Legacy: Dragon Empires

Game Master Brian Minhinnick

This is a spinoff campaign set in the world of my Absalom Aberrations, Thron's Rise of the Runelords and Cosmic Dungeon Lord's Return of the Runlords.

Legacy: Dragon Empires Roll20 Campaign
Your mom's loot tracker


251 to 300 of 392 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | next > last >>

Yume misses her swing.

Wasn't completely useless. It kept Yume from taking another few attacks last round.

Reflex saves: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (17) + 4 = 211d20 + 4 ⇒ (13) + 4 = 17

Momo's fire singes the birds, but they nimbly avoid the worst of it.

Shizun attempts to hold one of the corbies, but her magic slips past it completely.

"They're monstrous, sis!" Kenmei explains. "Don't waste your time!"

He raises his bow and fires another after flying to get a clear shot.

Barrage: 1d20 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 4 + 1 = 81d20 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 4 + 1 = 11

He misses badly.

Orange on Yume: 1d20 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 6 + 2 = 111d20 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 6 + 2 = 21
Green on Yume: 1d20 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 6 + 2 = 161d20 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 6 + 2 = 14
Purple on Yume: 1d20 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 6 + 2 = 251d20 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 6 + 2 = 14

Damage to Yume: 1d4 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6

All four active defense used up for the round, one hit prevented.

The three corbies swarming around Yume hop and slash in coordinated movements which show they are clearly used to fighting as a team. They each manage to attack her weak points while she is distracted by a companion, but she fends off all but one slash.

1d20 + 10 ⇒ (20) + 10 = 301d20 + 10 ⇒ (4) + 10 = 14
1d20 + 10 ⇒ (6) + 10 = 16

Red on Yume: 1d20 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 6 + 2 = 20

The two newest arrivals leap over the greasy patch, tumbling up to Yume and the other siblings in an impressive display of agility.

Kenmei warns, "One more just ran past the window outside. I don't see any others!"

End of Round 5
================================
Begin Round 6

PCs are up!


HP 45/45 | AC 19, t 9, ff 19 | F +7, R+5, W +6 | DR 1/—, Delayed Dam: 12/rnd, THP: 7/rnd, Immune sonic, paralysis, sleep | Init +3, Per +9, darkvision 60’, low-light vision, Blind-Fight

Yume's face is fierce in concentration. One blue vein bulges over her left eye.

She finds herself constantly pivoting and parrying to keep from getting clawed and manages to avoid the worst of it for a moment...but in the process she's unable to make more than the most feeble counterattack.

Whispering Shrike+challenge: 1d20 + 7 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 7 + 1 = 9

Free: Berzerking: -2 AC; +6 THP
Move: None
Free: Continue Challenge on Orange
Free: 5’ step back
Stnd: Brutal strike (Heavy Swing) vs RED - since Red was already Battered, it's now a DC 13 Fort or dazed for 1 round (staggered on successful save.)
.
If Yume attacked: will use AoOs (up to 4) to add +2 to AC with Active Defense. If enemies are wielding weapons & miss her, she'll get free disarms on them thanks to Jarring Block.
.
If ally within 5' is attacked: will use the same above on the ally (+2 to AC & free disarm if the attack misses) thanks to Cover Ally
.
Damage: (6-1 DR) = 5 THP (which’ll get replenished this round, so no damage)
AC 21 vs 1st 4 attacks, then 19
HP 35/35
Nonlethal 1
DR 1/-
THP 6/6
delayed damage pool 0/9
Martial focus 0/1 remain
Second wind 3/3 remain


Female Cursed Dragon Wildblooded Sage Sorceress 4 | HP: 26/26 | AC: 18, Touch: 10, FF: 18 | CMD 14| Fort: +3, Reflex: +2, Will: +4 | Init: +0 | Perception: +3 | Buffs: Mage Armor

Momo hops into a flanking position with Yumi and slashes at the easternmost corby.

