GM Dak - Shattered Star 1

Game Master Dakcenturi

Chapter 1: Shards of Sin
Part 3: In the Crow's Nest

Pics | Maps | Loot

Starting Day: Fireday, 2nd of Arodus 4712 AR
Current Day: Starday, 3rd of Arodus 4712 AR


1 to 50 of 2,596 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

HR | MM | RotRL1 | RotRL2 | SD | SS1 | SS2 | WftC_1 | WftC_2 |

Magnimar, 1 Arodus 4712

On the western edge of the land of Varisia, along the southern reaches of a beautiful stretch known as the Lost Coast, the swampy expanse of the Mushfens and the coiling length of the Yondabakari River come to a stark and dramatic end in the shadow of a striking limestone escarpment jutting from the cliffs. Varisian legends have long regarded the place as a blessed resting spot for celestial messengers, and the wanderers would often visit in hopes of seeing an angel and gaining the good fortune such a portent presaged. Yet the upthrust mass of stone itself is overshadowed by an even greater sight—the Irespan, one of ancient Thassilon’s most prominent ruins. Known also as the Giant’s Bridge, this ruined causeway juts out from the Seacleft nearly 400 feet, with its ruined pilings extending farther out to sea, giving the unmistakable impression of ancient grandeur. Be it the point at which angels descended from the heavens to bless their Varisian wards or the ancient site of forgotten commerce and travel, the region has long captivated the imaginations of those who beheld it. Its position at the mouth of Varisia’s mightiest river and at the southwesternmost safe harbor on the mainland only further ensured that the site would, one day, host a magnificent city. Today, that city is known as Magnimar—the City of Monuments.

Built in the shadow of megaliths, Magnimar endlessly endeavors to surpass the overwhelming scale and grandeur of the ancient wonders that litter the Varisian landscape. A place of great opportunity, social stress, and cold beauty, the city exudes the air of a southern metropolis, seeking to rise above its ignoble beginnings as a refuge for Korvosan outcasts to become a beacon of culture and freedom in an unforgiving land. Yet its towering monuments, elegant gardens, ostentatious architecture, and elaborate sculptures form but a cracked mask over a struggling government and a desperate people in need of heroes.

Who might those heroes be? Perhaps those awaiting their fate to come to bloom in the quiet halls of the Pathfinder Society's newest lodge, Heidmarch Manor. Set like a jewel on the Alabaster district, this recently-restored house belongs to two of Magnimar's most eccentric citizens: esteemed hunters, explorers, and Pathfinders Sheila Heidmarch and her husband Sir Canayven Heidmarch. Rumor has it they recently retired and gifted their own manor to the Pathfinder Society, thus founding Varisia's first lodge. Rumormongers among the ranks of the Society itself acidly remark that without the unexpected discovery of the Aspis Consortium's plans to foil the Society's, Varisia wouldn't have been more than backwater to the almighty Decemvirate. Yet whatever the reason, Heidmarch Manor has grown to prominence in the last year, and it is now buzzing with activity of a thousand small hands perusing the grounds provided by the two former adventurers. Visitors are always welcome to the manor!


HR | MM | RotRL1 | RotRL2 | SD | SS1 | SS2 | WftC_1 | WftC_2 |

Mok/Vel:
Early the next morning you ‘awake’ to the sound of a light knock at your dormitory door. One of the Pathfinder initiates is outside and notes ”Sorry to bother you. Major Colson Maldris would like a word with Mr. Mokhasi.” Without waiting for an answer he gives you a nod and turns to leave.

Sapher/Drask:
After several weeks of training and lectures in Absalom, where you had been sent by the Pathfinders to prepare for your induction into the society, you can finally call yourselves a Pathfinder. You graduated with a number of your other peers in your training classes and you have already heard word that you will soon receive your first assignment. Details are non-existent and anyone you ask doesn’t really know anything to tell you but you are to head out on the first ship in the morning to Varisia.

Esrisi/Caroliss:
After several weeks of training you know your graduation day is near and you will finally get to call yourself a Pathfinder. With your family connections you were able to stay locally in Magnimar and, under the guidance of Mrs. Heidmarch, complete your training rather than be sent off to Absalom where new initiates usually go for their induction into the society. The upcoming graduation is a bit of a bittersweet moment. While you are starting your own lives now, away from your oppressive families, you don’t really have anyone to celebrate the achievement with other than each other.


Reference Image Elf Ranger 2/Brawler 1| AC 18 FF 14 T 14| HP 12/22| F +5 R +9 W +1| Init +4| Percep +9
Buffs:
None

Veltariel rolled her eyes at the hubris shown by this human messenger who so boldly went about giving her and Adorellan orders. She changed out of her night clothes and into the armor Adorellan helped her make, and fastened up her sword belt and situated her quivers before picking up her bow and pack before joining Adorellan in their common room.

"કુતરાઓ ભસતા આવ્યા છે, એડૉરલન. આપણે આપણા 'માસ્ટર્સ' ને નિરાશ કરવા નથી માંગતા, શું આપણે?"
Elven: "The dogs have come barking, Adorellan. We wouldn't want to upset our 'Masters,' would we?"

The Concordance

Female Aasimar (Scion of Humanity) Unchained Monk (Scaled Fist) 1/Oracle (Divine Numerologist, Dual-Cursed Oracle) 2 | HP: 25/25 | AC: 16/16 (MA: 20) | T: 16 | FF: 14 (MA: 18) | CMD: 20 | Fort: +4 | Ref: +3 | Will: +2 | Init: +1 | Perc: +10

Woot! It's go time! I'm assuming I can find Vel alone in a common room before anyone else arrives.

Esrisi awoke earlier this morning than she would have preferred, but she was up now and there is no going back to sleep once she was awake. The past several weeks of training were now ingrained in her system, who cares if they weren't due in the lodge for several more hours yet?

Laying awake in her shared room with Caroliss, she climbs out of her bed and throws her pillow at her roommate. "Hey wake up Care Bear, the sun's up. And I'm up, sooooooo you should get up."

The cleric issues several protestations and then simply turns over in bed, putting Esiri's pillow over her face. "Yes, I know we don't have to be up, but let's go get something to eat, I'm starving.".

When she still doesn't show signs of movement, she sighs loud enough hoping Caroliss hears here. "Fine, be that way. I'll be in the lodge this afternoon when you get up." If you get up.

Grabbing her things, she throws on her clothes and slips on her gloves and then makes her way to the lodge. Entering the common room she takes note of the unknown tall blonde haired, green eyed half-elf sitting by herself. Looking around the room and finding it mostly empty this morning, she decides to postpone getting food and see if the elf needs help. Looking at an empty seat near by, the tall blond oracle offers a warm smile and approaches Veltariel and sits down beside her.

She is dressed in causal clothing that is typical here in the lodge, with the only odd garment a pair of long, white silk gloves that stretch from her fingertips and up her forearms. With her crossed hands in her lap she offers "Good morning. I don't think that I've seen you around here before, are you new around here? Do you need some assistance?"

Though Esrisi is an aasimar, she is a scion of humanity and can pass for human without disguise. Her true heritage is not publicly known, save for Carolis. It is a closely guarded secret of hers and for all intents and purposes she portrays herself as an above-average height female human.


Reference Image Elf Ranger 2/Brawler 1| AC 18 FF 14 T 14| HP 12/22| F +5 R +9 W +1| Init +4| Percep +9
Buffs:
None

Heavens help you if you ever refer to Veltariel as “Half-Elf” aloud. LOL

Veltariel sported the human woman as she entered the common room. It quickly became evident the woman was going to join her, despite plenty of other seating options available.

