Tales of the Demon Lord

Game Master Brainiac

Battle Maps on Google Slides


2,551 to 2,600 of 2,757 << first < prev | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | next > last >>

Lvl 9 Human Exorcist| HP 36+10/36| Defense 12 | Strain: 0 | Fortune: No | Strength 13, Agility 12, Intelligence 10, Wisdom 14| Move: 10 | Insanity: 0 | Corruption: 2 | Power: 5 | Status: Normal

The wounds slowly knit back together. Dramm's breathing becomes steady and soon his eyes creep open. He groggily takes in the face above him.

"Joy? Am I dead?" he asks apprehensively.


6 3 2 2 1 1 Master Magician/Witch/Trickster 9 (F) | S9, A13, I12 (w/coin), W13 | HP 29/29| Power 5 | Defense 14 | Insanity 0 | Fortune: No | Move: 10 | Status: Normal, definitely human

Joy smiles, utterly relieved that Dramm has awoken.

"Nope! You're not! But it looks like *she* is!"


Male Faun Level 9 Hunter/Ranger/Acrobat | S11, A14, I13, W10 | Health 51 | Damage 0| D16 | Move: 16 | Perc 16 | Insanity: 0 | Corruption: 0 | NR: 2/2 | Fortune: Yes | Status: Ok

Dramm! Sel calls out as the man falls. He looks on with apprehension as Joy sees to him, and he is visibly received when he wakes up.

Yes, the Long Mother is dead. We did it, Dramm. We did it.

For the first since early that morning, Sel smiled.

Now, come on. Let's see how the children are doing.


Emerging from the chapel, you find the children are exhausted and drained, but otherwise unharmed. Flint and Cynthia rush to embrace their son, sobbing with relief to see him alive.

Other citizens are beginning to emerge from the wrecked buildings of Brace, surveying the death and destruction with horrified awe. It seems a few dozen people died in the orcs' attacks, but it would have been a lot worse had you not arrived. The survivors look to you for guidance, seemingly in shock.

"Where is Elder Thomassan? Why did the Long Mother not come to our aid? What do we do now?"


Male Faun Level 9 Hunter/Ranger/Acrobat | S11, A14, I13, W10 | Health 51 | Damage 0| D16 | Move: 16 | Perc 16 | Insanity: 0 | Corruption: 0 | NR: 2/2 | Fortune: Yes | Status: Ok

The Long Mother was never able to protect you, Sel declared. Her cultist, Thomassan, lied to you about her powers. Her inability to stop the orcs and the titan should be proof enough of that.

She only sought to lure you into false security so she could sacrifice your children and gain power. Your children and your own lives were nothing to her, nothing but food for the slaughter.

You were all to be sacrificed to her, just so she could rise up to consume more. That was her plan all along. She was a demon of consumption, filled with half truths and lies and hatred for all living things.

I'm sorry Thomassan lied to you about it; he and the Long Mother have both fled this world and retreated back to the hell from whence they came. No more will innocent children be sacrificed.

Despite his words, Sel was ready for someone to blame him, blame them for the insecurities of the townsfolk. He kept his spear upright, staff on the ground, ready to block any incoming assault. He would never have a way with words like his brother did, and he expected the worst.


Lvl 9 Human Exorcist| HP 36+10/36| Defense 12 | Strain: 0 | Fortune: No | Strength 13, Agility 12, Intelligence 10, Wisdom 14| Move: 10 | Insanity: 0 | Corruption: 2 | Power: 5 | Status: Normal

After Battle Healing:

Cast Cure to heal for 1/2 HR. Empowered for extra healing.
Bonus Healing: 2d6 ⇒ (6, 5) = 11
Banes: 2d6 ⇒ (4, 5) = 9
Strain Check: 1d20 + 4 - 5 ⇒ (10) + 4 - 5 = 9

Cast Light Heal (1xHR) On Uruuna, empowered for extra healing.
Bonus Healing: 2d6 ⇒ (3, 4) = 7
Banes: 2d6 ⇒ (6, 4) = 10
Strain Check: 1d20 + 4 - 6 ⇒ (7) + 4 - 6 = 5
Detonate in a small corner of the chapel. Then head outside.

After a bit of quick patching, the color quickly returns to Dramm's face. Fading sunlight strikes his face as he emerges from the town hall. The battle at Brace took less than an hour, but Dramm's aching body felt as though a lifetime had passed. The world felt... different.

With villagers beginning to gather, Dramm scans the crowd for familiar faces. A good number of these people would not like what he was about to say. He addresses the crowd in his straightforward way, standing next to Selgaer.

"What the Faun says is true. Thomassan is dead. He conspired to sacrifice children for the Mother's favor." Dramm drops the skull of the Long Mother into the dirt. "The Mother planned to devour all that survived the attack, had we not stopped her. She fed on Brace like a disease. They have both paid for their evil."

Dramm had known his actions likely spelled the end for Brace. He doubted the town would survive without the Mother's protection. They had lived in her shadow for generations, it was all they knew.

"For good or for ill, you lead yourselves now. Brace is free."

There is no joy in Dramm's statement, only the stern understanding of the implications of what they had done. He hoped the villagers would not turn to violence in their fear of the future.


The villagers accept the news with stunned silence. Slowly, the crowd begins to disperse, moving to clean up debris and bury the dead.

Soon, only a single middle-aged woman remains, staring up at Dramm with tears of disbelief in her eyes. "My boy,,," his mother sobs as she rushes to embrace him.


