[Outpost II] GM Silbeg's 10-04 Reaver's Roar (Inactive)

Game Master Silbeg

Maps and Handouts
Reaver's Roar Hangout
Turn to progress 3 April 2019, 11:00 CDT (UTC-5)


51 to 100 of 407 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | next > last >>
Grand Lodge

active effects:
Female half orc Cleric (separatist) 10 | AC 21 T 13 FF 19 | CMD 23 | HP 89/89| F +15 R +10 W +17 | Init +2 (4) | Perc +9 darkvision 60'

Nana thoroughly enjoys the boat ride, teaching bawdy shanties to the crew and passengers whilst encouraging 'good relations.' "Aeris gets to be cabin boy on the way home Bo, you wasn't very good at followin' Captain's orders!"

Along the way, Nana casts a Divination to ask the Holy Mama what her quest will hold. Will deduct cost of Incense for material component.

Upon arrival, Nana takes one of the red ribbons from a building and ties it into her hair. "Look Kernuffle, does you like my ribbons?"

The ape growls.

spells cast at start of 'adventuring day':
2 x monstrous extremities (one on Nana, one on Kernuffle, both granting hooves), 2 x magic vestment (one on Nana, one on Kernuffle), defending bone (a humanoid skull named George)

Silver Crusade

M Aasimar Shaman 8 | HP 93/83 | AC 26* T 13 FF 14* CMD 16 | F +7 R +6 W +14 | Init +7 | Perception +18 (Darkvision) | Spd 20

Horacio will spend a bit of time getting the lay of the local land.

diplomacy+assist: 1d20 + 16 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 16 + 2 = 20

Dark Archive

Burden of Envy | Shades of Ice

Bo Goh Twang:

Roslar’s Coffer was never large enough to be considered a proper town, but it suffered greatly after it was invaded by orcs more than a decade ago. The arrival of the red reaver helped drive the orcs away, but because many are unable to return to their old homes, the village now contains scarcely more than 400 people.

The Bastion was an important military stronghold and religious ritual site. The histories mention powerful rites performed on fallen crusaders within the Bastion, and some say the Sarenite clerics found a way to cleanse undeath from a corrupted soldier. The Bastion of Light was also notable for its intricate stained-glass windows depicting Sarenrae and her avatars. When Roslar’s Coffer was invaded by orcs, the Bastion was burned but, much to the amazement of the villagers, it remained standing. Out of fear of retribution from Sarenrae, the orcs left the great windows intact, and on most days the rising sun brightly illuminates the interior.

Horacio:

The village has seen many adventurers and soldiers of Lastwall come in hopes of making a trophy of the red reaver. There was even a group of crusaders that came through town some time ago, but after the group left the village for the Bastion, they were never seen again. The villagers offer to send letters to your loved ones should the heroes perish in the red reaver’s territory.

The red reaver has claimed the Bastion of Light and about 1 mile out into the surrounding area. The villagers that did not leave entirely have moved farther away from the reaver’s territory, leaving about a 1-mile buffer between the village and the edge of the reaver’s territory.

Now that you are in town, what do you want to do?

Grand Lodge

active effects:
Female half orc Cleric (separatist) 10 | AC 21 T 13 FF 19 | CMD 23 | HP 89/89| F +15 R +10 W +17 | Init +2 (4) | Perc +9 darkvision 60'

GM, does Nana's Divination spell provide any useful clues? Re-reading the spell, I see that I am supposed to ask "a question concerning a specific goal, event, or activity that is to occur within 1 week." Nana's question is "How do we best defeat the Red Reaver of Roslar's Coffer?" Nana has an 80% chance of getting a useful clue from the spell.

Dark Archive

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Burden of Envy | Shades of Ice

1d100 ⇒ 26

Nana:

You feel the pain of the “Holy Mama” when you ask such a question.
If you must despoil such a beautiful creature, you remove the taint of the Everflame from it.

