GM Batpony's Gameday VIII PF2e [1-0] Origin of the Open Road (Inactive)

Game Master Batpony

Maps & Handouts


51 to 100 of 268 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | next > last >>

Female Human Barbarian 05 | HP 83/83 | AC 22 | Fort +12 Ref +10 Will +9 | Perc +9 (11) | Athletics +13 | Speed 25' | Melee +14/+9/+4 (2d8+4 or 2d8+10) | Ranged +12 (1d6+4) | Hero Points 01 | Conditions -

@GM Batpony: Sorry. I didn't get the map right. Triple move down the stairs then


Neutral Good | Male | Human (Skilled) | Fighter | 5 | HP 78 | AC 23 | F +12 R +11 W +10 | Perc +10 | Stealth + 2 | Speed 25 | Radiant Oath |

A crit hit means the damage roll of the weapon plus any damage modifiers except those triggered by a critical hit like extra damage from the fatal weapon trait is doubled. Any additional damage is added to the doubled damage unless specifically stated in the rules concerning that type of damage. So in this case you rolled a natural 20 which is a critical hit which increases the hit by one step to a critical hit for calculating damage. You roll the 1d8 and add your spellcasting ability modifier, then double the damage.

Liberty's Edge

OR || OR2|| HJC||Glass River Rescue

Thanks Valeros for summarizing that nicely! Although to add, pg451, you can roll double and apply modifiers double if your prefer.

Fumbus reacts first and thinks of the consequences later! The risk pays off as the acid flask breaks onto the statue and burns it's outer shell.

Nearby, Kyra comes around and witnesses the moving statue covered with a green tinted acid. She places her faith in the divine and it also pays off as a powerful weapon shaped after the ideals of the Dawnflower strikes fiercely against the statue.

Takes full damage! (I'm making an assuming Kyra chooses force damage as oppose to P/B/S.) Also this statue has taken enough damage that it loses it's bonus to AC and Hardness.

Following Pathfinders are up!
Ezren's 2 actions. Merisiel.


Male human wizard 5 | HP 49/53 | AC 20 | F: +10, R: +12, W: +11 | Focus 1, Hero Points 1 | Perception +9 | Spell DC 21, attack +11 | Melee +1 striking staff +8 (2d4B) | Ranged attacks: +10

"Wear them down, Pathfinders!"

Ezren points a finger at the blue statute and intones, "Linio de malvarmo!"

The wizard casts Ray of Frost (heightened to level 3).

Ray of Frost, level 3: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (9) + 11 = 203d4 + 4 ⇒ (3, 1, 2) + 4 = 10


Merisiel Female CN Whisper Elf Rogue 5 | HP 56/56 | AC 22 | F: +9 R: +13 W: +11 | Perc: +11 Stealth: +13 | Speed 35 ft | Low-light Vision | Active Conditions:

Merisiel notices something going on with the statue and uses all of her speed to rush down the stairs and get a better look at what's going on.

Three move actions totaling 105 ft of movement

Liberty's Edge

OR || OR2|| HJC||Glass River Rescue

Ezren causes a frost to come all over the worn statue; before the animated construct is able to react to the situation, it crumbles into a few hundred pieces of rock.

Meanwhile, all the other statues from around the library begins to move slowly towards the closest Pathfinder. One of the construct gets close enough to the rogue and begins attacking and holding the elf firmly in place with a tight grip!

Almost all triple moved, only one double moved and attacked Merisiel.

fist: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (19) + 11 = 30 Magic/B: 1d8 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9 +Grab

