[Gameday VIII] GM Wolffauer - SFS 1-05 The First Mandate

Game Master Wolffauer

Game Maps / Handouts


1 to 50 of 199 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | next > last >>

1 person marked this as a favorite.

A Starfinder Society Scenario designed for levels 1-4.

With a new generation of Starfinders already accomplishing great deeds within the Pact Worlds and beyond, First Seeker Luwazi Elsebo is ready to announce the Starfinder Society's next initiative that will define her tenure. The PCs attend a gathering at the Lorespire Complex to socialize with several visiting dignitaries, each instrumental in the Society's survival following the Scoured Stars Incident. Nothing is as it seems, though, and when Radaszam, leader of the Acquisitives faction, uncovers a plot against the First Seeker, the PCs need to step in and ensure the Society's public event doesn't end in disaster!

Content in The First Mandate also contributes to the ongoing goals of the Acquisitives and Second Seekers (Luwazi Elsebo) factions. Content in this scenario also contributes to the ongoing Year of Scoured Stars storyline


You have been summoned to First Seeker Luwazi's meeting room. On your way there, you get word of some sort of gala happening on the grounds of the Lorespire Complex.

Please arrive and meet your party. I'll post the intro block text tonight.

Acquisitives

Female Half-Orc Xenoarcheologist Envoy 2 | SP 0/12 HP 1/18 | RP 3/5 | EAC 14; KAC 15; ACvCM 23 | Fort +0; Ref +5; Will +3 | Init: +2 | Perc: +5, SM: +5 | Speed 30ft | darkvision 60 ft | Active conditions: none

Dariox enters the meeting room, taking a seat in one of her chairs. Seeing that she is the first to arrive, she waits patiently to see who she will be working with today.

Wayfinders

Male CG halfling spacefarer solarian 1.1 | SP 9/9 HP 9/9 | RP 3/4 | EAC 16; KAC 17 | Fort +4; Ref +3; Will +3 | Init: +2 | Perc: +6, SM: +4 | Speed 30ft | +3 vs. fear effects,halfling luck, sneaky, stellar mode, theme knowledge | Active conditions: None.

A Halfling in standard garb with a black mote floating around his head walks in seeing the Half-Orc sitting at the table. Hello, the name is Bilimi, whats your name?" He says sitting at the table.

Second Seekers (Luwazi Elsbo)

Female LN Korasha Lashunta Spacefarer Mechanic 1 | SP 0/7 HP 0/10 | RP 2/3 | EAC 12; KAC 15 | Fort +3; Ref +3; Will +0 | Init: +1 | Perc: +3(Drone) | Speed 25ft | Daze(at will), Psychokinetic Hand(at will), Detect Thoughts(1/day)

A sturdy looking Korasha Lashunta woman enters the room followed by a hovering bot. Morning everyone. Looks like there is some to-do outside? Anyone know what that is about? Names Nadia by the way, and this here is Arkady.

Exo-Guardians

Male; Ysoki; Mercenary; Soldier 1 |SP 7/7; HP 5/9|RP 3/4|EAC 14; KAC 15|Fort+2; Ref +3; Will+2|Init+3|Perc/SM +0| |Speed 30|Gloom Weapons|Improved Demoralize; Intim+7|

A brown and black furred Ysoki walks in and looks over the others seated in the room. He gives a curt nod at the others present before taking a seat in the corner where he can have a full view of the room with his back to the wall. He absentmindedly rolls a marble between his fingers as he waits.

Acquisitives

Female Half-Orc Xenoarcheologist Envoy 2 | SP 0/12 HP 1/18 | RP 3/5 | EAC 14; KAC 15; ACvCM 23 | Fort +0; Ref +5; Will +3 | Init: +2 | Perc: +5, SM: +5 | Speed 30ft | darkvision 60 ft | Active conditions: none

"Name's Dariox. Good to meet you Bilimi." She nods in reply to the Ysoki, before turning to face Nadia. "From what I heard on the way here, it's supposed to be some sort of fancy-pants party. Don't know much else though."

