

Crafting: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (17) + 7 = 24

Vigilant Seal

Male Goblin | HP 7/15(18) | 1 Hero Point | auto-check vs. traps (+1 vs. traps) Perc’ +5 (Darkvision) ; Stealth +6 ; Speed 25 ft. | AC 16 (17 vs. traps) | (+1 vs. traps) Fort’ +3 ; Ref' +8 ; Will +5 | Active conditions: Trap Finder DRAINED 3

Milord rushes towards the path the horses are about to pass, and then stops, feints, and jumps back, aiming to make the horses hesitate a bit, making a diversion long enough for one of the passengers at least to jump out--
Deception, trained: 1d20 + 1 + 2 + 3 ⇒ (9) + 1 + 2 + 3 = 15

Grand Lodge

Acting in haste, Hamarel leaps on the moving carriage barely grabbing a hand hold on the bouncing thing. He manages to extract one passenger toss them to safety. Hamarel can make another Athletics check to extract another passenger.

Mic’al (Aka Devin) Charges forward with his whip in an attempt to block the horses with a barricade. The horses and carriage slow just enough for a passenger to leap free.

Imiriax joins Mic’al in building a more substantial barricade adding enough stability to it giving enough time for another passenger to leap free, before the wild horses bust through the barricades and drag the doomed carriage along with three remind passagers.

The goblin Milord rushes into the path of the horses as a diversion unfortunately the horses ignore him in their mad flight from blood sucking mosquitoes.

Hanging on to the carriage, Hamarel may continue to make another Athletics check

Bron may attempt only one of the following actions:

Leaping onto the carriage to pull a passenger free - Acrobatics or Athletics check
Calming the horses long enough for a passenger to jump - Nature check
Creating a barricaded to slow the horses and carriage - Athletics or Crafting
Something else creative with associated skill?

Grand Archive

CG Male Elf Monk 2 | HP 30/30 | AC 16 (20) | F +8, R +6, W +7 | Perc +5 |

Athletics: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (16) + 8 = 24

Hamarel manages to keep his balance on the cart, continuing to usher fling its occupants to safety.

Grand Archive

M Human Fighter 2 | HP31/32 | AC 18 / 20 | F +8, R +7, W +4 | Perception +6| [dice=Axe]1d20+10[/dice] [dice=Dmg (S)]1d8+4[/dice]

Bron sighs and slings his axe before leaping onto the rushing carriage and throwing a passenger free.

"Sorry if this hurts. Broken is better'n dead!"

Athletics: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (11) + 7 = 18

Vigilant Seal

Male Goblin | HP 7/15(18) | 1 Hero Point | auto-check vs. traps (+1 vs. traps) Perc’ +5 (Darkvision) ; Stealth +6 ; Speed 25 ft. | AC 16 (17 vs. traps) | (+1 vs. traps) Fort’ +3 ; Ref' +8 ; Will +5 | Active conditions: Trap Finder DRAINED 3

Milord curses at the horses: "Why... you ignore me?!"

Grand Lodge

Maintaining his balance on the bouncing carriage, Hamarel helps another occupant jump free.

Racing to the Carriage, Bron leaps on next to Hamarel and holding on he manages to save the last passenger.

Both Hamarel and Bron jump clear of the uncontrolled carriage pulled by six horses just in time as it careens off a sharp ridge, shattering the conveyance and killing the horses. Lucky for the passengers you were there to save them all!

The travelers are so grateful they give you two awards consisting of a delicate silver neckless worth 4gp and a minor healing potion!

Hamarel - earns a hero point! Note: everyone starts with one Hero point at the start of the game.

(Note: Treasure Bundles: 2)

The travelers gather what belongings they can from crash and head into town.

Your group resumes their walk to Witchtop Hill. Following the directions given by old miss Mordha Lyons you find the site easily. You find a dimly lit grove of uncanny, bare-branched trees, with thousands of the townsfolks’ Mosquito Witch dolls nailed to the bark. Investigating the dolls reveals a patina of grime suggesting they have been there for a long time, but the dolls should not have survived in such pristine conditions if exposed to the elements.

DC14 Perception:
You discover a tiny discarded sword suitable for a small humanoid.

DC15 Survival and at least Trained in Survival:
You find tracks of a Small, humanoid-like creature that approaches the tree and then flees to the northeast into the woods.

