Tales of the Demon Lord

Game Master Brainiac

Battle Maps on Google Slides


2,751 to 2,800 of 2,989 << first < prev | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | next > last >>

Male Faun Level 9 Hunter/Ranger/Acrobat | S11, A14, I13, W10 | Health 51 | Damage 24 | D16 | Move: 16 | Perc 16 | Insanity: 2 | Corruption: 0 | NR: 2/2 | Fortune: Yes | Status: Normal

Someone start searching the town for anything useful, Sel says, I'll deal with this guy.

Mr Reed! Sel says, as he steps forward. A pleasure to meet you; I am Selgaer. You say this is the work of demons - what else can you tell us? Do you know where it went? Did you witness anything? Please, any information you can give will help me on my investigation.


6 3 2 2 1 1 Master Magician/Witch/Trickster 10 (F) | S9, A13, I12 (w/coin), W13 | HP 31/31| Power 5 | Defense 14 | Insanity 3 | Fortune: No | Move: 10 | Status: Normal, definitely human

Perception: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (19) + 3 = 22

Joy whispers to the group before moving ahead:

"I think he has armour under that shirt."

The young witch flies up near the figure, now that there are a few of the group near by.

"Hello, Mister Reed. I'm Joy, Joy Summers."

She turns to Sel and the others.

"I plan to scout from above. Does anyone want a lift?"


Female Cambion Gallant/Assassin/Fencer Level 9 | S11 A13 I13 W10 | Hlth: 44 | Dmg: 0 | Def: 20 | Mv: 10 | Pwr: 0 | Insanity: 0 | Corruption: 2 | Fort: Yes | Status: Normal

"Am I now? Now where's me manners? Oh, don't have any. Sorry -- I'm Seraphina. Pisslicker. Of Azūl."

Turning to Dramm, she lowers her voice as she speaks out of the side of her mouth. "An' there ye go, more information. We good?"

When Sel comes forward and takes over, Sera nods to him and then moves to a body, kneeling over it as she checks for the cause of death. In her line of work, she's gotten pretty good at that.


Lvl 10 Human Exorcist| HP 39/40| Defense 12 | Strain: 0 | Fortune: No | Strength 13, Agility 12, Intelligence 10, Wisdom 14| Move: 10 | Insanity: 0 | Corruption: 2 | Power: 5 | Status: Normal

Dramm gives Seraphina a noncommittal shrug.

"I was hoping for something more exciting. Maybe with fire or shadows? Was curious about the tools at your disposal. Never met someone like you. Got excited."

His attention turns away from the diminutive half devil and to the strange old man, Mr. Shen.

"What are you doing in Oblivion? It sounds like you arrived after the killing. You don't sound surprised to hear about demons either."


Revenant Rogue/Fighter/Weapon Master | S10, A14, I13, W11 | HP 37/48 | D16+1 | Move:10 | Insanity: 5 | Corruption: 0 | Fortune: Spent | Status: Alive

Mr.Reed laughs when the faun finishes talking. His response is teasing, "You are quite well dressed for a watchman, Mr.Selgaer. Are these fellows your entourage?"

As Joy flies up to them, the old man watches with some genuine surprise. "You can fly, Joy!? My, my, and *koff* at such a young age! You must be quite the talented caster!"

Dramm interrupts the geezer's musings rather quickly though. Reed refocuses, this time on the mousey man. His eyes narrow slightly, before softening again. "Hm, you're a direct one aren't you? I suppose it isn't too much to ask. I was called here by the Father, I'm *koff* a priest... after a fashion. "

The easy smile slides back onto the old man's face."And one of my duties is to see these bodies buried, though I suppose our meeting here was no accident. Care to give an old man a hand? Some of these poor unfortunates are like to get back up, if not properly taken care of."


Male Faun Level 9 Hunter/Ranger/Acrobat | S11, A14, I13, W10 | Health 51 | Damage 24 | D16 | Move: 16 | Perc 16 | Insanity: 2 | Corruption: 0 | NR: 2/2 | Fortune: Yes | Status: Normal

A priest! What a welcome surprise, Sel says, with genuine warmth in his voice. We would absolutely love to help you, but I'm afraid it might have to wait a few more hours. That demon you spoke of? We hunt it. It's right up there in that peak, Sel accentuates his words by pointing at the Spear, or so my investigation has led me to believe.

He sighs a moment, looking around, But you're right. These bodies leave me with a saddened heart - such carnage, such a waste. Sel's words seem to be a bit more elaborate these days; his political training with his brother is starting to show through. But we need to defeat the demon before it can wreck more havoc. Once that task is done, I will personally help dig the Graves or build the pyres, which ever their religious faith calls for.

Would you care to join us? A priest would be a welcome addition to our cause. One may note the difference of how Sel treats this new stranger compared to the last two - and that difference may lie in how they became acquainted.


Male Human Level 10 / S 11, A 11, I 14, W, 12/(-1 bane) HP: 38, Damage: 0, Perception 14 (+3 boons), Defense 15- Currently (21), Move 10, Insanity 1, Corruption 5, Sorcerers Strain (5), Status: (Normal) Fortune: Yes Bonus Fortune (1)

"Hold a minute, Joy. I'll join you in scouting around in a minute. I realize I haven't had a chance to fly yet." he says to the young witch before turning his attention to the older man.

