Legacy: Dragon Empires

Game Master Brian Minhinnick

This is a spinoff campaign set in the world of my Absalom Aberrations, Thron's Rise of the Runelords and Cosmic Dungeon Lord's Return of the Runlords.

Legacy: Dragon Empires Roll20 Campaign
Your mom's loot tracker


1 to 50 of 186 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | next > last >>

LEGACY :: DRAGON EMPIRES

??/??/4715 AR; No-time; Golden Palace of the Five Destined Eggs (Undisclosed location demiplane), Classroom

Much of the following text is cribbed from Pathfinderwiki

Professor Titanicus pushes his spectacles up his snout with one talon as he turns and examines the group. He straightens his sweater vest over his broad scaly chest. His mellifluous voice rumbles forth as he writes sparkling illusory dates in the air with the tip of his tail. To the dismay of those looking on, he goes over the history of their family for what must be the ten thousandth time. ”To review, in 100 AR, Shizuru took on her golden draconic form and granted the five imperial families of Minkai the divine right to rule over the Empire of Dawn. This authority and blessing was made manifest in five Imperial Seals, one for each family, and with them a young imperial dragon advisor to guide the families and help maintain balance in the land. They were clans Amatatsu (Sea Dragon), Higashiyama (Sky Dragon), Shojinawa (Forest Dragon), Sugimatu (Sovereign Dragon), and Teikoku (Underworld Dragon).”

”At the prophetic advice of Pharasma, Shizuru hid away five dragon eggs for ‘The day when they would be needed to protect the Hidden Heir of her mandate.’ Shizuru formed a secret society of her archons and mortal followers called the Sakura Shiroi (White Cherry Blossom in Minkaian). She charged this group with remaining forever hidden, and with protecting the Imperial Seals and the Five Destined Eggs against whatever might endanger them. Sakura Shiroi had branches in all parts of Minkai, and in the city-state of Goka, where Pharasma advised Shizuru to hide the eggs.”

”Twelve years later, in 112 AR, the Teikoku Shogunate was created; it is sometimes called the First Kingdom of Minkai. Shortly thereafter, Shizuru placed her imprimatur on the promotion of the Teikoku family by granting them the right to rule all Minkai over and above the other four imperial families. This arrangement lasted over 3,500 years, during which time the draconic advisors she had placed with the clans outgrew their roles, and left the clans to pursue draconic goals. In the absence of their immortal advisors, corruption grew to unacceptable levels within the Shogunate. In response to this decline, the Perfect Swordswoman Setsuna Kuga raised the armies of the four other ruling families against the Teikoku Shogunate and was victorious at the Battle of Eight Bridges in 3616 AR. Thereafter, the modern empire of Minkai was formed with all five imperial families returning to peer status with one another, sharing the rule of the empire in a fashion which Shizuru had originally designed.”

The gold dragon pauses to make sure his students are still paying attention. He snaps his tail at any that appear to be dozing off. ”After more than 1,000 years of relative internal peace, Minkai is close to exploding into all-out civil war. Many of the smaller islands once controlled by the empire have recently declared their independence. The successor to the Jade Throne, Emperor Shigure Higashiyama, was imprisoned in 4705 AR by a subordinate branch of his own clan at the Higashiyama compound near the edge of the capital, supposedly to protect him. It is due to the clan's strength that war has not broken out already, but there is a growing movement to release the hold on the emperor, either by freeing or by killing him. The clan has replaced Shigure Higashiyama with a temporary ruler to quell the instability arising in the country, called the Jade Regent. He is, however, proving quite unpopular. His short reign has ushered in an age of unrivalled excess, debauchery, and unrest.”

”To further complicate things, over the last 65 years, the scions of the Imperial Families and the few remaining agents of the Sakura Shiroi have been slowly killed off or otherwise neutralized, the Imperial Seals lost, and the Five Destined Eggs forgotten in the East. Only Emperor Shigure Higashiyama remains - the last publicly known heir of any of the Imperial lines. If he is lost, so will be the Mandate of Heaven, and the Empire will drown in blood and war. Now is the time Pharasma warned of, when the Eggs will be needed to protect the heir of the Mandate.”

”Unbeknownst to him, you father Thrassk was a descendant of the Goka branch of the Sakura Shiroi. He never knew his heritage because he was orphaned by the enemy at a young age. As you know, the Pathfinder Society eventually became his family instead. He gained much fame and power in Absalom and Varisia. Then he retired, not knowing that he had failed in his hereditary duty to protect Minkai as a member of the Sakura Shiroi. That is, until the Dusk Ronin appeared to him in his Venture Captain’s office at the Lantern Lodge in Goka in 4713 AR. In her quest for redemption, the Ronin sought to intervene in the fate of her parents’ chosen empire. She told Thrassk of his heritage, and of the ancient duty of the Sakura Shiroi. She told him of a mysterious group of oni called the Five Storms who had been slowly working for decades to bring down the Empire from within, who were now apparently at the cusp of success. She begged him to join her, and use his resources to search for the Five Destined Eggs, which she believed were still somewhere in Goka. Then together with the eggs in tow, they would seek out an heir to the throne, long hidden in the West.”

