Game Master S's "To Conquer the Dragon" (Table 1) (Inactive)

Game Master Chris Marsh

Handouts | Tactical Map | Ship Roles

Quickpost:

Initiative:
[dice=Hostiles]d20[/dice]
[dice=Duhm Kaoh]d20+1[/dice]
[dice="Maverick"]d20+13[/dice]
[dice=Kiv]d20+8[/dice]
[dice=Neroo]d20+8[/dice]
[dice=Sparks]d20+6[/dice]


1 to 50 of 337 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | next > last >>

| Dead Suns | Enter the Ashen Asteroid | Ship Roles |

Electronic signature here.


| Dead Suns | Enter the Ashen Asteroid | Ship Roles |

A holographic display shows the inky void filled with twinkling stars and the lingering forms of starships outside Absalom Station. The images then zooms in from the outside-station view, transitioning to focus on the Society’s private docks, which are abuzz with activity as technicians, suppliers, and contractors perform repairs and prepare Starfinder vessels for departure. Venture-Captain Naiaj finishes her interactions with the hologram, making concise finger motions to provide orders to the dock workers and docked Society starships.

As Naiaj finishes with a few last details, she waves a greeting from her side of the meeting table. “The Triaxus team. Excellent. I’ve transmitted a briefing to your comms, but I’ll summarize. The Society has recently finished renovation of an old building to construct a new lodge in Cumo, a trade port on the Pact World of Triaxus. The endeavor took significant negotiation and the opening ceremony will involve some festivities to celebrate the accomplishment. The lodge curator, a personal friend named Zafeldrin, asked for experienced agents to impress several local representatives. I’m told that it should be a quick meet and greet mission. So undoubtedly, either a war’s going to break out or some unexpected disaster is going to happen and I’d like to have some agents I trust on the field when that happens."

“You’re going there to help ensure sure this opening goes as smoothly as possible. Help Zafeldrin as the situation permits but keeping the lodge safe and secure is your top priority. Triaxus has numerous factions that oppose one another and while we’ve made friends with some, others may perceive the Society as a threat. I’ve requisitioned some additional medical supplies for your group should aggressive negotiations prove necessary.”

The venture-captain gestures out toward two vessels highlighted in the holographic image of the Society docks. “The Society’s also using this opportunity to show off its starships. The Drake’s superior hull and shielding mean you’re more likely to bring it back to me in one piece, but I’ve authorized you to use the Pegasus if you think emphasizing the Society’s exploratory efforts would make a better impression. If any of you have access to other hull types, now would also be an excellent opportunity to show them off.”

Naiaj glances at a blinking light on her data pad. “I have to deal with some last minute supply issues. I’ll have to keep this quick. Review your briefing and choose your starship. I expect an assessment of likely mission hazards and justification of your starship choice when I’m done.”

Currently still building my hand out that lists the ship stats. I thought I hand one, but for the life of me can't find it.

Acquisitives

Female Lashunta Icon 8 - EAC18 - KAC18 | SP48/48 HP52/52 RP10/10 | Init +3 | Perc +11 SM +11(+1d6)| F +5, R +8, W +4

You choose the right one to impress our guests!

Says a magnetic Lashunta that everyone in the room recognize as Neroo from Absalom Idol.
For now she's wearing a formal dress and smiles at everyone, followed by a small flying drone, filming her.

I will ask for my fans to make a big publicity of this event! We need to show everyone that the Starfinder Society is back!

Turning to her comrades with a professional gesture to show her best profile she says with a melodious voice. I will prefer the Drake, firepower is the best way of showing our strength.
But could we paint it in pink, blue and white? These are lovely colors!


| Dead Suns | Enter the Ashen Asteroid | Ship Roles |

Perception DC 24:

You catch that Naiaj paid for the additional medical supplies from her own account when the funding the Society provided for the mission was clearly insufficient.

Acquisitives

Female Lashunta Icon 8 - EAC18 - KAC18 | SP48/48 HP52/52 RP10/10 | Init +3 | Perc +11 SM +11(+1d6)| F +5, R +8, W +4

Perception (Neroo): 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (13) + 10 = 23
Perception (Drone): 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (9) + 11 = 20

Wayfinders

young white-furred Female Ysoki | SP 43/43 ; HP 33/33 ; RP 5/7 | +4 Mobility EAC 16 ; KAC 16 | +2 vs. spells & magical effects - Fort. +3 ; Ref. +6 ; Will +8 | Speed 30 ft. (20 ft. fly) | Perception +11 ; SM +2 (+6) | | Active condition(s): Life Bubble (immune to void effects)
OOC:
N lvl 1 Mystic (Star Shaman) lvl 5 Technomancer ; worships Ibra

A young, small, petite, delicate, and immaculately white Ysoki, carrying nothing at all, and wearing only the lustrous fur her parents gave her finishes watching the holo' display, and claps cheerfully.

She then touches a datajack on the left side of her head and concentrates briefly as she has her I.A. read the briefing to her... the voice is Fitch's.