"Well it's certainly good to see a... priest, in these parts." he eyes the newcomer up and down skeptically. "My name is Imedren... and I'm afraid our guide is correct though, time is not our friend here. We've learned there is a demon within a fortress which is attempting to tear open a portal to the Void, and we intend to stop it. Imedren stops and clicks his tongue with a sigh of exasperation. "But tell me what you think, Mr. Reed. Should we head to the Spear and stop the demon which caused the carnage of Oblivion? Or is your heart set upon burying these these unfortunate souls as we could be the last ones to offer this to them?"


Male Faun Level 9 Hunter/Ranger/Acrobat | S11, A14, I13, W10 | Health 51 | Damage 24 | D16 | Move: 16 | Perc 16 | Insanity: 2 | Corruption: 0 | NR: 2/2 | Fortune: Yes | Status: Normal

You literally just asked the same thing I did, you know, Sel says to sorcerer now standing next to him. Did you just come over here to be an ass, or were you genuinely trying to add to the conversation?


6 3 2 2 1 1 Master Magician/Witch/Trickster 10 (F) | S9, A13, I12 (w/coin), W13 | HP 31/31| Power 5 | Defense 14 | Insanity 3 | Fortune: No | Move: 10 | Status: Normal, definitely human

Joy smiles at Shen's words and replies:

"It's nice to meet you, Mister Shen. We really should hurry though. We've an extremely dangerous demon to deal with. Sure thing, Im, hop on!"


Lvl 10 Human Exorcist| HP 39/40| Defense 12 | Strain: 0 | Fortune: No | Strength 13, Agility 12, Intelligence 10, Wisdom 14| Move: 10 | Insanity: 0 | Corruption: 2 | Power: 5 | Status: Normal

Dramm nods at Shen's response. Selgaer's warm welcome eases his tension, but not entirely. Something seemed odd about an old man traveling the countryside on his own to demon-infested forts and places of carnage. Perhaps it was the way he carried himself despite the persistent cough, or the ease of his smile in this place.

The 'Father' must be a harsh taskmaster if Shen is this steady amidst death. Dramm mused to himself. The gods weren't easy on Imedren either.


Imedren and Joy scout the area from above, but it doesn’t seem like anything dangerous is lurking nearby. Halfway up the slope of the Spear, the pair can spot the distant shape of Sunionius Roo’s former stronghold perched on the treacherous mountainside. You will likely reach it with a few more hours’ travel.


6 3 2 2 1 1 Master Magician/Witch/Trickster 10 (F) | S9, A13, I12 (w/coin), W13 | HP 31/31| Power 5 | Defense 14 | Insanity 3 | Fortune: No | Move: 10 | Status: Normal, definitely human

Joy turns to Imedren:

"Looks like a lot of nothing dangerous right now. I'll bring us back down to the others and see if they've found anything."

***************

Once back on the ground, Joy makes it a priority to let the others know where and how far away is the old stronghold.

"Roo, do you know of anything on the way that might have lasted all this time? Old defenses, trees, that sort of thing?"


”The path to the the stronghold crosses over a deep ravine. There was a bridge in my time, but it may have fallen into disrepair. The fortress itself has a gate flanked by two turrets with arrow slits. Beyond that, I don’t think there is anything else.”


Lvl 10 Human Exorcist| HP 39/40| Defense 12 | Strain: 0 | Fortune: No | Strength 13, Agility 12, Intelligence 10, Wisdom 14| Move: 10 | Insanity: 0 | Corruption: 2 | Power: 5 | Status: Normal

"You are more familiar with demonic minds, Roo. There were people missing from the town. Not enough bodies. Could this demon have recruited or controlled them to mount defenses? Summoned more of its kind after the bloodshed? I am hoping we have only the beast itself to deal with."

Dramm glances occasionally at Reed. A normal man might pale thinking that a host of demons could be prowling the mountain now. Dramm got the feeling Mr. Reed would not.


Revenant Rogue/Fighter/Weapon Master | S10, A14, I13, W11 | HP 37/48 | D16+1 | Move:10 | Insanity: 5 | Corruption: 0 | Fortune: Spent | Status: Alive

The old man laughs good-naturedly as the others argue in front of him. "Seems like you know more than I do." he lied, "I suppose there's no point in burying those killed by demons if the demons *koff* stick around to cause more. Shall we go?"

Not bothering to wait for a reply, the elderly man begins walking towards the mountain. He uses the staff to support himself but keeps a brisk walking pace.


Male Faun Level 9 Hunter/Ranger/Acrobat | S11, A14, I13, W10 | Health 51 | Damage 24 | D16 | Move: 16 | Perc 16 | Insanity: 2 | Corruption: 0 | NR: 2/2 | Fortune: Yes | Status: Normal

I'll take that as a yes, then, Sel says as he watches the old man head towards the Spear.


"The Sword of Unmaking hungers for souls," Roo says solemnly. "My guess is that the demon brought the bodies of the dead back to the stronghold to feed the sword and enact its ritual to open the rift to the Void. If we hurry, we may yet be able to save at least some of the lost souls."

