GM_MG's Dead Suns

Game Master GM_MG

Slides
Encyclopedia
Party Inventory Tracking Sheet
Starship Sheet


1,701 to 1,750 of 1,936 << first < prev | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | next > last >>
Acquisitives

Male Pahtra Envoy Space Pirate | sp 24 | hp28 | rp5 | init +3 | perc +0 | KAC 18 | EAC 18 | Fort 1 | Ref 8 | Will 4 | Speed 30

Jax whispers a morbid joke to B-bop and Tik tik.

"I dont know what Ralk' is talking about. I believed stuffing her armor with enough explosive to take out a freighter and send her over to her friends was as easy as clicking a button."


male android soldier 1/technomancer 4|sp 19/32 hp 31/31| RP 4/5| init +9| perc +10| sm -2| KAC 20| EAC 21| AC vs combat man 29|Fort +4| Ref +6| Will +6| laser rifle ammo 13/20|cryo rifle 20/20|limited telepathy with tech constructs| 1825 creds

difficult or not it is a task we must undertake. The professor was taken against her will and that is a situation that needs to be remedied. If you would like to assist in freeing her your assistianc would be appreciated.


Male Uplifted Bear Blitz Soldier | SP: 18/32 | HP: 33/34 | RP: 2/5 | EAC: 20 | KAC: 22 |+ 4AC w/ AoO | Init: +6 | Perception: -1 | Sense Motive: -1 | Move 45ft | Climb 15ft | Telepathy 30ft | Ferocious Charge: Charge w/ no penalty & can trip | 518 Creds

I believe your assistance would be key to making this easier or harder for us. You have shown how you don't want to be like those savages and now more than ever is a time to stand up and prove it.


male Ysoki mechanic 4| sp 20/24 | hp 16/26 | RP 5/7 | init +5 | perc +7 | SM +0 | KAC 18 | EAC 18 | F/R/W 4/7/1 | laser rifle 14/20 | static pistol 20/20 | ELLIOT, hover drone hp 34/4 | perc +6 | SM +0 | EAC 17 | KAC 17 | F/R/W 1/6/0 | laser rifle 18/20

"Well, right now the main thing we have going for us is the element of surprise. Tahomen can't know at this point whether to expect Salask and her men, or us. And with Salask's comm unit, we can try to guarantee that surprise, but it could backfire on us if we make him suspicious. Rawkali, you've been around Salask, how does she normally speak to Tahomen? What can you recommend to make a call or a text seem more genuine?"

Liberty's Edge

A Case of Missing Persons Slides

She shrugs.

"I don't really know a ton about how they operate. And Salask speaks telepathically, so I wasn't exactly privy to most of their conversations. She's very...military, I guess. Formal."


Male Uplifted Bear Blitz Soldier | SP: 18/32 | HP: 33/34 | RP: 2/5 | EAC: 20 | KAC: 22 |+ 4AC w/ AoO | Init: +6 | Perception: -1 | Sense Motive: -1 | Move 45ft | Climb 15ft | Telepathy 30ft | Ferocious Charge: Charge w/ no penalty & can trip | 518 Creds

I think we should just go because I think its a bad idea to try to impersonate someone. Now we have the element of surprise, they don't know we are coming. If we message or call them and fail then our surprise is ruined.


male Ysoki mechanic 4| sp 20/24 | hp 16/26 | RP 5/7 | init +5 | perc +7 | SM +0 | KAC 18 | EAC 18 | F/R/W 4/7/1 | laser rifle 14/20 | static pistol 20/20 | ELLIOT, hover drone hp 34/4 | perc +6 | SM +0 | EAC 17 | KAC 17 | F/R/W 1/6/0 | laser rifle 18/20

"I dunno. I think we should at least be ready to impersonate her if we get spotted on the approach. In the meantime let's just focus on finding this site, then we can scout it out when we get there and form a plan."

Tiktik will use Elliot as a scout, sending him ahead about 2000ft ahead, and about 500ft up in the air, to hopefully avoid being detected, while trying to get a layout of the city and spot any patrols or other dangers. Meanwhile Tiktik will help Talek navigate.

survival to aid: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3
Elliot perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (16) + 6 = 22
Elliot stealth: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4


male android soldier 1/technomancer 4|sp 19/32 hp 31/31| RP 4/5| init +9| perc +10| sm -2| KAC 20| EAC 21| AC vs combat man 29|Fort +4| Ref +6| Will +6| laser rifle ammo 13/20|cryo rifle 20/20|limited telepathy with tech constructs| 1825 creds

if we can lure some out and take them as a smaller group it would be better than fighting all of them at once. survival orienteering: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (14) + 11 = 25

Liberty's Edge

A Case of Missing Persons Slides

Departing that morning (with Elliott scouting ahead), the jungle quickly thins, making way for rolling foothills and meandering streams. To the north and west, striking peaks can be seen--the Singing Range.