You spot a small white mouse perched on the top of her head, peering at Neroo. The mouse squeaks: "That's Neroo from Absalom Idol!!!"

Sparks shrugs: "Well, hello Neroo! I’m Sparks. Whatever starship we take I'm ready to pilot it.”

Perception: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (7) + 11 = 18

Acquisitives

Male CG Human Ace Pilot Operative 9 | SP 51/51 HP 52/52 | RP 8/10 | EAC 27; KAC 28 | Fort +3; Ref +12; Will +8 | Init: +13 | Darkvision; Perc: +16, SM: +12 | Speed 70 ft. (Land, Fly) 60 ft. (Swim, Climb) |Active Conditions: Holographic Clone, Life Bubble.

Speaking up from his seat at the conference table a human, his hair cut short in a conservative military stye, his eyes hidden by aviator sunglasses speaks up,

"Ma'am the Drake is as reliable a starship as any I've ever flown and it never hurts to carry as much firepower as possible should we get in a dog fight."

"Venture Captain when you picked the team for this mission I know you were looking for the best starship pilot you could find. Well, you've found him, my name's Jerris Sakai, but everyone knows me by my call sign... Maverick."

Perception: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (3) + 16 = 19


| Dead Suns | Enter the Ashen Asteroid | Ship Roles |

"I chose you each for a reason." She seems distracted by the feed of information in front of her. "Time is of the essence Starfinders. If it's the Drake it'll be fueled up and ready to go when you get to the dock."

Feel free to ask any other questions. Also, now is a good time to slot boons. Looks like APL is 6.8 which means high tier. We have 1 more to check in, and then we're good.

Wayfinders

young white-furred Female Ysoki | SP 43/43 ; HP 33/33 ; RP 5/7 | +4 Mobility EAC 16 ; KAC 16 | +2 vs. spells & magical effects - Fort. +3 ; Ref. +6 ; Will +8 | Speed 30 ft. (20 ft. fly) | Perception +11 ; SM +2 (+6) | | Active condition(s): Life Bubble (immune to void effects)
OOC:
N lvl 1 Mystic (Star Shaman) lvl 5 Technomancer ; worships Ibra

"Pleasure is more important than anything! And I love piloting!"

Dataphiles

Female Lashunta ~ Damaya Operative {Ghost}/ 6 | Stamina: 36/36 | Hp: 40/40 | Resolve:6/9 | EAC: 22 | KAC: 22 KAC: 30 | F:+2 | R: +11 | W: +6 | Init: +8 | Perception: +14

A lashunta in skin-tight, charcoal colored armor sits quietly in back. As everyone begins to claim the cockpit, a quiet and tired sigh escapes her lips. Oh for the love of Stars! Why can't I ever be assigned to a team of professionals? Preening, egotistical narcissists. Worried about the flashy ride instead of the objective.

Perception: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (7) + 14 = 21

"Captain, what are Zafeldrin's qualifications or areas of expertise? I would imagine that The Society placed him in charge of a lodge for a good reason. According to your briefing, it looks like the weather might be an issue. Is the plan to host a gala inside the lodge? That may change the nature of our detail. If it comes down to it, was is the priority; Are we to project strength or an open eagerness to work with others?

As she speaks, she keeps an eye on the other lashunta's drone. No doubt broadcasting inane drivel across the cosmos. Why don't these "agents" understand that some of us can't afford to have our identities simulcast throughout the infosphere? Some of us rely on stealth and discretion. It looks like once again I'm going to have to keep alert. Maybe I can reprogram her drone the way I did during Zo!'s broadcast. Well, let's just see if I can stay in it's blindspot for now.

Culture {Triaxus}: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (4) + 15 = 19
Stealth {To avoid the camera drone}: 1d20 + 21 ⇒ (9) + 21 = 30

Acquisitives

Male CG Human Ace Pilot Operative 9 | SP 51/51 HP 52/52 | RP 8/10 | EAC 27; KAC 28 | Fort +3; Ref +12; Will +8 | Init: +13 | Darkvision; Perc: +16, SM: +12 | Speed 70 ft. (Land, Fly) 60 ft. (Swim, Climb) |Active Conditions: Holographic Clone, Life Bubble.

Maverick looks at Sparks, "I didn't sign up for this mission to ride in the backseat. The Drake has only one pilot seat."

I'm just RPing my character. We can decide as a group who will fill what role. My piloting score is +21.

I slotted my boons in the discussion thread. The ones to note are Known Quality which affects my day job check, Devolved which allows me to fly, and Weapon of a Lost Civilization which allows us to change out the weapon on a heavy weapons mount on our Drake with a Heavy Nuclear Missile Launcher or on a light weapon mount with a tactical nuclear missile launcher. I have several other starship boons that would be useful if our weapons are adequate that boosts things like shields, my piloting score, etc...