Typical. Imposing her will on others with no consideration of what they want...

She continued to show her human uncouthness by sliding into a seat DIRECTLY beside Veltariel. The elf sighed and simply took a sip of her wine, casting an eager look toward the stairs for Adorellan to join her...

Willing to talk, but gotta play up the “despises humans” thing a bit first. Lol!

The Concordance

Female Aasimar (Scion of Humanity) Unchained Monk (Scaled Fist) 1/Oracle (Divine Numerologist, Dual-Cursed Oracle) 2 | HP: 25/25 | AC: 16/16 (MA: 20) | T: 16 | FF: 14 (MA: 18) | CMD: 20 | Fort: +4 | Ref: +3 | Will: +2 | Init: +1 | Perc: +10

That was an oversight, whoops!

Esrisi takes not that the full-elf does not offer any signs of speaking and then shoots a look to the stairs. Leaning back in her chair, Esrisi smiles. "Ah, you're lost. No problem, I was having trouble finding my way around here not too long ago myself. I can help, where are you trying to get to?"


Reference Image Elf Ranger 2/Brawler 1| AC 18 FF 14 T 14| HP 12/22| F +5 R +9 W +1| Init +4| Percep +9
Buffs:
None

”હું અહીં મારા હેતુ તેમજ મારા હેતુ વિશે સંપૂર્ણપણે જાગૃત છું. મને કંઈપણ માટે, તમારી સહાયની જરૂર નથી!” the elf mutters with a disdainful tone.
Elven: ”I am fully aware of where I am as well as my purpose here. I do not need YOUR assistance for anything, human!”

The Concordance

Female Aasimar (Scion of Humanity) Unchained Monk (Scaled Fist) 1/Oracle (Divine Numerologist, Dual-Cursed Oracle) 2 | HP: 25/25 | AC: 16/16 (MA: 20) | T: 16 | FF: 14 (MA: 18) | CMD: 20 | Fort: +4 | Ref: +3 | Will: +2 | Init: +1 | Perc: +10

"I.. Uh. I" Esrisi blinks several times rapidly, her brain trying to make sense of what just happened. Words come out of her mouth, but she isn't sure what to say.

Did I switch to Elven? Why is she speaking to me in Elven? Does she know that I understand her native tongue?

Sticking with the common tongue, she clears her throat and straightens her composure. "I've obviously offended you in some way. Did I impede on some foreign tradition or custom unwillingly? If so, I must apologize. I was trying to be of assistance is all."

Offering her brilliant white smile again, she forces herself to remain positive. "Perhaps we can try again! You obviously know where you are going. Clearly. My fault. Soooooooo." She trails off as she tries to find a way to recover the awkward situation. "What brings you to the lodge? Are you a Pathfinder too? Aren't they just the most amazing organization ever? Their military prowess really has impressed me so far."


HR | MM | RotRL1 | RotRL2 | SD | SS1 | SS2 | WftC_1 | WftC_2 |

Oof... You all weren't in the same place yet that's why I did spoilers :D. No matter, Vel/Mok we can carry out the other part in spoilers if needed or just fast-forward to you in Margnimar by now, as far as I could tell you were both still back in Andoran in your discussion thread.

The Concordance

Female Aasimar (Scion of Humanity) Unchained Monk (Scaled Fist) 1/Oracle (Divine Numerologist, Dual-Cursed Oracle) 2 | HP: 25/25 | AC: 16/16 (MA: 20) | T: 16 | FF: 14 (MA: 18) | CMD: 20 | Fort: +4 | Ref: +3 | Will: +2 | Init: +1 | Perc: +10

Whoops, that's entirely my fault. I was too eager to get stepped on by Vel apparently.


Reference Image Elf Ranger 2/Brawler 1| AC 18 FF 14 T 14| HP 12/22| F +5 R +9 W +1| Init +4| Percep +9
Buffs:
None

Oops. Will carry that on in spoilers as needed, but will stop for now until we are in Magnimar proper. *Returns mindset to being in Andoran with Mokhasi only*

Magnimar Scene Continued Oopsie:
Veltariel rolls her eyes.

This human is as persistent as a dwarf. Such a nuisance.

”ના, હું આ હોજ પૉજ સંસ્થાને સેવા આપતો નથી. મારા મિત્ર, તેમ છતાં, અને હું તમને બાર્બેરિયન્સથી વધુ મેનીપ્યુલેશનથી બચાવવા માટે પ્રયાસ કરીશ. અને લશ્કરી શક્તિ? હું માનું છું કે જો તમે અન્ય લોકો માટે તમારા માટે કઠોર કામ કરવા માટે ખાતરી કરો છો અને યુક્તિઓ પર એકલા ક્રમાંક પર આધાર રાખે છે, તો હા તેઓ લશ્કરી જીનિયસ છે.”
Elven: ”No, I do not serve this hodge podge organization. My friend, however, does, and I will am trying to protect him from further manipulation from you barbarians. And military prowess? I suppose if you consider convincing others to donyour work for you and rely on sheer numbers alone as tactics, then yes they are military geniuses.”

Posted that because I had already typed it up, lol!

The Concordance

Female Aasimar (Scion of Humanity) Unchained Monk (Scaled Fist) 1/Oracle (Divine Numerologist, Dual-Cursed Oracle) 2 | HP: 25/25 | AC: 16/16 (MA: 20) | T: 16 | FF: 14 (MA: 18) | CMD: 20 | Fort: +4 | Ref: +3 | Will: +2 | Init: +1 | Perc: +10

I'll just wrap it up and take my leave. We can place this pleasant interaction at some juncture between present time and when we get together for the first time.

Esrisi and Veltariel:

Barbarians?

Esrisi clearly was in over her head here. Not wanting to step one this strangers toes for fear that she was some extremely important figure to the Heidmarch's, Esrisi rapidly searches for an escape from this disaster.

Esrisi is awkwardly aware there is no easy way out, so she starts to laugh. "Ha, barbarians. Right. Anwyway, it was extremely, uh, nice, speaking with you this morning. I hope that you uhm, find you friend and stop the uh. Right. Ok then. I'll be going now."

She stands, still smiling and offers a polite tilt of her head. She quickly scoots away down the hall back the way she came, tripping over her feet at least twice.

Esrisi and Caroliss:
The aasimar returns back to her room where she slams the door loudly, making sure to use her foot and not her hands Huffing over to Carolis's bed, she collapses on top of the still sleeping cleric. Since she's so sure Caroliss wants to hear it, she begins to rant. "UGH! I just had the worst encounter in the lodge. This elf, she was SO RIDICULOUSLY RUDE. I mean, I didn't want to offend her, but clearly she was like All humans are barbarians and pathfinders are barbarians and slave drivers and what not."

Putting her hands on her mouth she talks through hands and says "Seriously. The worst part? I didn't get any food!"


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Reference Image Elf Ranger 2/Brawler 1| AC 18 FF 14 T 14| HP 12/22| F +5 R +9 W +1| Init +4| Percep +9
Buffs:
None

LOL! *High Five*

The Exchange

M Elf Arcanist (Magaambyan Initiate) 3 | HP 17/17 | AC 14-12-12 | F+2, R+3, W+3 | Per +9, Sense M +2, Init +2 | Arcane Reservoir 8/9

Glad it was straightened out before I posted, hah.

