GM Lorenzo's #10-08: What Prestige is Worth - OUTPOST II (Inactive)

Game Master Lawrence Smith 2

Maps, Handouts, and More!


551 to 600 of 608 << first < prev | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | next > last >>
Grand Lodge

Curse of the Crimson Throne | Gallows of Madness

Zarta nods, "So back through the sin scroll portal. Who's going first?"

(Any change to the single-file march order on Slide 1? Don't forget your Will saves as you enter the portal.)

Sovereign Court

CG Elf Arcanist 8 | HP: 58/58 | AC: 13 (T: 13, F: 10) | CMB: +3, CMD: 16 | F: +5, R: +6, W: +8 | Init: +9 | Perc: +11 | Speed 30 | Arcane Reservoir remaining: 7/11 | Low-light vision | Reroll | Conditions: Sickened

"I knew I should have practiced the Counterspell ability," Erlathan huffs. "I suppose we'll have to chase him the old fashioned way. I'd rather not go first, of course."

Will save for afterwards, tattoo: 1d20 + 8 - 2 ⇒ (11) + 8 - 2 = 17

Grand Lodge

Cirri's Familiar | Spells -/6/5/4/2 | Arcane Pool 11/11 | Flight Hex minutes 10/10 | GM Folio Reroll +2 | HP 86/86 | AC 21, T 12, FF 20 | Saves 11/6/8 | CMD 23 (25 vs trip) | Perception +7 | Init +1 | Female Human Magus 10 | Alignment NG |Ward not set

"Do we... do we have a way to pin him down? To prevent him from doing this again?" Cirri shakes some of the ink around. "All of these tattoos make it hard to resist his spells."

Dark Archive

M Human- Chelaxian LN Inquisitor-8 (Sanctified Slayer of Asmodeus), HP 67, AC 23 (touch 12, ff 21), Init +4. Fort +9, Ref +5, Will +9.

"You can follow myself and the Hellknight."

Will Save: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (2) + 10 = 12

OOC- how long has it been since we entered this room? Have some spells up that should still be in place.

Dark Archive

PFS #76925-14 LN Male Human Fighter (Weapon Master) 6 / HellKnight 2 HP: 82/82| AC: 22/12/21 | Fort: +9| Ref: +5| Will: +5| Init: +1| Perc: +9| CMB: +8 +6 Vs Disarm| CMD: 20 +3 vs Disarm| Ada.H.Flail: +16;1d10+11| Longbow:+9;1d8| Reliable Strike 1/day
Skills:
Acrobatics:+1| Appraise:+2| Bluff:+1| Climb:-2| Diplo:+2| Inti: +9| Kn.(Dun/Eng/Loc/Pla/Reli): +10| Kn.(Noble/His): +3| Linguis:+4| Sense Motive: +9| Stealth: -4| Survival: +6| Swim: +3|

Alden nods as he steps through, wounds and all.
"We'll have to chance it. We can't give him time to recover. After all Obtrivi there scares him."
Will Save 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (10) + 5 = 15


Theme Song

Obtrivi Will DC12: 1d20 + 3 - 4 ⇒ (1) + 3 - 4 = 0
Chainsaw rumbling in his enlarged grasp, Obtrivi makes his way to the sin scroll, tramping over the regenerating infernal contracts scattered on the stone floor and avoiding the fire pits, and the ifrit enters the viscous portal.

"Obtrivi crush!"

Grand Lodge

Curse of the Crimson Throne | Gallows of Madness

Cirri DC12 Will save: 1d20 + 7 - 4 ⇒ (2) + 7 - 4 = 5
Riddywhipple DC12 Will save: 1d20 + 7 - 4 ⇒ (17) + 7 - 4 = 20

Alexander closes his wounds with his wand, and Nella channels the positive energy of her goddess to heal and stop the bleeding on the rest of the party.

Each of you follows Obtrivi into the portal, Cirri and Riddywhipple bringing up the rear. Just as she enters the sin scroll, Cirri sees the infernal contracts once again take flight, whipping and slashing about the periphery of Leventi's otherwise empty sanctum.

It takes a full six seconds to travel through the sin scroll conduit. (Full-round to move through the conduit, emerging from the portal at the start of Round 4. Placed you on the scroll in the order of march. You will enter the next room with a full round's worth of actions available.)

Leading the way, Obtrivi emerges first from the portal and enters the Throne museum.

Leventi's waiting on the far side of the chamber, near the seared section of bridge standing in the southwest corner. The contract devil is waiting, and he completes his readied spell.

Spellcraft DC20:

Obtrivi DC21 Will save or:
You're instantly whisked away, forced back to the Material plane.

Map & Images

Conditions:
Difficult Terrain - The infernal contracts that had been gently floating on an invisible breeze, begin whipping about, slashing through the air. The jagged parchment also makes the areas marked with dashed white lines as difficult terrain.
Tattooed - Affected creatures suffer a penalty (= # of tattoos) to saves vs Leventi's spell-like abilities.
Pain - Affected creatures suffer a -4 penalty on attack rolls, skill checks, and ability checks.
Haste
Inspire Courage - +3 competence bonus to attacks/damage, +3 morale bonus to saves vs fear and charm effects.

Round 4
Bold
may act.

Leventi (-110)
---
Cirri (-19; Tattoo penalty -5, pain penalty -4, planar penalty -4)
Riddywhipple (invisible, Tattoo penalty -4, pain penalty -4, planar penalty -4)
Obtrivi (-28; Tattoo penalty -5, pain penalty -4, planar penalty -4)
Nella (-29; Tattoo penalty -1, planar penalty -4)
Alexander (heroism, resist energy (fire) 20, pain penalty -4, planar penalty -2)
Erlathan (Tattoo penalty -2, planar penalty -4)
Zarta
Alden (-35; Tattoo penalty -1, pain penalty -4, planar penalty -2)

Note: Once we resolve Obtrivi's fate, everybody is up!

Grand Lodge

Cirri's Familiar | Spells -/6/5/4/2 | Arcane Pool 11/11 | Flight Hex minutes 10/10 | GM Folio Reroll +2 | HP 86/86 | AC 21, T 12, FF 20 | Saves 11/6/8 | CMD 23 (25 vs trip) | Perception +7 | Init +1 | Female Human Magus 10 | Alignment NG |Ward not set

Despite all of the pain, Cirri sees the magic.