Momo Adamantine Claw v. Orange (Flank): 1d20 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 3 + 2 = 6

Momo Adamantine Claw v. Orange (Flank): 1d20 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 3 + 2 = 13
Damage: 1d4 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3


AC 19 FF 11 T 18| HP 21| F +4 R +2 W +6| Init +3| Percep +10

Shizun, growing more and more nervous, casts a healing spell on herself as fear starts to set in her eyes.

Concentration: 1d20 + 3 + 3 ⇒ (15) + 3 + 3 = 21
CMW: 2d8 + 3 ⇒ (2, 6) + 3 = 11


HP 20/20 // AC 19, touch 15, flat-footed 19 // Fort +4, Ref +6, Will +4 Immune Sleep, Paralysis, Electricity

Kenmei tries his best to add more damage to corby that Yume is attacking, keeping up the steady stream of small bolts from his alchemibow.

Barrage on Orange: 1d20 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (18) + 4 + 1 = 231d20 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (13) + 4 + 1 = 18
Damage: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5


A series of misses spells doom for the siblings as their avian foes spring to attack Yume once again!

Attacks on Yume: 1d20 + 6 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 6 + 2 + 2 = 261d20 + 6 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 6 + 2 + 2 = 301d20 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 6 + 2 = 281d20 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 6 + 2 = 181d20 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 6 + 2 = 101d20 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 6 + 2 = 101d20 + 6 ⇒ (16) + 6 = 221d20 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 131d20 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 6 + 2 = 211d20 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 6 + 2 = 11
confirm 1: 1d20 + 6 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 6 + 2 + 2 = 11
Confirm 2: 1d20 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 6 + 2 = 26

Damage 1: 1d4 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8
Damage 2: 1d4 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8
Damage crit: 2d4 + 8 ⇒ (1, 4) + 8 = 13
Damage 4: 1d4 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8
Damage 5: 1d4 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6

The sheer number of foes pressed against Yume proves disastrous. Blow after blow slice past her defenses, leaving her bloody.

End of Round 6
================================
Begin Round 7

PCs are up! Don't forget your breath weapons.


Female Cursed Dragon Wildblooded Sage Sorceress 4 | HP: 26/26 | AC: 18, Touch: 10, FF: 18 | CMD 14| Fort: +3, Reflex: +2, Will: +4 | Init: +0 | Perception: +3 | Buffs: Mage Armor

After carefully relocating herself, Momo unleashes another wave of fire upon the corbies!

Fire Damage - DC 12 Reflex for Half: 2d6 ⇒ (6, 2) = 8
Recharge Rounds: 1d4 ⇒ 1

For her move action, Momo moves in a manner that avoids AoOs. She then uses her breath weapon as a standard. Going by how 30 foot cones work, I think she catches orange and purple. DC 12 Reflex for half damage.


Female Cursed Dragon Wildblooded Sage Sorceress 4 | HP: 26/26 | AC: 18, Touch: 10, FF: 18 | CMD 14| Fort: +3, Reflex: +2, Will: +4 | Init: +0 | Perception: +3 | Buffs: Mage Armor

Adjusted actions in the map. Momo takes a 5-foot step and then torches Orange and Green. I didn't know it was a 20 foot line.


HP 45/45 | AC 19, t 9, ff 19 | F +7, R+5, W +6 | DR 1/—, Delayed Dam: 12/rnd, THP: 7/rnd, Immune sonic, paralysis, sleep | Init +3, Per +9, darkvision 60’, low-light vision, Blind-Fight

Yume hisses violently as claws rip into her arms, cheek, and neck, leaving her red with blood.

She tries to shake it off, but to little avail.

Barely able to keep from collapsing now, she launches a sonic scream at the corbie behind her, trying to lay it low.

If it drops, Yume will move into Orange's space, and will motion for Shizun to get behind her so that she can cast without interference.

