The Meridian Parallel - Cursebreakers

Game Master Uret Jet

The Meridian Parallel | Setting Document
Ulnswhere
Wind's Edge
In-game Date: 1/21/320 7Ag (1 days passed)

Current Map: N/A

Initiative Order: Out of Combat


251 to 300 of 392 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | next > last >>

Male Half-Orc Fighter 1/Rogue 1 HP 21/21, AC19/T13/F16, Saves F+4/R+4/W+2, Perc +6, Init +4

Must be the curse or something, I'm usually more resilient to venom... I feel very weak.

Maybe we deliver the letter... sealed, as it is. It's a lead and a local connection. He spares Mary a look.

Although he doesn't react to it, he seems interested in Emma Jane's reply to the goblin. Kneeling, here whispers to the dead.

Whatever your path your... mission, it was your time to cross over. Looks like you've each done well, rest now.

You brother, could have used a little more discipline and better yet a few more companions. I will deliver the letter, your mission shall be completed. Perhaps a little of your fate, shall become mine - for better or worse. Kaliban rises from addressing the dead Half-Orc.

It's clear, he's not used to being this weak or infirm in any manner.

Give Grickly, Prissca and Evelnass equal shares, they faced the danger and fought bravely. And, let's see about those chests down below.


female human Ranger (Sky Stalker) 2 | HP 20/20 | AC: 17(18), T: 13, FF: 14(15) | Fort: +4, Ref: +7, Will: +1 | BAB: +2, CMB: +6, CMD: 16, | Init: +5 | Percep: +6

Mary votes for giving the wee ones an even split of spider loot but questions doing so with the chests.


female human Ranger (Sky Stalker) 2 | HP 20/20 | AC: 17(18), T: 13, FF: 14(15) | Fort: +4, Ref: +7, Will: +1 | BAB: +2, CMB: +6, CMD: 16, | Init: +5 | Percep: +6

Mary hands the unknown oil from the evidence locker to Alasayn to identify.
He could easily do it taking 10.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Psychic 2 | HP 12 | AC 12 (16 w/ mage armor) T 12 FF 10 | Fort +0 Ref +2 Will +3 | Init +2 | Perc +5

Alasayn raises his eyebrows slightly at Kaliban's reverence to the dead, but says nothing of it. He then says, "I suppose we could give them a share of the loot. They did help us out, and we are somewhat imposing onto their home, even if it is just a temporary one. In any case, trying to open the chests could be a good idea. I must warn you though, one of the chests was...ah...dangerous. I tried to destroy the lock and it caught on fire. Some sort of...curse or other devilish contraption. No need for further investigation."


Male Human Starving Artist 12, Freeloader 2

Whenever the Undine does get a chance to investigate the Oil, he discovers it to be an Oil of Magic Weapon (CL 1).


Ioun Kineticist 2 | HP 23/23 | Force Ward 2/2 | AC: 20, T: 14, FF: 16 | Fort: +7, Ref: +6, Will: +1 | BAB: +1, CMB: +3, CMD: 13, | Init: +3 | Perception: +9 | 7/7 Burn

Dawn wondered how the oil had gotten out of her sack of plunder, but didn't care enough to find out.

"How much longer do we have before the ship leaves?" she asked as she looked for the sun. "We should probably go get some dinner soon. Hey, which bits of giant spider are edible? Betcha you can cook them in that crunchy armour stuff and it'll make the meat really delicate. Do spiders have meat? I've never tried."

Survivor (Edibility): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (15) + 8 = 23


Male Half-Orc Fighter 1/Rogue 1 HP 21/21, AC19/T13/F16, Saves F+4/R+4/W+2, Perc +6, Init +4

Anyone have the skills to harvest the venom? Might be worth more than everything else.


female human Ranger (Sky Stalker) 2 | HP 20/20 | AC: 17(18), T: 13, FF: 14(15) | Fort: +4, Ref: +7, Will: +1 | BAB: +2, CMB: +6, CMD: 16, | Init: +5 | Percep: +6
Kaliban the Forgotten wrote:
And, let's see about those chests down below.[/b]

"I'll lead you to them. You're good with locks, right?"

OOC: Seriously, you must be at like, +8 to +10?

