GM Batpony's Gameday VIII PF2e [1-0] Origin of the Open Road (Inactive)

Game Master Batpony

Maps & Handouts


251 to 268 of 268 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | next > last >>

Male human wizard 5 | HP 49/53 | AC 20 | F: +10, R: +12, W: +11 | Focus 1, Hero Points 1 | Perception +9 | Spell DC 21, attack +11 | Melee +1 striking staff +8 (2d4B) | Ranged attacks: +10

I had said on my last post that Ezren had moved in front of Kyra, which is how he was in range to cast Burning Hands on the cube, so I have placed my token on what I think was the spot. Happy to include the doll in the spell effect.


Neutral Good | Male | Human (Skilled) | Fighter | 5 | HP 78 | AC 23 | F +12 R +11 W +10 | Perc +10 | Stealth + 2 | Speed 25 | Radiant Oath |

Valeros steps up to strike Zaynip again and hopefully killing her before she can use more of her vile alchemical weapons.

He executes another Double Slice maneuver on her.

Longsword: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (20) + 16 = 362d8 + 4 ⇒ (5, 5) + 4 = 14

Shield Boss: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (15) + 14 = 292d6 + 4 ⇒ (2, 6) + 4 = 12

Liberty's Edge

OR || OR2|| HJC||Glass River Rescue

Fumbus, refer to the last post... but you essentially you have a few saves to make, Fort DC 20 (if you fail this skip the rest and remain paralyzed) -> Reflex DC 19 (if you pass this skip the last fort) -> Fort DC 20(if you fail this you are paralyzed again)

The doll get's slightly scorched by Ezren's fiery blast.

Reflex, Doll: 1d20 + 10 - 1 ⇒ (8) + 10 - 1 = 17

However, the doll retaliates in full fury! Though barely making an impact in the fight.

fist: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (19) + 10 = 29B: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4
fist: 1d20 + 10 - 4 ⇒ (4) + 10 - 4 = 10B: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6
fist: 1d20 + 10 - 8 ⇒ (12) + 10 - 8 = 14B: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6