Leaving Oblivion behind, you continue up the Spear. A switchback path of cobbles, weeds, and dirt climbs the lower slopes before straightening to reach the citadel’s front wall, and a gate flanked by massive turrets pierced with arrow slits.

You can see the results of the demon's ritual as a shadowy, rippling corona surrounding the ruins. The power of the Void has already eroded much of the ruins and the surrounding mountainside, but the rift remains closed until the ritual that spawned it is complete.

The last stretch of path before the ravine Roo mentioned is in poor repair, badly pitted and littered with bones and chunks of masonry. The bridge that once crossed the ravine collapsed long ago. The ravine stretches 50 yards across the ground in front of the ruins. It is 10 yards wide at its widest point and drops 20 yards to a rubble-strewn floor.

A great heap of skulls stands just north of the ravine.


6 3 2 2 1 1 Master Magician/Witch/Trickster 10 (F) | S9, A13, I12 (w/coin), W13 | HP 31/31| Power 5 | Defense 14 | Insanity 3 | Fortune: No | Move: 10 | Status: Normal, definitely human

As Shen begins to walk, Joy looks around.

"Who wants to be second on the broom flying towards the mountain of doom?", she asks with a chuckle.

*****************

Joy and presumably her broom-mate get an aerial view of the ravine. The witch is very keen to ensure that her friends - and the new people - are not ambushed by demons.

Perception: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8


Joy doesn’t spot any dangers in the ravine. From an aerial vantage point, she can see that two iron doors stand closed in the stronghold’s outer wall. She notices writing in High Archaic carved into the wall and traced through the rubble on the ground. The words include “Flee,” “Death,” and “Hate,” among others.

The southwest turret is an empty shell, its upper floors and roof long gone. Cracks and fissures spread out from a yawning chasm that drops away into darkness. The upper floors and roof of the northeast turret have similarly collapsed, and a huge mound of corpses stands in the center of the rubble-strewn floor, though you will have to get closer to examine them thoroughly.


6 3 2 2 1 1 Master Magician/Witch/Trickster 10 (F) | S9, A13, I12 (w/coin), W13 | HP 31/31| Power 5 | Defense 14 | Insanity 3 | Fortune: No | Move: 10 | Status: Normal, definitely human

Joy flies back to the others and explains what she has seen.

"So, what do you all think? I could fly us up one by one, if there were any upper floor to walk on. It looks like two iron doors or go through rubble."


Male Faun Level 9 Hunter/Ranger/Acrobat | S11, A14, I13, W10 | Health 51 | Damage 24 | D16 | Move: 16 | Perc 16 | Insanity: 2 | Corruption: 0 | NR: 2/2 | Fortune: Yes | Status: Normal

We should try the doors first. It's the easiest to get to while keeping us all together. The last time we fought a demon, it took all of us together - we don't want to be caught split up with such a dangerous foe about.


Lvl 10 Human Exorcist| HP 39/40| Defense 12 | Strain: 0 | Fortune: No | Strength 13, Agility 12, Intelligence 10, Wisdom 14| Move: 10 | Insanity: 0 | Corruption: 2 | Power: 5 | Status: Normal

"Very true. No watch? No scouts? I would have expected more resistance. Splitting up sounds unwise. We should still ensure we cannot all be captured in a single trap. I can follow behind Selgaer."


Staying together, you make your way towards the doors of the fortress. When you reach to open them, though, the ground begins to rumble. Two creatures made of rocks assemble themselves to either side of the doors, streams of dust and small stones spilling from their earthen forms. Black chips of glittering obsidian serve as their eyes. At the same time, the wind howls as swirling air, dust, and debris gather into a pair of wavering humanoid forms, only just holding their shapes as they move.

"Genies!" Sunionius Roo cries.

Each creature on the ground within short range of an earth genie must make an Agility challenge roll with 1 bane, falling prone on a failure. A creature that is already prone instead takes 2d6 damage.

Each creature that is within medium range of an air genie must make a Strength challenge roll, making the roll with 1 bane if it is smaller than the genie. On a failure, the creature is moved 2d6 yards away from the genie and falls prone. Note that a flying creature that would be knocked prone falls to the ground.

Everybody may act! Fast or slow and state your actions. The map has been updated.


Lvl 10 Human Exorcist| HP 39/40| Defense 12 | Strain: 0 | Fortune: No | Strength 13, Agility 12, Intelligence 10, Wisdom 14| Move: 10 | Insanity: 0 | Corruption: 2 | Power: 5 | Status: Normal

Agility Challenge: 1d20 + 2 - 1d6 ⇒ (17) + 2 - (1) = 18
Strength Challenge: 1d20 + 3 - 1d6 ⇒ (20) + 3 - (1) = 22

Dramm plants himself firmly when the ground shakes, and the powerful gusts fail to bowl him over. Now he understood why they had seen no guards on approach. Shielding his eyes against the dust, he shouts above the wind in High Archaic.

"Hold your attack, Genies! We have no desire to fight. Our goal is to destroy the demon that threatens the fabric of this place! Allow us to pass and we will leave peacefully should we survive."