Grabbed:
You’re held in place by another creature, giving you the flat-footed and immobilized conditions. If you attempt a manipulate action while grabbed, you must succeed at a DC 5 flat check or it is lost; roll the check after spending the action, but before any effects are applied.

~~~

Combat Round 2

All Pathfinders are up!
Merisiel -9 (grabbed)


"Fumbus" CN male charhide goblin alchemist 5 | HP 56/56 | AC 22 | F +11 R +13 W +7 | Perc +7 | Stealth +13 | speed 25 | Active Conditions: ---

"Yayyyy! Ezren kill it!" Fumbus spots two more statues as they close in on Kyra. "More! There's more!" He hops down the stairs, unperterbed by their proximity. The goblin hurls another flask of acid at the statues, then draws his dogslicer.

Attack: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (17) + 10 = 27
Damage: 2d6 + 4 ⇒ (4, 4) + 4 = 12

8 persistent damage to yellow too. 4 splash damage to white and Kyra (sorry!)


Female NG Human Cleric 5 | HP 48/48 | AC 22 | F: +9 R: +9 W: +13 | Perc: +13 | Speed 25 ft | Active Conditions:

"Goblin! Watch where you are throwing those!" Kyra shouts angrily, as the acidous content from the flask sprays on her. At least it seems to damage the statue worse.

I'm not totally sure how reactions and AoO's work in 2e, but I believe AoO is a more specialized thing for certain classes now? But please allow me to reconsider the action if this is foolish and a 5ft level character should know better.

Seeing the statues approaching, Kyra draws her blade and prepares to meet the thing. Before striking, she motions with her hand to call the spiritual weapon to attack this new foe, and only then follows up with her own attack.

actions:

1. Interact
2. Sustain a spell
3. Strike

Spiritual weapon strike: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (3) + 11 = 14
force damage: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10
Scimitar strike: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (19) + 11 = 30
slashing damage: 2d6 + 3 ⇒ (2, 3) + 3 = 8

scimitar maybe crits?
crit damage: 2d6 + 3 ⇒ (3, 5) + 3 = 11


Merisiel Female CN Whisper Elf Rogue 5 | HP 56/56 | AC 22 | F: +9 R: +13 W: +11 | Perc: +11 Stealth: +13 | Speed 35 ft | Low-light Vision | Active Conditions:

Merisiel attempts to escape being grabbed with acrobatics, deftly wriggling to break free.
Escape (Acrobatics): 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (16) + 14 = 30

Then she draws her rapier Or tries to if still grabbed and strikes with Quick Draw
flat manipulate check: 1d20 ⇒ 8
+1 striking rapier, 2nd attack: 1d20 + 14 - 5 ⇒ (10) + 14 - 5 = 19I think since Escape has the attack trait, the multiple attack penalty is applied
P damage: 2d6 + 4 ⇒ (5, 6) + 4 = 15

If still grabbed:
Merisiel tries to escape again
Escape (Acrobatics): 1d20 + 14 - 10 ⇒ (5) + 14 - 10 = 9

If not grabbed:
Merisiel steps to try to avoid being surrounded I moved my token 5ft North, if this is not valid, feel free to move me back


Male human wizard 5 | HP 49/53 | AC 20 | F: +10, R: +12, W: +11 | Focus 1, Hero Points 1 | Perception +9 | Spell DC 21, attack +11 | Melee +1 striking staff +8 (2d4B) | Ranged attacks: +10

Can we move the blue statue off the map if it's destroyed? Looks like it's attacking Merisiel along with gray.

"I did?" Ezren looks at his hand in surprise. "I suppose I did at that! Perhaps they are vulnerable to cold? Odd weakness for an animated hunk of rock to have, but perhaps it will work again."

