The Meridian Parallel - Cursebreakers

Game Master Uret Jet

The Meridian Parallel | Setting Document
Ulnswhere
Wind's Edge
In-game Date: 1/21/320 7Ag (1 days passed)

Current Map: N/A

Initiative Order: Out of Combat


401 to 450 of 452 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

Female Human Bard 1/Cleric 1 | HP 14/14 | AC: 17, T: 14, FF: 13 | Fort: +2, Ref: +5, Will: +5 | BAB: +0, Melee +3, Ranged +3, CMB: +2, CMD: 15, | Init: +3 | Perception: +6

"We have some rather urgent business. We'd like to break into the schedule if at all possible."

Diplomacy:
1d20 + 7 ⇒ (4) + 7 = 11

Sometime next month would work...


Male Human Starving Artist 12, Freeloader 2

You dobt need to roll diplomacy foe that, it's a perfectly reasonable request.

"Ermm... Alright, I think I can slot you in to visit a representative." The woman says, writing down something in the book. "Can I please get your names first?"


Male Psychic 2 | HP 12 | AC 12 (16 w/ mage armor) T 12 FF 10 | Fort +0 Ref +2 Will +3 | Init +2 | Perc +5

”Alasayn vun Alushir, thrice-assumed inheritor of house Alushir, Lower Post-Margrave of Yulthinth, and adept-psychic, officially licensed by the Emperor of Osknia himself, through fifteen emissaries of course.”


Male Human Starving Artist 12, Freeloader 2

Her shoulders stiffen at his title. "A-a member of the Osknian court-? You have business here of all places?"


Ioun Kineticist 2 | HP 23/23 | Force Ward 2/2 | AC: 20, T: 14, FF: 16 | Fort: +7, Ref: +6, Will: +1 | BAB: +1, CMB: +3, CMD: 13, | Init: +3 | Perception: +9 | 7/7 Burn

"That's a super long name," Dawn said with her eyes wide. After a moment, she added, "And I'm Dew-in-the-Dawnlight. Everyone calls me Dawn."


Male Half-Orc Fighter 1/Rogue 1 HP 21/21, AC19/T13/F16, Saves F+4/R+4/W+2, Perc +6, Init +4

Kaliban Atreyu... of the Peerless Wastelands.


Female Human - Northland Tribeswoman Fighter (Polearm Master) 2 | HP 16/20 | AC17+ T13+ F14 CMD17+ | F+4 R+4 W+1 | Init+5 | Perc+1 SM+7 | 5/5 AoOs

"Hildeborg Kjolvordotter. Why does it matter? You should only care about our names after we have given you stories to tell of us."


Female Human Bard 1/Cleric 1 | HP 14/14 | AC: 17, T: 14, FF: 13 | Fort: +2, Ref: +5, Will: +5 | BAB: +0, Melee +3, Ranged +3, CMB: +2, CMD: 15, | Init: +3 | Perception: +6

"And I," dramatic pause "am Emma Jane Corvid, Associate of Lyrics."


Male Human Starving Artist 12, Freeloader 2

R-right," the young woman stutters, diligentely writing down your names and manner of visit inside a register. In a rush she stands up, her eyes nervously fltting over to the undine as she speaks."I'll be right back with a propper representative, if you could please have a sest in the mea time, this will only take a few minutes."

With a stiff bow to the group she hugs the book to her chest and quickly departs through a side-door.

Let me know if you're waiting or want to do so ething in particular.


Male Half-Orc Fighter 1/Rogue 1 HP 21/21, AC19/T13/F16, Saves F+4/R+4/W+2, Perc +6, Init +4

The kid wasn't wrong... This fish's colors mean something. Kaliban tosses his head towards Alasayn.

As I see it, were either getting the royal treatment or beheaded... Though, from my limited understanding of history, the two are not... What is the term? Mutually exclusive. He chuffs, pleased with himself.


Female Human - Northland Tribeswoman Fighter (Polearm Master) 2 | HP 16/20 | AC17+ T13+ F14 CMD17+ | F+4 R+4 W+1 | Init+5 | Perc+1 SM+7 | 5/5 AoOs

"So, we . . . wait? Here?" Hilde looks about the space, clearly not comfortable with the setting.


