OMB's Outpost 2: Solstice Scar D (Inactive)

Game Master James Martin

Slides and Maps!


1 to 50 of 262 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | next > last >>

Please ninja-dot in and head to the Discussion thread to input your vital informations!


The story so far...

In Part 1, the PCs receive a call for help from the Blakros Museum, where intruders have tripped the many defenses and barricaded themselves inside the building. Upon overcoming these safeguards, the PCs encounter Medda and her Twinhorn warriors. She is willing to discuss the Kellids’ reason for attacking. Valsin is angered to learn that museum agents resorted to theft to gain relics and promises Medda that the PCs will accompany them back to the Tusk Mountains to return the hilt, beginning the next part.

In Part 2, the PCs secure passage for their convoy through the Hold of Belkzen and fight off renegade tribes’ raiders.

In Part 3, the PCs arrive at the Twinhorn encampment too late; Eshimka’s forces have begun flooding through a portal at the standing stones. The PCs must fight back the undead and close the rift. Once it’s sealed, the PCs learn that the attack left an extraplanar scar. Expecting an even greater invasion the next solstice, the PCs must prepare to defeat Eshimka and end the threat forever.

In Part 4, the PCs follow in the footsteps of the paladin Ivvora, seeking the place where she died battling a powerful white dragon. There, Medda hopes to commune with Ivvora in the afterlife, learning how they can reforge the broken dagger or create a new weapon to destroy Eshimka. In the process, the PCs must fight the new generations of white dragons and their kobold servitors who now inhabit the area.

The long journey south from the slopes of the Tusk Mountains to the edge of Fangwood is taking several weeks, during which many of the Twinhorns and Pathfinders have time to exchange ancestral stories and tales of daring adventures to pass the time on the long trek.

You are walking alongside a band of Twinhorn warriors consisting of two men, Harth and Hallusk, brothers who fight with huge axes and three women, Elena, Kyella and Bretta. Elena is a ranged specialist, preferring a heavy horn bow and killing from afar. Kyella wields two short blades, which she whirls in a wind of steel. Bretta is by far the quietest one, which does not fit her berserker fighting style and the huge axe she wields.

Hallusk slaps your shoulder as you walk. "Brothers and sisters in arms! We have told many tales of the Twinhorn on this long walk; let us hear your tales now! Speak and tell us of honor and glory among the southlands!"

Grand Lodge

M Aasimar, Garuda-Blooded
spells:
Active Mage Armor, Heroism, False Life,Ca4/4
Arcanist(Occultist)-5 Evangelist 5
Stats:
hp 82/82 AC 18|T 14 |FF 15, F +9|R +9|W +9, Init +3, Per +20

Adsal Featherhair is a young man, about 5`8`` with maybe 140 pounds. His heritage is obvious, as he has white swanfeathers for hairs, and white orbs for eyes. He dresses usually in white robes of highest craftmanship, embroyeded at the hems with tiny prayers to his goddess Shaelyn, held together with belt of woven strands of golden hair with a beltbuckle showing a stone golem . If on a mission he adds a silken armor in the same colour, with the symbol of the pathfinders cleverly embroided on his left breast and the grand lodge on the other and a buckler of mithral, embossened with the paradise bird of Shaelyn, together with a glaive with a pearly white haft. On his left hip there is a haversack holding his many books and writing utensils. Rarely are his long fineboned hands without the one or the other inkstain, although he wears soft deerskin gloves for protection while adventuring.
His voice is a light tenor and he usually speaks quite agited, no matter to whom he talks.
He is accompanied by Darter, his trusted Familiar and best friend.
If he has vanity, it is his talent for languages.

Grand Lodge

Bandits of Immenwood | DWK4 || Spell Templates

**OVERSEER ANNOUNCEMENT**

The long journey south from the slopes of the Tusk Mountains to the edge of Fangwood took several weeks, during which many of the Twinhorns and Pathfinders exchanged ancestral stories and tales of daring adventures to pass the time on the relatively uneventful trek. By the time the Fangwood rises ahead in the brisk morning air, both groups are eager to confront whatever lies ahead.

Medda addresses the crowd gathered before her. “South of here lies a battlefield where the paladin Ivvora risked her life in a daring ploy to help her battalion defeat an undead horde. For her selflessness, Ivvora earned a token of Vildeis’s favor: the dagger she used to deal a terrible blow to Eshimka! For all the crusaders’ heroism, I can sense an undead taint lingered here, and that stretch of the Fangwood has expanded in the centuries since to absorb it. It is now our turn to earn Vildeis’s blessing, risking ourselves to end this threat so that in turn we might slay Eshimka once and for all.