Soon enough you enter what Zan referred to as "The Forsaken City". Castrovel's wild plant growth has reclaimed much of the settlement, but hundreds of crumbling stone pyramids, covered in ivy and stranger flora are arranged in neat, orderly rows.

Elliott doesn't spot anything moving below (except for various smaller and less dangerous examples of Castrovelian life), and the group picks their way through the dead city. It would likely take years, and a fully equipped archaeological team, to search the city thoroughly.

Standing imperiously on a promontory partway up the mountainside is a temple of elegantly sculpted stone with a single domed tower rising from its center. Expanses of the structure’s weathered exterior bear scores of tall, glass-paned windows that cause the facade to shimmer in the sunlight.

Wide stairs are carved into the rock face, winding back and forth as they ascend to the temple from the ruins below.

Acquisitives

Male Pahtra Envoy Space Pirate | sp 24 | hp28 | rp5 | init +3 | perc +0 | KAC 18 | EAC 18 | Fort 1 | Ref 8 | Will 4 | Speed 30

"Hmm, all things considered, we should make our way to the temple. Seems a good place if anything but also keep an eye out for centuries along the way, which I'm sure most of you are thinking the same.

However, before we continue, is there a means of scanning the city from orbit? Do we have any contacts within range that could assist in such a manner? Would make our search much easier and possibly locate our targets for us, or is stealth our only option here?

In either case, we may need a base of operations or at least a fall back position should things get messy for us. I'm all for a good fight but not one where I dont have a winning chance. Besides, it's not like we can bombard the area and clear out any hostilities. Gotta be extra careful here."


Male Uplifted Bear Blitz Soldier | SP: 18/32 | HP: 33/34 | RP: 2/5 | EAC: 20 | KAC: 22 |+ 4AC w/ AoO | Init: +6 | Perception: -1 | Sense Motive: -1 | Move 45ft | Climb 15ft | Telepathy 30ft | Ferocious Charge: Charge w/ no penalty & can trip | 518 Creds

Ralkawi, do you know where Tahomen holds up? Is it in the Temple?

Liberty's Edge

A Case of Missing Persons Slides

She shrugs.

"I never made it this far, but that was the goal, so probably?"


Male Uplifted Bear Blitz Soldier | SP: 18/32 | HP: 33/34 | RP: 2/5 | EAC: 20 | KAC: 22 |+ 4AC w/ AoO | Init: +6 | Perception: -1 | Sense Motive: -1 | Move 45ft | Climb 15ft | Telepathy 30ft | Ferocious Charge: Charge w/ no penalty & can trip | 518 Creds

We need to be careful of the temple then. Can Elliot look overhead to see if he sees anything close to the temple.


male Ysoki mechanic 4| sp 20/24 | hp 16/26 | RP 5/7 | init +5 | perc +7 | SM +0 | KAC 18 | EAC 18 | F/R/W 4/7/1 | laser rifle 14/20 | static pistol 20/20 | ELLIOT, hover drone hp 34/4 | perc +6 | SM +0 | EAC 17 | KAC 17 | F/R/W 1/6/0 | laser rifle 18/20

"Of course! Although, ever since I had to remove that reactive camouflage unit to make room for his thrusters, he's not the ninjabot he once was." Tiktik says sadly. "So there is a good chance if he spots anyone they'll spot him right back, which is why I think our best bet may be to use him as bait to lure them out." The drone seems to flinch at that last comment.


male android soldier 1/technomancer 4|sp 19/32 hp 31/31| RP 4/5| init +9| perc +10| sm -2| KAC 20| EAC 21| AC vs combat man 29|Fort +4| Ref +6| Will +6| laser rifle ammo 13/20|cryo rifle 20/20|limited telepathy with tech constructs| 1825 creds

That may be the best solution. Let us see if we can find a place to set up an ambush. telepathically to elliot <we will do all we can to minimize the risk to you>


Male Uplifted Bear Blitz Soldier | SP: 18/32 | HP: 33/34 | RP: 2/5 | EAC: 20 | KAC: 22 |+ 4AC w/ AoO | Init: +6 | Perception: -1 | Sense Motive: -1 | Move 45ft | Climb 15ft | Telepathy 30ft | Ferocious Charge: Charge w/ no penalty & can trip | 518 Creds

Good idea Overclock, I love the baiting idea. I can be used as bait as well if you want because if you didn't see i'm rather fast.