Lvl 9 Human Exorcist| HP 36+10/36| Defense 12 | Strain: 0 | Fortune: No | Strength 13, Agility 12, Intelligence 10, Wisdom 14| Move: 10 | Insanity: 0 | Corruption: 2 | Power: 5 | Status: Normal

"Mom?! You're alive!" Dramm is surprised to see his mother emerge from the crowd. He knew his family still lived here, but he found he could not ready himself to be reunited. Suddenly he was aware of how dirty and scarred he was, but his mother rushed forward to hug him tightly anyway. With almost as much disbelief he returns the embrace.

"It's... it's done." Tears begin to stream down his face. After all his battles, Dramm finally breaks down. "I did it for Ez. Please understand. Please..."

It had been a long time since he had the courage to face her. They cry together for a time. Eventually, he pulls away from her arms.

"Where is Father?" Dramm looks for any traces of the man, not sure if he was any more ready to face him. He could still remember Dirk Hayle shouting when Dramm had said he would leave. And why.


"Shh..." Mariah Hayle leans Dramm's head against her shoulder, holding him as he sobs.

"Your father was out at the hunting cabin when... When the orcs came. I'm sure he'll have heard the commotion and be on his way back. Dramm... You did what you had to do. I believe that you believe you did what was right. But the Long Mother's ways were all we these people knew for generations. I only hope they can learn how to survive on their own now that she is gone."


Male Human Mage/Sorcerer/Watcher HP: 32, Dmg: 3, Defense 15 (20), Move 10,

Eldren walked over to Dramm and his mother after having watched the rest of the townsfolk scatter and cut in. "They'll have to learn to adapt. Regardless if it was the "right" thing to do or not, if we hadn't arrived until later, there would only be a handful of you left alive. Even then, it would still have been a coin flip as to whether the Iron Titan and the Orcs couldn't have done what we did and dealt with the Long Mother. Your old ways are gone now."


Male Human Level 9 / S 11, A 11, I 14, W, 12/(-1 bane) HP: 34, Damage: 0, Perception 14 (+3 boons), Defense 15 (20), Move 10, Insanity 4, Corruption 5, Sorcerers Strain (0), Status: (Normal) Fortune: Yes Bonus Fortune (1)

Imedren hurried over to Dramm, annoyed at his older self's words.
"The fact remains that Dramm's decision to come here largely saved what remains of your village."

He gave his older self a warning glare, then clapped his friend on the shoulder. "Dramm, I know you're tired and I know what you just said about these people being free, but Brace isn't like Verge. These people aren't stubborn and defiant, you were probably the only one that appeared here like that in this generation. Which is likely why the Mother let you live as long as she did, because you had the drive to make something more of yourself.

They need leadership, Dramm, from someone they know. Even if it's just long enough to end the village and move them somewhere else. They aren't safe here and you showed them that the old way had to change. If you leave it as is, there is a high likelihood someone like Father Thomassan will rise up or it will just be wiped out. Once they finish with the task of picking up the pieces of their lives and accounting for the dead, they will be lost. Speaking of Verge, they are in need of a populace increase and they still owe us for what we've done for them."


6 3 2 2 1 1 Master Magician/Witch/Trickster 9 (F) | S9, A13, I12 (w/coin), W13 | HP 29/29| Power 5 | Defense 14 | Insanity 0 | Fortune: No | Move: 10 | Status: Normal, definitely human

Joy steps up to Dramm and Imedren.

"I think it's a great idea. A new start, away from the horror, and it would help Verge too!"


Male Faun Level 9 Hunter/Ranger/Acrobat | S11, A14, I13, W10 | Health 51 | Damage 0| D16 | Move: 16 | Perc 16 | Insanity: 0 | Corruption: 0 | NR: 2/2 | Fortune: Yes | Status: Ok

Doesn't matter, Sel says matter of factly, looking off into the horizon in the direction of the train crash. We still have an iron titan to bring down. Let them decide what's right for themselves; move to Verge or move to Crossings. But we still have a hunt to complete.

Thinking back in the day, it was quite a ride. Witnessing the devastation of the bridge, the two Drakes, the dragon - he rode a freaking dragon! How many can say that? - taking down the first titan, and then killing the Long Mother. And an eight hour run in between. He was exhausted. Sel was sure everyone else was in worse shape than he; they didn't have the training to match his endurance or speed. Except Uruuna, but she was different.

Dramm; is there a map of the region in town? I'd like to study it while we rest. We'll leave at first light. Sel may have seemed a bit of an ass between taking charge and not caring about the locals, but he was in the midst of a hunt, and that's where he was.focused; leading groups of people on hunts is what he's done all his life faun life. And his current companions - friends? Yes, Joy and Dramm were certainly friends, Uruuna was someone he could always trust, and Imedren, well, maybe Imedren would be better if he didn't stop bringing that insufferable a$$$$&! of his future self around so much. God, was is the man thinking doing that!? - his current friends were certainly no less dangerous that the politically powerful nobles and rich clients he typically led on hunts.

Imedren? Sel turns to face the human, Thank you for saving my life. I... I know you didn't have to. I could use some help with the map. Would you care to join me?

I can always retrace my steps, so we could go back to the crash site and then follow the other set of tracks. It would delay us, but we'd be certain to catch up to them eventually.