“The terrain favors small groups over larger formations, so we shall divide into smaller groups to navigate the forest and identify the corruption’s heart. May Ivvora’s example guide us to victory!” With that, Medda and her phantom Anok turn and enter the Fangwood, followed by Pathfinder and Twinhorn teams that fan out behind her.

GMs, you may begin Part 5.

Dark Archive

CN Human Wizard 9 | HP 56/56 | AC10 tch10 FF10 | CMD 14/FF 14 | F+4 R+4 W+8 | Init +2 | Perception +1

A hooded figure follows the procession at a little distance. The figure is clearly humanoid though would be short for most races and tall for the shorter ones. Upon further glance the black cloak covering it seems to be hanging off its almost spindly body. It has a backpack on its back that appears prepared for a long trip, or maybe is on one. Though, with the size of the pack, it is a little surprising that this figure hans't toppled over. As the face crests into view, the first thing seen is a wide, toothy grin. The skin on his face is excessively pale, almost matching the white of the teeth. It is creased around the mouth as if in the shape of the smile constantly. His eyes are sunken into his head and are staring at others gleefully while his hands rub each other hungrily.

The distance between him and other people is not of his own pacing, but likely caused by him asking any who approach, "When you are done with your body, may I have it?"

Sovereign Court

Female Human Bard (Dawnflower Dervish) 11 l HP 54/79 l AC 24/T 18/FF 17 l CMB +10 l CMD 28 l Fort +7/Ref +16/Will +10 l Perc +15 l Init +13 l Speed 30 ft. l BP 20/30

Had it not been for Fandral being near it is entirely possible that Holly may have struck Smert when he asked about her body. Instead she huffed and stormed away.

Lady Holly Day al-Hadir is a young Taldan women in her mid to late twenties. She has blonde hair cut to just above her shoulders. She is dressed in a simple but well styled brown leather overcoat with splashes of white, red, and gold along the cuffs and hem. A scimitar hangs at her left hip. A light hearted smile rests on her youthful face as she looks over her traveling companions.

Hearing a call for tales from South she starts in on one of her own. "There we were in a town in Ustalav facing off against of all things a werewolf. It was tall, strong, and covered in thick gray hair. Pouncing on us from between the town's buildings as we tried to corner it and prevent anyone from being taken by the beast."

"I can still see its haunting yellow eyes sometimes in my nightmares. I got separated from the rest of my fellow Pathfinders when I was chased down an alleyway. I turned and confronted the snarling hulk of man turned animal with my silver blade in hand. I whirled forth, my blade flashing before me as I rent its flesh. Unfortunately the beast was just as quick as myself. It tore into me with a ferocity unlike anything I had seen before or since. It is that day that I learned what death was like and how lucky I was to be returned to my life when all was said and done." Holly gives an involuntary shiver before her smile returns and she hollers out.

"Fandral! Come tell your tale."

The Exchange

Male CN Kelish Human Swashbuckler 7/ Gunslinger 5 | HP 100/100 Temp 24/24| AC 27(41 vs AOO); T 198; FF 18 | Fort +13; Ref +17; Will +8 | Init: +9 | Perc: +10, SM: +6 | Speed 30ft | Grit/Panache 6/6 | Charmed Life: 4/4 | Active conditions:

"I thought you would have told them the time you had to save me from the Kobolds." Fandral says recalling that embarrassing moment.

There was this time that I was with a group that infiltrated a cult of Lissalan followers. We even had to do a ritual to get to where the head was at. I even have the brand to prove it. Fandral shows the mark on his chest in the shape of Sihedron brand. He touches the mark and it begins to glow. "The ritual consisted of saying a few words and walking through fire. Which was just a magical stunt. Comes to find out, the leader was some sort of vampire or something. But it was no match for yours truly."

The brand gives me a temp hp pool equal to twice my character level.

Dark Archive

Male Wayang Wizard (Sin Specialist) 11 [HP 48+16/48][AC 17][Init +2][F+5/R+7/W+9][Perc +18]
Buffs:
False Life (+20 HP), Mage Armor (+4 Armor), Mirror Image (5 images), Fly, Prot v. Evil

A small, dark skinned wiry creature in dark robes with a rather exceptionally hooked nose stands off to the side as it takes in the scene before him. The hood on his cloak does not conceal the several piercings and bleached tattoos on his face, nor his evaluating eyes (one red, one blue) from scanning over the gathered throng of Pathfinders. He shifts his pack as the wayang shuffles over to the group, the clattering of sculptors tools and dangling puppets from the bag sounding amidst the din of people around him. Yami clutches his crooked staff as he moves through the crowd, using it to nudge the more oblivious Pathfinders out of his path due to his small size.