Acquisitives

Male NG Halfling Corporate Agent Envoy 1 | SP 6/6 HP 8/8 | RP 2/3 | EAC 15; KAC 16 | Fort +1; Ref +7; Will +3 | Init: +4 | Perc: +6, SM: +4 | Speed 30ft | +3 vs. fear effects, sneaky, Get'em, +1d6 insight SM & Medicine

Hello! I suppose you all were summoned here by First Seeker Luwazi as well? ”, says an older looking halfling, dressed casually. He goes around shaking appendages. “I’m Doctor DuQuesne, how do you do?”, and finally sits down, looking amused.


The First Seeker's meeting room is a lavish space, with several lush couches and armchairs surrounding a wide, low table. First Seeker Luwazi Elsebo arrives shortly after you do.

She appears uncharacteristically extravagant, having exchanged her typical stationwear for a sleek, fashionable suit in a shade of copper that matches the Starfinder Society logo emblazoned on the table. With her is the towering vesk leader of the Acquisitives faction, wearing a suit of ceremonial armor.

Luwazi smiles and gestures to the seats. "A pleasure to see you all. I trust you've heard about tonight's gala? I have a rather important announcement to make, so we've decided to use the opportunity to entertain and impress representatives of the various interests who have helped the Starfinder Society through our setbacks with the Scoured Stars Incident."

"That's where you come in. As some of the shining stars of the newest Starfinder Society agents, I'd like to have you mingle with the guests so they can see for themselves what we've been able to accomplish. It's nothing too fancy; I'd just like you all to be polite and talk about some of your experiences with the Society so far. We're expecting some government dignitaries, investors, corporate interests, and the like, so be sure to stay on your best behavior. Also, don't be afraid to brag a bit—it's our goal to impress them."

"But don't be stupid," the armored vesk breaks in.

Luwazi Elsebo glances over her shoulder and grins. "Have you all met Radaszam? He's certainly someone else you should be trying to impress."

Radaszam scowls. "Events like this never go as planned. Luwazi's contracted one of my merc outfits, the Obsidian Spiders, to provide security for the night. I want to make sure that if anything goes down, you're working with my agents, rather than us all tripping over one another. So stay alert, but if anything happens, make sure you're talking to me about it rather than jumping in blindly."

The First Seeker nods and picks up the datapad. "I've singled out five guests who I would really like to make a good impression with. These folks should be your priority tonight, so I've compiled basic information about each of them here. Things will start up in about an hour in the Skyreach Room. Any questions before we go?"

Her data dump can be found on the map slides.

Acquisitives

Male NG Halfling Corporate Agent Envoy 1 | SP 6/6 HP 8/8 | RP 2/3 | EAC 15; KAC 16 | Fort +1; Ref +7; Will +3 | Init: +4 | Perc: +6, SM: +4 | Speed 30ft | +3 vs. fear effects, sneaky, Get'em, +1d6 insight SM & Medicine

Bows down before the duo. "This will be an honor, First Seeker. To enjoy a gala and serve the society? A most remarkable mission!". Examines the information in the datapad. "Should we focus on any one of these particular guests, or are they all equally important? Sits back, pondering. “I believe Ykris strikes me as someone I have more interests in common than the others. We share similar backgrounds with corporate business, and I’m sure we can see eye to eye, so to speak. Could you tell me more about him?

Wayfinders

Male CG halfling spacefarer solarian 1.1 | SP 9/9 HP 9/9 | RP 3/4 | EAC 16; KAC 17 | Fort +4; Ref +3; Will +3 | Init: +2 | Perc: +6, SM: +4 | Speed 30ft | +3 vs. fear effects,halfling luck, sneaky, stellar mode, theme knowledge | Active conditions: None.

"I think I'll chat up ZO! his gameshows are the best."

Acquisitives

Female Half-Orc Xenoarcheologist Envoy 2 | SP 0/12 HP 1/18 | RP 3/5 | EAC 14; KAC 15; ACvCM 23 | Fort +0; Ref +5; Will +3 | Init: +2 | Perc: +5, SM: +5 | Speed 30ft | darkvision 60 ft | Active conditions: none

Leaning back in the armchair she is sitting in, Dariox crosses her arms as the two faction-leaders enter, listening intently to the mission briefing.