Grand Lodge

Male NG Halfling Druid 11 | HP 80/80 | AC 22 T 13 FF 20 | CMB +12, CMD 23 | F: +12, R: +5, W: +13 | Init: +2 | Perc: +21, SM: +12 | Speed 30ft | Wild Shape: 5/5 11 hours | Spells: See Stat Block | Active conditions: Barkskin (110 minutes)

Rufeo rides through the streets on the back of Ki'lala. The duo get some stares, but the Halfling pays them no mind.

diplomacy: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (9) + 14 = 23

"So where were we supposed to meet our contact?"

Grand Lodge

HP: 68/68 | AC 29 (t: 22/ff: 26) |F:+14, R:+10, W:+16 | Init: +10 | Perception: +28 | Sense Motive: +26 Ki Pool: 9/10 | Bane: 6/6 Rounds | CMB +6; CMD 27 (24 FF) | Speed: 60'

I could write some way for Bo to convey all that background information. Let's just say I did, and that it was hilarious, and then everyone read the spoiler.

Grand Lodge

active effects:
Female half orc Cleric (separatist) 10 | AC 21 T 13 FF 19 | CMD 23 | HP 89/89| F +15 R +10 W +17 | Init +2 (4) | Perc +9 darkvision 60'

Earlier...

Nana reveals the results of her communion with the Holy Mama: "The Holy Mama says that to defeat the Red Reaver we must remove the taint of the Everflame from it. She says it is a beautiful creature and she doesn't want us to kill it!"

At Roslar's Coffer

"We has got to find out what the Everflame is. Maybe that other pathfinder knows?"

Dark Archive

Burden of Envy | Shades of Ice

DC15 Religion:
You realize that "Everflame" may be a play on The Dawnflower's titles, the Everlight and the Healing Flame.

Liberty's Edge

M Aasimar Warpriest of Milani 9 | HP 59 | AC 24 | T 17 | FF 18 AC 23 | T 17 | FF 17 | CMD 26 (27 vs grapple) | Fort +10 | Ref +12 | Will +12 | Init +7 | Perc +13

Knowledge (religion): 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (16) + 4 = 20

"The taint of the Everflame?" Aeris asks Nana, actually rubbing his chin in thought. "That's odd. That sounds like a play on The Dawnflower's titles, the Everlight and the Healing Flame. Could the Red Reaver somehow have been affected by Sarenrae's essence? But why would it be a taint? Perhaps that is just the view of your particular...faith, Nana?"

Grand Lodge

active effects:
Female half orc Cleric (separatist) 10 | AC 21 T 13 FF 19 | CMD 23 | HP 89/89| F +15 R +10 W +17 | Init +2 (4) | Perc +9 darkvision 60'

"Well then we has got to get that essences out of it! Poor little creature, doesn't want some flower's essences all over it! That's probably made it really cross and upset."

Silver Crusade

M Aasimar Shaman 8 | HP 93/83 | AC 26* T 13 FF 14* CMD 16 | F +7 R +6 W +14 | Init +7 | Perception +18 (Darkvision) | Spd 20

Horatio notes outloud "Whatever the solution it's clear to me that the beast is dangerous. When I asked about it the locals offers to take any final letters to loved ones before we encountered it. They seem to think it's territory extends about a mile beyond the Bastion."

Dark Archive

Burden of Envy | Shades of Ice

You do see several townspeople making their way around town that you could ask for directions, or the like. However, pretty much all of them point you to Gorm Greathammer, who is lodged at the Toothless Pike Inn.

The Toothless Pike is grey and quiet. A handful of patrons sit hunched over ales and ciders, waiting for plates of fish cakes frying in the kitchen. A dwarf sits at a long table near the fireplace, stacks of parchments, scrolls, and a great tome arranged neatly around him and a great, green cloak hung on the back of his chair.

