[Gameday VIII] GM Wolffauer - SFS 1-05 The First Mandate

Game Master Wolffauer

Game Maps / Handouts


51 to 100 of 199 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | next > last >>
Second Seekers (Luwazi Elsbo)

Female LN Korasha Lashunta Spacefarer Mechanic 1 | SP 0/7 HP 0/10 | RP 2/3 | EAC 12; KAC 15 | Fort +3; Ref +3; Will +0 | Init: +1 | Perc: +3(Drone) | Speed 25ft | Daze(at will), Psychokinetic Hand(at will), Detect Thoughts(1/day)

Well thank you. It was nice to meet you. Nadia feels a bit disappointed about how the interaction went. I hope I get another chance to speak with her. she thinks.

Scanning the room, Nadia's eyes fall on Royo and the group of scholars chatting. She approaches the group and tries to listen in. They seem to be discussing methods of adapting barren worlds for agriculture. She chimes in. I actually once saw a pretty ingenuous application of a moisture condenser converter into a Haber process factory once on a startup colony in the Nirgal system. The colonists there simply flipped the heat pump and tacked on a distillation pile to pull out the ammonia from the resulting waste gas. It worked as a fantastic fertilizer and by the time I had their new city hall built for them their crop land was absolutely thriving. It was pretty impressive. My ...colleague...Arkady was the one who helped them set it up. Unfortunately, he was part of the scoured stars expedition. One of many brilliant minds that the Society has lost.

Life Science: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 2 = 22

Wayfinders

Male CG halfling spacefarer solarian 1.1 | SP 9/9 HP 9/9 | RP 3/4 | EAC 16; KAC 17 | Fort +4; Ref +3; Will +3 | Init: +2 | Perc: +6, SM: +4 | Speed 30ft | +3 vs. fear effects,halfling luck, sneaky, stellar mode, theme knowledge | Active conditions: None.

Bidding Iteration-177 a good evening Bilimi heads over to ZO! with his implant still active. "Excuse me mister ZO!" waving with the hand that displays the Starfinder Logo. "I'm a huge fan, and well... Well I heard you might be looking for contestants on Galactic Gladiators."

Waving the people around him to step back a bit. "I would like to show you my skills."

With that Bilimi whips out his Tactical Baton and attempts to perform a Athletic Training routine with extra flourishes.

Tactical Baton Display: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10


Dariox tries to entice Iteration-177 with rumors of what First Seeker Luwazi has planned, but she doesn't have enough (or doesn't reveal enough) to really have an impact. 1st Failure
--
Naiaj responds with some interest in Doctor DuQuesne tales, but cuts them short with "Hopefully you will get a chance to use these skill in service to the Society soon." 2nd Failure
--
Nadia pleasantly surprises the scholars with her knowledge, and they spend several minutes discussing the setup at Nirgal and how else that idea could be adapted. 1st Success
--
"Alrighty! Show me what you've got!" says Zo! hoping to be impressed. Bilimi begins his routine, but part way through his nerves get the better of him and his baton slips out of his now sweaty hands. "That was...nice! Keep working on it and who knows..." says Zo! before turning away with a grimace. 1st Failure
--
Actions remaining
Round 1
- Nadia - Computer w/Naiaj (failed)
- Captain Marbles - Sense Motive w/Zo! (failed)
- Bilimi - Sense Motive w/Iteration-177 (Diplomacy, Culture)
- DuQuesne - Sense Motive w/Ykris (Culture, Medicine)
- Dariox - Sense Motive w/Royo (Life Science)
Round 2
- Nadia - Life Science w/Royo (success)
- Captain Marbles - Sense motive w/Naiaj (Computers, Piloting)
- Bilimi - Diplomacy w/Iteration-177 (success)
- DuQuesne - Medicine w/Ykris (success)
- Dariox - Sense Motive w/Zo! (Acrobatics, Athletics, Bluff, Weapons)
Round 3
- Nadia
- Captain Marbles - Acrobatics w/Zo! (success)
- Bilimi - Weapons w/Zo! (failed)
- DuQuesne - Sense Motive w/Royo (Culture, Mysticism)
- Dariox - Culture w/Iteration-177 (failed)
Round 4
- Nadia
- Captain Marbles
- Bilimi
- DuQuesne - Piloting w/Naiaj (failed)
- Dariox

Wayfinders

Male CG halfling spacefarer solarian 1.1 | SP 9/9 HP 9/9 | RP 3/4 | EAC 16; KAC 17 | Fort +4; Ref +3; Will +3 | Init: +2 | Perc: +6, SM: +4 | Speed 30ft | +3 vs. fear effects,halfling luck, sneaky, stellar mode, theme knowledge | Active conditions: None.