Dataphiles

Female Lashunta ~ Damaya Operative {Ghost}/ 6 | Stamina: 36/36 | Hp: 40/40 | Resolve:6/9 | EAC: 22 | KAC: 22 KAC: 30 | F:+2 | R: +11 | W: +6 | Init: +8 | Perception: +14

No worries. It seems like everyone has a great grasp on their characters. That's one of the best parts about the 'mid'-levels. By now all the kinks are worked out and personalities are fairly well set. I will slot boons when I get home from work.

Acquisitives

Female Lashunta Icon 8 - EAC18 - KAC18 | SP48/48 HP52/52 RP10/10 | Init +3 | Perc +11 SM +11(+1d6)| F +5, R +8, W +4

Neroo smiles at Kiv.

@Kiv (via Telepathy):
Don't worry friend, the feed is not live. I have my programs recoding the feed to do some image editing and to rework the data in a way I prefer.

Turning to her comrades she says I'm not a pilot! Nor a gunner, but I can help at the helm as a Captain or as Science Officer or Engineer. So I let the big boys chose who's best.

Then she continues Good questions Kiv, Captain Naiaj, do we have a guest list? Do we know of some problems with specific faction and the Society?
I have a fan that reported me some problem in a icy planet with one of the Triaxian faction and the Society...

At the same time, she looks at the infosphere about the planet.
Culture (Library Chip): 20 + 20 + 4 = 44

Dataphiles

Female Lashunta ~ Damaya Operative {Ghost}/ 6 | Stamina: 36/36 | Hp: 40/40 | Resolve:6/9 | EAC: 22 | KAC: 22 KAC: 30 | F:+2 | R: +11 | W: +6 | Init: +8 | Perception: +14

@Neroo {via Telepath}:
Of course sister! I expected nothing less.

Exo-Guardians

LN Nuar Mindbreaker Mystic 7| | SP 19/61 HP 41/41 | KAC 21 EAC 20 | Fort 4 Ref 4 Will 9 Init: +1 | Perc: +14  | Speed 30 | Active Conditions: None | Shirt Reroll: Not Used | RP 7/7

Entering in is DataSphere Meme Sensation Duhm Kaoh. Former Band Manager of WE ATE GOLARION and current Bass Guitarist of COURT OF BONES. Everyone recognizes him who has spent at least some time on the DataSphere; and not everyone is pleased with that. He wears his signature HellKnight armor and carries on his back both his Bass Guitar Euphonic Instrument and his Inubrix Sintered Greataxe.

He breaths deeply from his mask which contorts the sound into a snort of infernal fire, before a mechanical and yet deep voice says quite simply, "Sup."

Perception DC24: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (10) + 14 = 24

"Naiaj, seems you care about the success of this a bit more than the society does." He thrusts his arm forward with his pinky and pointer finger flexed upwards, middle and ring finger pulled down. "Rock on, Naiaj!"

Duhm Kaoh is loading his GenCon2018 Boon; Mystical Guidance System. He is a Gunner who uses Wisdom and Mysticism instead of Dexterity and Piloting for Gunnery checks.

Duhm Kaoh also has his badge of honor with the Improved Champion of the Exo-Guardian boon. He gains both Primary and Secondary success reputation with Exo-Guardians if the mission is successful, and once per adventure if he lands a Critical Hit in combat against a significant enemy or succeeds a Life Science check that was written into the adventure, he regains 1 Resolve Point.

Wayfinders

young white-furred Female Ysoki | SP 43/43 ; HP 33/33 ; RP 5/7 | +4 Mobility EAC 16 ; KAC 16 | +2 vs. spells & magical effects - Fort. +3 ; Ref. +6 ; Will +8 | Speed 30 ft. (20 ft. fly) | Perception +11 ; SM +2 (+6) | | Active condition(s): Life Bubble (immune to void effects)
OOC:
N lvl 1 Mystic (Star Shaman) lvl 5 Technomancer ; worships Ibra

"Yes, of course, let the big boys chose who's best! Of course! As always! Us short girls never get a say.
Well, since it was just stated that the Society’s also using this opportunity to show off its starships, with an S, as in plural. I'll go with plurality and take the Pegasus, as authorized.
Only because I think "emphasizing the Society’s exploratory efforts would make a better impression".
So, we'll sure impress Triaxus: they have two sides to their planet, hot and cold, we'll show the two sides of our ships!"

Dataphiles

Female Lashunta ~ Damaya Operative {Ghost}/ 6 | Stamina: 36/36 | Hp: 40/40 | Resolve:6/9 | EAC: 22 | KAC: 22 KAC: 30 | F:+2 | R: +11 | W: +6 | Init: +8 | Perception: +14

THIS! This is the problem with amateurs.

