GM Tealk's - Core - Thornkeep Series

Game Master Tealk

Dark Menagerie - Maps!


951 to 1,000 of 1,350 << first < prev | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | next > last >>
The Concordance

NG Halfling Ranger 4 Init +6 Perception +11 AC 19, t 15, ff 15 hp 40/40 Fort +9, Ref +10, Will +4; +2 vs. fear,

Seward points to his bow Let's take no chances

Liberty's Edge

Male Human Cleric of Cayden Cailean 5 | hp 40/43 | AC 19 T 9 FF 19 | CMD 15 | F +7 R +1 W +8 | Spd 20' | Init -1 | KnPla +6, KnRel +7, Perc +3, SensM +3 | channel 5/5 | daze touch 6/6 | Str surge 6/6 | clw wand 9/50 | cmw wand 4/5

So I guess Pietro will be carrying the scroll of daylight.

The Exchange

Male Halfling Air Elemental Sorcerer 6 | HP 26/26 | AC 18 t15 ff15 resist electricity 10 | CMB +1 CMD 14 | F+3 R+6 W+7 | Init+5 | Perc+3 SM+1 | Speed 20' | Elemental Ray 2/8 | Spells 1st 4/8; 2nd 3/6; 3rd 3/4 | Active conditions: none

You got it Seward. Anybody else? Saving it until we reach the threshold so that we don't start counting 10 rounds too soon.

Dark Archive

Thonrkeep - Dark Menagerie | Module - Daughters of Fury | Campaign - Return of the Runelords

The avatar once again bows before the acolytes Nhur Athemon, and quickly dissolves into stars which fill the sky of this chamber. You swiftly proceed back up the familiar path and across the bridge to the heavy set of stone doors which mark the entrance into the Grand Vault.

You make your final preparations, and enter. Let me know if you guys are usisng your wand of magic weapon on anyone else, currently only on Seward. @Telos, do you mind if Naneryn get's a tap of that wand for his weapon?

Party Conditions
Seward [magic weapon 1m]
Pietro
Telos [mage armor 1h]
Roran
Naneryn

The doors are easily moved, but this time you are not greeted by the emotionless face of the priest. The light from Pietro's cantrip casts odd shadows about the dark room. The teifling priests you slew the previous day are no longer there, their bodies obviously moved since last you saw them.

After a few moments, you hear the screech of a wooden door being dragged open. Iklavni, the cleric who was showing you around last time, can be seen at the edge of your light spell standing at the raised area at the end of the vault. "You are not welcome here. The Visitant does not wish to be bothered. He is in the middle of...preparations."

What do you do?

Liberty's Edge

Male Human Cleric of Cayden Cailean 5 | hp 40/43 | AC 19 T 9 FF 19 | CMD 15 | F +7 R +1 W +8 | Spd 20' | Init -1 | KnPla +6, KnRel +7, Perc +3, SensM +3 | channel 5/5 | daze touch 6/6 | Str surge 6/6 | clw wand 9/50 | cmw wand 4/5

Smile graciously and wave.

The Exchange

Male Halfling Air Elemental Sorcerer 6 | HP 26/26 | AC 18 t15 ff15 resist electricity 10 | CMB +1 CMD 14 | F+3 R+6 W+7 | Init+5 | Perc+3 SM+1 | Speed 20' | Elemental Ray 2/8 | Spells 1st 4/8; 2nd 3/6; 3rd 3/4 | Active conditions: none

Absolutely. A magic weapon for Naneryn.

Telos whispers to the others nearby.

Do we want to draw her out of the chamber and fight her separately before heading in to "disturb" the Visitant? I could do without the waves of dretches this time.

The Concordance

NG Halfling Ranger 4 Init +6 Perception +11 AC 19, t 15, ff 15 hp 40/40 Fort +9, Ref +10, Will +4; +2 vs. fear,

Seward nods at Telos plan.