Not to be detoured, "All right, all right. Not my best, but check this out." Bilimi says putting his baton away.

He starts into a acrobatics display that involves Handsprings, Backflips, jumping onto a table and performing an Arial off of it into a kneeling bow. Hope this roll turns out :)

Acrobatics: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (8) + 8 = 16

Second Seekers (Luwazi Elsbo)

Female LN Korasha Lashunta Spacefarer Mechanic 1 | SP 0/7 HP 0/10 | RP 2/3 | EAC 12; KAC 15 | Fort +3; Ref +3; Will +0 | Init: +1 | Perc: +3(Drone) | Speed 25ft | Daze(at will), Psychokinetic Hand(at will), Detect Thoughts(1/day)

Nadia will next approach Dariox and pull the half-orc aside. Perhaps you and I could work together to impress Naiaj. She seems to be tough to reach but between the two of us, we may be able to impress her with a display of our piloting skill. Nadia taps her wrist and her drone does a small flip in the air to illustrate her point.

Aid Piloting: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (9) + 5 = 14

Acquisitives

Female Half-Orc Xenoarcheologist Envoy 2 | SP 0/12 HP 1/18 | RP 3/5 | EAC 14; KAC 15; ACvCM 23 | Fort +0; Ref +5; Will +3 | Init: +2 | Perc: +5, SM: +5 | Speed 30ft | darkvision 60 ft | Active conditions: none

I was originally going to go over and try to roll Culture on one of the NPC's that make use of it. Also, piloting will be even harder with Naiaj now I believe, but since you already rolled the aid...

"If you insist, Nadia." Dariox goes with the other woman up to Naiaj, discussing the intricacies of how she and her team on one of her previous missions utilized various maneuvers while combating a new type of ship, one which actually made use of ramming maneuvers in combat.

Piloting: 1d20 + 7 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 7 + 2 = 10 sigh... are you sure that you don't want to lead Nadia?


Nadia, I'm going to call that your and Dariox's round 4 action. What would you like to do in Round 3?

Exo-Guardians

Male; Ysoki; Mercenary; Soldier 1 |SP 7/7; HP 5/9|RP 3/4|EAC 14; KAC 15|Fort+2; Ref +3; Will+2|Init+3|Perc/SM +0| |Speed 30|Gloom Weapons|Improved Demoralize; Intim+7|

Marbles will show off some fun skills to Zo!
Ranged Attack: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5

Second Seekers (Luwazi Elsbo)

Female LN Korasha Lashunta Spacefarer Mechanic 1 | SP 0/7 HP 0/10 | RP 2/3 | EAC 12; KAC 15 | Fort +3; Ref +3; Will +0 | Init: +1 | Perc: +3(Drone) | Speed 25ft | Daze(at will), Psychokinetic Hand(at will), Detect Thoughts(1/day)

Catching some of the feats of strength and skill being performed for Zo!, Nadia gets an idea. She sends Arkady up to a ledge and he wraps his winch cable around an anchor while Nadia climbs out of her heavy armor. He Zo! How about this?! she shouts and tries to free climb the now dangling cable up to the ceiling.

Athletics: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (10) + 5 = 15

Acquisitives

Female Half-Orc Xenoarcheologist Envoy 2 | SP 0/12 HP 1/18 | RP 3/5 | EAC 14; KAC 15; ACvCM 23 | Fort +0; Ref +5; Will +3 | Init: +2 | Perc: +5, SM: +5 | Speed 30ft | darkvision 60 ft | Active conditions: none

We are really getting some garbage roles, aren't we?


Nadia catches the attention of Zo! to show off her climbing skills. Unfortunately grease from some of the hors d'oeuvre causes her grip to slip. She is able to catch herself and finish the climb, but Zo! seems unimpressed. 2nd Failure
--
Zo! watches with amusement at Bilimi tumbling routine. "Not bad, but you should practice with your friend, Captain Marbles." 3rd Failure
As Zo! says this, Captain Marbles approaches, to show off some fancy shooting. Unfortunately as he pulls out his weapon, it gets caught up in something and goes flying out of his hand. Zo! watches with disappointment, "Or maybe not..." 4th Failure
--
Nadia and Dariox team up to speak with Naiaj, and while she is quite interested in what they have to say, Dariox is a bit too nervous to make a good impression. 3rd Failure
--
First set results
Round 1
- Nadia - Computer w/Naiaj (failed)
- Captain Marbles - Sense Motive w/Zo! (failed)
- Bilimi - Sense Motive w/Iteration-177 (Diplomacy, Culture)
- DuQuesne - Sense Motive w/Ykris (Culture, Medicine)
- Dariox - Sense Motive w/Royo (Life Science)
Round 2
- Nadia - Life Science w/Royo (success)
- Captain Marbles - Sense motive w/Naiaj (Computers, Piloting)
- Bilimi - Diplomacy w/Iteration-177 (success)
- DuQuesne - Medicine w/Ykris (success)
- Dariox - Sense Motive w/Zo! (Acrobatics, Athletics, Bluff, Weapons)
Round 3
- Nadia - Athletics w/Zo! (failed)
- Captain Marbles - Acrobatics w/Zo! (success)
- Bilimi - Weapons w/Zo! (failed)
- DuQuesne - Sense Motive w/Royo (Culture, Mysticism)
- Dariox - Culture w/Iteration-177 (failed)
Round 4
- Nadia - Piloting w/Naiaj (aid)
- Captain Marbles - Weapons w/Zo! (failed)
- Bilimi - Acrobatics w/Zo! (failed)
- DuQuesne - Piloting w/Naiaj (failed)
- Dariox - Piloting w/Naiaj (failed)