The genies grumble and howl, unwilling to cease their assault. It seems the demonic activity has infused them with implacable rage!

Dramm may still act this round.


Female Halfling Warrior/Fighter/Champion 10 | S13, A14, I9, W12 | Health 62; Damage 6 | D19 | Move: 8 | Insanity: 3 | Corruption: 0 | Fortune: Yes | Status: Normal

Strength: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (13) + 3 = 16

Uruuna clings to the broom as it is buffeted by the winds, managing to avoid being blown away. She raises her bow and fires at the closest air genie.

Boons: 2d6 ⇒ (1, 3) = 4
Attack: 1d20 + 4 + 6 ⇒ (16) + 4 + 6 = 26
Damage: 5d6 ⇒ (6, 1, 4, 3, 3) = 17
Snap Shot: 1d20 + 4 + 6 ⇒ (18) + 4 + 6 = 28
Damage: 3d6 ⇒ (5, 4, 1) = 10

13 damage after resilience


Lvl 10 Human Exorcist| HP 39/40| Defense 12 | Strain: 0 | Fortune: No | Strength 13, Agility 12, Intelligence 10, Wisdom 14| Move: 10 | Insanity: 0 | Corruption: 2 | Power: 5 | Status: Normal

Fast Turn: Extended duration for force field.

"Worth a shot." Dramm mumbles to himself and a force field hums to life around him.

Strain Check: 1d20 + 4 - 1d6 ⇒ (17) + 4 - (4) = 17


Male Faun Level 9 Hunter/Ranger/Acrobat | S11, A14, I13, W10 | Health 51 | Damage 24 | D16 | Move: 16 | Perc 16 | Insanity: 2 | Corruption: 0 | NR: 2/2 | Fortune: Yes | Status: Normal

Agility: 1d20 + 4 - 1d6 ⇒ (2) + 4 - (3) = 3

The immediate rumble knocks Sel to the ground, but the quick faun rolls with it and is back up on his hooves in barely a breath's time.

Then the faun darts forward, slashing with his spear at the raging earth genie to the left of the doors.

Sel can stand up from prone without using a Move.

Darting forward one yard to attack, them back a yard without triggering a free attack.

Triggered Action: Set Prey.
Boons: Hunter, Ranger.
Boons: 2d6 ⇒ (2, 1) = 3
Attack: 1d20 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 4 + 2 = 19
Damage: 5d6 + 1 ⇒ (4, 3, 4, 3, 1) + 1 = 16

Fast turn: Attack.


Revenant Rogue/Fighter/Weapon Master | S10, A14, I13, W11 | HP 37/48 | D16+1 | Move:10 | Insanity: 5 | Corruption: 0 | Fortune: Spent | Status: Alive

Fast
Agility+Trickery: 1d20 + 4 + 1d6 ⇒ (5) + 4 + (5) = 14
Strength: 1d20 + 1d6 ⇒ (16) + (6) = 22

The old man slams his staff into the earth and holds a steady grip to keep standing. He looks at the Earth genie on the right and says, "O Servant of the roiling earth, we are not your enemy, stand aside so we might rid the world of corruption!"

Subterfuge, Trickery: 1d20 + 3 + 1d6 ⇒ (6) + 3 + (6) = 15


6 3 2 2 1 1 Master Magician/Witch/Trickster 10 (F) | S9, A13, I12 (w/coin), W13 | HP 31/31| Power 5 | Defense 14 | Insanity 3 | Fortune: No | Move: 10 | Status: Normal, definitely human

Strength challenge with bane: 1d20 - 1 - 1d6 ⇒ (15) - 1 - (2) = 12

"Hang on Uruuna! I'll get us lower so a fall doesn't kill us!", calls Joy as she grips tightly.

Fast init - get broom to around six feet from the ground.


Female Cambion Gallant/Assassin/Fencer Level 9 | S11 A13 I13 W10 | Hlth: 44 | Dmg: 0 | Def: 20 | Mv: 10 | Pwr: 0 | Insanity: 0 | Corruption: 2 | Fort: Yes | Status: Normal

Slow

Agility Challenge: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 4 = 18
Strength Challenge: 1d20 - 1d6 ⇒ (10) - (3) = 7
Distance: 2d6 ⇒ (2, 2) = 4

If the air genies are size 2 or larger, which I presume they are, Sera is blown back.

Seraphina is able to keep her feet despite the ground rumbling, but she's blown back tumbling by one of the air genies. The assassin swears a blue streak as she gets to her feet, then (mostly) disappears as she covers herself with a cloak of shadows!

Casting Darkling's Raiment.


Male Human Level 10 / S 11, A 11, I 14, W, 12/(-1 bane) HP: 38, Damage: 0, Perception 14 (+3 boons), Defense 15- Currently (21), Move 10, Insanity 1, Corruption 5, Sorcerers Strain (5), Status: (Normal) Fortune: Yes Bonus Fortune (1)

Agility: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3 Knocked Prone
Strength: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9 Blown away 2d6 ⇒ (4, 4) = 8 yards.

The power of the genies was stronger than Imedren had been expecting. He was knocked down and then blown away.

Fast Initiative: Greater Sorcery- Lasting spell. +1 strain. Action: Cast Accelerate.