Healing Surge: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3

Sonic Breath vs Orange (DC 12): 2d6 ⇒ (2, 2) = 4

Recharge: 1d4 ⇒ 1


Save Momo: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (9) + 4 = 131d20 + 4 ⇒ (9) + 4 = 13
Save Yume: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7


HP 20/20 // AC 19, touch 15, flat-footed 19 // Fort +4, Ref +6, Will +4 Immune Sleep, Paralysis, Electricity

Breath weapon damage: 2d6 ⇒ (5, 6) = 11
Orange and Green saves: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 121d20 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 4 = 14
Recharge: 1d4 ⇒ 2

Kenmei moves closer in case he needs to heal someone, and breathes his own elemental destruction on to the birds, finishing the most wounded.


HP 45/45 | AC 19, t 9, ff 19 | F +7, R+5, W +6 | DR 1/—, Delayed Dam: 12/rnd, THP: 7/rnd, Immune sonic, paralysis, sleep | Init +3, Per +9, darkvision 60’, low-light vision, Blind-Fight

When Kenmei defeats the birdman behind her, Yume and Shizun step back, allowing Shizun the space to heal her sister.

"Aaaaaaaaaah. Thank you!"

She stands with her shield and wakizashi at ready for the next barrage of claws.

Free: Berzerking: -2 AC; +6 THP
Free: 5’ step back
Stnd: Breath (described in previous post)
.
If Yume attacked: will use AoOs (up to 4) to add +2 to AC with Active Defense.
.
If ally within 5' is attacked: will use the same above on the ally (+2 to AC & free disarm if the attack misses) thanks to Cover Ally
.
Damage this round: 43 damage -5 DR -6 THP = 32 damage (9 nonlethal, 23 lethal) = 12/35 HP + 10 nonlethal
Healing this round: 3 (second wind) + 8 CLW = 23/35 HP, 0 nonlethal.
.
AC 21 vs 1st 4 attacks, then 19
HP 23/35
Nonlethal 0
DR 1/-
THP 6/6
delayed damage pool 0/9
Martial focus 0/1 remain
Second wind 2/3 remain


The bird men press forward, pushing their advantage on the hard pressed dragons.

Attacks on Yume (clockwise starting at top): 1d20 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 6 + 2 = 231d20 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 6 + 2 = 181d20 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 6 + 2 = 91d20 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 6 + 2 = 101d20 + 6 ⇒ (11) + 6 = 171d20 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 91d20 + 6 ⇒ (10) + 6 = 161d20 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12

Damage 1 to Yume: 1d4 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8

End of Round 7
================================
Begin Round 8

PCs are up!


HP 20/20 // AC 19, touch 15, flat-footed 19 // Fort +4, Ref +6, Will +4 Immune Sleep, Paralysis, Electricity

Kenmei flies back away from their foes and unleashes another volley on to the most wounded birdman.

Attacks on Green: 1d20 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 4 + 1 = 131d20 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 4 + 1 = 10

Wow...rolls (-__-)*


HP 45/45 | AC 19, t 9, ff 19 | F +7, R+5, W +6 | DR 1/—, Delayed Dam: 12/rnd, THP: 7/rnd, Immune sonic, paralysis, sleep | Init +3, Per +9, darkvision 60’, low-light vision, Blind-Fight

Per Discord, Shizun casts CLW for 5 on Yume

Yume feels the cool rush of her sister's healing magic wash over her again.

She attempts to take down her challenged foe with the Whispering Shrike. As she does, she steps aside and nods to Momo, creating an opening for her sister's fearsome breath.

Whispering Shrike+challenge: 1d20 + 7 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 7 + 1 = 18
Damage+challenge: 1d6 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 3 + 1 = 6

Free: Berzerking: -2 AC; +6 THP
Move: Challenge Green
Free: 5’ step back
Stnd: Brutal strike (Heavy Swing) vs GREEN - DC 13 Fort or staggered for 1 round.
.
If Yume attacked: will use AoOs (up to 4) to add +2 to AC with Active Defense. If enemies are wielding weapons & miss her, she'll get free disarms on them thanks to Jarring Block.
.
If ally within 5' is attacked: will use the same above on the ally (+2 to AC & free disarm if the attack misses) thanks to Cover Ally
.
Damage: (8-1 DR) = 6 THP +1 nonlethal
Healing: +5 = 27/35 HP, no nonlethal
.
AC 21 vs 1st 4 attacks, then 19
HP 27/35
Nonlethal 0
DR 1/-
THP 6/6
delayed damage pool 0/9
Martial focus 0/1 remain
Second wind 2/3 remain


