[Outpost II] PFS #10-15: Tapestry's Trial [CORE][GM Uktar] (Inactive)

Game Master Uktar

A Pathfinder Society Scenario designed for levels 7-11.
Being run in ***CORE*** mode as part of the PbP convention: OUTPOST II.
From March 11th - May 6th, 2019

Maps & Images-Tapestry's Trial


1 to 50 of 284 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | next > last >>

maps & images for The Unseen Inclusion | maps & images for The Sanos Abduction | Maps & Images-Tapestry's Trial

Dot and Delete.
And please note, this is being run in ***CORE*** mode. Only sign up with appropriate PC. Thanks.


maps & images for The Unseen Inclusion | maps & images for The Sanos Abduction | Maps & Images-Tapestry's Trial

When each of you return to your quarters in the Grand Lodge of Absolom, you discover a folded parchment with your name on the outside, sealed with the symbol of Abadar. Cracking the seal and unfolding the parchment, you realize you've received a somewhat unusual note: it is a summons to meet District Councilmember and priestess of Abadar Jostlyn Ferqyr at the Vault of Abadar in Absalom’s Ivy District first thing the following morning.

As you gather your gear and head for the front door shortly before the appointed hour, you encounter several pathfinder agents who also bear similar summons.

Feel free to introduce yourselves. Official gameplay starts on Monday, March 11.

Grand Lodge

LN Male Dwarf Wizard (Conjurer) 11 Init +8 | HP 101/101 | AC16 T12, FF14 | Fort +12, Ref +10, Will +13, Dwarf +2 | CMD 15 | Perception+25, Sense Motive +20
Buffs:
MA, Overland Flight, Heroism
Resources:
Acid Dart 11|11, PoP 2/2, Arcane Bond Unused, Dimensional Steps 330|330, Reroll: Used
| Conditions:

An elderly dwarf in crumpled robes, bald with a thick white beard and whiskers, floats through the grounds of the Grand Lodge. Looks like we are called into yet another mission, and here I thought I might get a bit of time off to study what we brought back from Jormundun. Oh well, no rest for the wicked I suppose.

He looks up, apparently only just noticing his companion, Ragnar, good to see you again, how fares Hugsy? he asks eyeing the giant snake with a degree of skepticism.

Grand Lodge

Male Dwarf Fighter 7/Cleric of Cayden Cailean 1 HP: 75/75 | AC 27 T:13 F: 25 CMD 24| F +12 R +6 W +10 (+2 vs Poison and Spells) | Senses: Darkvision 60 ft, Per +13 (+2 to notice unusual stonework) SM +2

Polanco staggers his way into the briefing. He wears a fancy feathered hat that bears the signature sigil of the open road.

He wears a crumbled cloak with the lapel pin reading Instructor over his suit of armor. At his side is a growler full of "Time Hopper IPA" with the name written in dwarven script.

Och. Its the book-dwarf! And Hugsy Jr. Och is sure a good sign to see y'all again. For those that dinnae know me, Ah am Polanco Goldhammer - Dwarf o' the Five Kingdoms and Pathfinder Lodge instructor on the topics of Engineering and Maffematics. Ah got some samples o this libation I liberated from Jormurdun. I know I can't stomach a meeting with bankers sober so drink up and take the edge off!

The Exchange

Spot:
Animal Reptile 7 | AC 20 (28)| T 13 | FF 16 | HP: 51/51 | CMD 26 | Fort +8 | Ref +8 ev | Will +3 * | Perception +5*
Male Human Ranger 10 | AC 22 | T 18 | FF 17 | HP: 103/103 | CMD 30 | Fort +12 | Ref +17 ev | Will +11 | Init +9 | Perception +21

Ragnar is a thin ugly human of medium height. He has a bow with the holy symbol of Abadar on it and two fancy quivers on his back.

Nearby is a large constrictor snake.

"Sadly Hugsy died from her wounds. This is Spot. Spot familiarize yourself with our friends."

Spot will stick his tongue out at the party members as Ragnar indicates they are not to be eaten. Not without a good reason anyway.

Grand Lodge

LN Female Half-elf Druid 1/Monk 9 | AC 29, T 24, FF 25; +4 dodge vs. AoO | hp 93/93 | Fort +15, Ref +13, Will +17; +4 vs enchantment, +2 vs. charm & compulsion, +1 vs. earth & acid ; Improved Evasion; Immune disease, sleep | Init +9 | Percep +35 (LL) | CMD 32 (34 vs. grapple) | Ki 11/11, Storm Burst 8/8, Stunning Fist 9/9 | Chronicler 3/3, Nemesis 1/1 | Daredevil Boots 10/10, Reroll @+4 1/1 | Conditions: none

Gwynnis looks once at the ugly human and frowns, then frowns even deeper at the drunk dwarf. She moves toward the remaining dwarf and introduces herself, "Gwynnis Tilia-Faced, druid of the Darkmoon Wood and monk of the Black Forks."

The Exchange

HP 75/75; LoH 6/6 available (2d6); reroll @+4 0/1 avail; Smite 1/2; Wand CLW 48/50 Half Elf Paladin -4/Sorcerer-1/DDisciple-3; AC 34 (barkskin,SoF,Shield,haste) 23 (normal) (25 shielded and enlarged) (27 shielded) (29 shield&SoF); Fort +13; Ref +9; Will 13(+15 vs enchantments); Init +1; Perc +1; resist fire/5;electricity/10;

A tall, solidly build woman of probable elven descent enters the room. Clad in full plate and with a massive sword at her back, her whole countenance screams "warrier".

Still, over her armor she wears the tabard of a grand master merchant, maybe she specialises in mercenaries? Upon her back is cloak, woven with the glyph of the open road..along with the rune of The Exchange.

"Havn't seen you since the last board meeting!" she smiles to Ragnar. Offering a nod to both Gwynnis and Alonso, as if she already knows them, or is at least familiar with their work, she stalks over toward Polanco and holds out her hand. "Auriferous." she offers.