Spellcraft: 1d20 + 15 - 4 - 4 ⇒ (10) + 15 - 4 - 4 = 17

Cirri is in too much pain to read the signs.


Spells -/6 | Greater Invisibility 3/3 | Alignment CG HP 43/43 | AC 23 (T 16 FF 19) | Saves 8/6/9 | Perception +11 | Init +3 | Riddywhipple, Faerie Dragon familiar (Master) |

Riddywhipple takes a look.

Spellcraft: 1d20 + 13 - 4 - 4 ⇒ (17) + 13 - 4 - 4 = 22

"He's trying to banish Obtrivi back to the Material Plane. You definitely scared him!"

Dark Archive

M Human- Chelaxian LN Inquisitor-8 (Sanctified Slayer of Asmodeus), HP 67, AC 23 (touch 12, ff 21), Init +4. Fort +9, Ref +5, Will +9.

Alexander drops his puts away his chain-flail and draws his composite bow.

Swift Action- Bane and shoot an arrow (from Invisibility).

Ranged Attack vs. Evil Outsider: 1d20 + 9 + 2 + 2 + 3 - 2 ⇒ (1) + 9 + 2 + 2 + 3 - 2 = 15

that's a miss...

Dark Archive

PFS #76925-14 LN Male Human Fighter (Weapon Master) 6 / HellKnight 2 HP: 82/82| AC: 22/12/21 | Fort: +9| Ref: +5| Will: +5| Init: +1| Perc: +9| CMB: +8 +6 Vs Disarm| CMD: 20 +3 vs Disarm| Ada.H.Flail: +16;1d10+11| Longbow:+9;1d8| Reliable Strike 1/day
Skills:
Acrobatics:+1| Appraise:+2| Bluff:+1| Climb:-2| Diplo:+2| Inti: +9| Kn.(Dun/Eng/Loc/Pla/Reli): +10| Kn.(Noble/His): +3| Linguis:+4| Sense Motive: +9| Stealth: -4| Survival: +6| Swim: +3|

Alden rushes the contract devil moving with magically hasted speed but even with that, he's only able to just reach him.

"Prepare yourself." he intones.

Grand Lodge

Cirri's Familiar | Spells -/6/5/4/2 | Arcane Pool 11/11 | Flight Hex minutes 10/10 | GM Folio Reroll +2 | HP 86/86 | AC 21, T 12, FF 20 | Saves 11/6/8 | CMD 23 (25 vs trip) | Perception +7 | Init +1 | Female Human Magus 10 | Alignment NG |Ward not set

I hope you don't mind if I take my turn here.

An invisible Cirri emerges from the portal, flies across the room, hovering over the pool, and lands next to Leventi.

She swings her magic staff once as she lands.

Charging. Invisible. Arcane Strike +2. Combat Expertise -1 attack for +2 defense. Hasted.
+4 Quarterstaff: 1d20 + 12 + 3 + 2 - 1 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 12 + 3 + 2 - 1 + 1 = 18 Of course. I'm burning my +2 reroll on this.
Reroll: 1d20 + 12 + 3 + 2 - 1 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 12 + 3 + 2 - 1 + 2 + 1 = 26
2H Damage: 1d6 + 6 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 6 + 4 + 2 = 14

Cirri appears again right in front of the devil.
I have Mirror Image. Charge penalty to AC is offset by Combat Expertise.

Grand Lodge

Ifirit Unchained Barbarian 3/ Fighter 2/Techslinger 1/ Horizon Walker 4: HP 101/101 AC21 FF18 T13 Int +9 (+4 in Urban/Desert +2 in )Fort 15 Reflex 9 Will 3/ FireR 10/ Aligned CG

mobile posting, will be short

will: 1d20 - 5 ⇒ (17) - 5 = 12

will reroll: 1d20 - 2 ⇒ (13) - 2 = 11

Obtrivi blinks in surprise... And begins the long trek back to the lodge.

Sovereign Court

CG Elf Arcanist 8 | HP: 58/58 | AC: 13 (T: 13, F: 10) | CMB: +3, CMD: 16 | F: +5, R: +6, W: +8 | Init: +9 | Perc: +11 | Speed 30 | Arcane Reservoir remaining: 7/11 | Low-light vision | Reroll | Conditions: Sickened

"Obtrivi, are you going to use that chainsaw ag--" Erlathan gasps as the ifrit vanishes. "Oh.. dear.. There goes the artillery."

The elf frantically scratches his head. "I may be brazen in what I'm about to do, but this is a fight like none other. If I don't make it, one of you, please make it your life long goal to exterminate as many vargouilles as you can."

With that, Erlathan snaps his fingers, and dimensionally slides up to the north of Leventi. "I may have failed with my fireball, but try this on for size!"

Erlathan pulls a blue dragon scale from his pouch and puts it in his mouth. He throws his head back and exhales a 60 foot lightning bolt at Leventi.
SR: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (7) + 10 = 17 Sigh
Dragon's Breath: 10d6 + 4 ⇒ (4, 3, 6, 3, 2, 1, 3, 3, 6, 6) + 4 = 41
DC 21 for half, not that it matters, I presume

Grand Lodge

Curse of the Crimson Throne | Gallows of Madness

Obtrivi:
You find yourself back at Skyreach, in Venture-Captain Ambrus Valsin's private quarters.

Still in his silk pajamas, he sets down his toothbrush, wipes his mouth, and raises an eyebrow at your sudden, unexpected appearance.

"Encountered a little trouble in Hell, eh? I'm sure the rest of the team will be back shortly. If they survive. Why don't you wait in Venture-Captain Zarta Dralneen's office."

(No negative consequences. You'll still have a role to play at the end, so please keep checking the Campaign thread over the next few days. I'll cue you with a PM, when it's time to check back in.)

As each of you exit the portal and step into the Thrune museum, Obtrivi's nowhere to be seen. And Leventi has a s&$~-eating grin on his malevolent face.

"The big guy with the nasty chainsaw had to go, I fear. Good riddance, I say," he chuckles.