Female Cursed Dragon Wildblooded Sage Sorceress 4 | HP: 26/26 | AC: 18, Touch: 10, FF: 18 | CMD 14| Fort: +3, Reflex: +2, Will: +4 | Init: +0 | Perception: +3 | Buffs: Mage Armor

Momo takes a step to the northwest and then unleashes her fire breath once more.

Fire Damage v. Green & Purple - DC 12 Reflex for Half: 2d6 ⇒ (3, 4) = 7
Recharge Rounds: 1d4 ⇒ 4

5-foot step as free and then breath weapon as standard.


Reflex saves: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 111d20 + 4 ⇒ (12) + 4 = 16

As her siblings miss their various attacks, Momo unleashes another column of fire on to their foes.

Green on Yume: 1d20 + 6 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 6 + 2 + 2 = 111d20 + 6 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 6 + 2 + 2 = 29
Red on Yume: 1d20 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 6 + 2 = 201d20 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 6 + 2 = 26
Pink on Shizun: 1d20 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 6 + 2 = 191d20 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 6 + 2 = 11
Purple on Momo: 1d20 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 6 + 2 = 141d20 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 6 + 2 = 11

Damage 1 to Yume: 1d4 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7
Damage 2 to Yume: 1d4 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8

Damage 1 to Shizun: 1d4 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6

The bird men continue to attack, this time striking at Momo and Shizun as well as Yume.

End of Round 8
================================
Begin Round 9

PCs are up!


HP 20/20 // AC 19, touch 15, flat-footed 19 // Fort +4, Ref +6, Will +4 Immune Sleep, Paralysis, Electricity

Kenmei flies back and whips a bottle-thing from one of his bandoliers. He twists some part of it and throws it at one of the birds assaulting Yume.

Touch attack on Pink: 1d20 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 3 + 1 = 14
Pink fort Save: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 2 = 17
Damage: 1d4 ⇒ 2

The grenado explodes on the bird, shredding it with shrapnel and covering it in belladonna powder.


HP 45/45 | AC 19, t 9, ff 19 | F +7, R+5, W +6 | DR 1/—, Delayed Dam: 12/rnd, THP: 7/rnd, Immune sonic, paralysis, sleep | Init +3, Per +9, darkvision 60’, low-light vision, Blind-Fight

Yume shrugs off the worst of the claw strikes, but feels the strain of the fight growing in her aching muscles.

She attempts to take down the injured birdman beside her, but her swing is slow and he sidesteps it with ease.

_______

Whispering Shrike+challenge: 1d20 + 7 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 7 + 1 = 13 Yay! Another miss. :-/
Damage+challenge: 1d6 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 3 + 1 = 10

Free: Berzerking: -2 AC; +6 THP
Free: 5’ step beside Shizun, to be able to cover her with Cover Ally
Stnd: Brutal strike (Heavy Swing) vs GREEN - DC 13 Fort or staggered for 1 round.
.
If Yume attacked: will use AoOs (up to 4) to add +2 to AC with Active Defense. If enemies are wielding weapons & miss her, she'll get free disarms on them thanks to Jarring Block.
.
If ally within 5' is attacked: will use the same above on the ally (+2 to AC & free disarm if the attack misses) thanks to Cover Ally
.
Damage: (7+6-2 DR) = 11 -6 THP = 5 nonlethal
.
AC 21 vs 1st 4 attacks, then 19
HP 27/35
Nonlethal 5
DR 1/-
THP 6/6
delayed damage pool 0/9
Martial focus 0/1 remain
Second wind 2/3 remain


Female Cursed Dragon Wildblooded Sage Sorceress 4 | HP: 26/26 | AC: 18, Touch: 10, FF: 18 | CMD 14| Fort: +3, Reflex: +2, Will: +4 | Init: +0 | Perception: +3 | Buffs: Mage Armor

Momo slashes at the nearest corby with her claws.

