GM Dak - Shattered Star 1

Game Master Dakcenturi

Chapter 1: Shards of Sin
Part 3: In the Crow's Nest

Pics | Maps | Loot

Starting Day: Fireday, 2nd of Arodus 4712 AR
Current Day: Starday, 3rd of Arodus 4712 AR


2,601 to 2,632 of 2,632 << first < prev | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | next > last >>

female Dwarf inquisitor 2/paladin 1 | HP 17/26 | AC 21 | T 11 | FF 20 | CMD 15 | Fort +7 | Ref +1 | Will +10 (+2 vs poisons/spells/abilities) | Init +4 | Perc +9 | 2/3 spells | 1/1 judegments | 6/6 adorations
current status:
vermin repellent, alchemist fire

Sapher will head back with Mok dragging Ez along if she is still out of it.


Female Half-Elf Cleric (Varisian Pilgrim) 3 | HP 19/22 | AC:15 T:11 FF:14 CMD:11 | F+4, R+2, W+7 (+9 vs enchantment) | Init +1 | Perc +11 | Vermin Repellent

"Take cover!" Caroliss falls back again.

She sure hopes Vel is right about her own strategy.

The Concordance

Female Aasimar (Scion of Humanity) Unchained Monk (Scaled Fist) 1/Oracle (Divine Numerologist, Dual-Cursed Oracle) 2 | HP: 25/25 | AC: 16/16 (MA: 20) | T: 16 | FF: 14 (MA: 18) | CMD: 20 | Fort: +4 | Ref: +3 | Will: +2 | Init: +1 | Perc: +10

Esrisi groans and protests that her hair is crispy and burnt off in places. Though healed, she stumbles along with the others to get out of the way as Sapher half drags her.


HR | MM | RotRL1 | RotRL2 | SD | SS1 | SS2 | WftC_1 | WftC_2 |

As the others run out of the room Vel, goes the opposite direction and squeezes in behind the statue but is left in the darkness as the room as those with the light flee up the hall. After a moment there is flash of light as the room explodes in flames once again.

Damage: 6d6 ⇒ (1, 5, 2, 2, 6, 3) = 19

The entire room is engulfed in flames and ten feet out into each hall, including the statue and where Vel is standing.


Male Half-Orc Slayer (Ankou’s Shadow) 2/Unchained Barbarian 1 | HP 31/31 | Mirror Image Active | AC 17, Touch 11, FF 16 | F +7, R +4, W +2 (+2 vs fear) | Init +1 | Perc +8
Raging Statistics:
HP 31/31 (6 temp) | AC 15, Touch 9, FF 14 | F +7, R +4, W +4 (+2 vs fear) | Init +1 | Perc +8
Conditions:
Filth Fever, 1 save made

Drask growls as the fire erupts again. Vel you damn hothead. "Vel! You alright!?" He shouts.


Reference Image Elf Ranger 2/Brawler 1| AC 18 FF 14 T 14| HP 12/22| F +5 R +9 W +1| Init +4| Percep +9
Buffs:
None

Reflex: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (20) + 9 = 29

”Didn’t...quite make it...” she groans as she scrambled on to the next room...


Female Half-Elf Cleric (Varisian Pilgrim) 3 | HP 19/22 | AC:15 T:11 FF:14 CMD:11 | F+4, R+2, W+7 (+9 vs enchantment) | Init +1 | Perc +11 | Vermin Repellent

"Come on, let's hurry past this thing before it blows again!"

She drops a heal with her wand as she catches up to Vel.
CLW: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9
34 charges left.


HR | MM | RotRL1 | RotRL2 | SD | SS1 | SS2 | WftC_1 | WftC_2 |

The group, after seeing Vel is ok, if not a little bit crispy, moves on out of the room leaving the trap for someone else to deal with. The hall continues south for a ways before eventually turning east, then opens south into a long, wide hall.

A line of pillars runs down the center of this hall, between which lie the ruined remains of what was once an immense magical laboratory. Crumbled tables, broken stone urns, rusted cauldrons, and ancient fragments of broken glass lie scattered throughout. The northern wall depicts a vast mural of armies of deformed monsters and demons gathering on the shores of a mountainous island. Above, a woman’s face has been carved into the mountaintop, and an immense bridge arches out from just below this woman’s face. Below the mountain, at the end of a side view of a tangled network of caverns, lies a vast underground vault in which an immense monstrosity of tentacles surrounds a central fanged mouth; within the mouth glares an angry red eye.

Know. Geography - Mural DC20:
You recognize the mountain from the mural as what is known today as Hollow Mountain.