Dak/Veltariel:

Mokhasi sighs and thanks the young man, thank you young man, but Mokhasi is my first...” He shakes his head and chuckles as the man leaves, saying to Veltariel, I will say this, these northerners can be pretty bad at names. I will meet you downstairs if you’re itching to go, I have some things to pack.” He smiles at Veltariel and shoos her out before fastidiously packing his gear and joining her in the lodge’s common room. Spotting Veltariel, he says શું તમે મીટિંગમાં મને જોડાવવાની કાળજી રાખશો? હું આશા રાખું છું કે હું અન્યત્ર કામ કરું છું અને તમે અમારા લક્ષ્ય વિશેની અંતદૃષ્ટિ પ્રદાન કરી શકશો - જો તમે હજી પણ મને અનુસરવાનું ઇચ્છતા હો. In Elven:”Would you care to join me at the meeting? I expect I am to work elsewhere and you may be able to provide insight about our destination - if you still wish to follow me.” Mokhsi appears to be wearing his large hat and has his braids tied up with a band, and appears ready for travel.


Reference Image Elf Ranger 2/Brawler 1| AC 18 FF 14 T 14| HP 12/22| F +5 R +9 W +1| Init +4| Percep +9
Buffs:
None

Dak/Adorellan:
Veltariel nods. ”જો તમે મારી પાસે હોવ તો હું તમારી સાથે આવીશ. કોઈએ તમને આ પ્રાણીઓથી સલામત રાખવું પડશે...” she says with a wry smile.
Elven: ”Of course I will come with you, if you will have me. Someone has to keep you safe from these animals...”

She waits for him outside his door, her pack ready, so she doesn’t have to endure the company of humans alone...


female Dwarf inquisitor 2/paladin 1 | HP 17/26 | AC 21 | T 11 | FF 20 | CMD 15 | Fort +7 | Ref +1 | Will +10 (+2 vs poisons/spells/abilities) | Init +4 | Perc +9 | 2/3 spells | 1/1 judegments | 6/6 adorations
current status:
vermin repellent, alchemist fire

Spaher's trip:

Varisia” Sapher mumbled, it seems a bit far for her first mission, no information, no great master to follow around doing grunt work for. Just a ticket on a boat (a prospect Sapher also wasn't happy about, walking seemed much safer) and a go here when you get there...

You did want to get away” she reminds herself with a little bit of 'I told you so' in her own voice, which only got a grunt in response.

All in all, she gathers her things, easily fitting into a single pack, rubs her gold(ish) ring on a cord around her neck and sighs. One more step into a life of freedom, she tells herself, silently this time because too much talking to yourself makes people wonder about your sanity.

---

On the busy dock she runs into her biggest problems with humans. They are cursed with being too long . Makes no sense to to have those extra two feet of height. They ran into things much more than a dwarf, had to use way more resources for pants, and even worse blocked her view of EveryThing! Finding one's way in an unfamiliar city when all you could see is the ass end of humanity did nothing for her mood. So when she finally did make it to the ship, barely on time, her normally plain and ignore-able face was bright with frustration and a pure ready to punch things.


Female Half-Elf Cleric (Varisian Pilgrim) 3 | HP 21/22 | AC:15 T:11 FF:14 CMD:11 | F+4, R+2, W+7 (+9 vs enchantment) | Init +1 | Perc +11 | Vermin Repellent

Esrisi and Caroliss:
Caroliss was just about to settle into more sleep when Esrisi barges back into the room and starts complaining about some elf. Caroliss groggily uses her extra pillow to thump Esrisi away.

"Ez, can't a girl get some shut eye here? Ugh. I mean, you humans ARE barbarians, terrorizing everyone in sight. Not like us refined elves." Caroliss gives up on sleep and lets out a big stretch.

"Seriously, don't let some rude woman bother you. We're graduating, can you believe it? We'll be some of the first Pathfinder graduates in all of Varisia! Exploring the Varisian wilderness, hunting artifacts. I can see the announcement now--Lady Caroliss and Lady Esrisi discover ancient Thassilonian treasures!"

Caroliss gets up, gets dressed, and stifles a yawn. "Come on, I need some coffee, and you'll be less hangry once we get some eggs into your system." She proposes they head to the dining area, hoping for some sustenance.


HR | MM | RotRL1 | RotRL2 | SD | SS1 | SS2 | WftC_1 | WftC_2 |

Mok/Vel:
Once you are both ready Mokhasi leads the way toward the main hall of the Pathfinder Society in Andoran, it seems you were expected as one scholarly looking gentleman greets Mokhasi and leads you both to see Major Maldris, the head of the lodge.

Entering his office the Major is sorting through a wooden box overflowing with papers, noting your entry he looks up and waves you in before going back to his search. He continues rifling through the papers for a moment until he seems to find whatever it was he was looking for "Ah, there it is." Laying the paper on his, otherwise clean desk he picks up the box and sets it on the floor, then turns his attention to you "My apologies." He gives Vel a side long glance then focuses on Mokhasi as he continues "I've received a request from Mrs. Heidmarch, the head of the Pathfinder lodge in Magnimar, for some additional assistance. Since you had recently finished up your most recent mission and my other Pathfinders are currently occupied I was hoping you could head to Varisia and check in with the lodge there." Opening his drawer he pulls out an opened envelope with a letter inside and offers it for you to take.

The letter mentions having a lead on an ancient artifact and needing some additional Pathfinders as soon as possible since the lodge is relatively new and not well staffed yet. There are some other subtle details that make it appear the Major owed her a favor which is why she sent the request to him.


Reference Image Elf Ranger 2/Brawler 1| AC 18 FF 14 T 14| HP 12/22| F +5 R +9 W +1| Init +4| Percep +9
Buffs:
None

Dak/Adorellan:
Veltariel gives Adorellan a meaningful look, but remains silent at his side.

The Concordance

Female Aasimar (Scion of Humanity) Unchained Monk (Scaled Fist) 1/Oracle (Divine Numerologist, Dual-Cursed Oracle) 2 | HP: 25/25 | AC: 16/16 (MA: 20) | T: 16 | FF: 14 (MA: 18) | CMD: 20 | Fort: +4 | Ref: +3 | Will: +2 | Init: +1 | Perc: +10

Lady Caroliss and Lady Esrisi!:

Esrisi crosses her arms across her chest, still pouting about her encounter with the mean elf and completely ignoring everything her friend just said. "Hrmphh. I mean. I mean, what did she want from me? Do you think she was some important person? I bet she wasn't though! She was probably-"

She finally stops ranting when she sees Caroliss shooting her a look. Holding her gloved hands up in mock surrender, she relents. "Alright, alright. I'm probably just hungry, that's all. "

Once they are out of the room and on the way back to the lodge again, she revisits Caroliss's prior statement. "So, do you really think that? We're going to find some ancient Thassilonian artifacts? I think that is just some recruitment mumbo-jumbo. But ..." she trails off as her eyes go wide and she bites her lower lip in anticipation.

Folding her hands together she raises her eyebrow as she turns to face the cleric. "But if it was true! Oh, my! That would be amazing! Can you imagine? We'd be so famous. I bet we would need to give a speech too, don't you think?"

She hops up several steps onto a staircase above Caroliss, sweeping her hand across the large open and primarily vacant hallway they just entered. "Thank you! Thank you! I'd like to thank you all for coming here tonight! You know, there's a funny story about the relic, we almost missed it because my truly famous partner here, Caroliss Kadden, she wanted to get some shut eye. What's that? Hmm? Autograph? Yes, you can have our autogra-"

All of her grandstanding was for naught when she puts her left foot too far forward and stars to slip. When she reaches out to brace herself, her hand grasps the banister by reflex. The moment her hand comes in contact with the wood, it cracks and breaks from her touch. Esrisi's forward momentum sends her tumbling down the last two steps to land flat on her bum with a sigh.