Momo attacks Purple as a full-round action.

Momo Adamantine Claw v. Purple: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5
Damage: 1d4 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5

Momo Adamantine Claw v. Purple: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (19) + 3 = 22
Damage: 1d4 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3


AC 19 FF 11 T 18| HP 21| F +4 R +2 W +6| Init +3| Percep +10

Shizun opens her mouth and unleashes a gout of flame over the bird men in front of her!

Fire Damage: 2d6 ⇒ (4, 3) = 7
Recharge: 1d4 ⇒ 1


Saves: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 91d20 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 4 = 24\

Purple on Momo: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 121d20 + 6 ⇒ (16) + 6 = 22
Damage: 1d4 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8

Pink on Shizun: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (13) + 6 = 191d20 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8
Damage: 1d4 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6

Red on Yume: 1d20 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 6 + 2 = 271d20 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 6 + 2 = 14

Green on Yume: 1d20 + 6 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 6 + 2 + 2 = 111d20 + 6 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 6 + 2 + 2 = 15

Damage to Yume: 1d4 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5

1d20 + 10 ⇒ (2) + 10 = 12

One corby attacks Momo, one Shizun, while two more flank Yume. The last one runs forward and leaps over the grease patch, running up to Momo's other side. All three of the sisters feel flashes of pain as black talons find flesh.

End of Round 9
================================
Begin Round 10

PCs are up!


HP 20/20 // AC 19, touch 15, flat-footed 19 // Fort +4, Ref +6, Will +4 Immune Sleep, Paralysis, Electricity

Breath weapon Electricity damage: 2d6 ⇒ (4, 5) = 9

Saves: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (9) + 4 = 131d20 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 71d20 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 4 = 24

"Sorry, Yume!" Kenmei cries out as he flies behind Momo and unleashes a column of electricity across three of the birds - and his sister!

Yume needs to make a DC 14 save or take 9 electricity, 4 if she saves.

One of the birdmen drops, smoking, while the two others are brought near to death's door by the lightning blast.


HP 45/45 | AC 19, t 9, ff 19 | F +7, R+5, W +6 | DR 1/—, Delayed Dam: 12/rnd, THP: 7/rnd, Immune sonic, paralysis, sleep | Init +3, Per +9, darkvision 60’, low-light vision, Blind-Fight

Kzzz-kt!!

Kenmei's lightning breath grazes Yume, singeing her leg and causing her hair to stand on end.

With a strained smile, she says, "You did what had to be done, brother. Thank you."

With a twist, she swings the Whispering Shrike down toward the head of the corbie behind her.

She turns to the one who just hurt Shizun and declares, "I'm taking you down next, so turn and face me with honor!"

Reflex: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (18) + 4 = 22

Whispering Shrike+challenge: 1d20 + 7 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 7 + 1 = 24
confirm?: 1d20 + 7 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 7 + 1 = 20
Damage+challenge: 1d6 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 3 + 1 = 9
Crit damage: 1d6 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 3 + 1 = 9

Free: Berzerking: -2 AC; +6 THP
Free: 5’ step beside Shizun, so that she can help her with Shield Ally.
Stnd: Brutal strike (Heavy Swing) vs GREEN - DC 13 Fort or staggered for 1 round.
Move: (assuming she kills Green, she’ll) Challenge Pink
.
If Yume attacked: will use AoOs (up to 4) to add +2 to AC with Active Defense. If enemies are wielding weapons & miss her, she'll get free disarms on them thanks to Jarring Block.
.
If ally within 5' is attacked: will use the same above on the ally (+2 to AC & free disarm if the attack misses) thanks to Cover Ally
.
Damage: (4 electric + 5-1 DR) = 8 - 6 THP = +2 nonlethal
.
AC 21 vs 1st 4 attacks, then 19
HP 27/35
Nonlethal 7 (5+2)
DR 1/-
THP 6/6
delayed damage pool 0/9
Martial focus 0/1 remain
Second wind 2/3 remain


Female Cursed Dragon Wildblooded Sage Sorceress 4 | HP: 26/26 | AC: 18, Touch: 10, FF: 18 | CMD 14| Fort: +3, Reflex: +2, Will: +4 | Init: +0 | Perception: +3 | Buffs: Mage Armor

Momo steps away from the corby attacking her and then slashes at the most wounded bird man.

