GM Batpony's Gameday VIII PF2e [1-0] Origin of the Open Road (Inactive)

Game Master Batpony

Maps & Handouts


201 to 250 of 268 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | next > last >>
Liberty's Edge

OR || OR2|| HJC||Glass River Rescue

Good news is that these creatures are easy to hit, bad news is immune to crits! Though, with that said 12 misses.

Merisiel and Valeros adapt their fighting styles in light of recent developments attempting not to exacerbate the situation with sharp weapons. The fighter attempts to push back on the creature attempting to eat him whole, and does it with some success, but the creature still persist to squeeze the life out of the human!

constrict: 1d8 + 7 + 1d6 ⇒ (8) + 7 + (4) = 19
constrict: 1d8 + 7 + 1d6 ⇒ (4) + 7 + (5) = 16
constrict: 1d8 + 7 + 1d6 ⇒ (6) + 7 + (6) = 19

Valeros, please make 3 basic fortitude saves vs constrict! DC26.

Persistent DC15: 1d20 ⇒ 13

The other black pudding attempts to do the same towards the rogue.

pseudopod: 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (16) + 18 = 34 B+ACid: 2d8 + 7 + 2d6 ⇒ (4, 8) + 7 + (3, 2) = 24 Grabbed
Crit,B+ACid: 2d8 + 7 + 2d6 ⇒ (5, 2) + 7 + (6, 1) = 21
constrict: 1d8 + 7 + 1d6 ⇒ (1) + 7 + (1) = 9
constrict: 1d8 + 7 + 1d6 ⇒ (7) + 7 + (5) = 19