Man, those last two rounds were rough.

Luwazi casually waves you all over to her where she is standing near the stage. "How is it going?"

Wayfinders

Male CG halfling spacefarer solarian 1.1 | SP 9/9 HP 9/9 | RP 3/4 | EAC 16; KAC 17 | Fort +4; Ref +3; Will +3 | Init: +2 | Perc: +6, SM: +4 | Speed 30ft | +3 vs. fear effects,halfling luck, sneaky, stellar mode, theme knowledge | Active conditions: None.

Walking over to Luwazi. "Well, I would say we started strong."

Acquisitives

Male NG Halfling Corporate Agent Envoy 1 | SP 6/6 HP 8/8 | RP 2/3 | EAC 15; KAC 16 | Fort +1; Ref +7; Will +3 | Init: +4 | Perc: +6, SM: +4 | Speed 30ft | +3 vs. fear effects, sneaky, Get'em, +1d6 insight SM & Medicine

First speaker, I would say we have very talented individuals in this group, but we are having a hard time impressing our guests - themselves even more amazing people!”. DuQuesne sighs, but still looks hopeful. “We made some headway with four of our guests, but failed to captivate Naiaj at all. And I’m afraid we almost put Zo! to sleep, which would be quite a feat, considering undead are immune to it!”, smiles. “Should we keep trying, or do you have other plans for us?

This was probably one for the records. If we don’t count Sense Motive checks, we got twice as much failures as successes. But I’m sure we will be just fine!

Exo-Guardians

Male; Ysoki; Mercenary; Soldier 1 |SP 7/7; HP 5/9|RP 3/4|EAC 14; KAC 15|Fort+2; Ref +3; Will+2|Init+3|Perc/SM +0| |Speed 30|Gloom Weapons|Improved Demoralize; Intim+7|

Perhaps if we are to go back to sucking up to the guests I will just follow DuQuesne around and try and aid him. If you need someone intimidated into compliance I’m your guy but this high societal hobnobbing is just not me


"Yes, I see. In that case, I suggest you focus your attentions on Iteration-177, Royo and Ykris. We need to make a good impression with as many of them as we can. Give Zo! a break for now." With that, she sends you back out to the party.

Sense Motive will still get you more options on everyone but Zo!

Actions remaining
Round 5
- Nadia
- Captain Marbles
- Bilimi
- DuQuesne
- Dariox

Acquisitives

Female Half-Orc Xenoarcheologist Envoy 2 | SP 0/12 HP 1/18 | RP 3/5 | EAC 14; KAC 15; ACvCM 23 | Fort +0; Ref +5; Will +3 | Init: +2 | Perc: +5, SM: +5 | Speed 30ft | darkvision 60 ft | Active conditions: none

Dariox will approach Iteration-177 again, trying to think of any other rumors she may have heard.

Culture: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (17) + 6 = 23 Now that's more like it.

Acquisitives

Male NG Halfling Corporate Agent Envoy 1 | SP 6/6 HP 8/8 | RP 2/3 | EAC 15; KAC 16 | Fort +1; Ref +7; Will +3 | Init: +4 | Perc: +6, SM: +4 | Speed 30ft | +3 vs. fear effects, sneaky, Get'em, +1d6 insight SM & Medicine

Marbles, I’ll accept that aid!

DuQuesne approaches Iteration-177 as well, waiting for Dariox to finish. “Hello, Iteration-177, how are you doing today? My colleague told me you are quite interested in the adventures of Starfinder Society members. Well, I have just such a story to tell you!”. He starts telling the tale of his recruitment in the Society, representing VitariTech Industries while a party of Starfinders were hunting down an “allegedly” escapee from Site 3. “... and that’s how I easily convinced them there was no evidence that monstrosity had ever been inside our labs. Right there it occurred to me how much the Starfinder Society could use my help! They were completely clueless about public relations!” he ends in a laughter. During the story he casually commends the Aspis Consortium for being interested in VitariTech and now in the Starfinder Society.