Though I have to admit the idea of two ships is really interesting.


| Dead Suns | Enter the Ashen Asteroid | Ship Roles |

There's a lot of street knowledge on the planet Triaxis in the group. Triaxus is known as the Wanderer because of its irregular and eccentric orbit. The planet experiences decades-long summers and winters as it travels from the inner to the outer regions of the Golarion system and back. A full cycle takes 317 Pact Standard years. Triaxian culture is largely defined by the long conflict between the dragons of the Drakelands and the humanoids of the Allied Territories. Between them is the Skyfire Mandate, home to the famous mercenary company, the Skyfire Legion. The trade port of Cumo sits on a river delta on the southern shore of the Mandate on the Sephorian Sea. The conflict between the dragons and the humanoids has cooled since interplanetary travel became possible, but some of the dragon-led dragoncorps still look to expand their territory and sow spies and sleeper agents throughout the Allied Territories and the Skyfire Mandate. The Parapet Mountains stretch along the Skyfire Mandate and serve as a natural barrier to the Drakelands. Abandoned Dragon Legion outposts lie within the twisting passes, unclaimed due to rumors of haunts and curses. While the new lodge is likely to dispatch agents to explore these mountains, only the most experienced can survive such a treacherous region. The dragoncorp Frozen Trove recently came into conflict with the Starfinder Society and worked behind the scenes to block the construction of the new lodge. Frozen Trove operates under the direction of a white dragon CEO named Aralydio as well as other dragons that occupy leadership roles in the corporation.

Naiaj offer sup some answers, “As I mentioned, Zafeldrin is a friend and a good agent. While he doesn’t have any interest in promotion, he has enough experience that we wanted him to manage the new lodge until suitable candidates present themself. I think you’ll get along; after all, I don’t frivolously select my friends. I suspect you'll be inside most of the time. You need to make sure the guests are there legitimately and sweep for any listening devices or intrusions onto the lodge grounds. Even our new local friends may take the opportunity to gain some extra access if they have the chance. Also, obvious as it is, you need to do your best to prevent any overt attack on the lodge or its guests. We want to build relationships though, so try to do it with a smile.”

Acquisitives

Female Lashunta Icon 8 - EAC18 - KAC18 | SP48/48 HP52/52 RP10/10 | Init +3 | Perc +11 SM +11(+1d6)| F +5, R +8, W +4

I always smile!

Says Neroo with her bright smile, then she turns to her camera drone and smile even broader.
A little more seriously she adds I will swipe the area and be sure that nothing could spy on us!

Wayfinders

young white-furred Female Ysoki | SP 43/43 ; HP 33/33 ; RP 5/7 | +4 Mobility EAC 16 ; KAC 16 | +2 vs. spells & magical effects - Fort. +3 ; Ref. +6 ; Will +8 | Speed 30 ft. (20 ft. fly) | Perception +11 ; SM +2 (+6) | | Active condition(s): Life Bubble (immune to void effects)
OOC:
N lvl 1 Mystic (Star Shaman) lvl 5 Technomancer ; worships Ibra

"She didn't say 'No' to taking both ships. So, Maverick, I guess you can fly off on the extra one if you want!"


| Dead Suns | Enter the Ashen Asteroid | Ship Roles |

Indeed... she did not say no.

Once the questions seemed to be wrapped up, she nods and hands a small attache. Inside are six mk 2 Healing Serums.

When you arrive at the docking station it looks like the reason she didn't say no is because there's only one ship ready to fly. The dock is abuzz with other activity and after confirming the flight plan, you're cleared for take off.

Duration: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8 Days

About 4 days into the 8 day journey, your path crosses an Idaran Vanserai class starship. Named The Void Scholar, it seems to be adrift...

Acquisitives

Female Lashunta Icon 8 - EAC18 - KAC18 | SP48/48 HP52/52 RP10/10 | Init +3 | Perc +11 SM +11(+1d6)| F +5, R +8, W +4

Strange...
I don't like that. Lets find out if they are in real trouble.

Neroo scans the ship to find if there is any crew member inside the Void Scholar while asking her comrades to try to reach the ship via standard communication.

Computer (scan): 1d20 + 20 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 20 + 2 = 35


| Dead Suns | Enter the Ashen Asteroid | Ship Roles |

The ship’s captain, a kasatha named Kahir, responds to the scan. "Greetings. We're fine down here. We're currently analyzing data collected from a stellar phenomenon forming in Near space to help coordinate a good place to transition in from the Drift. The event is a cosmic anomaly, similar in nature to the energies wielded by solarians, and, well, the rest is boring. Now worries here. We're good."

Indeed the scan actually shows that the ship is outfitted with a variety of sensors, and the manifest checks out on the Infosphere.

It's the only distraction in an otherwise boring trip. At least there's plenty of time to get to know everyone else on the mission...

Wayfinders

young white-furred Female Ysoki | SP 43/43 ; HP 33/33 ; RP 5/7 | +4 Mobility EAC 16 ; KAC 16 | +2 vs. spells & magical effects - Fort. +3 ; Ref. +6 ; Will +8 | Speed 30 ft. (20 ft. fly) | Perception +11 ; SM +2 (+6) | | Active condition(s): Life Bubble (immune to void effects)
OOC:
N lvl 1 Mystic (Star Shaman) lvl 5 Technomancer ; worships Ibra

Sparks dances her way to the docks... and then pouts.

