The Meridian Parallel - Cursebreakers

Game Master Uret Jet

The Meridian Parallel | Setting Document
Ulnswhere
Wind's Edge
In-game Date: 1/21/320 7Ag (1 days passed)

Current Map: N/A

Initiative Order: Out of Combat


501 to 531 of 531 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | next > last >>

Ioun Kineticist 2 | HP 23/23 | Force Ward 2/2 | AC: 20, T: 14, FF: 16 | Fort: +7, Ref: +6, Will: +1 | BAB: +1, CMB: +3, CMD: 13, | Init: +3 | Perception: +9 | 7/7 Burn

"That's OK, it was your leg that mostly got gnawed off," Dawn said cheerfully. She looked around the building, still confused as to why this fight had even happened. It seemed like the wolves had food.

Perception: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (12) + 9 = 21


Male Human Starving Artist 12, Freeloader 2

Dawn starts to look around the room in search of hidden interests, and she beleives she's foubd something. Around the room are various herbs and roots hung out to dry, one of them is a string of garlic that seems to be coated in drying blood. She examines it a little bit closer, and discovers that the garlic actually appears fake. Up on the ceiling wehere it hangs, there's` a thin seam. A disguised trap-door leading into the attic.


Male Half-Orc Fighter 2/Rogue 1 HP 23/32, AC19/T13/F16, Saves F+5/R+5/W+3, Perc +6, Init +4

Does anything look like it was hastily abandoned? A cup of tea, a warm bed or some such.

If there is no readily available means to the higher level, perhaps it's a hidey-hole. We should introduce ourselves after barging in, in the middle of the night.

It's only proper. They wouldn't listen to him, I'm certain it didn't increase his sense of trust.

A little Overlooked Mastermind RP.


Female Human - Northland Tribeswoman Fighter (Polearm Master) 3 | HP 24/28 | AC17+ T13+ F14 CMD18+ | F+5 R+6 W+3 | Init+5 | Perc+1 SM+8 | 5/5 AoOs

"If he's there, and aware, he already knows we were trying to rescue him. If he's not, well . . .. But, announce away!"

If no one else moves to do so, Hilde will move to open the trap door.


Ioun Kineticist 2 | HP 23/23 | Force Ward 2/2 | AC: 20, T: 14, FF: 16 | Fort: +7, Ref: +6, Will: +1 | BAB: +1, CMB: +3, CMD: 13, | Init: +3 | Perception: +9 | 7/7 Burn

"Why would you have fake Garlic and a hidden attic?" she asked the others, tugging the fake garlic.


Male Human Starving Artist 12, Freeloader 2

Though Dawn wishes to pull at the disguised pullcord, she finds that Hildeborg is a ta much more suitable height to accomplish the task. With a small amount of effort, it opens up and a wooden ladder slide downward with a thunk. There's no light upstairs, and you hear no sound either. On the ladder itself, you can see bloody handprints going up to the top.


Ioun Kineticist 2 | HP 23/23 | Force Ward 2/2 | AC: 20, T: 14, FF: 16 | Fort: +7, Ref: +6, Will: +1 | BAB: +1, CMB: +3, CMD: 13, | Init: +3 | Perception: +9 | 7/7 Burn

"Oh, that's probably not good." Dawn began to climb up. "Hello, is anyone up here?" Anyone alive, anyway. Maybe Emma should check them.


Male Human Starving Artist 12, Freeloader 2

Dawn ascends the ladder, finding herself in the cabin's attic, with only moonlight filtering in from the outside to bring normal visibility. It's a cramped space with numerous bookshelves over-filled with books, journals, scrolls, and loose parchment. On the far end in front of the window is a desk, filled with writing supplies, stones, and various other assorted research materials. Behind her opposite of the desk is a cot lined with straw and possessing only a simple threadbare blanket.