Know. Planes - Mural DC30:
The immense monstrosity of tentacles with a fanged mouth and glaring red eye, you realize is a depiction of the demon lord Yamasoth.


Male Half-Orc Slayer (Ankou’s Shadow) 2/Unchained Barbarian 1 | HP 31/31 | Mirror Image Active | AC 17, Touch 11, FF 16 | F +7, R +4, W +2 (+2 vs fear) | Init +1 | Perc +8
Raging Statistics:
HP 31/31 (6 temp) | AC 15, Touch 9, FF 14 | F +7, R +4, W +4 (+2 vs fear) | Init +1 | Perc +8
Conditions:
Filth Fever, 1 save made

Drask glances briefly up at the mural, but then his eyes focus on the rest of the room to identify any potential threats. He trusts the more educated members of the group to inform him if there's anything of note about the artwork.

Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (19) + 8 = 27


Female Half-Elf Cleric (Varisian Pilgrim) 3 | HP 19/22 | AC:15 T:11 FF:14 CMD:11 | F+4, R+2, W+7 (+9 vs enchantment) | Init +1 | Perc +11 | Vermin Repellent

Can't make any of those checks.

Caroliss takes in the scene with curiosity, and a newfound trepidation after the party was fireballed by a statue. "Whatever that tentacle creature is, it does not look friendly." She searches for any magical auras. Detect magic.

The Concordance

Female Aasimar (Scion of Humanity) Unchained Monk (Scaled Fist) 1/Oracle (Divine Numerologist, Dual-Cursed Oracle) 2 | HP: 25/25 | AC: 16/16 (MA: 20) | T: 16 | FF: 14 (MA: 18) | CMD: 20 | Fort: +4 | Ref: +3 | Will: +2 | Init: +1 | Perc: +10

Neither can I.

As Caroliss tops off Veltariel with the wand, Esrisi looks over at her charred clothing and hair and kept help but smirk. She leans in and whispers a joke "Look at us. A couple of regular burnt up explorers, eh?"

Even though she jokes, she's glad she can't see what her hair looks like even though she keeps pulling black singed pieces out of it.

In the crazy mural room she remarks "This room looks quite ominous."

The Exchange

M Elf Arcanist (Magaambyan Initiate) 3 | HP 17/17 | AC 14-12-12 | F+2, R+3, W+3 | Per +9, Sense M +2, Init +2 | Arcane Reservoir 8/9

As they quickly move past the trap, Mokhasi pauses, and takes a breath. ”Friends, do we have any way to disable similar traps in the future? The next one may be deadlier - we were lucky.” He looks around at everyone appraisingly, ”If we do not, may I suggest that we invest in some mechanism to do so as soon as possible? The remaining shards will be in further trapped areas, and next time we may not have a warning”

Mokhasi examines the mural carefully, trying to identify the mountain.

knowledge (geography): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (13) + 8 = 21

”I believe that complex would now be called ‘Hollow Mountain’, on an island in the Gulf of Varisia. I cannot identify the creatures though.” Mokhasi makes a crude copy of the mural, and writes in his journal some notes.


female Dwarf inquisitor 2/paladin 1 | HP 17/26 | AC 21 | T 11 | FF 20 | CMD 15 | Fort +7 | Ref +1 | Will +10 (+2 vs poisons/spells/abilities) | Init +4 | Perc +9 | 2/3 spells | 1/1 judegments | 6/6 adorations
current status:
vermin repellent, alchemist fire

Sapher grunts in agreement with Cars.

"Does it help us?" Sapher asks about the tapestry Mok points out.

The Exchange

M Elf Arcanist (Magaambyan Initiate) 3 | HP 17/17 | AC 14-12-12 | F+2, R+3, W+3 | Per +9, Sense M +2, Init +2 | Arcane Reservoir 8/9

”Perhaps... this looks to be at least related to ancient Thassalon, presumably this shows that there are ruins there?” Mokhasi shrugs, ”what is not important now may be important in the future.” He taps his head, ”plus, it has to go in our report for Heidmarch. She expects detailed notes.”

Mokhasi detects magic everywhere, too.

spellcraft: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (10) + 10 = 20


HR | MM | RotRL1 | RotRL2 | SD | SS1 | SS2 | WftC_1 | WftC_2 |

Checking the room for magic, there is none to be found and the debris here don't appear to hold anything of value. Eventually you make your way to the other end of the hall, though you keep looking back at the creepy tentacle-eye monster and it almost seems to be watching you as you move. You're fairly certain that is not the case and it is just an optical illusion but it is creepy none the less.

At the other end of the hall stairs ascend to the west and a closed door rests in the southern wall.