Imedren cast a spell and recovered time began to accelerate once again.

Slow Initiative: Move- Stand from prone. Greater Sorcery- Potent spell. +1 strain. Action: Cast Explosive missile.

Imedren recovered and picked himself up off the ground. Pulling from the chaotic powers, he empowered a missile spell.

Potent damage: 2d6 ⇒ (5, 6) = 11
Explosive missile 1 vs. Earth elemental 1: 1 + 1d6 + 1 + 11 ⇒ 1 + (5) + 1 + 11 = 18
Explosive missile 2 vs. Earth elemental 2: 1 + 1d6 + 1 + 11 ⇒ 1 + (5) + 1 + 11 = 18
Explosive missile vs. 3 Air Elemental 1: 1 + 1d6 + 1 + 11 ⇒ 1 + (4) + 1 + 11 = 17

Banes: 2d6 ⇒ (4, 6) = 10
Will vs. outburst: 1d20 + 2 - 6 ⇒ (12) + 2 - 6 = 8
He tried to hold his power in check but he could not.
Outburst, 2 yards: 5d6 ⇒ (2, 1, 3, 4, 3) = 13


Dramm conjures a force field to protect himself. Selgaer darts in and stabs an earth genie before hopping away. Shen manages to temporarily convince the other genie not to attack him. Joy dives down closer to the ground to mitigate falling danger.

The genie Selgaer stabbed attacks him while the other turns from Shen to attack Seraphina, who was blown near it. The faun takes a heavy punch, while the cambion manages to roll away and avoid injury.

Fist vs Selgaer: 1d20 + 10 + 1d6 ⇒ (11) + 10 + (3) = 24
Damage: 6d6 ⇒ (3, 1, 1, 1, 3, 1) = 10
Fist vs Seraphina: 1d20 + 10 + 1d6 ⇒ (3) + 10 + (3) = 16

Seraphina stands up and sheathes herself in shadows. Imedren likewise stands up from where he was knocked away and launches explosive missiles at the enemies.

Agility: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (2) - 1 = 11d20 - 1 ⇒ (14) - 1 = 131d20 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7

The wind genies move to attack Uruuna! They pummel the halfling, badly wounding her, but she avoids being knocked off the broom!

Boons: 2d6 ⇒ (3, 1) = 42d6 ⇒ (4, 5) = 9
Fists vs Uruuna: 1d20 + 6 + 3 ⇒ (12) + 6 + 3 = 211d20 + 6 + 5 ⇒ (18) + 6 + 5 = 29
Damage: 3d6 + 2 ⇒ (5, 3, 3) + 2 = 133d6 + 2 ⇒ (5, 4, 6) + 2 = 17
Uruuna Strength vs Scatter: 1d20 + 3 + 1d6 ⇒ (18) + 3 + (3) = 241d20 + 3 + 1d6 ⇒ (6) + 3 + (2) = 11

10 damage to Selgaer, 30 damage to Uruuna. Everybody may act!

Each creature on the ground within short range of an earth genie must make an Agility challenge roll with 1 bane, falling prone on a failure. A creature that is already prone instead takes 2d6 damage.

Each creature that is within medium range of an air genie must make a Strength challenge roll, making the roll with 1 bane if it is smaller than the genie. On a failure, the creature is moved 2d6 yards away from the genie and falls prone. Note that a flying creature that would be knocked prone falls to the ground.

Enemy Status:
Red Earth -26, Orange Earth -9, Orange Wind -30.

Time Magic!

Imedren's magic causes the second genie to miss Uruuna!

She only takes 13 damage.


Male Faun Level 9 Hunter/Ranger/Acrobat | S11, A14, I13, W10 | Health 51 | Damage 24 | D16 | Move: 16 | Perc 16 | Insanity: 2 | Corruption: 0 | NR: 2/2 | Fortune: Yes | Status: Normal

Earth: 1d20 + 4 - 1d6 ⇒ (3) + 4 - (4) = 3
Air Banes: 2d6 ⇒ (3, 6) = 9
Air: 1d20 + 1 - 6 ⇒ (15) + 1 - 6 = 10

The rumbling ground continues to be troublesome, but Sel is able to quickly get back up and attack the insane genie.

Boons: Hunter 2, Ranger
Boons: 3d6 ⇒ (3, 2, 1) = 6
Spear: 1d20 + 4 + 3 ⇒ (11) + 4 + 3 = 18
Damage: 5d6 + 1 ⇒ (4, 3, 3, 5, 2) + 1 = 18


Lvl 10 Human Exorcist| HP 39/40| Defense 12 | Strain: 0 | Fortune: No | Strength 13, Agility 12, Intelligence 10, Wisdom 14| Move: 10 | Insanity: 0 | Corruption: 2 | Power: 5 | Status: Normal

Tremors: 1d20 + 2 - 1d6 ⇒ (18) + 2 - (2) = 18
Winds: 1d20 + 3 - 1d6 ⇒ (16) + 3 - (1) = 18

Slow Turn: 1 yard closer to yellow earth genie, cast empowered Rend, extra damage.
Dramm refuses to be swayed by the elements. Instead he stomps forward a few feet toward the earth genie assaulting Selgaer. Reaching back to some of his older repertoire, he carves a burning sigil in the air and rips it in half. Threads of magic attempt to pull at the body of the genie.