Momo Adamantine Claw v. Pink: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7
Damage: 1d4 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6

Momo Adamantine Claw v. Pink: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (17) + 3 = 20
Damage: 1d4 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6

5-foot step as a free action and then full-round attack against Pink.


Green and Pink are both down now.


Shizun backs up and unleashes a wave of healing energy over her siblings.

Everyone heals 10!


The challenged corby sidesteps to make room for its companion, its bird eyes wide with fear. Determined to defend their roost, it continues to fight, attacking Yume again. At the same time its friend charges acrobatically forward, landing on the dragon ronin with all four of its clawed feet!

Acrobatics: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (14) + 10 = 24
Their pack attack feats allow them to move into flanking partway through their attack routines.
Red on Yume: 1d20 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 6 + 2 = 281d20 + 6 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 6 + 2 + 2 = 26
Yellow on Yume: 1d20 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 6 + 2 = 261d20 + 6 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 6 + 2 + 2 = 141d20 + 6 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 6 + 2 + 2 = 221d20 + 6 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 6 + 2 + 2 = 23
Confirm crit: 1d20 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 6 + 2 = 10

Hit 1: 1d4 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8
Hit 2: 1d4 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8
Hit 3: 1d4 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7
Hit 4: 1d4 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7
Hit 5: 1d4 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6

End of Round 10
=================================
Begin Round 11

Wow, a MINUTE+ long fight....epic. PCs are up!


HP 20/20 // AC 19, touch 15, flat-footed 19 // Fort +4, Ref +6, Will +4 Immune Sleep, Paralysis, Electricity

Kenmei flies over to target the corby which Yume challenged. He flings another belladonna grenade at it, hoping to weaken the monstrous birdman.

Touch on Red: 1d20 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 4 + 1 = 19
Damage: 1d4 ⇒ 2
Fort save: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 2 = 20

He hits the thing, but the small explosion does little damage. The poison seems to have been ineffective as well. Kenmei looks down at his explosives in dismay, wondering why they aren't working properly on these beasts.


HP 45/45 | AC 19, t 9, ff 19 | F +7, R+5, W +6 | DR 1/—, Delayed Dam: 12/rnd, THP: 7/rnd, Immune sonic, paralysis, sleep | Init +3, Per +9, darkvision 60’, low-light vision, Blind-Fight

Oooof!! 36 damage in a round. I'm glad I just got healed!!

Yume is clearly proud to fell the birdman behind her with a massive blow to the head--but in so doing she opens herself to two other foes' attacks.

Claws rip her arms, shoulders, and cheeks--and one barely misses her throat. With her blood flowing, she swings with all her might at the birdman to her south, ripping deeply into his flesh.

__________

Second Wind: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5

Whispering Shrike+challenge: 1d20 + 7 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 7 + 1 = 27
confirm?: 1d20 + 7 + 1 ⇒ (18) + 7 + 1 = 26
Damage+challenge: 1d6 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 3 + 1 = 7
Crit damage: 1d6 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 3 + 1 = 7

Free: Berzerking: -2 AC; +6 THP
Swft: Second Wind (1 remaining today)
Move: Challenge RED
Stnd: Brutal strike (Heavy Swing) vs RED - DC 13 Fort or staggered for 1 round.
.
If Yume attacked: will use AoOs (up to 4) to add +2 to AC with Active Defense. If enemies are wielding weapons & miss her, she'll get free disarms on them thanks to Jarring Block.
.
If ally within 5' is attacked: will use the same above on the ally (+2 to AC & free disarm if the attack misses) thanks to Cover Ally
.
Healing 10 gets me back to full (fortunately, since…)
Damage: (36-5 DR) = 31 - 6 THP = 25 (7 nonlethal, 18 lethal)
Second Wind = heal +5 lethal & nonlethal
.
AC 21 vs 1st 4 attacks, then 19
HP 22/35
Nonlethal 2
DR 1/-
THP 6/6
delayed damage pool 0/9
Martial focus 0/1 remain
Second wind 1/3 remain