Merisiel, please make 2 basic fortitude saves vs constrict! DC26.

~~~
Round 2/3

Valeros -22-? (Grabbed)
Black Pudding Blue -28, Red -71 (3 persistent)
Merisiel -35-? (Grabbed) Rest of Party!


Neutral Good | Male | Human (Skilled) | Fighter | 5 | HP 78 | AC 23 | F +12 R +11 W +10 | Perc +10 | Stealth + 2 | Speed 25 | Radiant Oath |

Let's get them dice a rollin'!

Fort: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (5) + 12 = 17

Fort: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (9) + 12 = 21

Fort: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (14) + 12 = 26

Valeros grunts in pain as the acidic constriction of the monstrosity easily penetrates his armor and burns his skin badly. He grits his teeth and makes a heroic effort to strike the creature as hard as he can before he collapses from the agony meaning if he is going down for sure next round.

Longsword (blunt): 1d20 + 16 - 4 ⇒ (18) + 16 - 4 = 302d8 + 4 ⇒ (3, 5) + 4 = 12

Shield Boss: 1d20 + 12 - 2 ⇒ (20) + 12 - 2 = 302d6 + 4 ⇒ (3, 1) + 4 = 8

Longsword (blunt): 1d20 + 16 - 4 - 10 ⇒ (18) + 16 - 4 - 10 = 202d8 + 4 ⇒ (2, 7) + 4 = 13

Depending on the rolls there may be a Hero Point spent


Male human wizard 5 | HP 49/53 | AC 20 | F: +10, R: +12, W: +11 | Focus 1, Hero Points 1 | Perception +9 | Spell DC 21, attack +11 | Melee +1 striking staff +8 (2d4B) | Ranged attacks: +10

@GM - just making sure you saw I retconned Ezren's actions to cast Electric Arc instead of Ray of Frost, doing 12 points of electrical damage to each of the split puddings (DC 21 Reflex save).

Tracing arcane symbols in the air with his hands, Ezren again calls out "Regenboog van bliksem!" A band of lightning flashes between the twin black puddings, with a roar of thunder washing over the Pathfinders a moment later.

Electric Arc, DC 21: 3d4 + 4 ⇒ (2, 4, 1) + 4 = 11

Liberty's Edge

OR || OR2|| HJC||Glass River Rescue
Tusk’s Ezren wrote:
@GM - just making sure you saw I retconned Ezren's actions to cast Electric Arc instead of Ray of Frost, doing 12 points of electrical damage to each of the split puddings (DC 21 Reflex save).

Yessir, their reflex saves were rolled in my previous post and damage applied in that post.

Valeros first blunted strike at the ooze turns it into pure mush and causes it to wither back into the sludgy waters in which it came from.

Valeros is at -66 hp

Blue is down after Valeros's first action. So let me know if Valeros and Ezren want to retcon those actions.


Merisiel Female CN Whisper Elf Rogue 5 | HP 56/56 | AC 22 | F: +9 R: +13 W: +11 | Perc: +11 Stealth: +13 | Speed 35 ft | Low-light Vision | Active Conditions:

Fortitude: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (12) + 9 = 21
Fortitude: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (17) + 9 = 26

I belive that 24+21+9 puts me at 2 HP, then the last Constrict puts me at dying 1

Recovery check: 1d20 ⇒ 5

Make that dying 2

Merisiel shreiks at the hiss of acid on her skin and armor, before being cut short by a constricting tentacle of ooze. By all appearances, she is unconscious.


Female Human Barbarian 05 | HP 83/83 | AC 22 | Fort +12 Ref +10 Will +9 | Perc +9 (11) | Athletics +13 | Speed 25' | Melee +14/+9/+4 (2d8+4 or 2d8+10) | Ranged +12 (1d6+4) | Hero Points 01 | Conditions -

As the creature splits Amiri curses but does not stop her assault. Taking an hint from Valeros she decides to use the flat of her blade though...

Attack roll: 1d20 + 14 - 4 ⇒ (20) + 14 - 4 = 30Damage roll: 2d12 + 10 ⇒ (1, 5) + 10 = 16

Attack roll: 1d20 + 9 - 4 ⇒ (2) + 9 - 4 = 7Damage roll: 2d12 + 10 ⇒ (7, 10) + 10 = 27

Attack roll: 1d20 + 4 - 4 ⇒ (9) + 4 - 4 = 9Damage roll: 2d12 + 10 ⇒ (11, 8) + 10 = 29

5 ft step then Full attack


Neutral Good | Male | Human (Skilled) | Fighter | 5 | HP 78 | AC 23 | F +12 R +11 W +10 | Perc +10 | Stealth + 2 | Speed 25 | Radiant Oath |

These are the actions in place of the two that were negated by the creature's death

Valeros drops his longsword on the pavement and pulls out a Lesser Elixir of Life and drinks it.

Lesser Elixir of Life: 3d6 + 6 ⇒ (2, 1, 2) + 6 = 11


Female NG Human Cleric 5 | HP 48/48 | AC 22 | F: +9 R: +9 W: +13 | Perc: +13 | Speed 25 ft | Active Conditions:

Momentarily uncertain whether to keep on attacking the ooze with fire, or saving her friend, Kyra's benign nature takes over. Merisiel is an old friend, and she is still in danger.

Again, Kyra prays for Saranrae. This time, the flames that fly from her hands are warm and gentle, full of life-giving force. The flames soar through the air to cover the elf, and in so they burn the wounds close, and wash away the acid.

1 action to move, 2 actions to cast ranged version of Heal
Healed hp: 3d8 + 24 ⇒ (7, 7, 6) + 24 = 44


"Fumbus" CN male charhide goblin alchemist 5 | HP 56/56 | AC 22 | F +11 R +13 W +7 | Perc +7 | Stealth +13 | speed 25 | Active Conditions: ---

"Merisiel!" Fumbus shrieks as he sees the rogue fall. He hurls alchemist's fire with both hands at the ooze.

Attack: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (1) + 11 = 12
Damage: 2d8 + 1 ⇒ (5, 8) + 1 = 14

Attack: 1d20 + 11 - 5 ⇒ (19) + 11 - 5 = 25
Damage: 2d8 + 1 ⇒ (1, 3) + 1 = 5


Male human wizard 5 | HP 49/53 | AC 20 | F: +10, R: +12, W: +11 | Focus 1, Hero Points 1 | Perception +9 | Spell DC 21, attack +11 | Melee +1 striking staff +8 (2d4B) | Ranged attacks: +10

Sorry to miss posting yesterday - jammed at the office. Yes, let's retcon Ezren's attack to Ray of Frost, to try to avoid that Reflex save. It would keep the same damage roll as Electric Arc.

Spell Attack vs red, Ray of Frost: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (4) + 11 = 15

Liberty's Edge

OR || OR2|| HJC||Glass River Rescue

A myriad of attacks using flat blades, frost rays, alchemical fire hit the creature from every angle possible! The oversized blob wobbles violently but still stands and refuses to let go of the badly wounded elf! Kyra turns to her deity to bestow healing upon the unconcious elf, forcing her to open her eyes once more in the heat of the fight.

constrict: 1d8 + 7 + 1d6 ⇒ (2) + 7 + (3) = 12
constrict: 1d8 + 7 + 1d6 ⇒ (6) + 7 + (1) = 14
constrict: 1d8 + 7 + 1d6 ⇒ (2) + 7 + (3) = 12

Merisiel, please make 3 basic fortitude saves vs constrict! DC26. Unless you roll really badly on all the aves, looks like you'll have another round to fight!

~~~
Round 3/4

Valeros -55 (Grabbed)
Black Pudding Blue -60
Merisiel -12 (Grabbed/wounded 1)


Neutral Good | Male | Human (Skilled) | Fighter | 5 | HP 78 | AC 23 | F +12 R +11 W +10 | Perc +10 | Stealth + 2 | Speed 25 | Radiant Oath |

Is Valeros still Grabbed? I thought he would not have been since the closest critter is dead and the still living one is out of reach from Valeros.

If he is not Grabbed, Valeros picks up his longsword and uses two move actions to get closer to the thing. If he is Grabbed, Valeros will make attacks.

He should have made attacks last round if he was Grabbed and could Strike.


Merisiel Female CN Whisper Elf Rogue 5 | HP 56/56 | AC 22 | F: +9 R: +13 W: +11 | Perc: +11 Stealth: +13 | Speed 35 ft | Low-light Vision | Active Conditions:

Fort: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (3) + 9 = 12
Fort: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (20) + 9 = 29
Fort: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (4) + 9 = 13

Rut row. I rolled really badly on two of the saves. 44-24-0-24. Dying 3 (wounded 1 plus crit fail on a save).

Recovery check: 1d20 ⇒ 15

Dying 2

Merisiel gasps when she feels healing energy flow through her, then shreiks again as the tentacles squeeze the life from her. She manages to wriggle her arms between herself and the tentacles for the second contraction, but the third overwhelms her, and she lapses into unconsciousness again.