Unfortunately in 2e, Ooze's are really easy to hit, but because they have no anatomy are immune to crits. This one is not resistance/immune to weapon damage so we've got that going!

~~~

Combat Round 3

Kyra (Bless 10ft)
Doll -4
Ezren -4, Amiri -16 (2d6 persistent), Merisiel -10, Fumbus -5, Valeros -8 (2d6 persistent)
Orhlavi's Zaynap -74 Bijan -54
Machine (1 success/disabled for 1 round)
Ooze -48

Hey Amiri and Valeros, go ahead and make your persistent damage rolls before taking your actions.


"Fumbus" CN male charhide goblin alchemist 5 | HP 56/56 | AC 22 | F +11 R +13 W +7 | Perc +7 | Stealth +13 | speed 25 | Active Conditions: ---

Fort Save, round 2: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (7) + 11 = 18

Not a good day for the little goblin. So that means he's still paralyzed, but now engulfed? Does he get a new save at the end of round 3? I think he also starts suffocating...

Liberty's Edge

OR || OR2|| HJC||Glass River Rescue
Enchanter's Pregen wrote:

[dice=Fort Save, round 2]1d20+11

Not a good day for the little goblin. So that means he's still paralyzed, but now engulfed? Does he get a new save at the end of round 3? I think he also starts suffocating...

You can hold your breath for a number of rounds equal to 5 + your Constitution modifier. Reduce your remaining air by 1 round at the end of each of your turns, or by 2 if you attacked or cast any spells that turn. You also lose 1 round worth of air each time you are critically hit or critically fail a save against a damaging effect. If you speak (including casting spells with verbal components or activating items with command components) you lose all remaining air.

Since you would have critically failed the second paralysis save, that's one round of air loss, but you do get another Fort save at the end of this round!


"Fumbus" CN male charhide goblin alchemist 5 | HP 56/56 | AC 22 | F +11 R +13 W +7 | Perc +7 | Stealth +13 | speed 25 | Active Conditions: ---

Fort Save, round 3: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (9) + 11 = 20 Finally!

The goblin watches in horror (and a good deal of fascination) as the ooze rolls right over him. He finds himself surrounded by the acidic gelatinous mass, not completely unlike the time Fumbus fell into a barrel of jam...if the jam was trying to digest him instead of the other way around.

Something about being digested from all sides wakes his body up and he finds himself beginning to be able to move.


Male human wizard 5 | HP 49/53 | AC 20 | F: +10, R: +12, W: +11 | Focus 1, Hero Points 1 | Perception +9 | Spell DC 21, attack +11 | Melee +1 striking staff +8 (2d4B) | Ranged attacks: +10

Ezren flinches at the doll's punch, then shakes his head.

"Don't touch me, you pathetic mockery of life!"

The wizard limps away from the animate doll to the far wall of the room, then turns and points at the machine.

[b]"Flambé," he says, calmly flicking a glowing bead into the muck near the machine. The bead explodes.

Ezren is sick of casting cantrips, and burning hands was pointless, so he this time he casts fireball to catch the doll and the machine. I tried to catch the gelatinous cube in the effect but couldn't do it without also including Fumbus or Kyra. GM, the orange outlines are there to show the area of effect, feel free to delete whenever you're ready.

BOOM! (Reflex DC 21): 6d6 ⇒ (3, 3, 2, 1, 3, 1) = 13

Grrr. This is why I hate evocation spells.


Neutral Good | Male | Human (Skilled) | Fighter | 5 | HP 78 | AC 23 | F +12 R +11 W +10 | Perc +10 | Stealth + 2 | Speed 25 | Radiant Oath |

Valeros takes the following persistent damage.
Persistent Acid Damage: 2d6 ⇒ (5, 5) = 10

Flat Check to end it.
Flat Check: 1d20 ⇒ 16


Neutral Good | Male | Human (Skilled) | Fighter | 5 | HP 78 | AC 23 | F +12 R +11 W +10 | Perc +10 | Stealth + 2 | Speed 25 | Radiant Oath |

I had some interesting fizzles in the Playtest with my wizard casting Lightning Bolt and Fireball at L5 and L10. I asked the panel at Gen Con about it and was told by both Jason and Mark not to expect to ever see Maximize as a Metamagic Feat in PF2.

This is what HERO POINTS are for!


Male human wizard 5 | HP 49/53 | AC 20 | F: +10, R: +12, W: +11 | Focus 1, Hero Points 1 | Perception +9 | Spell DC 21, attack +11 | Melee +1 striking staff +8 (2d4B) | Ranged attacks: +10

Can you use Hero Points to reroll damage? The rule says they can be used to reroll "a check," which I interpreted as a d20 roll against a DC or functional equivalent (AC, for example), but I'd be happy to be wrong.


Neutral Good | Male | Human (Skilled) | Fighter | 5 | HP 78 | AC 23 | F +12 R +11 W +10 | Perc +10 | Stealth + 2 | Speed 25 | Radiant Oath |

Using a strict interpretation of Hero Points, yes, you cannot use them reroll damage. However, I've sort of let my players use them for practically any dice rolls which now that I think about it have usually been checks every time. I really hope they have a boon that lets me reroll damage at some point. I'll bank the AcP for that if I can buy it!


Female Human Barbarian 05 | HP 83/83 | AC 22 | Fort +12 Ref +10 Will +9 | Perc +9 (11) | Athletics +13 | Speed 25' | Melee +14/+9/+4 (2d8+4 or 2d8+10) | Ranged +12 (1d6+4) | Hero Points 01 | Conditions -

Persistent Damage: 2d6 ⇒ (2, 3) = 5

Flat check to stop the effect: 1d20 ⇒ 8

Despite her flesh still burning Amiri keeps attacking the male alchemist while swearing terrible profanities...

Attack roll 01: 1d20 + 14 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 14 + 1 = 31Damage roll: 2d12 + 10 ⇒ (8, 8) + 10 = 26

Attack roll 02: 1d20 + 9 + 1 ⇒ (18) + 9 + 1 = 28Damage roll: 2d12 + 10 ⇒ (1, 1) + 10 = 12

Attack roll 03: 1d20 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 4 + 1 = 8Damage roll: 2d12 + 10 ⇒ (7, 6) + 10 = 23

Burning an hero point to reroll attack #3

Attack roll 01: 1d20 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 4 + 1 = 21Damage roll: 2d12 + 10 ⇒ (6, 12) + 10 = 28


Neutral Good | Male | Human (Skilled) | Fighter | 5 | HP 78 | AC 23 | F +12 R +11 W +10 | Perc +10 | Stealth + 2 | Speed 25 | Radiant Oath |

Did the actions for my turn above.

Liberty's Edge

OR || OR2|| HJC||Glass River Rescue