“Pathfinders! I’m glad you’ve arrived. I received word from Ollysta that you’d be coming. I understand you’re on your way to the Bastion of Light. I don’t envy you. That red reaver is one hell of a brute, and you should all be very careful. It’s much larger than it should be, and while it isn’t smart, it has very keen senses. I’ll do what I can to help you, though. I’ve drawn a rough map based on a few records and accounts passed along by the villagers here.” “You’ll see that the helmet is likely in the font at the back of the Bastion. When you have it and the red reaver is defeated, please return it to me. I’ve done some research, and I think I might be able to learn something about the helmet’s original owner if I can examine it personally.

“Now, I’m certain that the red reaver has been affected by the healing font and that undoing that connection will weaken it, but I suspect a connection with some of the other ritual sites and artifacts in the Bastion as well. Once you make it inside, see what you can find. I’m sure there are still a few ritual sites from the Shining Crusade that can aid you, should you show the same qualities and behaviors as the folk the the Bastion was built for.”

Grand Lodge

active effects:
Female half orc Cleric (separatist) 10 | AC 21 T 13 FF 19 | CMD 23 | HP 89/89| F +15 R +10 W +17 | Init +2 (4) | Perc +9 darkvision 60'
Gorm Greathammer wrote:
...should you show the same qualities and behaviors as the folk the the Bastion was built for.

Oh, this'll be fun :o

"Oooh, who was the thingummy built for then? What was all the ritual stuff in there about?"

Liberty's Edge

M Aasimar Warpriest of Milani 9 | HP 59 | AC 24 | T 17 | FF 18 AC 23 | T 17 | FF 17 | CMD 26 (27 vs grapple) | Fort +10 | Ref +12 | Will +12 | Init +7 | Perc +13

”You say the reaver is much bigger than it should be,“ Aeris responds, after a quick greeting, ”that suggests you know what sort of creature it is. What can you tell us about it, and how best to defeat it?“

Grand Lodge

Male NG Halfling Druid 11 | HP 80/80 | AC 22 T 13 FF 20 | CMB +12, CMD 23 | F: +12, R: +5, W: +13 | Init: +2 | Perc: +21, SM: +12 | Speed 30ft | Wild Shape: 5/5 11 hours | Spells: See Stat Block | Active conditions: Barkskin (110 minutes)

"That must be part of the magic affecting it. It made it larger than other of its kind" Rufeo says, "I tend to do the same trick with Ki here." He pats the cat on it's flank.

Dark Archive

Burden of Envy | Shades of Ice

The dwarf nods at rufeo's explanation. "I am not much of an historian, you know. Not unless you count the history of the sky citadel Kraggodan. I am the third prince there, you know!"

He takes a deep swallow of his ale, and continues. "So, yeah, the place is a temple to Sarenrae, don't you know. Created by the Shining Crusade and all as a place of respite. Here, I have a map and everything!"

He hands you a map. (see slide #3)

I still need the macros set up for Rufeo and Ki'lala before we can move on.

Grand Lodge

Male NG Halfling Druid 11 | HP 80/80 | AC 22 T 13 FF 20 | CMB +12, CMD 23 | F: +12, R: +5, W: +13 | Init: +2 | Perc: +21, SM: +12 | Speed 30ft | Wild Shape: 5/5 11 hours | Spells: See Stat Block | Active conditions: Barkskin (110 minutes)

Done

Silver Crusade

M Aasimar Shaman 8 | HP 93/83 | AC 26* T 13 FF 14* CMD 16 | F +7 R +6 W +14 | Init +7 | Perception +18 (Darkvision) | Spd 20

Horacio looks over the map "Seems simple enough, can you tell us where the stairs go. I can't tell if they are up or down from this map."

Liberty's Edge

M Aasimar Warpriest of Milani 9 | HP 59 | AC 24 | T 17 | FF 18 AC 23 | T 17 | FF 17 | CMD 26 (27 vs grapple) | Fort +10 | Ref +12 | Will +12 | Init +7 | Perc +13

DM - on my question about it being larger than its kind - I wasn’t really asking why it was larger, I was asking if he knows what the kind was - does he know what the heck the reaver is?