Alternatively, after studying a map, I bet you and I could calculate their trajectory. I'm very familiar with terrain and geography and we could use that to determine a best path to intercept the orcs and launch our assualt. The risk is higher in that we may he wrong and miss them, but it would bring us to them quicker.

What do you think, Imedren?


6 3 2 2 1 1 Master Magician/Witch/Trickster 9 (F) | S9, A13, I12 (w/coin), W13 | HP 29/29| Power 5 | Defense 14 | Insanity 0 | Fortune: No | Move: 10 | Status: Normal, definitely human

Joy looks off into the distance, where Sel looked.

"That's true. But we really should rest first. I know I'm exhausted, never mind the injuries all around!"


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Male Human Level 9 / S 11, A 11, I 14, W, 12/(-1 bane) HP: 34, Damage: 0, Perception 14 (+3 boons), Defense 15 (20), Move 10, Insanity 4, Corruption 5, Sorcerers Strain (0), Status: (Normal) Fortune: Yes Bonus Fortune (1)

Imedren looked at the Faun with his arms crossed.
"Let me make this abundantly clear in case it wasn't already. I may have saved your life, Selgaer, but I still don't like you. I think you're an ass. And no, I'd really rather not work with you.

But I know that with your knowledge of Terrain and Geography and with my divination magic we can accurately narrow down the probabilities of their course and get to the remaining Orcs and Iron Titan faster."

He sighed. "Whatever my personal grievances with you are though, Selgaer, at the end of the day you are a hero... and it's probably better to have you around than not."


Lvl 9 Human Exorcist| HP 36+10/36| Defense 12 | Strain: 0 | Fortune: No | Strength 13, Agility 12, Intelligence 10, Wisdom 14| Move: 10 | Insanity: 0 | Corruption: 2 | Power: 5 | Status: Normal

While the others speak, Dramm slowly introduces his mother to his companions. He quietly points out names for her as they talk.

"We have been through a lot together. I owe them my life many times over. We can trust them." He assures his mother.

Dramm grimaces when the conversation turns to Brace's future. He had only ever wanted to see the evil in Brace wiped from the world. The charisma needed to lead these people was beyond him, but between Imedren and Joy he now felt obligated to provide some form of direction.

"My goal was never to save Brace. I only ever wanted to see that the Mother's influence was destroyed. I never intended to get involved with anything beyond that. Maybe Verge would be the start these people need. I will speak to the Elders before we leave. There are too many who would not listen to me directly, but perhaps I can convince them it is for the best. We can make our case and leave some gold behind to help those that are willing to undertake the journey."

Dramm watches the back and forth between Imedren and Selgaer with some amusement, not that he shows it.

"I think you're right, Joy. I'm exhausted as well. We would be no match for a second titan without some rest. I don't know about a map, but Brace has talented trappers and hunters that share information. Maybe one will know where the tracks could lead, Selgaer."


The local hunters tell you of a sizable cave complex about a day's march south of the crash site, northwest of Brace. It's quite possible the orcs have decided to make their camp within.

The elders listen to Dramm's suggestion to relocate to Verge and promise to "take it under advisement." By this, Dramm knows they mean they will bicker about it incessantly before finally presenting the idea to the townsfolk as their own.

Mariah puts you up in her house for the night so you can rest and recover from the grueling day. In the morning, you depart, Selgaer leading the way through the woods. You move swiftly, and after five hours or so, you near a large cliff side. A fast-flowing river runs from the northeast to the southwest. A bridge of rope and timber stretches from two wooden posts driven deep into the east riverbank to the caves on the other side. A half-dozen severed human heads hang by their hair from the posts.

A thin stand of young cedar trees rises to the south of the path, and as you draw near the rope bridge, they rustle and bow as the second iron titan emerges! The flame in its chest roars to life as it levels its arm cannon at you!

Everybody may act! The titan is 30 yards away.


Female Halfling Warrior/Fighter/Champion 9 | S13, A14, I9, W12 | Health 57; Damage 12 | D19 | Move: 8 | Insanity: 6 | Corruption: 0 | Fortune: Yes | Status: Normal

"Well, that didn't take long!" Uruuna shouts. She drops into her battle stance as she draws her bow and fires an arrow into the titan's neck joint!

Boons: 3d6 ⇒ (4, 1, 3) = 8
Attack: 1d20 + 4 + 4 ⇒ (17) + 4 + 4 = 25
Damage: 5d6 ⇒ (5, 1, 4, 4, 3) = 17


Male Faun Level 9 Hunter/Ranger/Acrobat | S11, A14, I13, W10 | Health 51 | Damage 0| D16 | Move: 16 | Perc 16 | Insanity: 0 | Corruption: 0 | NR: 2/2 | Fortune: Yes | Status: Ok

As they get ready to attack the titan, Sel looks to Joy; You ready for this?

As Joy preps the broom, Sel draws an arrow and let's it loose

Triggered Action: Set Prey.
Boons: Hunter, Ranger.
Boons: 2d6 ⇒ (2, 3) = 5
Attack: 1d20 + 4 + 3 ⇒ (16) + 4 + 3 = 23
Damage: 4d6 + 1 ⇒ (2, 3, 1, 4) + 1 = 11
Potential extra damage: 1d6 ⇒ 5


Lvl 9 Human Exorcist| HP 36+10/36| Defense 12 | Strain: 0 | Fortune: No | Strength 13, Agility 12, Intelligence 10, Wisdom 14| Move: 10 | Insanity: 0 | Corruption: 2 | Power: 5 | Status: Normal

Slow Turn: Move to cover, cast empowered Arcane Dart.