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (20) + 7 = 27

Exo-Guardians

Male; Ysoki; Mercenary; Soldier 1 |SP 7/7; HP 5/9|RP 3/4|EAC 14; KAC 15|Fort+2; Ref +3; Will+2|Init+3|Perc/SM +0| |Speed 30|Gloom Weapons|Improved Demoralize; Intim+7|

Seeing as it seems they don’t need help Marbles will just Sense Motive on Ykris
sense motive: 1d20 ⇒ 4


Dariox revisit Iteration-177, "There was one more thing I thought of...", as she tells them about a rumor she's heard about Salvations End and the strange vaults contained within. 2nd Success
--
DuQuesne regales Iteration-177 with a tale of adventure and bad PR. 3rd Success
--
Captain Marbles approaches Ykris, but finds himself too fascinated by the many spiny legs digging deeply into the base of its host's skull and neck to make any real connection. failed
--
Actions remaining
Round 5
- Nadia
- Captain Marbles - Sense Motive w/Ykris (failed)
- Bilimi
- DuQuesne - Diplomacy w/Iteration-177 (success)
- Dariox - Culture w/Iteration-177 (success)
Round 6
- Nadia
- Captain Marbles
- Bilimi
- DuQuesne
- Dariox

Wayfinders

Male CG halfling spacefarer solarian 1.1 | SP 9/9 HP 9/9 | RP 3/4 | EAC 16; KAC 17 | Fort +4; Ref +3; Will +3 | Init: +2 | Perc: +6, SM: +4 | Speed 30ft | +3 vs. fear effects,halfling luck, sneaky, stellar mode, theme knowledge | Active conditions: None.

Bilimi also heads over to Ykris and attempts Sense Motive.

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 4 = 15

Acquisitives

Male NG Halfling Corporate Agent Envoy 1 | SP 6/6 HP 8/8 | RP 2/3 | EAC 15; KAC 16 | Fort +1; Ref +7; Will +3 | Init: +4 | Perc: +6, SM: +4 | Speed 30ft | +3 vs. fear effects, sneaky, Get'em, +1d6 insight SM & Medicine

Having no other options, DuQuesne will try to improve even more his standing with Ykris. “Hello again Ykris, I have done my rounds and return here to continue our most pleasant conversation. I happened to spot Zo! and started thinking about one of Eox’s specialties, Necrografts! Have you any knowledge on this matter? While in VitariTech I heard the following…” he goes on, listing some rumors he picked up during the years, specially the ones about side effects and conditions of manufacturing, eventually going on a tangent about how superior biotech is, pretty much complimenting CeriCore Labs.

Medicine: 1d20 + 4 + 1d6 ⇒ (19) + 4 + (5) = 28

Exo-Guardians

Male; Ysoki; Mercenary; Soldier 1 |SP 7/7; HP 5/9|RP 3/4|EAC 14; KAC 15|Fort+2; Ref +3; Will+2|Init+3|Perc/SM +0| |Speed 30|Gloom Weapons|Improved Demoralize; Intim+7|

Marbles will wander over to Royo and engage in small talk.
sense motive: 1d20 ⇒ 14


Bilimi visits with Ykris and their host, and learns a little about the direct neural connection devices in which CeriCore Labs specializes.
You feel a deeper discussion could impress them more (Life Science). They also seem open to discussing the host-parasite relationship.
--
Ykris greets Doctor DuQuesne warmly as he returns to continue their discussions. 2nd success
--
Marbles joins the discussion circle around Royo as the topic swings around to various planet compositions and their effects on early life.
You feel someone with a knowledge of Physical Science could contribute to the conversation.
--
Actions remaining
Round 5
- Nadia
- Captain Marbles - Sense Motive w/Ykris (failed)
- Bilimi - Sense Motive w/Ykris (Life Science)
- DuQuesne - Diplomacy w/Iteration-177 (success)
- Dariox - Culture w/Iteration-177 (success)
Round 6
- Nadia
- Captain Marbles - Sense Motive w/Royo (Physical Science)
- Bilimi
- DuQuesne - Medicine w/Ykris (success)
- Dariox

Acquisitives

Female Half-Orc Xenoarcheologist Envoy 2 | SP 0/12 HP 1/18 | RP 3/5 | EAC 14; KAC 15; ACvCM 23 | Fort +0; Ref +5; Will +3 | Init: +2 | Perc: +5, SM: +5 | Speed 30ft | darkvision 60 ft | Active conditions: none

I believe that we are currently at:
Ykris: 2 successes / 0 fails
Iteration-177: 3 successes / 1 fail
Royo: 1 success / 0 fails
Naiaj: 0 successes / 3 fails
Zo!: 1 success / 4 fails

Dariox will approach Royo, trying to engage him and his associates in their philosophical discussions.