Once again, Ezren gestures and points, this time at the gray statue that has grabbed Merisiel. He shouts,"Unhand that rogue, you ... you chiseled shard of shoddy craftsmanship! Linio de malvarmo!"

The wizard casts Ray of Frost (heightened to level 3).

Spell Attack, Ray of Frost, level 3: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (11) + 11 = 223d4 + 4 ⇒ (2, 4, 3) + 4 = 13


Neutral Good | Male | Human (Skilled) | Fighter | 5 | HP 78 | AC 23 | F +12 R +11 W +10 | Perc +10 | Stealth + 2 | Speed 25 | Radiant Oath |

Valeros moves up to the closest statue and attacks it with his Double Slice activity.

Longsword: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (7) + 16 = 232d8 + 4 ⇒ (4, 5) + 4 = 13

Shield Boss: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (1) + 12 = 132d6 + 4 ⇒ (3, 3) + 4 = 10

"Take that, you stone-faced thing, you!"


Female Human Barbarian 05 | HP 83/83 | AC 22 | Fort +12 Ref +10 Will +9 | Perc +9 (11) | Athletics +13 | Speed 25' | Melee +14/+9/+4 (2d8+4 or 2d8+10) | Ranged +12 (1d6+4) | Hero Points 01 | Conditions -

"Raaaaaaaaghhhh!!!!!!!!!!" Roaring Amiri comes crashing down from the stairs and tries to smash the statue into pieces with powerful blows!

Attack roll 01: 1d1 + 14 ⇒ (1) + 14 = 15Damage roll: 2d8 + 10 ⇒ (5, 8) + 10 = 23

Attack roll 02: 1d1 + 9 ⇒ (1) + 9 = 10Damage roll: 2d8 + 10 ⇒ (8, 6) + 10 = 24

Move/attack/attack

Edit: OUCH!!!


Female Human Barbarian 05 | HP 83/83 | AC 22 | Fort +12 Ref +10 Will +9 | Perc +9 (11) | Athletics +13 | Speed 25' | Melee +14/+9/+4 (2d8+4 or 2d8+10) | Ranged +12 (1d6+4) | Hero Points 01 | Conditions -

sorry for the mistaken rolls above. As I mentioned I’m travelling and Made a mistake while posting from my phone

Amiri rolling:
Attack roll 01: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (16) + 14 = 30 Damage roll: 2d8 + 10 ⇒ (1, 7) + 10 = 18
Attack roll 02: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (17) + 9 = 26 Damage roll: 2d8 + 10 ⇒ (8, 1) + 10 = 19

Liberty's Edge

OR || OR2|| HJC||Glass River Rescue

Ah, I see my mistake, I thought Ezren had attacked green! Nonetheless, since it was my mistake I'll assume green is indeed dead and blue is at -10. Sorry long day at work, I'll likely get the update tomorrow.

Liberty's Edge

OR || OR2|| HJC||Glass River Rescue

AoO's are indeed specialized and come in form of a class feat.

Escape does have the attack trait! I was not aware of it, but the rapier has the Finesse feat so the penalty is only -4.

For your reference to roll critical, AC is 19, and 15 when broken.

Amiri Crit: 2d8 + 10 ⇒ (7, 7) + 10 = 24

Yellow DC15 flat vs persistent: 1d20 ⇒ 12

Fumbus and Kyra knock out one more statue, but the cleric gets slightly hit in the crossfire as acid splashes on her.

Ezren continues to weaken the animated statues from afar, with great accuracy. Meanwhile, Merisiel escapes the clutches of the statue and moves aside only for the pair of melee brutes to come in and knock both statues into pieces of rock.

Valeros strike'd out yellow statue so i retcon'd Amiri's attack against blue.

One of the statues retaliates against Kyra while another one continues to make it's way towards the group.

Fist: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (6) + 11 = 17 B: 1d8 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8
Fist: 1d20 + 11 - 5 ⇒ (20) + 11 - 5 = 26 B: 1d8 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 13
Fist: 1d20 + 11 - 10 ⇒ (8) + 11 - 10 = 9 B: 1d8 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8

Crit: 1d8 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7

Kyra is grabbed