Edit: As an aside over her shoulder as she heads downstairs, Mary says "We have till dawn. Let's get in a good meal and then return. You can use some of the charcoal from the trunk to make a good cooking fire. I bet these arachnids taste like lobster!"
OOC: I was under the impression Mary had Dawn bring her cooking kit.


female human Ranger (Sky Stalker) 2 | HP 20/20 | AC: 17(18), T: 13, FF: 14(15) | Fort: +4, Ref: +7, Will: +1 | BAB: +2, CMB: +6, CMD: 16, | Init: +5 | Percep: +6
Kaliban the Forgotten wrote:
Anyone have the skills to harvest the venom? Might be worth more than everything else.

Mary has modest Knowledge [nature], Heal and Survival ratings. ?


Male Human Starving Artist 12, Freeloader 2

While insect meat isn't usually particularly tasty, these types of spiders are edible soblong as you know which parts to avoid, which Dawn does. With her knowledge in cooking, she knows of a few techniques and spices from parts of the world where the practice of insect consumption is more common. It may be difficult with what she has on hand, but it's possible to make a good meal of them.

Whether or not you could convince your companions to eat it is another battle entirely.


Male Human Starving Artist 12, Freeloader 2

When dawn checks the window, she notices that the sun is almost completely beyond the horizon. She can still see the ship from high up in the tower, though it's hard to make out what anyone's currently doing onboard


female human Ranger (Sky Stalker) 2 | HP 20/20 | AC: 17(18), T: 13, FF: 14(15) | Fort: +4, Ref: +7, Will: +1 | BAB: +2, CMB: +6, CMD: 16, | Init: +5 | Percep: +6
Kaliban the Forgotten wrote:
Anyone have the skills to harvest the venom? Might be worth more than everything else.

I checked, you were right. While our characters may not know it, every dose of spider venom sells for half of 150 gp, maybe more for the big one.


Ioun Kineticist 2 | HP 23/23 | Force Ward 2/2 | AC: 20, T: 14, FF: 16 | Fort: +7, Ref: +6, Will: +1 | BAB: +1, CMB: +3, CMD: 13, | Init: +3 | Perception: +9 | 7/7 Burn

"If we wanna catch the boat we probably need to rush," Dawn said as she looked at the spiders. "I can probably get something tasty out the spiders, though. Oh, and some poison."


female human Ranger (Sky Stalker) 2 | HP 20/20 | AC: 17(18), T: 13, FF: 14(15) | Fort: +4, Ref: +7, Will: +1 | BAB: +2, CMB: +6, CMD: 16, | Init: +5 | Percep: +6
Dew in the Dawnlight wrote:
"If we wanna catch the boat we probably need to rush," Dawn said as she looked at the spiders. "I can probably get something tasty out the spiders, though. Oh, and some poison."

Who beside me is ready to Aid Another?

Well not ready ready; I'm currently showing Kaliban the chests.


female human Ranger (Sky Stalker) 2 | HP 20/20 | AC: 17(18), T: 13, FF: 14(15) | Fort: +4, Ref: +7, Will: +1 | BAB: +2, CMB: +6, CMD: 16, | Init: +5 | Percep: +6

When Mary gets there she checks both for traps. Perception 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (9) + 6 = 15 and 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (18) + 6 = 24.


Female Human Bard 1/Cleric 1 | HP 14/14 | AC: 17, T: 14, FF: 13 | Fort: +2, Ref: +5, Will: +5 | BAB: +0, Melee +3, Ranged +3, CMB: +2, CMD: 15, | Init: +3 | Perception: +6

Emma Jane, unaccustomed to real battle and the handling of deceased things, turns a distinct shade of green when people start tossing around the concept of dismembering spiders, let alone actually doing it.

Did we get someone to pick locks?

If not I'll throw a roll at it:
1d20 + 10 ⇒ (19) + 10 = 29


Male Human Starving Artist 12, Freeloader 2

The lock comes undone with ease, but to Mary and Emma's disappointment there seems to be nothing more then old spare uniforms in this one.


female human Ranger (Sky Stalker) 2 | HP 20/20 | AC: 17(18), T: 13, FF: 14(15) | Fort: +4, Ref: +7, Will: +1 | BAB: +2, CMB: +6, CMD: 16, | Init: +5 | Percep: +6
Emma Jane Corvid, A.L. wrote:

Emma Jane,

Did we get someone to pick locks?

If not I'll throw a roll at it:
1d20+10

Good, now can you get the second one? Idk if there's any taking 10? Of course IIRC you get free retries?


Male Human Starving Artist 12, Freeloader 2

There is no second chest. There was one that was smashed many years ago, the one that went up in flames, and the third which contained only uniforms.