Liberty's Edge

OR || OR2|| HJC||Glass River Rescue
Valeros Pregen 5 wrote:

Is Valeros still Grabbed? I thought he would not have been since the closest critter is dead and the still living one is out of reach from Valeros.

If he is not Grabbed, Valeros picks up his longsword and uses two move actions to get closer to the thing. If he is Grabbed, Valeros will make attacks.

He should have made attacks last round if he was Grabbed and could Strike.

My mistake, Valeros is not grabbed anymore. Forgot to remove that condition when the last creature attacking him went out.


Female Human Barbarian 05 | HP 83/83 | AC 22 | Fort +12 Ref +10 Will +9 | Perc +9 (11) | Athletics +13 | Speed 25' | Melee +14/+9/+4 (2d8+4 or 2d8+10) | Ranged +12 (1d6+4) | Hero Points 01 | Conditions -

Amiri raises her blade again and smashes the flat part into the gelatinous monster again, and again, and again...

1d20 + 14 - 4 ⇒ (18) + 14 - 4 = 28Damage roll: 2d12 + 10 ⇒ (7, 6) + 10 = 23

1d20 + 9 - 4 ⇒ (15) + 9 - 4 = 20Damage roll: 2d12 + 10 ⇒ (6, 8) + 10 = 24

1d20 + 4 - 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 - 4 = 3Damage roll: 2d12 + 10 ⇒ (11, 1) + 10 = 22

Liberty's Edge

OR || OR2|| HJC||Glass River Rescue

Amiri wrestles the ooze with the flat of her blade and eventually wears it down enough that it sinks right back into the emulsion from which it rose from. After waiting for a few seconds, no more creature seems to emerge from the waste indicating that the coast is now clear.

Combat Over! Am going to go ahead and open up the next area to help speed things up, we're close to the end gang. Go ahead and do your healing as required. Merisiel - dying 2, Valeros -55

Further ahead from the area, you find a small chamber. Area B3. This room appears to be a combination alchemy lab and bedchamber. Two narrow beds line the north wall, partially concealed by hanging curtains. Equipment-laden tables stand against the west and east walls. To your pleasant surprise, the pervasive chemical tang of the sewer is absent here; this room instead smells faintly of spices and tobacco.

At a glance, you find on the tables are several scattered notes on crafting golems and creating oozes.

DC 20 Arcana or Occultism:

The notes are all experimental dead ends. Taking some time to search the room, you realize the books stolen from Nexus House aren’t in this room; in fact, the only book here is a treatise titled “Living on the Shore of the Sentient Sea.” Which does come with some form of receipt indicating it was legitimately purchased from the Pathfinder Archives.

Two everburning torches provide light to this room. Among the alchemical equipment here are two lesser tanglefoot bags, a lesser elixir of life, and a magical dagger that seems to be attached to some kind of fancy contraption. To remove the dagger is a Thievery or Occultism check

Arcana DC 20:

Dagger of Venom

~~~

Exploration tactics for next part after this - Unless I'm told otherwise that you're changing

Valeros - Searching
Kyra - Searching
Merisiel - Searching
Ezren - Detecting Magic
Fumbus - Sneaking
Amiri - Scouting

Map updated! At this time don't worry about the cavernous corridor, it leads to the same place and does not add anything to the scenario, it's a shortcut to avoid the ooze but you do have to go through the hazard.


Male human wizard 5 | HP 49/53 | AC 20 | F: +10, R: +12, W: +11 | Focus 1, Hero Points 1 | Perception +9 | Spell DC 21, attack +11 | Melee +1 striking staff +8 (2d4B) | Ranged attacks: +10

Unless someone needs his lesser elixir of life, Ezren is useless at healing (seriously, why would he train in Religion instead of Medicine?).

"Note to self: avoid sewers under alchemist's shops in the future," Ezren mutters once the ooze is destroyed.

Once the party moves into the next room - the wizard certainly isn't the first to enter - he quickly examines the notes and, once he has read them all, the dagger and related contraption.

Arcana (notes): 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (3) + 13 = 16

"Blast! Whoever wrote these notes has terrible handwriting! I can't make heads nor tails from this ... this ... chicken scratch! Fumbus, Kyra, can either of you make any sense out of this?"

Ezren slaps the papers back onto the table in frustration. He stalks over to the dagger and glares at it.

Arcana (dagger & contraption): 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (12) + 13 = 25

"Oh, this. It's a dagger of venom. Useful, but I suppose it might be dangerous to pull it out of this thing it's connected to. Merisiel, would you like to do the honors?"


Female Human Barbarian 05 | HP 83/83 | AC 22 | Fort +12 Ref +10 Will +9 | Perc +9 (11) | Athletics +13 | Speed 25' | Melee +14/+9/+4 (2d8+4 or 2d8+10) | Ranged +12 (1d6+4) | Hero Points 01 | Conditions -

Sounds fancy, but I'm not much of a dagger-girl..." Amiri notes sounding utterly serious.

Noit much that Amiri can do here I'm afraid


"Fumbus" CN male charhide goblin alchemist 5 | HP 56/56 | AC 22 | F +11 R +13 W +7 | Perc +7 | Stealth +13 | speed 25 | Active Conditions: ---

Fumbus rushes to the elf and pours an elixir down her throat. The alchemical compounds breath life back into her. He sniffs the empty bottle and says, "Maybe cherry-flavored next time."

Lesser elixir of Life: 3d6 + 6 ⇒ (1, 1, 2) + 6 = 10
Lesser Elixir of Life for Merisiel. We probably want to spend some time doing Treat Wounds.


Merisiel Female CN Whisper Elf Rogue 5 | HP 56/56 | AC 22 | F: +9 R: +13 W: +11 | Perc: +11 Stealth: +13 | Speed 35 ft | Low-light Vision | Active Conditions:

Merisiel is up at wounded 2 and 10 hp. She is trained in medicine but does not have healer's tools.

Merisiel groans. She rubs her temples and opens her eyes to see Fumbus looming over her. "Thank you, Fumbus. I'm not sure what you're talking about, but cherry sounds delightful." She licks her lips. Checking herself over, she pulls out her own lesser elixir of life and downs it.

lesser elixir of life: 3d6 + 6 ⇒ (3, 4, 4) + 6 = 17

Seeing herself still covered in cuts and bruises, she asks, "Does anyone have any bandages?"

------

Upon hearing Ezren mention the dagger, Merisiel's eyes gleam. She looks over the contraption, and attempts to remove the dagger.

Thievery (expert): 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (13) + 13 = 26


Female NG Human Cleric 5 | HP 48/48 | AC 22 | F: +9 R: +9 W: +13 | Perc: +13 | Speed 25 ft | Active Conditions:

"We should take a moment to recover from our wounds." Kyra says, sprinting toward the fallen rogue.

"Merisiel, lie still, and let me tend to you wounds. Valeros, you too, come here."

The cleric takes some bandages and assortment of ointments from her backpack, and starts treating the deadly wounds of the two adventurers.

With Ward medic, Kyra can Treat Wounds for two targets

Treat Merisiel, Medicine, DC 20: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (11) + 13 = 24
HP recovered: 2d8 + 10 ⇒ (7, 2) + 10 = 19 and wounded condition removed
Treat Merisiel, Medicine, DC 20: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (7) + 13 = 20
HP recovered: 2d8 + 10 ⇒ (7, 1) + 10 = 18

If we can use the 10 minutes for healing, that is...


Neutral Good | Male | Human (Skilled) | Fighter | 5 | HP 78 | AC 23 | F +12 R +11 W +10 | Perc +10 | Stealth + 2 | Speed 25 | Radiant Oath |

"We definitely need to heal up before moving onward. That...thing was pretty tough. I wonder what other horrors we will run into?"

He looks at Ezren. "Ezren, be sure to let us know all you can about anything else we run into. We don't want to create more of those monstrosities. This one almost killed us."

Valeros pulls out his last Lesser Elixir of Life and drains it down.

Lesser Elixir of Life: 3d6 + 6 ⇒ (1, 4, 1) + 6 = 12

He then moves over to where Kyra tends Merisel.


"Fumbus" CN male charhide goblin alchemist 5 | HP 56/56 | AC 22 | F +11 R +13 W +7 | Perc +7 | Stealth +13 | speed 25 | Active Conditions: ---

While Kyra heals the others, Fumbus sets up a makeshift lab and begins brewing some strange concoctions. After a few minutes, has three more alchemist's fire vials.

Advanced Alchemy with his bomber benefit.

Liberty's Edge

OR || OR2|| HJC||Glass River Rescue
Kyra 2E wrote:


With Ward medic, Kyra can Treat Wounds for two targets

Did you mean to treat Valeros with the second roll? As I understand Ward Medic, you can treat two targets with a single roll. As oppose to treat the same target twice, Merisiel is still limited to the single check in an hour.