Will Vs. Agility: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12
Damage?: 3d6 + 1 + 2d6 ⇒ (1, 6, 5) + 1 + (2, 1) = 16

Banes: 2d6 ⇒ (2, 3) = 5
Strain Check: 1d20 + 4 - 3 ⇒ (6) + 4 - 3 = 7
Outburst, 2 Yards: 5d6 ⇒ (4, 4, 6, 4, 3) = 21

Direct blast to northern square to include genie.

The disappointment of his Rending spell's weakness is quickly replaced by spiteful satisfaction when a blast of explosive energy flashes over the genie's flank.


6 3 2 2 1 1 Master Magician/Witch/Trickster 10 (F) | S9, A13, I12 (w/coin), W13 | HP 31/31| Power 5 | Defense 14 | Insanity 3 | Fortune: No | Move: 10 | Status: Normal, definitely human

Strength Challenge with one bane: 1d20 - 1 - 1d6 ⇒ (1) - 1 - (2) = -2

Joy loses her grip, so suddenly that she does not have time to think about it.

She thumps onto the ground though not hard enough to do more than graze her slightly.

They need my help!

Not yet getting up, she concentrates on gathering a ball of witch fire and throwing it at the red stone genie!

Witch Fire vs red earth genie agility: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (16) + 3 = 19

Damage: 2d6 ⇒ (1, 6) = 7


Female Cambion Gallant/Assassin/Fencer Level 9 | S11 A13 I13 W10 | Hlth: 44 | Dmg: 0 | Def: 20 | Mv: 10 | Pwr: 0 | Insanity: 0 | Corruption: 2 | Fort: Yes | Status: Normal

Slow Turn

Agility Challenge: 1d20 + 3 - 1d6 ⇒ (9) + 3 - (1) = 11
Strength Challenge: 1d20 + 1 - 1d6 ⇒ (4) + 1 - (3) = 2
Distance if blown away: 2d6 ⇒ (4, 4) = 8
Attack Closest Earth Genie: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (10) + 3 = 13
Damage for Closer Genie: 1d3 + 3d6 ⇒ (2) + (2, 5, 2) = 11

Makes the agility challenge, then misses STR and is blown 10 yards away. She then stands up, throws a knife (which misses, as her boon was canceled by a bane for the distance), and uses her triggered action to Hide.

Partial cloaked by swirling shadows -- ineffective again the all-seeing jinn, though Seraphina doesn't know that -- the cambion avoids a strike from one of the creatures, then prepares to lash out with her longknives when she's caught with another wind gust that lifts her off her feet and sends her flying. Her fangs are bared as she tumbles along the ground, and as she rises she is hurling a throwing knife that flashes in the sunlight -- which misses.

"F*ckin' fight fair, why don't ya, ya magical f*ckers!" she growls -- then scrambles from sight.


Male Human Level 10 / S 11, A 11, I 14, W, 12/(-1 bane) HP: 38, Damage: 0, Perception 14 (+3 boons), Defense 15- Currently (21), Move 10, Insanity 1, Corruption 5, Sorcerers Strain (5), Status: (Normal) Fortune: Yes Bonus Fortune (1)

will from previous round: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5 Failed... forcibly reroll next roll.

Fast Initiative: Minor action- Draw incantation. Action- use incantation to cast slow. Targeting all 4 elementals. All 4 make a will challenge roll with 1 bane to resist.

Imedren decided it would be best to give themselves more time to react, so he pulled out a scroll he had prepared.

Slow initiative: Greater sorcery- Potent spell. +1 strain. Action- cast Explosive missiles. Move 3 spaces towards the orange elemental.

Potent damage: 2d6 ⇒ (3, 3) = 6
Explosive Missile 1 vs. Air elemental Red: 1 + 1d6 + 7 ⇒ 1 + (5) + 7 = 13
Explosive Missile 2 vs. Air elemental Orange: 1 + 1d6 + 7 ⇒ 1 + (1) + 7 = 9
Explosive Missile 3 Earth elemental orange: 1 + 1d6 + 7 ⇒ 1 + (6) + 7 = 14

Will vs. outburst: 1d20 + 2 - 1d6 ⇒ (7) + 2 - (2) = 7
reroll: 1d20 + 2 - 2 ⇒ (9) + 2 - 2 = 9

Outburst vs. Orange Earth elemental: 5d6 ⇒ (4, 1, 6, 6, 1) = 18


Female Halfling Warrior/Fighter/Champion 10 | S13, A14, I9, W12 | Health 62; Damage 6 | D19 | Move: 8 | Insanity: 3 | Corruption: 0 | Fortune: Yes | Status: Normal

Strength: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9

The winds knock Uruuna off the broom alongside Joy. Grunting, the halfling climbs to her feet and resolutely fires two more arrows into the wounded wind genie!