Female Human Bard 1/Cleric 1 | HP 14/14 | AC: 17, T: 14, FF: 13 | Fort: +2, Ref: +5, Will: +5 | BAB: +0, Melee +3, Ranged +3, CMB: +2, CMD: 15, | Init: +3 | Perception: +6

"Evidently," says Emma Jane, visibly surprised that worked.


Ioun Kineticist 2 | HP 23/23 | Force Ward 2/2 | AC: 20, T: 14, FF: 16 | Fort: +7, Ref: +6, Will: +1 | BAB: +1, CMB: +3, CMD: 13, | Init: +3 | Perception: +9 | 7/7 Burn

Dawn rummaged in her over stuffed backpack again and pulled some waved paper out. Popping open the seal, she ate a bit of the contents before offering it around. "Chocolate?"


Male Human Starving Artist 12, Freeloader 2

After a few minutes, the party indulging in the offered chocolate or otherwise, the young woman returns through where she left now accompanied by another. By her stiff forma posture, you imagine them to be of some importance. This seemingly important man is an older human perhaps in his fifties with greying black hair that cuts off just after his shoulders. He wears a blue hooded tunic with long flowing lavender robes underneath. Various herbs and bottles line his belt, reminding Dawn of some of the druids she had known earlier in life. Hanging around his neck is a golden medallion with an interesting symbol of four semi-circles facing towards the party's left, looking as if it were a swirl slashed horizontally.

He looks towards the group with a soft expression that seems natural upon his features, though they can't help but note he's mostly looking to Alasayn. "Ah, so you are our unexpected guests. Miss. Reynolds informs me that you have some urgent business with us, so I felt I should introduce myself firsthand."

The man presses his hands together as if in prayer and bows shallowly to the group while maintaining eye-contact. "I am Stormcaster Petyr Alwin, I oversee most of our dealings with the common populace, such as assigning weather-smiths to local farms."


Male Half-Orc Fighter 1/Rogue 1 HP 21/21, AC19/T13/F16, Saves F+4/R+4/W+2, Perc +6, Init +4

Kaliban inclines his torso, respectful without being an official bow.

This should be good... The half-orc pops a chocolate into his mouth and chews slowly.

With a hand on Hildeborg's shoulder, he motions that they should step back and watch.


Female Human - Northland Tribeswoman Fighter (Polearm Master) 2 | HP 16/20 | AC17+ T13+ F14 CMD17+ | F+4 R+4 W+1 | Init+5 | Perc+1 SM+7 | 5/5 AoOs

Hilde stands there, wondering if she should have taken a piece of chocolate. Is the chocolate still out? If it is, can she reach it without having to force Dawn to share with the weather-smith? Probably not . . ..


Male Psychic 2 | HP 12 | AC 12 (16 w/ mage armor) T 12 FF 10 | Fort +0 Ref +2 Will +3 | Init +2 | Perc +5

”Well, it is a pleasure to meet you. As mentioned before, I am Alasayn vun Alushir. I shall save you my full title for our business is urgent. We have heard of a missive calling for a group of adventurers to end the curse on this land. We seek exactly that. If you have any insight into the nature of the curse, it would be most appreciated.”


Male Human Starving Artist 12, Freeloader 2

The druid's face looses some of it's softness. "The Wind-scorn. Yes, I know of it. Any Weathersmith worth their craft knows of the curse, but our research into it is our own. We don't simply hand this out to would-be-cursebreakers. Matters such as that require a delicate touch, one does not rush."


Ioun Kineticist 2 | HP 23/23 | Force Ward 2/2 | AC: 20, T: 14, FF: 16 | Fort: +7, Ref: +6, Will: +1 | BAB: +1, CMB: +3, CMD: 13, | Init: +3 | Perception: +9 | 7/7 Burn

"So how do we learn a delicate touch?" Dawn asked with a tilt of her head. "Will you teach us? I promise we won't rush."