On my count, Valeros has healed 30hp, being short 15hp and Merisiel has healed 46hp, being short 10hp.

After her recovery, Merisiel is able to safely disable the contraption to obtain the dagger.

Would the party like to continue? Or spend another hour of downtime healing?


Male human wizard 5 | HP 49/53 | AC 20 | F: +10, R: +12, W: +11 | Focus 1, Hero Points 1 | Perception +9 | Spell DC 21, attack +11 | Melee +1 striking staff +8 (2d4B) | Ranged attacks: +10

Ezren would definitely prefer that our martials be fully healed!


Female NG Human Cleric 5 | HP 48/48 | AC 22 | F: +9 R: +9 W: +13 | Perc: +13 | Speed 25 ft | Active Conditions:

Yes, the second roll was meant for Valeros (copy-paste error there). I'm not sure whether I need to roll for each target with Ward medic, or use one roll for all. Ward medic: "You’ve studied in large medical wards, treating several patients at once and tending to all their needs. When you use Treat Disease or Treat Wounds, you can treat up to two targets."

Edit: And if we're in no particular hurry, we can wait for an hour and heal again

If we do wait for a secound round of treating wounds:

Treat Merisiel, Medicine, DC 20: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (6) + 13 = 19 sorry, nope
Treat Valeros, Medicine, DC 20: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (20) + 13 = 33
HP recovered, crit: 4d8 + 10 ⇒ (5, 5, 2, 1) + 10 = 23


Merisiel Female CN Whisper Elf Rogue 5 | HP 56/56 | AC 22 | F: +9 R: +13 W: +11 | Perc: +11 Stealth: +13 | Speed 35 ft | Low-light Vision | Active Conditions:

There was a lesser elixir of life on the table that Valeros can take, and Merisiel will down her last one in her inventory. That way we're not spending an hour.

Lesser Elixir of Life: 3d6 + 6 ⇒ (4, 6, 6) + 6 = 22

Merisiel imbibes her final healing potion and feels back at 100%.


Neutral Good | Male | Human (Skilled) | Fighter | 5 | HP 78 | AC 23 | F +12 R +11 W +10 | Perc +10 | Stealth + 2 | Speed 25 | Radiant Oath |

Valeros downs the Lesser Elixir of Life and hopes the rolls are higher than the last two.

Lesser Elixir of Life: 3d6 + 6 ⇒ (2, 4, 3) + 6 = 15

Thanks for point that out. I missed that.

Valeros shakes his head and grips his longsword tightly. "Let's go!"


Female Human Barbarian 05 | HP 83/83 | AC 22 | Fort +12 Ref +10 Will +9 | Perc +9 (11) | Athletics +13 | Speed 25' | Melee +14/+9/+4 (2d8+4 or 2d8+10) | Ranged +12 (1d6+4) | Hero Points 01 | Conditions -

"Right, let's go! I'm getting bored!" Amiri snorts as she clutches her gigantic sword.


Male human wizard 5 | HP 49/53 | AC 20 | F: +10, R: +12, W: +11 | Focus 1, Hero Points 1 | Perception +9 | Spell DC 21, attack +11 | Melee +1 striking staff +8 (2d4B) | Ranged attacks: +10

"Hmph! I've been waiting for all of you."

Liberty's Edge

OR || OR2|| HJC||Glass River Rescue

The group carefully moves deeper into the sewers and finds themselves within an extremely large area of the sewers. This large, vaulted chamber is filled with a shallow pool of greenish slurry and is ringed by a stone walkway. Large inflow passages to the east and south add slow rivulets of sludge to the pool, which drains lazily away to the northwest. An enormous metal contraption, 20 feet in diameter, with gears and hoses assembled in a multitude of parts stands in the middle of the pool. Four round legs support the machine, and several hoses slurp the slurry in the pool. The contraption chugs and hums ominously.

Two humans, and a doll the size of a dog seems to be standing around working on the machine. The humans, who you presume are the Ohrlavis, are tall, wiry Garundi twins with high cheekbones and dark skin pockmarked with acid scars from long years of alchemical toil. Both of them have long, dark luscious hair that shines in the reflection of the torches decorating the chamber. Bijan wears his hair in two thick braids while Zaynap wears hers high on her head in an untidy bun. The twins both wear studded leather armor with straps and hooks to hold an array of alchemical tools and vials of alchemical weapons. The doll is a stout, fleshy doll made of pale clay. It has rough facial features and an unfinished appearance, including several warts and rough knots.

The twins clearly look unhappy as they observe your arrival! Bijan shouts, "Get out of hear or we'll have to use force!"

They are immediately presumed hostile and go into combat, most always everyone gets into combat but if you prefer to do something different here let me know.

The textual description of the doll and the pictorial that both come from the scenario book are a bit conflicting, I believe the text is a better representation even from a stat block vs the pictorial. He has no sword/weapon.

Kn. Arcana for identifying the doll and Kn. Society for the Alchemist.

Initiative:

Amiri,Perception: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (6) + 9 = 15
Ezren,Perc: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (14) + 9 = 23
Kyra,Perc: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (13) + 13 = 26
Merisiel,Perc: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (4) + 11 = 15
Valeros, Perception: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (10) + 10 = 20
Fumbus,Perc: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (8) + 7 = 15
Orhlavi's: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (2) + 11 = 13
Doll: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (18) + 8 = 26