Studying the map a moment, Aeris remarks, ”Always amazes me how they put so few windows in a place like this, how can you see who’s coming? Or shoot arrows at them, right, Bo? “

Dark Archive

Burden of Envy | Shades of Ice

”From what I recall, they go down to the darker markings. ” says the dwarf. ”Usual style map marking, you know. ”

ready to go?

you may make any last minute purchases here

Grand Lodge

HP: 68/68 | AC 29 (t: 22/ff: 26) |F:+14, R:+10, W:+16 | Init: +10 | Perception: +28 | Sense Motive: +26 Ki Pool: 9/10 | Bane: 6/6 Rounds | CMB +6; CMD 27 (24 FF) | Speed: 60'

The monk considers Aeris' question before offering the following, "Windows in any temple are not to see the faithless on the outside from within, they allow the faithful to be seen from without."

No purchases.

Liberty's Edge

M Aasimar Warpriest of Milani 9 | HP 59 | AC 24 | T 17 | FF 18 AC 23 | T 17 | FF 17 | CMD 26 (27 vs grapple) | Fort +10 | Ref +12 | Will +12 | Init +7 | Perc +13

Aeris gives a slight shake of his head and a quiet chuckle at Bo’s response, offering his own view in return, ”Seems to me like there’s lots of ways to worship, and I’ll tell ya, the church of Miliani likes a window on what others are doing. You let a monarch or magnate work unobserved, they’ll only start oppressing their people all the faster. But we can talk about this another time, when we don’t have a reaver to sort out.“

Ready to go!

Grand Lodge

active effects:
Female half orc Cleric (separatist) 10 | AC 21 T 13 FF 19 | CMD 23 | HP 89/89| F +15 R +10 W +17 | Init +2 (4) | Perc +9 darkvision 60'

"I knows lots of ways, Aeris." Nana smiles knowingly at the aasimar. Nana doesn't know much, but she does know the myriad ways to worship her goddess of motherhood and childbirth.

"I is ready to go."

No additional purchases.

Grand Lodge

Male NG Halfling Druid 11 | HP 80/80 | AC 22 T 13 FF 20 | CMB +12, CMD 23 | F: +12, R: +5, W: +13 | Init: +2 | Perc: +21, SM: +12 | Speed 30ft | Wild Shape: 5/5 11 hours | Spells: See Stat Block | Active conditions: Barkskin (110 minutes)

Rufeo nods, "Ready"

Dark Archive

Burden of Envy | Shades of Ice

Horatio Survival: 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (16) + 17 = 33
You leave the village and enter the buffer zone between it and the red reaver’s claimed territory. The trees in this area are marked with red cloth tied into the branches, and small shrines have been built by some villagers along the road. The houses here have been stripped, some to the foundations, likely by the villagers hoping to use the materials to reconstruct their homes and shops in a safer area.

Horatio notices tracks leading from the village towards the Bastion. The tracks appear to be made by orcs.

The area is eerily quiet. No sound of insects or birds can be heard. The houses here have begun to rot, and the forest is slowly reclaiming the paths and road. Moss grows on the sides of leaning houses, vines snake across, through, and under the cobblestones. Here and there long abandoned crates and barrels sprawl, cracked open like eggs. The scene would be almost beautiful were it not for the remains of villagers and would-be heroes scattered amongst the ruins.

A mangled corpse hangs from the branches of a nearby tree, draped over two of the larger boughs. The body is clad in frayed leather armor, and its rotted innards spill down the length of the tree trunk. Somewhere ahead, the clang of metal and the stamping of feet echo through the woods.

Ahead, you see a fearsome sight. A huge creature with red skin, multiple pairs of eyes, and a pair of tiny wings is tearing apart a group of orcs. It grabs the last remaining orc warrior, and tear it in half as if it were a paper doll.