Invisible, Cirri and Riddywhipple pop into the room, and the faerie dragon surmises that Obrtrivi's been dismissed from the plane of Hell. The magus flies across the museum, charging at the contract devil. As her arcane energy-infused staff strikes Leventi, much of its force blunted by the devil's resilient hide, she once again becomes visible.

Alexander exits the portal in a somersault, dropping his flail and drawing his bow. The arrow pings off the wall, but the move scores major cool points.

Alden moves with haste to confront Leventi. He stops right in front of the devil.

Leventi flashes a smile. "I assure you, Hellknight, I'm prepared."

Erlathan emerges from the portal and pops a blue lozenge. A mentos-fresh bolt of lightning hurtles across the museum. And then it fizzles with scent of scorched ozone, when it fails to harm Leventi.

Inspiring everyone, Zarta moon-walks out of the portal and transitions to dancing the popping robot. Without skipping a beat, she readies a spell, heroism on Nella whenever she exits the portal.
Well I can make you feel where's this funky from
I can make you feel
I can make you feel where this funky from
I can make you feel baby baby baby baby
So let me get down, let me get down, let me get down with my best best best sound. Yeah. let me get down, show you

(Fingazz, I can make ya)

Map & Images

Conditions:
Difficult Terrain - The infernal contracts that had been gently floating on an invisible breeze, begin whipping about, slashing through the air. The jagged parchment also makes the areas marked with dashed white lines as difficult terrain.
Tattooed - Affected creatures suffer a penalty (= # of tattoos) to saves vs Leventi's spell-like abilities.
Pain - Affected creatures suffer a -4 penalty on attack rolls, skill checks, and ability checks.
Haste
Inspire Courage - +3 competence bonus to attacks/damage, +3 morale bonus to saves vs fear and charm effects.

Round 4
Bold
may act.

Leventi (-114)
---
Cirri (-19; Tattoo penalty -5, pain penalty -4, planar penalty -4)
Riddywhipple (invisible, Tattoo penalty -4, pain penalty -4, planar penalty -4)
Nella (-29; Tattoo penalty -1, planar penalty -4)
Alexander (heroism, resist energy (fire) 20, pain penalty -4, planar penalty -2)
Erlathan (Tattoo penalty -2, planar penalty -4)
Zarta (Readied Action: Heroism on Nella; Trigger: Nella enters the Thrune museum)
Alden (-35; Tattoo penalty -1, pain penalty -4, planar penalty -2)

Riddywhipple and Nella are up! (Zarta's waiting for Nella.)


Spells -/6 | Greater Invisibility 3/3 | Alignment CG HP 43/43 | AC 23 (T 16 FF 19) | Saves 8/6/9 | Perception +11 | Init +3 | Riddywhipple, Faerie Dragon familiar (Master) |

RIddywhipple stays near the portal and reactivates his Greater Invisibility.

Silver Crusade

HP: 67/67 l AC: 12, T 12, FF 10 l CMD 18 l F +10, R +6, W +12 l Adoration (7/7), Channel Energy (5/5), Clarifying Channel (1/1), Inspired (1/1), Resistant Touch (7/7) l L1: 5/5, D1: 1/1, L2: 4/4, D2: 1/1, L3: 4/4, D3: 1/1, L4: 3/3, D4: 1/1 l Init +6 l Senses: Perception +4
Skills:
Craft: Musical Instruments +11, Diplomacy +13, Heal +11, Kn. Arcana +5, Kn. History +6, Kn. Planes +8, Kn. Religion +12, Linguistics +7, Sense Motive +11, Spellcraft +5
Female NG Human Cleric (Ecclesitheurge) 8 l Active Conditions:

As Nella pops out of the portal she blinks to find herself the recipient of Zarta's heroics-inducing magic. "Um, thanks Zarta but wouldn't that be better for Obtri...vi..."

She blinks as she realizes that she doesn't see her companion anywhere, nor does she hear the *brrrm* of his chainsaw.

"Well...okay..."

Her expression hardens and she begins casting, a look of utmost concentration on her face as she attempts to power through the innate disruptions of being in Hell...

Concentration (DC 24): 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (1) + 11 = 12

Spellcraft (DC 19):

Nella was going for a Holy Smite.

"Ahhh!"

Nella cries out with pain and clutches her head, unable to maintain focus on her magic.

Dark Archive

M Human- Chelaxian LN Inquisitor-8 (Sanctified Slayer of Asmodeus), HP 67, AC 23 (touch 12, ff 21), Init +4. Fort +9, Ref +5, Will +9.

Realizing the Devil has used magic to deal with Obtrivi- Alexander curses...

"Damn it... Prepare to face the WRATH OF THE DARK LORD!"

Grand Lodge

Curse of the Crimson Throne | Gallows of Madness

GM Screen:
Nella's CL check vs Leventi's SR: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (5) + 7 = 12

Leventi emits another evil laugh, when Nella's spell fails to overcome his resistance. The contract devil adopts a defensive posture and tries to cast a spell of his own, targeting the magus wielding the magical staff. Leventi's maniacal chortling crescendos.

GM Screen:
Casting Defensively DC29: 1d20 + 19 ⇒ (13) + 19 = 32

Spellcraft DC22:

Cirri Will DC23 or:
One moment you're battling Leventi with your companions in his Thrune museum. The next, you find yourself outside the gates of Skyreach in Absalom.

Map & Images

Conditions:
Tattooed - Affected creatures suffer a penalty (= # of tattoos) to saves vs Leventi's spell-like abilities.
Pain - Affected creatures suffer a -4 penalty on attack rolls, skill checks, and ability checks.
Haste
Inspire Courage - +3 competence bonus to attacks/damage, +3 morale bonus to saves vs fear and charm effects.

Round 5
Bold
may act.

Leventi (-114)
---
Cirri (Will DC23; -19; Tattoo penalty -5, pain penalty -4, planar penalty -4)
Riddywhipple (invisible, Tattoo penalty -4, pain penalty -4, planar penalty -4)
Nella (-29; Tattoo penalty -1, planar penalty -4)
Alexander (heroism, resist energy (fire) 20, pain penalty -4, planar penalty -2)
Erlathan (Tattoo penalty -2, planar penalty -4)
Zarta (Readied Action: Heroism on Nella; Trigger: Nella enters the Thrune museum)
Alden (-35; Tattoo penalty -1, pain penalty -4, planar penalty -2)

Everybody, you're up! (Cirri, please attempt a DC23 Will save before acting.)