~~~

Combat Round 1

Kyra
Doll
Ezren, Amiri, Merisiel, Fumbus, Valeros
Orhlavi's


Female NG Human Cleric 5 | HP 48/48 | AC 22 | F: +9 R: +9 W: +13 | Perc: +13 | Speed 25 ft | Active Conditions:

Arcana: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (15) + 0 = 15
Society: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (17) + 0 = 17

"We would like to ask you some questions about the Open Road Pact. Will you stand down, and answer?" Kyra asks.

Seeing the hostility in the eyes of the Ohrlavi twins, the cleric prepares for the worst and prays for Saranrae's blessing.

cast Bless - everyone in 5ft emenation gains +1 status bonus to attack rolls

Liberty's Edge

OR || OR2|| HJC||Glass River Rescue

Kyra's quick glance at the doll is enough to inform her that the doll is one infused with fragments of a creature's soul gibing it sentient life.

On the other hand, the Orhlavi's are trained alchemist to the book.

Mechanically they are of the alchemist class and don't have any unique variations.

The soulbound doll looks around the room and eagerly waits without making any funny movements.

~~~

Combat Round 1

Kyra
Doll (Ready Action)
Ezren, Amiri, Merisiel, Fumbus, Valeros

Orhlavi's


Neutral Good | Male | Human (Skilled) | Fighter | 5 | HP 78 | AC 23 | F +12 R +11 W +10 | Perc +10 | Stealth + 2 | Speed 25 | Radiant Oath |

Valeros uses his actions to move into position while demanding that they surrender or face old fashioned justice.


Male human wizard 5 | HP 49/53 | AC 20 | F: +10, R: +12, W: +11 | Focus 1, Hero Points 1 | Perception +9 | Spell DC 21, attack +11 | Melee +1 striking staff +8 (2d4B) | Ranged attacks: +10

Ezren steps up to the room's entrance so he can see what's going on.

Arcana: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (16) + 13 = 29
Society: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (10) + 13 = 23

Just in case there's any more info to get.

"Oh, bother. Let me see, what do they say in those copper-piece novels Valeros is so fond of? Ah, yes. Ahem!"

The aging wizard puts on an over-the-top gangster accent. "Say, that's a pretty fancy piece of machinery you got there. Sure would be a shame if somebody ... fireballed it."

Returning to his normal voice, he adds, "Just back up a step and do what the lady tells you, please."

I think two Recall Knowledge checks and a Stride are his actions for the round. If Ezren still has an action left (for example, if the movement is considered pre-combat positioning), he casts Shield (heightened to level 3).


Merisiel Female CN Whisper Elf Rogue 5 | HP 56/56 | AC 22 | F: +9 R: +13 W: +11 | Perc: +11 Stealth: +13 | Speed 35 ft | Low-light Vision | Active Conditions:

Merisiel clutches her rapier, which she would have refused to move without, and steps around to the other side of the alchemists.

Her politeness is thinly veiled behind strained words.

"We just want to talk about a document we've been seeking. However, if you use force, so will we."

She attempts to intimidate the alchemists into backing down.

Intimidation (T): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (9) + 7 = 16

I believe that's two strides and Demoralize, since we're in initiative.


"Fumbus" CN male charhide goblin alchemist 5 | HP 56/56 | AC 22 | F +11 R +13 W +7 | Perc +7 | Stealth +13 | speed 25 | Active Conditions: ---

Fumbus approaches, but stays towards the wall. "You do a'chemy, yes? Me too! Maybe we talk about your work and share? You make the doll? That's fun!" He pulls out a vials of liquid ice to show them that he is also an alchemist.

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (6) + 8 = 14


Female Human Barbarian 05 | HP 83/83 | AC 22 | Fort +12 Ref +10 Will +9 | Perc +9 (11) | Athletics +13 | Speed 25' | Melee +14/+9/+4 (2d8+4 or 2d8+10) | Ranged +12 (1d6+4) | Hero Points 01 | Conditions -

"Your choice is easy: surrender or die. And just for the record, I'm ok if you choose to die here"

Intimidation check: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (17) + 13 = 30

Amiri advances and places herself in front of teh duo of miscreants her giant sword in hand, ready to rage and dimsmember the thiefs...

Liberty's Edge

OR || OR2|| HJC||Glass River Rescue

Ezren takes a second look at the machine and realizes soon, that it's tougher than it looks (Hardness 12) but even worse is the potential horror and nature of the machine. This protoplasmic extruder draws in the arcane slurry from Quantium’s sewers and magically transforms the slurry into dangerous oozes.

Disable Occultism DC 22 (expert) twice or Thievery DC 24 (expert) causes it to lose its action on its next turn. Two successes (or one critical success) disables it completely. Dispel magic (3rd level; counteract DC 20) causes the protoplasmic extruder to lose its action on its next turn but never disables it. Alternatively the machine can be destroyed by raw force but it's got hardness and a considerably good amount of HP.

The alchemical pair shakes off most of the threats hurled towards them but are visibly shaken when Amiri and her weapon comes face to face to them. However, Bijan yells in response to your threats, "You'll never take us alive!" And moves further back into the sewers hurling alchemical flask at the barbarian. As the bottles break on her skin, lightning crackles and shocks the warrior! Merisiel feels a slight shock from the lightning as well.

moderate bottled lightning, frightened 2: 1d20 + 16 - 2 ⇒ (14) + 16 - 2 = 28 Electricity: 2d6 ⇒ (5, 4) = 9
moderate bottled lightning, frightened 2: 1d20 + 11 - 2 ⇒ (11) + 11 - 2 = 20 Electricity: 2d6 ⇒ (3, 6) = 9

Meanwhile, the twin sister named Zaynap, begins to mutter a short verbal command before retreating back like her brother. She then hurls a single flask towards Valeros, zapping the human fighter.

moderate bottled lightning, frightened 2: 1d20 + 16 - 2 ⇒ (9) + 16 - 2 = 23 Electricity: 2d6 ⇒ (1, 6) = 7

Valeros can make an AoO.

?: 1d8 ⇒ 1

Suddenly, the machine begins to churn loudly, and seems to be slurp the slurry around. Out of one of it's sides an ooze like creature emerges and forms. It begins to attack the nearest goblin!

cube face: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (12) + 11 = 23 Acid: 1d6 ⇒ 4 Plus Paralysis
cube face: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (16) + 6 = 22 Acid: 1d6 ⇒ 1 Plus Paralysis

DC20 Fortitude to avoid paralysis

~~~

Combat Round 2

Kyra (Bless 10ft)
Doll (Ready Action/Frightened 2)
Ezren, Amiri -14, Merisiel -10, Fumbus -5, Valeros -7
Orhlavi's (Frightened 1)
Machine
Ooze (Occultism to identify)


Neutral Good | Male | Human (Skilled) | Fighter | 5 | HP 78 | AC 23 | F +12 R +11 W +10 | Perc +10 | Stealth + 2 | Speed 25 | Radiant Oath |

Valeros does what he does best when a reaction is triggered; he swings at the triggering person or thing.

longsword: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (18) + 16 = 342d8 + 4 ⇒ (1, 7) + 4 = 12


Female NG Human Cleric 5 | HP 48/48 | AC 22 | F: +9 R: +9 W: +13 | Perc: +13 | Speed 25 ft | Active Conditions:

"The machine! Try to shut it down!" Kyra shouts, realising in horror what the contraption is able to do.