Culture: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 13 Sigh, back to the low rolls.

Second Seekers (Luwazi Elsbo)

Female LN Korasha Lashunta Spacefarer Mechanic 1 | SP 0/7 HP 0/10 | RP 2/3 | EAC 12; KAC 15 | Fort +3; Ref +3; Will +0 | Init: +1 | Perc: +3(Drone) | Speed 25ft | Daze(at will), Psychokinetic Hand(at will), Detect Thoughts(1/day)

Nadia will step up behind Marbles to try and join the conversation with Royo again. The topic seems to have shifted to a more fundamental physics topic that Nadia was familiar with. That's interesting actually. Do you think then that you could then use a matrix like that to grow durasteel in latticed stages? If you could then it would make a fantastic structural base for power core shielding.

Physical Science: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (19) + 7 = 26


Dariox joins back in the discussions with Royo, but isn't able to add anything of note this time.
--
Nadia, you are one round behind - please catch up. I'm going to treat this as your round 6 action since it uses information learned that round.
Nadia too joins the conversation, and is able to participate in a lively discussion about durasteel. 2nd success
--
Actions remaining
Round 5
- [color=red]Nadia[/color]
- Captain Marbles - Sense Motive w/Ykris (failed)
- Bilimi - Sense Motive w/Ykris (Life Science)
- DuQuesne - Diplomacy w/Iteration-177 (success)
- Dariox - Culture w/Iteration-177 (success)
Round 6
- Nadia - Physical Science w/Royo (success)
- Captain Marbles - Sense Motive w/Royo (Physical Science)
- Bilimi
- DuQuesne - Medicine w/Ykris (success)
- Dariox - Culture w/Royo (failed)
Round 7
- Nadia
- Captain Marbles
- Bilimi
- DuQuesne
- Dariox

Second Seekers (Luwazi Elsbo)

Female LN Korasha Lashunta Spacefarer Mechanic 1 | SP 0/7 HP 0/10 | RP 2/3 | EAC 12; KAC 15 | Fort +3; Ref +3; Will +0 | Init: +1 | Perc: +3(Drone) | Speed 25ft | Daze(at will), Psychokinetic Hand(at will), Detect Thoughts(1/day)

Round 5: Nadia glances back over to Naiaj. I'm sure I could reach her if I just knew the right approach. She hesitates for a minute. just this once... Nadia casts Detect Thoughts and focuses on Naiaj until she can discern her surface thoughts.

I am hoping to use this in lieu of a sense motive check. Let me know if you want me to roll anything as well.


Nadia turns her mind to Naiaj and opens herself to receive what she can. Naiaj, seems to be working on several projects at once. You get a strong displeasure directed towards drow ambassadors; plans on putting together a team for an upcoming technical mission; and a general concern over the preparedness of the Society. Teamwork and society missions are foremost in her mind. You feel that showing her you can work together and have Engineering skills will improve her outlook

Wayfinders

Male CG halfling spacefarer solarian 1.1 | SP 9/9 HP 9/9 | RP 3/4 | EAC 16; KAC 17 | Fort +4; Ref +3; Will +3 | Init: +2 | Perc: +6, SM: +4 | Speed 30ft | +3 vs. fear effects,halfling luck, sneaky, stellar mode, theme knowledge | Active conditions: None.

Bilimi returns to chatting up Iteration-177.

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (12) + 4 = 16


Bilimi chats with Iteration-177 for a little while and learns a little about their interest in magic and religion, as well as their continued curiosity about Society missions.
Mysticism can impress them, and even a story of a mission you weren't really part of could work (Bluff)
--
Actions remaining
Round 5
- Nadia - Detect Thoughts w/Naiaj (Engineering, teamwork)
- Captain Marbles - Sense Motive w/Ykris (failed)
- Bilimi - Sense Motive w/Ykris (Life Science)
- DuQuesne - Diplomacy w/Iteration-177 (success)
- Dariox - Culture w/Iteration-177 (success)
Round 6
- Nadia - Physical Science w/Royo (success)
- Captain Marbles - Sense Motive w/Royo (Physical Science)
- Bilimi - Sense Motive w/Iteration-177 (Bluff, Mysticism)
- DuQuesne - Medicine w/Ykris (success)
- Dariox - Culture w/Royo (failed)
Round 7
- Nadia
- Captain Marbles
- Bilimi
- DuQuesne
- Dariox
Round 8
- Nadia
- Captain Marbles
- Bilimi
- DuQuesne
- Dariox