Dark Archive

Thonrkeep - Dark Menagerie | Module - Daughters of Fury | Campaign - Return of the Runelords

Naneryn also nods at this plan, and tries to hide his shortsword from view.

The shadow of the human, whom at this point you realise is only an empty shell of what she once was, stands as still as the air in the room. Suddently, she turns her head to the door she walked out of. "He says that you are free to move on to the next floor. He wishes to depart this planet, he has seen enough. This is your final warning."

Waiting for you to take some sort of action.

Liberty's Edge

Male Human Cleric of Cayden Cailean 5 | hp 40/43 | AC 19 T 9 FF 19 | CMD 15 | F +7 R +1 W +8 | Spd 20' | Init -1 | KnPla +6, KnRel +7, Perc +3, SensM +3 | channel 5/5 | daze touch 6/6 | Str surge 6/6 | clw wand 9/50 | cmw wand 4/5

"WELL! YOU HEARD THE err--LADY. SHALL WE MOVE ALONG TO THE NEXT FLOOR THEN, heheh?" says Pietro stepping forward. He turns his head to his fellows and gives them an obvious wink.

bluff: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 2 = 14

He continues his approach with air of exaggerated innocence, whistling and looking about as if fascinated by the ceiling, the displays, and the floor. At his back one hand clutches his morningstar.

"QUITE A PLACE YOU HAVE HERE!" he says expansively, his gaze never making contact with the priestess's eyes.

The Exchange

Male Halfling Air Elemental Sorcerer 6 | HP 26/26 | AC 18 t15 ff15 resist electricity 10 | CMB +1 CMD 14 | F+3 R+6 W+7 | Init+5 | Perc+3 SM+1 | Speed 20' | Elemental Ray 2/8 | Spells 1st 4/8; 2nd 3/6; 3rd 3/4 | Active conditions: none

Telos calls out to the woman.

Could you come out here and have a quick chat with us?

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (17) + 5 = 22

Dark Archive

Thonrkeep - Dark Menagerie | Module - Daughters of Fury | Campaign - Return of the Runelords

SM: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8
1d100 ⇒ 11

She looks curiously at the group as you approach. She slowly makes her way down. What is it that you wish to discuss? Do you wish to hear more about our his greatness?

The Exchange

Male Halfling Air Elemental Sorcerer 6 | HP 26/26 | AC 18 t15 ff15 resist electricity 10 | CMB +1 CMD 14 | F+3 R+6 W+7 | Init+5 | Perc+3 SM+1 | Speed 20' | Elemental Ray 2/8 | Spells 1st 4/8; 2nd 3/6; 3rd 3/4 | Active conditions: none

Yeah! Totally. We figured you could come out here on neutral ground and talk us into submitting to you and your visitant!

Telos gets enthusiastic as it seems to be working.

Dark Archive

Thonrkeep - Dark Menagerie | Module - Daughters of Fury | Campaign - Return of the Runelords

Still waiting on you guys to make a move for her, or take the option of moving on.

She stands her ground, and puts her head on her shoulder. "You talk about wanting to submit, yet you seem frightened, small one. If you truly wish to embrace our new lord, then come and surrender yourself to him grace."

She motions for you to come and hug her.

The Exchange

Male Halfling Air Elemental Sorcerer 6 | HP 26/26 | AC 18 t15 ff15 resist electricity 10 | CMB +1 CMD 14 | F+3 R+6 W+7 | Init+5 | Perc+3 SM+1 | Speed 20' | Elemental Ray 2/8 | Spells 1st 4/8; 2nd 3/6; 3rd 3/4 | Active conditions: none

Hrm... based on "She slowly makes her way down" I thought we'd swayed her to come on out. But if not, I guess it's time to just go all in. You want init or can I just throw the first "punch"?

The Exchange

Male Halfling Air Elemental Sorcerer 6 | HP 26/26 | AC 18 t15 ff15 resist electricity 10 | CMB +1 CMD 14 | F+3 R+6 W+7 | Init+5 | Perc+3 SM+1 | Speed 20' | Elemental Ray 2/8 | Spells 1st 4/8; 2nd 3/6; 3rd 3/4 | Active conditions: none

The halfling sighs.