A man lays just in front of the cot, collapsing just a foot short of his destination. He lays face up, closed eyes with years of stress etched across them, his shoulder-length graying hair a wispy tangle that melds with a full beard of two inches. The clothes he wears are simple hide, and a larger bite wound is visible on his right side. His hands are pressed against the wound in an effort to stop the bleeding, and blood pools around him.

You'd think him dead with how still he lays, yet Dawn can still see his chest raise with the shallowest of breaths.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Female Human Bard 2/Cleric 1 | HP 19/19 | AC: 17, T: 14, FF: 13 | Fort: +2, Ref: +6, Will: +6 | BAB: +1, Melee +4, Ranged +4, CMB: +3, CMD: 16, | Init: +3 | Perception: +6

Emma Jane will follow Dawn up the ladder, going to examine the man on the floor. Rather than waste time with a heal check, Emma decided she's much better just trusting her gut.

Giving into the nightime
Is no cure for the pain
You gotta wade into the water
You gotta learn to live again
And reach out for my healing hands
Reach out for my healing hands
There's a light, where the darkness ends,
Touch me now; I'll help you feel again,
Touch me now; touch my gentle healing hands.

CLW


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Human Starving Artist 12, Freeloader 2

Really do love your lyrical accompaniments.

After the light fades, the half-elf takes a sharp intake of breath which quickly turns into a wracking cough. He turns to the side, spraying small globs of congealed blood onto his attic floor in his fit. It is only once his breathing steadies that his eyes slowly open, and regards his savior with forest-green eyes.

"You... Thank you. I owe you my life, whoever you are." With great effort, he manages to pull himself into a sitting position, and leans back against his cot. His wound was severe enough that it's not completely healed, but it is no long life-threatening as before.

One last deep intake of air as if to reassure himself that he still could, the hermit addresses those he can see. "The wolves, have they finally wandered off?"

Only Emma and Dawn are currently upstairs, as far as I can gather.


Female Human - Northland Tribeswoman Fighter (Polearm Master) 3 | HP 24/28 | AC17+ T13+ F14 CMD18+ | F+5 R+6 W+3 | Init+5 | Perc+1 SM+8 | 5/5 AoOs

Standing next to the ladder/stairs going up into the attic, Hilde hears the lyrical spell casting, even if she can't hear it well enough to understand the words, or the following conversation. "Guess he survived the attack, 'cause she wouldn't need magic if he was dead."


Male Half-Orc Fighter 2/Rogue 1 HP 23/32, AC19/T13/F16, Saves F+5/R+5/W+3, Perc +6, Init +4

A positive... note? Pleased with his own pun, Kaliban chuckles.

Are these things edible? He indicated the wolf things, with a thumb.


Female Human - Northland Tribeswoman Fighter (Polearm Master) 3 | HP 24/28 | AC17+ T13+ F14 CMD18+ | F+5 R+6 W+3 | Init+5 | Perc+1 SM+8 | 5/5 AoOs

"Should be. Might be a little tough, though, so a stew or some such would probably be best. Probably add some beets and carrots, or something else sweet, to try to hide the taste of combat they'll have, too."

Don't know that she would know it is a consequence of adrenaline, but she would know the meat tastes different after something that makes it flow!


Male Human Starving Artist 12, Freeloader 2

Does it really? Had no idea.


Ioun Kineticist 2 | HP 23/23 | Force Ward 2/2 | AC: 20, T: 14, FF: 16 | Fort: +7, Ref: +6, Will: +1 | BAB: +1, CMB: +3, CMD: 13, | Init: +3 | Perception: +9 | 7/7 Burn

Dawn leaned over the hole. "Hey, the guy is OK! He was kinda torn up and bleedy but Emma sang a really good song and now he's fine." Looking over to the guy, she added, "We kinda had to kill all the wolves. On the plus side, they won't bother you now. Think you can make it downstairs? We can tidy the place up a little and make something to eat if we can borrow the kitchen."


Male Human Starving Artist 12, Freeloader 2

Some of the light in his eyes dims, he shakes his head with a sigh. "A shame, but such is rhe natural cycle of our world. As for if I can make it down the ladder, well... Let's find out shall we?"