Acquisitives

Male NG Halfling Corporate Agent Envoy 1 | SP 6/6 HP 8/8 | RP 2/3 | EAC 15; KAC 16 | Fort +1; Ref +7; Will +3 | Init: +4 | Perc: +6, SM: +4 | Speed 30ft | +3 vs. fear effects, sneaky, Get'em, +1d6 insight SM & Medicine

DuQuesne is running low on his own stories with the Starfinder Society, but he remembers a good one he heard just recently, while hanging out at the Lorespire Complex. “Iteration-177, you might have heard something about this, and far from me to imply I had anything to do with it… or deny it, but some time ago there was quite the altercation in a seedy nightclub called the Fusion Queen, allegedly involving members of the Starfinder Society…” he proceeds to suggest he was part of the group, while denying it in a coy manner. “And that’s when we, I mean, they, opened the door to find a vesk holding a huge gun and a bunch of grenades. Let’s just say, that night was quite a blast”, laughs.

Bluff: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10

Worth a shot...

Acquisitives

Female Half-Orc Xenoarcheologist Envoy 2 | SP 0/12 HP 1/18 | RP 3/5 | EAC 14; KAC 15; ACvCM 23 | Fort +0; Ref +5; Will +3 | Init: +2 | Perc: +5, SM: +5 | Speed 30ft | darkvision 60 ft | Active conditions: none

Dariox will head over to Ykris, trying to interest them in some way with their discussion.

Culture: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7 Really dice? Really? (bangs head down on table) I think this is the worst I have ever rolled.

We need five more successes to get Royo, Ykris, and Iteration-177, and now have eight rolls left.

Second Seekers (Luwazi Elsbo)

Female LN Korasha Lashunta Spacefarer Mechanic 1 | SP 0/7 HP 0/10 | RP 2/3 | EAC 12; KAC 15 | Fort +3; Ref +3; Will +0 | Init: +1 | Perc: +3(Drone) | Speed 25ft | Daze(at will), Psychokinetic Hand(at will), Detect Thoughts(1/day)

Nadia will continue her conversation with Royo for as long as he seems interested. ...as I was saying about those Brexville Capacitors; the charge density just can't stay high enough to act as a good starter coil for the reaction. But one time on Ukulam, I found a plant that must have had some barium in it because it acted as a perfect catalyst when I dropped it into the vacuum chamber. Before you know it that machine was spitting out brick after brick of noqualite. It was pretty impressive and the research team was ecstatic.

Rounds 7 & 8:
Physical Science 1: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (20) + 7 = 27
Physical Science 1: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (19) + 7 = 26

Can I get a reduction to the DC from my theme knowledge?
Spacefarer: "Reduce the DC of Physical Science checks to recall knowledge about strange new worlds or features of space by 5."

Acquisitives

Male NG Halfling Corporate Agent Envoy 1 | SP 6/6 HP 8/8 | RP 2/3 | EAC 15; KAC 16 | Fort +1; Ref +7; Will +3 | Init: +4 | Perc: +6, SM: +4 | Speed 30ft | +3 vs. fear effects, sneaky, Get'em, +1d6 insight SM & Medicine

DuQuesne feels like his story fell a little flat, so he tries for another approach. “This other time, Iteration-177, there was a crew of Starfinders out in the Drift - don’t ask me how I know it, please - tracking down a boneship that was supposed to belong to the Corpse Fleet itself!” He’s trying very hard to sell this one, so he “enhances” a little bit this story he also overheard. “The rub is, there was actually a whole group of corpse fleet members infiltrated in Absalom Station! They were caught by us in the Downlow - by us I mean the Starfinder Society, of course - but it sure was shocking to see them so deep inside the station”, he wraps.

Bluff: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (14) + 6 = 20

Anyone want to aid me, so we make sure?

Exo-Guardians

Male; Ysoki; Mercenary; Soldier 1 |SP 7/7; HP 5/9|RP 3/4|EAC 14; KAC 15|Fort+2; Ref +3; Will+2|Init+3|Perc/SM +0| |Speed 30|Gloom Weapons|Improved Demoralize; Intim+7|

Marbles, feeling somewhat humiliated by his attempt to impress Zo! With a gun will try to redeem himself for round 7
attack: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (10) + 3 = 13

Exo-Guardians

Male; Ysoki; Mercenary; Soldier 1 |SP 7/7; HP 5/9|RP 3/4|EAC 14; KAC 15|Fort+2; Ref +3; Will+2|Init+3|Perc/SM +0| |Speed 30|Gloom Weapons|Improved Demoralize; Intim+7|

Feeling inadequate and completely out of his element Marbles overhears DuQuesne talking to Iteration-177 and attempts to assist him with his story.
bluff: 1d20 ⇒ 2