Liberty's Edge

A Case of Missing Persons Slides

The path leading to the temple is hundreds of feet long, and ambush spots are few and far between. Taking position at the bottom of the path among the pyramids seems like the best option.

Elliott flies up the mountain, and sees the temple on a flat plateau. Near the top of the stairs leading up he sees a strange, worm-like creature that appears to be devouring a dead korasha lashunta.

At the summit, outside the doors that appear to lead into the complex, he sees an elf male standing quietly. The elf seems unusually pallid, but otherwise unremarkable, except for the ornate breastplate he wears, and the flickering energy weapon he holds in his hands.

Neither the worm-creature nor the elf pay any notice to the drone's flight.

The windows of the complex are nearly opaque with grit and grim and cant' be see through clearly.


male Ysoki mechanic 4| sp 20/24 | hp 16/26 | RP 5/7 | init +5 | perc +7 | SM +0 | KAC 18 | EAC 18 | F/R/W 4/7/1 | laser rifle 14/20 | static pistol 20/20 | ELLIOT, hover drone hp 34/4 | perc +6 | SM +0 | EAC 17 | KAC 17 | F/R/W 1/6/0 | laser rifle 18/20

Tiktik relays the info that Elliot gathers then asks, "What do you guys think? There's worm thingy halfway up that looks to be eating another of Tahomen's men, so that should bring him down to 6... although plus 1 guess for the worm... Anyway, at the top is a weird pale elf--undead maybe? Either way both just ignored him. But if he fired a few shots with his laser I bet that would change! So let's set up an ambush down here. It is a long stairway up, so we could probably fire off shots as they make their way down."


male android soldier 1/technomancer 4|sp 19/32 hp 31/31| RP 4/5| init +9| perc +10| sm -2| KAC 20| EAC 21| AC vs combat man 29|Fort +4| Ref +6| Will +6| laser rifle ammo 13/20|cryo rifle 20/20|limited telepathy with tech constructs| 1825 creds

I think we can make that work. let us set up.


male Ysoki mechanic 4| sp 20/24 | hp 16/26 | RP 5/7 | init +5 | perc +7 | SM +0 | KAC 18 | EAC 18 | F/R/W 4/7/1 | laser rifle 14/20 | static pistol 20/20 | ELLIOT, hover drone hp 34/4 | perc +6 | SM +0 | EAC 17 | KAC 17 | F/R/W 1/6/0 | laser rifle 18/20

I'm not sure at what point the rest of us would get line of sight. I am picturing a winding switchback staircase leading up the mountainside and that basically once the worm is on the stairs it'll be vulnerable to shots from us below (although possibly at rather long range or cover depending on the angle?). If that is basically correct, then my plan is for Elliot to hover in the air, level with the worm, but 120' in the direction of the rest of the party down below. He'll fire 2 shots initially to get its attention (or 1 if it is considered a surprise round). Assuming it gives chase, from round 2 onwards he'll fly 30' down towards the party and shoot again.

rolls for Elliot first few shots:

laser rifle: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (17) + 7 = 24
dmg: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11

laser rifle: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (14) + 7 = 21
dmg: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12

laser rifle: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (12) + 7 = 19
dmg: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11


Male Uplifted Bear Blitz Soldier | SP: 18/32 | HP: 33/34 | RP: 2/5 | EAC: 20 | KAC: 22 |+ 4AC w/ AoO | Init: +6 | Perception: -1 | Sense Motive: -1 | Move 45ft | Climb 15ft | Telepathy 30ft | Ferocious Charge: Charge w/ no penalty & can trip | 518 Creds

Sounds good let's do it. I will stand at the bottom more obvious to bring them down here.

Liberty's Edge

A Case of Missing Persons Slides

The figure returns fire, shooting a blast of pure energy from the palm of his right hand.

