GM SpiderBeard's Tyrant's Grasp

Game Master Barvo Delancy

Book One: The Dead Roads

Loot Tracker | Maps and Images


851 to 879 of 879 << first < prev | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | next > last >>

.

Sorry everyone is up!


M Human Cavalier 2 | HP: 24/24 | AC: 18 (T: 12, FF: 16) | CMB: +4, CMD: 16 | F: +6, R: +3, W: +3 | Init: +2| Perc: +8 | Speed 30ft | Challenge: 1/1 | Active conditions: ACP -1

Am I only sorta grappled or completely grappled?


.

You're grappled and more importantly, unable to escape unless someone knows how to dissolve mimic slime. Knowledge dungeoneering btw!


Male Middle-aged Human Cleric (Sarenrae) 1 | HP: 15/15 | AC:16 (T:10, FF:15) | CMB: +2, CMD: 12 | F: +4, R: +0, W: +7 | Init: +4 | Perc: +9 | Speed 30ft | Spells: 0:4 1:2+1 | Active conditions: N/A

Tornell sees Malvo's weapon gets stuck to the creature. He hesitates momentarily, but decides to swing anyways, and he'll worry about the effects afterwards. He's running low on options at this point anyways.

Attack: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 2 = 20 Damage: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4
Reflex bonus is... uhh, nothing. If it fails, I'll try at prying it off.
Spiderbeard, not to metagame, but to speed things along, is this a by-the-book Mimic? That is, is the save DC for its adhesive still 17?


.

DC is 17. This is a textbook mimic. Yeah since its a move action to pry off I forgot you can swing then pry in one round. Make your reflex saves as you attack.


Male Halfling Bard 2 | HP: 16/16 | AC:15 (T:12,FF:14) | CMB:+1, CMD:12 | F:+1, R:+4, W:+3 (+6 vs Fear)) | Init:+1 | Perc:+7 | Speed 20ft | Bardic Performance: 6/9 used | Spells Used: L1 1/3 | Active conditions: 1 CHA damage

Alara, I left you a flank position but it doesn't look like you moved into it. Spiderbeard, please add the +2 to my attack if she is in flank.

Deciding to give up the morningstar as lost for now, Malvo draws his backup sword and swings.
Attack (longsword): 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (10) + 3 = 13 Damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6
Reflex: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (13) + 4 = 17


Male Middle-aged Human Cleric (Sarenrae) 1 | HP: 15/15 | AC:16 (T:10, FF:15) | CMB: +2, CMD: 12 | F: +4, R: +0, W: +7 | Init: +4 | Perc: +9 | Speed 30ft | Spells: 0:4 1:2+1 | Active conditions: N/A

Reflex Save: 1d20 ⇒ 14
Strength: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3
Tornell slams his morningstar onto the thing, but it holds fast. He gives it a tug, but fails to dislodge it. It's starting a collection.


.

Alara didn't move at all so I'll get her into reasonable rogue position.

GM Rolls:

GRapple: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11
Constrict: 1d8 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11

Malvo and Alara try their best at the mimic but they can't land a blow on the weird blobby thing. Tornell just yanks onto his morningstar to no avail.

Ridill is in a very bad way with the mimic, and as he yanks at it, it becomes apparent he is glued to his opponent. For lack of a better option, he responds by wrestling with its tendrils and trying to gain control of the grapple.

This goes very badly and the mimic soon has Ridill upside-down, where it slams the big man into the side of the wall, knocking him senseless.

Round Two:

Tornell
Artyom
Malvo
---
Mimic (-12)
---
Ridill (grappled) (-18)
Alara

Everyone is up! GMPC'd Ridill who takes an additional 11 damage.


Male Human (Taldan/Varisian) Pact Wizard (Mercy Patron) 2 | HP: 14/14 | AC: 10 (T: 10, FF: 10) | CMB: +1, CMD: 11 | F: +1, R: +0, W: +5 | Init: +0 | Perc: +2 | Speed 30ft | The Artisan ability: 0/1 | Hand of the Apprentice: 0/7 | Active conditions: None

Again, do I know anything else about mimics because of my high knowledge roll?