Female Cursed Dragon Wildblooded Sage Sorceress 4 | HP: 26/26 | AC: 18, Touch: 10, FF: 18 | CMD 14| Fort: +3, Reflex: +2, Will: +4 | Init: +0 | Perception: +3 | Buffs: Mage Armor

Momo takes a step toward the uninjured corby and slashes at it with her adamantine claws.

Momo Adamantine Claw v. Yellow (Flank): 1d20 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 3 + 2 = 17
Damage: 1d4 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6

Momo Adamantine Claw v. Yellow (Flank): 1d20 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 3 + 2 = 15
Damage: 1d4 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3


Yume cuts the head off her foe, while Momo slashes deeply into the remaining bird man.

With only one foe remaining the tide of battle turns, and the siblings are able to surround and quickly down their foe.

End Combat!

Smoke drifts up from the various breath weapon scorch marks. Blood drips from the walls and ceilings, as well as the dragons. Bloody black feathers stick to everything and drift through the air of the chamber. All the siblings are breathing hard after the hard fight. Nine corpses now litter the gatehouse floor.


HP 20/20 // AC 19, touch 15, flat-footed 19 // Fort +4, Ref +6, Will +4 Immune Sleep, Paralysis, Electricity

Kenmei coughs, looking a bit green at the sight of all the gore. He flies outside just in time to puke into the fresh air.


HP 45/45 | AC 19, t 9, ff 19 | F +7, R+5, W +6 | DR 1/—, Delayed Dam: 12/rnd, THP: 7/rnd, Immune sonic, paralysis, sleep | Init +3, Per +9, darkvision 60’, low-light vision, Blind-Fight

As she watches her brother fly over the wall, Yume closes and slowly reopens her eyes. She realizes she's trembling.

She tries to brush the gore off of her armor, and realizes it's futile.

"Well...we won." It doesn't feel like it...but my siblings are still alive, so I haven't failed yet.

"Who else is injured? Shizun, can you channel forth the blessing of the Lady of Chrysanthemums yet again today?"


HP 20/20 // AC 19, touch 15, flat-footed 19 // Fort +4, Ref +6, Will +4 Immune Sleep, Paralysis, Electricity

"I'm fine...just... Killing undead and monsters is one thing, these were like, people." Kenmei drifts slowly back into the gatehouse, looking forlorn. "Wonder why they just kept attacking us like that?

He begins looking around to see if there are any clues as to what was going on here.


AC 19 FF 11 T 18| HP 21| F +4 R +2 W +6| Init +3| Percep +10

Shizun scrambled away herself as the fighting came to a close, finding a corner to curl up in. She stares off blankly into the air until Yume asks for more healing, at which point she looks her siblings over and, aside from their foes blood, she doesn’t note any remaining injuries. ”E-everyone...seems fine...”


Female Cursed Dragon Wildblooded Sage Sorceress 4 | HP: 26/26 | AC: 18, Touch: 10, FF: 18 | CMD 14| Fort: +3, Reflex: +2, Will: +4 | Init: +0 | Perception: +3 | Buffs: Mage Armor

"Perhaps we should fall back?" Momo suggests. "Their shrieking probably woke up the entire castle. This lull might only be the result of nine corbies charging in here and none coming out. Meanwhile, I can't imagine Shizun having much healing left..."


HP 20/20 // AC 19, touch 15, flat-footed 19 // Fort +4, Ref +6, Will +4 Immune Sleep, Paralysis, Electricity

"Yeah, let's get out of here for now."


As the dragons exit the castle and begin making their way away from Brinewall Castle, a high pitched voice calls out, "Hey! Who goes there?" from somewhere nearby.