Once the briefing is completed, she says "Humph, a nice fancy party. Do we need to find any suitable attire? Also," and she looks towards Radaszam, "I take it that the presence of the Obsidian Spiders means that you are expecting some kind of trouble at the Gala? Should we be prepared for anything in particular?"


"Each guest should be considered of equal importance," replies the First Seeker. "There are many more guests in attendance tonight, but these are the ones we'd like to focus our attention on. What else did you want to know about Ykris?"

Give me culture checks to see what else each of you know about the guests. You may know something about one (DC 10) or two (DC 20) of them, and you can spread out your knowledge to cover them all if you wish.

Exo-Guardians

Male; Ysoki; Mercenary; Soldier 1 |SP 7/7; HP 5/9|RP 3/4|EAC 14; KAC 15|Fort+2; Ref +3; Will+2|Init+3|Perc/SM +0| |Speed 30|Gloom Weapons|Improved Demoralize; Intim+7|

”I don’t have any specific person to seek out. Come let us be put on display, I’m sure they will all want to speak to us out of curiosity if nothing else.”

Acquisitives

Male NG Halfling Corporate Agent Envoy 1 | SP 6/6 HP 8/8 | RP 2/3 | EAC 15; KAC 16 | Fort +1; Ref +7; Will +3 | Init: +4 | Perc: +6, SM: +4 | Speed 30ft | +3 vs. fear effects, sneaky, Get'em, +1d6 insight SM & Medicine

Holds his hand to his chin. "I read here that Ykris himself wanted CeriCore Labs to invest in the Society. Do we know why he's interested in us, what he hopes to achieve? I imagine it isn't only money”. Grins. “That would be too easy!".

I’ll try an untrained Culture check on Ykris.
Culture: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (3) + 0 = 3

Exo-Guardians

Male; Ysoki; Mercenary; Soldier 1 |SP 7/7; HP 5/9|RP 3/4|EAC 14; KAC 15|Fort+2; Ref +3; Will+2|Init+3|Perc/SM +0| |Speed 30|Gloom Weapons|Improved Demoralize; Intim+7|

Culture: 1d20 ⇒ 18 Marbles tries to recall general knowledge about the all of them


Quote:
you can spread out your knowledge to cover them all if you wish.
Captain Marbles wrote:
Marbles tries to recall general knowledge about the all of them

I worded that badly. As an individual, you may know about one or two people. As a party you can pick which people, to cover as many of them as possible. Captain Marbles knows about 1 of them.

Second Seekers (Luwazi Elsbo)

Female LN Korasha Lashunta Spacefarer Mechanic 1 | SP 0/7 HP 0/10 | RP 2/3 | EAC 12; KAC 15 | Fort +3; Ref +3; Will +0 | Init: +1 | Perc: +3(Drone) | Speed 25ft | Daze(at will), Psychokinetic Hand(at will), Detect Thoughts(1/day)

I believe I have heard of Naiaj before. Wasn't she coordinating that new outpost construction in the Maliprocene system recently?

Culture: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6

Second Seekers (Luwazi Elsbo)

Female LN Korasha Lashunta Spacefarer Mechanic 1 | SP 0/7 HP 0/10 | RP 2/3 | EAC 12; KAC 15 | Fort +3; Ref +3; Will +0 | Init: +1 | Perc: +3(Drone) | Speed 25ft | Daze(at will), Psychokinetic Hand(at will), Detect Thoughts(1/day)

Nadia then glances down at her clanking and haphazard reinforced EVA suit. I suppose I'll have to change for the party, wont I?

Acquisitives

Female Half-Orc Xenoarcheologist Envoy 2 | SP 0/12 HP 1/18 | RP 3/5 | EAC 14; KAC 15; ACvCM 23 | Fort +0; Ref +5; Will +3 | Init: +2 | Perc: +5, SM: +5 | Speed 30ft | darkvision 60 ft | Active conditions: none

Culture: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (14) + 6 = 20

Dariox will know about Royo and Naiaj, if possible.