With great effort he makes his way to the trapdoor, with any help offered by Emma or Dawn greatly appreciated. Getting down the rungs is a minor challenge, but he managed the climb back up with a much more severe wound initially. Once downatairs he regards the slain beasts with sadness.

"Such poor creatures. The life of a plains wolf is difficult under the most ideal circumstances within this cursed land, they will try their hardest to never let their prey escape once found. I must've strayed too close to their den, these ones chased me the whole mile here. It's by the grace of our gods that I managed to survive as long as I did before one of them caught me in it's jaws."

He depoaists himself on one of the few upright chairs in the room, unable to hide his relief. "If you're going so far as to provide cooking and cleaning services, I'd at least like to know the name of my myaterious benefactors. I am Ellium Dorrior, one of the few druids in this area that actually care more about the imbalance of nature then a paycheck."


Female Human - Northland Tribeswoman Fighter (Polearm Master) 3 | HP 24/28 | AC17+ T13+ F14 CMD18+ | F+5 R+6 W+3 | Init+5 | Perc+1 SM+8 | 5/5 AoOs

"Hildeborg. Let's take the carcasses outside and start cleaning them." She grabs one and starts dragging it through the closest door.


Male Psychic 2 | HP 17 | AC 12 (16 w/ mage armor) T 12 FF 10 | Fort +2 Ref +4 Will +4 | Init +2 | Perc +5

"Well, I am Alasayn vun Alushir, thrice-assumed inheritor of house Alushir, Lower Post-Margrave of Yulthinth, and adept-psychic, officially licensed by the Emperor of Osknia. We have heard that there is some sort of reward for breaking the curse that steals the wind from this land, and as such we are here."


Male Half-Orc Fighter 2/Rogue 1 HP 23/32, AC19/T13/F16, Saves F+5/R+5/W+3, Perc +6, Init +4

Kaliban silently helps Hilde.


Ioun Kineticist 2 | HP 23/23 | Force Ward 2/2 | AC: 20, T: 14, FF: 16 | Fort: +7, Ref: +6, Will: +1 | BAB: +1, CMB: +3, CMD: 13, | Init: +3 | Perception: +9 | 7/7 Burn

"I'm Dew-in-the-Dawnlight," Dawn added as she wandered into the kitchen. "I thought it was super weird that wolves were attacking." Grabbing and dragging a chair over to the mortal sized counters. "OK...let's see what the wolves didn't eat." She began hunting around for food that was still good.

Perception: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (14) + 9 = 23


Male Human Starving Artist 12, Freeloader 2

"An avatar of nature, how rare for this nation," He muses to himself, watching the vine leshy wander into the kitchen. "Tell me, the plants that make up your form seem familiar to me. Mistwood, by chance?"

The kitchen is a mess overall, but it seems most the food in here wasn't suitable to their palate. Moat of what she finds leftover are dried grains and spices, with a fewtubers here amd there. Any meat he had stowed away has been eaten up by the wolves earlier, and most the fresh produces is at least partially chewed. Still, to an expert such as herself, Dawn imagines that with fresh wolf meat she could come up with a decent stew.


Ioun Kineticist 2 | HP 23/23 | Force Ward 2/2 | AC: 20, T: 14, FF: 16 | Fort: +7, Ref: +6, Will: +1 | BAB: +1, CMB: +3, CMD: 13, | Init: +3 | Perception: +9 | 7/7 Burn

"Yup!" Dawn replied cheerfully, starting to peel the tubers and pop them in a pot. "Apparently there was a thing with a lot of enchanted vines, and they decided that they would make great Leshy. I have a ton of siblings."

Since butchering an animal would take time, Dawn popped out some of her stash of dried meat and added that instead. Adding some of the herbs and spices, she hoped down and started it cooking.