Ki Points: 2/4|Female Elf Ninja 2|HP: 14/16|AC: 17/14/13|Saves: +1 Fort, +5 Ref, -1 Will (+2 vs. enchantments, +1 vs. mind-affecting)|Init: +4|Perc: +6

Alara winces as Ridill gets smashed against the wall by the mimic and tries to smack it with her nunchaku again!

Sneak Attack (Flanking): 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (18) + 6 = 24
Sneak Attack Damage: 1d6 + 2d6 ⇒ (2) + (2, 4) = 8
Reflex Save?: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (9) + 5 = 14

She grins as she makes a good hit, but is forced to pry her weapon loose.

Move action to pry it loose.

STR: 1d20 ⇒ 9

And it refuses to come loose. "Aww."


Male Halfling Bard 2 | HP: 16/16 | AC:15 (T:12,FF:14) | CMB:+1, CMD:12 | F:+1, R:+4, W:+3 (+6 vs Fear)) | Init:+1 | Perc:+7 | Speed 20ft | Bardic Performance: 6/9 used | Spells Used: L1 1/3 | Active conditions: 1 CHA damage

Malvo does his best to free Ridill from the mimic's grasp.
Attack (longsword, flanking): 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (19) + 5 = 24 Damage (arcane strike): 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7
Reflex: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11
STR: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 1 = 17

Edit: Just remembered that longsword is a 19-20 crit:
Confirm?: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (13) + 5 = 18 Damage (arcane strike): 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6


Male Middle-aged Human Cleric (Sarenrae) 1 | HP: 15/15 | AC:16 (T:10, FF:15) | CMB: +2, CMD: 12 | F: +4, R: +0, W: +7 | Init: +4 | Perc: +9 | Speed 30ft | Spells: 0:4 1:2+1 | Active conditions: N/A

Tornell struggles again to yank off his morningstar.
Strength Check: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (18) + 1 = 19

And, amazingly, with a grunt of success, he's able to pry it off. And then learns nothing (Or is too frustrated to try something else) by slamming it into the beast again.

Attack: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 2 = 20 Damage: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8
Reflex: 1d20 ⇒ 9

And, to the surprise of no one, it gets stuck again.


.

@Artyom, sorry! Lost in the shuffle.

Artyom recalls that the adhesive 'glue' that mimics are covered in can be dissolved with strong alcohol.


2 people marked this as a favorite.
.

Alara scores a mighty hit and her nunchaku get stuck as well! However, the mimic does look like he's starting to reconsider his life decisions. This is furthered by Malvo scoring a mighty hit and Tornell shockingly yanking out his own morningstar and hammering the mimic. The last hit from the priest is enough to get the mimic to drop Ridill.

"ALRIGHT STOP! I YIELD!" The mimic's mouth turns into a gigantic unhappy face full of vicious teeth. "I'M SO HUNGRY! Have you ever eaten a tooth fairy? Yeeech!"

It sighs miserably and points a tentacle at the door Ridill had been trying to get through for the last few minutes. "Queen's thattaway. Her son is trying to kill her so she's set up all this stuff to keep him from getting to her."

All your weapons drop to the floor and Ridill is put down gently and patted with a tentacle in a 'sorry bro' sort of way.


M Human Cavalier 2 | HP: 24/24 | AC: 18 (T: 12, FF: 16) | CMB: +4, CMD: 16 | F: +6, R: +3, W: +3 | Init: +2| Perc: +8 | Speed 30ft | Challenge: 1/1 | Active conditions: ACP -1

Ridill makes a show of dusting his armor as he steadies himself. "Thank you." he says nonchalantly to the mimic.


Male Halfling Bard 2 | HP: 16/16 | AC:15 (T:12,FF:14) | CMB:+1, CMD:12 | F:+1, R:+4, W:+3 (+6 vs Fear)) | Init:+1 | Perc:+7 | Speed 20ft | Bardic Performance: 6/9 used | Spells Used: L1 1/3 | Active conditions: 1 CHA damage

"Just to be clear, there won't be any more of this when we come back out, right?"