Female Human Bard 1/Cleric 1 | HP 14/14 | AC: 17, T: 14, FF: 13 | Fort: +2, Ref: +5, Will: +5 | BAB: +0, Melee +3, Ranged +3, CMB: +2, CMD: 15, | Init: +3 | Perception: +6

"Well. At least I showed that lock what's what!" Emma Jane says smugly.


female human Ranger (Sky Stalker) 2 | HP 20/20 | AC: 17(18), T: 13, FF: 14(15) | Fort: +4, Ref: +7, Will: +1 | BAB: +2, CMB: +6, CMD: 16, | Init: +5 | Percep: +6

Mary says "Thanks anyway, E.J. I'm going up to help dissect spiders. Can you help with inspiring skilled tasks just like with combat prowess? This harvesting of venom is a tricky maneuver. Otherwise maybe you can start a cookfire with the charcoal from the first chest so It's nice and hot for when Dawn does the cooking?"


Male Half-Orc Fighter 1/Rogue 1 HP 21/21, AC19/T13/F16, Saves F+4/R+4/W+2, Perc +6, Init +4

A hidden compartment, perhaps...

I don't think Emma Jane is comfortable with the idea, maybe next time. Besides, we can't afford more people suffering from the poison.

His voice is low, he seems weak.

Perception, hidden compartment: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (13) + 6 = 19


Male Human Starving Artist 12, Freeloader 2

There are no hidden compartments within the chest, though Kaliban does notice a silver flask that was tucked away in a uniform's pocket. Popping it open and taking a whiff, he can detect the smell of strong alcohol.


Female Human Bard 1/Cleric 1 | HP 14/14 | AC: 17, T: 14, FF: 13 | Fort: +2, Ref: +5, Will: +5 | BAB: +0, Melee +3, Ranged +3, CMB: +2, CMD: 15, | Init: +3 | Perception: +6
Black Mary wrote:
Can you help with inspiring skilled tasks just like with combat prowess?

"One of my teachers back at the college could. Sadly, I did not master the technique. Maybe in the future..." Say, 2 more levels of bard?


Female Human - Northland Tribeswoman Fighter (Polearm Master) 2 | HP 16/20 | AC17+ T13+ F14 CMD17+ | F+4 R+4 W+1 | Init+5 | Perc+1 SM+7 | 5/5 AoOs

"Nothing here I care about, really. The guisarme is one of my specialty weapons, but there's really a limit to the number of polearms you can carry at a time if you want to be able to fight." She kicks spider pieces out of the walkway.

"How much more is there to look at? I would rather eat fish, again, than spider for dinner."


Male Psychic 2 | HP 12 | AC 12 (16 w/ mage armor) T 12 FF 10 | Fort +0 Ref +2 Will +3 | Init +2 | Perc +5

”I am in agreement with Hildeborg. I believe we’ve found what we came for here.”


female human Ranger (Sky Stalker) 2 | HP 20/20 | AC: 17(18), T: 13, FF: 14(15) | Fort: +4, Ref: +7, Will: +1 | BAB: +2, CMB: +6, CMD: 16, | Init: +5 | Percep: +6

"I'm fine for eating fish, but I want that poison. You guys can go back now; Dawn and I have this covered. You can make sure they don't leave without us."


Male Half-Orc Fighter 1/Rogue 1 HP 21/21, AC19/T13/F16, Saves F+4/R+4/W+2, Perc +6, Init +4

Although it was my idea, it's unwise without being properly equiped. The risk it unacceptable at this time. Kaliban is not arguing, but rather stating his opinion.

We can't afford more of us, suffering from the poison. But, this goal might hold a few doses of someone wants to drink the alcohol currently inside.


female human Ranger (Sky Stalker) 2 | HP 20/20 | AC: 17(18), T: 13, FF: 14(15) | Fort: +4, Ref: +7, Will: +1 | BAB: +2, CMB: +6, CMD: 16, | Init: +5 | Percep: +6
Kaliban the Forgotten wrote:

Although it was my idea, it's unwise without being properly equiped. The risk it unacceptable at this time. Kaliban is not arguing, but rather stating his opinion.

We can't afford more of us, suffering from the poison. But, this goal might hold a few doses of someone wants to drink the alcohol currently inside.

As I stated, "I'm willing to take the risk. I hope Dawn is too. Also, either everybody takes a swig or I dump the water out of my waterskin."