The titan leveling its cannon sends Dramm scrambling for cover. He sends a dart spearing toward the titan, trying to draw it out.

Dart Damage: 1d3 + 1 + 2d6 ⇒ (3) + 1 + (2, 3) = 9
Strain Check: 1d20 + 4 - 1d6 ⇒ (6) + 4 - (6) = 4
Outburst, 1 Yard: 4d6 ⇒ (3, 3, 2, 6) = 14


Male Human Level 9 / S 11, A 11, I 14, W, 12/(-1 bane) HP: 34, Damage: 0, Perception 14 (+3 boons), Defense 15 (20), Move 10, Insanity 4, Corruption 5, Sorcerers Strain (0), Status: (Normal) Fortune: Yes Bonus Fortune (1)

Long Term buffs: Third Eye, Flame Ward, Entropic Shield: 1d6 ⇒ 2 defense. Chaos boon, Accelerate,

Imedren grimaced as the Titan came for them suddenly.

"This thing makes for a great guard."

Fast Initiative: Triggered Action- Greater Sorcery- Lasting spell. +1 Strain. Cast Potent Magic. Action- Greater Sorcery- Potent spell. +1 strain. Cast Capricious Devastation.
Slow Initiative: Action- Greater Sorcery- Potent spell, +1 strain. Cast Fire bolt. Move 10 yards.

Chaos Boon: 1d6 ⇒ 2 Bonus
Chaos die: 1d6 ⇒ 5 Penalty
Boons: 2d6 ⇒ (6, 4) = 10
Capricious Devastation 1: 1d20 + 2 + 2 - 5 + 6 ⇒ (12) + 2 + 2 - 5 + 6 = 17
1d2d6 + 2d6 + 3d6 ⇒ (6) + (6, 6) + (4, 2, 6) = 30

Chaos Boon: 1d6 ⇒ 1 Penalty
Boons: 2d6 ⇒ (4, 6) = 10
Fire bolt: 1d20 + 2 - 1 + 6 ⇒ (19) + 2 - 1 + 6 = 26
20+ attack Potent, Entropic, Fire bolt: 2d6 + 2d6 + 1d6 ⇒ (5, 3) + (4, 4) + (1) = 17

Chaos boon: 1d6 ⇒ 4 bonus
Banes: 2d6 ⇒ (1, 1) = 2
Will vs. Outburst: 1d20 + 2 - 1 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 2 - 1 + 4 = 7
Outburst, 3 yards: 4d6 ⇒ (1, 2, 5, 6) = 14


6 3 2 2 1 1 Master Magician/Witch/Trickster 9 (F) | S9, A13, I12 (w/coin), W13 | HP 29/29| Power 5 | Defense 14 | Insanity 0 | Fortune: No | Move: 10 | Status: Normal, definitely human

Joy grins at Sel and replies:

"Far ahead of you, Sel!", ensorcellingd her broom as soon as she realised that the iron titan was nearly upon them!

"We'll go higher this time!", she says, as she powers the broom up!

Slow initiative. Cast a 0 level slot on broom, then straight up!

Good Advice to anyone who needs it!


The titan rocks backwards by the sudden and brutal assault of spells and arrows. It is badly damaged, but still standing. It stomps forward a few yards, levels its cannon at Imedren, and fires into ground several yards away from the sorcerer!

Boons: 2d6 ⇒ (1, 1) = 2
Attack: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2

Womp, womp. Everybody is up. The titan has moved 8 yards closer.


6 3 2 2 1 1 Master Magician/Witch/Trickster 9 (F) | S9, A13, I12 (w/coin), W13 | HP 29/29| Power 5 | Defense 14 | Insanity 0 | Fortune: No | Move: 10 | Status: Normal, definitely human

Joy continues to gain altitude, eager to get out of flamethrower range!

Fast initiative, move up!

Good Advice boons to whomever needs them!


Lvl 9 Human Exorcist| HP 36+10/36| Defense 12 | Strain: 0 | Fortune: No | Strength 13, Agility 12, Intelligence 10, Wisdom 14| Move: 10 | Insanity: 0 | Corruption: 2 | Power: 5 | Status: Normal

Fast Turn: Cast empowered arcane dart, extra damage.

"Careful, the titan may collapse part of the cliff face when it detonates."

Dramm cautions the group as he launches another dart at the advancing titan.

Dart Damage: 1d3 + 1 + 2d6 ⇒ (1) + 1 + (5, 6) = 13
Strain Check: 1d20 + 4 - 1d6 ⇒ (11) + 4 - (3) = 12


Male Faun Level 9 Hunter/Ranger/Acrobat | S11, A14, I13, W10 | Health 51 | Damage 0| D16 | Move: 16 | Perc 16 | Insanity: 0 | Corruption: 0 | NR: 2/2 | Fortune: Yes | Status: Ok

Higher! Sel calls out, preparing to drop on the titan.

Once they get to a good height, he says, Wish me luck! With that, Sel drops from the broom. He angles his body, twisting in the sky to dice head first, gathering up speed.

Like a meteor out of the sky, Sel slams into the titan, spear first. A loud Clang! erupts out, and anyone watching winces as he hits a little harder than he expected.

He bounces off the titan and hits the ground hard, rolling up to get back on his feet.