The cleric advances carefully further into the room, and prays for Saranrae to unleash a ray of fire to get rid of the machine-created ooze.

Fire ray: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (14) + 11 = 25
fire damage: 6d6 ⇒ (2, 4, 5, 2, 1, 3) = 17


Female Human Barbarian 05 | HP 83/83 | AC 22 | Fort +12 Ref +10 Will +9 | Perc +9 (11) | Athletics +13 | Speed 25' | Melee +14/+9/+4 (2d8+4 or 2d8+10) | Ranged +12 (1d6+4) | Hero Points 01 | Conditions -

I'm unclear on why Amiri suffered 14 hps of damage, the second bottle missed her I think and if it hit she should have -18hp

On her turn:
Amiri roars in anger rage and slashes twice against the male alchemist! Move and 2 attacks

Attack roll 01: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (7) + 14 = 21Damage roll: 2d12 + 10 ⇒ (4, 12) + 10 = 26

Attack roll 02: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (12) + 9 = 21Damage roll: 2d12 + 10 ⇒ (12, 6) + 10 = 28


"Fumbus" CN male charhide goblin alchemist 5 | HP 56/56 | AC 22 | F +11 R +13 W +7 | Perc +7 | Stealth +13 | speed 25 | Active Conditions: ---

Fort Save: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (2) + 11 = 13

The goblin seems to avoid most of the acid, but suddenly he feels his arms becoming very heavy. Before he can call out, his body stops responding.


Merisiel Female CN Whisper Elf Rogue 5 | HP 56/56 | AC 22 | F: +9 R: +13 W: +11 | Perc: +11 Stealth: +13 | Speed 35 ft | Low-light Vision | Active Conditions:

On her turn:
Merisiel gives her all to disable the machine.
Thievery: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (19) + 13 = 32Oops, disable a device is two actions. I suppose I'll have to try again next round[/dice]
She is able to jar the mechanics, but it appears this has only slowed the machine down.
[ooc]No third action, because I can't think of anything useful to do.


Male human wizard 5 | HP 49/53 | AC 20 | F: +10, R: +12, W: +11 | Focus 1, Hero Points 1 | Perception +9 | Spell DC 21, attack +11 | Melee +1 striking staff +8 (2d4B) | Ranged attacks: +10

Posting now because I may be tied up until late tonight.

On my turn:
"Don't let them get away!"

Ezren hurries in the room, shouting everything he could understand about the machine. He stops in front of Kyra and, calling out a few words of arcane power, spreads the fingers of his hand wide. A cone of flame erupts from his fingertips, engulfing the jelly-like cube and barely missing the paralyzed goblin.

I'll move my token when initiative gets to Ezren. The wizard casts Burning Hands, doing 2d6 fire damage to the cube subject to a DC21 basic Reflex save.

Fire damage: 2d6 ⇒ (3, 1) = 4

Liberty's Edge

OR || OR2|| HJC||Glass River Rescue
Amiri Slayer of Kin wrote:

I'm unclear on why Amiri suffered 14 hps of damage, the second bottle missed her I think and if it hit she should have -18hp

Splash: On a failure (but not a critical failure), the target of the attack still takes the splash damage.

Before Zaynap could act, Valeros reacts with a well timed swing to injured the alchemist badly. The sword cuts deep into her thighs, and causes her bleed profusely.

Kyra realises the dangers the ectoplasmic machine created ooze poses and turns her attention to destroy it through a divine fire blast! The slow moving gelatinous cube is easy to hit, but only it's outer slime melts away, looking like it barely took a hit.

The doll begins to retaliate by turning on Kyra, waddling it's little hands and legs in and waving them furiously. Fortunately, his small stature allows Kyra to merely avoid him by taking a step back!

fist: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (1) + 10 = 11B: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6
fist: 1d20 + 10 - 4 ⇒ (3) + 10 - 4 = 9B: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4

Ezren follows Kyra's lead and dives into combat releasing a cone of fire from his palm. The Ooze barely moves and get's caught in the burn, but still looks relatively healthy.

Ooze reflex: 1d20 ⇒ 4

Amiri strong arms Bijan with some powerful strikes while under the effects of rage.

Amiri hits exactly thanks to the frighten 1 status!

Fumbus can still take recall knowledge actions if he wishes to while he is paralyzed.