"I've not been privy to the reasons behind the CeriCore Labs investment. Perhaps you can learn more from Ykris."
---
"You can change if you'd like Nadia, but it's not necessary. You're Starfinders, and there's a certain air of excitement that comes along with the armor and gear."
---
Dariox recalls hearing about encounter some of her friends in the Dataphiles had with Royo. He was lecturing them about relying too much on their technological "crutches" and his belief that digital recordings are unreliable sources.

While she has not worked with venture-captain Naiaj, Dariox knows her by her reputation. Naiaj is a long serving member of the Society who demands the best competence and teamwork from the agents who work with her.

Acquisitives

Female Half-Orc Xenoarcheologist Envoy 2 | SP 0/12 HP 1/18 | RP 3/5 | EAC 14; KAC 15; ACvCM 23 | Fort +0; Ref +5; Will +3 | Init: +2 | Perc: +5, SM: +5 | Speed 30ft | darkvision 60 ft | Active conditions: none

Were my questions answered? If they were I didn't see the response.

Exo-Guardians

Male; Ysoki; Mercenary; Soldier 1 |SP 7/7; HP 5/9|RP 3/4|EAC 14; KAC 15|Fort+2; Ref +3; Will+2|Init+3|Perc/SM +0| |Speed 30|Gloom Weapons|Improved Demoralize; Intim+7|

Then Marbles would know something about Zo!


Sorry Dariox - missed that post. Covered attire already, so:

"I’m always expecting trouble Dariox," Radaszam says, but a moment later he shrugs. "I don't know of any plans specifically targeting this event, but my team and I have our eyes and ears open."
---

Like most of you, Captain Marbles knows Zo! from his many shows, but some friends of his were actually on one of the shows. They were part of the Starfinder group recently on Live Exploration Extreme! From them Marbles knows that Zo! is quite the non-stop show man, and is always looking for the next big thing.

Wayfinders

Male CG halfling spacefarer solarian 1.1 | SP 9/9 HP 9/9 | RP 3/4 | EAC 16; KAC 17 | Fort +4; Ref +3; Will +3 | Init: +2 | Perc: +6, SM: +4 | Speed 30ft | +3 vs. fear effects,halfling luck, sneaky, stellar mode, theme knowledge | Active conditions: None.

Unfortunately Bilimi is Untrained in Culture and it is a trained skill.

Acquisitives

Male NG Halfling Corporate Agent Envoy 1 | SP 6/6 HP 8/8 | RP 2/3 | EAC 15; KAC 16 | Fort +1; Ref +7; Will +3 | Init: +4 | Perc: +6, SM: +4 | Speed 30ft | +3 vs. fear effects, sneaky, Get'em, +1d6 insight SM & Medicine

Can I roll an untrained Culture or Profession (corporate professional) check to know more about CeriCore Labs? My Corporate Agent theme reduces the DC by 5 to "to recall knowledge about corporations and their executives".


DuQuesne - yes, go for it.
Bilimi - Like DuQuesne mentioned, you can roll an untrained recall knowledge since the DC is 10.

Wayfinders

Male CG halfling spacefarer solarian 1.1 | SP 9/9 HP 9/9 | RP 3/4 | EAC 16; KAC 17 | Fort +4; Ref +3; Will +3 | Init: +2 | Perc: +6, SM: +4 | Speed 30ft | +3 vs. fear effects,halfling luck, sneaky, stellar mode, theme knowledge | Active conditions: None.

Culture: 1d20 ⇒ 20

I'll take Ykris and Iteration-177

"You know I think I've heard of Ykris and Iteration-177."

Acquisitives

Male NG Halfling Corporate Agent Envoy 1 | SP 6/6 HP 8/8 | RP 2/3 | EAC 15; KAC 16 | Fort +1; Ref +7; Will +3 | Init: +4 | Perc: +6, SM: +4 | Speed 30ft | +3 vs. fear effects, sneaky, Get'em, +1d6 insight SM & Medicine

Profession (corporate professional): 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7
This is enough only for Really Easy Questions - I'd like to know what CeriCore Labs does, if this information qualifies as really easy.


Bilimi, I'm going to have you just do Iteration-177 (DuQuesne got all there was for Ykris)

Bilimi knows that Iteration-177 is a relative newcomer to the Aspis Consortium. In addition to making waves by urging Consortium support of the Starfinders, they have an interest in religious artifacts and connections.