The gala is in full swing and time just seems to fly by. Nadia and the group of scholars engage in a lively discussion. One elderly woman starts to offer her a research position, when Royo cuts in, "Oh no, she's one of ours," he says with pride. 3rd and 4th successes
--
DuQuesne entertains Iteration-177 with more tales of Starfinder adventures. Iteration-177 compliments him and adds, "I knew our investments in the Society would payoff." 4th success
--
Sadly Zo! has grown irritated and rebuffs any further attempts to engage with him. It's been a rough evening for Captain Marbles
--
Dariox tries to strike up a conversation with Ykris, but finds herself distractedly watching their interface with their host. 1st Failure
--
Actions remaining
Round 5
- Nadia - Detect Thoughts w/Naiaj (Engineering, teamwork)
- Captain Marbles - Sense Motive w/Ykris (failed)
- Bilimi - Sense Motive w/Ykris (Life Science)
- DuQuesne - Diplomacy w/Iteration-177 (success)
- Dariox - Culture w/Iteration-177 (success)
Round 6
- Nadia - Physical Science w/Royo (success)
- Captain Marbles - Sense Motive w/Royo (Physical Science)
- Bilimi - Sense Motive w/Iteration-177 (Bluff, Mysticism)
- DuQuesne - Medicine w/Ykris (success)
- Dariox - Culture w/Royo (failed)
Round 7
- Nadia - Physical Science w/Royo (success)
- Captain Marbles - Weapons w/Zo! (failed)
- Bilimi
- DuQuesne - Bluff w/Iteration-177 (failed)
- Dariox - Culture w/Ykris (failed)
Round 8
- Nadia - Physical Science w/Royo (success)
- Captain Marbles - Bluff (aid) w/Iteration-177
- Bilimi
- DuQuesne - Bluff w/Iteration-177 (success)
- Dariox

Wayfinders

Male CG halfling spacefarer solarian 1.1 | SP 9/9 HP 9/9 | RP 3/4 | EAC 16; KAC 17 | Fort +4; Ref +3; Will +3 | Init: +2 | Perc: +6, SM: +4 | Speed 30ft | +3 vs. fear effects,halfling luck, sneaky, stellar mode, theme knowledge | Active conditions: None.

Bilimi heads over to Ykris. "So I would like to talk about the symbiotic relation ship you have with your host. I was wondering about skills, you know do they translate between hosts. What about physical limitations of the new hosts..."

He will spend the next 2 rounds discussing. Hope this works because I am untrained in all the other skills need and the are trained only.

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 13
Diplomacy: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (20) + 6 = 26

Acquisitives

Female Half-Orc Xenoarcheologist Envoy 2 | SP 0/12 HP 1/18 | RP 3/5 | EAC 14; KAC 15; ACvCM 23 | Fort +0; Ref +5; Will +3 | Init: +2 | Perc: +5, SM: +5 | Speed 30ft | darkvision 60 ft | Active conditions: none

Dariox approaches Ykris, trying to engage him in conversation over the bond that he and his host share.

Culture: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 13 Why do my dice hate me right now?


Bilimi enters into a long discussion of symbiotic relationships, and how it all works. Ykris allows Jhireu (the host) to speak some about the relationship. In the end, Bilimi's curiosity gets the best of him and he asks if he could see what it's like. Ykris agrees and detaches from Jhireu, and implant onto Bilimi. While implanted, Bilimi is able to communicate mentally with Ykris, though unable to control his speech or movements. Ykris speaks through Bilimi to Dariox for a little while, before returning to Jhireu. Success, Bilimi takes 2 piercing damage

As Ykris and Jhireu are getting resettle, Radaszam waves the party over to him.

The burly vesk doesn't mince words. "We've got a situation on our hands. I've been following rumors of a somewhat notorious assassin who only recently showed up on Absalom Station. I just heard from one of my contacts that signs point to the First Seeker as the assassin's next target—and if that's the case, the assassin will almost certainly make a move tonight."

"Now here's the thing. I've got enough security here that no one's really in any danger; and besides, Luwazi's no stranger to a fight. But it’d look really bad for the Society if someone took at shot at her in front of all these high-ups, you know what I mean?"

"On the other hand, if a team of crack Starfinders were to investigate the rumors and unmask the assassin, we'd be able to show that we can still hold our own and add some, oh, let’s say, gravitas to the First Seeker's announcement tonight. Defeat this assassin in style, impress the investors, make yourselves look good in the process... What do you say?"

Wayfinders

Male CG halfling spacefarer solarian 1.1 | SP 9/9 HP 9/9 | RP 3/4 | EAC 16; KAC 17 | Fort +4; Ref +3; Will +3 | Init: +2 | Perc: +6, SM: +4 | Speed 30ft | +3 vs. fear effects,halfling luck, sneaky, stellar mode, theme knowledge | Active conditions: None.