The Exchange

M Elf Arcanist (Magaambyan Initiate) 3 | HP 17/17 | AC 14-12-12 | F+2, R+3, W+3 | Per +9, Sense M +2, Init +2 | Arcane Reservoir 8/9

Dak/Veltariel:

Mokhasi smiles at Veltariel and gestures that they should head over to the Major’s office. Mokhasi takes off his hat and squashes it under his arm as he approaches the Major, and shakes his hand, ”no apologies needed, major.” He listens attentively as Maldris explains the situation. ”I am sorry, I am not familiar with Varisia. It is northwest of here, yes? I do not know much about it, though I would surmise that such an artifact as you refer is related to the Thassalonian empire, yes? Tell me please, are the Aspis afoot in the region?”

Sense Motive on Veltariel: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (6) + 0 = 6

Mokhasi is oblivious to most meaningful looks.


HR | MM | RotRL1 | RotRL2 | SD | SS1 | SS2 | WftC_1 | WftC_2 |

Lady Heidmarch walks around the corner just in time to see Esrisi tumble down the stairs and land on her rump. She shakes her head and simply asks "Are you alright Esrisi?"

Sapher/Drask:
Sapher makes it aboard the ship she was schedule to be on shortly before they pull up the gangplank and prepare to set sail. As she gets her bearings she see a large half-orc with several impressive scars that she swears to herself she has seen before at or around the Pathfinder lodge there in Absalom. Was she being tailed or worse yet was it one of those dastardly Aspis Consortium scoundrels the Pathfinders always spoke about?

Mok/Vel:
The Major nods to Mokhasi "Indeed it is to the northwest and you are correct that many of the artifacts in the region relate back to the ancient Thassalonian empire." He smiles as he continues "For not being familiar you seem to at least have a passing knowledge so you may have been a better pick than I had even known."

When Mokhasi mentions the Aspis Major Maldris's face glowers for a moment the thought of the Consortium obviously bringing up bad memories, as his thoughts are brought back to the present he shurgs "The Consotrium is everywhere, as I'm sure you well know. Nothing was mentioned about a direct threat from them however and since the lodge in Varisia is so new they may not have a large presence there as of yet. Either way though, it is always wise to be on the look out."

Seeing you at least interested the Major turns the conversation back towards the needs of the Society "I've booked passage on, what I've been told, is a speedy vessle that is bound for the Land of the Linnorm Kings. They've agreed to drop you in Magnimar when they stop to re-supply. They depart in on the morrow."


Reference Image Elf Ranger 2/Brawler 1| AC 18 FF 14 T 14| HP 12/22| F +5 R +9 W +1| Init +4| Percep +9
Buffs:
None

Dak/Adorellan:
Veltariel scoffs, and turns to wait outside of this human’s oversized abode. She leaned against a tree on the far side of the street and waited for Adorellan.

”તમારા સ્નાતકોત્તર માટે વધુ લાવો રમવા માટે તૈયાર છો?” she asked once Adorellan made his way out.
Elven: ”Ready to go play more fetch for your Masters?”

She straightened herself up and took a few steps onto the street. ”તેઓ અમને પોતાનું પોતાનું પુસ્તક વાંચવા માટે પૂરતા પ્રમાણમાં માન આપતા નથી. તેઓ સંભવતઃ અમને એક આકર્ષક ઇલેવન કોરસેરની જગ્યાએ કેટલાક બોજારૂપ માનવીય વાસણો પર રાખે છે!”
Elven: [b]”They dont even respect us enough to let us book our own passage. They probably have us on some cumbersome human vessel instead of a sleek elven corsair!”


Female Half-Elf Cleric (Varisian Pilgrim) 3 | HP 21/22 | AC:15 T:11 FF:14 CMD:11 | F+4, R+2, W+7 (+9 vs enchantment) | Init +1 | Perc +11 | Vermin Repellent

Caroliss and Clumsy Ez:
"Aren't all elves self-important? I mean, they live a thousand years or whatever, that probably gets to their head. It's too bad that lifespan didn't rub off on me."

But Caroliss's amusement turns into an audible gasp as Esrisi starts to stumble. It's only after seeing Esrisi land safely on her bum that Caroliss starts to giggle. She looks up to see their famed benefactor looking on. "I think Esrisi was just excited, Lady Heidmarch. Thankfully, there was plenty there to cushion her fall." Caroliss teased, but in truth Esrisi was so perfect she looked like--well, like an angel. She stoops to help Esrisi up--but carefully--knowing that simply pulling her up by the hand could be a rather draining experience.

"There's so much to be excited about with graduation! I can't wait to see what a party at the manor will look like! Will there be a special guest speaker? Is there anything you need help with?" That last question came out from force of habit--one that thankfully was happening less often with people Caroliss didn't like. When it came to the Sheila Heidmarch, though, Caroliss had no hesitation about kissing up. "We really appreciate everything you've done for us."


female Dwarf inquisitor 2/paladin 1 | HP 17/26 | AC 21 | T 11 | FF 20 | CMD 15 | Fort +7 | Ref +1 | Will +10 (+2 vs poisons/spells/abilities) | Init +4 | Perc +9 | 2/3 spells | 1/1 judegments | 6/6 adorations
current status:
vermin repellent, alchemist fire

Sapher/Drask:

Diplomacy is an art form, the priestesses would tell her, encouraging her to speak softer, to try and weave a conversation to toward the desire of both parties. Hours upon hours of lectures from the pathfinders talked about the importance of giving words a try, that relations between you and the indigenous would go long ways for a safe and successful expedition.

So with a sigh, Sapher decides she'll listen to wiser council than her gut. And anyway her gut points out that since that half orc is so freakishly tall and swollen with muscle, he is quite top heavily. If he turns out to be a stalker or one of the Aspis minions, she should easily be able to topple him overboard.

Sapher moves up to the half orc and gives him her brightest smile (similar to a grimace) and in a charming (blunt and loud) voice asks "Why are you here!"

diplomacy: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 2 = 17 +2 more if he could be sexually attracted to her, which is unlikely but it worth noting anyway

Huh? Maybe Sapher will be the face of the group :)

The Concordance

Female Aasimar (Scion of Humanity) Unchained Monk (Scaled Fist) 1/Oracle (Divine Numerologist, Dual-Cursed Oracle) 2 | HP: 25/25 | AC: 16/16 (MA: 20) | T: 16 | FF: 14 (MA: 18) | CMD: 20 | Fort: +4 | Ref: +3 | Will: +2 | Init: +1 | Perc: +10

Stupid. Stupid! What were you thinking? You deserved that. You lucky it didn't happen in front all of the Pathfinders!

She's so busy scolding herself and ignoring the ribbing that Caro's giving her that she doesn't notice Lady Heidmarch walking up behind her. When the Venture Captain speaks however, Esrisi's cheeks flush and she quickly scrambles to her feet. Ignoring the literal pain in her ass, she tries to recover the best she can. "Uhm, yes Venture Captain Heidmarch. I simply wasn't paying attention and fell. I'm fine. Thank you for asking though."

When Caroliss makes a comment about Esrisi's rear end, she shoots daggers to her companion and mentally prepares herself to smack her harder with the pillow next time. Oh really!

Standing straight and folding her hands behind her back, she opens her mouth and prepares to ask if they can help with anything, but Caroliss beats her to the punch. Like usual, first out of the gate with Shelia every time. She closes her mouth and waits patiently for Ms. Heidmarch to answer.

She doesn't wait too long before a devious thought pops into her head however and she quickly appends to Caro's statement, "I think what Caroliss means to ask is, will Mr. Heidmarch be speaking?" She focuses all of her efforts into keeping a straight face and displaying poise, desperately wanting to bite her lip and fearing she will burst into laughter. HA! That ought to get a rise out of her.