Male Half-Orc Fighter 1/Rogue 1 HP 21/21, AC19/T13/F16, Saves F+4/R+4/W+2, Perc +6, Init +4

Oh... Kaliban elbows Hildeborg, gently. ...we can be delicate.

Lowering his voice to a whisper, Chocolate? I took two. He offers the second piece discreetly.


Female Human - Northland Tribeswoman Fighter (Polearm Master) 2 | HP 16/20 | AC17+ T13+ F14 CMD17+ | F+4 R+4 W+1 | Init+5 | Perc+1 SM+7 | 5/5 AoOs

She nods. "Nothing says delicate like carefully sitting people down to rest, am I right?" She looks at him as he makes the offer, hesitates, but then takes the piece of candy. "Thank you." She pops it in her mouth, rolls it around on her tongue for a second before letting it sit and slowly start dissolving . . .. As it starts to soften up, she quietly sighs.


Male Half-Orc Fighter 1/Rogue 1 HP 21/21, AC19/T13/F16, Saves F+4/R+4/W+2, Perc +6, Init +4

Keeping his voice hushed, Repose... I have heard that word.

But, what is this... tsho-ko-lut? I have not had it before. Strange, but good.


Female Human Bard 1/Cleric 1 | HP 14/14 | AC: 17, T: 14, FF: 13 | Fort: +2, Ref: +5, Will: +5 | BAB: +0, Melee +3, Ranged +3, CMB: +2, CMD: 15, | Init: +3 | Perception: +6

How long has the curse been in place?


Male Human Starving Artist 12, Freeloader 2

Petyr clasps his hands behind him, keeping his posture straight and authoritative. "Unless you intend to tell me each of you are spellcasters with inclination towards weather magic, fully intent on joining our ranks... We are not currently looking to adopt any trainees into our ranks at this time either, not in this location at least."


Ioun Kineticist 2 | HP 23/23 | Force Ward 2/2 | AC: 20, T: 14, FF: 16 | Fort: +7, Ref: +6, Will: +1 | BAB: +1, CMB: +3, CMD: 13, | Init: +3 | Perception: +9 | 7/7 Burn

Dawn slumped a little, her Ioun Stones drooping down a little too. "No, I can't cast the weather spells. But what can we do?"


Female Human Bard 1/Cleric 1 | HP 14/14 | AC: 17, T: 14, FF: 13 | Fort: +2, Ref: +5, Will: +5 | BAB: +0, Melee +3, Ranged +3, CMB: +2, CMD: 15, | Init: +3 | Perception: +6

"Correct me if I'm wrong, but your efforts have been in mitigating the damage from the curse, not finding it's origin and dispelling it. As this curse is now spreading to my land, and we have not the benefit of experts like you, I'd like to see this curse gone, before suffering commences."


Female Human - Northland Tribeswoman Fighter (Polearm Master) 2 | HP 16/20 | AC17+ T13+ F14 CMD17+ | F+4 R+4 W+1 | Init+5 | Perc+1 SM+7 | 5/5 AoOs

"Don't know. Sweet. Bitter. Smooth. Nice."


Male Human Starving Artist 12, Freeloader 2

"Truth told, I don't know of the efforts being attempted by our dedicated researchers, all we do here ourselves is maintain the delicate balance of nature and provide rainfall for the locale farmland." He declares, crossing his arms in front of him while his brow pinches in frustration.

"Though this news you bring. Are you telling the truth, that there is a climate shift within Elinlitroi as well?"


Male Half-Orc Fighter 1/Rogue 1 HP 21/21, AC19/T13/F16, Saves F+4/R+4/W+2, Perc +6, Init +4

Kaliban steps forward. Perhaps, what we have here... is a failure to communicate.

We are happy to escort one of your member to Elinlitroi, to speak first hand with this Duke that commissions the effort. Then, you know... Crazy things happen like sharing information, cooperation and we...

Kaliban indicates the group. ...then, end this Curse. Suddenly feeling very self conscious, Kaliban is at a loss for words.

They can explain it better. The half-orc circles with his fingers, grouping Alasayn and Emma.

Stepping back, I should learn to keep my mouth shut, really... Then he raised his voice, For a nominal fee, of course. Or maybe the Linlit Duke will reimburse you.