"Big boys flying again... anti-small female discrimination!
I'm sure fur plays a part in it too!".

Pointing out that her cheek pouches are full, Sparks takes none of the serums.

During the trip, Sparks perks up: "Don't want to wish anyone ill, but maybe this Void Scholar needs a pilot?"
Sparks will think about the ship's name and see if it rings a bell.
Culture: 1d20 + 13 + 4 ⇒ (15) + 13 + 4 = 32 (-5 DC recall knowl’ re. starship & vehicle models & parts, and pilots)
She also starts looking into her downloaded Culture data set, getting any possible answers in a couple minutes-- unless things go wrong in the meantime.
Take 20 for 47 w. -5 DC recall knowl’ re. starship & vehicle models & parts, and pilots

Taking a deep voice she tries to contact the Void Scholar: "Peaceful Starfinder ship here. Come in Void Scholar. Come in. Are you in need of assistance?"

Then, hearing Kahir answer: "Maybe you need someone to pilot? So you can spend all your time looking at stellar phenomenons? If you really need... I can volunteer!"


| Dead Suns | Enter the Ashen Asteroid | Ship Roles |

Once you arrive at Triaxis, you're given clearance to land right away.

The settlement’s position near the equator keeps Cumo relatively temperate. Surface vessels sail up the river delta and out into the Sephorian Sea, while starship traffic regularly launches from the docks. A labyrinthine market twists in knots around the center of town and bustles with eager crowds. Unassuming doorways open to those in the know and conceal businesses offering all manner of illicit goods and services. Skyfire Legionnaires are a frequent sight, gathering for deployment at the docks or bartering at the markets while off duty. Sky bridges and landing perches for dragons and dragonkin are common as the open market ascends terraces to building rooftops five stories above the street.

It appears your docking fees have already been covered, but there's no sign of your contact, Zafeldrin. Instead a spaceshoreman approaches and hands you a brass cylinder and tells you that he was instructed to give this to Starfinders arriving today...

The brass cylinder has two compartments, each filled with metal shards.

Physical Sciences check DC 27:
You notice that the metals inside are all base elements and their atomic values correspond to a nearby latitude and longitude: the location of the lodge.

Acquisitives

Female Lashunta Icon 8 - EAC18 - KAC18 | SP48/48 HP52/52 RP10/10 | Init +3 | Perc +11 SM +11(+1d6)| F +5, R +8, W +4

Strangely, Neroo seems quite interested by the Void Scholar mission
Hi guys! I'm Neroo, from Absalom Idol! My viewers will be quite intested by your research. Can you tell us more about it? I've already made an emission about the solar system...
Physical Science (about the cosmic anomaly): 1d20 + 13 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 13 + 4 = 24

==== on Triaxis ====

Thank you! says Neroo, a little bit suspicious about the absence of Zafeldrin to greet them and even more at the strange device!

Physical Science DC27: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (17) + 13 = 30

But when she examined the cylinder she says with an exited voice Whouah! That's clever and so COOL and AMAZING!

Turning to her comrades she says Look! The metals inside are all base elements and their atomic values correspond to a nearby latitude and longitude! That's the location of the lodge!!! Isn't that clever?

Wayfinders

young white-furred Female Ysoki | SP 43/43 ; HP 33/33 ; RP 5/7 | +4 Mobility EAC 16 ; KAC 16 | +2 vs. spells & magical effects - Fort. +3 ; Ref. +6 ; Will +8 | Speed 30 ft. (20 ft. fly) | Perception +11 ; SM +2 (+6) | | Active condition(s): Life Bubble (immune to void effects)
OOC:
N lvl 1 Mystic (Star Shaman) lvl 5 Technomancer ; worships Ibra

Sad that she never got to pilot, Sparks mutters a lot about Drakes and Void Scholars and unfairness...

The day before arriving on Triaxus, Sparks refreshes Life Bubble on herself, and offers to cast it on all who wish - "No!", she tells Neroo's drone, "Not drones."
can cast on us 6 ; will last our arrival day +4

Sparks sniffs the cylinder Neroo is showing: "Yes! Very clever!"

Before exiting, she conjures a little makeshift wool hat, with the words Triaxus on it.
Though it disappears after an hour...

Exo-Guardians

LN Nuar Mindbreaker Mystic 7| | SP 19/61 HP 41/41 | KAC 21 EAC 20 | Fort 4 Ref 4 Will 9 Init: +1 | Perc: +14  | Speed 30 | Active Conditions: None | Shirt Reroll: Not Used | RP 7/7

Apologies for lack of posting yesterday; was not feeling well.

Duhm Kaoh takes a look for himself at this discovery, then scratches his head in confusion. "You lost me. I'm better at Biology than at Geoscience. So is this thing like a giant compass?"