Boons: 2d6 ⇒ (6, 4) = 10
Attack: 1d20 + 4 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 4 + 6 = 16
Fighter Reroll: 1d20 ⇒ 13
Damage: 5d6 ⇒ (4, 2, 4, 5, 1) = 16
Boons: 2d6 ⇒ (5, 4) = 9
Snap Shot: 1d20 + 4 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 4 + 5 = 12
Fighter Reroll: 1d20 ⇒ 16
Damage: 3d6 ⇒ (4, 6, 2) = 12

14 damage after resilience


Imedren's slow spell has no effect on the genies! Uruuna fires upon the wounded wind genie, and it dissipates into a cloud of dust. Selgaer jumps in to stab the same earth genie he attacked previously. Joy disappears and burns the earth genie with her witch fire, causing it to crumble into rubble!

The other earth genie rushes forward, smashing Selgaer with its heavy fist!

Charge vs Selgaer: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (2) + 10 = 12
Damage: 6d6 ⇒ (6, 5, 6, 5, 4, 5) = 31

Dramm moves towards the other earth genie and rends its stony form apart with his magic. Imedren's explosive missiles destroy that genie and damage the remaining wind genie.

Agility vs Missiles: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (18) + 6 = 241d20 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 91d20 - 1 - 1d6 ⇒ (15) - 1 - (6) = 8

The last wind genie swoops down to slam into Imedren!

Fist vs Imedren: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (17) + 6 = 23
Reroll: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (15) + 6 = 21
Damage: 3d6 + 2 ⇒ (1, 4, 2) + 2 = 9
Scatter: 1d6 ⇒ 4

Agility vs Outburst (If Needed): 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (19) + 6 = 25

31 damage to Selgaer! Ouch! 9 damage to Imedren. He must make a Strength challenge roll. On a failure, he takes 4 extra damage and is moved a number of yards away from the genie equal to the extra damage. If this happens, the genie will be out of range of the outburst.

Everybody may act. Shen may still take actions for last round as well.

Each creature that is within medium range of an air genie must make a Strength challenge roll, making the roll with 1 bane if it is smaller than the genie. On a failure, the creature is moved 2d6 yards away from the genie and falls prone.


Male Human Level 10 / S 11, A 11, I 14, W, 12/(-1 bane) HP: 38, Damage: 0, Perception 14 (+3 boons), Defense 15- Currently (21), Move 10, Insanity 1, Corruption 5, Sorcerers Strain (5), Status: (Normal) Fortune: Yes Bonus Fortune (1)

Gazing into time, Imedren could not escape the assault the genie unleashed on him.

Strength: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (13) + 1 = 14 Success! Genie is still within blast range. The beating he took took him off balance but he managed to keep his feet.

Strength: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8 Failure! Blown back for 2d6 ⇒ (3, 6) = 9 yards.

"Aaaaaaagh! Gah!" Imedren yelled as he was blown back and away from the Genie for the second time that day.

Staying down for the moment, he gritted his teeth and used his power to reach out further to punish the crazed Genie.
Fast initiative: Greater Sorcery- Far spell. +1 strain. Action- Cast Pain. Target takes +1d6 damage from all attacks. 20+ result; Target is also dazed when damaged.
Far Pain: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (17) + 4 = 21

Slow initiative: Imedren stands from prone. Greater Sorcery- Potent spell. +1 strain. Action- Cast Fire bolt.
Firebolt: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4
Damage: 1d6 + 2d6 ⇒ (5) + (6, 1) = 12

Banes: 2d6 ⇒ (2, 5) = 7
Will vs. Outburst: 1d20 + 2 - 5 ⇒ (16) + 2 - 5 = 13
His power managed to remain in check when this time however.


Male Faun Level 9 Hunter/Ranger/Acrobat | S11, A14, I13, W10 | Health 51 | Damage 24 | D16 | Move: 16 | Perc 16 | Insanity: 2 | Corruption: 0 | NR: 2/2 | Fortune: Yes | Status: Normal

Previous Round; triggered action to move half speed when my prey moves.

As the earth genie charges Sel, intent on caving in his skull, Sel bounces back, hoof nimbly tapping from rock to rock as he weaves backwards to avoid the genie, staying out of it's reach the entire time before it finally explodes in from of him from Imedren's spell.

End of round/Current round

Air Banes: 2d6 ⇒ (1, 2) = 3
Air: 1d20 + 1 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 1 + 3 = 5
Yards: 2d6 ⇒ (3, 6) = 9

As Sel continued to dance backwards, he realized that his last step didn't touch the ground. Caught in the Air Genie's winds, Sel is blown back and hits the wall. He lands rough but is back on his feet running full speed towards the air genie, taking a leaping jump at it, spinning in the air to wind his spear around, the blade slashing at the elemental ball of hatred.

Triggered Action: Air Genie is new Prey.

Boons: Hunter, Ranger.
Boons: 2d6 ⇒ (6, 2) = 8
Attack: 1d20 + 4 + 6 ⇒ (20) + 4 + 6 = 30
Damage: 5d6 + 1 ⇒ (2, 1, 2, 1, 4) + 1 = 11
Bleed Damage: 1d3 ⇒ 2
Bleed Rounds: 1d3 ⇒ 2

Fast, Moving two yards, jumping up one yard and attacking.