What do you do? You do not think that it has seen you yet.
Note that any hostile action will start initiative, and that as it is in combat, it will not be surprised.
[dice=DC20 Survival or Geography]
It is not in the way of the path to the Bastion[/spoiler]

Grand Lodge

Male NG Halfling Druid 11 | HP 80/80 | AC 22 T 13 FF 20 | CMB +12, CMD 23 | F: +12, R: +5, W: +13 | Init: +2 | Perc: +21, SM: +12 | Speed 30ft | Wild Shape: 5/5 11 hours | Spells: See Stat Block | Active conditions: Barkskin (110 minutes)

Can not fail the survival check

Rufeo sees the carnage and guides Ki'lala to turn and head away from the beast.

"The bastion is this way anyway"

Grand Lodge

HP: 68/68 | AC 29 (t: 22/ff: 26) |F:+14, R:+10, W:+16 | Init: +10 | Perception: +28 | Sense Motive: +26 Ki Pool: 9/10 | Bane: 6/6 Rounds | CMB +6; CMD 27 (24 FF) | Speed: 60'

Survival: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (1) + 10 = 11

"It would the path takes us directly to the creature."

Liberty's Edge

M Aasimar Warpriest of Milani 9 | HP 59 | AC 24 | T 17 | FF 18 AC 23 | T 17 | FF 17 | CMD 26 (27 vs grapple) | Fort +10 | Ref +12 | Will +12 | Init +7 | Perc +13

DM - Any sort of Knowledge check we can make to ID the fearsome creature shredding the orcs?

Grand Lodge

Male Half-Orc Brawler 10

Alas, poor stormtrooper orcs.

"That's a nasty beast alright!" Truk says at the gruesome sight."Everyone follow Rufeo!"

Silver Crusade

M Aasimar Shaman 8 | HP 93/83 | AC 26* T 13 FF 14* CMD 16 | F +7 R +6 W +14 | Init +7 | Perception +18 (Darkvision) | Spd 20

Horacio nods "Come, to the Bastion, we need to sever it's divine connection first."

Dark Archive

Burden of Envy | Shades of Ice

knowledge arcana to ID

Dark Archive

Burden of Envy | Shades of Ice

The next part is a reverse group chase. I am going to list out the skills for each, I would like you all to post your checks. Once everyone has posted all their checks, we will continue.

Tangled Up Doom (Reflex or Acrobatics) The orcs rush past the PCs, attempting to slow them by tossing their nets on the PCs. The PCs can avoid the nets or throw them back to slow the orcs down.

Don't Look back (Acrobatics or Strength)
The red reaver leaps and pounds the ground with its fists, right at the heels of the PCs. The PCs try to stay on their feet through the resulting shock wave. The PCs can knock over some crates to slow the red reaver down or tuck and roll through the shocks.

Ooh, Shiny! (Bluff, Sense Motive, Disable Device)
The PCs are chased into the remains of the old market square, containing wares and even some currency. The PCs can toss a few of the particularly shiny baubles behind them to distract the reaver, or cut a few ropes to drop an awning onto the orcs.

They Won’t Be Needing This Anyway: (Acrobatics, Sleight of Hand, Craft (traps))
The PCs spot rough, abandoned fortifications. The PCs can weave through and around the debris or prop up the polearms left there.

Already Dead: (Acrobatics, Climb)
The doors of the Bastion of Light are just ahead, but the PCs must first navigate the cemetery. The red reaver grabs an unburied corpse and throws the pieces at the PCs. The PCs can zigzag through the gravestones or attempt to climb across the tombs to evade the gruesome projectiles, or knock a leaning statue across the red reaver’s path.

Bar the Door: (kn:Engineering, Craft (carpentry or stonemasonry)
The PCs race through the door of the Bastion of Light and move quickly to close and bar the door before the red reaver can get inside. The PCs can free the rusted iron bar from its place on the wall or stack up pews and other debris to make a hasty barricade.