Ioun Kineticist 2 | HP 23/23 | Force Ward 2/2 | AC: 20, T: 14, FF: 16 | Fort: +7, Ref: +6, Will: +1 | BAB: +1, CMB: +3, CMD: 13, | Init: +3 | Perception: +9 | 7/7 Burn

"The big crown people there are throwing around lots of the yellow coins, so that tells you it's serious I think." Dawn was more concerned with the communities already effected, but stopping more areas being affected couldn't be a bad thing. Could it?


Male Human Starving Artist 12, Freeloader 2

"No, no... I will speak to the Weathermaster about this. She would be the one to know about these matters." Petyr states, resolute.


Female Human Bard 1/Cleric 1 | HP 14/14 | AC: 17, T: 14, FF: 13 | Fort: +2, Ref: +5, Will: +5 | BAB: +0, Melee +3, Ranged +3, CMB: +2, CMD: 15, | Init: +3 | Perception: +6

"Thankyou," Emma Jane says, acknowledging Petyr's efforts. She finds it concerning that the people who are in charge of maintaining status quo on this curse do not know about the change in situation.


Male Half-Orc Fighter 1/Rogue 1 HP 21/21, AC19/T13/F16, Saves F+4/R+4/W+2, Perc +6, Init +4

Does she have a name, this... Weathermistress? I suppose this is what it's like to be civilized. Like peeling an onion.

I'm fond of crunching them, ehem... ever so delicately. Kaliban smiles sheepishly,


Male Human Starving Artist 12, Freeloader 2

"Weathermaster Evans. None of you are locale, and your lack of experience regarding our expertise of magic lends me the impression you don't know much about how the Guild operates. I'm merely a department head, where as the Weathermaster- or Weathermistress, you're correct. They oversee our operations here as a whole. Each town with a tower is headed by one, appointed by the council situated at our headquarters in Lorval." Petyr felt to elaborate.

He smooths out his robes, lips tightly pressed together between speaking. "I can't guarantee you'll ever have the change to meet with her properly, she can't afford to meet the populace for any one thing, but you may come here tomorrow at around this time and I wil speak with you again."

With a pointed look to the young weathersmith still clutching a book to her chest, she hastily nods and pulls it open, writing with due diligence. "Appointment is set for you tomorrow at 4:00 PM, master Stormcaster."

After a nod to her, he turns to your group with a quirked brow. "Acceptable?"


Ioun Kineticist 2 | HP 23/23 | Force Ward 2/2 | AC: 20, T: 14, FF: 16 | Fort: +7, Ref: +6, Will: +1 | BAB: +1, CMB: +3, CMD: 13, | Init: +3 | Perception: +9 | 7/7 Burn

Dawn scooted closer to Emma. "Is that good?"


Male Psychic 2 | HP 12 | AC 12 (16 w/ mage armor) T 12 FF 10 | Fort +0 Ref +2 Will +3 | Init +2 | Perc +5

”I believe that should work. We have little else to do.”


Female Human - Northland Tribeswoman Fighter (Polearm Master) 2 | HP 16/20 | AC17+ T13+ F14 CMD17+ | F+4 R+4 W+1 | Init+5 | Perc+1 SM+7 | 5/5 AoOs

"No. He just gave himself a second chance to tell us that we're not important enough to bother the person who can actually talk about what we should be trying to get done. I don't think that's good at all. I think that's a self-important blowhard refusing to see past building up his own self-image!

Diplomacy? What's that?


Male Half-Orc Fighter 1/Rogue 1 HP 21/21, AC19/T13/F16, Saves F+4/R+4/W+2, Perc +6, Init +4

Perhaps we bring about a unique circumstance. Kaliban tries to assuage Hildeborg.


Female Human Bard 1/Cleric 1 | HP 14/14 | AC: 17, T: 14, FF: 13 | Fort: +2, Ref: +5, Will: +5 | BAB: +0, Melee +3, Ranged +3, CMB: +2, CMD: 15, | Init: +3 | Perception: +6

"Quite acceptable," Emma Jane said more loudly than normal, trying to override Hildeborg's rather brusque assessment of the situation. It was not optimal, but it was the best we were likely to achieve, given our standing (or lack thereof) here.