"Now that is more up my ally." Bilimi says rubbing his neck from where Ykris had attached himself.

How is 2 Damage a success. Ouch... :)

Acquisitives

Female Half-Orc Xenoarcheologist Envoy 2 | SP 0/12 HP 1/18 | RP 3/5 | EAC 14; KAC 15; ACvCM 23 | Fort +0; Ref +5; Will +3 | Init: +2 | Perc: +5, SM: +5 | Speed 30ft | darkvision 60 ft | Active conditions: none

"Of course. Catching and dealing with an assassin should be much easier than dealing with people we want to be nice with."

Acquisitives

Male NG Halfling Corporate Agent Envoy 1 | SP 6/6 HP 8/8 | RP 2/3 | EAC 15; KAC 16 | Fort +1; Ref +7; Will +3 | Init: +4 | Perc: +6, SM: +4 | Speed 30ft | +3 vs. fear effects, sneaky, Get'em, +1d6 insight SM & Medicine

I had heard that Starfinder parties tend to get a little rowdy. But this might actually improve the impression some of our more adventurous guests have of us”. DuQuesne gets closer.”What more can you tell us about this assassin? A name and a method would make our job quite easier”. Cracks his knucles. “Ouch!”.

Exo-Guardians

Male; Ysoki; Mercenary; Soldier 1 |SP 7/7; HP 5/9|RP 3/4|EAC 14; KAC 15|Fort+2; Ref +3; Will+2|Init+3|Perc/SM +0| |Speed 30|Gloom Weapons|Improved Demoralize; Intim+7|

Investigate reports of assassins? Now this I can do.
Marbles visibly perks up


"Excellent," growls Radaszam. "The assassin is known as Triloteya, but beyond that we know very little about them. They've been traced to to a rented engineering bay in Sparks." He provides the address, adding "Check it out, and hopefully you can find some more details about them and their plan."

A little time for questions if you have any

Before you leave, Radaszam provides you with a few items from him and Luwazi: two screamer grenades I, a tactical arc emitter, and 1,000 credits.

The trip down to Sparks will take about 15 minutes via a series of long lifts, so you have some time to use if you like.

Second Seekers (Luwazi Elsbo)

Female LN Korasha Lashunta Spacefarer Mechanic 1 | SP 0/7 HP 0/10 | RP 2/3 | EAC 12; KAC 15 | Fort +3; Ref +3; Will +0 | Init: +1 | Perc: +3(Drone) | Speed 25ft | Daze(at will), Psychokinetic Hand(at will), Detect Thoughts(1/day)

Nadia reaches for one of the grenades. Thank you sir. We will seek this assassin out. Do we know if they have any accomplices? Is the being they are renting the bay from involved for example?

Acquisitives

Male NG Halfling Corporate Agent Envoy 1 | SP 6/6 HP 8/8 | RP 2/3 | EAC 15; KAC 16 | Fort +1; Ref +7; Will +3 | Init: +4 | Perc: +6, SM: +4 | Speed 30ft | +3 vs. fear effects, sneaky, Get'em, +1d6 insight SM & Medicine

They must be very confident, to plot against our First Seeker. What other crimes has this Triloteya commited?" DuQuesne ponders for a bit. ”And is the assassin just mad, or one of the Starfinder Society’s enemies might be behind this?”. “This is equally outrageous and exciting!

DuQuesne will volunteer to make a Medicine check to Treat Deadly Wounds, if anyone has hit point damage. And he pockets his 200 credits.

The assassin is coming to the party but he sends us away to look for him? Sooo shady!


"Triloteya has a fairly notorious reputation, but little is known about them or their methods," Radaszam informs "Most likely they were hired by a third party. And we've not had any time to follow-up on the location. I suggest you do that on your way down."

Computers to research your destination. Culture or Computers to recall/research Triloteya. You've each got time for one computer search on the trip down.

Exo-Guardians

Male; Ysoki; Mercenary; Soldier 1 |SP 7/7; HP 5/9|RP 3/4|EAC 14; KAC 15|Fort+2; Ref +3; Will+2|Init+3|Perc/SM +0| |Speed 30|Gloom Weapons|Improved Demoralize; Intim+7|

Marbles thinks about asking if they’ve started testing the food for poison but then glances around at the snobbish intellectuals in the room that had made him feel so inadequate and decides he hopes they don’t test the food.

Marbles will do an untrained culture check to recall knowledge about the assassins
culture: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3

51 to 100 of 199 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / [SFS Gameday VIII] GM Wolffauer's 1-05 The First Mandate All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.