The Exchange

Spot:
Animal Reptile 7 | AC 20 (28)| T 13 | FF 16 | HP: 51/51 | CMD 26 | Fort +8 | Ref +8 ev | Will +3 * | Perception +5*
Male Human Ranger 10 | AC 22 | T 18 | FF 17 | HP: 103/103 | CMD 30 | Fort +12 | Ref +17 ev | Will +11 | Init +9 | Perception +21

Ragnar nods. "Yes. The church has summoned us. No doubt a dangerous yet profitable mission awaits."


maps & images for The Unseen Inclusion | maps & images for The Sanos Abduction | Maps & Images-Tapestry's Trial

You arrive at the Vault of Abadar in Absalom’s Ivy District with the breaking of dawn, only to discover Councilwoman Ferqyr is already waiting at the compound’s main gate flanked by two stern paladins of Abadar. With a polite nod of her head, she says, ”Greetings, Pathfinders. We have been contracted by your society to provide transportation services for your current mission. We have been asked to hand you these.”
She hands over an envelope sealed with the sigil of the Master of Spells, and one of the paladins gives you a small satchel. She politely averts her eyes as you open the letter from Master Westyr, which reads and can also be found on Slide #3

Quote:

Pathfinders! The Hao Jin Tapestry demiplane is on the verge of complete collapse. Despite our best efforts and the personal sacrifice of the former Master of Spells, Aram Zey, we have only been able to slow the demiplane’s disintegration, and it is now only weeks or even days from utter collapse. If this happens, the thousands of beings still within the demiplane will die, and what treasures are still hidden within shall be lost forever. The Society has therefore prioritized rescue and salvage missions, the last of which made a remarkable discovery: Hao Jin is still alive somewhere on the plane of Axis. At this point she may be the only person who can avert this disaster, so it is imperative that you travel to the Eternal City.

Included with this letter is a satchel containing documentation of the Society’s activity in the demiplane, including what we explored, what we modified, and how we’ve tried to keep it intact since. Provide these to Hao Jin, as I can only assume she doesn’t know of the tapestry’s condition. I have also contacted Jostlyn Ferqyr, Keeper of the Vault of Abadar and a district councilmember, securing her assistance. She shall use a holy relic to transport you to an ideal starting point for your search. From there, find the Ruby Phoenix and convince her to help repair what she created—before its inhabitants and secrets are lost forever.

Finally, be on the lookout for trouble. I have noted and thwarted several attempted scrying attempts in the past two weeks, but I cannot assume my colleagues are so vigilant. You may not be the only ones trying to find Hao Jin.

. . -- Sorrina Westyr
. . . Master of Spells

Despite pointedly looking in the opposite direction, as soon as you finish reading the letter, Ferqyr asks you to follow her into one of the Vault of Abadar’s subbasements. The Councilwoman is remarkably tight-lipped during this time and she responds to any questions with a curt apology and a shrug.

She passes through several locked and guarded rooms and descends two staircases, and finally unlocks a vault that contains several small stone plinths, each containing a lockbox. Ferqyr unlocks one and carefully lifts out a golden miniature the size of a dinner plate in the shape of a circular city.

Keeper Ferqyr carefully hands the intricate golden miniature to one of the paladins beside her and pulls out a small scroll. She clears her throat before reading the following:
“The Vault of Absalom hereby contractually gives permission to the Members of the Pathfinder Society here present to make use of the miraculous powers of the Golden City of Tumen to travel to and return from the realm of the Master of the First Vault, thrice-blessed be his name. During their stay in Axis, the Pathfinders shall conduct themselves in a matter befitting their role as representatives of the Church of Abadar, and not bring ill repute upon it or any of its subsidiary organizations.”

She looks up from the scroll, saying, ”We require verbal confirmation from each of you that the terms of this agreement are suitable. Please be certain to state your name when you provide affirmation.”
She pauses expectantly.
.
.
.

KNOWLEDGE (ARCANA OR HISTORY)
Based on the result of a Knowledge (arcana or history) check, the PCs might know more about the sorceress Hao Jin and her demiplane, the Hao Jin Tapestry. They learn all the information with a DC equal to or less than the result of their check.

DC 15+:
Hao Jin, also known as the Ruby Phoenix, was a sorcerer of incredible power and the creator of the Hao Jin Tapestry, a museum demiplane in which she placed entire landscapes along with her greatest treasures. She mysteriously disappeared several centuries ago and was presumed dead until very recently.

DC 20+:
Hao Jin was a master of elemental magic who earned her title from her talent for resurrecting with ever bolder red hair whenever she died.

DC 25+:
Unlike most spellcasters of her power (such as Tar-Baphon and the runelords of Thassilon), Hao Jin chose not to follow the path of power and domination, but instead studied and cataloged the wonders of the multiverse, the greatest of which she placed in her personal demiplane tied to the fabled Hao Jin Tapestry.

The Exchange

HP 75/75; LoH 6/6 available (2d6); reroll @+4 0/1 avail; Smite 1/2; Wand CLW 48/50 Half Elf Paladin -4/Sorcerer-1/DDisciple-3; AC 34 (barkskin,SoF,Shield,haste) 23 (normal) (25 shielded and enlarged) (27 shielded) (29 shield&SoF); Fort +13; Ref +9; Will 13(+15 vs enchantments); Init +1; Perc +1; resist fire/5;electricity/10;

Arcana: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (17) + 8 = 25
Auriferous fills in the team with what she knows. Feel free to open the spoilers
"The sorceress Hao Jin, aka the Ruby Phoenix created the tapestry that bears her name. It is a plane in its own right, and she transported whole chunks of the landscape into it as a private museum and place to study them. Beside creating her famous tapestry, she was renown as a master of elemental magics, although they didn't always suffice to keep her alive. She died multiple times, coming back each time with her hair a bolder shade of red. She never sought material power, just knowledge."

Then, turning to the priest she states.
"I Auriferous affirm to conduct myself in a good and proper manner and to endeavour to avoid bringing ill repute upon the Church of Abadar."

She then adds. "If you could provide a list of subsidiaries that you feel might be relevant, that would be helpful."