Fall Damage: 20d6 ⇒ (2, 1, 6, 2, 3, 2, 4, 6, 4, 5, 5, 6, 6, 1, 4, 3, 5, 1, 4, 2) = 72
36 damage to both Sel and the Titan.

Good Advice: 2d6 ⇒ (2, 4) = 6
Agility: 1d20 + 4 + 4 ⇒ (16) + 4 + 4 = 24

Agility challenge roll reduces the damage by 24. Total of 12 damage to Sel. Didn't negate all the damage with the Agility challenge roll, so the fall ends up with Sel prone. But he can get up without using a Move so long as he has any Speed left; since he can move three yards after using an action, he can immediately get up.

Boons: Hunter 2, Ranger
Boons: 3d6 ⇒ (1, 2, 5) = 8
Spear: 1d20 + 4 + 5 ⇒ (10) + 4 + 5 = 19
Damage: 4d6 + 1 ⇒ (4, 5, 6, 2) + 1 = 18

Total of 54 damage to th Titan and 12 damage to Sel.


Dramm's dart and Selgaer's plummeting strike destabilize the iron titan's structural integrity. It explodes in a massive fireball!

Explosive Death: 6d6 ⇒ (3, 5, 1, 4, 2, 4) = 19

19 fire damage to Imedren and Selgaer. A success on an Agility challenge reduces thus damage to 9.


Male Faun Level 9 Hunter/Ranger/Acrobat | S11, A14, I13, W10 | Health 51 | Damage 0| D16 | Move: 16 | Perc 16 | Insanity: 0 | Corruption: 0 | NR: 2/2 | Fortune: Yes | Status: Ok

Holy s@$! that worked!

Agility: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (18) + 4 = 22

The iron giant exploded in a massive fireball that washed over Sel, singing his expensive, yet torn and dirty clothing.


Male Human Level 9 / S 11, A 11, I 14, W, 12/(-1 bane) HP: 34, Damage: 0, Perception 14 (+3 boons), Defense 15 (20), Move 10, Insanity 4, Corruption 5, Sorcerers Strain (0), Status: (Normal) Fortune: Yes Bonus Fortune (1)

Boons: 2d6 ⇒ (5, 3) = 8
Agility: 1d20 + 1 + 5 ⇒ (14) + 1 + 5 = 20

Imedren shielded his body as best he could when the titan went up in flames after Selgaer's aerial assault. His fire magic shielding helped reduce it down to only mild scoring.

"Well the Titan bought them some warning and a little time to prepare, but probably less than they were expecting."


6 3 2 2 1 1 Master Magician/Witch/Trickster 9 (F) | S9, A13, I12 (w/coin), W13 | HP 29/29| Power 5 | Defense 14 | Insanity 0 | Fortune: No | Move: 10 | Status: Normal, definitely human

"Long time, no see!", Joy says with a smile as Sel returns to the now-descending broom.

Once she reaches the ground, and looks for sharp bits of iron debris, Joy says:

"We did well to stop that rampaging thing! We still need to stop the orcs though."


After taking a few moments to recover, you quickly cross the rope bridge and enter the cave. Smoky torches leave the cave obscured by shadows. The cave is filthy, featuring floors covered in bones, bits of rotting meat, and discarded equipment. Crude, pornographic pictures drawn in filth cover the walls.

Eight orcs have mustered here, all bearing horrific scars and other disfigurements. Behind them lurk two hulking ogres, filth crusting their mottled and sore-dimpled hides. They howl with fury as they prepare to attack!

Everybody may act. All enemies are within 10 yards of you, and the cave's ceiling is 10 yards high. I will get a map up tomorrow.


6 3 2 2 1 1 Master Magician/Witch/Trickster 9 (F) | S9, A13, I12 (w/coin), W13 | HP 29/29| Power 5 | Defense 14 | Insanity 0 | Fortune: No | Move: 10 | Status: Normal, definitely human

With determination on her face, Joy focuses.

We have to stop them!

In the muck and filth of the den of orcs and ogres, bits of soil and seed have been unwittingly carried in. On boots, on armour, on loot.

Now, those hitherto unnoticed pieces of the earth abound with vigour, then vines, and lash out at those who would destroy all around them!

Fast initiative. Wrath of Nature (SotDL p134) on five orcs in the middle, to best disrupt movement.

Damage to each of the five orcs: 3d6 ⇒ (1, 3, 4) = 8

Each targeted orc must succeed in an agility challenge or be immobilised for one minute. The target can use an action to make a Strength challenge roll with 1 bane, removing the affliction on a success.


Male Faun Level 9 Hunter/Ranger/Acrobat | S11, A14, I13, W10 | Health 51 | Damage 0| D16 | Move: 16 | Perc 16 | Insanity: 0 | Corruption: 0 | NR: 2/2 | Fortune: Yes | Status: Ok
Joy Summers wrote:
"We still need to stop the orcs though."

Why? Sel asks. But it's too late. Joy goes rushing in and immediately attacks the orcs. Sel follows and draws an arrow, firing into one of the orcs.