Acquisitives

Female Lashunta Icon 8 - EAC18 - KAC18 | SP48/48 HP52/52 RP10/10 | Init +3 | Perc +11 SM +11(+1d6)| F +5, R +8, W +4

The drone makes a small sound of disappointment when Sparks' refuse to include it in her spell.

==== present day ====

Neroo smiles at Duhm.
Not exactly! It's more like a code to hide coordinates that we will put into the Drake's computer to get to the lodge. Funny, isn't it?


1 person marked this as a favorite.
| Dead Suns | Enter the Ashen Asteroid | Ship Roles |
Sparks' wrote:


Taking a deep voice she tries to contact the Void Scholar: "Peaceful Starfinder ship here. Come in Void Scholar. Come in. Are you in need of assistance?"

Then, hearing Kahir answer: "Maybe you need someone to pilot? So you can spend all your time looking at stellar phenomenons? If you really need... I can volunteer!"

I missed this as my post was open too long before I hit submit.

The Void Scholar responds congenially. " No, we're good, but thank you. Actually, if you're a Starfinder ship, you'll likely get the results of this study as soon as we're ready to publish. Keep an eye out for us!"


| Dead Suns | Enter the Ashen Asteroid | Ship Roles |

Neroo quickly works through the puzzle. Given coordinates, finding the lodge should be a snap.

And indeed it is. The new lodge curls around the top of a notable hill at the edge of Cumo like a skeletal wyrm clutching a diamond. A series of freshly renovated structures form a half circle around a grown crystal dome enclosure. The outer buildings crawl with communications equipment, humming power coils, and steaming computer-cooling systems. The dome holds a biome from another world, a multi-tiered summer oasis in the midst of the chill Triaxian winter. Walkways wind through patios and past fountains to lounging areas for secluded conversation. A large platform sits prominently near the top of the dome, nestled in an array of holographic data displays.

The lodge maintenance staff recognizes you as you approach and directs you to the dome where Zafeldrin, the young adult brass dragon, sits on a perch near the top of the dome. He flies down and eagerly welcomes you to White Sands Lodge. Zafeldrin has an exuberant, inquisitive manner, which is obvious as soon as he begins to speak, "Welcome! Welcome! I must say, you look like an impressive lot! Come in. Tell me all about yourselves!"

He stretches his long neck a bit. You get the feeling that he's looking at you like a scientist examines a specimen.

Acquisitives

Female Lashunta Icon 8 - EAC18 - KAC18 | SP48/48 HP52/52 RP10/10 | Init +3 | Perc +11 SM +11(+1d6)| F +5, R +8, W +4

Neroo stays a few second speechless at the sight of Zafeldrin which is quite unusual for her!

Whouah! You're quite impressive too! What an honor to meet you Zafeldrin! You certainly know me. I'm Neroo, from Absalom Idol. This she points at her drone is T0. It follows me everywhere.
Apart of the obvious, I'm also quite good with people and computers! People like me and I like them! Except for the mass murderers of course. You know BurgundyBear? This one is a good friend of mine! Have you heard the last Star Sugar album? It's speechless!!!!

After a short silence she adds I'm sorry, I don't speak Draconic - but I will learn! - only Triaxian.

Acquisitives

Male CG Human Ace Pilot Operative 9 | SP 51/51 HP 52/52 | RP 8/10 | EAC 27; KAC 28 | Fort +3; Ref +12; Will +8 | Init: +13 | Darkvision; Perc: +16, SM: +12 | Speed 70 ft. (Land, Fly) 60 ft. (Swim, Climb) |Active Conditions: Holographic Clone, Life Bubble.

===Absalom Station===

Maverick slides himself into the pilot seat of the Drake as if he was born to be there. Still wearing his aviator sunglasses he quickly runs through his pre-flight check flipping switches and monitoring the readings on the the Drake's instruments.

As the elevator carrying the Drake ascends from the hanger of the Lorespire complex to the building's launch pad located high above the streets of Absalom Maverick keys his communication system to the control tower, "Tower this Ghostrider 1 ready for launch." The raw power of the Drake's engines push Maverick into the back of the pilot's seat as he accelerates the ship at full speed away from the station and out into open space.

===Triaxus Landfall===

"Ghostrider 1, this is Cumo spaceport tower you are cleared to land on platform 5, call the ball." "Roger tower, Maverick has the ball." As the team's Drake gracefully ascends from Triaxus's atmosphere onto landing platform 5 Maverick takes a moment to enjoy the view from the cockpit. My first time on Triaxus, looks like an interesting place.

===Present Day===

Following Neroo into the lodge Maverick to surprised by how advanced the building is. He is even more surprised to find out Zafeldrin is a dragon. He salutes him smartly and says, "Starfinder Society agent Jerris Sakai, call sign Maverick, reporting as ordered."

Maverick also takes a healing serum for himself and accepts Sparks offer of Life Bubble.