~~~

Combat Round 3

All Pathfinders are up!
Merisiel -9 Kyra -24 (grabbed)


Merisiel Female CN Whisper Elf Rogue 5 | HP 56/56 | AC 22 | F: +9 R: +13 W: +11 | Perc: +11 Stealth: +13 | Speed 35 ft | Low-light Vision | Active Conditions:

I think you're thinking the Agile trait for reducing the multiple attack penalty, GM, which is on my dagger, but not my rapier. ;)

Merisiel quickly darts across the room and attacks the nearest statue still standing Double move and strike

+1 striking rapier: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (9) + 14 = 23
P damage: 2d6 + 4 ⇒ (2, 1) + 4 = 7


Neutral Good | Male | Human (Skilled) | Fighter | 5 | HP 78 | AC 23 | F +12 R +11 W +10 | Perc +10 | Stealth + 2 | Speed 25 | Radiant Oath |

Valeros runs over to the nearest statue that he can see (two actions) and swings his longsword at the being's stony form.

Longsword: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (1) + 16 = 172d8 + 4 ⇒ (7, 8) + 4 = 19


"Fumbus" CN male charhide goblin alchemist 5 | HP 56/56 | AC 22 | F +11 R +13 W +7 | Perc +7 | Stealth +13 | speed 25 | Active Conditions: ---

"Sorry! I save you Kyra!" Fumbus charges forward to save Kyra from the statue. He swings his dogslicer at it repeatedly.

+1 Striking dogslicer: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (13) + 11 = 24
Damage: 2d6 + 1 ⇒ (1, 6) + 1 = 8

+1 Striking dogslicer: 1d20 + 11 - 4 ⇒ (1) + 11 - 4 = 8
Damage: 2d6 + 1 ⇒ (3, 2) + 1 = 6


Male human wizard 5 | HP 49/53 | AC 20 | F: +10, R: +12, W: +11 | Focus 1, Hero Points 1 | Perception +9 | Spell DC 21, attack +11 | Melee +1 striking staff +8 (2d4B) | Ranged attacks: +10

Ezren steps back to get a better angle to aim at the statue that has grabbed Kyra and once again casts Ray of Frost.

Spell Attack, Ray of Frost, level 3: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (9) + 11 = 203d4 + 4 ⇒ (3, 4, 4) + 4 = 15

Liberty's Edge

OR || OR2|| HJC||Glass River Rescue

I indeed was thinking agile. Whoops.

Fumbus - What was your action economy? If you needed to interact (action) to draw the weapon, you would only have had the opportunity to make 1 attack.

Merisiel and Valeros take their blades and move against the animated statue around the corner. The might fighter stumbles in his footing causing him to miss the strike. Merisiel moves quickly and accurately but does not put enough force behind her rapier, and merely puts a slight chip into the construct's shoulder.

Ezren's spells continue to do wonders in wearing down the animated statue's and Fumbus switch's his flask for a dogslicer and hacks away at the statue!

~~~

Combat Round 3

Kyra and Amiri are up!
Merisiel -9 Kyra -24 (grabbed)

White -17, Red -1


"Fumbus" CN male charhide goblin alchemist 5 | HP 56/56 | AC 22 | F +11 R +13 W +7 | Perc +7 | Stealth +13 | speed 25 | Active Conditions: ---

Fumbus drew his dogslicer last round after throwing the bomb.

Liberty's Edge

OR || OR2|| HJC||Glass River Rescue

Does someone want to suggest actions or bot the two?


Neutral Good | Male | Human (Skilled) | Fighter | 5 | HP 78 | AC 23 | F +12 R +11 W +10 | Perc +10 | Stealth + 2 | Speed 25 | Radiant Oath |

Site was down for about 12 hours or so. That might have impacted things. How about we see in the morning and go from there?


Female NG Human Cleric 5 | HP 48/48 | AC 22 | F: +9 R: +9 W: +13 | Perc: +13 | Speed 25 ft | Active Conditions:

Apologies, the site was indeed showing me goblins when I tried to post

escape, athletics: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (20) + 10 = 30
"Unhand me, stupid creature" Kyra mutters, squirming away from the statues grasp. With the same movement, she swings her scimitar to cut off the offending stone hand.
strike: 1d20 + 11 - 5 ⇒ (12) + 11 - 5 = 18
damage: 2d6 + 3 ⇒ (3, 4) + 3 = 10

And to complete her furious retaliation, she calls the spiritual blade to join the assault.
spiritual weapon strike: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (16) + 11 = 27
force damage: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12


Female Human Barbarian 05 | HP 83/83 | AC 22 | Fort +12 Ref +10 Will +9 | Perc +9 (11) | Athletics +13 | Speed 25' | Melee +14/+9/+4 (2d8+4 or 2d8+10) | Ranged +12 (1d6+4) | Hero Points 01 | Conditions -

... aaaaaand BACK!

Amiri fopllows her fellow pathfinders and smashes into the statue threatening Merisiel...

Attack roll: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (13) + 14 = 27Damage roll: 2d8 + 10 ⇒ (3, 6) + 10 = 19

Amiri flanks with Merisiel so the statue should be flat footed

Liberty's Edge

OR || OR2|| HJC||Glass River Rescue

Okay Great! We'll keep moving now.

Flat footed is just enough to crit!

Crit: 2d8 + 10 ⇒ (7, 5) + 10 = 22 And that's exactly enough to kill it even with hardness.

Kyra escapes the grasp of the creature and takes her weapon and the spiritual one granted by her deity to smash the statue tormenting her.

Amiri crushes the barely bruised statue with a raging and powerful blow, smashing it into pieces, destroying the last remaining guardian.

You have the option of continuing the research, or seeking out Sebnet regarding what just occured, or even not doing any of that and pursue answers in the streets.