”Thrassk was blown away by the archon’s revelations, but he was never one to fail in his duty. Over the next year, the two of them turned over every metaphorical rock in Goka looking for the hiding place of the Five Destined Eggs. In so doing, they eventually tipped off the agents of the Five Storms to their activities. Without their knowledge, the oni allowed your father to complete the search. After a year of looking, Thrassk and the Dusk Ronin found the hidden sanctum of the Sakura Shiroi under the city. The oni were ready, and had enlisted the help of the local Oni Daimyo, The Dancer in Flesh. The fiends followed your father and the Ronin into the sanctum. Even the might of Thrassk and the Dusk Ronin combined with their team of Pathfinders was no match for that of the Five Storms oni and the fiendish-demigodess. The Dusk Ronin held the fiends off while Thrassk took the warding box containing the Five Destined Eggs - your eggs - and fled. To his great shame, he was forced to leave the Dusk Ronin behind in order to protect you. As he flew away from the battle, The Dancer in Flesh placed a great curse upon your eggs, one that even the warding box could not protect them from. That's why you are stuck in those humanoid forms, and not aging properly.”

The great weight of their father’s sacrifice, which has been impressed on the young dragons more times than they can remember, is given a moment to settle. ”For more than a year, he fled, constantly on the run from the agents of the Five Storms, trying to reach his allies in the West. Eventually, he managed to reach me in Sandpoint, and I helped him get to Absalom. There we met with Argor Constantine, who constructed this plane for us with his magic. Uncle Argor created this special timeless place for us to hatch you. To watch over you as you grew. To prepare you for what it was you must do. We owe the Primarch much. Blessed be his reign! It was then, and is now, 4715 AR on Golarion. We have done what we could to prepare you for your destiny these past seventeen years. Now there is little else that we can teach you. That’s why your father left, and why he has now returned. Thrassk went to seek out the help of another old friend - Jeevika Kailani. I will let him take it from here...”


Thrassk clears his own throat. The gargantuan mutant dragon that has been their adoptive father nods to the professorial simulacra. ”Thank you for the history lesson, Titanicus. Jeevika wasss able to divine Shelyn for information about the hidden heir. She learned that one of the Imperial Sealsss was briefly revealed many yearsss ago in the Avistani town of Brinewall. Shortly thereafter three shipsss belonging to a Tian-Min merchant from Magnimar fled the town, in the middle of a storm. The shipsss sank off the coast near what is now the town of Sandpoint, never reaching home. The merchant was named Rokuro Kaijutsu, and he was never seen again either. His granddaughter Ameiko just happensss to be an associate of the Sihedron Heroesss, and an inkeeper in Sandpoint. It seemsss there are also reportsss of undead wielding wakizashi and wearing Tian styled armor wandering the Brinestump Marsh near Sandpoint. If the Kaijutsusss brought one of the Imperial Sealsss south with their fleet, it could still be hidden somewhere in the Marsh. If nothing else, this is the first real clue we’ve had to the whereabouts of the Seals or the Hidden Heir.”

Thrassk stands to his full impressive height, spreading his wings and squarely facing his children. ”The time hasss come, my children. Show me that I have taught you well. Who are you?”


Roll 1d5. If you roll the same number as anyone who rolled before you, keep rolling until you get a unique number.

1) “I am _____ Amatatsu, I am Sakura Shiroi!”:
You are a sea dragon associated with clan Amatatsu. This imperial family has a reputation for producing traders, explorers, and reformers. One member of this family, Amatatsu Aganhei, forged the trade route between Minkai and Avistan thousands of years ago, but his triumph was suppressed by the Teikoku family and he himself executed by the Teikoku shogun. When the Five Storms began slaughtering the imperial families, the Amatatsus fled the Empire disappearing from history.

2) “I am _____ Higashiyama, I am Sakura Shiroi!”:
You are a sky dragon associated with clan Higashiyama. Members of this family were respected scholars and pious worshipers of the goddess Shizuru. This family ruled Minkai for much of the last 100 years since the fall of Lung Wa. The current emperor Shigure Higashiyama is of your clan, but has been usurped by the Jade Regent, and his status is unclear.