I really thought you could make this a little easier.

[standard] Cast flaming sphere, dropped directly on her
Fire damage, DC17 reflex regates: 3d6 ⇒ (5, 1, 4) = 10

He looks back at the others.

Have at her folks.

Liberty's Edge

Male Human Cleric of Cayden Cailean 5 | hp 40/43 | AC 19 T 9 FF 19 | CMD 15 | F +7 R +1 W +8 | Spd 20' | Init -1 | KnPla +6, KnRel +7, Perc +3, SensM +3 | channel 5/5 | daze touch 6/6 | Str surge 6/6 | clw wand 9/50 | cmw wand 4/5

*Sniff, sniff* "Do you smell something burning?" Pietro asks the priestess while looking about.

mwk morningstar v other cleric when she turns: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 14 damage: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9

Dark Archive

Thonrkeep - Dark Menagerie | Module - Daughters of Fury | Campaign - Return of the Runelords

Peitro's swing goes wide, as she nimbly dodges out of the way. Her eyes go dark for a movement. The empty-shell of a cleric wips her dagger from her belt and tries to hurt the boisterous Pietro before her. "HOW DARE YOU HARM ME! Traitors. The Visitant shall smite you all!"

Punching Dagger: 1d20 + 8 - 4 ⇒ (5) + 8 - 4 = 91d4 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4

Reflex,spell: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (5) + 8 = 13

She fails to dodge out of the way of the burning sphere.

Initiative:

Pietro: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (12) - 1 = 11
Roran: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8
Naneryn: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (13) + 6 = 19
Seward: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (15) + 4 = 19
Telos: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (10) + 5 = 15

Combat Tracker! wrote:


Round 1

@ Seward (mag. wep.)
@ Naneryn (mag. wep.)
@ Pietro
@ Roran (mag. wep.)
@ Telos (shield)

! Priest -10 lethal
! The Visitant ?

Team may act!

Liberty's Edge

Male Human Cleric of Cayden Cailean 5 | hp 40/43 | AC 19 T 9 FF 19 | CMD 15 | F +7 R +1 W +8 | Spd 20' | Init -1 | KnPla +6, KnRel +7, Perc +3, SensM +3 | channel 5/5 | daze touch 6/6 | Str surge 6/6 | clw wand 9/50 | cmw wand 4/5

Pietro swings his big, steel, hooked club as gentlemanly as possible for the woman's head hoping end the battle quickly so as not to hurt the poor crazy thing too badly.

mwk morningstar v other cleric when she turns: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (17) + 6 = 23 damage: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9

The Concordance

NG Halfling Ranger 4 Init +6 Perception +11 AC 19, t 15, ff 15 hp 40/40 Fort +9, Ref +10, Will +4; +2 vs. fear,

Seward smirks, grabs a couple of regular arrows and snaps them at her

Point Blank Shot Rapid Shot Longbow + Magic Weapon: 1d20 + 10 + 1 + 1 - 2 ⇒ (18) + 10 + 1 + 1 - 2 = 281d6 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 2 + 1 = 9
Point Blank Shot Rapid Shot Longbow + Magic Weapon: 1d20 + 10 + 1 + 1 - 2 ⇒ (4) + 10 + 1 + 1 - 2 = 141d6 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 2 + 1 = 7

The Exchange

Male Halfling Air Elemental Sorcerer 6 | HP 26/26 | AC 18 t15 ff15 resist electricity 10 | CMB +1 CMD 14 | F+3 R+6 W+7 | Init+5 | Perc+3 SM+1 | Speed 20' | Elemental Ray 2/8 | Spells 1st 4/8; 2nd 3/6; 3rd 3/4 | Active conditions: none

Flaming sphere Fire damage, DC17 reflex negates: 3d6 ⇒ (5, 5, 5) = 15 2 rounds left after

Telos advances towards the cleric in hopes to use shorter range attacks soon.