HR | MM | RotRL1 | RotRL2 | SD | SS1 | SS2 | WftC_1 | WftC_2 |

Lady Heidmarch smiles and nods to Caroliss "Actually there is something I would like both of you to help me with. As you've probably noticed there are some new Pathfinders arriving from out of town."

She looks to Esrisi, rolling her eyes a bit at her comment and her smile only broadens as she continues "I hear you've ran into one of them already." Looking back to Caroliss she continues "In any case, there is a vessel from Absalom that is scheduled to arrive soon. Two more Pathfinders should be aboard, a dwarf and a half-orc. If you could please head to the docks and great them, then show them the way to the lodge here, that would be a great help."

The Concordance

Female Aasimar (Scion of Humanity) Unchained Monk (Scaled Fist) 1/Oracle (Divine Numerologist, Dual-Cursed Oracle) 2 | HP: 25/25 | AC: 16/16 (MA: 20) | T: 16 | FF: 14 (MA: 18) | CMD: 20 | Fort: +4 | Ref: +3 | Will: +2 | Init: +1 | Perc: +10

Esrisi thinks back, but can't recall running into any Pathfinders recently. She was probably talking to Car

Pushing the thought aside for now, she nods in agreement to the Venture Captain. "Absolutely, we would love to assist." She asks for the details on the ship and its arrival location, then waits for Shelia to leave earshot before she starts making kissing sounds at Caroliss.

After the ribbing is done, she starts to lead the way towards the docks. About halfway there her stomach grumbles loudly and she groans. "Gah! I need to eat, I'm starving. I'm never going to get food today!"

The Exchange

M Elf Arcanist (Magaambyan Initiate) 3 | HP 17/17 | AC 14-12-12 | F+2, R+3, W+3 | Per +9, Sense M +2, Init +2 | Arcane Reservoir 8/9

Dak/Veltariel:

Mokhasi nods, "Thassalon is like the Shory, and I know little of it except of the legends of its existence. The bones of Golarion are old and pocked with many dead civilizations. Anyway, your proposal is acceptable - I will depart immediately. Tell me - is it cold there? I am used to warmer weather... no matter. It will be an interesting experience for Veltariel and I." Mokhasi smiles at Maldris, and takes his leave, shaking Maldris' hand.

He exits the lodge and listens as Veltariel,હા હું છું! આ ખૂબ જ આકર્ષક છે. દુર્લભ આર્ટિફેક્ટસ ભેગા કરવાથી ઉત્તર આવતા મારા લક્ષ્યોમાંનો એક છે, અને આ એક મહાન તક જેવું લાગે છે. મવેંગીમાં આવેલા તમામ મૃત સંસ્કૃતિઓ ઝેરી સર્પ અને શૈતાની ગોરિલોથી ભરેલી જંગલી જંગલોથી ઘેરાયેલી છે, તેથી તેનાથી વ્યવહાર કરવો વધુ સહેલું હોવું જોઈએ. પ્રાચીન સંસ્કૃતિઓ ખૂબ રસપ્રદ છે!
In Elven"Yes, I am! This is terribly exciting. Collecting rare artifacts is one of my goals of coming North, and this sounds like a great chance. All of the dead civilizations in the Mwangi are surrounded by impenetrable deadly jungles full of venomous snakes and demonic gorillas, so this must be easier to deal with than that. Ancient civilizations are very interesting!" Mokhasi seems to be happily distracted by the thought of travel, dead civilizations, and discovery.

અલબત્ત, અહીંથી લિવરોર્મ રાજાઓ અથવા મગ્નિમરની ભૂમિ કેમ મુસાફરી કરશે? તળાવમાં મોટાભાગની ઇલવેન બોટ નથી? જો તમે ઇચ્છો કે હું તમને થોડો દરિયા કિનારો શીખવી શકું તો મેં અહીં મારા સફર પર શીખ્યા.
In Elven"Of course, why would elves travel to the land of the linnorm kings or Magnimar from here? Aren't most of the elven boats up in lake Encarthen? If you would like I can teach you some sea shanties I learned on my trip up here." He begins humming/singing a song about a drunk manatee as he returns to his little room to check and see if he forgot anything to bring.


Reference Image Elf Ranger 2/Brawler 1| AC 18 FF 14 T 14| HP 12/22| F +5 R +9 W +1| Init +4| Percep +9
Buffs:
None

Dak/Adorellan:
Veltariel feigns a gag. "ચોક્કસપણે નહીં. હું તેમનો ગુટુરલ ગાવાનું પૂરતું સમય પસાર કરવા જઇ રહ્યો છું. હું તમને ચેતવણી આપી રહ્યો છું, તેમ છતાં, હું તેમાંથી કોઈને પણ તોડશે જેણે નક્કી કર્યું છે કે તેઓ મારા પર ધ્યાન આપવાની જરૂર છે. જ્યારે આપણે સૌ પ્રથમ મળ્યા ત્યારે તે વ્યક્તિની જેમ વીશીમાં પણ. અને તે સૈનિક જ્યારે આપણે જંગલમાં વિનાશની શોધમાં ગયા. અને તે જાદુગરીની સાથે, તેણીએ કેવી રીતે મૂકી ... 'એલ્ફ માટે વસ્તુ.' જો તેમનો કપ્તાન તેમને લાઇનમાં રાખી શકતો નથી, તો હું કરીશ."
Elven: [b]"Absolutely not. I'm going to have to endure their guttural singing for enough time as it is. I am warning you now, though, that I will break something on any of them that decide they need to grope at me. Like that guy in the tavern when we first met. And that soldier when we went looking for the ruin in the forest. And that sorceress with, how did she put it...'a thing for elves.' If their captain can't keep them in line, I will."


HR | MM | RotRL1 | RotRL2 | SD | SS1 | SS2 | WftC_1 | WftC_2 |

Mok/Vel:
Making sure not to leave anything behind you spend the day preparing and, Mok says goodbye to any friends or acquaintances he had made during his stay there. Vel follows around with a sour look on her face that has become all to common for her in her time in the 'human world'. You are prompt to arrive at the appointed vessel and set sail for Magnimar. The trip is pretty quiet and nothing of great import happens along the way. The sailors learn very quickly to talk with Mokhasi and do their best to avoid Vel altogether.

As the City of Mounments comes into view over the horizon you take in the grandeur of the Irespan bridge, impossibly huge but in ruin extending out over the bay. Once you have docked you find a well dressed woman with jet black hair waiting for you ashore. She waves in your direction with a smile on her face. As you approach she nods to you each "Welcome to Magnimar, I was told to expect two elves from the lodge in Andoran. I'm assuming that is you? I am Sheila Heidmarch, head of the lodge here in Magnimar. It's not often we get guests such as yourselves so I wanted to come and welcome you in person." She smiles hesitantly as she finishes "તમે અમને જોડાવા માટે આનંદ અનુભવો છો."
Elven: "It is a pleasure to have you join us."

She looks at you a little unsure of herself, her tones are off in some parts and it's apparent she doesn't actually speak elven, but she seems to have, at the very least, practiced that one phrase to show some semblance of respect for your heritage.


Reference Image Elf Ranger 2/Brawler 1| AC 18 FF 14 T 14| HP 12/22| F +5 R +9 W +1| Init +4| Percep +9
Buffs:
None

Dak/Adorellan:
Veltariel disembarks, thoroughly in a sour mood having spent weeks in close confinement with a bunch of humans, only to immediately be accosted by one as the docked. ”તમારા પર ભાર અને ઉચ્ચારણ તરીકે તમારો ઇન્ફ્લેક્શન બંધ છે. તમારી અસ્પષ્ટ માનવીય જીભથી કચડી નાખીને અમારી ભાષાને અસ્પષ્ટ કરશો નહીં,” she grumbles without making eye contact as she makes sure her and Adorellan’s things make it off the ship without human tampering.