Atk, vs. EAC: 1d20 + 13 - 2 ⇒ (11) + 13 - 2 = 22
Damage: 1d8 + 9 ⇒ (7) + 9 = 16 fire damage

Init:

Overclock1d20 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 5 = 20
Volter1d20 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 1 = 10
Talek1d20 + 8 ⇒ (2) + 8 = 10
Bepo1d20 + 6 ⇒ (20) + 6 = 26
Jax1d20 + 3 ⇒ (14) + 3 = 17
B-Bop1d20 + 5 ⇒ (16) + 5 = 21
L1d20 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10

Bold can act
Bepo
B-Bop
Tiktik
Elliot (-16)

??? (-11)
Jax
Volter
Talek
L


Male Stellifera Technomancer/Envoy | SP: 23 | HP: 25(27) | RP: 6 | EAC: 17 | KAC: 17 | Init: +2| Perc: +8 | SM: +7*

Will move up until I can reach the spot I put myself on the map. However long that’ll take. Pulling my pistol out and keeping it ready once I hear the pew pewing start.


male android soldier 1/technomancer 4|sp 19/32 hp 31/31| RP 4/5| init +9| perc +10| sm -2| KAC 20| EAC 21| AC vs combat man 29|Fort +4| Ref +6| Will +6| laser rifle ammo 13/20|cryo rifle 20/20|limited telepathy with tech constructs| 1825 creds

moving up the stairs with laser rifle readied.

readied action:
firing at any enemies that enter my 120 foot range. laser rifle: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (10) + 8 = 181d8 ⇒ 3


male Ysoki mechanic 4| sp 20/24 | hp 16/26 | RP 5/7 | init +5 | perc +7 | SM +0 | KAC 18 | EAC 18 | F/R/W 4/7/1 | laser rifle 14/20 | static pistol 20/20 | ELLIOT, hover drone hp 34/4 | perc +6 | SM +0 | EAC 17 | KAC 17 | F/R/W 1/6/0 | laser rifle 18/20

Continuing my plan, Elliot will shoot and the fly 30’ towards the party. Then Tiktik will move 30’ up the stairs.

Liberty's Edge

A Case of Missing Persons Slides

Elliot hits the elf.

"Wait, I thought we were trying an ambush?" Volter says, before beginning to climb the stairs.

Bold can act
Bepo
B-Bop

Tiktik
Elliot (-16)
??? (-23)
Jax

Volter
Talek
L


male Ysoki mechanic 4| sp 20/24 | hp 16/26 | RP 5/7 | init +5 | perc +7 | SM +0 | KAC 18 | EAC 18 | F/R/W 4/7/1 | laser rifle 14/20 | static pistol 20/20 | ELLIOT, hover drone hp 34/4 | perc +6 | SM +0 | EAC 17 | KAC 17 | F/R/W 1/6/0 | laser rifle 18/20

life sciences to ID the creature: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (20) + 8 = 28

GM's choice for questions

Acquisitives

Male Pahtra Envoy Space Pirate | sp 24 | hp28 | rp5 | init +3 | perc +0 | KAC 18 | EAC 18 | Fort 1 | Ref 8 | Will 4 | Speed 30

I'll just be following close behind the party for now. Till I'm on the map and/or within 30' of the target.

Acquisitives

M Half orc Operative LVL 4 | sp 24/24 | hp 30/30 | rp 6/6 | EAC 19 | KAC 19 | init +6 | perc +9 | sm +7 | fort +1 | ref +8 | will +4 | laser pistol battery 20/20

B-Bop takes off at a run towards the stairs.

Hmmph, it's fight time again...

B-Bop will use the run action if a straight line to the stairs allows, 40ft move speed

Liberty's Edge

A Case of Missing Persons Slides

Bepo-Bot runs up the stairs as quickly as he can. With Jet Dash and Indirect retreat he will reach the top of the stairs in one round.

The creature is a mountain eel--normally a neutral huge animal, although this one is a juvenile and is just young. It has a paralyzing gaze attack (DC 14, 60' range) and has the trample special attack.

The elf doesn't follow Elliot as it retreats.

Bold can act!
Bepo
B-Bop
Tiktik
Elliot (-16)

??? (-23)
Jax
Volter
Talek
L

Acquisitives

M Half orc Operative LVL 4 | sp 24/24 | hp 30/30 | rp 6/6 | EAC 19 | KAC 19 | init +6 | perc +9 | sm +7 | fort +1 | ref +8 | will +4 | laser pistol battery 20/20

B-Bop continues running towards the stairs.