3) “I am _____ Shojinawa, I am Sakura Shiroi!”:
You are a forest dragon associated with clan Shojinawa. Although the oldest rulers from this family have reputations for revering ancestral spirits, raising fantastic shrines, and creating grand public works, the memory of the Shojinawas’ great works was soured by later generations’ decadence and madness. Some claim the family was even cursed by the moon for dabbling in dark magic and bloody sacrifices under its gaze—and doubt one could tell the difference between an oni and a Shojinawa heir if forced to say which was which. The Shojinawa family was supposedly destroyed when their palace was consumed by a conflagration of freezing black fire.

4) “I am _____ Sugimatu, I am Sakura Shiroi!”:
You are a sovereign dragon associated with clan Sugimatu. Historically, the Sugimatus were peacemakers and the imperial family most in touch with the needs of the people. Historians have granted members of this dynasty titles such as the Empress of Pleasant Rains, Emperor of the Sake Sea, and the Six Springs Empress. Rather than being intimidating titles, these names reflect eras that number among the most peaceful and bountiful in Minkai’s history. Most members of the Sugimatu family were poisoned over a period of years, making it the first of the five families to fall.

5) “I am _____ Teikoku, I am Sakura Shiroi!”:
You are a underworld dragon associated with clan Teikoku. A family of traditionalists and isolationists, the Teikokus were among the most militaristic of the five imperial families. This family founded the Teikoku Shogunate—the empire that predated Minkai. Its members were slain by the Oni of the Five Storms within the last half century, though it is said the fiends suffered considerable losses at the ancient family’s hands.


1d5 ⇒ 1


HP 32/32 (inc 3 CON dam) | AC 20, t 9, ff 20 | F +6, R+4, W +6 | DR 1/—, Delayed Dam: 9/rnd, THP: 6/rnd, Immune sonic, paralysis, sleep | Init +2, Per +8, darkvision 6-’, low-light vision

1d5 ⇒ 1
1d5 ⇒ 4

Yume bows to her massive father. “I am Yume Sugimatu, I am Sakura Shiroi!”

* unless I change my name. Then I'm someone else.


Female Half-Elf Sage Sorceress 16 | AC 15 T 13 FF 13 | HP 117/117 | F +15 R +13 W +15 (+2 vs enchantments; +4 vs mind-affecting) | CMD 18 | Init +11 | Perc +23 | Buffs: Freedom of Movement, Permanent Reduce Person, Contingency, Overland Flight, Life Bubble, Nondetection, Negate Aroma, False Life, Penumbral Disguise, Paragon Surge

Kenjakana shall be...

1d5 ⇒ 5

An underworld dragon!

"I am Kenjakana Teikoku, I am Sakura Shiroi!"


Seems like I will be playing a DMPC with Cwethan bowing out. Let's see...

1d5 ⇒ 5
1d5 ⇒ 1
1d5 ⇒ 2

That makes me Higashiyama, meaning that Stalwart would be Shojinawa if he is playing.

If he doesn't want to join, rather than running two DMPCs, I'll probably kill off one of the eggs instead and we'll do 4 PCs.


HP 20/20 // AC 19, touch 15, flat-footed 19 // Fort +4, Ref +6, Will +4 Immune Sleep, Paralysis, Electricity

"I am Kenmei Higashiyama, I am Sakura Shiroi!"

Kenmei Higashiyama, 賢明東山 (Tien), けんめい ひがしやま (Minkaian)

Note that we will be using the Western naming convention of putting the surname after the given name, even though in Tian Xia they would not do so.


Addendum to the above history:

"Unfortunately, the Dancer in Flesh's curse was too much for the Shojinawa egg, and we were unable to hatch it... The Shojinawa line is no more."


AC 19 FF 11 T 18| HP 21| F +4 R +2 W +6| Init +3| Percep +10

Shizun steps over beside her brothers, a look of sorrow on her face. ”I...I am Shizun Amatatsu. I...I did what I could for Little Shojin...”


When his children affirm their identities, Thrassk bellows a mighty roar that shakes the foundation of the extraplanar classroom. "Good! Never forget that your are the heirsss of a mighty destiny. That the blood of the divine imperial dragonsss is your blood. Secrecy is your shield."

"Your lessonsss are done, we can delay no longer. When you leave this place, you will find yourselvesss in William Lightstaff'sss academy in Sandpoint. Travel to Brinestump Marsh and find the Seal if you can. We will wait here. We can not risk the Five Storms divining our location before you are stronger. Good luck, children. Go with my love."


Exiting the dimension, the young wyrm-bloods find themselves within a chamber lit by torches of white flame. The light dances along the marble floors and walls, highlighting several spots that are covered in silver etched arcane sigils. Before them is an empty stone indentation in the floor of triangular shape, which clearly appeared to have at one point been designed to hold some sort of liquid.