Male Human Starving Artist 12, Freeloader 2

Petyr chooses to ignore the Northlander, for the sake of maintaining civility. With a dismisive nod to both them and the young woman who worked the desk, he turned on his foot and left without another word. She likewise bows hwr heads towards them before retaking her seat the desk, fidgeting all the while. You get the impression she's trying to seem professional while you're here, but would rather get back to her book.

Is there anything else you'd like to do within the guild before leaving?


Male Half-Orc Fighter 1/Rogue 1 HP 21/21, AC19/T13/F16, Saves F+4/R+4/W+2, Perc +6, Init +4

Kaliban moves to the desk. He asks the young lady...

I'm sorry, but, did we come at a bad time or step on toes?


Male Human Starving Artist 12, Freeloader 2

Hmm... Toss a diplomacy roll for me please. I'll allow two assist attempts.


Male Half-Orc Fighter 1/Rogue 1 HP 21/21, AC19/T13/F16, Saves F+4/R+4/W+2, Perc +6, Init +4

diplomacy: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8


Male Half-Orc Fighter 1/Rogue 1 HP 21/21, AC19/T13/F16, Saves F+4/R+4/W+2, Perc +6, Init +4

Help... diplomacy, fading... *cough*


Ioun Kineticist 2 | HP 23/23 | Force Ward 2/2 | AC: 20, T: 14, FF: 16 | Fort: +7, Ref: +6, Will: +1 | BAB: +1, CMB: +3, CMD: 13, | Init: +3 | Perception: +9 | 7/7 Burn

"I try not to step on people's toes," Dawn said consideringly, "I'm heavier than I look. I'm sorry if I stepped on your toes. I didn't mean to."

Diplomacy (Aid Another): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (3) + 7 = 10


Male Human Starving Artist 12, Freeloader 2

Well, a second assist won't make much difference now.

"Erhm... Please just leave matters relating to the weather to us." The woman says, ducking her head slightly to dismiss your group.

With her dismissal, she responds to no other questions other then to assist that you please vacate the premise. Your group once again finds itself outside in the stale air of a cursed land, outside the magically filtered atmosphere that was within. It hasn't been much more then half an hour, and there's still a fair amount of daylight left before dusk.


Male Half-Orc Fighter 1/Rogue 1 HP 21/21, AC19/T13/F16, Saves F+4/R+4/W+2, Perc +6, Init +4

Outside:

Kaliban is thoughtful. Unfortunate. I apologize if I've made things worse. I've seen this type of behavior before...

When people can't figure something out, they assume no one else can. It's sad, because so much more can be accomplished with an open mind.

But, something did occur to me... We are not here to control the weather, but to remove a curse. They are not unrelated, but they are not... the same.

After a pause, Should we secure lodging here, or away from these Weathersmiths, back across the water?


Ioun Kineticist 2 | HP 23/23 | Force Ward 2/2 | AC: 20, T: 14, FF: 16 | Fort: +7, Ref: +6, Will: +1 | BAB: +1, CMB: +3, CMD: 13, | Init: +3 | Perception: +9 | 7/7 Burn

Dawn shrugged. "I don't think they'll care where we sleep."


Female Human Bard 1/Cleric 1 | HP 14/14 | AC: 17, T: 14, FF: 13 | Fort: +2, Ref: +5, Will: +5 | BAB: +0, Melee +3, Ranged +3, CMB: +2, CMD: 15, | Init: +3 | Perception: +6

"We have to return tomorrow, and I have no other appointments. Might as well be here. But then, there is 'The Grillford' that was recommended to us back across."


Female Human - Northland Tribeswoman Fighter (Polearm Master) 2 | HP 16/20 | AC17+ T13+ F14 CMD17+ | F+4 R+4 W+1 | Init+5 | Perc+1 SM+7 | 5/5 AoOs

"It makes no difference. The snooty little worm will bring us back just to refuse to help. We will be better served starting our explorations."

401 to 450 of 452 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / The Meridian Parallel - Cursebreakers All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.