Sprock dis sprockin' hot jungle, when can we get back on a nice, climate an' gravity controlled space station again?? Gggrrraagh!

Continue run action for the stairs

Liberty's Edge

A Case of Missing Persons Slides

B-Bop quickly ascends the stairs alongside Bepo.

Bold can act!
Bepo

B-Bop
Tiktik
Elliot (-16)

??? (-23)
Jax
Volter
Talek
L


male android soldier 1/technomancer 4|sp 19/32 hp 31/31| RP 4/5| init +9| perc +10| sm -2| KAC 20| EAC 21| AC vs combat man 29|Fort +4| Ref +6| Will +6| laser rifle ammo 13/20|cryo rifle 20/20|limited telepathy with tech constructs| 1825 creds

Running to catch up with bepo and b-bop


Male Uplifted Bear Blitz Soldier | SP: 18/32 | HP: 33/34 | RP: 2/5 | EAC: 20 | KAC: 22 |+ 4AC w/ AoO | Init: +6 | Perception: -1 | Sense Motive: -1 | Move 45ft | Climb 15ft | Telepathy 30ft | Ferocious Charge: Charge w/ no penalty & can trip | 518 Creds

Bepo is going to run up the stairs to the other side of the Eel.

Anyone shooting the Eel gets a +1 from Coordinated Shot

Liberty's Edge

A Case of Missing Persons Slides

Alright, retconning a bit.

After sustained harrying fire from Elliot, the mountain eel attempts to give chase but eventually flees as it is unable to respond to Elliot's attacks.

The path to the temple is clear, save for the elf that seems to be guarding the doors.

What would you like to do?


Male Stellifera Technomancer/Envoy | SP: 23 | HP: 25(27) | RP: 6 | EAC: 17 | KAC: 17 | Init: +2| Perc: +8 | SM: +7*

are we in combat or not? if not, probably move to the doors. it we are... well, still moving to the doors, but with occasional shooting while doing it. lol

Liberty's Edge

A Case of Missing Persons Slides

There is nothing to fight at the moment, you are free to climb the stairs. What happens when you reach the elf remains to be seen.


Male Uplifted Bear Blitz Soldier | SP: 18/32 | HP: 33/34 | RP: 2/5 | EAC: 20 | KAC: 22 |+ 4AC w/ AoO | Init: +6 | Perception: -1 | Sense Motive: -1 | Move 45ft | Climb 15ft | Telepathy 30ft | Ferocious Charge: Charge w/ no penalty & can trip | 518 Creds

Bepo goes to the top of the stairs and takes a look around.

Liberty's Edge

A Case of Missing Persons Slides

A series of weathered pillars arcs around the entrance of the temple, marking a curving border around a small plaza.

An elf, wearing elaborate and ancient armor, stands at the ready, holding a glowing spear. He steps forward, and motions for you to halt.

Elven:
"Hello, friend. I must bid that you do not enter the Veil. Turn away now, and return from whence you came."

He speaks again, in a different language.

Celestial:
If you do not speak the language of the Elves, perhaps you speak the language of the Heavens. I must bid that you do not enter the Veil. Turn away now, and return from whence you came."


Male Uplifted Bear Blitz Soldier | SP: 18/32 | HP: 33/34 | RP: 2/5 | EAC: 20 | KAC: 22 |+ 4AC w/ AoO | Init: +6 | Perception: -1 | Sense Motive: -1 | Move 45ft | Climb 15ft | Telepathy 30ft | Ferocious Charge: Charge w/ no penalty & can trip | 518 Creds

<Speaking in Common> I am sorry friend I do not understand what you are trying to tell me. We are just looking for someone? What is your name? Mine is Bepo.

Liberty's Edge

A Case of Missing Persons Slides

Elven:
"A bear, speaking as the Children of Golarion? No matter."

He points the stone pillars, and makes a firm pushing motion, directing you away.


Male Uplifted Bear Blitz Soldier | SP: 18/32 | HP: 33/34 | RP: 2/5 | EAC: 20 | KAC: 22 |+ 4AC w/ AoO | Init: +6 | Perception: -1 | Sense Motive: -1 | Move 45ft | Climb 15ft | Telepathy 30ft | Ferocious Charge: Charge w/ no penalty & can trip | 518 Creds

Is there anything different with the stone pillars?