Beneath the raised platform they find themselves on is another large pool of clear water that seems to glow with a silvery inner light. Standing beside it are a young man with light brown hair and a gentle look, eyes full of wonder. ”That never ceases to amaze me,” he mutters to his colleague to his side, a hideous looking creature with bulbous eyes and large tusks descending from its upper jaw. Two of it’s arms are folded across it’s chest, as a third protruding from its sternum absentmindedly tucks away a component pouch within its robes. It hovers about two feet off the ground, so that it is at eye level with the human to his left.

”My work here is done. For a Headmaster, I am sorely disappointed. I would have presumed you to be capable of working these incantations. No wonder so many who come to this school attempt to seek me out for private tutelage,” the creature says before vanishing in a flash.

The mage sighs to himself before stepping forward. ”Greetings! I am Headmaster William Lightstaff. The year is 4715. You are currently in the Lightstaff Academy of Higher Learning and Arcane Arts, located in Sandpoint, a growing but still small city within the lands of Varisia,” he says as he extends a hand towards a large double door at the far end of the chamber. ”Come, let me see you to the surface. This is merely our summoning chamber. I was told that upon your exit, you would be quite eager to be on your way.”

He leads you up and through some hallways and lower levels, passing a large, crimson statue of a woman holding a ranseur. ”These halls were once a ruined chamber of ancient Thassilonian design. Masters Constantine, Giles, and Silva elected to maintain some of their historical features, so long as they posed no lingering threat to the students. Academic purposes. This statue is of Runelady Alaznist, the ancient wizard who once ruled over these lands,” he says as they pass by.

After proceeding through the lower levels, you arrive in a quiet business dedicated to the pursuit of knowledge and arcane paraphernalia. Reagents, familiars, scrolls, and potions are available for purchase. A lady in red robes speaks pleasantly to a young human boy who seems to be purchasing reagents.

As you exit the structure and are outside, you see that the building extends into the sky some sixty or seventy feet, it’s upper levels gradually taking on less basic design and becoming more and more impressively gilded towards its peak. Whoever designed the structure seems to have taken the original stone work of another building and gradually blended it towards something quite elegant as it expanded vertically.


HP 20/20 // AC 19, touch 15, flat-footed 19 // Fort +4, Ref +6, Will +4 Immune Sleep, Paralysis, Electricity

Kenmei floats out of the portal into the Academy, his eyes brimming with curiosity. "I can't believe it's finally time!" he says to his siblings. The young scholar has a crossbow on his back, and otherwise looks like a typical alchemist, covered in vials and reagent pouches. Given his inherent ability to fly, he seems as comfortable slipping through the air as a dolphin in water. "We're in Sandpoint! Amazing!"


AC 19 FF 11 T 18| HP 21| F +4 R +2 W +6| Init +3| Percep +10

Shizun takes in the new sights with wide eyed, child-like wonder. When they make their way outside, she gawks at the seemingly massive city and world around her. But her eyes eventually turn towards the sea.

’It...it’s all so...so big! So beautiful! I...I couldn’t even imagine...”


HP 20/20 // AC 19, touch 15, flat-footed 19 // Fort +4, Ref +6, Will +4 Immune Sleep, Paralysis, Electricity

Kenmei takes his sister's hand, nodding his agreement. "It's very different that I visualized on the inside. Do you think Dad and Titanicus would know if we stopped to get a treat before we leave? I bet that they have sugar here. Or alcohol. Hmm...so many things to try..."


Female Cursed Dragon Wildblooded Sage Sorceress 3 | HP: 20/20 | AC: 22, Touch: 10, FF: 22 | CMD 13 | Fort: +3, Reflex: +2, Will: +3 | Init: +0 | Perception: +2 | Buffs: Mage Armor, Shield
Kenjakana wrote:
"I am Kenjakana Teikoku, I am Sakura Shiroi!"

Momo Teikoku sometimes wished that the great Kenjakana had survived instead of her.

Momo had spent her entire existence studying the life and legend of the woman who had rescued her egg. An elven sorceress of amazing power, the great Kenjakana was often called The Last Hero of Minkai. For decades, she had tried to protect her nation from the Five Storms. Toward the end of her many years, Kenjakana had also supposedly started acting against the Jade Regent for his actions in what she felt was a coup against Emperor Shigure Higashiyama.

However, for all her power (supposedly enough to bring even Archmages Eugeni Silva and Argor Constantine to a pause), there was only so much one woman could do.

The Last Hero of Minkai, much like Thrassk and the Dusk Ronin, had thus sought out the Five Destined Eggs, though her search had happened independently of them. Nonetheless, she eventually encountered the duo. When the eggs had finally been found, just when it had seemed like the dragon and the star archon would be overwhelmed by the oni, Kenjakana had materialized from the shadows like Setsuna Kailani reborn and started laying waste to the fiends.