"Bah, there's a reason why I avoid going to Convocation every year," the wayang grumps in a gravely voice as he finally emerges from the crowd to join his team. "Oh, it's you lot again," he starts to say as Holly storms away from Smert; the wayang lifts an eyebrow as he looks at the necromancer with an evaluating eye. "A fellow practitioner of the Art, I see," Yami murmurs as he takes out a sketchbook and flips open to a page that already has the likenesses of Fandral, Adsal, and Holly. "I look forward to what we can...learn...from each other," he says with a smirk as the wayang quickly adds a sketch of Smert to his book.

Yami finds a nearby rock to sit on while waiting for the rest of his comrades to arrive, taking out a half-finished puppet made from bones to look like a dragon and begins adding finishing touches on it. "Ah...my finest masterpiece yet," the wayang reminisces as he continues whittling away at the puppet.

Grand Lodge

M Aasimar, Garuda-Blooded
spells:
Active Mage Armor, Heroism, False Life,Ca4/4
Arcanist(Occultist)-5 Evangelist 5
Stats:
hp 82/82 AC 18|T 14 |FF 15, F +9|R +9|W +9, Init +3, Per +20

Looking around Adsal smiles at the gathering of spell-casters.
"Anyone interested in swapping spells?"


Brambles grow wild throughout the edge of the wood where a thick canopy of trees begins to filter out sunlight, turning day into night. The overgrown plant life forbids easy access deeper into the forest and fills the air with the sickly-sweet smell of decay.

The outer edge of the blighted forest is overgrown with poisonous barbed plants, and the thick foliage hides venomous creatures in its nooks and crannies. To navigate their way through the area safely, each PC must succeed at a skill check using one of the following skills: Acrobatics, Climb, Handle Animal, Knowledge (nature), or Survival. Alternatively, a PC can attempt a wild empathy check, and any PC with the woodland stride class feature (or a similar ability) receives a +4 bonus on any of these checks.

Go!

Dark Archive

CN Human Wizard 9 | HP 56/56 | AC10 tch10 FF10 | CMD 14/FF 14 | F+4 R+4 W+8 | Init +2 | Perception +1

Smart eyes Yami for a short bit before responding in his strained and excited voice, "Art? You would not make good zombie or skeleton."

Survival: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 1 = 15

Smert relies on his heavy cloak to protect him through the overgrowth.

Dark Archive

Male Wayang Wizard (Sin Specialist) 11 [HP 48+16/48][AC 17][Init +2][F+5/R+7/W+9][Perc +18]
Buffs:
False Life (+20 HP), Mage Armor (+4 Armor), Mirror Image (5 images), Fly, Prot v. Evil
Adsal wrote:
"Anyone interested in swapping spells?"

Adsal, you might have already seen most of Yami's spells from last time, but you are welcome to anything from his spellbook if you wish.

Knowledge (Nature): 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (6) + 12 = 18

Scarab Sages

"This forest could use more stones," Magor grumbles as he trips on some foliage, "these plants just get in the way."

Survival: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 14

Sovereign Court

Female Human Bard (Dawnflower Dervish) 11 l HP 54/79 l AC 24/T 18/FF 17 l CMB +10 l CMD 28 l Fort +7/Ref +16/Will +10 l Perc +15 l Init +13 l Speed 30 ft. l BP 20/30

"Ah, master dwarf, I am sure there are some rocks in here somewhere." Holly says just before she slips past in a whirl of colored clothing.

Acrobztics: 1d20 + 30 ⇒ (1) + 30 = 31

The Exchange

Male CN Kelish Human Swashbuckler 7/ Gunslinger 5 | HP 100/100 Temp 24/24| AC 27(41 vs AOO); T 198; FF 18 | Fort +13; Ref +17; Will +8 | Init: +9 | Perc: +10, SM: +6 | Speed 30ft | Grit/Panache 6/6 | Charmed Life: 4/4 | Active conditions:

acrobatics+derring do: 1d20 + 20 + 2d6 ⇒ (4) + 20 + (6, 4) = 34

Fandral follows Holly, maybe a little too closely, "Let me know if you need help."