Wayfinders

young white-furred Female Ysoki | SP 43/43 ; HP 33/33 ; RP 5/7 | +4 Mobility EAC 16 ; KAC 16 | +2 vs. spells & magical effects - Fort. +3 ; Ref. +6 ; Will +8 | Speed 30 ft. (20 ft. fly) | Perception +11 ; SM +2 (+6) | | Active condition(s): Life Bubble (immune to void effects)
OOC:
N lvl 1 Mystic (Star Shaman) lvl 5 Technomancer ; worships Ibra

Sparks looks up at Zafeldrin, very happy to be called impressive: "Good day, Venture Captain!
May... may I ask? Do... do you have cheek pouches? Because you sure could store great things in them!"

Dataphiles

Female Lashunta ~ Damaya Operative {Ghost}/ 6 | Stamina: 36/36 | Hp: 40/40 | Resolve:6/9 | EAC: 22 | KAC: 22 KAC: 30 | F:+2 | R: +11 | W: +6 | Init: +8 | Perception: +14

Kiv spends most of the journey checking on systems and generally trying to determine the functionality of the group. Well, at least there are no formians among them.

====HERE AND NOW======

Kiv can only offer an eye roll at the human's antics. Is it all humans, or just the males?

The lashunta tries to hide her surprise at the V.C.'s identity. Seems like Naiaj left out some critical information out of the briefing. Oversight or just not important to her?

"Venture Captain Zafeldrin, I am Agent Kivulia, but most call me Kiv. This assignment is a real privilege. We won't let you down."

Man, I had no idea. I wish my ryphorian had been high enough level to play. Coming 'home' and working with a dragon would have been a blast to roleplay.


| Dead Suns | Enter the Ashen Asteroid | Ship Roles |

"Hoho! I'm not yet a Venture-Captain. Maybe when this is said and done. I'm not much of a vid watcher, but I have heard of the program. Good. Good! So far so good."

The dragon gives a wry grin. While there's absolutely no malice in it, a dragon's physiology makes it intimidating nonetheless. Looking around the half-finished preparations for the opening gala, Zafeldrin's grin changes to something a bit more sheepish. “There’s still so much to do! I’ve prepared some material on our guests and current events to help you.” The dragon gestures to a pile of data pads. “I’ll keep working on putting this whole event together while you review the data I’ve prepared. Having a celebrity may be a boon, it may be a liability. We shall see.” With that he launches into the air and begins flitting about the dome like a hummingbird from project to project.

Acquisitives

Female Lashunta Icon 8 - EAC18 - KAC18 | SP48/48 HP52/52 RP10/10 | Init +3 | Perc +11 SM +11(+1d6)| F +5, R +8, W +4

What can we do to help? Look at the data? Find people to help, doing background check? I can call some fan to help too!

Says an overexcited Neroo who adds And the cylinder trick was clever Zafeldrin and cool!


| Dead Suns | Enter the Ashen Asteroid | Ship Roles |

The dragon looks down from his work, "You like that? Good. Then you'll like this too. Yes, go look at the data!"

The data pads all look similar. Unfortunately, they're all similarly encrypted Computers Check to unlock. It doesn't take the party long to figure out that this is another test.

Wayfinders

young white-furred Female Ysoki | SP 43/43 ; HP 33/33 ; RP 5/7 | +4 Mobility EAC 16 ; KAC 16 | +2 vs. spells & magical effects - Fort. +3 ; Ref. +6 ; Will +8 | Speed 30 ft. (20 ft. fly) | Perception +11 ; SM +2 (+6) | | Active condition(s): Life Bubble (immune to void effects)
OOC:
N lvl 1 Mystic (Star Shaman) lvl 5 Technomancer ; worships Ibra

Sparks sniffs the datapads, trying to see if anything smells different, trying to point out which might have been used more and such.
Auto aid-another for +2 to whoever will be tackling this.

Acquisitives

Female Lashunta Icon 8 - EAC18 - KAC18 | SP48/48 HP52/52 RP10/10 | Init +3 | Perc +11 SM +11(+1d6)| F +5, R +8, W +4

Neroo quickly looks at the datapads, hacking from a distance all of them at the same time, using her own device from afar to do it.

Computer: 1d20 + 20 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 20 + 2 = 42

Done!

Dataphiles

Female Lashunta ~ Damaya Operative {Ghost}/ 6 | Stamina: 36/36 | Hp: 40/40 | Resolve:6/9 | EAC: 22 | KAC: 22 KAC: 30 | F:+2 | R: +11 | W: +6 | Init: +8 | Perception: +14

Without a word, the lashunta gets to work. Kiv takes up the tablet and begins cycling through a numbers of possible ciphers to unlock them.

Computer {with aid?}: 1d20 + 15 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 15 + 2 = 33 If Sparks cannot aid, then the result is only a '31'


| Dead Suns | Enter the Ashen Asteroid | Ship Roles |

Neroo sets to work with Kiv and Sparks looking over his shoulder. Maverick and Duhm are just heading over when the lashunta cracks the countermeasures, which were fair test of her skill.