I'm back from my work trip! Apologies for dragging this game longer than it should have. But with that said, both alchemist are defeated after those hits. At this point the doll will retreat, the ooze remains a threat but will easily be overcomed with such a low AC, also the machine will likely be disabled by Merisiel, and if it does pour out more oozes, they get weaker and are not going to be a threat to the Pathfinder's victory! Will get reporting and chronicles done before tomorrow is over.

Valeros and Amiri fight through the pain of the acid as it burns their skin and punishes the alchemical pair by forcing them into submission with their swords. Meanwhile, Merisiel works the machine and proves to be adept in tinkering the the mechanism with her hand and manages to disable it permanently by pulling apart a few key gears.

Fumbus is momentarily trapped but is soon released through the efforts of Ezren and Kyra as they continue to direct magical fire towards the ooze like creature.

With the threat gone, you are free to explore their belongings and search the area, In the corner of the chamber, by the walkway to the southeast includes an untidy pile of notes, tomes, and diagrams jammed into several wooden crates. For the most part, these are materials the Ohrlavis stole from Nexus House, but including several works on ooze creation, the folio regarding the Open Road Pact, and the written records of Kerinha Napsunar’s early adventures. While there are numerous pages to browse, at a glance the records indicate that Kerinha often undertook risky operations, such as rescuing religious artifacts by smuggling them out of Rahadoum.

The Open Road Pact folio details the Mwangi expedition by Durvin Gest, Selmius Foster, Gregaro Voth, and Kerinha Napsunar. They set out to uncover what they believe to be a magnificent treasure hidden within the expanse. It entails the many means that of how the Pathfinders overcame many guardians, traps, and obstacles, only to be stymied by a locked door covered in countless keys. All four examined the keys, but none seemed the right shape to open the door. A supernatural guardian bound to the site mockingly informed the Pathfinders that any one of the keys could open the door, but only after all the other key holders (that is, the other three companions) were dead. The four Pathfinders agreed that whatever treasure was beyond was not worth the cost of betrayal. They formed the Open Road Pact, swearing to each take a key and let whoever among them lived the longest return to claim the prize—an embodiment of the cooperation element of the Pathfinder Society’s creed of “explore, report, cooperate.”Oddly, included in the pile area also, several other diagrams and notes that are obviously stolen from other wizards and alchemists across Quantium.

Back at the Nexus House, Sebnet is happy to see the return of the missing texts. If you had not cleaned yourself of the sewers slurry, it gradually disperses as the Nexus House’s enchantments subtly clean the you and their gear. Sebnet makes a cursory inventory of the texts, but it’s clear she’s most interested in finding out more about the Open Road Pact. This piece of forgotten lore featuring the early heroes of the Pathfinder Society is something she is eager to know more about. She asks to have her scribes copy the folio as well; as with the other materials discovered in your research, she intends to let the Shaine keep the originals and maintain a copy here in the Nexus House archives. Sebnet also aids the PCs with any other loose ends of thr mission, ensuring the Ohrlavis are taken into proper custody if they are still breathing. She also also provides a bag of holding type II she discovered tucked away in the Nexus House archives earlier in the day to carry the countless documents on your journey home.Finally she wishes you safe journey and invites you back to Quantium at their soonest convenience.

Upon your arrival at Absalom Kreighton Shaine is pleased to see you've acquire all four pieces of archived information that he requested, but he’s even more delighted to hear about the Open Road Pact and the folio that had been languishing in the Nexus House archives for centuries. The historical importance of the folio alone makes it a valuable find, but the tantalizing hints of key-bound treasures hidden in the Mwangi Expanse promise further adventure for the Pathfinder Society.


Neutral Good | Male | Human (Skilled) | Fighter | 5 | HP 78 | AC 23 | F +12 R +11 W +10 | Perc +10 | Stealth + 2 | Speed 25 | Radiant Oath |

"I want to know more about this pact at some point. There is a great story here and it involves the Society's founders it seems."

Valeros turns to the party and says, "Great work, team! We've accomplished another mission. It's Miller Time!"


Male human wizard 5 | HP 49/53 | AC 20 | F: +10, R: +12, W: +11 | Focus 1, Hero Points 1 | Perception +9 | Spell DC 21, attack +11 | Melee +1 striking staff +8 (2d4B) | Ranged attacks: +10

"Oh, wonderful. From wandering hip-deep in muck through a sewer to traipsing through a jungle, where we'll be covered in biting insects and strangled by carnivorous plants. I can hardly wait!" Ezren pours himself another glass of wine and drinks deeply.

Thanks for a great game, GM Batpony and my fellow players!


Female Human Barbarian 05 | HP 83/83 | AC 22 | Fort +12 Ref +10 Will +9 | Perc +9 (11) | Athletics +13 | Speed 25' | Melee +14/+9/+4 (2d8+4 or 2d8+10) | Ranged +12 (1d6+4) | Hero Points 01 | Conditions -

"Weeeeeell, weeeeell, well... all things considered this could have been worse! We've got an adventure and killed some stuff that deserved killing. I'll mark this one as a success after all!"

Thanks for the game everyone! And great gamemastering as usual Batpony!"


"Fumbus" CN male charhide goblin alchemist 5 | HP 56/56 | AC 22 | F +11 R +13 W +7 | Perc +7 | Stealth +13 | speed 25 | Active Conditions: ---

Fumbus looks at Valeros. "Time for flour? Why would we go to the Miller when we should be having ales!" The alchemist shows them how to cool their ale by pouring a bit of Frost vial into them.

Great game, everyone! Thanks, Batpony!

251 to 268 of 268 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Batpony's Gameday VIII PF2e [1-0] Origin of the Open Road All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.