However, as Momo's father had retreated to secure them, one of the eggs fell out of its protective box. The Teikoku egg. The Dancer in Flesh swiftly moved to destroy it.

Kenjakana intercepted the blow, giving Thrassk the chance to rescue Momo.

According to Jeevika Kailani's divinations, the attack had been fatal. Without a second thought, Kenjakana had sacrificed herself to save an innocent life. The Sihedron Heroes had tried to bring her back, but despite their best efforts, by all indications, The Last Hero of Minkai was truly gone.

The more Momo read about the heroine and her legend, the more she wished that Kenjakana hadn't made the sacrifice...

"I am Momo Teikoku, I am Sakura Shiroi!"

When they arrive at Sandpoint, Momo studies her surroundings, wondering how someone recovered an entire wing of the Runeforge when the place had been supposedly obliterated in its entirety. When William Lightstaff greets them, the Teikoku scion bows to him. As an aspiring wizard herself (granted, that's not something people would guess given how she dresses like a ninja), Momo holds deep respect for him and the Archmages.

"It is an honor to finally meet you, Headmaster William Lightstaff," says Momo. She repeats the gesture with his colleague, "You as well, Archmage Silva."

Momo listens to her siblings banter.

"We must focus on our mission, brother," the kunoichi says sternly. Long has Momo wished she could fly like Kenmei... "We cannot afford to get distracted by such trivial things."

A pause.

Momo starts giggling.

"I don't think they'd mind!" she says sincerely. "We need to purchase supplies for this journey. I see no reason why this treat wouldn't count as one."


HP 20/20 // AC 19, touch 15, flat-footed 19 // Fort +4, Ref +6, Will +4 Immune Sleep, Paralysis, Electricity

That in my last post should be than. My bad.

"Does anyone even know where Brinestump Marsh is? Geography was not one of my specialties." Realizing he'd been remiss in his excitement, Kenmei turns back to William Lightstaff. "Master Lightstaff, thank you for showing us out. Do you know where we can find some sugar and the Brinestump Marsh?"


Headmaster Lightstaff looks to Kenmei and replies ”Old Man Vinder’s General Store should have anything you need for a voyage. As for sweet delicacies, seek out Aneka Avertin at Sandpoint Savories. I would recommend the cinnamon buns. They are truly magical.”


HP 20/20 // AC 19, touch 15, flat-footed 19 // Fort +4, Ref +6, Will +4 Immune Sleep, Paralysis, Electricity

"Oooh, that sounds great. Thanks. What of the marsh? Do you know in which direction it lies?"


”Indeed. It rests just south of town. It is located in the Soggy River delta, just west of the Lost Coast Road, and is just over two miles in length and less than a mile wide. It is not safe of its own dangers, so I would suggest caution,” he replies seriously.


HP 20/20 // AC 19, touch 15, flat-footed 19 // Fort +4, Ref +6, Will +4 Immune Sleep, Paralysis, Electricity

Kenmei bows to William. "Thank you, Master Lightstaff."

To his siblings he asks, "Sandpoint Savories!?"


Female Cursed Dragon Wildblooded Sage Sorceress 3 | HP: 20/20 | AC: 22, Touch: 10, FF: 22 | CMD 13 | Fort: +3, Reflex: +2, Will: +3 | Init: +0 | Perception: +2 | Buffs: Mage Armor, Shield

"To Sandpoint Savories!" Momo calls out from the checkout counter of the Academy's store. As she returns to her siblings, the kunoichi is carefully holding a flask of acid. She quickly explains her purchase, "It can used as a focus to boost my Acid Splash jutsu."

Purchasing a flask of acid for 10 gp.


AC 19 FF 11 T 18| HP 21| F +4 R +2 W +6| Init +3| Percep +10

”Y-yes...” Shizun replies, reluctant to remove her eyes from the sea. ”...I am curious what a cinnamon bun is.”


I want Gyr to have a chance to drop at least one post before we go to the Savories.


HP 32/32 (inc 3 CON dam) | AC 20, t 9, ff 20 | F +6, R+4, W +6 | DR 1/—, Delayed Dam: 9/rnd, THP: 6/rnd, Immune sonic, paralysis, sleep | Init +2, Per +8, darkvision 6-’, low-light vision

Stepping through, Yume blinks and breathes deep. She has her katana and shield in hand, and (as her siblings know) her thin, wiry draconic body belies the muscles beneath her skin.

Her face--blue, horned--shows a struggle between the wonder of their surroundings, and her anxiety at the responsibilities that lie on her shoulders.

Father, I know the importance of our mission, and I know that it will fall to me to protect my siblings. With Shelyn as my guide, I will be vigilant, act swiftly, and with honor.