Reference Image Elf Ranger 2/Brawler 1| AC 18 FF 14 T 14| HP 12/22| F +5 R +9 W +1| Init +4| Percep +9
Buffs:
None

Veltariel’s lip curls into a slight smirk at Esrisi’s remark, but she doesn’t reply. She is clearly hurting from the encounters to this point. As the others discuss the venture ahead of them yet, she sighs and knocks an arrow again, assuming the inevitable continued threat.

Veltariel will listen at the door in the southern wall before the group decides on a path.

Perception: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (6) + 9 = 15


HR | MM | RotRL1 | RotRL2 | SD | SS1 | SS2 | WftC_1 | WftC_2 |

Vel hears nothing behind the southern door.


Reference Image Elf Ranger 2/Brawler 1| AC 18 FF 14 T 14| HP 12/22| F +5 R +9 W +1| Init +4| Percep +9
Buffs:
None

She opens it up a slight bit and takes a peek inside...


HR | MM | RotRL1 | RotRL2 | SD | SS1 | SS2 | WftC_1 | WftC_2 |

Peeking on the other side of the door there is a hallway that leads south eventually ending in two closed doors. There are hallways that split off to the east and west from this southern hall.


Reference Image Elf Ranger 2/Brawler 1| AC 18 FF 14 T 14| HP 12/22| F +5 R +9 W +1| Init +4| Percep +9
Buffs:
None

”By the gods does this complex ever end? There’s more side paths this way...” Veltariel groans in frustration.

The Concordance

Female Aasimar (Scion of Humanity) Unchained Monk (Scaled Fist) 1/Oracle (Divine Numerologist, Dual-Cursed Oracle) 2 | HP: 25/25 | AC: 16/16 (MA: 20) | T: 16 | FF: 14 (MA: 18) | CMD: 20 | Fort: +4 | Ref: +3 | Will: +2 | Init: +1 | Perc: +10

Esrisi shares Veltariel’s frustration as her resolve begins to wane. ”It’s no wonder no one has found the shard. It’s buried so far underground no one is able to make it there alive.”

She pauses was she just comes to a realization. I”Uhm. If these dangers we are facing are only on the way to the shard, what happens when we actually get to the shard? There is going to be some kind of guardian, isn’t there?”

When Veltariel relays the information on what’s ahead, Ez suggest ”Let’s try left first.”


Reference Image Elf Ranger 2/Brawler 1| AC 18 FF 14 T 14| HP 12/22| F +5 R +9 W +1| Init +4| Percep +9
Buffs:
None

Discord down for anyone else? I’ll hop on Roll20 here in the mean time.

Veltariel nods in agreement with Esrisi, and as the other woman brushes past Veltariel, her elbow brushes against Vel’s exposed skin of her waist, eliciting a painful inhale of breath from the elf. Esrisi can see the skin is, while no longer burned from the trap, is still quite red and painful looking.

Mostly just banter here, as I’ve lost track of my actual HP total. Heh.

The Concordance

Female Aasimar (Scion of Humanity) Unchained Monk (Scaled Fist) 1/Oracle (Divine Numerologist, Dual-Cursed Oracle) 2 | HP: 25/25 | AC: 16/16 (MA: 20) | T: 16 | FF: 14 (MA: 18) | CMD: 20 | Fort: +4 | Ref: +3 | Will: +2 | Init: +1 | Perc: +10

Es frowns when she takes a note of crispy Vel’s skin, ”Sorry, I didn’t see you were still so badly injured. Caroliss can top you off with the wand she has, why don’t you ask? I would do it but I’d probably break if it I held it. Things have a way of always going wrong in my hands unfortunately.”


Reference Image Elf Ranger 2/Brawler 1| AC 18 FF 14 T 14| HP 12/22| F +5 R +9 W +1| Init +4| Percep +9
Buffs:
None

Vel gives Caroliss a glance over her shoulder. She was thankful for the healing she had given her so far, but she also remembered her and Ado...Mokhasi together in his room.

”It...it’ll be okay. I just need to get out of this tomb and see the sun again. Breath some fresh air...”

She reaches up and catches Esrisi’s upper arm gently with her hand. She looks at her and says ”Hang on a second...” as she looks to the others. ”Give us a minute, please?” hoping they acquiesce and head on down the hall enough to give the two women a moment to talk in private.

The Concordance

Female Aasimar (Scion of Humanity) Unchained Monk (Scaled Fist) 1/Oracle (Divine Numerologist, Dual-Cursed Oracle) 2 | HP: 25/25 | AC: 16/16 (MA: 20) | T: 16 | FF: 14 (MA: 18) | CMD: 20 | Fort: +4 | Ref: +3 | Will: +2 | Init: +1 | Perc: +10

Uh oh.