Malvo picks up his own weapons and returns them to their places, while watching the mimic carefully.

"Shall we go speak with Her Majesty?"


Male Human (Taldan/Varisian) Pact Wizard (Mercy Patron) 2 | HP: 14/14 | AC: 10 (T: 10, FF: 10) | CMB: +1, CMD: 11 | F: +1, R: +0, W: +5 | Init: +0 | Perc: +2 | Speed 30ft | The Artisan ability: 0/1 | Hand of the Apprentice: 0/7 | Active conditions: None

Artyom relaxes his guard as the mimic gives up and laments on its lack of food. He feels some eyes looking at him and turns to find Ricky staring at him. He knows what his familiar is thinking. "No." Ricky fluffs his feathers a bit. "Why not?" Artyom sighs. "We already gave some rations to some bugs. We can't afford to give a bit of food to the mimic. We are in the Boneyard. Food isn't going to come easy here." Ricky chirps. "Exactly! Food doesn't come easy here! And the mimic's hungry!" Artyom thinks for a moment before sighing. He approaches the mimic. "Excuse me... sir. I do have a bit of food on me. Would it make you feel better if I shared some with you?"


1 person marked this as a favorite.
.

The mimic's enormous mouth turns into a gigantic grin and it grabs the ration and starts gobbling wildly. "OH THANK YOU omf KIND STRANGERS I'M SORRY I TRIED TO omf omf EAT YOU BUT STILL!"

The mimic reaches behind itself, patting around before passing over some goods. "I'm... very hurt but that little bit of food will keep me around for a while. We mimics don't eat often. Frankly I haven't spoken this much in years. I have life choices to reconsider, please go on. Maybe I'll go move to another castle and spend some time as an ottoman. Take this."

The mimic hands you over a couple of blue potions which you recognize as cure light wounds potions.

You head through the east door.

----

This lofty hall has two alcoves to the east, each bearing a standing suit of spiky armor. Several teeth are affixed to the armors’ visors, forming a grin on one armor and a scowl on the other. A large throne stands between them, with mounds of tattered pillows heaped upon its seat. A door leads out to the west.

An immensely fat tooth fairy with a bloated insectile torso and withered limbs lounges on pillows here. An esobok is snoozing in front of her. As the doors open, her eyes go wide and she points at you.

"I KNEW THAT BASTARD WOULD SEND ADVENTURERS AFTER ME!" He thumbs the esobok with her meaty thorax. "Stritcher, sic 'em!"

The psychopomp rises, gives the queen an irritated glare, and turns to face you, ready for a fight.


Ki Points: 2/4|Female Elf Ninja 2|HP: 14/16|AC: 17/14/13|Saves: +1 Fort, +5 Ref, -1 Will (+2 vs. enchantments, +1 vs. mind-affecting)|Init: +4|Perc: +6

Alara gives the mimic a sad smile. "Sorry about all this."

But, you know... you DID try to eat one of us.
-----------------
When the party arrives before the supposed 'tooth fairy queen', Alara holds her hands up. "Wait, your Highness!"

"Your prince did send us here, but we have no interest in doing you harm. Allow us to explain our reasons for being here."

Diplomacy?: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (7) + 8 = 15

...I dunno if that'll work...


M Human Cavalier 2 | HP: 24/24 | AC: 18 (T: 12, FF: 16) | CMB: +4, CMD: 16 | F: +6, R: +3, W: +3 | Init: +2| Perc: +8 | Speed 30ft | Challenge: 1/1 | Active conditions: ACP -1

Couple as in two?

"Much appreciated." Ridill cheerfully tells the mimic as it hands over the potions.

----

"Ah! Your Excellency, pleased to finally make your acquaintance." Ridill greets the queen with a bow.

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (20) + 5 = 25


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Middle-aged Human Cleric (Sarenrae) 1 | HP: 15/15 | AC:16 (T:10, FF:15) | CMB: +2, CMD: 12 | F: +4, R: +0, W: +7 | Init: +4 | Perc: +9 | Speed 30ft | Spells: 0:4 1:2+1 | Active conditions: N/A

Tornell gives Artyom an askew glance as he moves up to offer some rations. Sure, part of him considered feeding the thing, but the jerk tried to eat the party.