Grand Lodge

LN Male Dwarf Wizard (Conjurer) 11 Init +8 | HP 101/101 | AC16 T12, FF14 | Fort +12, Ref +10, Will +13, Dwarf +2 | CMD 15 | Perception+25, Sense Motive +20
Buffs:
MA, Overland Flight, Heroism
Resources:
Acid Dart 11|11, PoP 2/2, Arcane Bond Unused, Dimensional Steps 330|330, Reroll: Used
| Conditions:

Alonso has been floating along behind the group, studying the architecture, apparently too absorbed to pay much attention. As the strange device is lifted out he floats over to it, cooing slightly. My, my, how interesting, may I examine it? he asks. How does it work, when and where was it made, who crafted this ingenious little device, how will it return us from Axis in the event of trouble, where did you acquire it from...

He pauses,Oh my, so many questions, I am quite distrcted I am afraid. Yes of course I, Alonso Gallonica, agree to your terms and conditions. I am sure everything will be fine. Have you noticed anyone trying to spy on you recently, Sorrina seems a bit concerned about that...

Sense motive: 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (15) + 18 = 33
Alonso is curious as to how this cleric reacts to the suggestion people are being spied upon


maps & images for The Unseen Inclusion | maps & images for The Sanos Abduction | Maps & Images-Tapestry's Trial

Keeper Ferqyr sighs, pointedly ignoring the dwarf's questions and comments, impatiently awaiting affirmation of acceptance from all Pathfinders present to the terms agreed to between the temple of Abadar and the Pathfinder Society.

Alonso:
Alonso definitely senses both annoyance and a bit of resentment. All the Councilwoman seems keen to do is wrap up this transaction and get on with her day. Time is gold, and the slow-tongued pathfinders are wasting hers.

The Exchange

Spot:
Animal Reptile 7 | AC 20 (28)| T 13 | FF 16 | HP: 51/51 | CMD 26 | Fort +8 | Ref +8 ev | Will +3 * | Perception +5*
Male Human Ranger 10 | AC 22 | T 18 | FF 17 | HP: 103/103 | CMD 30 | Fort +12 | Ref +17 ev | Will +11 | Init +9 | Perception +21

"I of course agree to the terms."

Ragnar takes a quick look at the contract if allowed but presumably nothing is hidden.

Grand Lodge

LN Male Dwarf Wizard (Conjurer) 11 Init +8 | HP 101/101 | AC16 T12, FF14 | Fort +12, Ref +10, Will +13, Dwarf +2 | CMD 15 | Perception+25, Sense Motive +20
Buffs:
MA, Overland Flight, Heroism
Resources:
Acid Dart 11|11, PoP 2/2, Arcane Bond Unused, Dimensional Steps 330|330, Reroll: Used
| Conditions:

If the woman ignores his questions then Alonso quietly mutters a simple detect magic cantrip and starts to examine the strange device to determine its properties.

I am sure you wont mind me checking its provenance will you

Dipplomacy: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (7) + 14 = 21
Spellcraft: 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (10) + 18 = 28


maps & images for The Unseen Inclusion | maps & images for The Sanos Abduction | Maps & Images-Tapestry's Trial

The paladin not holding the sculpture forcibly jostles Alonso, interrupting his casting. His voice rises in anger "We most certainly would--"

Keeper of the Vaults Jostlyn Ferqyr interrupts in a quiet voice that cuts to the bone.
"Enough of this nonsense. How dare you attempt to cast magics within one of our most holy of vaults! If this is how you would behave here, clearly the Church of Abadar needs to reconsider this contract, indeed any such contract with the Society of Pathfinders. As if you could be trusted to act responsibly while traveling in your time of need under the aegis of Our Church."
Her professional demeanor begins to slip, and her voice increases in volume and shrillness.
"How many times has this city's very existence been threatened by your reckless Society? And now you seek to defile our inner sanctum..."
She starts to rapidly mutter to herself under her breath.
"If only I could figure out how Sorrina keeps cheating at cards, but that stony face of hers is impossible to read--"
she pauses, shakes her head, and then takes a deep breath.

"My good dwarf, if you could simply keep quiet until your friends affirm their vow, we can put this all behind us quickly."

Alonso can't help but notice the paladin's hand now rests on the hilt of his blade. Had it been there before?

Grand Lodge

LN Male Dwarf Wizard (Conjurer) 11 Init +8 | HP 101/101 | AC16 T12, FF14 | Fort +12, Ref +10, Will +13, Dwarf +2 | CMD 15 | Perception+25, Sense Motive +20
Buffs:
MA, Overland Flight, Heroism
Resources:
Acid Dart 11|11, PoP 2/2, Arcane Bond Unused, Dimensional Steps 330|330, Reroll: Used
| Conditions:

Alonso's face turns equally stony,Madame, if your sanctum can be defiled by a simple detect magic cantrip then I fear for its safety as apparently it is enormously fragile. I would also remind you that our society has saved this City on many different occasions.

Alonso promptly launches into a history of the society's place in Absalom and the many threats it has protected it from. He pays no attention to interruptions from her, having entered educator mode. As he does so he gives a scholarly glare at the Paladin which suggests that he in particular should pay close attention as he seems in severe need of instruction.

Taking 10 on knowledge History for 32

The Exchange

HP 75/75; LoH 6/6 available (2d6); reroll @+4 0/1 avail; Smite 1/2; Wand CLW 48/50 Half Elf Paladin -4/Sorcerer-1/DDisciple-3; AC 34 (barkskin,SoF,Shield,haste) 23 (normal) (25 shielded and enlarged) (27 shielded) (29 shield&SoF); Fort +13; Ref +9; Will 13(+15 vs enchantments); Init +1; Perc +1; resist fire/5;electricity/10;

"Friends." interrupts Auriferous.

"These are fraught times, and we are all on edge. But let that not cause a rift between us."

She directs a stern eye to the priest and paladin. "We have a contract. We will honour that contract, as will your church."

In a lower voice she adds quite truthfully "I have never won a hand of cards against Sorrina either." with a low sigh.

The Exchange

Spot:
Animal Reptile 7 | AC 20 (28)| T 13 | FF 16 | HP: 51/51 | CMD 26 | Fort +8 | Ref +8 ev | Will +3 * | Perception +5*
Male Human Ranger 10 | AC 22 | T 18 | FF 17 | HP: 103/103 | CMD 30 | Fort +12 | Ref +17 ev | Will +11 | Init +9 | Perception +21

"The only way to win is not to play."