Triggered Action: Set Prey.
Boons: Hunter, Ranger.
Boons: 2d6 ⇒ (1, 4) = 5
Attack: 1d20 + 4 + 5 ⇒ (19) + 4 + 5 = 28
Damage: 4d6 + 1 ⇒ (1, 2, 3, 4) + 1 = 11
Bleed Damage: 1d3 ⇒ 3
Bleed Rounds: 1d3 ⇒ 3


Lvl 9 Human Exorcist| HP 36+10/36| Defense 12 | Strain: 0 | Fortune: No | Strength 13, Agility 12, Intelligence 10, Wisdom 14| Move: 10 | Insanity: 0 | Corruption: 2 | Power: 5 | Status: Normal

Prep Casting, force field 10 minutes before entering the cave. Empowered heals (1 light, 1 minor0 on Selgaer, see spoiler.

Prep Casting:

Light Heal on Selgaer, 1x HR.
Bonus Healing: 2d6 ⇒ (1, 2) = 3
Banes: 2d6 ⇒ (2, 4) = 6
Strain Check: 1d20 + 4 - 4 ⇒ (14) + 4 - 4 = 14

Minor Heal on Selgaer, 1/2 HR.
Bonus Healing: 2d6 ⇒ (2, 1) = 3
Banes: 3d6 ⇒ (4, 6, 5) = 15
Strain Check: 1d20 + 4 - 6 ⇒ (19) + 4 - 6 = 17

Force Field Strain
Banes: 4d6 ⇒ (5, 4, 2, 5) = 16
Strain Check: 1d20 + 4 - 5 ⇒ (10) + 4 - 5 = 9

Dramm enters the cave with 0 Strain.

Dramm relieves the worst of Selgaer's burns and bruises from the dive against the titan. After a few quick casts and a moment to erect his own barrier, he steps away long enough to release a large outburst away from the party.

"Sel's right, we may not-" But Joy is already entering the caves. Dramm glances over at the others, then runs to follow.

The ogres looming in the dark caves bring Dramm to a skidding halt. He had been the punching bag for similar creatures already and is hesitant to repeat the experience. Instead, he releases a wave a crackling red lightning, weakening a number of the brigands.

Fast Turn: Cast Fragility to apply Impairment. Target the ogres and three henchmen. Empower spell to apply two extra banes to the strength check (3 banes total).

Strain Check: 1d20 + 4 - 1d6 ⇒ (10) + 4 - (5) = 9
Outburst, 1 Yard: 4d6 ⇒ (5, 3, 1, 4) = 13

Feeling the magic gather, he directs the outburst in front of him to catch any would be aggressors.


Male Human Level 9 / S 11, A 11, I 14, W, 12/(-1 bane) HP: 34, Damage: 0, Perception 14 (+3 boons), Defense 15 (20), Move 10, Insanity 4, Corruption 5, Sorcerers Strain (0), Status: (Normal) Fortune: Yes Bonus Fortune (1)

"Both Titans you stole lie in ruins, your compatriots in Brace have fallen. The uprising in Foundry has been quelled even before it began. Your revolution in the north has failed! Surrender, if you value your lives at all!"

It was a trigger with the orcs and the Ogres, he knew. A human, commanding them to step down after what had happened in the south. Still, he gave each of them a chance, in case one of them was able to think outside the norms. But he held out a hand towards them, ready and waiting.

Fast initiative: Action- Prepare to cast a Widened Fireball, when the Orcs and Ogres begin to charge. +1 Strain.

Widened Entropic Fireball, 10 yards: 5d6 + 1d6 ⇒ (2, 6, 2, 4, 4) + (1) = 19

Will: 1d20 + 2 - 1d6 ⇒ (11) + 2 - (5) = 8
Outburst, 1 yard: 4d6 ⇒ (2, 5, 2, 1) = 10

Slow initiative: Greater sorcery- Potent spell. +1 strain. Action- Cast Explosive Missile.

He sighed. As expected, fanatics.
He unleashed the 3 missiles targeting the Closest Orcs together.

Entropic Potent damage: 3d6 ⇒ (6, 3, 6) = 15
Explosve missile 1: 1d6 + 2 + 15 ⇒ (5) + 2 + 15 = 22
Explosve missile 2: 1d6 + 2 + 15 ⇒ (4) + 2 + 15 = 21
Explosve missile 3: 1d6 + 2 + 15 ⇒ (6) + 2 + 15 = 23


Female Halfling Warrior/Fighter/Champion 9 | S13, A14, I9, W12 | Health 57; Damage 12 | D19 | Move: 8 | Insanity: 6 | Corruption: 0 | Fortune: Yes | Status: Normal

Uruuna fires a barrage of arrows, striking one orc and following up with a fatal snap shot!

Boons: 2d6 ⇒ (1, 1) = 2
Attack: 1d20 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 4 + 1 = 11
Boons: 2d6 ⇒ (1, 3) = 4
Attack: 1d20 + 4 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 4 + 3 = 12
Boons: 2d6 ⇒ (6, 1) = 7
Attack: 1d20 + 4 + 6 ⇒ (14) + 4 + 6 = 24
Damage: 3d6 ⇒ (4, 3, 4) = 11
Boons: 2d6 ⇒ (5, 2) = 7
Snap Shot: 1d20 + 4 + 5 ⇒ (9) + 4 + 5 = 18
Damage: 2d6 ⇒ (6, 6) = 12


Dramm weakens the ogres and some of the orcs while Joy's vines ensnare two other orcs. Imedren's fireball scorches all of the enemies, incinerating the two fragile orcs. Uruuna takes down a third while Selgear's arrow critically injures a fourth. Imedren sends a barrage of explosive missiles into the orcs' ranks, taking down the bleeding orc Sel struck.

