GM supervillan's #10-13 Fragments of Antiquity [Outpost II] (Inactive)

Game Master supervillan

low tier

Maps and Slides


351 to 375 of 375 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | next > last >>
Scarab Sages

Human Scarred Rager 2 / Two Handed Fighter 3 / Living Monolith 1| AC17 T7 F17 | HP 69/81 | CMD:21 | F:+14 R:+2 W:+8 | Init:+-1 | Perception: +0 | Ka Stone 3/3, Rage: 15/15 | Active Effects: bless, fatigued, rage ,-

Yep let's use up to 5 of these rerolls;
1) Deldri w/ religion; they have a large bonus and are tied fo the highest. They might roll higher.
2) Deldri w/ Medicine.
3) Kett w/ warfare.
4) Delfri w/ Planar Cosmology as Daedin said.

Kett returns to the history section to grab a few more choice books.
Knowledge (history); +1 vs ancient sites or +2 vs ancient osirion sites, +2 vs ancient cultures and elementals: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (3) + 7 = 10 lol..

Silver Crusade

Male|Paladin 6|hp 58/58|AC:25 T:12 FF:24|CMB+10,CMD21|Fort+9, Ref+7,Will+9|Init:+1, Perc:+0 Human Paladin 6

Cool with me, Kett. Looks like a solid list.

"Man, these books look heavy."

Grand Lodge

Male N Human Samurai (Sword Saint) 6 | HP 52/52| AC 21 T 12 FF 19 | CMB +11, CMD 23 | F: +7, R: +5, W: +3 | Init: +4 | Perc: +5, SM: +4 | Speed 20ft | Active conditions: Sickened. | Challenge 2/2; resolve 3/3

I am ok with the list


Resources:
Skirmisher Tricks 4/4
HP 51/51, AC 25/T 13/F 22, Init +3, Perc +6 (scent), Fort +8, Ref +8, Will +3, CMB +7/20, Speed 50'
Active:
Animal Aspect Bull (+2 Str)

Wolf:
Pssst. I got to pee. Can I just go in the corner over there?

Sovereign Court

Resources:
Animal Focus: 4/6; Spells: 1st 3/5, 2nd 4/4
HP 44/45, AC 22/T 10/F 22, Init +0, Perc +11 (See in Darkness), Fort +6, Ref +5, Will +4, CMB +9/19, Speed 30
Active:

Wolf:
No don't pee in here, we're going back outside in a minute. Just hold it a little longer.

"Why do you guys want to keep looking at these books? I thought we grabbed enough already. Plus this place is cleared out now, we can always come back later for more if we need to. It's time for us to go enjoy the outdoors once again."

"And we have to pee so time to wrap up this place and get back outside."

Wolf:
Great! Now you mentioned going pee and now I have to go too. Head towards that mirror I was putting together, that's our way out.

I'm fine with the reroll list.


Resources:
Skirmisher Tricks 4/4
HP 51/51, AC 25/T 13/F 22, Init +3, Perc +6 (scent), Fort +8, Ref +8, Will +3, CMB +7/20, Speed 50'
Active:
Animal Aspect Bull (+2 Str)

Heads towards the fixed mirror leading out of here.


Feast of Ravenmoor | Fleshwarped Queen |

Deldri if you would make your rolls as per the suggestions agreed above, then we'll move on. That will still leave a couple of potential re-rolls if the party has any further ideas.

Grand Lodge

Male Gnome Inquis 6| HP 40 | AC 20; Tch 12; FF 19 | F +6; R +4; W +9 | CMB +4; CMD 15 | Speed 15 ft | Init +5 | Stealth +1 | Perc +15 Inquisitor 6

I'm fine with Kett's idea

Deldri looks around the area.

Knowledge planes: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (16) + 8 = 24


Feast of Ravenmoor | Fleshwarped Queen |

There's a couple more rerolls you can take Deldri. Check Kett's post.

Grand Lodge

Male Gnome Inquis 6| HP 40 | AC 20; Tch 12; FF 19 | F +6; R +4; W +9 | CMB +4; CMD 15 | Speed 15 ft | Init +5 | Stealth +1 | Perc +15 Inquisitor 6

Deldri keeps looking. "Where's the ladder? Gods..."