Ezren, you might be able to get your burning hands to also target the doll, let me know...

~~~

Combat Round 2

Kyra (Bless 10ft)
Doll (Ready Action/Frightened 1)
Ezren, Amiri -14, Merisiel -10, Fumbus -5, Valeros -7
Orhlavi's Zaynap -24 Bijan -54
Machine (1 success/disabled for 1 round)
[ooc]Ooze (Occultism to identify) -25


Neutral Good | Male | Human (Skilled) | Fighter | 5 | HP 78 | AC 23 | F +12 R +11 W +10 | Perc +10 | Stealth + 2 | Speed 25 | Radiant Oath |

Valeros moves into a spot where he can strike both of the twins if one goes down on his first swing.

Sensing that Zaynap needs assistance in getting killed, Valeros aims to oblige her by attacking mercilessly via his Double Slice feat. Hey, he gave her a chance to surrender!

Longsword: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (20) + 16 = 362d8 + 4 ⇒ (5, 4) + 4 = 13

Shield Boss: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (8) + 14 = 222d6 + 4 ⇒ (4, 4) + 4 = 12

Valeros has Fighter Weapon Mastery (Swords) and looks to have critically hit her with the longsword. She is flat-footed until the start of Valeros' next turn.


"Fumbus" CN male charhide goblin alchemist 5 | HP 56/56 | AC 22 | F +11 R +13 W +7 | Perc +7 | Stealth +13 | speed 25 | Active Conditions: ---

Occultism: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 4 = 15
Occultism: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (15) + 4 = 19
Occultism: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6

Fumbus patiently spends time trying to understand the ooze while his body fails to respond.

Liberty's Edge

OR || OR2|| HJC||Glass River Rescue

Valeros strikes strong, hard enough to critically wound the alchemist, but she remains stupidly valiant and refuses to give up!

Crit: 2d8 + 4 ⇒ (7, 4) + 4 = 15

After being shocked, Fumbus attempts to recall things he would know about the ooze called the gelatinous cube. It does not have the ability to split apart like the black pudding, but it is clearly immune to acid, critical hits, mental, precision, unconscious and visual effects.

The alchemical pair take a guarded step backwards and continues hurling alchemical components at the Pathfinders. Acid covers Valeros and Amiri as the bottles smashes against them.

Vs Valeros
moderate acid flask, frightened 1: 1d20 + 16 - 1 ⇒ (17) + 16 - 1 = 32 Damage = 1, Splash 5, and persistent 2d6
moderate Frost vial, frightened 1: 1d20 + 16 - 1 - 5 ⇒ (9) + 16 - 1 - 5 = 19Cold: 2d6 ⇒ (5, 6) = 11 Splash 5, and -10 ft speed for 1 round.

Vs Amiri
moderate acid flask, frightened 1: 1d20 + 16 - 1 ⇒ (20) + 16 - 1 = 35 Damage = 1, Splash 5, and persistent 2d6
moderate Frost vial, frightened 1: 1d20 + 16 - 1 - 5 ⇒ (8) + 16 - 1 - 5 = 18Cold: 2d6 ⇒ (2, 2) = 4 Splash 5, and -10 ft speed for 1 round.

The ooze attacks and attempts to engulf Fumbus and Kyra by moving through them!

cube face vs Fumbus: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (18) + 11 = 29 Acid: 1d6 ⇒ 6 Plus Paralysis (DC20 Fortitude)

Fumbus and Kyra are being engulfed!

Engulf:
Any creature of the monster’s size or smaller whose space the monster moves through can attempt a Reflex save with the listed DC (19) to avoid being engulfed. A creature unable to act automatically critically fails this save. If a creature succeeds at its save, it can choose to be either pushed aside (out of the monster’s path) or pushed in front of the monster to the end of the monster’s movement. The monster can attempt to Engulf the same creature only once in a single use of Engulf. The monster can contain as many creatures as can fit in its space.

A creature that fails its save is pulled into the monster’s body. It is grabbed, is slowed 1, and has to hold its breath or start suffocating. The creature takes the listed amount of damage when first engulfed and at the end of each of its turns while it’s engulfed. An engulfed creature can get free by Escaping against the listed escape DC. An engulfed creature can attack the monster engulfing it, but only with unarmed attacks or with weapons of light Bulk or less. The engulfing creature is flat-footed against the attack. If the monster takes piercing or slashing damage equaling or exceeding the listed Rupture value from a single attack or spell, the engulfed creature cuts itself free. A creature that gets free by either method can immediately breathe and exits the swallowing monster’s space.

Engulf: DC19 Reflex save to avoid, and if fail you also have to DC20 Fortitude to avoid paralysis.

Fumbus, forgot to mention you could have attempted a new saving throw at the end of your turn.

~~~

Combat Round 3

Kyra (Bless 10ft)
Doll (Ready Action/Frightened 1)
Ezren, Amiri -16 (2d6 persistent), Merisiel -10, Fumbus -5, Valeros -8 (2d6 persistent)
Orhlavi's Zaynap -74 Bijan -54
Machine (1 success/disabled for 1 round)
Ooze -25


Female NG Human Cleric 5 | HP 48/48 | AC 22 | F: +9 R: +9 W: +13 | Perc: +13 | Speed 25 ft | Active Conditions:

Reflex: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (12) + 9 = 21

Kyra sees the gelatinous cube approaching and manages to keep her distance to it. She draws her scimitar, and delivers two swift blows to cut some jelly of the main body.

Choosing to be "pushed in front of the monster to the end of the monster’s movement"

Scimitar,bless: 1d20 + 11 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 11 + 1 = 26
damage: 2d6 + 3 ⇒ (5, 3) + 3 = 11
Scimitar, bless: 1d20 + 11 + 1 - 5 ⇒ (11) + 11 + 1 - 5 = 18
damage, forceful: 2d6 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (2, 6) + 3 + 1 = 12

The first attack could be a crit, in 1e GC's had pretty bad AC...

201 to 250 of 268 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Batpony's Gameday VIII PF2e [1-0] Origin of the Open Road All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.