Nothing Gets In or Out: (Craft(stonemasonry), Strength)
The PCs run around the perimeter of the room to seal off any other possible entrances the red reaver could use. The PCs can stack more debris or collapse a few loose stones to block the doors.

Board the Windows: (Craft(Carpentry), Disable Device)
The last thing the PCs need to do in order to seal the Bastion of Light is secure the windows. The PCs work together to loosen the heavily corroded metal shutters and latch them.

We will be moving on 19 Mar 2019 at 12:00 CDT (UTC-5), regardless of how many rolls have been made, and I will work with what we have.

Grand Lodge

HP: 68/68 | AC 29 (t: 22/ff: 26) |F:+14, R:+10, W:+16 | Init: +10 | Perception: +28 | Sense Motive: +26 Ki Pool: 9/10 | Bane: 6/6 Rounds | CMB +6; CMD 27 (24 FF) | Speed: 60'

Tangled Up Doom Reflex: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (2) + 10 = 12
Don't Look back Acrobatics: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (16) + 7 = 23
Ooh, Shiny! Sense Motive: 1d20 + 23 ⇒ (7) + 23 = 30
They Won’t Be Needing This Anyway: Acrobatics: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (6) + 7 = 13
Already Dead: Acrobatics: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (13) + 7 = 20
Bar the Door: Know, Engineering (UNTRAINED): 1d20 ⇒ 20
Nothing Gets In or Out: Strength: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10
Board the Windows: Disable Device (UNTRAINED): 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 2 = 13

Dark Archive

Burden of Envy | Shades of Ice

FYI - Disable Device is trained only. For the knowledge skills, you will not be able to use them untrained for this encounter. (I just checked the relevant skills for their rules)

Grand Lodge

Male Half-Orc Brawler 10

Is this like an actual chase in that everyone has to try every scene or can we aid someone else better equipped? There's a few here that I know some of us can never pass.

Grand Lodge

HP: 68/68 | AC 29 (t: 22/ff: 26) |F:+14, R:+10, W:+16 | Init: +10 | Perception: +28 | Sense Motive: +26 Ki Pool: 9/10 | Bane: 6/6 Rounds | CMB +6; CMD 27 (24 FF) | Speed: 60'

^^^^ This.

I posted as I thought there was no 'Aid' option

Liberty's Edge

M Aasimar Warpriest of Milani 9 | HP 59 | AC 24 | T 17 | FF 18 AC 23 | T 17 | FF 17 | CMD 26 (27 vs grapple) | Fort +10 | Ref +12 | Will +12 | Init +7 | Perc +13

Tangled Up Doom: Reflex: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (16) + 12 = 28
Don't Look back: Acrobatics: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (12) + 9 = 21
Ooh, Shiny! Sense Motive: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (8) + 9 = 17
They Won’t Be Needing This Anyway: Acrobatics: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (2) + 9 = 11
Already Dead: Acrobatics: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (17) + 9 = 26
Bar the Door: Craft, Carpentry, Untrained: 1d20 ⇒ 4
Nothing Gets In or Out: Strength: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 2 = 15
Board the Windows: Craft, Carpentry, Untrained: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 2 = 15

If there is an option to Aid, I would do that on Bar the Door and Board the Windows, applying the rolls I already made.

Grand Lodge

Male NG Halfling Druid 11 | HP 80/80 | AC 22 T 13 FF 20 | CMB +12, CMD 23 | F: +12, R: +5, W: +13 | Init: +2 | Perc: +21, SM: +12 | Speed 30ft | Wild Shape: 5/5 11 hours | Spells: See Stat Block | Active conditions: Barkskin (110 minutes)

I am riding on ki'lala, halflings have little legs and not so good at running. Did you want her to do the checks or do you want rufeo to hoof it. Or mix it up as appropriate?