And then Artyom's generousity paid off with potions. Tornell grunts, sighs, and shakes his head. Stupid mage out-doing him at being generous and accommodating.

-----

Tornell stays silent, but tries to cut a respectful yet official appearance, letting others do the talking for now. Too many people shouting over each other easily spoils any attempt at diplomacy.


Male Halfling Bard 2 | HP: 16/16 | AC:15 (T:12,FF:14) | CMB:+1, CMD:12 | F:+1, R:+4, W:+3 (+6 vs Fear)) | Init:+1 | Perc:+7 | Speed 20ft | Bardic Performance: 6/9 used | Spells Used: L1 1/3 | Active conditions: 1 CHA damage

Malvo lets Ridill take the lead with the fey queen, staying alert but professional.


.

Ridill kind of just shoves Alara aside, knowing full well how to approach fey royalty and he sketches a fancy little bow. She seems to be set at ease.

"You come to my court at a strange time, humans. But I like your manners. Why have you come before me?"


Male Human (Taldan/Varisian) Pact Wizard (Mercy Patron) 2 | HP: 14/14 | AC: 10 (T: 10, FF: 10) | CMB: +1, CMD: 11 | F: +1, R: +0, W: +5 | Init: +0 | Perc: +2 | Speed 30ft | The Artisan ability: 0/1 | Hand of the Apprentice: 0/7 | Active conditions: None

Artyom is shocked by the generosity of the mimic. He stares at the potions, flabbergasted, before turning to Ricky. The raven gives what one can assume to be a smirk. ”Told you so. Isn’t it nice to help others?” Artyom looks back at the potions. ”Yes. And there are other benefits to it as well.”

So I’ve been giving rations to some things. How many do I have left?

————

When the team arrives to the queen’s throne room, the wizard decides to remain quiet and let Ridill take the lead.


M Human Cavalier 2 | HP: 24/24 | AC: 18 (T: 12, FF: 16) | CMB: +4, CMD: 16 | F: +6, R: +3, W: +3 | Init: +2| Perc: +8 | Speed 30ft | Challenge: 1/1 | Active conditions: ACP -1

"Our apologies for taking up your precious time, for which we are grateful for the curtesy you have extended to us. My companions and I are strangers in a strange land, and have been informed to seek you out to bestow the mark upon us so that we may travail the Dead Roads and return home." Ridill continues.


.

The Queen flutters her little wings and twitches her ginormous abdomen. "Yes, I can give you my stamp, but you must do a service for me. I imagine you know what it is. Kill my fool son, I am a prisoner as he foments rebellion against me. Also I assume you've killed most of my guardians and so I'd quite appreciate it if you did it quickly before he comes for me."


M Human Cavalier 2 | HP: 24/24 | AC: 18 (T: 12, FF: 16) | CMB: +4, CMD: 16 | F: +6, R: +3, W: +3 | Init: +2| Perc: +8 | Speed 30ft | Challenge: 1/1 | Active conditions: ACP -1

Highest bidder wins! "It would be a honor, your excellency." Ridill answers with another bow.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Ki Points: 2/4|Female Elf Ninja 2|HP: 14/16|AC: 17/14/13|Saves: +1 Fort, +5 Ref, -1 Will (+2 vs. enchantments, +1 vs. mind-affecting)|Init: +4|Perc: +6

Alara mimicks Ridill's bow, opting just to keep her mouth shut for the time being.


Male Halfling Bard 2 | HP: 16/16 | AC:15 (T:12,FF:14) | CMB:+1, CMD:12 | F:+1, R:+4, W:+3 (+6 vs Fear)) | Init:+1 | Perc:+7 | Speed 20ft | Bardic Performance: 6/9 used | Spells Used: L1 1/3 | Active conditions: 1 CHA damage

"Could her majesty provide us any information that might assist us in performing this service quickly and efficiently? Any weaknesses or other useful tips?"

851 to 879 of 879 << first < prev | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM SpiderBeard's Tyrant's Grasp All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.