Grand Lodge

Cirri's Familiar | Spells -/6/5/4/2 | Arcane Pool 11/11 | Flight Hex minutes 10/10 | GM Folio Reroll +2 | HP 86/86 | AC 21, T 12, FF 20 | Saves 11/6/8 | CMD 23 (25 vs trip) | Perception +7 | Init +1 | Female Human Magus 10 | Alignment NG |Ward not set

Oh joy, a Will Save. Let's see if I roll a 20.

Cirri mumbles. "Okay. Okay. Silver or Cold Iron? Silver or Cold Iron-"
Will Save, Pain, Planar, Leventi: 1d20 + 7 - 4 - 4 - 4 ⇒ (13) + 7 - 4 - 4 - 4 = 8 Nope!

Cirri appears and huffs. "Well, that's one way out of Hell. Bah! I never figured out his Damage Resistance!"

"I guess I should look for Obtrivi... Hey Obtrivi!"


Spells -/6 | Greater Invisibility 3/3 | Alignment CG HP 43/43 | AC 23 (T 16 FF 19) | Saves 8/6/9 | Perception +11 | Init +3 | Riddywhipple, Faerie Dragon familiar (Master) |

Spellcraft: 1d20 + 13 - 4 - 4 ⇒ (7) + 13 - 4 - 4 = 12

Cirri? Riddywhipple telepathically speaks out. No response.

UMD: 1d20 + 15 - 4 - 4 ⇒ (19) + 15 - 4 - 4 = 26
CLW: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9

Riddywhipple makes the best of it and tries to heal Nella.
Well Nella. Today, you get a friendly pseudodragon. Please help me find miss Cirri when this is all over. Hell is quite annoying.

Silver Crusade

HP: 67/67 l AC: 12, T 12, FF 10 l CMD 18 l F +10, R +6, W +12 l Adoration (7/7), Channel Energy (5/5), Clarifying Channel (1/1), Inspired (1/1), Resistant Touch (7/7) l L1: 5/5, D1: 1/1, L2: 4/4, D2: 1/1, L3: 4/4, D3: 1/1, L4: 3/3, D4: 1/1 l Init +6 l Senses: Perception +4
Skills:
Craft: Musical Instruments +11, Diplomacy +13, Heal +11, Kn. Arcana +5, Kn. History +6, Kn. Planes +8, Kn. Religion +12, Linguistics +7, Sense Motive +11, Spellcraft +5
Female NG Human Cleric (Ecclesitheurge) 8 l Active Conditions:

"Uhm...okay, this is getting ugly..." Nella remarks, looking a little paler as Cirri also vanishes from the battlefield. Hoping to buy some time, she begins another spell...

Spell Resistance + Spell Pen: 1d20 + 7 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 7 + 2 = 26

...and maybe manages to do it! A ghostly glaive forms near the laughing devil and attempts to strike!

Spiritual Weapon: 1d20 + 5 + 4 ⇒ (12) + 5 + 4 = 21
Damage: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3

Grand Lodge

Curse of the Crimson Throne | Gallows of Madness

Cirri vanishes, and Riddywhipple senses she's gone. Somewhere.

The faerie dragon makes the best of the tragic situation, using his wand to heal some of Nella's wounds.

Nella manages to overcome Leventi's spell resistance, but the devil dodges the summoned glaive.

Map & Images

Conditions:
Tattooed - Affected creatures suffer a penalty (= # of tattoos) to saves vs Leventi's spell-like abilities.
Pain - Affected creatures suffer a -4 penalty on attack rolls, skill checks, and ability checks.
Haste
Inspire Courage - +3 competence bonus to attacks/damage, +3 morale bonus to saves vs fear and charm effects.

Round 5
Bold
may act.

Leventi (-114)
---
Riddywhipple (invisible, Tattoo penalty -4, pain penalty -4, planar penalty -4)
Nella (-20; Tattoo penalty -1, planar penalty -4)
Alexander (heroism, resist energy (fire) 20, pain penalty -4, planar penalty -2)
Erlathan (Tattoo penalty -2, planar penalty -4)
Zarta
Alden (-35; Tattoo penalty -1, pain penalty -4, planar penalty -2)

Alexander, Erlathan, and Alden, you're up!

Sovereign Court

CG Elf Arcanist 8 | HP: 58/58 | AC: 13 (T: 13, F: 10) | CMB: +3, CMD: 16 | F: +5, R: +6, W: +8 | Init: +9 | Perc: +11 | Speed 30 | Arcane Reservoir remaining: 7/11 | Low-light vision | Reroll | Conditions: Sickened

"Hey Cirri, where did you.. Oh.. Not again.." Erlathan looks on in horror. He was a little too close to Leventi for comfort, but he hadn't been in this situation before. Things were dire. The elf showed bravery despite his usual antics.

And so he chewed up another dragon scale and exhaled a big breath of lightning, hoping to overcome Leventi's resistance this time...

SR: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (16) + 10 = 26
Dragon's Breath (lightning): 10d6 + 4 ⇒ (4, 3, 5, 3, 3, 6, 4, 4, 6, 1) + 4 = 43
DC 21 for half

Dark Archive

PFS #76925-14 LN Male Human Fighter (Weapon Master) 6 / HellKnight 2 HP: 82/82| AC: 22/12/21 | Fort: +9| Ref: +5| Will: +5| Init: +1| Perc: +9| CMB: +8 +6 Vs Disarm| CMD: 20 +3 vs Disarm| Ada.H.Flail: +16;1d10+11| Longbow:+9;1d8| Reliable Strike 1/day
Skills:
Acrobatics:+1| Appraise:+2| Bluff:+1| Climb:-2| Diplo:+2| Inti: +9| Kn.(Dun/Eng/Loc/Pla/Reli): +10| Kn.(Noble/His): +3| Linguis:+4| Sense Motive: +9| Stealth: -4| Survival: +6| Swim: +3|