~~~
Merisiel -9 Kyra -24


Merisiel Female CN Whisper Elf Rogue 5 | HP 56/56 | AC 22 | F: +9 R: +13 W: +11 | Perc: +11 Stealth: +13 | Speed 35 ft | Low-light Vision | Active Conditions:

What research tasks had we not finished as of yet? Merisiel is suspicious of what other things will wake up as we continue to peruse this trove of documents.


"Fumbus" CN male charhide goblin alchemist 5 | HP 56/56 | AC 22 | F +11 R +13 W +7 | Perc +7 | Stealth +13 | speed 25 | Active Conditions: ---

"We tell Sebnet about murdery statues? Maybe she knows why they want to hurt us."


Female NG Human Cleric 5 | HP 48/48 | AC 22 | F: +9 R: +9 W: +13 | Perc: +13 | Speed 25 ft | Active Conditions:

"A moment, friends! I was wounded, and must pray for Saranrae's blessing."
Kyra says and raises her hands towards the ceiling. Soon, the cleric bathes in golden light that washes away the blood from her skin.

Heal, 2-action version: 3d8 + 24 ⇒ (2, 1, 1) + 24 = 28

"Merisiel, if you so wish and we have time to spend, I can tend to your wounds with bandages and ointments."

If we can use 10 minutes for Treat wounds:

Medicine, DC15: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (5) + 13 = 18
hp healed: 2d8 ⇒ (8, 3) = 11


Merisiel Female CN Whisper Elf Rogue 5 | HP 56/56 | AC 22 | F: +9 R: +13 W: +11 | Perc: +11 Stealth: +13 | Speed 35 ft | Low-light Vision | Active Conditions:

"I would appreciate that very much Kyra. While we're here, I think we should keep researching and try to find everything. I'm worried we may have started something we're not gonna be able to stop, and I'd rather get what we came for." Merisiel is eying the very bookshelves themselves, as well as the huge orrery.


Female Human Barbarian 05 | HP 83/83 | AC 22 | Fort +12 Ref +10 Will +9 | Perc +9 (11) | Athletics +13 | Speed 25' | Melee +14/+9/+4 (2d8+4 or 2d8+10) | Ranged +12 (1d6+4) | Hero Points 01 | Conditions -

Amiri looks at the crushed remnants of the statue:"Tell ya! Never a dull moment!" she says


Neutral Good | Male | Human (Skilled) | Fighter | 5 | HP 78 | AC 23 | F +12 R +11 W +10 | Perc +10 | Stealth + 2 | Speed 25 | Radiant Oath |

Valeros sheathes his sword and looks his shield over for damage. Finding none, he then looks at the stone shards lying about the area. "Somehow, I do not think these statues animated on their own. Someone or something must have enchanted them and sent them to attack us. Why?"

He looks at Ezren questioningly.

Liberty's Edge

OR || OR2|| HJC||Glass River Rescue

In short, you've found 2 items of the 4, but noticed that the two items you found are incomplete. Strong suspicions that it's missing from the library.

You're free to take time to heal if you want to spend that time.

You may investigate the statues with a Occultism, Arcana, or Religion check.

The available checks for research are Nature and Occultism.