Silver Crusade

M Aasimar Shaman 8 | HP 93/83 | AC 26* T 13 FF 14* CMD 16 | F +7 R +6 W +14 | Init +7 | Perception +18 (Darkvision) | Spd 20

reflex: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (17) + 6 = 23
strength: 1d20 - 2 ⇒ (5) - 2 = 3
sense motive: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (18) + 16 = 34
acrobatics: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (6) - 1 = 5
acrobatics: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (16) - 1 = 15
craft: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10
craft: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4
craft: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 2 = 16

Horacio, while surprizingly fast for an old man in armor does have a bit of trouble keeping up with the quickly changing situations of the chase.

Dark Archive

Burden of Envy | Shades of Ice
Truk the Hammer wrote:
Is this like an actual chase in that everyone has to try every scene or can we aid someone else better equipped? There's a few here that I know some of us can never pass.

Mechanically, there is no reason to aid another. Highest roll is primary, then every score of 10+ is treated as an aid another. You can also use spells or other abilities instead of rolling... if they fit the situation they will be treated as an aid another as well.

For this, all skills should be based on the primary character only.

Grand Lodge

active effects:
Female half orc Cleric (separatist) 10 | AC 21 T 13 FF 19 | CMD 23 | HP 89/89| F +15 R +10 W +17 | Init +2 (4) | Perc +9 darkvision 60'

"Ooh, isn't he pretty? Such a beautiful little angel!"

Nana coos over the Reaver, even as she runs!

Tangled Up Doom (Reflex or Acrobatics)

Nana confuses the orcs by making the Pathfinders look like them! Use Masters' Illusion, Trickery Domain power, to Veil the party. Going for an auto-aid. I'm guessing several rounds worth of the ability would be used.

Don't Look back (Acrobatics or Strength)

Strength: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11

Ooh, Shiny! (Bluff, Sense Motive, Disable Device)

sense motive: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12

They Won’t Be Needing This Anyway: (Acrobatics, Sleight of Hand, Craft (traps))

acrobatics, explorer+chronicler: 1d20 + 1 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 1 + 4 = 12

Already Dead: (Acrobatics, Climb)

climb, explorer+chronicler: 1d20 + 3 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 3 + 4 = 17

Bar the Door: (kn:Engineering, Craft (carpentry or stonemasonry)

handle animal (Work trick Kernuffle): 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (18) + 11 = 29
or if that's not allowed: craft, diverse training, lantern's secrets: 1d20 + 4 + 1d4 ⇒ (4) + 4 + (2) = 10

Nothing Gets In or Out: (Craft(stonemasonry), Strength)

Strength: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9

Board the Windows: (Craft(Carpentry), Disable Device)

handle animal (Work trick Kernuffle): 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (12) + 11 = 23
or if that's not allowed: craft, diverse training, lantern's secrets: 1d20 + 4 + 1d4 ⇒ (6) + 4 + (1) = 11
or if I already used diverse training above: craft: 1d20 - 2 ⇒ (17) - 2 = 15

I'm thinking for the physical labour tasks Nana would normally get Kernuffle to do the lifting and carrying, so have made Handle Animal checks for Nana; but I have made alternative die rolls as well. GM please let me know if the Handle Animal checks are acceptable, or if I have used Diverse Training and Lantern's Secrets.

Grand Lodge

Male Half-Orc Brawler 10

Got it! Thanks.

Tangled Up Doom (Reflex or Acrobatics) Acrobatics: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 14

Don't Look back (Acrobatics or Strength) Strength: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (2) + 7 = 9

Ooh, Shiny! (Bluff, Sense Motive, Disable Device) Sense Motive: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (14) + 5 = 19

They Won’t Be Needing This Anyway: (Acrobatics, Sleight of Hand, Craft (traps)) Acrobatics: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (16) + 6 = 22

Already Dead: (Acrobatics, Climb) Climb: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (12) + 6 = 18

Bar the Door: (kn:Engineering, Craft (carpentry or stonemasonry) Craft: 1d20 - 2 ⇒ (1) - 2 = -1