Attack!!!!
pain penalty -4, planar penalty -2, combat expertise -1 due to Threatening Defender for +2 dodge AC, haste +1, Inspire Courage - +3 competence bonus to attacks/damage.
Flail (1) 1d20 + 16 - 4 - 2 - 1 + 1 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 16 - 4 - 2 - 1 + 1 + 3 = 161d10 + 11 + 3 ⇒ (10) + 11 + 3 = 24
Flail (1), reliable Strike 1d20 + 16 - 4 - 2 - 1 + 1 + 3 ⇒ (17) + 16 - 4 - 2 - 1 + 1 + 3 = 30
Flail (2, hasted) 1d20 + 16 - 4 - 2 - 1 + 1 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 16 - 4 - 2 - 1 + 1 + 3 = 171d10 + 11 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 11 + 3 = 21
Flail (2, hasted, reroll) 1d20 + 16 - 4 - 2 - 1 + 1 + 3 ⇒ (14) + 16 - 4 - 2 - 1 + 1 + 3 = 27
Flail (3) 1d20 + 16 - 4 - 2 - 1 + 1 + 3 ⇒ (17) + 16 - 4 - 2 - 1 + 1 + 3 = 301d10 + 11 + 3 ⇒ (10) + 11 + 3 = 24
Rerolls used as well as reliable strike....
He just sent two of our hardest hitters away. -_-"

"Have at thee!" Alden roars as he swings his flail hard against Leventi.
"For my companions you have struck down! For those you have cheated of their rightful dues."

Grand Lodge

Curse of the Crimson Throne | Gallows of Madness

GM Screen:
Leventi Reflex DC21: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (5) + 15 = 20

Leventi sees the elf pop another breath mint, take a deep breath, and then exhale.

His first reaction, as you'd expect, is a confident shrug and a gleeful chuckle.

But when Erlathan's blue dragon breath passes through his formidable defenses, his only sound is a wailing, sobbing cry.

Alden beats Leventi's lifeless body to an infernal pulp, ensuring Hell's justice includes a vital cautionary message for any other of its servants reckless enough to break its Laws.

Victory!!!!

The Wounded
Nella (-20)
Alden (-35)

Another post follows...

Grand Lodge

Curse of the Crimson Throne | Gallows of Madness

The lingering servant souls wander confusedly, suddenly free and no longer compelled to keep Leventi's sanctum spotless.

You search the contract devil's bloody remains.

Leventi carried an angelskin handy haversack that contains eight legal texts written in a variety of languages (including several completely unknown to Golarion), a handful of semiprecious gems he used to bribe mortals as needed, and several wrapped parcels protecting the pieces of a suit of infernal armor. (This functions as demon armor but resembles a cornugon and inflicts poison with its claw attacks rather than contagion.)

The contracts bear the signatures of prominent Inner Sea families and represent potential blackmail material.

Still inside the jar that rolled out of Leventi's angelskin handy haversack, Gellius recognizes Zarta's ancestry. "You're a Davian!" the head exclaims with a smile. "Give me my freedom!"

Sense Motive DC20:
Gellius's scheming smile conceals reminiscences about a brief fling with one Rufino Davian.

Zarta pockets the jar and contracts, saying, "All in due time."

She points at the sin scroll portal leading back to the entry hall. "We've got what we came for. Let's go."

Another post follows...

Grand Lodge

Curse of the Crimson Throne | Gallows of Madness

Back in the entrance hall, Vetrivides looks at your reduced numbers and bedraggled appearance, sodden with the blood of friends and foe.

"Ah, success then. Leventi is destroyed," the osyluth nods. "Your performance has been satisfactory, mortals."

"Our business is concluded," Vetrivides announces. "You can return home at your leisure. However, I recommend not lingering, for I no longer protect you from any enterprising devils’ schemes or attacks during the remainder of your time in Dis."

"Ready to get the Hell out of here?" Zarta asks. It's clear the venture-captain ready to go.

Dark Archive

PFS #76925-14 LN Male Human Fighter (Weapon Master) 6 / HellKnight 2 HP: 82/82| AC: 22/12/21 | Fort: +9| Ref: +5| Will: +5| Init: +1| Perc: +9| CMB: +8 +6 Vs Disarm| CMD: 20 +3 vs Disarm| Ada.H.Flail: +16;1d10+11| Longbow:+9;1d8| Reliable Strike 1/day
Skills:
Acrobatics:+1| Appraise:+2| Bluff:+1| Climb:-2| Diplo:+2| Inti: +9| Kn.(Dun/Eng/Loc/Pla/Reli): +10| Kn.(Noble/His): +3| Linguis:+4| Sense Motive: +9| Stealth: -4| Survival: +6| Swim: +3|

Sense Motive 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (16) + 9 = 25

Alden notes the expression on Gellius but says not a word.

"I'm ready to leave, Milady Zarta. Justice has being accomplished. I admit to being worried on the states of our companions whisked away by his magics."

Silver Crusade

HP: 67/67 l AC: 12, T 12, FF 10 l CMD 18 l F +10, R +6, W +12 l Adoration (7/7), Channel Energy (5/5), Clarifying Channel (1/1), Inspired (1/1), Resistant Touch (7/7) l L1: 5/5, D1: 1/1, L2: 4/4, D2: 1/1, L3: 4/4, D3: 1/1, L4: 3/3, D4: 1/1 l Init +6 l Senses: Perception +4
Skills:
Craft: Musical Instruments +11, Diplomacy +13, Heal +11, Kn. Arcana +5, Kn. History +6, Kn. Planes +8, Kn. Religion +12, Linguistics +7, Sense Motive +11, Spellcraft +5
Female NG Human Cleric (Ecclesitheurge) 8 l Active Conditions:

Sense Motive (DC 20): 1d20 + 11 - 4 ⇒ (5) + 11 - 4 = 12

"Yes, let's look at getting back home," Nella agrees. "There's not really anything else we can do about Cirri and Obtrivi except hope that they didn't get dropped into the ocean or something back home."

Not wanting to mention their business with Rowane within earshot of Vetrivides, she adds, "But we should go say goodbye to Artinean first."

Once they've put a bit of distance between themselves and Vetrivides and any other prying ears, Nella leans in close and whispers, "We should take those papers back to Rowane; they're what she wanted, right? And I'd rather not have a bounty on my head or soul for breaking a deal with someone like her."