One of the immobilized orcs breaks free of the vines while the others charge forward. They swing their axes, one of them striking Uruuna a glancing blow.

Imedren quickly casts another spell, detonating a trio of explosive missiles in the orcs' midst! All of the ones that charged forward fall, blasted to bits!

The ogres howl as they stomp closer, trampling their fallen allies and stopping two yards away from the front ranks. They swing their morningstars, one of which crashes against Dramm's force field and shatters the spell!

6 damage to Uruuna, 11 damage to Dramm. Everybody may act!

Enemy Status:
Ogre 1 -19 and fragile, Ogre 2 -9 and impaired, Orc 1 -8 and immobilized, Orc 2 -8


Lvl 9 Human Exorcist| HP 36+10/36| Defense 12 | Strain: 0 | Fortune: No | Strength 13, Agility 12, Intelligence 10, Wisdom 14| Move: 10 | Insanity: 0 | Corruption: 2 | Power: 5 | Status: Normal

Fast Turn: Cast Destroy on Fragile ogre, empowered for extra damage.

Extra Damage: 2d6 ⇒ (6, 6) = 12
Strain: 1d20 + 4 - 1d6 ⇒ (7) + 4 - (1) = 10

Dramm retaliates with deadly efficiency, blasting the fragile ogre with destructive power.


Male Human Level 9 / S 11, A 11, I 14, W, 12/(-1 bane) HP: 34, Damage: 0, Perception 14 (+3 boons), Defense 15 (20), Move 10, Insanity 4, Corruption 5, Sorcerers Strain (0), Status: (Normal) Fortune: Yes Bonus Fortune (1)

Fast initiative: Greater Sorcery- Potent spell. +1 strain. Action- Cast Fire blast.

Imedren looked at the two Ogres as they pushed forward to attack them, then he looked past them at the last pair of orcs still trapped.

"I warned you all, didn't I? That you were probably going to die, but you still thought you all had a chance. Or, well, clearly it's not death you're afraid of." he said, blasting both of the ogres with fire.

Entropic potent fire blast: 3d6 + 3d6 ⇒ (4, 1, 2) + (4, 3, 5) = 19

Slow initiative: Move around to the other side of the Ogres. If needed, he'll blast them a 2nd time. Greater Sorcery- Potent spell. +1 strain. Action- Cast Fire blast again.

Entropic potent fire blast: 3d6 + 3d6 ⇒ (1, 6, 2) + (2, 5, 1) = 17

"And if it's not failure you fear, because you have failed, why do you fight on? Do you know something we don't?"

Chaos boon: 1d6 ⇒ 2bonus
Banes: 2d6 ⇒ (5, 6) = 11
Will vs. Outburst: 1d20 + 2 + 2 - 6 ⇒ (20) + 2 + 2 - 6 = 18

Chaotic energies swirled around Imedren and his spells but he seemed to be within the eye of the storm and barely had any trouble hanging onto them as he spoke calmly to the trapped orcs.


Female Halfling Warrior/Fighter/Champion 9 | S13, A14, I9, W12 | Health 57; Damage 12 | D19 | Move: 8 | Insanity: 6 | Corruption: 0 | Fortune: Yes | Status: Normal

Uruuna fires another volley, striking each of the orcs in the knee, only lightly wounding them. She follows up with a snap shot to take out the freed orc!

Boons: 3d6 ⇒ (4, 1, 5) = 10
Attack vs Ogre: 1d20 + 4 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 + 4 = 14
Boons: 3d6 ⇒ (5, 3, 1) = 9
Attack vs Orc 1: 1d20 + 4 + 5 ⇒ (13) + 4 + 5 = 22
Damage: 3d6 ⇒ (1, 2, 1) = 4
Boons: 3d6 ⇒ (1, 3, 2) = 6
Attack vs Orc 2: 1d20 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 4 + 2 = 14
Damage: 2d6 ⇒ (1, 2) = 3
Boons: 2d6 ⇒ (6, 6) = 12
Snap Shot: 1d20 + 4 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 4 + 6 = 13
Damage: 2d6 ⇒ (4, 2) = 6


6 3 2 2 1 1 Master Magician/Witch/Trickster 9 (F) | S9, A13, I12 (w/coin), W13 | HP 29/29| Power 5 | Defense 14 | Insanity 0 | Fortune: No | Move: 10 | Status: Normal, definitely human

Joy vanishes, as a ball of witch fire rushes at the remaining rampaging ogre! Unfortunately, she slips slightly on something questionable, and it throws off her aim.

Fast initiative. Witch fire vs ogre. Good Advice boons to the needy.

Witch Fire vs Ogre Agility: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5

Damage: 2d6 ⇒ (2, 2) = 4


Male Faun Level 9 Hunter/Ranger/Acrobat | S11, A14, I13, W10 | Health 51 | Damage 0| D16 | Move: 16 | Perc 16 | Insanity: 0 | Corruption: 0 | NR: 2/2 | Fortune: Yes | Status: Ok

Keep one alive! Sel calls out, as he fires at the ogre.