Nothing Gets In or Out: (Craft(stonemasonry), Strength) Strength: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (19) + 7 = 26

Board the Windows: (Craft(Carpentry), Disable Device) Craft: 1d20 - 2 ⇒ (16) - 2 = 14

Grand Lodge

Male NG Halfling Druid 11 | HP 80/80 | AC 22 T 13 FF 20 | CMB +12, CMD 23 | F: +12, R: +5, W: +13 | Init: +2 | Perc: +21, SM: +12 | Speed 30ft | Wild Shape: 5/5 11 hours | Spells: See Stat Block | Active conditions: Barkskin (110 minutes)

Okay, you all ready for some fails. PS. I love this new chase mechanic they decided to use.

tangeled up doom-reflex: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (11) + 3 = 14
don't look back-acrobatics: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (11) + 3 = 14
ohh, shiny-sense motive: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (3) + 13 = 16
They Won't be needing this Anyway-acrobatics: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11
Already Dead-climb: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (6) + 8 = 14
bar the door-nothing: 1d20 ⇒ 11
nothing gets in or out-strength: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8
board the windows-nothing: 1d20 ⇒ 1

Dark Archive

Burden of Envy | Shades of Ice

The team makes it into the Bastion, and puts up defenses in a remarkable fashion!

You can hear the Red Reaver outside pounding on the walls, trying to find a way in. You know that it is only a matter of time before the thing will get in.

Where do you want to go?

Grand Lodge

HP: 68/68 | AC 29 (t: 22/ff: 26) |F:+14, R:+10, W:+16 | Init: +10 | Perception: +28 | Sense Motive: +26 Ki Pool: 9/10 | Bane: 6/6 Rounds | CMB +6; CMD 27 (24 FF) | Speed: 60'
GM Silbeg wrote:
Where do you want to go?

Lol, Home?

Though slightly winded from the excursion, Bo maintains his composure and relies on a decade of monastic training to get his breathing under control. The monk quickly calls upon a spell allowing him to see magical auras and then takes in his surroundings before moving to check the double doors.

Detect Magic
Perception (Chamber): 1d20 + 25 ⇒ (15) + 25 = 40
Perception (Door): 1d20 + 25 ⇒ (19) + 25 = 44

Silver Crusade

M Aasimar Shaman 8 | HP 93/83 | AC 26* T 13 FF 14* CMD 16 | F +7 R +6 W +14 | Init +7 | Perception +18 (Darkvision) | Spd 20

Horacio takes a moment to cast some buffs he should have cast earlier.

Magic Vestment, Barkskin and False Life
Temp HP: 1d10 + 8 ⇒ (2) + 8 = 10

We'll give Truk a Barkskin as well. +3 so is an improvement from your amulet.

Grand Lodge

active effects:
Female half orc Cleric (separatist) 10 | AC 21 T 13 FF 19 | CMD 23 | HP 89/89| F +15 R +10 W +17 | Init +2 (4) | Perc +9 darkvision 60'

"We has got to find the font in the back! That's where the taint is probably coming from, and it's where the helm is too. Open the doors!"

Looks like there's only one way in from here. Nana's for opening the doors in front of us.

Dark Archive

Burden of Envy | Shades of Ice

Bo Goh Twang:

First: Home requires going through the Reaver. :D

The most obvious things you hear are the scratchings, poundings, and bellowings of the Reaver outside. Other than that, nothing appears out of the ordinary.

Horacio - 80 mins on those barkskins?

Silver Crusade

M Aasimar Shaman 8 | HP 93/83 | AC 26* T 13 FF 14* CMD 16 | F +7 R +6 W +14 | Init +7 | Perception +18 (Darkvision) | Spd 20

Correct, 8 hours on the Magic Vestment on my shield.

51 to 100 of 407 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / [Outpost II] GM Silbeg's 10-04 Reaver's Roar All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.