Ragnar glares at Alonso.

"Agree and abide by the contract or stay behind. If you can't behave here you will be a disaster when we reach a place with such strict laws."

Scarab Sages

Male Human Pala 5/SD 6 | AC 30(31) | T 16 | FF 27 (IUD) | HP: 71/97 | CMD 29 | Fort +14 | Ref +12 (eva) | Will +13 | Immune Dis, Fear;(+3 Saves/AC vs undead/constructs) | Init +2 | Perception +11 (Darkv)
Active Spells:
Haste
LoH 4/4 | Smite Evil 1/2 | SJ 80/80 | Def Roll 1/1

"AHA FRIENDS! It is good to see you all once again for adventure and the general doing of goodness!" Sir Godfrey comes barging into the vault led by another member of the Clergy to help him catch up. The paladin is practically resplendent in his shining silver armor marked up and down with the symbol the Dawnflower. He stands proudly in the center of the room, perhaps with a touch of pride and completely misses the tension currently flowing through the air.

"I was told to report here immediately for a mission of utter importance. Which is no surprise, and now I am here to help you cut through the veil of villainy to obtain our goal." He seems confused about the small city, but the clergyman that led him in whispers something into his ear and he nods in understanding. "As a paladin of Sarenrae I swear to uphold this oath and ensure that we behave in the most righteous of manners. Everyone shall have their moment for mercy!"

Grand Lodge

LN Male Dwarf Wizard (Conjurer) 11 Init +8 | HP 101/101 | AC16 T12, FF14 | Fort +12, Ref +10, Will +13, Dwarf +2 | CMD 15 | Perception+25, Sense Motive +20
Buffs:
MA, Overland Flight, Heroism
Resources:
Acid Dart 11|11, PoP 2/2, Arcane Bond Unused, Dimensional Steps 330|330, Reroll: Used
| Conditions:

Alonso harrumphs and promptly turns invisible, muttering something which sounds distinctly like "bloody god botherers".

Grand Lodge

LN Female Half-elf Druid 1/Monk 9 | AC 29, T 24, FF 25; +4 dodge vs. AoO | hp 93/93 | Fort +15, Ref +13, Will +17; +4 vs enchantment, +2 vs. charm & compulsion, +1 vs. earth & acid ; Improved Evasion; Immune disease, sleep | Init +9 | Percep +35 (LL) | CMD 32 (34 vs. grapple) | Ki 11/11, Storm Burst 8/8, Stunning Fist 9/9 | Chronicler 3/3, Nemesis 1/1 | Daredevil Boots 10/10, Reroll @+4 1/1 | Conditions: none

"I, Gwynnis Tilia-Faced, do so agree."

The Exchange

HP 75/75; LoH 6/6 available (2d6); reroll @+4 0/1 avail; Smite 1/2; Wand CLW 48/50 Half Elf Paladin -4/Sorcerer-1/DDisciple-3; AC 34 (barkskin,SoF,Shield,haste) 23 (normal) (25 shielded and enlarged) (27 shielded) (29 shield&SoF); Fort +13; Ref +9; Will 13(+15 vs enchantments); Init +1; Perc +1; resist fire/5;electricity/10;

"There you have it Keeper Ferqyr. We have each sworn a oath, now it is time for you to keep your side of the bargain." She smiles as sweetly as a massively tall and wide woman with ... very pointy teeth.. can do.

"I for one am looking forward to some time in a place of order. Absalom can be a little... hectic at times."

Grand Lodge

Male Dwarf Fighter 7/Cleric of Cayden Cailean 1 HP: 75/75 | AC 27 T:13 F: 25 CMD 24| F +12 R +6 W +10 (+2 vs Poison and Spells) | Senses: Darkvision 60 ft, Per +13 (+2 to notice unusual stonework) SM +2

Polanco looks thing over for himself despite the rest of the party identifying it.

Knowledge Arcana: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (3) + 14 = 17

Och yeah yeah, all that stuff ye said is true wae baem. He obviously bluffs as Aurifereous review the intelligence.

As fer me, I got no objections to abiding by yer rules. I mean, I'm gonna worship Cayden the whole time He says gesturing to his growler But i assures ye, I am a profeshunal.


maps & images for The Unseen Inclusion | maps & images for The Sanos Abduction | Maps & Images-Tapestry's Trial

GM stuff:
hmmm: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7

Alonso is somewhat surprised to find he's still visible as Keeper Ferqyr looks him pointedly in the eye, smiles and says, "Now that all parties have agreed to terms, place your hands upon the Golden City of Tuen. And remember, you will conduct yourselves as is befitting representatives of the Church of Abadar."

As all of you are about to touch the miniature city of gold, Ferqyr winks at Alonso and says, "Thrice Abadar's blessings upon you." You barely even touch the metal and you find yourselves transported.

Kn-Arcana DC:23:

Spellcraft DC:20:

After a few moments of a sense of weightlessness, you arrive in a second story reception room of what appears to be a guesthouse. There's a brief moment of panic as you don't see Alonso among you, but you quickly realize you were still touching his hand when you arrived: he must be invisible.

The reception room is tastefully decorated with ornate stone benches, tables, and chairs, and it overlooks an enormous circular plaza hosting a miles-wide expanse of colorful stalls that comprise one of the largest markets you have ever seen. From there waft the smells of spices, cooked meat, fresh fruits, and much more, and beings from across the multiverse are visible buying and selling all manner of goods. In the plaza to the right, you can see massive gates decorated with gold- and silver-traced murals. Standing atop the wall looms the Lawgiver, Abadar’s herald who takes the form of a fully armored warrior made of gold and steel. Clearly, this must be the city of Aktun, the center of the plane of Axis and domain of Abadar.
Ragnar, Palonzo, you’re not feeling too good. There’s something that just…off about this place.

Axis’ Planar Effects:

Because the plane of Axis is strongly law-aligned, some spells function differently there than elsewhere.
Additionally, creatures with non-lawful alignments take penalties from being on a plane of pure law.
Strongly Law-Aligned: Creatures who are not lawful aligned take a –2 penalty on all Intelligence-, Wisdom-, and Charisma-based checks.
Enhanced Magic: A spell or spell-like ability with the lawful descriptor functions as if its caster level were 2 higher.
Impeded Magic: To cast a spell or spell-like ability with the chaotic descriptor, a caster must attempt a concentration check (DC = 20 + the level of the spell). If the check fails, the spell does not function but is still lost as a prepared spell or spell slot. If the check succeeds, the spell functions normally.