Triggered Action: Set Prey.
Boons: Hunter, Ranger.
Boons: 2d6 ⇒ (5, 6) = 11
Attack: 1d20 + 4 + 6 ⇒ (16) + 4 + 6 = 26
Damage: 4d6 + 1 ⇒ (2, 1, 4, 4) + 1 = 12
Bleed Damage: 1d3 ⇒ 3
Bleed Rounds: 1d3 ⇒ 2


Dramm's spell annihilates the fragile ogre, causing its body to explode in a gruesome mass of blood and organs. As it falls, Imedren scorches the other ogre! In response, the ogre vomits in rage, spewing semidigested food all over Uruuna, Dramm, and Imedren! Selgaer shoots the ogre, but it does not fall.

Vomit: 2d6 ⇒ (2, 4) = 6

The ogre then smashes Dramm with its morningstar, hoping to avoid the same fate as its comrade!

Morningstar: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 5 = 16
Damage: 2d6 + 2 ⇒ (2, 1) + 2 = 5

Imedren shoots out more flames, but the ogre dodges the worst of it this time. The last orc struggles to free itself from the vines, to no avail. "We do not fear death! We will gladly die before becoming slaves again!" the orc shouts. "Glory to the true king! All hail Drudge! Kill all humans!"

5 damage to Dramm. Dramm, Uruuna, and Imedren each must make an Agility challenge. A creature takes 6 damage and is impaired for 1 round on a failure, or just takes 3 damage on a success. Everybody is up!

Enemy Status:
Ogre -51 and impaired, Orc -20 and immoibilized


Male Faun Level 9 Hunter/Ranger/Acrobat | S11, A14, I13, W10 | Health 51 | Damage 0| D16 | Move: 16 | Perc 16 | Insanity: 0 | Corruption: 0 | NR: 2/2 | Fortune: Yes | Status: Ok

Sel fires another shot.

Boons: Hunter 2, Ranger
Boons: 3d6 ⇒ (2, 2, 5) = 9
Bow: 1d20 + 4 + 5 ⇒ (16) + 4 + 5 = 25
Damage: 4d6 + 1 ⇒ (2, 5, 2, 2) + 1 = 12
Bleed Damage: 1d3 ⇒ 1
Bleed Rounds: 1d3 ⇒ 1


Female Halfling Warrior/Fighter/Champion 9 | S13, A14, I9, W12 | Health 57; Damage 12 | D19 | Move: 8 | Insanity: 6 | Corruption: 0 | Fortune: Yes | Status: Normal

Agility: 1d20 + 4 + 1d6 ⇒ (17) + 4 + (1) = 22

Uruuna dodges the worst of the vomit. Her face screwed up in disgust, she fires again, shooting the orc and ogre once each.

Boons: 3d6 ⇒ (5, 1, 4) = 10
Attack vs Ogre: 1d20 + 4 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 4 + 5 = 12
Boons: 3d6 ⇒ (1, 3, 5) = 9
Attack: 1d20 + 4 + 5 ⇒ (12) + 4 + 5 = 21
Damage: 3d6 ⇒ (2, 1, 5) = 8
Boons: 2d6 ⇒ (5, 1) = 6
Snap Shot vs Ogre: 1d20 + 4 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 4 + 5 = 15
Damage: 2d6 ⇒ (6, 3) = 9


6 3 2 2 1 1 Master Magician/Witch/Trickster 9 (F) | S9, A13, I12 (w/coin), W13 | HP 29/29| Power 5 | Defense 14 | Insanity 0 | Fortune: No | Move: 10 | Status: Normal, definitely human

Joy tries to focus, with all the ruckus, and not think about what is now surely stuck on the bottom of her boots.

It's no worse than in the garden!, she tries to convince herself.

Fast initiative. Good Advice to whomever needs it for agility challenge!

Witch Fire vs Ogre Agility: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10

Damage: 2d6 ⇒ (5, 3) = 8


Between the pair of arrows and Joy's witch fire, the second ogre groans and hits the ground with a mighty thud!

Dramm and Imedren are up!


Male Human Level 9 / S 11, A 11, I 14, W, 12/(-1 bane) HP: 34, Damage: 0, Perception 14 (+3 boons), Defense 15 (20), Move 10, Insanity 4, Corruption 5, Sorcerers Strain (0), Status: (Normal) Fortune: Yes Bonus Fortune (1)

Boons: 2d6 ⇒ (5, 1) = 6
Agility: 1d20 + 1 + 5 ⇒ (19) + 1 + 5 = 25

Imedren dodged out of the worst of the Ogres assault with a disgusted look. Then as the beast fell he stalked toward the Orc.

"You couldn't have figured out about the Iron Titans being transported on your own. Someone told you. Gave you the idea of where to attack the train. Who?!"


Strength, 1 Bane, Rising Fury: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (11) + 3 = 14

In response, the orc howls and breaks free of the vines! He raises his battleaxe and begins to rush at Imedren!

Imedren can still take his action, as can Dramm.


Male Human Level 9 / S 11, A 11, I 14, W, 12/(-1 bane) HP: 34, Damage: 0, Perception 14 (+3 boons), Defense 15 (20), Move 10, Insanity 4, Corruption 5, Sorcerers Strain (0), Status: (Normal) Fortune: Yes Bonus Fortune (1)

Empower spell: 2d6 ⇒ (3, 2) = 5
Delay: 1d20 + 4 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 4 + 3 = 13

Will vs outburst: 1d20 + 2 - 1d6 ⇒ (8) + 2 - (2) = 8

Outburst: 4d6 ⇒ (1, 4, 6, 2) = 13

2,551 to 2,600 of 2,757 << first < prev | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Tales of the Demon Lord All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.