Grand Archive

M Human Fighter 2 | HP31/32 | AC 18 / 20 | F +8, R +7, W +4 | Perception +6| [dice=Axe]1d20+10[/dice] [dice=Dmg (S)]1d8+4[/dice]

Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (10) + 5 = 15
Survival: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (12) + 3 = 15

"What's this then?" says Bron as he picks up a tiny sword from the ground. "And look at the tracks, there. Looks like a little one came up to the tree and then fled into the woods, thataway."

Vigilant Seal

Male Goblin | HP 7/15(18) | 1 Hero Point | auto-check vs. traps (+1 vs. traps) Perc’ +5 (Darkvision) ; Stealth +6 ; Speed 25 ft. | AC 16 (17 vs. traps) | (+1 vs. traps) Fort’ +3 ; Ref' +8 ; Will +5 | Active conditions: Trap Finder DRAINED 3

Milord tries to see if this looks anything like Goblin tracks...

Perception, expert: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 5 = 16
Survival, trained: 1d20 + 1 + 2 + 0 ⇒ (18) + 1 + 2 + 0 = 21

"So, anything with this tree?
Or else do we try to locate the one that ran away?"

Grand Archive

CG Male Elf Monk 2 | HP 30/30 | AC 16 (20) | F +8, R +6, W +7 | Perc +5 |

Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 5 = 20
Survival: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10

"Something strange is afoot," Hamarel says, mostly focused on the dolls. He looks around the tree and surrounding area for oddities.

Casting Detect Magic.

Grand Lodge

Bron finds the small sword and tracks.

Milord tries to identify the tracks. He determines that the tracks are not those of a gnome, goblin, or halfling.

Hamarel examins the dolls and surrounding area. He doesn't detect any magic other than what the group has.

secret rolls:

Milord nature: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (16) + 3 = 19

Locations: * Requires a DC15 Survival check to navigate to
Witchtop Hill is to the north from town
*Water sources Man in white are to the east from town
*Half-elf in told armor northeast from town.
Small tracks lead northeast from Witchtop Hill.

Vigilant Seal

Male Goblin | HP 7/15(18) | 1 Hero Point | auto-check vs. traps (+1 vs. traps) Perc’ +5 (Darkvision) ; Stealth +6 ; Speed 25 ft. | AC 16 (17 vs. traps) | (+1 vs. traps) Fort’ +3 ; Ref' +8 ; Will +5 | Active conditions: Trap Finder DRAINED 3

"I would follow the tracks for now..."

Horizon Hunters

Male half-elf fighter 1 | HP 19/19 Hero 1/3 | AC 18 | Fort +6; Ref +8; Will +4 | Init: +6 | Perc: +6 | Speed 25ft | otherworldly magic, power attack | Active conditions: None.

"I agree lets follow this tracks first."

Vigilant Seal

Male Goblin | HP 7/15(18) | 1 Hero Point | auto-check vs. traps (+1 vs. traps) Perc’ +5 (Darkvision) ; Stealth +6 ; Speed 25 ft. | AC 16 (17 vs. traps) | (+1 vs. traps) Fort’ +3 ; Ref' +8 ; Will +5 | Active conditions: Trap Finder DRAINED 3

Milord will set out with Devin, to try and follow the tracks.
"Coming, guys?"

Grand Lodge

Both Milord and Mic’al practicing his Devin disguise chose to follow the small humanoid tracks.

The tracks extend a modest distance into the woods before becoming obscured and intentionally covered.

Wondering around in the woods trying unsuccessfully to locate the tracks the group comes across a large muddy pond that looks identical to man such ponds in the Shimmerford woods, except that it seems to be teeming with unseasonable life--the water is squirming with mosquito larvae.

You spot a man with fine brown hair and white clothing lying supine on the ground. The man is on the shore of the pond with his head and torso floating in the water, and his clothes are inexplicably pristine despite the mud.

As you approach to look closer you can see mosquitoes crawling out of his mouth and from underneath his eyelids onto his blankly staring eyes.

Reaching out to touch the hunter, he suddenly coughs up a wet lungful of drowned insects and stirs. Anyone trained in Medicine can recognize that he has a bizarre and potentially magical lung disease, which is likely to kill him sooner rather than later without aid.

51 to 100 of 165 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / [PFS2 / GameDay8 / GMGlyn] 1-02 The Mosquito Witch All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.