Pain Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 5

Imedren's curse wracks the air genie with pain, so when Selgaer leaps up and drives his spear into its body, the extra-deep injury causes the creature to explode outward in a gust of powerful winds! As the dust settles, you realize that all of the threats have been neutralized.


Lvl 10 Human Exorcist| HP 39/40| Defense 12 | Strain: 0 | Fortune: No | Strength 13, Agility 12, Intelligence 10, Wisdom 14| Move: 10 | Insanity: 0 | Corruption: 2 | Power: 5 | Status: Normal

"Genies?" Dramm coughs out through the choking clouds and settling dust, "What were genies doing here? Anyone have any ideas?"

He's already moving to cure the minor injuries suffered by the party, starting with Selgaer and Uruuna.

"Six months ago and that charge would have ground you into dust, Selgaer."

Dramm delivers healing while we prepare for the advancement. He has 4 minor heals remaining after this post for quick patching, claim them as needed.

Minor Heal, Selgaer: 2d6 ⇒ (1, 2) = 3
Minor Heal, Uruuna: 2d6 ⇒ (1, 4) = 5


"Rarely do genies trouble other creatures, unless compelled by magic. They are creatures of the natural world, though, and the demon's unnatural ritual may have stirred them into such a rage," Sunionius Roo opines.


Male Faun Level 9 Hunter/Ranger/Acrobat | S11, A14, I13, W10 | Health 51 | Damage 24 | D16 | Move: 16 | Perc 16 | Insanity: 2 | Corruption: 0 | NR: 2/2 | Fortune: Yes | Status: Normal

Right? Sel agrees with Dramm, All that training has paid off. I'm so glad Bel had that gymnasium built. I just barely dodged it!

Sel pauses to take stock of the scene, then he looks to the sky for his vulture friend from the other day, waving it over when he sees it. Hey there, friend, can you tell me what's on the other side of this wall?


6 3 2 2 1 1 Master Magician/Witch/Trickster 10 (F) | S9, A13, I12 (w/coin), W13 | HP 31/31| Power 5 | Defense 14 | Insanity 3 | Fortune: No | Move: 10 | Status: Normal, definitely human

Joy picks herself up, brushes off the worst of the dust, and looks for her broom.


Revenant Rogue/Fighter/Weapon Master | S10, A14, I13, W11 | HP 37/48 | D16+1 | Move:10 | Insanity: 5 | Corruption: 0 | Fortune: Spent | Status: Alive

Agility+Trickery: 1d20 + 4 + 1d6 ⇒ (8) + 4 + (6) = 18
Strength+Trickery: 1d20 + 1d6 ⇒ (11) + (3) = 14

The old man held his ground, clinging to his staff. Whilst the others fought, he beseeched the earth elemental again. "Please, O' earthen one! We are not your enemies, the Shadow has twisted you to its service!"

Subterfuge: 1d20 + 3 + 1d6 ⇒ (10) + 3 + (2) = 15

As the raging elemental energy disperses, the 'priest' mumbles something under his breath, hands held in prayer. Afterwards, Mr.Reed carefully pulls his staff out of the ground, having not even moved for the entire battle.


The vulture Selgaer befriends reports the same sights that Joy saw from above. It agrees to accompany the faun, albeit reluctantly.

Despite Sel’s misgivings, the doors are neither cursed nor trapped. The iron doors open onto an enormous room, 20 yards long and 10 yards wide. Staircases climb to collapsed chambers above, while archways lead to adjoining chambers on either side. In the center of the room is a giant pentagram that glows red and leaves the area obscured by shadows. Behind it is a ledge reached by stairs and flanked by two iron braziers filled with smoldering dung. The ledge holds a pair of iron doors. On the wall flanking the landing is an ornate bas-relief depicting hideous demonic matrons pulling demons from their wombs. Two hulking horned ogres stand before the stairs, clutching enormous hammers and long blades. They bellow with fury as they move to stop you from progressing any further, red eyes burning with demonic rage!

The ogres are frightening. Everybody must succeed on a Will challenge or be frightened for 1d3 rounds plus your current Insanity score. Everybody may act! Map updated.


Revenant Rogue/Fighter/Weapon Master | S10, A14, I13, W11 | HP 37/48 | D16+1 | Move:10 | Insanity: 5 | Corruption: 0 | Fortune: Spent | Status: Alive

Fast
Will + Trickery: 1d20 + 1 + 1d6 ⇒ (9) + 1 + (2) = 12

The huge monsters were Intimidating, for sure, but Shen was more disturbed by the grotesque carvings upon the walls.

"The *koff* demons have fortified themselves quite heavily it seems." The old man says almost casually as he sets aside his staff and draws his dagger. The small knife gleams even in the dark of the castle, almost unnaturally. The 'priest' then takes an unusual fighting stance, holding the knife in his left hand.

Prepared Action: Attack with both hands if enemy closes the distance
Boons: 3d6 ⇒ (3, 3, 3) = 9
Two Weapon Attack+Trickery against Agility: 1d20 + 4 + 3 ⇒ (10) + 4 + 3 = 17
Damage: 4d6 ⇒ (2, 3, 2, 5) = 12

2,751 to 2,800 of 2,989 << first < prev | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Tales of the Demon Lord All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.