Grand Lodge

M Aasimar, Garuda-Blooded
spells:
Active Mage Armor, Heroism, False Life,Ca4/4
Arcanist(Occultist)-5 Evangelist 5
Stats:
hp 82/82 AC 18|T 14 |FF 15, F +9|R +9|W +9, Init +3, Per +20

KnowNature: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (19) + 13 = 32
Adsal uses his extensive knowledge of the wilds to skillfully navigate the area.


The brambles prove a tough foe and you find yourselves scratched, cut and bleeding all over!

DC 20 Reflex or DC 23 Fortitude save from everyone save Fandral, or be sickened for the next part!

The forest floor is blanketed with eerie dark flowers that paint the otherwise lightless woods with their purple incandescence. Disorienting paths cut through the trees, forward-facing paths seem to lead back to where they started, and retracing one’s steps leads to unfamiliar terrain. Glowing eyes glare hungrily from within the impenetrable thickets where the vines slowly curl around anyone who gets too close.

IF YOU HAVE NOT PLACED YOUR TOKEN ON THE MAP AND FILLED OUT INITIATIVE AND PERCEPTION, YOU MUST DO SO NOW.

Make a Perception or Survival check.

Sovereign Court

Female Human Bard (Dawnflower Dervish) 11 l HP 54/79 l AC 24/T 18/FF 17 l CMB +10 l CMD 28 l Fort +7/Ref +16/Will +10 l Perc +15 l Init +13 l Speed 30 ft. l BP 20/30

Reflex Save: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (10) + 16 = 26

"Ouch! Darn thorns." Holly looks at the various scratches she received and frowns.

"Fandral, I think we might have made a wrong turn somewhere. Do you perhaps know where we are right now?"

Perception: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (14) + 15 = 29

Dark Archive

CN Human Wizard 9 | HP 56/56 | AC10 tch10 FF10 | CMD 14/FF 14 | F+4 R+4 W+8 | Init +2 | Perception +1

Reflex: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12

Scarab Sages

Crunch:
Fortitude: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (10) + 11 = 21 +3 vs. poison
Survival: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10 Prefer to Aid Another if possible

Dark Archive

Male Wayang Wizard (Sin Specialist) 11 [HP 48+16/48][AC 17][Init +2][F+5/R+7/W+9][Perc +18]
Buffs:
False Life (+20 HP), Mage Armor (+4 Armor), Mirror Image (5 images), Fly, Prot v. Evil

Reflex Save: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (11) + 7 = 18

The wayang struggles through the underbrush, cursing creatively in a different language with each vine that happens to catch his legs.

Perception: 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (6) + 18 = 24

The Exchange

Male CN Kelish Human Swashbuckler 7/ Gunslinger 5 | HP 100/100 Temp 24/24| AC 27(41 vs AOO); T 198; FF 18 | Fort +13; Ref +17; Will +8 | Init: +9 | Perc: +10, SM: +6 | Speed 30ft | Grit/Panache 6/6 | Charmed Life: 4/4 | Active conditions:

"all I can say for sure is that we are in the woods.

perception: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (10) + 10 = 20

Grand Lodge

M Aasimar, Garuda-Blooded
spells:
Active Mage Armor, Heroism, False Life,Ca4/4
Arcanist(Occultist)-5 Evangelist 5
Stats:
hp 82/82 AC 18|T 14 |FF 15, F +9|R +9|W +9, Init +3, Per +20

Reflex: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (12) + 9 = 21
Reflex: 1d20 + 20 ⇒ (7) + 20 = 27
Survival: 1d20 ⇒ 10
Weaving well through thorns Adsal looks at the eyes and prepares to call for aid.


MAP TIME! SLIDE 2

A sudden rustle is all the warning you get of foes as ENORMOUS spiders, their mandibles all a-twitch, drop down into the clearing you stand in!

Initiative
Magor: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6
Fandral: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (14) + 9 = 23
Adsal: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4
Holly: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (15) + 13 = 28
Smert: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 2 = 21
Yami: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4
Spiders!: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6

Round 1:
Holly, Fandral, Smert, Magor
GIANT SPIDERS
Yami, Adsal

Holly, Fandral, Smert, Magor are up first!

Dark Archive

CN Human Wizard 9 | HP 56/56 | AC10 tch10 FF10 | CMD 14/FF 14 | F+4 R+4 W+8 | Init +2 | Perception +1

Wow, enormous indeed.