Information on Axis' Planar Effects is also located on Slide #3

The reception room’s only occupant is miniature draft horse ”Medium” size, with dark blue metallic skin, golden eyes, and a white star-shaped patch on her forehead. She prances a bit excitedly at the sight of you, though it’s quickly tempered when she sees Ragnar and Polanco’s discomfort, and it looks directly at Alonso and narrows its eyes suspiciously.

Kn-Planes DC:14:
It is an Orsheval, a LN medium Outsider native to Axis, typically divine servitors of Abadar. Feel free to ask any of the usual questions for each interval of 5 that you beat the DC.

She speaks, and each of you hear her in your native tongue. ”Greetings, travelers from Golarion. May Abadar’s blessings be upon you thricely. I am Esfir, and it is my honor to welcome visitors to Axis.” As she begins to take in the party, her eyes widen in surprise when she sees Sir Godfrey, and then narrows as she looks more closely at all of you.
”Of course, our visitors are usually Abadarans…in fact, they're always Abadarans...this is his home.” She seems at a bit of a loss, and quite skittish, especially with regard to Alonso, Sir Godfrey, Polanco, and Ragnar.

Grand Lodge

Male Dwarf Fighter 7/Cleric of Cayden Cailean 1 HP: 75/75 | AC 27 T:13 F: 25 CMD 24| F +12 R +6 W +10 (+2 vs Poison and Spells) | Senses: Darkvision 60 ft, Per +13 (+2 to notice unusual stonework) SM +2

Polanco feeling like he's gone on just the worst bender ever nods at the pony. Argh lad can ye point me to the little dwarves room. Or maybe the Ruby Phoenix herself?

The Exchange

HP 75/75; LoH 6/6 available (2d6); reroll @+4 0/1 avail; Smite 1/2; Wand CLW 48/50 Half Elf Paladin -4/Sorcerer-1/DDisciple-3; AC 34 (barkskin,SoF,Shield,haste) 23 (normal) (25 shielded and enlarged) (27 shielded) (29 shield&SoF); Fort +13; Ref +9; Will 13(+15 vs enchantments); Init +1; Perc +1; resist fire/5;electricity/10;

Auriferous offers the ...horse.. a small bow.
"Good Esfir, I am Auriferous. We have important work here, and the church of Abadar was contracted to provide the transport. We search for Hao Jin as my companion mention. However we have also been tasked with not upsetting any of the subsiduries of the church of Abadar here... however we were not told what they might be. Would you be able to fill us in on them?"

Scarab Sages

Male Human Pala 5/SD 6 | AC 30(31) | T 16 | FF 27 (IUD) | HP: 71/97 | CMD 29 | Fort +14 | Ref +12 (eva) | Will +13 | Immune Dis, Fear;(+3 Saves/AC vs undead/constructs) | Init +2 | Perception +11 (Darkv)
Active Spells:
Haste
LoH 4/4 | Smite Evil 1/2 | SJ 80/80 | Def Roll 1/1

Sir Godfrey stands perfectly still for a slightly awkward length of time after the transportation ends save for moving to set his hands on his hips. Once he feels sufficiently oriented he beams, almost literally, over towards the horse... thing. "Greetings and blessings of the Dawnflower upon you Esfir! Me and my grand friends apologize for the disruption. As Auriferous has said, the church of Abadar has agreed to an exchange of services."

He taps himself on the chest. "And they have serviced with a way to visit Axis! Thank you for meeting us, new friend. But as my companion mentioned, we are looking for Hao Jin! She is quite famous." Sir Godfrey doesn't really appreciate how large a plane can be.

Grand Lodge

LN Male Dwarf Wizard (Conjurer) 11 Init +8 | HP 101/101 | AC16 T12, FF14 | Fort +12, Ref +10, Will +13, Dwarf +2 | CMD 15 | Perception+25, Sense Motive +20
Buffs:
MA, Overland Flight, Heroism
Resources:
Acid Dart 11|11, PoP 2/2, Arcane Bond Unused, Dimensional Steps 330|330, Reroll: Used
| Conditions:

Alonso sighs a little at the priestesses use of invisibility purge. Bloody clerics he mutters as they are plane shifted across the cosmos.

He cannot fail either of those checks

As they appear on the other side he drops invisibility and bows to the strange horse creature.

Planes: 1d20 + 22 ⇒ (1) + 22 = 23
Tell me something interestesing that might help us deal with this creature

Greetings friend Esfir, what my companions have managed to neglect, no doubt in their inexperience with planar travel, is that we are members of the Pathfinder Society. My name is Alonso Gallonica, foremost Dwarven Wizard of Absalom and specialist in ancient history. We are seeking the famed Hao Jin as an object she once owned has become dangerously unstable and threatens the lives of many thousands of beings. Would you be ware of her current location? We are in quite a hurry, the situation is pressing.

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (20) + 14 = 34


maps & images for The Unseen Inclusion | maps & images for The Sanos Abduction | Maps & Images-Tapestry's Trial

Auriferous diplo: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (15) + 14 = 29
Godfrey diplo aid: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (16) + 3 = 19

Alonso:
An orsheval is a patient, hard-working servitor.
Accustomed to bearing heavy loads and vulnerable riders, an orsheval fulfills its duties without complaint, glad to contribute to the long-term goals of its master. Its iron body shines with light, and it uses this natural glow to lead allies or continue work long into the night. Although only the size of ponies, orshevals can look like miniature, sculpted versions of full-grown horses of any kind, but most prefer the shape of a sturdy draft horse or warhorse.
An orsheval is as intelligent as a typical human and quite familiar with the nature of trade, bargaining, and spotting liars and cheats. Many arrogant mortals have ignored or insulted orshevals, thinking them dumb beasts, only to have the servitors chastise them using truespeech. When dealing with such people, an orsheval might become as stubborn as a true horse, relenting only if the offender apologizes and makes appropriate financial restitution to the church.