Female Human Bard 2/Cleric 1 | HP 19/19 | AC: 17, T: 14, FF: 13 | Fort: +2, Ref: +6, Will: +6 | BAB: +1, Melee +4, Ranged +4, CMB: +3, CMD: 16, | Init: +3 | Perception: +6

"Emma Jane Corvid, Associate of Lyrics, at your service," Emma Jane curtsies toward him.

"As our friend Alasayn mentioned, we're looking to solve the problem of this curse. We were hoping you might have some information to help us along those lines."


Male Human Starving Artist 12, Freeloader 2

"A pleasure to meet you all in turn." He nods. When the smells of the kitchen reach his nose, he smiles mirthfully. "Really, it's all mine, if my nose is being honest..."

A sigh and a shake of his head, he turns his attention back to Alasyn and Emma. "I don't know anything about a reward, but the curse is something I'm more familiar with. My life's work. It's why I joined the 'Weathersmith's Guild' in the first place." From his lips, the name comes across as a deeply scathing insult. "You can see how that turned out for me in the end. Not everyone who works there does so with ill intention, but I firmly believe that the guild only exists to preserve the status quo rather then resolve the matter."


Ioun Kineticist 2 | HP 23/23 | Force Ward 2/2 | AC: 20, T: 14, FF: 16 | Fort: +7, Ref: +6, Will: +1 | BAB: +1, CMB: +3, CMD: 13, | Init: +3 | Perception: +9 | 7/7 Burn

"Why would they want to keep things the same? People don't have enough stuff in places." Dawn considered, and glared. "Is this a money thing again?"


Male Half-Orc Fighter 2/Rogue 1 HP 23/32, AC19/T13/F16, Saves F+5/R+5/W+3, Perc +6, Init +4

Power. The... money thing... is just a symptom, it comes along for the ride.

Imagine how important they are, now... Heck their name is Weathersmiths, they wouldn't exist if it wasn't for the curse. Kaliban shakes his head. I know the type. They are all the same.


Male Psychic 2 | HP 17 | AC 12 (16 w/ mage armor) T 12 FF 10 | Fort +2 Ref +4 Will +4 | Init +2 | Perc +5

"Though power and money are quite well and good, maintaining power under false pretenses is unacceptable."


Male Human Starving Artist 12, Freeloader 2

"I personally think that they're simply too complacent. You take a look out in that town, you see people with full bellies and a sunny disposition. It's like that for most of the plainsland area, as well as those along the bay and any strong bodies of water. Overall, this nation has recovered from the damage dealt to it when the curse started. Yet you're right. For as much good is being done where the guild operates, the peasantry who can't afford to move to these areas still suffer. Nature as a whole is still in disarray"

Ellium cuts off his rant, for risk of aggravating his wounds in his frustration. "You're not here to listen to me talk politics however. You want information. What I can give you depends on what you ask, there is much I could cover."


Male Half-Orc Fighter 2/Rogue 1 HP 23/32, AC19/T13/F16, Saves F+5/R+5/W+3, Perc +6, Init +4

This was meant for you... Kaliban produces the undelivered and unopened letter.

Perhaps we talk after you read it. Might change some of the answers or attitudes.


Male Human Starving Artist 12, Freeloader 2

Intrigued, he reaches to gingerly pluck the note from Kaliban's hand. Within momments after he's popped the wax seal and started to read his eyes alight, only to furrow the longer he reads. "It's just as the rumors say, the null-wind has started to spread beyond it's established boarders. My contact in the Falisuim Glade Circle has noticed the shifting weather patterns as early as mid-spring..."

He shifts through the papers inside, pulling out a topographical map. Numerous lines in varrying colors of ink trace the page, which he studies intently. "Concerning, very concerning indeed..."


Male Half-Orc Fighter 2/Rogue 1 HP 23/32, AC19/T13/F16, Saves F+5/R+5/W+3, Perc +6, Init +4

How do we stop it?

What aren't the Weathersmiths not understanding or refusing to take seriously?

Kaliban is blunt, itching for a lead.

501 to 531 of 531 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / The Meridian Parallel - Cursebreakers All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.