[double move]


Prototype GM Tool CR-X

Seward and Naneryn double move.

Dark Archive

Thonrkeep - Dark Menagerie | Module - Daughters of Fury | Campaign - Return of the Runelords

Taking a few big hits to the torso, the woman stumbles backwards, but manages to hold on for one more swing. She screams right in Pietro's face, "THE VISITANT WILL COVER THESE HALLS WITH YOUR BLOOD!

Reflex, spell: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (9) + 8 = 17
Punching Dagger: 1d20 + 8 - 4 ⇒ (7) + 8 - 4 = 111d4 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5

She misses once again, against the armour of the man before her. Still, she has a wicked look on her face. She is not afraid of dying here, you can tell.

Combat Tracker! wrote:


Round 2
@ Seward (mag. wep.)
@ Naneryn (mag. wep.)
@ Pietro
@ Roran (mag. wep.)
@ Telos (shield)

! Priest -36 lethal
! The Visitant ?

Team may act!

Liberty's Edge

Male Human Cleric of Cayden Cailean 5 | hp 40/43 | AC 19 T 9 FF 19 | CMD 15 | F +7 R +1 W +8 | Spd 20' | Init -1 | KnPla +6, KnRel +7, Perc +3, SensM +3 | channel 5/5 | daze touch 6/6 | Str surge 6/6 | clw wand 9/50 | cmw wand 4/5

Pietro moves to cut off her escape.

**SWOOOSH!**

mwk morningstar v other cleric: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (19) + 6 = 25 damage: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3

The Concordance

NG Halfling Ranger 4 Init +6 Perception +11 AC 19, t 15, ff 15 hp 40/40 Fort +9, Ref +10, Will +4; +2 vs. fear,

Seward Advances and snaps off another shot at her.

Magic Weapon + PBS: 1d20 + 10 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 10 + 1 = 211d6 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 2 + 1 = 4

Silver Crusade

Male LG Human Paladin of Iomedae 5 | HP 41/44 | AC 25 T 11 FF 24 | CMB +8, CMD 20 | F: +7, R: +6, W: +8 | Init: +2 | Perc: +6; SM: +10 | Speed 30ft (20 ft in armor) | Detect Evil: At Will | Smite Evil: 2/2 | Lay on Hands: 3/4 | Aura of Courage (10ft) | Active conditions:

Roran advances and takes a swipe at the female.

my weapon was already a +1 btw
Powera attack+flank
magic/slashing: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (10) + 8 = 181d8 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12

The Exchange

Male Halfling Air Elemental Sorcerer 6 | HP 26/26 | AC 18 t15 ff15 resist electricity 10 | CMB +1 CMD 14 | F+3 R+6 W+7 | Init+5 | Perc+3 SM+1 | Speed 20' | Elemental Ray 2/8 | Spells 1st 4/8; 2nd 3/6; 3rd 3/4 | Active conditions: none

Flaming sphere Fire damage, DC17 reflex negates: 3d6 ⇒ (3, 6, 3) = 12 1 round left after

Telos continues concentrating on the flaming sphere, outstretching his left hand and firing a ray of electricity at the cleric.

[standard] elemental ray attack, electricity damage: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (14) + 7 = 211d6 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7

He slides to the right to square his aim with the cleric.

[move] 10' S

Dark Archive

Thonrkeep - Dark Menagerie | Module - Daughters of Fury | Campaign - Return of the Runelords

And with the final blow from the party, the woman falls. Her expression as blanc as ever, though she seems quite at peace. The thud of her corpse echoes through the room, as the darkness seems to encroach onto the party. Then. Silence. It is almost deafening, as you feel subtle vibrations in the air. Something approaches.

Combat Tracker! wrote:


Round 3
@ Seward (mag. wep.)
@ Naneryn (mag. wep.)
@ Pietro
@ Roran
@ Telos (shield)

! Priest -72 lethal
! The Visitant ?
Team may act!