Your words soon calm the skittish horse. "Ah, so the Church of Abadar in Golarion did send you. Interesting choice of emissaries. I have heard Golarion is a bit disorderly and ... eclectic." With a slight shake of its mane, her confident, cheery disposition is restored.

"Well then, allow me to repeat my welcome. You asked about Hao Jin, also known as the Ruby Phoenix. Hmm, hmmm...I have heard that name, though not for some time. Come, we can investigate.”

She leads you to a reception desk on the ground floor where she consults a large registration book, turning pages with mage hand. At last she reaches a very old entry and says, “Here: Hao Jin, a sorcerer of considerable power arrived 333 years ago, after which there’s no formal record of her having departed. This designation here indicates she received formal reprimand from the Eternal City soon afterward, and the last entry points to her performing research in the Empty Court as a guest of the axiomites."
She stops reading and looks up, seeing a few blank looks on the party's faces.
"The Empty Court was the divine realm of Aroden. When he mysteriously perished more than a century ago, it began to collapse. Be careful, as it is no longer part of Axis and does not benefit from the Eternal City’s protection. There are numerous forms of accelerated transportation in Axis, including a host of gateways for public use. I can lead you to the most convenient one, which should take you to within sight of the Empty Court. If Axis can be said to be one thing, it is efficient. Are you ready to depart on this urgent matter?”

Grand Lodge

Male Dwarf Fighter 7/Cleric of Cayden Cailean 1 HP: 75/75 | AC 27 T:13 F: 25 CMD 24| F +12 R +6 W +10 (+2 vs Poison and Spells) | Senses: Darkvision 60 ft, Per +13 (+2 to notice unusual stonework) SM +2

Polanco - positively pale from how beatly ordered things are nods his assenr Yeah ah would prefer not to tarry.

The Exchange

Spot:
Animal Reptile 7 | AC 20 (28)| T 13 | FF 16 | HP: 51/51 | CMD 26 | Fort +8 | Ref +8 ev | Will +3 * | Perception +5*
Male Human Ranger 10 | AC 22 | T 18 | FF 17 | HP: 103/103 | CMD 30 | Fort +12 | Ref +17 ev | Will +11 | Init +9 | Perception +21

Ragnar keeps an eye out for trade opportunities.

"That would help yes."

Grand Lodge

LN Male Dwarf Wizard (Conjurer) 11 Init +8 | HP 101/101 | AC16 T12, FF14 | Fort +12, Ref +10, Will +13, Dwarf +2 | CMD 15 | Perception+25, Sense Motive +20
Buffs:
MA, Overland Flight, Heroism
Resources:
Acid Dart 11|11, PoP 2/2, Arcane Bond Unused, Dimensional Steps 330|330, Reroll: Used
| Conditions:

Alonso reads along with Esfir. That would be most generous of you. Can you tell us anything of the local conditions in this Empty Court? Would it be perissable for us to cast some spells before entering in case of local...trouble?

Before entering the Empty Court Alonso will make various preparations. He keeps up extended Mage Armour along with Overland Flight. Assuming there is no issue beofre entering he casts shield, mirror image (1d4 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5 images), extended heroism and reactivates his ring of invisibility

The Exchange

HP 75/75; LoH 6/6 available (2d6); reroll @+4 0/1 avail; Smite 1/2; Wand CLW 48/50 Half Elf Paladin -4/Sorcerer-1/DDisciple-3; AC 34 (barkskin,SoF,Shield,haste) 23 (normal) (25 shielded and enlarged) (27 shielded) (29 shield&SoF); Fort +13; Ref +9; Will 13(+15 vs enchantments); Init +1; Perc +1; resist fire/5;electricity/10;

"And... good Esfir.. does it say what the Ruby Phoenix was reprimand ed for doing, and what if any sanctions were held against her?" asks Auriferous.

"Could it be a co-incidence that both the fabric of the tapestry and that of the Empty Court are both unravelling? "


maps & images for The Unseen Inclusion | maps & images for The Sanos Abduction | Maps & Images-Tapestry's Trial

Esfir says the registry merely mentions Hao Jin was reprimanded, providing no details.

She then guides you out into the Eternal Emporium (the vast market), trotting along several streets at a brisk pace.

Gwynnis, Alonso & Ragnar:
You have a vague, uneasy feeling like you're being watched, but it is impossible to spot any one creature paying attention to you as you hustle along amid the miasma of sights, sounds and creatures that make up the Eternal Emporium.

Esfir soon leads you into a small rotunda where a semicircular wall partially encloses a fountain. Seven arches in the wall each have a lantern that hangs nearby, with flames that ignite and extinguish for a minute at a time. While the flame burns, creatures periodically walk into the arches and disappear, and while a given flame is out, creatures sometimes step out from that arch. This is one of numerous permanent sets of portals, each of which travels to a distant part of Axis. Esfir makes for the rightmost arch, and a petitioner serving as the rotunda’s custodian briefly tries to warn her about that portal before she waves the petitioner off.

She turns to you and explains, "This portal doesn’t see much use anymore, but it travels to within sight of the Empty Court. Feel free to call upon me if you should need any directions or guidance in the Eternal City in the future. And may Abadar thrice bless your travels." With a nod of her head, she turns and heads back toward the reception house.

I believe it was at this point where Alonso wanted to cast a bunch more buffs (overland flight and mage armor already being in place). Anyone else before stepping through?

GM stuff:
Perception Gwynnis: 1d20 + 35 ⇒ (12) + 35 = 47
Perception Alonso: 1d20 + 23 ⇒ (14) + 23 = 37, +2 stonework, +2 with heroism
Perception Ragnar: 1d20 + 21 ⇒ (13) + 21 = 34 +4 urban +2 underground/dungeon +6 vs Human +2 vs Undead +2 vs Evil Outsiders
Perception Spot1d20+5[/dice: 1d1d20 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3
Perception Polanco: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (14) + 13 = 27
Perception Sir Godfrey: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (9) + 11 = 20

Grand Lodge

LN Male Dwarf Wizard (Conjurer) 11 Init +8 | HP 101/101 | AC16 T12, FF14 | Fort +12, Ref +10, Will +13, Dwarf +2 | CMD 15 | Perception+25, Sense Motive +20
Buffs:
MA, Overland Flight, Heroism
Resources:
Acid Dart 11|11, PoP 2/2, Arcane Bond Unused, Dimensional Steps 330|330, Reroll: Used
| Conditions:

Alonso bows respectfully to Esfir, Thank you for your assistance, I shall be sure to mentin how helpful you have been in my report to the servants of Abadar.