Smert takes a step away from the spiders and begins casting defensively
Concentration DC 19: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (9) + 13 = 22

Smert looks around excitedly. These will make great friends! he think to himself as he backs a little away and begins an incantation. "GREAT POWERS OF DARKNESS GIVE ME YOU SERVANTS....!". It seems to be a long casting time for a spell, and he yells the entire time.

Scarab Sages

Magor pulls a crumpled scroll from his pack and quickly finishes the incantation, then thrusts both arms out at his allies. "Quick, crowd where I can touch you! I'm a bald-cheeked halfling if these things aren't poisonous!"

Then he winks and sinks into the earth.

Crunch:
Move Retrieve an item
Standard Read a scroll of communal delay poison; Targets Self and anybody within reach.
Free Activate Earth Glide
Free 5-ft. step down into the ground

If you resolve actions in posting order, I will delay until Holly and Fandral have acted.

The Exchange

Male CN Kelish Human Swashbuckler 7/ Gunslinger 5 | HP 100/100 Temp 24/24| AC 27(41 vs AOO); T 198; FF 18 | Fort +13; Ref +17; Will +8 | Init: +9 | Perc: +10, SM: +6 | Speed 30ft | Grit/Panache 6/6 | Charmed Life: 4/4 | Active conditions:

Fandral will click his boots together, activating the magic within and swings away with his cutlass.

Activating boots of speed, free action, giving myself haste. I am not sure if I am adjacent or not, he would move closer if needed.

Swift action, spending 1 panache to double precision for the first attack.
attack #1: 1d20 + 20 ⇒ (7) + 20 = 271d6 + 7 + 12 ⇒ (6) + 7 + 12 = 25

attack #2: 1d20 + 20 ⇒ (19) + 20 = 391d6 + 7 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 7 + 6 = 18
potential crit threat: 1d20 + 21 ⇒ (15) + 21 = 361d6 + 7 ⇒ (2) + 7 = 9

attack #3: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (8) + 15 = 231d6 + 7 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 7 + 6 = 14

attack #4: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (18) + 10 = 281d6 + 7 ⇒ (5) + 7 = 12
potential crit threat: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (9) + 11 = 201d6 + 7 ⇒ (5) + 7 = 12

GM let me know if either of the crits confirm

If the spider attempts to attack me, Fandral will as an immediate action spend a point of panache to take a 5 ft step back and gain 2 to my AC.

Sovereign Court

Female Human Bard (Dawnflower Dervish) 11 l HP 54/79 l AC 24/T 18/FF 17 l CMB +10 l CMD 28 l Fort +7/Ref +16/Will +10 l Perc +15 l Init +13 l Speed 30 ft. l BP 20/30

Holly begins to dance and whirls in close to the gigantic spider (Blue). Her scimitar flashes in what light there is as it hews into the creatures legs.

Holly takes a 5 ft step to get next to the spider and makes a full round attack.

Attack #1: +1 Holy Adamantine Scimitar, Battle Dance (inspire courage): 1d20 + 21 ⇒ (7) + 21 = 28
Damage #1: Magic, Good, Adamantine, Piercing/Slashing, Battle Dance (inspire courage): 1d6 + 13 ⇒ (5) + 13 = 18
Additional Damage if Evil: 2d6 ⇒ (6, 3) = 9

Attack #2: +1 Holy Adamantine Scimitar, Battle Dance (inspire courage): 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (11) + 16 = 27
Damage #2: Magic, Good, Adamantine, Piercing/Slashing, Battle Dance (inspire courage): 1d6 + 13 ⇒ (2) + 13 = 15
Additional Damage if Evil: 2d6 ⇒ (1, 2) = 3


Smert begins his chanting! Magor draws his scroll and starts to cast, but the spiders sense an opportunity and lash out!

Red vs Smert: 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (20) + 17 = 37 for 6d8 + 22 ⇒ (8, 1, 1, 6, 6, 2) + 22 = 46 and a Fort Save vs Poison!
Blue vs Smert: 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (16) + 17 = 33 for 6d8 + 22 ⇒ (4, 3, 5, 2, 6, 1) + 22 = 43 and a Fort Save vs Poison!

Fandral clicks his heel and becomes a blur, landing one of his possible critical hits! The spider shudders as gore flies!

Holly's dancing is inspiring! Her blows land and the spider squeals with pain!

The spiders hiss and attack! The red one bites at Fandral, while the Blue one scuttles back five feet and spits a web at Holly!