Elven: ”Your inflection is off as is your emphasis and pronunciation. Do not demean our language by butchering it with your clumsy human tongue.”

The Concordance

Female Aasimar (Scion of Humanity) Unchained Monk (Scaled Fist) 1/Oracle (Divine Numerologist, Dual-Cursed Oracle) 2 | HP: 25/25 | AC: 16/16 (MA: 20) | T: 16 | FF: 14 (MA: 18) | CMD: 20 | Fort: +4 | Ref: +3 | Will: +2 | Init: +1 | Perc: +10

Oh goody. Shelia can say what Esrisi wanted to say! Do it Shelia, you know you want to!!!


Female Half-Elf Cleric (Varisian Pilgrim) 3 | HP 21/22 | AC:15 T:11 FF:14 CMD:11 | F+4, R+2, W+7 (+9 vs enchantment) | Init +1 | Perc +11 | Vermin Repellent

"You're just jealous because she likes me better," shoots back Caroliss, as they head toward the docks. "If you're hungry, let's hurry--maybe we can get some fresh fish on the docks. We could even have a bite with the half-orc and dwarf. What a sight that'll be!" Caroliss seems to have gotten over her need for coffee as they head off to meet the new arrivals.

Arriving at the docks, she starts asking a random worker. "Pardon me, but there's a ship coming in from Absalom, do you know where it's docked?"

The Exchange

M Elf Arcanist (Magaambyan Initiate) 3 | HP 17/17 | AC 14-12-12 | F+2, R+3, W+3 | Per +9, Sense M +2, Init +2 | Arcane Reservoir 8/9

Mok/Vel:
The ship slides into the harbor, and Mokhasi breathes in the smell of a new city. Different but not unpleasant, but seemingly more chaotic than those found inn Andoran. Saying goodbye to the kind shipmates, he disembarks with Veltariel and peers into the assembled scattering of people. He notices the dark-haired woman at the same time she notices him, and he approaches. When she greets them, he tips his hat to her as she issues her greeting in Elven. When she is finished, he smiles, as Veltariel responds, and he waits a moment before replying in his slighthly Zanj-accented common, ”yes, it must be us. My name is Mokhasi Kpu’unde, but you may call me Mokhasi or Mok if you would like. This is my friend Veltariel. She prefers to speak Elven, though she understands a number of languages. It was kind of you to greet us in elven, but Veltariel was remarking that you can feel comfortable speaking Taldan if you would like. I can translate for her when needed.” He smiles at Sheila and at Veltariel. ”It is good to meet you, and you are the Venture Captai, yes? Please tell me of your concerns. I am happy to provide whatever assistance you require, though first I would like to try some food and drink in your city, please. Something only found in Magnimar.” He peers at her from under his big hat and holds the straps of his backpack.

The Concordance

Female Aasimar (Scion of Humanity) Unchained Monk (Scaled Fist) 1/Oracle (Divine Numerologist, Dual-Cursed Oracle) 2 | HP: 25/25 | AC: 16/16 (MA: 20) | T: 16 | FF: 14 (MA: 18) | CMD: 20 | Fort: +4 | Ref: +3 | Will: +2 | Init: +1 | Perc: +10

Haha... Nice translation effort there Mokhasi!

Grimacing at fish, Esrisi frowns. "Awww. I was really hoping to get those fresh biscuits we had the other day. They were amazing!"

As the sights, sounds and unfortunately smells of the docks begin to overwhelm her, Esrisi holds her hand to her nose. "You know I never thought I'd say I miss things from home, but it sure never smelled like this. Ugh."

Esrisi tries to be helpful in looking for the ship, but she is so overcome by the smells of fish she loses her appetite. Her stomach twists and she moves her hand from her nose to her mouth to stop her gag reflex. "You know. I don't think I'm hungry anymore after all. Let's just get the half-orc and the dwarf back to the lodge where the biscuits are."


Reference Image Elf Ranger 2/Brawler 1| AC 18 FF 14 T 14| HP 12/22| F +5 R +9 W +1| Init +4| Percep +9
Buffs:
None

Dak/Adorellan:
”સાવચેતીભર્યું, એડૉરલન. હું તમને ખાતરી આપું છું કે જો તમે તેની પાછળથી લાંબા સમય સુધી ચુંબન કરવાનું ચાલુ રાખો છો, તો તમે સમજો છો કે તે તેના બંદર કરતા ખરાબ ગંધ કરે છે. શું તેઓ પાસે તેમના ડોક્સને ગોઠવવા માટે પૂરતી સમજણ નથી હોતી કે જેથી પવન મૃત માછલીની સુગંધને સમુદ્ર તરફ લઇ જાય?” comments in disgust.
Elven: ”Careful, Adorellan. I assure you that if you keep kissing her posterior long enough you’ll realize that it smells worse than their harbor. Do they not even have enough sense to situate their docks so that the wind carries the scent of dead fish out to sea?”

She shoulders her pack and remains behind and on the side opposite from the human woman as she takes them to their destination. Everywhere she looked, it was human, human, human. Occasionally a halfling, gnome, or dwarf could be seen, as well as half-elves. Even brutish half-orcs were seen doing heavy lifting. She felt sorry for the half-elves, their lineage being corrupted with the human genome. But there were just so. Many. Humans.


HR | MM | RotRL1 | RotRL2 | SD | SS1 | SS2 | WftC_1 | WftC_2 |

Mok/Vel:
Shiela gives Vel a confused look as she bombards her with elven but upon Mokashi's explanation she smiles and simply nods "Indeed, I am the Venture Captain for our newly founded lodge here. We are still getting things up and running, but I needed some help which is why I sent word." She motions for you to follow as she leads you back toward Heidmarch manor, talking along the way.

"Before we get into the nitty gritty of why you are here, let me say I am glad that they sent someone with a little experience in the Society. Most everyone else I have right now is new to the society so it will be great to have some of your expertise."

"In any case, I asked for some assistance because I've started working with a local informant who mentioned she may have a lead on an artifact, seeing that we are in Varisia, I'm assuming the artifact is of Thessalonian origins. In any case, there have been some issues which is why I need a group of Pathfinders to assist me in uncovering exactly what is going on. Of course, once I have the whole team assembled I will lay out more of the specifics."

As you walk and talk you eventually find your way back to the lodge where you are offered food, including some local delicacies, most of which are some form of seafood. There is also a very sweet liquor that is quite tasty and made locally. After you have had your fill she asks to speak to Mok alone.

This would lead up to where Es stumbled upon Vel at the lodge while she was waiting for him to have his private meeting.

Vel:
Not long after your arrival and Mokashi going to his private meeting, you see the girl you met earlier, accompanied by a half-elven woman depart the lodge together. They don't seem to notice you are they are too busy in their own conversation.

At the docks Caroliss inquires about the ship they are looking for. The dockhand points them in the right direction. However, when you arrive there is no ship to be found. Checking with the harbor master he notes that it seems the ship is running late, but it should be in sometime soon, allowing you time to find something to eat if you have the inclination to do so.

The Concordance

Female Aasimar (Scion of Humanity) Unchained Monk (Scaled Fist) 1/Oracle (Divine Numerologist, Dual-Cursed Oracle) 2 | HP: 25/25 | AC: 16/16 (MA: 20) | T: 16 | FF: 14 (MA: 18) | CMD: 20 | Fort: +4 | Ref: +3 | Will: +2 | Init: +1 | Perc: +10

Esrisi buries her head in her hands with a sigh. "Of course it's late. And we can't leave either, can we? As soon as we take off it will pull in and then we'll have let the Venture Captain down."