With that he does indeed cast a number of protective spells around himself. You can never be too careful, especially when you are as old and frail as I am. I suggest we be prepared for trouble, just in case

The Exchange

HP 75/75; LoH 6/6 available (2d6); reroll @+4 0/1 avail; Smite 1/2; Wand CLW 48/50 Half Elf Paladin -4/Sorcerer-1/DDisciple-3; AC 34 (barkskin,SoF,Shield,haste) 23 (normal) (25 shielded and enlarged) (27 shielded) (29 shield&SoF); Fort +13; Ref +9; Will 13(+15 vs enchantments); Init +1; Perc +1; resist fire/5;electricity/10;

Passing through the market, Auriferous keeps her eyes open for any good prospects.
Just some FJC fluff to see if I can get a good business lead
merchant DC23: 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (4) + 18 = 22 Bah, I'm sure there will be other opportunities...

But just as she thinks she sees one, the guide urges the team on.

"Thank you Esfir. I must admit, I'm unfamiliar with the triple blessing of Abadar, but I've heard it invoked a number of times in the last hour or so. Could you tell me about it before we head in there?"

Grand Lodge

LN Female Half-elf Druid 1/Monk 9 | AC 29, T 24, FF 25; +4 dodge vs. AoO | hp 93/93 | Fort +15, Ref +13, Will +17; +4 vs enchantment, +2 vs. charm & compulsion, +1 vs. earth & acid ; Improved Evasion; Immune disease, sleep | Init +9 | Percep +35 (LL) | CMD 32 (34 vs. grapple) | Ki 11/11, Storm Burst 8/8, Stunning Fist 9/9 | Chronicler 3/3, Nemesis 1/1 | Daredevil Boots 10/10, Reroll @+4 1/1 | Conditions: none

As soon as everyone passes through the portal, Gwynnis says, "Somebody was following us back in the market. I wasn't able to see who."

The Exchange

Spot:
Animal Reptile 7 | AC 20 (28)| T 13 | FF 16 | HP: 51/51 | CMD 26 | Fort +8 | Ref +8 ev | Will +3 * | Perception +5*
Male Human Ranger 10 | AC 22 | T 18 | FF 17 | HP: 103/103 | CMD 30 | Fort +12 | Ref +17 ev | Will +11 | Init +9 | Perception +21

Forgot to do this before we came through.

"Agreed."

Ragnar will use a lesser Extend Rod to cast Greater Magic Fang on Spot's bite and Longstrider on Spot.

"Barkskin or wait?"

Scarab Sages

Male Human Pala 5/SD 6 | AC 30(31) | T 16 | FF 27 (IUD) | HP: 71/97 | CMD 29 | Fort +14 | Ref +12 (eva) | Will +13 | Immune Dis, Fear;(+3 Saves/AC vs undead/constructs) | Init +2 | Perception +11 (Darkv)
Active Spells:
Haste
LoH 4/4 | Smite Evil 1/2 | SJ 80/80 | Def Roll 1/1

"Thank you for the assistance, small horse!" Godfrey calls out while waving to their departing guide. He makes no efforts to prepare, as the few things he may do last on a very short while. Once on the other side and Gwynnis gives her warning he sets a hand to his great sword, but doesn't draw it just yet.

He was smart enough to know they were still about Axis, and who knew the laws for drawing a weapon? Best be proper about it. "Being watched could mean many things, friends. If we jump too early we may waste resources, we have no idea how far we might need to travel to reach where Hao Jin is. We should keep our eyes open, however!"


maps & images for The Unseen Inclusion | maps & images for The Sanos Abduction | Maps & Images-Tapestry's Trial

Esfyr's nimbus flares with her excitement, as she begins to explain to Auriferous, her banter only matched by her canter."It would be my pleasure. As our lord laid out in The Book of Numbers, three is the first of the odd prime numbers, and carries much weight. Many of our prayers and deific obediences center around the number three..." Her discussion of the significance of the number 3 to the faith of Abadar proceeds unabated for the entire time it took you to reach the courtyard with the teleportation arches, and the disappointment in her truespeech is palpable when you reach your destination.

Polanco, anything you want to cast/prep before stepping through?


maps & images for The Unseen Inclusion | maps & images for The Sanos Abduction | Maps & Images-Tapestry's Trial

Polanco, if there are any standard buffs you would normally cast before entering the portal, we'll just retroactively add them. Just mention them at the start of your next post.

You step through the indicated archway once its lantern shines again, and you find yourself stretched and crushed and distorted, teleporting across some unknown distance, landing in what appears to be an abandoned neighborhood. Several hundred feet to the east, you see a large golden wall with an entrance guarded by two imposing creatures standing on three legs, with a body like three torsos fused together. These torsos are topped with a single head bearing three faces, each set in a bland, serene expression. They hold golden halberds. Beyond the guarded entrance, you see a wasteland of dust and ruins.

Kn-Planes DC:25:
They are Axial Monitors, LN Large outsider (extraplanar, lawful). Feel free to ask a question for each 5 that your check exceeds 25.

Grand Lodge

LN Male Dwarf Wizard (Conjurer) 11 Init +8 | HP 101/101 | AC16 T12, FF14 | Fort +12, Ref +10, Will +13, Dwarf +2 | CMD 15 | Perception+25, Sense Motive +20
Buffs:
MA, Overland Flight, Heroism
Resources:
Acid Dart 11|11, PoP 2/2, Arcane Bond Unused, Dimensional Steps 330|330, Reroll: Used
| Conditions:

Alonso peers over at the distant creatures, pushing his spectacles down his nose.

My, my, Axial Monitors, I wonder what they are doing here.

Planes, heroism, mw tool reference book: 1d20 + 22 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 22 + 2 + 2 = 46

I am happy for you to tell us four useful things about them. One thing I always generally like to know is senses.