Red vs Fandral: 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (1) + 17 = 18 for 6d8 + 22 ⇒ (8, 1, 3, 7, 3, 5) + 22 = 49 and a Fort Save vs Poison!
Blue web vs Holly, ranged touch: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (20) + 13 = 33 As the web hits, it explodes in a 10' burst, hitting everyone save Smert and Magor! Everyone is entangled! An entangled creature can escape with a successful Escape Artist check or burst the web with a Strength check. Both are standard actions with a DC 23. Attempts to burst a web by those caught in it take a –4 penalty. AND everyone must make a Fort Save vs poison as the web hits your skin!

EDIT: Red vs Smert, crit confirmation: 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (14) + 17 = 31 for 6d8 + 22 ⇒ (5, 6, 3, 5, 3, 5) + 22 = 49 and a Fort Save vs Poison!

IF ANYONE HAS ANY ABILITY TO AVOID AOO'S OR NEGATE CRITS, BE SURE TO TELL ME.

Yami, Adsal are up!

Dark Archive

CN Human Wizard 9 | HP 56/56 | AC10 tch10 FF10 | CMD 14/FF 14 | F+4 R+4 W+8 | Init +2 | Perception +1

I cast defensively...


I'm sorry, he was aiming at MAGOR, not Smert, due to the AoO from reading the scroll. I apologize, still getting names and tokens straight.


AID TOKEN #1

Passing Aid Token to: Our Mysterious Benefactor
From: GM Blazej
Current Boosts:
Timely Inspiration (Aurus Goldson)

Please use and send along! Feel free to boost it!

Dark Archive

Male Wayang Wizard (Sin Specialist) 11 [HP 48+16/48][AC 17][Init +2][F+5/R+7/W+9][Perc +18]
Buffs:
False Life (+20 HP), Mage Armor (+4 Armor), Mirror Image (5 images), Fly, Prot v. Evil

Fort Save: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (13) + 5 = 18

Using a portfolio re-roll + GM stars

Fort Save: 1d20 + 5 + 5 ⇒ (20) + 5 + 5 = 30

Yami will cast a quickened magic missile at the spider that Fandral crit.

Concentration (Entangled, DC 19): 1d20 + 11 + 7 ⇒ (17) + 11 + 7 = 35
Force Damage: 5d4 + 5 ⇒ (3, 3, 3, 3, 2) + 5 = 19

He will then defensively cast dimension door, taking Smert and Adsal with him.

Concentration Check (Entangled, DC 19): 1d20 + 11 + 7 ⇒ (4) + 11 + 7 = 22
Concentration Check (Defensive, DC 23): 1d20 + 11 + 7 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 11 + 7 + 2 = 32

Yami will dimension door diagonally back to the right back up the path six squares, which should place him and his caster allies out of the spiders melee range. Smert, this might require you to make a concentration check (DC 21) depending on the GM's interpretation of my maneuver possibly distracting your spellcasting. It is my character's assumption that you would prefer to be away from colossal spiders.

Dark Archive

CN Human Wizard 9 | HP 56/56 | AC10 tch10 FF10 | CMD 14/FF 14 | F+4 R+4 W+8 | Init +2 | Perception +1

I actually do not want to be teleported...surprisingly. Unless these are intelligent spiders, I feel fairly safe. BTW what knowledge check would these be? Oh also, does the woods provide any cover?

Grand Lodge

M Aasimar, Garuda-Blooded
spells:
Active Mage Armor, Heroism, False Life,Ca4/4
Arcanist(Occultist)-5 Evangelist 5
Stats:
hp 82/82 AC 18|T 14 |FF 15, F +9|R +9|W +9, Init +3, Per +20

Fort: 1d20 + 9 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 9 + 2 = 13
KnowNature: 1d20 + 13 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 13 + 2 = 16
Adsal then draws his wand of summon monster, calling a lantern archon to aid in the fight.

Sovereign Court

Female Human Bard (Dawnflower Dervish) 11 l HP 54/79 l AC 24/T 18/FF 17 l CMB +10 l CMD 28 l Fort +7/Ref +16/Will +10 l Perc +15 l Init +13 l Speed 30 ft. l BP 20/30

Fortitude Save vs. Poison: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (18) + 7 = 25

Knowledge (nature): 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12


Yami and Adsal disappear, reappearing in the distance!

Fort Save DC is 23. Failure results in 1d6 ⇒ 6 strength damage and PARALYZED for 1 round! Cure is 2 consecutive saves!