Heal: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (6) + 8 = 14

Knowledge Religion: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (8) + 7 = 15


Feast of Ravenmoor | Fleshwarped Queen |

You gather up Hao Jin's notes from the Planar Cosmology section, along with the two enchanted items. Deldri stuffs a large number of additional books into the Bag of Holding.

You then return to the main archive through the amber mirror. Together you fill the Bag of Holding to its limit, seeking to maximise your chances of coming back with something useful.

No further hostiles show themselves. No phantoms are glimpsed within the glass railings. No objects are mysteriously moved around. The library is quiet as... well, as a library.

With your magical bag full, you can now return. If you wish, you can leave by the door you entered by, and you might expect to find the kobolds outside waiting for any 'new adults' to emerge. Or, you can simply enter your own wakes to leave the Tapestry and return to the Grand Lodge with your prizes...

PBP Rule of 3 applies - as soon as three of you agree on a course of action, that will be what you do.

Scarab Sages

Human Scarred Rager 2 / Two Handed Fighter 3 / Living Monolith 1| AC17 T7 F17 | HP 69/81 | CMD:21 | F:+14 R:+2 W:+8 | Init:+-1 | Perception: +0 | Ka Stone 3/3, Rage: 15/15 | Active Effects: bless, fatigued, rage ,-

Grabbing an acid scorched book Kett will return to the kobolts with the news that the ghost has fled. Determined to teach the tribe that no more traps are required in the fragile library.

Grand Lodge

Male N Human Samurai (Sword Saint) 6 | HP 52/52| AC 21 T 12 FF 19 | CMB +11, CMD 23 | F: +7, R: +5, W: +3 | Init: +4 | Perc: +5, SM: +4 | Speed 20ft | Active conditions: Sickened. | Challenge 2/2; resolve 3/3

Naruhito follows Kett.

Sovereign Court

Resources:
Animal Focus: 4/6; Spells: 1st 3/5, 2nd 4/4
HP 44/45, AC 22/T 10/F 22, Init +0, Perc +11 (See in Darkness), Fort +6, Ref +5, Will +4, CMB +9/19, Speed 30
Active:

We follow Kett to the great outdoors and proceed to find a bush that needs to be marked.


Feast of Ravenmoor | Fleshwarped Queen |

The sun is rising when you exit the library - which is odd because you're sure you haven't been inside a whole night.

The Scalebreaker kobolds hide their faces from the sunlight. There is a mixture of confusion at the sun's appearance, and excitement at your return.

"Well?" asks Bridge-and-Logs. "What traps did you set in the Hall of Trials? Did you face yourselves and triumph? What shall your adult names be?"

Scarab Sages

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Human Scarred Rager 2 / Two Handed Fighter 3 / Living Monolith 1| AC17 T7 F17 | HP 69/81 | CMD:21 | F:+14 R:+2 W:+8 | Init:+-1 | Perception: +0 | Ka Stone 3/3, Rage: 15/15 | Active Effects: bless, fatigued, rage ,-

Kett makes a nervous sideways glance at Orst, then steps forward. "The scary librarian ghost is gone now. You can use the it for reading instead of traps now..." Kett retrieves his favorite book 'History of Osirion; An Illustrated Guide', opens it to his favorite picture of an pyramid, and offers it unapologetically.

Silver Crusade

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male|Paladin 6|hp 58/58|AC:25 T:12 FF:24|CMB+10,CMD21|Fort+9, Ref+7,Will+9|Init:+1, Perc:+0 Human Paladin 6

"Yep, the things that moved your traps are no more. The library is back to being just a hall of books, a place of knowledge."

Grand Lodge

Male Gnome Inquis 6| HP 40 | AC 20; Tch 12; FF 19 | F +6; R +4; W +9 | CMB +4; CMD 15 | Speed 15 ft | Init +5 | Stealth +1 | Perc +15 Inquisitor 6

"Yeah but watch where you put traps in the future! We don't want you hurting people"

Silver Crusade

Male|Paladin 6|hp 58/58|AC:25 T:12 FF:24|CMB+10,CMD21|Fort+9, Ref+7,Will+9|Init:+1, Perc:+0 Human Paladin 6

Do we need to convince the kobalds to let us pass? Or do we need to announce our would be adult names like "Statue Smasher" or "Acid Eater"?