You think you have a turn to prepare.

The Exchange

Male Halfling Air Elemental Sorcerer 6 | HP 26/26 | AC 18 t15 ff15 resist electricity 10 | CMB +1 CMD 14 | F+3 R+6 W+7 | Init+5 | Perc+3 SM+1 | Speed 20' | Elemental Ray 2/8 | Spells 1st 4/8; 2nd 3/6; 3rd 3/4 | Active conditions: none

Does anyone else need a magic weapon before the thing arrives? Get that scroll of Daylight in-hand, now!

Telos calls out as he looks back and forth for the obvious danger.

Do we get another knowledge roll on it this time? I think we missed on that the first time

Liberty's Edge

Male Human Cleric of Cayden Cailean 5 | hp 40/43 | AC 19 T 9 FF 19 | CMD 15 | F +7 R +1 W +8 | Spd 20' | Init -1 | KnPla +6, KnRel +7, Perc +3, SensM +3 | channel 5/5 | daze touch 6/6 | Str surge 6/6 | clw wand 9/50 | cmw wand 4/5
Telos Downshot wrote:

Does anyone else need a magic weapon before the thing arrives? Get that scroll of Daylight in-hand, now!

Telos calls out as he looks back and forth for the obvious danger.

"CALM DOWN MAN! THERE'S NO NEED TO SHOUT!" Pietro says rummaging through his pockets. "I've got it here.... Somewhere."

Telos Downshot wrote:
Do we get another knowledge roll on it this time? I think we missed on that the first time

We may have missed the check, the first time but the party should know what weapons, and attack forms seemed to work best from the last time. Any chance we could get a reminder, GM? Oh and remember that Pietro was armed with Naneryn's short sword for most of the fight. He hasn't actually used a morningstar against the thing.

Pietro mutters a short prayer to himself interjected with cursing as he turns his pockets inside out.

Pietro casts protection from evil upon himself as his standard action and retrieves the scroll (or maybe last week's to-do list) from his pockets.

Dark Archive

Thonrkeep - Dark Menagerie | Module - Daughters of Fury | Campaign - Return of the Runelords

It is a knowledge nature to identify this creature, which I believe none of you have. Any other suggestions?

Liberty's Edge

Male Human Cleric of Cayden Cailean 5 | hp 40/43 | AC 19 T 9 FF 19 | CMD 15 | F +7 R +1 W +8 | Spd 20' | Init -1 | KnPla +6, KnRel +7, Perc +3, SensM +3 | channel 5/5 | daze touch 6/6 | Str surge 6/6 | clw wand 9/50 | cmw wand 4/5

I wasn't referring to knowing what it is, but rather how things the PCs observed interacted with it on our previous encounter. Generally, when you hit a foe with something you can tell whether or not it has Damage Reduction against whatever it was, since you can observe the effect. So if it has any DR against anything we have used against it before we should probably know that going into this fight. Now sometimes we might not know exactly what the "magical bullet" is. For instance, someone might hit a foe with a magical cold iron short sword and wound it more than the guy just using the long sword and not know if difference was the magic or the cold iron. I honestly don't even know if it has DR, but if it does, and we know because of previous experience then we should know.

The Concordance

NG Halfling Ranger 4 Init +6 Perception +11 AC 19, t 15, ff 15 hp 40/40 Fort +9, Ref +10, Will +4; +2 vs. fear,

Seward has two arrows - one silver and cold iron knocked and at the ready once he sees his foe.

Liberty's Edge

Male Human Cleric of Cayden Cailean 5 | hp 40/43 | AC 19 T 9 FF 19 | CMD 15 | F +7 R +1 W +8 | Spd 20' | Init -1 | KnPla +6, KnRel +7, Perc +3, SensM +3 | channel 5/5 | daze touch 6/6 | Str surge 6/6 | clw wand 9/50 | cmw wand 4/5

I suppose it might be easier to ask did Naneryn's cold iron short sword seem effective against the creature. Though to be honest, I don't even remember if Pietro hit the thing to know.