DuQuesne knows that CeriCore Labs is a biotech firm that specializes in direct neural connections. Business-wise, the corporation has very little to gain from the Starfinder Society’s endeavors, but it nevertheless made a substantial donation; rumors suggest the contribution was someone’s pet project.


"If there are no other questions, I need to finish getting ready," says Luwazi. "I'll expect to see you all in the Skyreach Room in about 3 hours."

Boon slotting time - no recommendations. You have time for any basic last minute purchases as well. Just note them for us here or in the discussion.

---

The team regroups a short while later and ride up to the Skyreach Room. The lift doors open revealing a classy space made breathtaking by large windows set into the vaulted ceiling, providing a shining view of the Armada orbiting Absalom Station and the galaxy beyond. A low stage with black skirting and a sleek podium overlooks the room from the far end of the hall. A dozen or so guests, representing a surprising array of races, mingle in twos and threes, while servers in sharp vests bring around a variety of bizarre snacks and drinks. A curly-haired AV technician arranges the wiring along one side of the stage, and Luwazi stands at the other side speaking with a damaya lashunta man.

Looking around the room, you can easily spot the five guests which Luwazi told you about.

On the slides, I've added pictures of the five guests and a map of the Skyreach Room. Your goal is to make a good impression on them regarding your team and the Society in general.

This part of the scenario is broken into two sets of "social rounds". You will each have four rounds during a set to interact with one of the guests. During your interaction you may: Make small talk (sense motive to learn what might impress them), attempt to impress (skill check of your choice), or aid another (same skill). Enough successes and you will earn their favor, too many failures and you will lose it. Bonuses given for good RP.

Pick your first "target", place your icon near them on the map and let me know what you'd like to do.

Wayfinders

Male CG halfling spacefarer solarian 1.1 | SP 9/9 HP 9/9 | RP 3/4 | EAC 16; KAC 17 | Fort +4; Ref +3; Will +3 | Init: +2 | Perc: +6, SM: +4 | Speed 30ft | +3 vs. fear effects,halfling luck, sneaky, stellar mode, theme knowledge | Active conditions: None.

Grabbing a plate of hors d'oeuvre's and heading over to Iteration-177. Excuse me. Your Iteration-177 aren't you? I wanted to thank you." Activating his subdermal implant in his palm and showing it to Iteration. I'm with the Starfinder Society, and I heard you were behind the big push to bring support from the Aspis Consortium. How did we get you attention might I ask?"

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (12) + 4 = 16

Acquisitives

Female Half-Orc Xenoarcheologist Envoy 2 | SP 0/12 HP 1/18 | RP 3/5 | EAC 14; KAC 15; ACvCM 23 | Fort +0; Ref +5; Will +3 | Init: +2 | Perc: +5, SM: +5 | Speed 30ft | darkvision 60 ft | Active conditions: none

Dariox didn't need to do much to prepare for the gala, due to not having to dress up for the event. She did run back by her room to grab a few things of hers however, mainly a copy of her latest relatively-short novel.

At the gala, she looks around the room for a moment before heading over to Royo. Approaching the smaller figure, she waits to get his attention (if he is discussing things with others at least). Once she does, she say "Greetings Royo, my name is Dariox. Are you enjoying the event so far?"

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7 Off to a [I]very nice start right there, aren't I?[/ooc]

Acquisitives

Male NG Halfling Corporate Agent Envoy 1 | SP 6/6 HP 8/8 | RP 2/3 | EAC 15; KAC 16 | Fort +1; Ref +7; Will +3 | Init: +4 | Perc: +6, SM: +4 | Speed 30ft | +3 vs. fear effects, sneaky, Get'em, +1d6 insight SM & Medicine

My, if it isn’t Ykris, from CeriCore Labs! What a true delight! May I shake the hand of your host? ” says, while already shaking his hand. “I’m Doctor DuQuesne, of the Starfinder Society, and currently almost retired from VitariTech Industries. It gives me tremendous joy to see someone else from the corporation scene also interested in our Society! How are you enjoying our gala so far?