Liberty's Edge

A Case of Missing Persons Slides

Not really, just weathered stone pillars.


male Ysoki mechanic 4| sp 20/24 | hp 16/26 | RP 5/7 | init +5 | perc +7 | SM +0 | KAC 18 | EAC 18 | F/R/W 4/7/1 | laser rifle 14/20 | static pistol 20/20 | ELLIOT, hover drone hp 34/4 | perc +6 | SM +0 | EAC 17 | KAC 17 | F/R/W 1/6/0 | laser rifle 18/20

Tiktik and Elliot will approach slowly, careful not to point their weapons at the elf, until the talky bits are over. He will however size up the elf to see if he can glean anything about him.

life sciences to ID: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (7) + 8 = 15

Acquisitives

M Half orc Operative LVL 4 | sp 24/24 | hp 30/30 | rp 6/6 | EAC 19 | KAC 19 | init +6 | perc +9 | sm +7 | fort +1 | ref +8 | will +4 | laser pistol battery 20/20

B-Bop creeps along the pathway with his sniper rifle in hand.

stealth check: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (2) + 14 = 16

His whispers into his comm device.

Hey, any of you guys understand dis fool's jibber jabber? Take a listen, I pity da fool who don't speak no Common.


Male Stellifera Technomancer/Envoy | SP: 23 | HP: 25(27) | RP: 6 | EAC: 17 | KAC: 17 | Init: +2| Perc: +8 | SM: +7*

Picking his way up the path, L listens to the comms.

”It’s a warning. Wanting Bepo to stay back. Unless there is another talking bear up there. I’m on my way, let’s see if we can’t talk to this person”

Continuing to jog up the path trying to catch up to the rest of the group.

if there’s no active combat, it’ll only take me a couple rounds to finish getting up there

Approaching the armed elf cautiously, and giving them a wide berth.

In elven ”Hello there. We are seeking a person that we suspect came this way. Not likely of their own volition. Have you seen anyone like this?”

Describing the professor to the elf as best as possible and trying to pick up on what this place is or any info from what I see.

Culture: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (18) + 10 = 28 DC is 5 lower for customs

Liberty's Edge

A Case of Missing Persons Slides

Assuming you are translating for the others.

"Perhaps. A band of Lashuntas arrived recently, with an alien I am not familiar with. I recognized them as pawns of the Star-Eater, and although I turned them away, the leaders conviction and magic were strong; I relented."

Liberty's Edge

A Case of Missing Persons Slides

This place matches the descriptions in Zan's books. Other than that, you aren't sure what to make of this place.

The elf appears to be some sort of undead.


male Ysoki mechanic 4| sp 20/24 | hp 16/26 | RP 5/7 | init +5 | perc +7 | SM +0 | KAC 18 | EAC 18 | F/R/W 4/7/1 | laser rifle 14/20 | static pistol 20/20 | ELLIOT, hover drone hp 34/4 | perc +6 | SM +0 | EAC 17 | KAC 17 | F/R/W 1/6/0 | laser rifle 18/20

Tiktik excited chirps into the comms, "Oo! Oo! I wanna talk to the zombie man! Tell him: 'Star-Eater? That's a cool name for the Devourer. Yeah, that's them. What did the alien look like? Two-legged humanoid like us? Or something big 'n scary? Or do you mean that worm thing they left guarding the stairs? So are you like an ancient guardian of this temple? That's neat. How old are you? What kind of cool stuff is inside? If we promise to treat the temple with respect--I'll wipe my paws and everything!--would you let us inside? Those guys inside captured a friend of a friend, and tried to kill us, so we'd like very much to make them dead instead.'"

Liberty's Edge

A Case of Missing Persons Slides

"The being had four arms, and an elongated skull." He seems to be describing a Kasatha. The appearance of the Kasatha in the Pact Worlds system is fairly recent, so its not surprising that this individual wouldn't recognize them.

As the missing professor was Kasatha, so he is likely describing her.

"Behind me is the Temple of the Twelve, the last repository of my people's lore in this system. Before me lies the Veil, beyond which terrestrial ignorance melts beneath the weight of cosmic enlightenment. This is a sacred space."

"The Lashunta entered the temple and studied the secrets within. Some of them later ascended the mountain to commune with the heavens with the portable shrine they carried. The others remain inside."

"The speaker for the Star-Eater does not wish to allow you to enter, and by his will I must insist. You are not welcome here."

1,701 to 1,750 of 1,936 << first < prev | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM_MG's Dead Suns All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.