The spiders quiver and drool!

ROUND 2:

Holly, Fandral, Smert, Magor* are up!

*With Magor's boons and such, he died by 5 hit points. If anyone has Breath of Life or First Aid Gloves, he may yet be saved!

Dark Archive

Male Wayang Wizard (Sin Specialist) 11 [HP 48+16/48][AC 17][Init +2][F+5/R+7/W+9][Perc +18]
Buffs:
False Life (+20 HP), Mage Armor (+4 Armor), Mirror Image (5 images), Fly, Prot v. Evil
Our Mysterious Benefactor wrote:
*With Magor's boons and such, he died by 5 hit points. If anyone has Breath of Life or First Aid Gloves, he may yet be saved!

The ironic part is that Magor has a scroll of breath of life in his inventory. Use Magic Device, anyone?

Dark Archive

CN Human Wizard 9 | HP 56/56 | AC10 tch10 FF10 | CMD 14/FF 14 | F+4 R+4 W+8 | Init +2 | Perception +1

Summon Monster 2: 1d3 ⇒ 2

Smert finishes yelling and two skeletons appear.

Concentration DC 25: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (11) + 16 = 27 (I mathed my concentration check wrong last time)

As the skeletons appear, Smert reaches into a pocket and pulls out, what looks like teeth. "Give me more minions!" he yells as he throws the teeth on the ground next to him.
5ft step + Khain's Army
ghouls: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2

Three undead (2 ghouls 1 ghast) rise up from the ground where the teeth were littered.
Fort: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7-> Smert is sickened
White and blue are skeletons
yellow and orange are ghouls
purple is ghast

"ATTACK!" Smert yells.

All of the minion dice rolls:

Skele W claw: 1d20 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 2 + 2 = 21
Skele W claw: 1d4 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6
Skele W claw: 1d20 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 + 2 = 9

Skele B claw: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10
Skele B claw: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 2 = 12

Ghoul Y bite: 1d20 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 3 + 2 = 7
Ghoul Y claw: 1d20 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 3 + 2 = 6
Ghoul Y claw: 1d20 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 3 + 2 = 20
Ghoul Y claw: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4
Fort save DC 13 against paralysis (if a 20 hit)
paralysis: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3

Ghoul O bite: 1d20 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 3 + 2 = 20
Ghoul O claw: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2
Fort save DC 13 against ghoul fever (if a 20 hit)
Con dmg: 1d3 ⇒ 3 + Dex dmg: 1d3 ⇒ 3
Fort save DC 13 against paralysis
paralysis: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4
Ghoul O claw: 1d20 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 3 + 2 = 21
Ghoul O claw: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3
Fort save DC 13 against paralysis
paralysis: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3
Ghoul O claw: 1d20 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 3 + 2 = 25
Ghoul O claw confirm: 1d20 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 3 + 2 = 13
Ghoul O claw: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5
Fort save DC 13 against paralysis
paralysis: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3

Fort save DC 15 or be sickened for 1d6+4 minutes
Ghast P bite: 1d20 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 5 + 2 = 26
Ghast P claw: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4
Fort save DC 15 against ghoul fever
Con dmg: 1d3 ⇒ 2 + Dex dmg: 1d3 ⇒ 2
Fort save DC 15 against paralysis
paralysis: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5
Ghast P claw: 1d20 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 5 + 2 = 21
Ghast P claw: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5
Fort save DC 13 against paralysis
paralysis: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4
Ghast P claw: 1d20 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 5 + 2 = 26
Ghast P claw: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2
Fort save DC 13 against paralysis
paralysis: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5


Red Spider Fort vs paralysis: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (14) + 15 = 29
Red Spider Fort vs paralysis: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (19) + 15 = 34
Red Spider Fort vs paralysis: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (7) + 15 = 22
Red Spider Fort vs ghoul fever: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (7) + 15 = 22

Only the Orange Ghoul and Ghast land blows on the red spider, but they open only small scratches.

Holly and Fandral are up!

Grand Lodge

M Aasimar, Garuda-Blooded
spells:
Active Mage Armor, Heroism, False Life,Ca4/4
Arcanist(Occultist)-5 Evangelist 5
Stats:
hp 82/82 AC 18|T 14 |FF 15, F +9|R +9|W +9, Init +3, Per +20

What does timely inspiration do?


Timely inspiration, boosted, adds +4 inspire courage for 3 rounds, as the bard ability! See slide 14.