Dark Archive

M Human- Chelaxian LN Inquisitor-8 (Sanctified Slayer of Asmodeus), HP 67, AC 23 (touch 12, ff 21), Init +4. Fort +9, Ref +5, Will +9.

"Time to go... but I will be back, even if it is for a romantic interlude!"

Alexander chuckles.

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 16 - 2 ⇒ (6) + 16 - 2 = 20


Spells -/6 | Greater Invisibility 3/3 | Alignment CG HP 43/43 | AC 23 (T 16 FF 19) | Saves 8/6/9 | Perception +11 | Init +3 | Riddywhipple, Faerie Dragon familiar (Master) |

"Well, that's one way to do it. Good show." Riddywhipple eventually pops out of invisibility and claps.

Sense Motive, CG, Pain: 1d20 + 8 - 4 - 4 ⇒ (3) + 8 - 4 - 4 = 3

Riddywhipple stays quiet as the head speaks. "Maybe we can do this soul reuniting stuff when we get home. I'm worried about Cirri."

Grand Lodge

Cirri's Familiar | Spells -/6/5/4/2 | Arcane Pool 11/11 | Flight Hex minutes 10/10 | GM Folio Reroll +2 | HP 86/86 | AC 21, T 12, FF 20 | Saves 11/6/8 | CMD 23 (25 vs trip) | Perception +7 | Init +1 | Female Human Magus 10 | Alignment NG |Ward not set

After finding Obtrivi can I RP that? Cirri returns to Skyreach.

She walks around the portal entrance impatiently. "I should have used a harpy form. But gargoyles felt more appropriate. Hmm."

"I hope Riddy is okay. And everyone else, too. All I can do is wait..."

Dark Archive

PFS #76925-14 LN Male Human Fighter (Weapon Master) 6 / HellKnight 2 HP: 82/82| AC: 22/12/21 | Fort: +9| Ref: +5| Will: +5| Init: +1| Perc: +9| CMB: +8 +6 Vs Disarm| CMD: 20 +3 vs Disarm| Ada.H.Flail: +16;1d10+11| Longbow:+9;1d8| Reliable Strike 1/day
Skills:
Acrobatics:+1| Appraise:+2| Bluff:+1| Climb:-2| Diplo:+2| Inti: +9| Kn.(Dun/Eng/Loc/Pla/Reli): +10| Kn.(Noble/His): +3| Linguis:+4| Sense Motive: +9| Stealth: -4| Survival: +6| Swim: +3|

"Then Milady Zarta, allow us to finish this business with Rowane. It would be ill of us to dispatch an oathbreaker and be one ourselves." Alden makes his request directly to Zarta.

"My thanks Nella for that timely reminder." he gives a formal bow to the cleric.

Grand Lodge

Curse of the Crimson Throne | Gallows of Madness

Skyreach

Cirri and Obtrivi are relieved to eventually find one another on their way to the Dark Archive. They make themselves comfortable in Venture-Captain Zarta Dralneen's sitting room, waiting to learn the fate of the rest of the team and their mission in Dis.

Two of Zarta's pet initiates, a young man and woman in matching and impeccably tailored black leather and crimson lace, enter the room carrying serving trays, offering the Pathfinders a selection of hors d'oeuvres and prosecco.

Grand Lodge

Cirri's Familiar | Spells -/6/5/4/2 | Arcane Pool 11/11 | Flight Hex minutes 10/10 | GM Folio Reroll +2 | HP 86/86 | AC 21, T 12, FF 20 | Saves 11/6/8 | CMD 23 (25 vs trip) | Perception +7 | Init +1 | Female Human Magus 10 | Alignment NG |Ward not set

"Any Earl Grey tea?" Cirri kicks back.

Grand Lodge

Curse of the Crimson Throne | Gallows of Madness

Dis, in the Plane of Hell

The imp guide Artylget leads the surviving team members and their venture-captain to Eleusys for a final meeting with Rowane at the Palace of Erecura, Queen of Dis.

While you're no longer under Vetrivides's protection, the badges the norn gave you make every denizen of Hell give you a wide, deferential berth.

The palace of the Queen of Dis sprawls expansively in the shadow of the Iron Scepter, a haven of darkly beautiful foliage amid iron and flame. Beyond gates of intricately woven branches, floating forested terraces orbit the grounds, sending cataracts of spring water into the tree line below. Groves and structures seem to shift subtly as if the ground were some slumbering behemoth, and smaller infernal beasts prowl the treetop terraces and soaring bridges between wings of the palace. The plaza before Eleusys still brims with petitioners, devils, and visitors to Dis queueing for an audience with Erecura or her handmaidens: the norns Felixia, Rowane, and Selieste.

You ignore the petitioners and enter the palace, the imposing infernal security guards waving you through, when they spot your official badges.

Wide corridors through darkly beautiful foliage wander far enough from the iron streets of the city to be insulated from the omnipresent noise and heat. Your return journey concludes at the three-tiered gallery displaying armor, weapons, relics, and framed woven swatches, all built around a wide-branched blackwood tree with leaves of gold.

The 14-foot tall, black-haired Rowane rises in greeting, gesturing toward seats around an intricately carved oaken table.

"It seems Leventi thinned your ranks." The beautiful and terrifying norn surveys the group. "Yet here you are. Surely, you would not have returned unless you had something for me?"

Silver Crusade

HP: 67/67 l AC: 12, T 12, FF 10 l CMD 18 l F +10, R +6, W +12 l Adoration (7/7), Channel Energy (5/5), Clarifying Channel (1/1), Inspired (1/1), Resistant Touch (7/7) l L1: 5/5, D1: 1/1, L2: 4/4, D2: 1/1, L3: 4/4, D3: 1/1, L4: 3/3, D4: 1/1 l Init +6 l Senses: Perception +4
Skills:
Craft: Musical Instruments +11, Diplomacy +13, Heal +11, Kn. Arcana +5, Kn. History +6, Kn. Planes +8, Kn. Religion +12, Linguistics +7, Sense Motive +11, Spellcraft +5
Female NG Human Cleric (Ecclesitheurge) 8 l Active Conditions:

"Yeah, a couple of us got sent home a little sooner than planned but thankfully it wasn't anything worse than that," Nella explains. "We found these contracts that we think you might be interested in."