Merisiel Female CN Whisper Elf Rogue 5 | HP 56/56 | AC 22 | F: +9 R: +13 W: +11 | Perc: +11 Stealth: +13 | Speed 35 ft | Low-light Vision | Active Conditions:

Merisiel sighs in relief as her wounds are bandaged. "Thank you again Kyra. I fear that, however incomplete, we've gotten what we can out of this library. I second Valeros' notion to investigate the statues, but I know little of magic."

Vote to check out the statues with Arcana or Occultism and then find Sebnet.


Male human wizard 5 | HP 49/53 | AC 20 | F: +10, R: +12, W: +11 | Focus 1, Hero Points 1 | Perception +9 | Spell DC 21, attack +11 | Melee +1 striking staff +8 (2d4B) | Ranged attacks: +10

Ezren, moving cautiously, approaches the nearest of the downed statues. The aging wizard grunts as he crouches down to peer at it closely.

"Hmmm. Well, this is interesting."

Arcana: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (20) + 13 = 33


2 people marked this as a favorite.
"Fumbus" CN male charhide goblin alchemist 5 | HP 56/56 | AC 22 | F +11 R +13 W +7 | Perc +7 | Stealth +13 | speed 25 | Active Conditions: ---

Fumbus hovers near the wizard, watching what he is doing as he inspects the statues. He mimics the man's utterances. "Hmmmm....ohhhh....I'm, ahhhh..."


Female Human Barbarian 05 | HP 83/83 | AC 22 | Fort +12 Ref +10 Will +9 | Perc +9 (11) | Athletics +13 | Speed 25' | Melee +14/+9/+4 (2d8+4 or 2d8+10) | Ranged +12 (1d6+4) | Hero Points 01 | Conditions -

Amiri looks at Ezren and then at Fumbus and shrugs:"Bah... shamans and mystics... all touched by the gods they say... touched in the head if you ask me..."

Liberty's Edge

OR || OR2|| HJC||Glass River Rescue

Ezren inspects closely upon the broken pieces and the runic writings on the previously animated statues. The sorcerer recognizes that the marks are akin to arcane runes used in golem creation rituals, and are most definitively the source for animating the rock figures.These marks appear quite recent, but it’s impossible to definitively date them.

If you wish to engage Sebnet, just go ahead an assume you've found her and address your queries/concerns and i will respond accordingly.


Merisiel Female CN Whisper Elf Rogue 5 | HP 56/56 | AC 22 | F: +9 R: +13 W: +11 | Perc: +11 Stealth: +13 | Speed 35 ft | Low-light Vision | Active Conditions:

Merisiel is direct and to the point, much like the daggers she carries. "Vash-Vatom, I believe someone may have sabotaged your library." She leaves it at that and carefully monitors her reaction to the statement. She is expecting surprise and concern, and wants to make sure these are expressed genuinely. I'm unsure exactly how sense motive works in 2E

Liberty's Edge

OR || OR2|| HJC||Glass River Rescue

Sense Motive is now a Perception check

Sebnet looks concerned and responds by asking for more information on the matter, "What do you mean by this? In what ways could my library have been sabotage?"

Sense Motive DC20:
You believe her to be truthful


Female NG Human Cleric 5 | HP 48/48 | AC 22 | F: +9 R: +9 W: +13 | Perc: +13 | Speed 25 ft | Active Conditions:

While still in the library, Kyra studies the markings of the statues to affirm Ezrens conclusions.

Religion: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (6) + 13 = 19


Female Human Barbarian 05 | HP 83/83 | AC 22 | Fort +12 Ref +10 Will +9 | Perc +9 (11) | Athletics +13 | Speed 25' | Melee +14/+9/+4 (2d8+4 or 2d8+10) | Ranged +12 (1d6+4) | Hero Points 01 | Conditions -

"Mmmmmh..." Amiri studies Sebnet with suspicion in her eyes...

Perception check: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (13) + 9 = 22

After a while she casually comments:"Seems legit to me..."