Male Psychic 2 | HP 12 | AC 12 (16 w/ mage armor) T 12 FF 10 | Fort +0 Ref +2 Will +3 | Init +2 | Perc +5

Alasayn huffs at Mary's proclamation before saying curtly, "By the gods, we've no need for such uncivilized substances. The boat may well have left by the time you're done faffing about with dead bugs, and I shall not be stranded here on a foolish impulse."


Ioun Kineticist 2 | HP 23/23 | Force Ward 2/2 | AC: 20, T: 14, FF: 16 | Fort: +7, Ref: +6, Will: +1 | BAB: +1, CMB: +3, CMD: 13, | Init: +3 | Perception: +9 | 7/7 Burn

Dawn looked confused. "I thought civilisation was all about poisoning things?" The Leshy shrugged. "I'll help harvest the spiders if we stay. Grandpa taught me not to waste what I kill if I can. The least you can do for the things you kill is give their death a purpose. But if I'm honest, I'd really rather not miss the boat. We already paid and it would be a waste if we leave it. Something else can eat the spiders."


female human Ranger (Sky Stalker) 2 | HP 20/20 | AC: 17(18), T: 13, FF: 14(15) | Fort: +4, Ref: +7, Will: +1 | BAB: +2, CMB: +6, CMD: 16, | Init: +5 | Percep: +6

Mary, with Kaliban's reminder, checked out a window to see where the Sun was.
She thinks to herself, we should probably return to the boat as others said. Maybe we can renegotiate for dawn from the Captain, maybe not.


female human Ranger (Sky Stalker) 2 | HP 20/20 | AC: 17(18), T: 13, FF: 14(15) | Fort: +4, Ref: +7, Will: +1 | BAB: +2, CMB: +6, CMD: 16, | Init: +5 | Percep: +6

Mary says, "How foolish of me. It's almost time. Yes, let's go and not miss the boat."
She quickly stows most of the loot in Celeste's pack saddle and leads the way out.
"Grickly, Prissca, and Evenlass, may the Gods shine upon you."


Male Human Starving Artist 12, Freeloader 2

As Mary is heading out, Grickly and the girls are standing by with Kaliban. "So,heading off then right? Well, we did some nice work, buuuuuut... I believe we were promised a little something something, eh?" The goblin asks, wriggling his eyebrows all the while.


female human Ranger (Sky Stalker) 2 | HP 20/20 | AC: 17(18), T: 13, FF: 14(15) | Fort: +4, Ref: +7, Will: +1 | BAB: +2, CMB: +6, CMD: 16, | Init: +5 | Percep: +6

I don't know who holds the gold, but if it's Mary, "Of course. Here's 17 pieces of gold for each of you."


Male Human Starving Artist 12, Freeloader 2

The goblin raises a brow, before glancing at the bulky satchel on Celeste. "You seem to be carrying a lot more on you then just nine shares of seventeen gold."


Ioun Kineticist 2 | HP 23/23 | Force Ward 2/2 | AC: 20, T: 14, FF: 16 | Fort: +7, Ref: +6, Will: +1 | BAB: +1, CMB: +3, CMD: 13, | Init: +3 | Perception: +9 | 7/7 Burn

Dawn lookjed at the Goblin. "You can have the spiders, if you like. We can't carry them anyway. Oh! Did you want some of the things we found downstairs? If you wanted those why didn't you go and get them before?" The leshy looked baffled at that idea.


Female Human Bard 1/Cleric 1 | HP 14/14 | AC: 17, T: 14, FF: 13 | Fort: +2, Ref: +5, Will: +5 | BAB: +0, Melee +3, Ranged +3, CMB: +2, CMD: 15, | Init: +3 | Perception: +6

"Dawn is right. While I appreciate your participation with the spiders, your lawful salvage rights are limited to what you assisted with," Emma Jane says sternly, skipping over the fact that she didn't go downstairs, either.


Male Human Starving Artist 12, Freeloader 2

Grickly shakes his head. "Wasn't talking about that, I saw that pack the stiffy had with 'm. Seemed to be some nice stuff in there eh? Tell you what, atop that seventeen, me and the ladies each take a piece that we fancy, and we'll call it even."


Male Psychic 2 | HP 12 | AC 12 (16 w/ mage armor) T 12 FF 10 | Fort +0 Ref +2 Will +3 | Init +2 | Perc +5

Alasayn stares Grickly in the eyes and says in smooth and menacing tone, ”I don’t believe you shall. You might also fancy not having your mind and body rent apart by magic and steel, which we can oblige. It would be in your best interests if you got back to your ruins. After all, it seems to be what scum like you deserve.”