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 4 + 1d6 ⇒ (10) + 4 + (3) = 17

Exo-Guardians

Male; Ysoki; Mercenary; Soldier 1 |SP 7/7; HP 5/9|RP 3/4|EAC 14; KAC 15|Fort+2; Ref +3; Will+2|Init+3|Perc/SM +0| |Speed 30|Gloom Weapons|Improved Demoralize; Intim+7|

Marbles, not great in social interactions will move over to the first person he sees off the elevator. He will listen to Zo! and attempt to look for an opportunity to impress.
Sense Motive: 1d20 ⇒ 6


Iteration-177 cheerfully greets Bilimi. "Well hello Starfinder! Finally some guests who are stuffy business types." You chat for short while and find Iteration-177 to be very personable and quite charming, especially for an android. They avoid questions about their interest in the Society, deftly turning them around to learn more of your adventures.

You feel compelling stories of your missions (Diplomacy) or rumors of the Society's future plans (Culture) will impress them.
---
Dariox, I'm going to add your expertise die to your Sense Motive. Dariox expertise: 1d6 ⇒ 6. Giving you a 13 total.

Royo stands among a circle of scholars engaged in a wide ranging discussion. Dariox introduces herself and politely joins into the conversation, but quickly finds it doing deep dives into esoteric topics.

You feel that someone who can keep up with the topics (Life Science) will impress him.
---
More in the next post.


"Doctor DuQuesne, I am pleased to meet you," says the clean cut half-elf while shaking your hand. "I can imagine that the Starfinder Society provides much more excitement, than VitariTech", he adds with a grin. You chat for awhile about the technologies produced by your respective companies and the Society.

You feel Ykris would be most interested in gossip about the Society (Culture) or detailed discussion of augmentations (Medicine).
---
Captain Marbles tries to engage Zo!, but finds it difficult to hold his attention, as the elebrian speaks with several others around him about his recent productions.
---
I hope to hear from Nadia before going on to round two

Acquisitives

Female Half-Orc Xenoarcheologist Envoy 2 | SP 0/12 HP 1/18 | RP 3/5 | EAC 14; KAC 15; ACvCM 23 | Fort +0; Ref +5; Will +3 | Init: +2 | Perc: +5, SM: +5 | Speed 30ft | darkvision 60 ft | Active conditions: none

I totally forgot about expertise dice. Guess it's been a while since I played Dariox. As for the skills listed so far, I'm best at talking to Iteration-177, with a +9 Diplomacy, or Ykris with +6 Culture.

Acquisitives

Male NG Halfling Corporate Agent Envoy 1 | SP 6/6 HP 8/8 | RP 2/3 | EAC 15; KAC 16 | Fort +1; Ref +7; Will +3 | Init: +4 | Perc: +6, SM: +4 | Speed 30ft | +3 vs. fear effects, sneaky, Get'em, +1d6 insight SM & Medicine

Although their practices are disregarded by many – I myself sometimes question them -, I believe the researchers in VitariTech3 are almost achieving a breakthrough. The details are not available to outsiders, unfortunately, but I heard rumors about a quasi-perfect mingling of living tissue and cybernetics, beyond anything on the market right now. Can you imagine the possibilities? It is just marvelous!” During the conversation DuQuesne touches Ykris’s host arm when emphasizing a point, whispers close to him when mentioning some obscure information, nods in agreement while giving a sly smiles whenever Ykris makes a witty comment, trying to create an almost “conspiratory” mood between the three of them.

Medicine: 1d20 + 4 + 1d6 ⇒ (17) + 4 + (6) = 27

Wayfinders

Male CG halfling spacefarer solarian 1.1 | SP 9/9 HP 9/9 | RP 3/4 | EAC 16; KAC 17 | Fort +4; Ref +3; Will +3 | Init: +2 | Perc: +6, SM: +4 | Speed 30ft | +3 vs. fear effects,halfling luck, sneaky, stellar mode, theme knowledge | Active conditions: None.

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (16) + 6 = 22

"Well I've only been on a few missions so far, but there was this one time I got a mission from Fitch himself, you know the Leader of the Wayfinders himself. Anyways we were investigating a power outage on The Master of Stars.