Silver Crusade

Male LG Human Paladin of Iomedae 5 | HP 41/44 | AC 25 T 11 FF 24 | CMB +8, CMD 20 | F: +7, R: +6, W: +8 | Init: +2 | Perc: +6; SM: +10 | Speed 30ft (20 ft in armor) | Detect Evil: At Will | Smite Evil: 2/2 | Lay on Hands: 3/4 | Aura of Courage (10ft) | Active conditions:

I know Roran slashing weapon did some damage to it. And it is only magic and slashing

Dark Archive

Thonrkeep - Dark Menagerie | Module - Daughters of Fury | Campaign - Return of the Runelords

Ah, alright. Well, out of all of your weapons, only Roran's seemed to have had full effect against The Visitant. Being magical and slashing.

Let's get the party rolling!

All of a sudden the vibrations in the air stop, and you feel a heavy presence. Just as quickly, the creature reveals itself, being 20ft in the air and casting hold person on Telos!

Combat Tracker! wrote:


Round 4
@ Seward (mag. wep.)
@ Naneryn (mag. wep., proc. evil)
@ Pietro
@ Roran
@ Telos (shield) - DC16 Will vs Hold Person!

! Priest -72 lethal
! The Visitant ?

Team may act!

The Exchange

Male Halfling Air Elemental Sorcerer 6 | HP 26/26 | AC 18 t15 ff15 resist electricity 10 | CMB +1 CMD 14 | F+3 R+6 W+7 | Init+5 | Perc+3 SM+1 | Speed 20' | Elemental Ray 2/8 | Spells 1st 4/8; 2nd 3/6; 3rd 3/4 | Active conditions: none

As the spell attempts to grip the halfling sorcerer, he struggles against it indignantly.

No! This is not how I'm spending this fight!

Will, DC16: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11

Darn. Another save next round I guess.

He stands motionless after this.

The Concordance

NG Halfling Ranger 4 Init +6 Perception +11 AC 19, t 15, ff 15 hp 40/40 Fort +9, Ref +10, Will +4; +2 vs. fear,

Seward takes a couple of snap shots at the monster with his magical iron and magical silver arrows.

Point Blank Shot Rapid Shot Longbow Cold Iron: 1d20 + 10 + 1 - 2 ⇒ (7) + 10 + 1 - 2 = 161d6 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 2 + 1 = 6
Point Blank Shot Rapid Shot Longbow SILVER: 1d20 + 10 + 1 - 2 ⇒ (14) + 10 + 1 - 2 = 231d6 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8

Liberty's Edge

Male Human Cleric of Cayden Cailean 5 | hp 40/43 | AC 19 T 9 FF 19 | CMD 15 | F +7 R +1 W +8 | Spd 20' | Init -1 | KnPla +6, KnRel +7, Perc +3, SensM +3 | channel 5/5 | daze touch 6/6 | Str surge 6/6 | clw wand 9/50 | cmw wand 4/5

Pietro looks over at Telos, and in a loud whisper says: "I don't think I should activate the scroll yet. Don't say anything! Just nod once when you think it is time."

Then he steps up behind Roran and clasping him on the shoulder says: "WELL, THERE'S THE UGLY BASTARD. YOU BEST GO GET IT LAD. GOOD LUCK. WE'LL BE ROOTING FOR YOU. RIGHT FELLAS?"

Pietro scowls when he sees Telos fail to nod in agreement.

Pietro's patron, Cayden Cailean takes this a prayer and grants his blessing to Roran.

He casts protection from evil on Roran.

Dark Archive

Thonrkeep - Dark Menagerie | Module - Daughters of Fury | Campaign - Return of the Runelords

Roran and Naneryn hesitate to take out their ranged weapons, seeing their ranger companion struggle to land his blows. The elf squeeks, "We should wait for him to get within range."

I will roll for their attack rolls now, but they will move to try and flank when the monster comes down.