Intimidate: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (17) + 7 = 24


Male Human Starving Artist 12, Freeloader 2

The goblin sneers. "Thought you lot were different from typical tallfolk. Turns out you're just as bad as the rest. Fine. Take your junk, and get the hell out of my sight."

Priscca and Evelnass both don't look terribly pleased either, but none of them are moving to outright attack in retaliation.


Male Half-Orc Fighter 1/Rogue 1 HP 21/21, AC19/T13/F16, Saves F+4/R+4/W+2, Perc +6, Init +4

Kaliban steps between the undine and goblin. Alasayn, all of you... Grickly is right. They did their fair share, no better or worse than any of us.

They scouted the spiders, they helped defeat the three that came down and the ones upstairs. Actually, they told us about both downstairs and upstairs.

They should share in the gold... and loot. To do otherwise is unethical and... uncivilized. We thought there was roughly 300gp worth of trade goods.


Male Human Starving Artist 12, Freeloader 2

Though his arms are crossed, the Goblin sellsword says nothing, merely eying the undine prince with a sour expression.


Male Psychic 2 | HP 12 | AC 12 (16 w/ mage armor) T 12 FF 10 | Fort +0 Ref +2 Will +3 | Init +2 | Perc +5

Alasayn huffs indignantly before he says, "I have no more patience for these squatters. Kaliban, I trust you to deal with them in whatever manner you see fit. I take my leave of this place."

With that, the snooty undine strides out of the tower.


Male Half-Orc Fighter 1/Rogue 1 HP 21/21, AC19/T13/F16, Saves F+4/R+4/W+2, Perc +6, Init +4

Kaliban finds an old chair and sits... Alasayn, I'll see you on the ship... Thanks.


Male Human Starving Artist 12, Freeloader 2

Evelnass squints after him, "Something about those clothes feel familiar," she muttered absently.

Turning to face the half-orc again, Grickly aggressively shrugs his shoulders. "So? What aboutit then, you just gonna leave us high and dry like him too?"

--

Those that are leaving the ruined tower are in full view of the little dock, upon which you notice shiphands are in the process of unloading any horses and spare luggage your characters had brought along for the trouble. The captain isn't currently present, and they don't seem to notice your exiting.

You may place yourselves in either scene. Kaliban is inside, and Alasayn has just left. Mary I beleive is still inside, though she was also written as keaving prior.


Male Half-Orc Fighter 1/Rogue 1 HP 21/21, AC19/T13/F16, Saves F+4/R+4/W+2, Perc +6, Init +4

Mary/Celeste shouldn't leave the trio's shares of "stuff."

Do you want on the ship? We're headed into the cursed land... Thought you were laying low and headed out of it. Pay the fair, get on the ship if you wish.

Kaliban motions for the loot. It's just money.


female human Ranger (Sky Stalker) 2 | HP 20/20 | AC: 17(18), T: 13, FF: 14(15) | Fort: +4, Ref: +7, Will: +1 | BAB: +2, CMB: +6, CMD: 16, | Init: +5 | Percep: +6

"Sorry, Grickly, we've got to go. Come along or don't, but we don't have time for what is fair or not!"
Mary rushes Kaliban out the door with Celeste at her heels.
Then she whistles to the nearest shiphand. "Ahoy! Just one minute!" Intimidation check 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (18) + 6 = 24.


Male Half-Orc Fighter 1/Rogue 1 HP 21/21, AC19/T13/F16, Saves F+4/R+4/W+2, Perc +6, Init +4

The half-orc nearly snarls. No! Give them their shares.

If you don't, give me mine. Have the Captain leave my horse. Maybe I'll catch up, later. His voice eases.


female human Ranger (Sky Stalker) 2 | HP 20/20 | AC: 17(18), T: 13, FF: 14(15) | Fort: +4, Ref: +7, Will: +1 | BAB: +2, CMB: +6, CMD: 16, | Init: +5 | Percep: +6

Mary took the time to plunk out 17 more gold pieces and gave them to Kaliban.
Then she fled outside and sharply addressed the nearest sailor, ordering him not to leave. I'd like to keep my roll for an Intimdation result of 24.

251 to 300 of 392 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / The Meridian Parallel - Cursebreakers All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.