She frowns briefly, as Headmaster Lightstaff mentions danger in the Brineswamp. Yes. We know our road will be perilous.

She's already starting to visualize what those dangers might be when Kenmei suggests a trip to go get sweets. Yume smiles, imagining how nice a steamed, sweet red bean bun would be, and wondering if it might be better or worse with cinnamon. "Excellent idea. We should of course be well fortified, before we face the perils of the Brineswamp."

She steps for the door, feeling an urge to keep her siblings behind her.


The group heads off through town, now a living monument to the power of the Sihedron Heroes. Their magical creations and ingfluence have made the once small village a regional center for trade, and even created a brand new architectural style known as Neo-Thassilonian which attracts students from as far away as Absalom. The soaring marble facades and colorful avenues are crowded with locals and traders speaking all the tongues of Avistan, and even a few Garundi as well.

Sandpoint Savories is a local fixture, easily located when the young dragons ask around. The last few blocks, they simply follow the delicious smell of cinnamon and sugar to the door of the patisserie. There is a bit of a line at the walk-through window, but before long a young human woman in an apron is ready to take their order. "What can I get for you folks?" The cosmopolitan nature of Sandpoint is clear from her lack of a second glance at the Shirois' draconic anatomy.

The menu includes the famous cinnamon buns, soft pretzels, blueberry muffins and free trade katapeshi artisinal coffee.

Not really worried about the price, 5 silver each should be more than enough unless you go really crazy.


Female Cursed Dragon Wildblooded Sage Sorceress 3 | HP: 20/20 | AC: 22, Touch: 10, FF: 22 | CMD 13 | Fort: +3, Reflex: +2, Will: +3 | Init: +0 | Perception: +2 | Buffs: Mage Armor, Shield

Where do I even start? wonders Momo. Everything looks positively delicious! Ultimately, the Teikoku scion ends up purchasing five silver pieces worth of famous cinnamon buns, soft pretzels, and blueberry muffins with some of that Katapeshi coffee to wash it all down.

"So good!" cooes Momo with much delight.


HP 32/32 (inc 3 CON dam) | AC 20, t 9, ff 20 | F +6, R+4, W +6 | DR 1/—, Delayed Dam: 9/rnd, THP: 6/rnd, Immune sonic, paralysis, sleep | Init +2, Per +8, darkvision 6-’, low-light vision

As they walk to Sandpoint Savories, Yume has her katana out for the first couple blocks. Eventually she relaxes a bit and puts it away.

She's looking with excitement and confusion at the foreign treats. Seeing Momo's expression of delight--despite an apparent lack of bean paste--Yume follows in her sister's footsteps and gets a cinnamon bun and some coffee.

"Mmmmmmm. These Avistani delicacies are good indeed!"


HP 20/20 // AC 19, touch 15, flat-footed 19 // Fort +4, Ref +6, Will +4 Immune Sleep, Paralysis, Electricity

Kenmei is too busy stuffing cinnamon bun in his mouth to talk. He chews up some and spits it into a small glass vial for later analysis. "Mmmf, schmo amazingth!"

After everyone has finished their treats, he seems to take a queue from Yume. "I guess we should head to the Marsh now. Based on Father's description, I think we are looking for two sunken ships. If the place is as small as Master Lightstaff said, I can do a flyover. I should be able to see them from the air if they are still there. Sound like a good plan?"


AC 19 FF 11 T 18| HP 21| F +4 R +2 W +6| Init +3| Percep +10

”Ooooohhhhh” Shizun groans with pleasure as she savors a soft pretzel that was filled with cream cheese. ”This...this is what we’ve been missing while we’ve been cooped up all this time!?!?”

At her brother’s insistence on continuing on, she sighs and says ”Fine. Let’s go,” as she stuffs another carefully wrapped pretzel into her pack.


Female Cursed Dragon Wildblooded Sage Sorceress 3 | HP: 20/20 | AC: 22, Touch: 10, FF: 22 | CMD 13 | Fort: +3, Reflex: +2, Will: +3 | Init: +0 | Perception: +2 | Buffs: Mage Armor, Shield

"I'd like to pick up some provisions at the general store first," requests Momo. "This trek in the swamp could last a few days."

She'll get a mess kit, flint and steel, some trail rations, and a canteen, which she'll ask Shizun to fill via Create Water.

After getting her goods, Momo is ready for their first adventure.


AC 19 FF 11 T 18| HP 21| F +4 R +2 W +6| Init +3| Percep +10

Bold of you to assume I prepared that...lol

As they leave the general store, Shizun is visibly struggling to carry all the provisions she purchased. She sets her pack down outside the store with a huff, and gives her brother a pleading look.