She carefully pulls all of the legal documents out to show them to Rowane. "Not sure what's in all of them; we didn't really take the time to try reading them. And a few are in some languages I don't think any of us have ever seen or heard of, either. But hopefully they'll be of use to you and serve sufficiently as our half of the deal we made."

Grand Lodge

Curse of the Crimson Throne | Gallows of Madness

Rowane takes the documents from Nella. She flips through them casually, her brilliant mind absorbing them, much like a lesser person might draw breath.

"Yes. This will please my queen."

Knowledge (nobility) or Sense Motive DC33:
You recognize that by ensuring Hell meets its obligations, Dispater avoids embarrassment, Erecura would strengthen her own reputation in Dis, and the infernal duke responsible for Leventi would suffer a setback.

The norn gives you the gift of her smile, full of simultaneous sensual promise and eternal torment. "Alden Darkcrown and Alexander Divyr Incostas, I would speak with you a moment in private."

She pulls the two men into a dimly lit room beyond a onyx-beaded curtain.

Alden & Alexander:
"Hellknights, you have served our interests well. Would you consider forsaking your present and rather aloof infernal patron and accept the more intimate patronage of Erecura, Queen of Dis? You would, of course, be working directly for me, her most ardent and trusted adviser. The rewards for your service, I'll leave to your fertile imagination."

After some time, the trio return.

Rowane reaches down to shake your hands. "Thank you, Pathfinders. Who knows, perhaps we will meet again one day."

"Imp!" Rowane commands in an imperious voice. "Escort these mortals to the gates of Dis, and when they're ready to depart, retrieve their badges and return them to me."

Artylget snaps to attention and salutes, "Yes, Mistress. Your humble servant hears and obeys."

Dark Archive

M Human- Chelaxian LN Inquisitor-8 (Sanctified Slayer of Asmodeus), HP 67, AC 23 (touch 12, ff 21), Init +4. Fort +9, Ref +5, Will +9.

While Alexander is tempted by the offer both spiritually and temporally, he refuses.

"I am honored that you would ask such a request from a mere mortal such as myself... I fear that my loyalty to the Dark Lord must remain intact as it were for the remainder of my existence- but Rowane, know this, if I can ever be of assistance to you or the Queen of Dis, without otherwise violating my sworn oaths...you will have my aid."

As they are walking to the gates of Dis Alexander turns to Alden, "Rowane's offer was tempting...was it not? Too bad really, I kind of liked the Norn and would work for her in the future, but if the Queen of Dis believes that she can unseat the Dark Lord... well that is something that would NEVER happen."

As they get ready to return back to material plane Alexander turns to Nella and smiles...

"You are an interesting woman Nella... I am sure we will be meeting again...sooner than later."

Dark Archive

PFS #76925-14 LN Male Human Fighter (Weapon Master) 6 / HellKnight 2 HP: 82/82| AC: 22/12/21 | Fort: +9| Ref: +5| Will: +5| Init: +1| Perc: +9| CMB: +8 +6 Vs Disarm| CMD: 20 +3 vs Disarm| Ada.H.Flail: +16;1d10+11| Longbow:+9;1d8| Reliable Strike 1/day
Skills:
Acrobatics:+1| Appraise:+2| Bluff:+1| Climb:-2| Diplo:+2| Inti: +9| Kn.(Dun/Eng/Loc/Pla/Reli): +10| Kn.(Noble/His): +3| Linguis:+4| Sense Motive: +9| Stealth: -4| Survival: +6| Swim: +3|

"I thank you for the honor shown to me but I must politely decline your kind invitation as I am already foresworn. A hellknight must hold to the oath made and not break its sacred trust. While my patron may not see eye to eye on things beyond my ken but I can aid where it does not imfringe on my oaths or be against them." Alden bows as he finishes his speech.

As they are dismissed, Alden turns to the man.
"Tempting as it is. Oaths sworn are Oaths to be kept lest we might end like the unfortunate knights caught in a cycle of betrayal. Our lord is powerful and it'll take more then the Queen of Dis to match a fraction of his might."

Grand Lodge

Curse of the Crimson Throne | Gallows of Madness

With Zarta's help, Artylget leads you through the maze of streets and alleys of Dis to the spot where you entered Hell. Zarta checks the series of rods she'd placed around the portal. "Excellent. The concealment of the portal kept anyone from accidentally wandering through. Ready?"

Mindful of Rowane’s instructions, the imp collects your pins bearing Erecura’s symbol, a halo of runes.

"So, Erlathan. You've got some skills. Noticed you practice the arcane arts, em, solo-like." Artylget shifts his weight from one foot to another, a little embarrassed. "You lookin' for a partner? 'Cause, like I said, since the unfortunate passing of Zarkimon the Omnipotent, I'm kind of between jobs."

"Guess I'm just sayin', you need a familiar, I'm available." The imp gives Erlathan a hopeful look, almost sorry to see their association nearing an end.

Sovereign Court

CG Elf Arcanist 8 | HP: 58/58 | AC: 13 (T: 13, F: 10) | CMB: +3, CMD: 16 | F: +5, R: +6, W: +8 | Init: +9 | Perc: +11 | Speed 30 | Arcane Reservoir remaining: 7/11 | Low-light vision | Reroll | Conditions: Sickened

Erlathan looks at the imp suspiciously. "You think you can make me even more powerful? I mean, a familiar could always help, and an imp does fit my appearance well..." The elf flips through his spell book and considers what spells might be easier-to-deliver with the help of a minion to do so. "Ah, yes. I think this just might work, Artylget. First thing's first, though. You need a name I can more fluidly pronounce during my arcane incantations, so Art it is."

Silver Crusade

HP: 67/67 l AC: 12, T 12, FF 10 l CMD 18 l F +10, R +6, W +12 l Adoration (7/7), Channel Energy (5/5), Clarifying Channel (1/1), Inspired (1/1), Resistant Touch (7/7) l L1: 5/5, D1: 1/1, L2: 4/4, D2: 1/1, L3: 4/4, D3: 1/1, L4: 3/3, D4: 1/1 l Init +6 l Senses: Perception +4
Skills:
Craft: Musical Instruments +11, Diplomacy +13, Heal +11, Kn. Arcana +5, Kn. History +6, Kn. Planes +8, Kn. Religion +12, Linguistics +7, Sense Motive +11, Spellcraft +5
Female NG Human Cleric (Ecclesitheurge) 8 l Active Conditions:

"I can't quite tell if that sounds more like a promise or a threat," Nella replies to Alexander as they reach the portal and prepare to return home, though she seems more surprised by the remark than anything. She hesitates for a moment and then adds, "Working with you wasn't entirely unpleasant, even if I think your taste in gods and 'women' needs some serious improvement. And we did what we came here to do and more besides. So I'd say you're probably right."