Well turns out some kids were hiding down there with a crab like monster that escaped containment. We valiantly rushed in got the kids to there parents, and contained the creature with no casualties." Bilimi says with a bow.

Exo-Guardians

Male; Ysoki; Mercenary; Soldier 1 |SP 7/7; HP 5/9|RP 3/4|EAC 14; KAC 15|Fort+2; Ref +3; Will+2|Init+3|Perc/SM +0| |Speed 30|Gloom Weapons|Improved Demoralize; Intim+7|

Marbles will move on to Naiaj, (and the buffet table?) and try to join in small talk.
Sense motive: 1d20 ⇒ 16


Looks like we lost Nadia, so we're going to continue without them. Four player adjustment is in effect - you will get 6 round during each set of interactions instead of just 4.

Round 2
--
DuQuesne and Ykris have a detailed discussion about cybernetic augmentations which leaves Ykris quite pleased. 1st Success
--
Bilimi regales Iteration-177 with a tale of adventure on The Master of the Stars. Earning a laugh from them at the reveal of the children behind the troubles. 1st Success
--
Captain Marbles joins Naiaj at the buffet table and they chat about Starfinder missions. Naiaj offers some advice on better preparation methods.
You feel she would be impressed with demonstrations of competence in the field (Computers, Piloting).

Acquisitives

Female Half-Orc Xenoarcheologist Envoy 2 | SP 0/12 HP 1/18 | RP 3/5 | EAC 14; KAC 15; ACvCM 23 | Fort +0; Ref +5; Will +3 | Init: +2 | Perc: +5, SM: +5 | Speed 30ft | darkvision 60 ft | Active conditions: none

Getting that she doesn't quite have what it takes to talk with Royo, Dariox will move over towards Zo! and try to see what interests the Elebrian.

Sense Motive (+Expertise Die): 1d20 + 5 + 1d6 ⇒ (20) + 5 + (4) = 29


The half-orc easily gets the attention of the elebrian. "Well hello there miss tall, green and living! What brings you to the party? Looking to become a star?" After some back and forth Dariox has a good feel for what makes Zo! tick and the talent he is looking for for his next big project.

His next project has a lot of action scenes, so Zo! is on the lookout for action stars (Acrobatics, Athletics, feint via Bluff, and showy displays with a weapon (attack roll) )

Acquisitives

Male NG Halfling Corporate Agent Envoy 1 | SP 6/6 HP 8/8 | RP 2/3 | EAC 15; KAC 16 | Fort +1; Ref +7; Will +3 | Init: +4 | Perc: +6, SM: +4 | Speed 30ft | +3 vs. fear effects, sneaky, Get'em, +1d6 insight SM & Medicine

Excuse me, my dear Ykris, but I have to mingle or I won’t hear the end of it from the First Seeker. I hope we can catch up later!” DuQuesne apologizes as he moves towards Royo. “Do I have the pleasure of addressing Royo, from the Starfinder Society Forum? I’m doctor DuQuesne, a Starfinder Society member. How are you doing today?

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 4 + 1d6 ⇒ (11) + 4 + (2) = 17


Knowing he does not have what it takes to keep a conversation going with Naiaj, and seeing that one of his fellow starfinders seems to have gotten the attention of Zo!, He heads back that way with a plate of cheese. Listening in he decides to tell a story about the obstacle course during boot camp when he joined the Akitonian army. He punctuates his story by performing Acrobatics of the actions he’s describing.
Acrobatics: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (18) + 7 = 25

Second Seekers (Luwazi Elsbo)

Female LN Korasha Lashunta Spacefarer Mechanic 1 | SP 0/7 HP 0/10 | RP 2/3 | EAC 12; KAC 15 | Fort +3; Ref +3; Will +0 | Init: +1 | Perc: +3(Drone) | Speed 25ft | Daze(at will), Psychokinetic Hand(at will), Detect Thoughts(1/day)

Nadia spots Naiaj over by the buffet table and moves to try and talk to her. Hello there. We haven't been formally introduced but I am a big fan of your work. My name is Nadia. I would love to share some programming tips for auto-constructors if you have time. I spent most of my early years building outpost and colonies in remote locations on Castrovel. Nadia pauses to gauge how Naiaj is responding. Is there anywhere interesting that the society is eyeing right now for a new outpost?