HP 45/45 | AC 19, t 9, ff 19 | F +7, R+5, W +6 | DR 1/—, Delayed Dam: 12/rnd, THP: 7/rnd, Immune sonic, paralysis, sleep | Init +3, Per +9, darkvision 60’, low-light vision, Blind-Fight

Yume's arms protectively reach out in front of her sisters and brother.

She looks left and right. Is this someone talking to us? Or something I'm hearing from back by the castle?

Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (13) + 8 = 21


It doesn't sound like the voice is coming from the castle, but Yume can't see its source either.


HP 45/45 | AC 19, t 9, ff 19 | F +7, R+5, W +6 | DR 1/—, Delayed Dam: 12/rnd, THP: 7/rnd, Immune sonic, paralysis, sleep | Init +3, Per +9, darkvision 60’, low-light vision, Blind-Fight

Well, it doesn't sound like one of those birdpeople...

Looking around with some anxiety, Yume says, "I am Yume Sugimatu. We will defend ourselves if attacked, but mean you no harm.

"Who are you? Where are you?"


"Reveal myself, I will not. Not yet anyway. I am a but a humble servant of Desna. What were you doing in there? I heard sound of battle..." This time the little voice sounds like it's coming from right next to the siblings, as if from thin air.


HP 45/45 | AC 19, t 9, ff 19 | F +7, R+5, W +6 | DR 1/—, Delayed Dam: 12/rnd, THP: 7/rnd, Immune sonic, paralysis, sleep | Init +3, Per +9, darkvision 60’, low-light vision, Blind-Fight

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11

"If you serve the Resplendent Goddess of Fortune then I can call you friend. I myself give praise to The Lady of Chrysanthemums, who you may know better as Shelyn."

Yume nods toward the songbird-and-chrysanthemum motif on her shield.

"There was indeed battle at the castle. We seek to recover a lost relic for it's rightful owner."

After a pause, she adds, "If you can tell us what you know of the castle and its inhabitants, we would be most grateful."


AC 19 FF 11 T 18| HP 21| F +4 R +2 W +6| Init +3| Percep +10

Shizun steps forward, seeming demure and afraid. ”I...I too serve to gods. Shelyn is one of my personal favorites, but I cherish Desna as well. Please...we don’t want violence, we just want to help our friend...would you help us?”

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (18) + 7 = 25


A tiny butterfly winged woman flits out from inside a nearby hedge. "If you're killing those stupid bird brains that would have been good enough for me. To meet allies with respect for my divine mistress is an even more pleasant surprise."

She bows in mid-air, her butterfly wings flapping furiously to keep her aloft. I am Spivey. Just Spivey. I maintain the temple of Desna in town, and watch over the cemetery there. If you need a place to rest, I'd be happy to host you for the evening."

It is rather far to walk back to the caravan at the merchant road.


Female Cursed Dragon Wildblooded Sage Sorceress 4 | HP: 26/26 | AC: 18, Touch: 10, FF: 18 | CMD 14| Fort: +3, Reflex: +2, Will: +4 | Init: +0 | Perception: +3 | Buffs: Mage Armor

"We would be grateful for such hospitality, Spivey," Momo says, barely holding back an exhausted yawn. "A question. Besides those bird men, are there any other... antagonistic creatures around here?"


"Yeah, that whole castle is full of nasties! There are some reefclaws in the water too I guess, but they should leave you alone as long as you don't go near them."

"If you guys keep clearing all those idiots out of the castle, I will heal your wounds for free. I'd be more than glad to have them all gone from around here."


AC 19 FF 11 T 18| HP 21| F +4 R +2 W +6| Init +3| Percep +10

”There anything in the water worth going to see?” Shizun asks with curiosity and concern. When the little creature offers to help them with more healing, Shizun seems hopeful. ”You will? You’ll help us help our friend?”


"I would stay out of the water unless you want to fight giant angry crustaceans for some reason. I will happily give you a place to stay and access to my healing magics, yes. If that helps your friend, all the better!"

251 to 300 of 392 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Legacy: Dragon Empires All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.