She looks mildly concerned as Erlathan agrees to take the imp on as his familiar but simply shakes her head.

Erlathan's going to do whatever strikes his fancy at a given time. But maybe he can be a good influence on Artylget instead of the other way around.

Grand Lodge

2 people marked this as a favorite.
Curse of the Crimson Throne | Gallows of Madness

Artylget seems pleased with the promise of a future job prospect, though he bristles at the casual dismissal of the name his mother gave him.

The imp takes a deep drag on his Gauloise and exhales a brimstone-smelling, horned smoke ring. ”Tell you what, let’s try working together on a case-by-case basis for a while first. Any time you summon one of my kind, I’ll make sure Rowane gives the job to me.”

He flicks the butt to the paving stones and stubs it out with his bare heel. ”If it works out, I’ll have my barrister—I know a guy who knows a guy—draft up a more permanent contact. I’ll have my people get with your people and begin the negotiations.”

Grand Lodge

Ifirit Unchained Barbarian 3/ Fighter 2/Techslinger 1/ Horizon Walker 4: HP 101/101 AC21 FF18 T13 Int +9 (+4 in Urban/Desert +2 in )Fort 15 Reflex 9 Will 3/ FireR 10/ Aligned CG

Obtrivi sips the tea gingerly, the teacup like a pebble in his massive hands.

Taste good. He rumbles, clearly still sulking about his lost chance at battle.

Grand Lodge

Curse of the Crimson Throne | Gallows of Madness

Gellius Thrune secured and Leventi dealt with, you make your way back through the hellmouth and travel back to Skyreach.

Zarta insists you all head directly to her offices in the Dark Archive. You find Obrtrivi and Cirri awaiting your return in the venture-captain's sitting room, hale and hearty, curious about what transpired after Leventi ejected them from the Plane of Hell.

After giving you a few moments to catch up, Zarta retrieves the soul jar from her Pathfinder pouch and consults with Gellius’s trapped soul. "Best take care of this business, using the melancholic talisman to permanently shut down the portal."

The talisman briefly flares as Zarta closes the hellmouth.

The infernal scents fade slowly as Gellius Thrune’s bound soul bobs approvingly. "Closed as promised, Lady Davian."

Zarta winces slightly.

"Of course, I cannot promise perfect control in this state…" The disembodied head nods within its glass prison. "But before we quibble over terms, let me speak plainly, for I see in you the same need that has consumed me for centuries: revenge against House Thrune."

The fragments of information you've gathered while in Dis finally fall into place, revealing Gellius Thrune’s motivation. His bitterness over his family abandoning him to burn in Hell, after what he considers his noble sacrifice saving the family from (his) fraud, has festered into full hatred, which Leventi fed with stories of Thrune agents who received better treatment.

"Zarta Davian," Gellius offers, "I will aid leveraging your Davian lineage to strike at Thrune, using my knowledge of the foundations of House Thrune and its secrets to weaken and wound them."

Zarta twirls the point of a blade on Gellius’ infernal contract as she contemplates his offer. "I admit I’ve yearned for this: a chance to slide the knife in, slow and deep, and see those who betrayed me twist on it. Not only did Thrune betray me, but I’ve known for only a few years that they were also responsible for the deaths and erasure of my ancestors, House Davian."

She regards each of you with a thoughtful, searching gaze. "However, as I look at you, my treasures, the choice is less clear. I have made a home here, with those who risked their souls to rescue me. Undermining Thrune and restoring Davian would mean leaving this behind, resigning my position, so that Thrune’s reprisals would not target the Society."

She smiles. "So please, tell me how you can’t bear to be without me or how my absence would only stoke your ardor."

"Sincerely," Zarta emphasizes, "I look to you Pathfinders for advice in this momentous decision. Feel free to discuss and individually recommend which path I should pursue. If I pursue revenge and the resurgence of House Davian, I would need to leave the Pathfinder Society. If I choose to remain with the Pathfinder Society, I would likely continue my work with the Dark Archive, while somehow making peace with my past."

(Everyone, please indicate your recommendation to Zarta: Pursue revenge and restore House Davian, or remain in the Pathfinder Society.)

Grand Lodge

Ifirit Unchained Barbarian 3/ Fighter 2/Techslinger 1/ Horizon Walker 4: HP 101/101 AC21 FF18 T13 Int +9 (+4 in Urban/Desert +2 in )Fort 15 Reflex 9 Will 3/ FireR 10/ Aligned CG

Obtrivi gets the biggest, saddest pouty face on his smushed face.

Pretty Zarta Go?! No Pretty Zarta no go! He steps up and hugs the beautiful leader, surprisingly tenderly. Her outfit barely even wrinkling from his massive arms he kneels to look at her.

Pretty Please Zarta? Obtrivi no want to lose Fwiends!

Obtrivi wants her to stay! Poor lummox... probably be better if she got her revenge, but fwiends come first to obtrivi!

Dark Archive

M Human- Chelaxian LN Inquisitor-8 (Sanctified Slayer of Asmodeus), HP 67, AC 23 (touch 12, ff 21), Init +4. Fort +9, Ref +5, Will +9.

Alexander shows nothing but his deepest respect for Zarta.

"You must avenge yourself and your family. You owe all of Cheliax to see the ruin of House Thrune... perhaps your rule will be more just and advantageous to the common folk of the realm."

Alexander bows before Zarta.

"Lady, if you would undertake the destruction of House Thrune... I will loyally serve you with every breath of my body... even in death I would ask to be returned to serve you from beyond the grave... this is my oath."

551 to 600 of 608 << first < prev | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Lorenzo's #10-08: What Prestige is Worth (Tiers 7-11) - OUTPOST II All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.