Grand Lodge

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male N Human Samurai (Sword Saint) 6 | HP 52/52| AC 21 T 12 FF 19 | CMB +11, CMD 23 | F: +7, R: +5, W: +3 | Init: +4 | Perc: +5, SM: +4 | Speed 20ft | Active conditions: Sickened. | Challenge 2/2; resolve 3/3

"And guys, you need to start reading those books!"

Grand Lodge

Male Gnome Inquis 6| HP 40 | AC 20; Tch 12; FF 19 | F +6; R +4; W +9 | CMB +4; CMD 15 | Speed 15 ft | Init +5 | Stealth +1 | Perc +15 Inquisitor 6

Deldri turns to Naruhito "I don't know if they can read books!" He smiles. "OK joke...People..say...What is the tallest building in the world? The library, because it has the most stories! ha"

Scarab Sages

Human Scarred Rager 2 / Two Handed Fighter 3 / Living Monolith 1| AC17 T7 F17 | HP 69/81 | CMD:21 | F:+14 R:+2 W:+8 | Init:+-1 | Perception: +0 | Ka Stone 3/3, Rage: 15/15 | Active Effects: bless, fatigued, rage ,-

"Ha!!!“ Kett tries to write the joke down in his mission notes, but keeps laughing to himself.


Feast of Ravenmoor | Fleshwarped Queen |

"You... you got rid of the evil spirits?!" The kobolds seem even more confused.

"But now there is no trial! No challenge nor danger, nothing to prove ourselves against! This is terrible!"

"Yeah, on top of that the Burning Eye is back in the sky! There hasn't been Burning Eye here for long-long-time!"

Bridge-and-logs looks at you with a steely expression: "You are not kobold. Your trial was not ours; you have triumphed over the evil spirits, but now there is no Hall of Trials for us. Scalebreaker tribe must find a new home." He begins yapping at the rest of the kobolds, who break camp and make ready to leave.

A small kobold female, not yet an adult, takes Kett's gift and smiles at him. She gives him a shiny glass bauble in return.
.
.
.
.
.
.
With nothing more to be done at the Imperial Archive, you step into your eddies and find yourselves back at Skyreach.

Ambrus Valsin debriefs you and listens eagerly to your reports. He notes that the Society has lessons to learn from the librarians’ mistake and congratulates you on taking the first steps toward finding one of the most famous missing people in the world. Winning the tapestry has been a great boon for the Society, and they stand to learn even more if they can find Hao Jin herself.
.
.
.
.
.
Later Ambrus also tells you that Krieghton Shaine’s apprentices have begun sorting the documents that you brought back. Their examination has already revealed some magical books with their auras disguised; the Society may be able to offer you a discount on these books in appreciation of your hard work.

success conditions:
Your primary goal is achieved by retrieving Hao Jin's notes from the Planar Cosmology section - revealing her travel itinerary for the Plane of Axis.

The secondary success condition requires that you retrieve a sufficient number of valuable tomes, as well as a number of Hao Jin's named texts, from the Archive. You just managed to achieve this goal, which is measured by the skill checks that you make in your searches. (Those rerolls were needed).

Scarab Sages

Human Scarred Rager 2 / Two Handed Fighter 3 / Living Monolith 1| AC17 T7 F17 | HP 69/81 | CMD:21 | F:+14 R:+2 W:+8 | Init:+-1 | Perception: +0 | Ka Stone 3/3, Rage: 15/15 | Active Effects: bless, fatigued, rage ,-

"Master Ambrus, there is a displaced and homeless tribe of kobolds in the tapestry." Looming over Ambrus with his largest puppy dog eyes, Kett continuous "Can we give them a new home?"

Grand Lodge

Male Gnome Inquis 6| HP 40 | AC 20; Tch 12; FF 19 | F +6; R +4; W +9 | CMB +4; CMD 15 | Speed 15 ft | Init +5 | Stealth +1 | Perc +15 Inquisitor 6

Hearing Kett, Deldri shouts "NEW home..." and plants his hands over his ears..."NOT near me ha!"

Ugh...there goes the neighborhood

351 to 375 of 375 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM supervillan's #10-13 Fragments of Antiquity [Outpost II] All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.