Sovereign Court

Female Human Bard (Dawnflower Dervish) 11 l HP 54/79 l AC 24/T 18/FF 17 l CMB +10 l CMD 28 l Fort +7/Ref +16/Will +10 l Perc +15 l Init +13 l Speed 30 ft. l BP 20/30

DC 23 Concentration Check: 1d20 + 18 + 4 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 18 + 4 + 4 = 37

Holly defensively casts Dimension Door and maintains her Battle Dance.

"Ostium apertum!" One moment Holly is the web and the next she is standing next to Magor. She reaches a gloved hand down and watches as the magic contained within the sapphires drains into Magor.

Breath of Life: 5d8 + 9 ⇒ (1, 7, 4, 3, 7) + 9 = 31


Two issues: Magor's right, that's two standards. And Dimension Door ends your turn. Want to revise?

Sovereign Court

Female Human Bard (Dawnflower Dervish) 11 l HP 54/79 l AC 24/T 18/FF 17 l CMB +10 l CMD 28 l Fort +7/Ref +16/Will +10 l Perc +15 l Init +13 l Speed 30 ft. l BP 20/30

Sure I will take a partial retcon and thank you. I had forgotten that I couldn't use my Meditative Whirl with the Breath of Life spell. I have the Dimensional Agility feat so I still have a move and swift action to use after the Dimension Door spell.

Holly blips from within the web to dancing next to the spider (Red) and begins an ever more complicated dance of shuffling steps, bends, and leaps.

Holly uses the Dance of 23 Steps to increase her AC until the start of her next turn. Current AC: AC 27, T 21, FF 17.

The Exchange

Male CN Kelish Human Swashbuckler 7/ Gunslinger 5 | HP 100/100 Temp 24/24| AC 27(41 vs AOO); T 198; FF 18 | Fort +13; Ref +17; Will +8 | Init: +9 | Perc: +10, SM: +6 | Speed 30ft | Grit/Panache 6/6 | Charmed Life: 4/4 | Active conditions:

fort save+charmed life: 1d20 + 13 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 13 + 2 = 35
escape artist+derring do: 1d20 + 10 + 1d6 ⇒ (4) + 10 + (3) = 17

Can not move and I am entangled

If attacked:

parry: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (20) + 15 = 35
parry: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (14) + 15 = 29
parry: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (18) + 15 = 33
Let me know if I use any of the Parries.


Gotcha. High tier characters are so complicated by the time they hit this level that I have to rely on the players to know their characters. If I get anything wrong, let me know!

Holly becomes a whirling blur, while Fandral readies himself for assault!

The spiders both attack!

Red Spider vs Fandral: 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (2) + 17 = 19 for 6d8 + 22 ⇒ (1, 6, 6, 7, 4, 2) + 22 = 48 damage plus Fort Save!

Blue Spider vs Holly: 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (6) + 17 = 23 for 6d8 + 22 ⇒ (2, 1, 8, 8, 7, 6) + 22 = 54 damage plus Fort Save!

But neither spider can seem to land their bites!

Yami and Adsal are up!

Dark Archive

Male Wayang Wizard (Sin Specialist) 11 [HP 48+16/48][AC 17][Init +2][F+5/R+7/W+9][Perc +18]
Buffs:
False Life (+20 HP), Mage Armor (+4 Armor), Mirror Image (5 images), Fly, Prot v. Evil

Yami will lob a fireball to encompass both spiders in its blast of flame.

Fireball (DC 20 Reflex): 10d6 ⇒ (6, 6, 2, 4, 2, 2, 2, 6, 5, 2) = 37

Unfortunately, this will catch one of your minions, Smert. Additionally, Fandral, I can adjust the radius up 1 square to catch you and the webbing to try to burn it off, it you wish/want to.

Grand Lodge

Bandits of Immenwood | DWK4 || Spell Templates

**OVERSEER ANNOUNCEMENT**

Even though much of the forest withers from some evil curse, eager faces flow from tree to tree as the friendly, whispering spirits encourage their would-be saviors onward.

Table GMs, the Helpful Spirits effect is in play.

Dark Archive

CN Human Wizard 9 | HP 56/56 | AC10 tch10 FF10 | CMD 14/FF 14 | F+4 R+4 W+8 | Init +2 | Perception +1

It'll just die. It is a 1/3 CR skeleton

1 to 50 of 262 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / OMB Outpost 2: Solstice Scar D Tier 10-11 Gameplay All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.