The Exchange

HP 75/75; LoH 6/6 available (2d6); reroll @+4 0/1 avail; Smite 1/2; Wand CLW 48/50 Half Elf Paladin -4/Sorcerer-1/DDisciple-3; AC 34 (barkskin,SoF,Shield,haste) 23 (normal) (25 shielded and enlarged) (27 shielded) (29 shield&SoF); Fort +13; Ref +9; Will 13(+15 vs enchantments); Init +1; Perc +1; resist fire/5;electricity/10;

Auriferous stretches her shoulders, working out the kinks.
"Is everyone okay? That was ... uncomfortable. I don't think it will ever become a popular means of transport." notes the knight.

"They don't appear immediately hostile. Perhaps we should avoid drawing weapons until we know otherwise. No sense in provoking them if we don't have to."

Grand Lodge

LN Male Dwarf Wizard (Conjurer) 11 Init +8 | HP 101/101 | AC16 T12, FF14 | Fort +12, Ref +10, Will +13, Dwarf +2 | CMD 15 | Perception+25, Sense Motive +20
Buffs:
MA, Overland Flight, Heroism
Resources:
Acid Dart 11|11, PoP 2/2, Arcane Bond Unused, Dimensional Steps 330|330, Reroll: Used
| Conditions:

Alonso drops his invisibility and looks over to Auri. Oh dearie, with me around you had best get used to it he says with a mischievious smirk.


maps & images for The Unseen Inclusion | maps & images for The Sanos Abduction | Maps & Images-Tapestry's Trial

for Alonso's Knowledge check:
- Senses: Darkvision, Blindsight, True Seeing
- moderate DR overcome by Chaotic;
- Immune disease, electricity, mind-affecting
effects; moderate Resistance to cold & fire
- SR high

Grand Lodge

LN Male Dwarf Wizard (Conjurer) 11 Init +8 | HP 101/101 | AC16 T12, FF14 | Fort +12, Ref +10, Will +13, Dwarf +2 | CMD 15 | Perception+25, Sense Motive +20
Buffs:
MA, Overland Flight, Heroism
Resources:
Acid Dart 11|11, PoP 2/2, Arcane Bond Unused, Dimensional Steps 330|330, Reroll: Used
| Conditions:

Alonso provides an exceptionally dull impromptu lecture to the group on the qualities of Axial Monitors. He spends an inordinate amount of time on how they form, their place in the cosmos, their habits, society and ecology adding in issues that might be relevant to any conflict almost as an afterthought.

During his lecture he pays careful note to whether or not Sir Godfrey is paying attention. This could save your life, or more importantly, mine Godfrey, so pay attention

Scarab Sages

Male Human Pala 5/SD 6 | AC 30(31) | T 16 | FF 27 (IUD) | HP: 71/97 | CMD 29 | Fort +14 | Ref +12 (eva) | Will +13 | Immune Dis, Fear;(+3 Saves/AC vs undead/constructs) | Init +2 | Perception +11 (Darkv)
Active Spells:
Haste
LoH 4/4 | Smite Evil 1/2 | SJ 80/80 | Def Roll 1/1

Sir Godfrey looks like he was about to inform Auriferous to get used to sudden transports with Alonso around, but the dwarf beats him to it and his jaw snaps shut. As Alonso is giving his heavily detailed discourse on Axial Monitors Sir Godfrey has already begun to check out, eyes examining the area around them for signs of threat, or just anything more interesting.

Like a lovely fire.

When Alonso calls for his attention his head snaps back around. "Worry not, friend. We shall smite that which needs smiting, but these look merely like guards! We should greet them in glory, they may know where Hao Jin is!"

And Godfrey moves off to do just that, marching near silently down the path towards the monitors. "Excuse me, noble sirs! We are here looking for Hao Jin! The Ruby Phoenix! Could you point us in her direction? We were told she was in the area and wish to discuss grand matters with her!" Or Alonso did, Godfrey likely couldn't follow the discussion.


maps & images for The Unseen Inclusion | maps & images for The Sanos Abduction | Maps & Images-Tapestry's Trial

As you approach the gate, with deep, metallic voices the 2 axial monitors say in unison, "Please halt. State your intentions. Why do you seek admittance into the Empty Court?"

At the mention of Hao Jin, again in unison, they say, "Please wait. We are not authorized to discuss this matter. We will summon the appropriate authority. Your cooperation and patience is required by law."

One of them immediately begins casting a spell...a spell that takes ten minutes to cast.

Spellcraft DC 20:

The Exchange

HP 75/75; LoH 6/6 available (2d6); reroll @+4 0/1 avail; Smite 1/2; Wand CLW 48/50 Half Elf Paladin -4/Sorcerer-1/DDisciple-3; AC 34 (barkskin,SoF,Shield,haste) 23 (normal) (25 shielded and enlarged) (27 shielded) (29 shield&SoF); Fort +13; Ref +9; Will 13(+15 vs enchantments); Init +1; Perc +1; resist fire/5;electricity/10;

Auri moves up next to the impetuous Sir Godfrey.

"Well... let us hope this is not something that takes multiple mortal life times to arrive." she says, wryly.

"Have you noticed that our time seems to be spent willingly by others?"

Grand Lodge

LN Male Dwarf Wizard (Conjurer) 11 Init +8 | HP 101/101 | AC16 T12, FF14 | Fort +12, Ref +10, Will +13, Dwarf +2 | CMD 15 | Perception+25, Sense Motive +20
Buffs:
MA, Overland Flight, Heroism
Resources:
Acid Dart 11|11, PoP 2/2, Arcane Bond Unused, Dimensional Steps 330|330, Reroll: Used
| Conditions:

With Heroism Alonso cannot fail that spellcrraft check

Not to worry, they are just using a sending spell, wont take more than a few minutes, although it may cost me some of my preparations he says with a little sigh.

Turnning to the Axial Monitors he says, Yes, yes, we will wait while you contact your boss. Are we allowed to know who this person is and why you cannot talk about the situation?

1 to 50 of 284 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / [Outpost II] PFS #10-15: Tapestry's Trial [CORE][GM Uktar] All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.