Longsword: 1d20 + 8 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 8 + 2 = 211d8 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11
Shortsword: 1d20 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 6 + 2 = 281d6 + 2 + 1d6 ⇒ (6) + 2 + (3) = 11
Shortsword: 1d20 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 6 + 2 = 161d6 + 2 + 1d6 ⇒ (1) + 2 + (5) = 8 does sneak attack also double if confirm?

The Exchange

Male Halfling Air Elemental Sorcerer 6 | HP 26/26 | AC 18 t15 ff15 resist electricity 10 | CMB +1 CMD 14 | F+3 R+6 W+7 | Init+5 | Perc+3 SM+1 | Speed 20' | Elemental Ray 2/8 | Spells 1st 4/8; 2nd 3/6; 3rd 3/4 | Active conditions: none

Nope

Sneak Attack wrote:

If a rogue can catch an opponent when he is unable to defend himself effectively from her attack, she can strike a vital spot for extra damage.

The rogue's attack deals extra damage anytime her target would be denied a Dexterity bonus to AC (whether the target actually has a Dexterity bonus or not), or when the rogue flanks her target. This extra damage is 1d6 at 1st level, and increases by 1d6 every two rogue levels thereafter. Should the rogue score a critical hit with a sneak attack, this extra damage is not multiplied. Ranged attacks can count as sneak attacks only if the target is within 30 feet.

Dark Archive

Thonrkeep - Dark Menagerie | Module - Daughters of Fury | Campaign - Return of the Runelords

The creature mocks the party, "Your petty tactics will not work, acolytes." It swoops down to attack the helpless Telos.

Claw: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (14) + 14 = 281d4 + 4 + 2d6 ⇒ (3) + 4 + (1, 1) = 9
Grab: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (1) + 15 = 161d4 ⇒ 2 CHA DAMAGE

The Visitant ends up missing the grab, as he gets flanked by the party. For not, the party's sorcerer is safe.

The rogue lands a good blow, but the paladin in the group misses by a fraction.

Combat Tracker! wrote:


Round 5
@ Seward (mag. wep.)
@ Naneryn (mag. wep., proc. evil)
@ Pietro
@ Roran (proc. evil)
@ Telos -9 lethal (shield) - DC16 Will vs Hold Person!

! Priest -72 lethal
! The Visitant -9 lethal

Team may act!

Liberty's Edge

Male Human Cleric of Cayden Cailean 5 | hp 40/43 | AC 19 T 9 FF 19 | CMD 15 | F +7 R +1 W +8 | Spd 20' | Init -1 | KnPla +6, KnRel +7, Perc +3, SensM +3 | channel 5/5 | daze touch 6/6 | Str surge 6/6 | clw wand 9/50 | cmw wand 4/5
GM Tealk wrote:
The rogue lands a good blow, but the paladin in the group misses by a fraction.

"WELL ROUND UP MAN! ROUND UP!"

GM Tealk wrote:


Round 5
@ Seward (mag. wep.)
@ Naneryn (mag. wep., proc. evil)
@ Pietro Also has prot. evil.
@ Roran (proc. evil)
@ Telos -9 lethal (shield) - DC16 Will vs Hold Person!

! Priest -72 lethal
! The Visitant -9 lethal

Team may act!

Pietro casts bull's strength out of melee range, holds the charge and delivers it to Roran.

Silver Crusade

Male LG Human Paladin of Iomedae 5 | HP 41/44 | AC 25 T 11 FF 24 | CMB +8, CMD 20 | F: +7, R: +6, W: +8 | Init: +2 | Perc: +6; SM: +10 | Speed 30ft (20 ft in armor) | Detect Evil: At Will | Smite Evil: 2/2 | Lay on Hands: 3/4 | Aura of Courage (10ft) | Active conditions:

I would have smite evil, knowing from previous fight that he did ping as evil. But, will do so know.

"I will end you foul beast."

Roran says letting his divine powers flow through him.