Talking through her hands, "Fine. Fine. We're not going to find chicken Fricassee here, so I suppose let's just get some fish. God I hope I don't regret it though. Let's be quick about it."

She scours the docks in search of something quick to eat, not wanting to take too long.


Reference Image Elf Ranger 2/Brawler 1| AC 18 FF 14 T 14| HP 12/22| F +5 R +9 W +1| Init +4| Percep +9
Buffs:
None

”Uch,” Veltariel grunts quietly as the annoying human (as if any of their kind weren’t) left with an unfortunate half-breed. She sipped at her Elven wine and sat in the corner table, quietly waiting for Adorellan to finish getting his marching orders from this Venture Captain.

This is disgusting. When will he finally see that they are using him. Us. It’s downright demeaning...

She leaves a note for Adorellan in their designated chambers before heading out into the cesspool of a city for some proper supplies, as she doubted this lodge kept proper foodstuffs for the sophisticated Elven palate.

Adorellan, in Elven:
Going to find some proper Elven rations. I will return promptly.

She then sets out to try and find a store run by actual elves, and procures some proper Elven rations and a new bottle of Elven wine, which she tucks away in her pack before returning to the Lodge. If she makes it back before Adorellan finishes his meeting, she throws it away.

Altering my rations to Elven Rations (paying the extra 7.5 gold just because) and buying a bottle of Elven wine (10 gold and 1.5 lbs, again just because, lol).


HR | MM | RotRL1 | RotRL2 | SD | SS1 | SS2 | WftC_1 | WftC_2 |

Mok:
Once you are alone Shelia asks "If you don't mind me asking are you and your companion together, or why are you working together? I assumed you are from the Mwangi Expanse yes? I spent some time there in my youth working with the Pathfinders, its actually where I met my husband. Anyway, I don't mean to pry, but she appears to be from somewhere else and noticeably is not a Pathfinder."

Vel:

1d100 ⇒ 99

You make your way through the city passing by hundreds of different people. Eventually, you come across a garish stone structure that features a black-and-golden dome crowned by a thin black spire. A smell catches your senses on the breeze, a sensation you haven't had for a long time, since you were in Kyonin. It must be an old elvish baked good, but no one except an elf would know how to make it properly.

The Exchange

M Elf Arcanist (Magaambyan Initiate) 3 | HP 17/17 | AC 14-12-12 | F+2, R+3, W+3 | Per +9, Sense M +2, Init +2 | Arcane Reservoir 8/9

Mokhasi removes his hat and fans himself a bit when they enter the manor. ”What a lovely home!” When Vel excuses herself, he tries as many different foods as he can, including the liquor, and settles himself by removing his bag and stretching briefly before he goes into Heidmarch’s office.

Dak:

Mokhasi knocks on the door, waits a moment and then enters. He approaches the venture captain and says, ”Thank you for the food, what did you want to speak about? You should know that I am still ‘green’ and have not been on many dangerous missions yet. Mostly the exchange asked me to look at paperwork - but I am eager to try new things.” If asked, he will sit in any chair and listen attentively.


Male Half-Orc Slayer (Ankou’s Shadow) 2/Unchained Barbarian 1 | HP 31/31 | Mirror Image Active | AC 17, Touch 11, FF 16 | F +7, R +4, W +2 (+2 vs fear) | Init +1 | Perc +8
Raging Statistics:
HP 31/31 (6 temp) | AC 15, Touch 9, FF 14 | F +7, R +4, W +4 (+2 vs fear) | Init +1 | Perc +8
Conditions:
Filth Fever, 1 save made

Sapher/Drask:
Drask breathes the crisp morning air in sharply as he looks out over the water. Beautiful. He gave a soft smile as the waves crashed against the hull of the boat. The ocean he had only experienced once before, on his trip here to Absalom. Originally he was wary and suspicious when he was told a wooden box would carry him across such a large body of water, but once he saw the ocean he knew he would be alright. It was broad and open and welcoming, and the days came early and ended late. But most of all, it was the exact color of his brother's eyes. Even now, after all that had happened, he was still being looked after.

The trip itself was exciting, but the training in Absalom bored him. After he made it perfectly clear he met the physical qualifications for the Pathfinders (he was still chuckling about that poor recruit who sparred with him), they started focusing on telling him how he should go about getting things done and all the right people to report to and blah blah...it was headache inducing and Drask grew frustrated with the seemingly endless complexity of the new job he had acquired. The heavy payment from the Derexhi family, while a strong incentive, wasn't the reason he endured this 'education'. It was the promise of real adventure, real work with excitement and danger. The Serpent's Run was fun, but it was closer to theater than fighting and he longed for the rush of blood again that he has been missing for so long.

And his time was coming. He was back aboard a ship and returning to his new home in Varisia. How all these different people knew his business perplexed him, but he paid it little mind since they saw fit to give him passage free of charge. He was content to lean over the railing of the ship, stare out at the water, count the fish, drink what he could get his hands on, and otherwise lazily pass the time. Of course old instincts never quite settle down, and he felt the eyes on him.

He shifts his position, getting a better angle and seeing the short woman staring at him. No, not short, a dwarf. As she begins marching over he half-turns, his dark blue eyes meeting hers.

Sapher Mornshire wrote:
"Why are you here!"

Drask's brows go up as he considers her words. In the past few weeks he had been yelled at for doing a number of things he didn't consider to be bad. Eating food from storage without asking permission, getting into brawls with seemingly like-minded men who jibed him with insults, walking around the group bunks with no clothing. But as furiously as he dug he couldn't think of a reason why somebody would be upset with him here. He was told to be here by the Pathfinders, and he was usually out of the way of the crew when he was on the edge of the ship.

The half-orc shrugs, eyes flicking down to the warhammer on the dwarven woman's hip before returning to her face. He found that most women fell into two categories when it came to him; most were dainty little creatures that acted like he had the plague, but the rest didn't seem like they would care if his skin was purple instead of green. And most of those women tended to be armed. This was obviously one of the latter. "Told to be here. Don't know a lot, some kind of job." His voice is deep and rough, and it sounds like he has to speak around the teeth jutting out from his jaw.

There's no reason why Drask wouldn't be attracted to Sapher. He's attracted to women, and not particularly choosy when it comes to race. And Sapher being a "rough and course" type probably only makes it more likely he would be interested.

GM Dak, we both recently graduated as Pathfinders, correct? Would Drask have seen her around anywhere as a recruit getting trained with him? Not sure how big our 'classes' were.


Reference Image Elf Ranger 2/Brawler 1| AC 18 FF 14 T 14| HP 12/22| F +5 R +9 W +1| Init +4| Percep +9
Buffs:
None

Dak:
Veltariel’s eyes and ears perk up at the scent on the air that managed to slip past the stink of human sweat, fish, and chamber pots. She halts her return to the Lodge and begins to try and track its source down with earnest...

The Concordance

Female Aasimar (Scion of Humanity) Unchained Monk (Scaled Fist) 1/Oracle (Divine Numerologist, Dual-Cursed Oracle) 2 | HP: 25/25 | AC: 16/16 (MA: 20) | T: 16 | FF: 14 (MA: 18) | CMD: 20 | Fort: +4 | Ref: +3 | Will: +2 | Init: +1 | Perc: +10

After refusing a half dozen different merchants's food offerings, she spots a building on the waters edge. With a sigh of relief she says "An establishment surely will offer high quality food then these poor fisherman out here. Let's try there." Having barely been allowed out of the most prestigious district in Magnimar, the Alabaster district, she was completely unprepared for life on the docks.