HP 20/20 // AC 19, touch 15, flat-footed 19 // Fort +4, Ref +6, Will +4 Immune Sleep, Paralysis, Electricity

"Yeah, yeah, yeah," Kenmei says, carefully unpacking Shizun's things before replacing them in his pack. He somehow manages to fit everything inside or strapped to his body in such a way that it won't encumber him. "Good idea, Momo. It never hurts to be prepared."


After buying whatever supplies they deem necessary, the group heads out to find Brinestump Marsh. The journey is very straightforward and doesn't take long at all. Once the group arrives at the northern end of the swamp, Kenmei takes off and flies over the the Marsh in a search grid.

After an hour and half or so, he flies back to his siblings from the Southwest portion of the swamp.


Female Cursed Dragon Wildblooded Sage Sorceress 3 | HP: 20/20 | AC: 22, Touch: 10, FF: 22 | CMD 13 | Fort: +3, Reflex: +2, Will: +3 | Init: +0 | Perception: +2 | Buffs: Mage Armor, Shield

Momo is rather surprised to learn that her sister didn't prepare Create Water. The kunoichi attributes her assumption to having recently read The Gallant Garland: The Fires of Heroism, where the titular hero's ability to Create Water is given much emphasis. The sorceress quickly asks around Sandpoint until she finds somewhere she can fill up her canteen.

"I apologize for my assumption, Shizun," says Momo as they prepare to leave. "Still, I think it would be useful to have that spell prepared in the future."

Unlike Shizun, the surprisingly swol Momo doesn't seem to have any problems carrying her own gear.

"Did you find the boats?" she asks Kenmei upon his return.


HP 20/20 // AC 19, touch 15, flat-footed 19 // Fort +4, Ref +6, Will +4 Immune Sleep, Paralysis, Electricity

"Found 'em. I saw two wrecked ships, they are near the southern tip of this morass, just inland from the seashore."

Kenmei pulls a pen and paper from his alchemist's stuff and draws a map of what he saw, labeling it as best he can. He draws two black Xs where he saw the ships, and a red X where the group is now.

"How do we approach this, team? We are Sakura Shiroi, we must act as one," he says, parroting Thrassk.


HP 32/32 (inc 3 CON dam) | AC 20, t 9, ff 20 | F +6, R+4, W +6 | DR 1/—, Delayed Dam: 9/rnd, THP: 6/rnd, Immune sonic, paralysis, sleep | Init +2, Per +8, darkvision 6-’, low-light vision

Yume breathes an audible sigh of relief when her brother returns. "Good work. Could you tell if we'll be able to approach them on foot? Or do we need to find some small boat for Momo and I?

"...and Shizun, if she doesn't feel like swimming today."


HP 20/20 // AC 19, touch 15, flat-footed 19 // Fort +4, Ref +6, Will +4 Immune Sleep, Paralysis, Electricity

"Looks like we can walk there, it's just going to be squishy. It might take a while to find a solid enough path, but it is definitely doable. If we can't walk across a swamp, how will we ever find the Heir?"


HP 32/32 (inc 3 CON dam) | AC 20, t 9, ff 20 | F +6, R+4, W +6 | DR 1/—, Delayed Dam: 9/rnd, THP: 6/rnd, Immune sonic, paralysis, sleep | Init +2, Per +8, darkvision 6-’, low-light vision

Yume smiles, and bows slightly to her brother. "Well then, I'll take point. Let us know if you see anything coming from the sky, brother."

With Kenmei flying above, Yume takes the lead on the ground. She first finds a tree from which to cut herself a 10' stick, which she then uses to prod the ground before her when the going gets swampy.


Female Cursed Dragon Wildblooded Sage Sorceress 3 | HP: 20/20 | AC: 22, Touch: 10, FF: 22 | CMD 13 | Fort: +3, Reflex: +2, Will: +3 | Init: +0 | Perception: +2 | Buffs: Mage Armor, Shield

Seeing that her siblings have everything under control, Momo trots after Yume.


Yume takes 10 on survival.

1d4 ⇒ 4

1d100 ⇒ 5

Brinestump Marsh is a relatively small region, but it’s fantastically overgrown with vegetation. Given the frequent stretches of muddy bogs and snaking waterways, moving through the marsh is a tiring and frustrating procedure. The wetland is a tangle of nettles, reeds, and other swamp plants often supplemented by larger vegetation—cypress, eucalyptus, oak, and willow trees mostly. Several swamp bridges cross rivers and creeks along the various trails. These bridges are all soggy wooden affairs with mossy surfaces and a few missing planks. Although they look treacherous, they turn out to be safe to cross. Several times the sounds of something scurrying through the canopy, or of a large creature splashing unseen through the nearby water make the siblings jump.