Merisiel Female CN Whisper Elf Rogue 5 | HP 56/56 | AC 22 | F: +9 R: +13 W: +11 | Perc: +11 Stealth: +13 | Speed 35 ft | Low-light Vision | Active Conditions:

Perception: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (15) + 11 = 26

Merisiel relaxes her stance and gives more details. "There were statues in the library that came to life after we began finding some of the documents we were looking for. I think we were in there a couple of hours when it happened, and the statues glowed with magical runes. I'm no magic expert, so you'll have to ask Kyra or Ezren for specifics."

Liberty's Edge

OR || OR2|| HJC||Glass River Rescue

Kyra knows naught of the arcane markings, unused in any religion she knows.

Sebnet shakes her head in dismay, “What? Animated statues in the Orrery Archive? We have several magical marvels here in Nexus House, but this is news to me. Could it be really be sabotage then? We haven’t needed particularly strong security in the past, but perhaps we should consider it. As it might be relevant, what were you doing, as precisely as you recall, when the statues began running amok?”


"Fumbus" CN male charhide goblin alchemist 5 | HP 56/56 | AC 22 | F +11 R +13 W +7 | Perc +7 | Stealth +13 | speed 25 | Active Conditions: ---

Fumbus looks at the others. "We were good, I promise...We was just looking for the books. Maybe climbing up the shelves some, but mostly flipping pages and looking for names."


Female NG Human Cleric 5 | HP 48/48 | AC 22 | F: +9 R: +9 W: +13 | Perc: +13 | Speed 25 ft | Active Conditions:

"The goblin speaks true. We were merely going through the books and document archives - with utmost care, I might add."

Kyra pauses to think what exactly happened before the statues animated.

"There was some documents missing... the Open Road Pact, and the records about Pathfinder named “Kerinha Napsunar". And Ezren found some note, too. Could some of these findings have triggered the statues' magic? "

"Ezren, what was the note about?"

Liberty's Edge

OR || OR2|| HJC||Glass River Rescue

She looks at the note and shakes her head, “Everyone has to make ends meet sometimes, even a prestigious Pathfinder lodge. We occasionally sell off texts from our collection, which explains this note. Also It would also require my approval, which I recall I didn’t give for anything related to Pathfinders or an open road. This smacks of a theft, rather than a sale.”

She thinks for a moment, and then asks, "The Open Road Pact? I've not heard it prior to today, is it related to city ordinance on road infrastructure/buildling?"

With regards to the statues, it would seem odd to her that your findings would specifically trigger the statues...


Male human wizard 5 | HP 49/53 | AC 20 | F: +10, R: +12, W: +11 | Focus 1, Hero Points 1 | Perception +9 | Spell DC 21, attack +11 | Melee +1 striking staff +8 (2d4B) | Ranged attacks: +10

Ezren rubs his beard in irritation at these new mysteries. Missing books? Slimy money? Foundational agreements for our organization lost to the mists of time? Tedious, but I suppose such is the life of a Pathfinder. Better that this task fall to us than to some other, less qualified, group.

"Hmmmm. In retrospect, it did seem as though the statues only moved to attack when we found the note relating to this sale. As it appears to have been somewhat improper, perhaps we should speak with the senior archivist who made the note, this Igrigi Lokar?"


Merisiel Female CN Whisper Elf Rogue 5 | HP 56/56 | AC 22 | F: +9 R: +13 W: +11 | Perc: +11 Stealth: +13 | Speed 35 ft | Low-light Vision | Active Conditions:

"There was a signed note attached... From one Igrigi Lokar. Does this name ring a bell?" Merisiel thinks about what she saw from her high perch when the statues activated. "We were making use of an enchanted table to help us, we may have been trying to access some locked glass-fronted shelves, but that was an hour before, and... beyond that, I'm not sure what could've activated them. We were all split up across different sections of the archive."


Female Human Barbarian 05 | HP 83/83 | AC 22 | Fort +12 Ref +10 Will +9 | Perc +9 (11) | Athletics +13 | Speed 25' | Melee +14/+9/+4 (2d8+4 or 2d8+10) | Ranged +12 (1d6+4) | Hero Points 01 | Conditions -

"Has anyone figured out anything yet?" Amiri asks, yawning.

51 to 100 of 268 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Batpony's Gameday VIII PF2e [1-0] Origin of the Open Road All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.