As Maverick and Duhm approach, they both see that Zafeldrin is looking on with interest.

The party takes a look at the information hidden in the datapads. It looks like it's a run down on gala attendees.

Zafeldrin swoops down. “I’ve been telling everyone in Cumo about all the amazing discoveries the Starfinders have made lately. I think I might have set their expectations a little high, but that’s why I asked for the best and here you are! Representatives from the Skyfire Legion are coming, along with a few notables from town and some dragoncorp reps.” He cycles through holographic displays of different personnel files, some still flashing with proprietary security warnings from their original sources. “I’ve already managed to pull together a lot of interesting data about regional powers, possible mission sites, and contacts we can pursue. I just need to make a good impression with these power brokers so they give us a shot. Once they see agents like you in action, they’ll be clamoring for our help!”

Acquisitives

Female Lashunta Icon 8 - EAC18 - KAC18 | SP48/48 HP52/52 RP10/10 | Init +3 | Perc +11 SM +11(+1d6)| F +5, R +8, W +4

Do we need to create holographic representation of some of the best discovery of the Society?Or organize some sort of concert to entertain our guest?

I can work on both if you want!


| Dead Suns | Enter the Ashen Asteroid | Ship Roles |

"No no. Nothing of the sort, just talk to them. I will say though,your ingenuity finding this place and getting into the datapads is impressive. Here, take these." He rummages around and pulls forth six serums of enhancement (diplomat) and a pair of mk 2 thermal capacitor armor upgrades.

Wayfinders

young white-furred Female Ysoki | SP 43/43 ; HP 33/33 ; RP 5/7 | +4 Mobility EAC 16 ; KAC 16 | +2 vs. spells & magical effects - Fort. +3 ; Ref. +6 ; Will +8 | Speed 30 ft. (20 ft. fly) | Perception +11 ; SM +2 (+6) | | Active condition(s): Life Bubble (immune to void effects)
OOC:
N lvl 1 Mystic (Star Shaman) lvl 5 Technomancer ; worships Ibra

"You said "in action", but then "just talk"... so no action, after all?"


| Dead Suns | Enter the Ashen Asteroid | Ship Roles |

"Well... Not action action. Just talking about your 'actions' might give you the chance to show off those skills. Aralyx commands a local Skyfire Legion battalion, but more importantly she’s in charge of securing abandoned Skyfire Legion sites in the Parapet Mountains. Starfinders are just the specialists she needs—even if she doesn’t know it yet.”"

Acquisitives

Female Lashunta Icon 8 - EAC18 - KAC18 | SP48/48 HP52/52 RP10/10 | Init +3 | Perc +11 SM +11(+1d6)| F +5, R +8, W +4

Did you need our help to swipe the place? Venture-Captain Naiaj have tell us of past problems about that.
I have all my equipment ready if you need!

Proposes Neroo

Dataphiles

Female Lashunta ~ Damaya Operative {Ghost}/ 6 | Stamina: 36/36 | Hp: 40/40 | Resolve:6/9 | EAC: 22 | KAC: 22 KAC: 30 | F:+2 | R: +11 | W: +6 | Init: +8 | Perception: +14

Kiv reviews the document before inquiring, "How would you like to handle the Frozen Trove should they try to gain entry into the event? Can we offer a private meeting with you at some later date? That may serve to appease them and prevent a messy incident."


| Dead Suns | Enter the Ashen Asteroid | Ship Roles |

"Well aren't you all full of questions! Everyone needs an invitation to get in, and the door scanners check for weapons. I really need you to make a good impression with the guests, so I’d prefer you focus on that. Still, you ARE providing security. While you're there you could just patrol the grounds, monitor the guests, and check out the buildings around the gala."

Yes, this is a social encounter. The rules are a bit different than traditional Pathfinder version. Each turn you can do two things, make an impression, or provide security. You could double up on either, or do one of each task. You can make 1 FREE Sense Motive check to uncover a skill opening when talking to an NPC. It's not combat, but I'll track it as such via PbP to help keep things smooth and easy to follow.

  • The dragon looks at you, waiting to see if there are any other questions.

  • Wayfinders

    young white-furred Female Ysoki | SP 43/43 ; HP 33/33 ; RP 5/7 | +4 Mobility EAC 16 ; KAC 16 | +2 vs. spells & magical effects - Fort. +3 ; Ref. +6 ; Will +8 | Speed 30 ft. (20 ft. fly) | Perception +11 ; SM +2 (+6) | | Active condition(s): Life Bubble (immune to void effects)
    OOC:
    N lvl 1 Mystic (Star Shaman) lvl 5 Technomancer ; worships Ibra

    "Are we allowed to taste the finger-food and sip the cocktails, mister dragon, sir?"

    1 to 50 of 337 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | next > last >>
    Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Game Master S's "To Conquer the Dragon" All Messageboards

    Want to post a reply? Sign in.