DC 19 perception to act in the surprise round (unless you have some ability or whatever)

Initiative
Kenmei: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3
Momo: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (8) + 0 = 8
Shizun: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11
Yume: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 2 = 21
Red Giant Leech: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (17) + 3 = 20
Blue Giant Leech: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (10) + 3 = 13

Leeches More than 10.75
Shiroi 10.75

Begin Surprise Round!

As the group is continuing to make their way through the undergrowth, there are sudden explosions of muddy water and rotting vegetation to either side of them! Huge multisegmented gleaming worm things erupt from the swamp, slithering forward to attack with startling speed!

They both move up. The whole map is difficult terrain for you guys.

PCs who made their perception checks are up for a single standard action.


HP 32/32 (inc 3 CON dam) | AC 20, t 9, ff 20 | F +6, R+4, W +6 | DR 1/—, Delayed Dam: 9/rnd, THP: 6/rnd, Immune sonic, paralysis, sleep | Init +2, Per +8, darkvision 6-’, low-light vision

Per: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (7) + 8 = 15

"Gah!" Despite her attempt to stay vigilant, Yume is caught unawares.


HP 20/20 // AC 19, touch 15, flat-footed 19 // Fort +4, Ref +6, Will +4 Immune Sleep, Paralysis, Electricity

Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (11) + 6 = 17

"What the!?"


Female Cursed Dragon Wildblooded Sage Sorceress 3 | HP: 20/20 | AC: 22, Touch: 10, FF: 22 | CMD 13 | Fort: +3, Reflex: +2, Will: +3 | Init: +0 | Perception: +2 | Buffs: Mage Armor, Shield

Momo Perception - DC 19: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 2 = 20

"Ambush!" shouts Momo as she quickly casts Mage Armor to augment her defenses.

Casting Mage Armor for my standard.


AC 19 FF 11 T 18| HP 21| F +4 R +2 W +6| Init +3| Percep +10

Perception: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (16) + 10 = 26

”What is that thing!?!?”

No action.


Momo cast defensively: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (10) + 5 = 15

Blue AOO on Momo: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11 Miss

End Surprise Round
====================================
Begin Round 1

*THWAP* *THWAP*

The giant leeches strike like serpents at Yume and Momo.

Blue attack on Momo (Flank): 1d20 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 6 + 2 = 23
Damage: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7

Red attack on Yume (Flank): 1d20 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 6 + 2 = 27
Damage: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10

The leeches both manage to bite a sister, gripping on to their torsos with rows and rows of razor-sharp teeth!

You are both grappled. The giant leech loses its Dexterity bonus to AC, but holds on with great tenacity and automatically inflicts bite damage each round. An attached giant leech can be struck with a weapon or grappled itself — if its prey manages to win a grapple check or Escape Artist check against it, the giant leech is removed.

The party is up!


HP 20/20 // AC 19, touch 15, flat-footed 19 // Fort +4, Ref +6, Will +4 Immune Sleep, Paralysis, Electricity

"Shizuru's tears! What foul beasts are these?"

Swift action, scout.
Knowledge (Nature): 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (18) + 9 = 27

"Advanced giant giant leeches, egad. They can be harmed by salt, but it might be better to just use weapons and kick their tails!"

Kenmei flies through the air above his sisters, causing his form to blur into two afterimages. In mid flight he fires off a couple bolts from his crossbow at the leech on Momo.

Barrage on Blue: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (12) + 4 = 161d20 + 4 ⇒ (17) + 4 = 21
Damages: 1d8 ⇒ 11d8 ⇒ 6

Both bolts sink into the leech, but don't seem to slow it much.


Female Cursed Dragon Wildblooded Sage Sorceress 3 | HP: 20/20 | AC: 22, Touch: 10, FF: 22 | CMD 13 | Fort: +3, Reflex: +2, Will: +3 | Init: +0 | Perception: +2 | Buffs: Mage Armor, Shield

Failing to casting defensively doesn't provoke an AoO; you just lose the spell. However, it wasn't very clear that the leeches were right next to her (I can't find any battles on the Roll20 map), so Momo wasn't defensively casting, which does provoke. Regardless, the AoO missed, so the spell went off successfully. If she was defensively casting, the 15 would be considered a failure.

Momo reflexively unleashes her fire breath on the leech attacking her.

Fire Breath - DC 11/12 for Half: 2d6 ⇒ (5, 2) = 7

Recharge Rounds: 1d4 ⇒ 2

Not sure what the Reflex DC is. Normally, by RAW, for breath weapons, the DC is 10 + 1/2 Racial HD + Con Modifier. With Momo, that's only a DC 11. However, if we use her class levels for Racial HD, then the DC is 12.


Reflex save: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (10) + 3 = 13

1 to 50 of 186 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Legacy: Dragon Empires All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.