Esrisi nods to her comment about the sun. ”Oh yes please! I can’t stand this dark and treacherous dungeon and won’t stay down here one more moment then we must!”

When she grabs her upper arm, she freezes and is unsure how to proceed. She shoots a glance over her shoulder to Caroliss for guidance but she is too busy talking to Mokhasi about something and misses the plea for help. Turning back to Veltariel, she nods silently and walks off with her looking back over her shoulder again for Caroliss, but this time Drask is standing in front of her blocking her line of sight.


Female Half-Elf Cleric (Varisian Pilgrim) 3 | HP 19/22 | AC:15 T:11 FF:14 CMD:11 | F+4, R+2, W+7 (+9 vs enchantment) | Init +1 | Perc +11 | Vermin Repellent

"Honesty, it would take a thorough researcher years to study this place. I'm sure someone would want to do that once we've dealt with the dangers."

Caroliss looks at Vel and Ez with momentary suspicion as Vel asks for some privacy, but shrugs and proceeds along to let them talk. I can't fix all of your problems, she thinks.


female Dwarf inquisitor 2/paladin 1 | HP 17/26 | AC 21 | T 11 | FF 20 | CMD 15 | Fort +7 | Ref +1 | Will +10 (+2 vs poisons/spells/abilities) | Init +4 | Perc +9 | 2/3 spells | 1/1 judegments | 6/6 adorations
current status:
vermin repellent, alchemist fire

perception: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (12) + 9 = 21

Sapher starts looking for traps again, but not so focused that she misses those two walking off together. Grinding her teeth in frustration, she hates not knowing if something bad has happened there. She suspects, her gut screams it, but without Mok or Cars expertise to tell her what, hitting them both with her hammer until they confess SOMETHING seems too Not-Bolkan.

She has considered it though, A Lot.


Reference Image Elf Ranger 2/Brawler 1| AC 18 FF 14 T 14| HP 12/22| F +5 R +9 W +1| Init +4| Percep +9
Buffs:
None

After a few moments away, Veltariel rejoins the group, giving the others a nod that she was ready to proceed.

The Concordance

Female Aasimar (Scion of Humanity) Unchained Monk (Scaled Fist) 1/Oracle (Divine Numerologist, Dual-Cursed Oracle) 2 | HP: 25/25 | AC: 16/16 (MA: 20) | T: 16 | FF: 14 (MA: 18) | CMD: 20 | Fort: +4 | Ref: +3 | Will: +2 | Init: +1 | Perc: +10

Esrisi doesn’t immediately follow Veltariel back into the room, I’m fact it’s probably closer to two minutes before she emerges through the doors. While shaking her left hand and clenching her left fist, she stares at the floor, avoiding all gazes with the party and appears to be deeply lost in thought. Closer inspection would reveal she is talking quietly with herself, which is not that unusual or out of place unfortunately.


Female Half-Elf Cleric (Varisian Pilgrim) 3 | HP 19/22 | AC:15 T:11 FF:14 CMD:11 | F+4, R+2, W+7 (+9 vs enchantment) | Init +1 | Perc +11 | Vermin Repellent

Caroliss comes up to Esrisi and gives her a hug. She doesn't say anything, but gives Ez a chance to open up if she wants to. If Ez rejects the implied offer, Caroliss is prepared and does not outwardly take offense.

The Concordance

Female Aasimar (Scion of Humanity) Unchained Monk (Scaled Fist) 1/Oracle (Divine Numerologist, Dual-Cursed Oracle) 2 | HP: 25/25 | AC: 16/16 (MA: 20) | T: 16 | FF: 14 (MA: 18) | CMD: 20 | Fort: +4 | Ref: +3 | Will: +2 | Init: +1 | Perc: +10

Esrisi leans into the hug, putting her head on Caroliss’s shoulder and lets her friend hug her but doesn’t her back. She just stands there motionless for a minute with her face pressed into Caroliss’s hair. After several breaths she stands up and walks away. She announces while still staring at the floor ”Let’s get moving. I want to get out of here as soon as possible.”


Female Half-Elf Cleric (Varisian Pilgrim) 3 | HP 19/22 | AC:15 T:11 FF:14 CMD:11 | F+4, R+2, W+7 (+9 vs enchantment) | Init +1 | Perc +11 | Vermin Repellent

"Right, let's get moving," agrees Caroliss. "I think everyone's in good shape, but if anyone needs healing just let me know."

By my reckoning, everyone is at full HP except Caroliss who is at 19/22.

2,601 to 2,632 of 2,632 << first < prev | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Dak - Shattered Star 1 All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.