Power attack+smite evil
magic slashing: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (18) + 8 = 261d8 + 8 ⇒ (5) + 8 = 13

The Exchange

Male Halfling Air Elemental Sorcerer 6 | HP 26/26 | AC 18 t15 ff15 resist electricity 10 | CMB +1 CMD 14 | F+3 R+6 W+7 | Init+5 | Perc+3 SM+1 | Speed 20' | Elemental Ray 2/8 | Spells 1st 4/8; 2nd 3/6; 3rd 3/4 | Active conditions: none

Will DC16: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (14) + 6 = 20

Phew! Freeeeeee!

I don't think we used any fire on the visitant last battle. IIRC, he was immune to electricity. So, trying this...

[5' step] N
[standard] cast flaming sphere, starting in the square of the visitant

Flaming sphere Fire damage, DC17 reflex negates: 3d6 ⇒ (4, 2, 2) = 8

3 more rounds of flaming sphere after

Dark Archive

Thonrkeep - Dark Menagerie | Module - Daughters of Fury | Campaign - Return of the Runelords

Seward goes to shoot once more.
Point Blank Shot Rapid Shot Longbow: 1d20 + 10 + 1 - 2 ⇒ (10) + 10 + 1 - 2 = 191d6 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3
Point Blank Shot Rapid Shot Longbow: 1d20 + 10 + 1 - 2 ⇒ (13) + 10 + 1 - 2 = 221d6 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5

Naneryn swings again.
Shortsword, flank: 1d20 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 6 + 2 = 211d6 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7

Dark Archive

Thonrkeep - Dark Menagerie | Module - Daughters of Fury | Campaign - Return of the Runelords

Oh that's right, i frogot to smite for you lasts turn. It would have hit, so i say we ret-con that and actually say you did the damage. Make things a little more interesting...

The creature groans, if you can call it groaning, from the blows and whispers in your minds, "You will know darkness..."

The fire seems to not hurt the creature.

Piero, and Naneryn will get AOOs!

AOO, Naneryn: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 141d6 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4

Combat Tracker! wrote:


Round 6
@ Seward (mag. wep.)
@ Naneryn (mag. wep., proc. evil)
@ Pietro - AOO!
@ Roran (proc. evil)
@ Telos -9 lethal (shield)

! Priest -72 lethal
! The Visitant -37 lethal

Team may act!

Dark Archive

Thonrkeep - Dark Menagerie | Module - Daughters of Fury | Campaign - Return of the Runelords

As per darkness spell, there is a 20 ft of darkness around you guys...if, Pietro, manages to hit and it fails concentration check.

If hit, concentration check!:

concentration: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (12) + 7 = 19

Liberty's Edge

Male Human Cleric of Cayden Cailean 5 | hp 40/43 | AC 19 T 9 FF 19 | CMD 15 | F +7 R +1 W +8 | Spd 20' | Init -1 | KnPla +6, KnRel +7, Perc +3, SensM +3 | channel 5/5 | daze touch 6/6 | Str surge 6/6 | clw wand 9/50 | cmw wand 4/5

"TAKE THAT!" **SWOOSH!**

mwk morningstar v Visitant (AoO): 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (11) + 6 = 17 damage: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10

The Concordance

NG Halfling Ranger 4 Init +6 Perception +11 AC 19, t 15, ff 15 hp 40/40 Fort +9, Ref +10, Will +4; +2 vs. fear,

Seward fires two more shots.

Longbow: 1d20 + 10 + 1 - 2 ⇒ (10) + 10 + 1 - 2 = 191d6 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9
Longbow: 1d20 + 10 + 1 - 2 ⇒ (10) + 10 + 1 - 2 = 191d6 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4

Dark Archive

Thonrkeep - Dark Menagerie | Module - Daughters of Fury | Campaign - Return of the Runelords

The rooms grows darker, as the creatures spell goes off.

I will put aura on later, but yeah, darkness is up. So Seward won't be able to see just yet.

951 to 1,000 of 1,350 << first < prev | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Tealk’s - Core - Thornkeep Series All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.