A quick trip to the in of The Salted Mermaid does not prove as fruitful as Esrisi had hoped. Growing up with the highest quality foods Magnimar had to offer did not adequately prepare her for the realities of what the common person in Varisia lived like. Realizing she is out of time and feeling like she is going to pass out from being lightheaded however, she asks for two of their finest offerings and taps her foot impatiently while waiting.

Fifteen minutes later when two seaweed covered, blue finned objects that smells like it was retrieved from the sewers below the city is pushed across to them, she immediately demands their money back. The large woman behind the counter laughs at the aasimar before disappearing to the back somewhere.

"BUT WE'RE PATHFINDERS!" she shouts into the back as if she expects it to fix everything. Turning to find sympathy in her companion who was known to enjoy the better luxuries in life as well, she takes a deep breath and shrugs her shoulders. "Here goes."

A civilized, upper class individual such as herself normally would only use the finest silver to enjoy a meal. Once upon a time, that included Esri as well. These days however, any instrument she touched only fractured and broke which complicated the process and only made it more frustrating. Turning to Caroliss with shame in her eye she says, "Look away, Car."

She reaches down and picks up the semi-warm object in her hands and begins to eat it as fast as she can, doing her best to turn her back on her companion in the process.


HR | MM | RotRL1 | RotRL2 | SD | SS1 | SS2 | WftC_1 | WftC_2 |

Sapher/Drask:
Yes you could have very well ran into each other in training or at the very least would have seen each other in passing. I'll leave it to you, as to how familiar you are with one another.

Mok:
I think I may have ninjaed you, she asked her questions just above your post.

Vel:
Let's assume this is before you actually tracked down any true elven supplies.

You follow the scent inside the black-and-golden domed building You are slightly surprised when you find several woman and men, very scantly dressed milling about. It becomes obvious fairly quickly you've entered some sort of brothel. There are nearly naked humans and all other races about and as you enter you feel like they are all staring at you, sizing you up. Then you catch the sight of a beautiful elven maiden, wearing a bit more clothes than the rest. She saunters over to you and smiles, the scent you had followed wafting in the air with her approach. You notice as she approaches the others turn their gaze from you and her, obviously loosing interest themselves once the elf approaches.

"સેવર્ડ સ્ટિંગના ડોમ પર આપનું સ્વાગત છે. તમે કંઇક શોધી રહ્યાં છો, કદાચ હું સહાય કરી શકું?"
[ooc]Elven:"Welcome to the Dome of the Savored Sting. You seem to be looking for something, perhaps I can be of assistance?"

The Exchange

M Elf Arcanist (Magaambyan Initiate) 3 | HP 17/17 | AC 14-12-12 | F+2, R+3, W+3 | Per +9, Sense M +2, Init +2 | Arcane Reservoir 8/9

Dak:

”Together?” Mokhasi seems surprised by the question, but takes it seriously, then says ”oh, no, nothing like that. Veltariel is my friend is all. I met her in Andoran last year, and I showed her kindness when few others had, so she offered to protect me. She is very kind to animals, and is an expert marksman, and she often pointed out when my, ah, ‘gullibility’ got the best of me. It is important to have someone around who can point out your mistakes. But, it is not my place to talk to you about her past. She has had a difficult life and does not care very much for humans, so unless there is a dramatic change in the leadership, I doubt she will join the Society.” He sighs, and then straightens out his sleeve.

”I am one of the Ekujae, but I trained at the Magaabya. If you have travelled to the Mwangi you must be familiar with at least the legends of the Ekujae. I promise you, we do not measure up! We are not ghosts nor do we have strange powers beyond,” and he snaps his fingers and light emits from his fingertip before he waggles them and it goes out, ”normal magic. As for me, I am a simple merchant, plying what expertise I have as an excuse to see the world and try new things.” He smiles and gestures at the room around him, ”Such as Magnimar! Your fried fish is very good.”


female Dwarf inquisitor 2/paladin 1 | HP 17/26 | AC 21 | T 11 | FF 20 | CMD 15 | Fort +7 | Ref +1 | Will +10 (+2 vs poisons/spells/abilities) | Init +4 | Perc +9 | 2/3 spells | 1/1 judegments | 6/6 adorations
current status:
vermin repellent, alchemist fire

Sapher/Drask:

sense motive: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (10) + 8 = 18

Sapher squints up at the half orc, thinking another problem with tall people is that you have to look up at them on a bright day. Listening to his answer, she doesn't sense any malice or shiftiness, just blunt honesty. Here cause he was told to be. Doesn't mean he isn't an agent for that trade union or generally a prick, but...

Her hands shift from her hips(close to her hammer) to wrap around her chest as she thinks. She has seen him around too much for coincidence. Always around the lodge---

Suddenly she shakes her head, as she realizes she's being a idiot. The simplest answer is probably the answer. "You are a pathfinder? Like me? Sent to gods no where just cause they said 'Go There'?"


Reference Image Elf Ranger 2/Brawler 1| AC 18 FF 14 T 14| HP 12/22| F +5 R +9 W +1| Init +4| Percep +9
Buffs:
None

Dak:
Ah. Calistrians. And of course their human, baser interpretation of her worship...

Veltariel curtsies slightly and replies ”હાય, હું વેલ્ટારીલ છું. અને હા, હું ફક્ત શેરીમાં પવન પકડીને પલાળેલી પકવવાની ચીજવસ્તુઓનો સ્રોત શોધી શકતો નથી, પણ કેટલાક યોગ્ય એલ્વેન મુસાફરીની દુકાનો અને કેટલાક એલ્વેન વાઇન પણ માંગતો નથી. મને માનવીય ખોરાક બળવો જોવા મળે છે અને મારા પોતાના ખાદ્ય પદાર્થને તૈયાર કરવા અથવા અધિકૃત ઇલ્વેન ડીશનો ભાગ લેવો પસંદ કરે છે. કદાચ તમે મને શોધી કાઢવામાં મદદ કરી શકો? હું શહેરમાં નવા છું, ફક્ત થોડી મિનિટો પહેલા પ્રામાણિકપણે આવી રહ્યો છું.”
Elven: ”Hi, i am Veltariel. And yes, I seek not only the source of the elven baked goods I caught wind of on the street, but also some proper elven travel foodstuffs and some Elven wine. I find human food revolting and prefer to either prepare my own food or partake of authentic elven dishes. Perhaps you can help me locate some? I am new to the city, arriving just, well, only minutes ago honestly.”


Male Half-Orc Slayer (Ankou’s Shadow) 2/Unchained Barbarian 1 | HP 31/31 | Mirror Image Active | AC 17, Touch 11, FF 16 | F +7, R +4, W +2 (+2 vs fear) | Init +1 | Perc +8
Raging Statistics:
HP 31/31 (6 temp) | AC 15, Touch 9, FF 14 | F +7, R +4, W +4 (+2 vs fear) | Init +1 | Perc +8
Conditions:
Filth Fever, 1 save made

Sapher/Drask:
The big half-orc gives a deep chuckle. "Yeah, that 'bout sums it up. Though, being honest, I'm mostly here as a bodyguard for another Pathfinder." He gazes back out at the sea. "Rich girl ran off to join them, I got hired to keep all her limbs attached. Sounded like a fun job." He glances back, as if inviting her to the railing. "I've seen you around. One of those godly types, but the kind that'll hit you with a hammer." He snorts, spitting out a large globule into the water. "Half of priests will risk their lives for a stranger. Other half will skin you for the laughs. Guessing you're the first kind, yeah?"

1 to 50 of 2,596 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Dak - Shattered Star 1 All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.