Arkady buzzes around her shoulder as she speaks.

Computers: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (9) + 7 = 16


Royo turns to greet Dr DuQuesne, "I am doing well, thank you. It is nice to meet you," they say before turning back to their discussions. DuQuesne politely works his way into the conversation and finds the gathered scholars getting quite philosophical.

You feel you could impress them with some on topic knowledge (Culture, Mysticism)
--
Captain Marbles introduces himself to Zo! and entertains him with a tale of acrobatics and obstacles. "Marvelous! You should put together a team for Pact World Warriors!" 1st Success
--
Nadia greets Naiaj and engages her in a discussion her activities before joining the Society. Naiaj seems a bit distracted, often glancing at her datapad. She apologizes once, adding that she is dealing with an issue with the shipment from the drow on Apostae. Eventually she excuses herself to deal with something. 1st Failure
--
Actions remaining
Round 1
- Nadia - Computer w/Naiaj (failed)
- Captain Marbles - Sense Motive w/Zo! (failed)
- Bilimi - Sense Motive w/Iteration-177 (Diplomacy, Culture)
- DuQuesne - Sense Motive w/Ykris (Culture, Medicine)
- Dariox - Sense Motive w/Royo (Life Science)
Round 2
- Nadia
- Captain Marbles - Sense motive w/Naiaj (Computers, Piloting)
- Bilimi - Diplomacy w/Interation-177 (success)
- DuQuesne - Medicine w/Ykris (success)
- Dariox - Sense Motive w/Zo! (Acrobatics, Athletics, Bluff, Weapons)
Round 3
- Nadia
- Captain Marbles - Acrobatics w/Zo! (success)
- Bilimi
- DuQuesne - Sense Motive w/Royo (Culture, Mysticism)
- Dariox
Round 4
- Nadia
- Captain Marbles
- Bilimi
- DuQuesne
- Dariox

Acquisitives

Female Half-Orc Xenoarcheologist Envoy 2 | SP 0/12 HP 1/18 | RP 3/5 | EAC 14; KAC 15; ACvCM 23 | Fort +0; Ref +5; Will +3 | Init: +2 | Perc: +5, SM: +5 | Speed 30ft | darkvision 60 ft | Active conditions: none

Round 3:

Dariox will approach Iteration-177, engaging them in small talk for a short period before getting around to her point. "So, Mr. Iteration-177, have you heard anything about some of the upcoming missions that the Starfinder Society is planning? Because I've heard some rumors about what might be going on soon. Oh, there's always the typical exploration of new planets, whether for simple scientific sake or with us being hired to do so by an outside company. However, recently those missions have seemed to taper off significantly, with us instead focusing on matters." She will go into further detail about some rumors she has heard. I just don't want to have to think up rumors that may or may not be true.

Culture: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 14

Acquisitives

Male NG Halfling Corporate Agent Envoy 1 | SP 6/6 HP 8/8 | RP 2/3 | EAC 15; KAC 16 | Fort +1; Ref +7; Will +3 | Init: +4 | Perc: +6, SM: +4 | Speed 30ft | +3 vs. fear effects, sneaky, Get'em, +1d6 insight SM & Medicine

Round 4

Noticing he’s completely out of his element when talking with Royo, DuQuesne politely excuses himself, before moving on to Naiaj. “Excuse me, venture-captain Naiaj, I’m Doctor DuQuesne, a recently recruited member of the Starfinder Society. How are you doing today?” After a bit of chit-chatting, he goes into topic. “You see, when I started my career in VitariTech Industries, we had a catastrophic lack of personnel for menial tasks, which led me into having to pilot myself around our labs. It was dreadful at first, but soon I found myself quite liking the task! Let me tell you how I used to deal with attacks from our competition and criminals, despite having almost no weaponry at all!

Piloting: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (2) + 8 = 10

Oh, well.

1 to 50 of 199 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / [SFS Gameday VIII] GM Wolffauer's 1-05 The First Mandate All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.