GM Tealk's - Core - Thornkeep Series

Game Master Tealk

Unknown Dungeon - Maps!


1,051 to 1,100 of 1,190 << first < prev | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | next > last >>
Liberty's Edge

Male Human Cleric of Cayden Cailean 4 | hp 35 | AC 19 T 9 (11) FF 19 | CMD 13 | F +7 R +1 W +8 | Spd 20' | Init -1 | KnPla +5, KnRel +7, Perc +3, SensM +3 | channel 3/5 | daze touch 6/6 | Str surge 6/6 | clw wand 11/50 |
Telos Downshot wrote:
But really, a little help from the beefy folk? I think I'm just a light snack for it.

SURE! Next round....

Dark Archive

Thonrkeep - Maps | Campaign - Runelords

The creature lets the slippery sorcerer go, thinking that he has him to the wall. To his surprise, Telos is able to find it within himself to find the courage...no, willpower, to concentrate on one final spell.

As the magic missiles connect with the creature, you feel fear within the vibrations in the air. The Visitant is visibly shaken. As he begins to retreat, your minds ring with his voice. "EAAAAAHHHAAAIAIIIII! *TTTZZZZZZZZZZ* You don't know … what you … are … *SSSSSSTTTTTZZZZ* … doing!"

The creature flies moves away from the group, barely keeping itself up right. Provoking attack of opportunity from Pietro!

I will say that combat is now over, you have brought it across it's threshold for him retreating. Unless you guys you think you can finish him off in another round, he opens the door and escapes - after turning invisible next round.

The sweat and blood drips from your brows, as you take in the silence of the aftermath. Two of your allies, badly damaged but stable, lie in their own pool of blood on the ground. You survived something otherworldly, yet you don't think your journey through this dungeon is quite yet over.

After healing up your friends, and resting for a brief moment, you gather up the courage to go see where this alien had gone. You find three more passageways further into the nightmare.

The first, a ten-foot-wide hallway leads east from this point, but beyond the first fifteen feet, no details are visible through the glowing, swirling mass of pale mist that fills the entire hall. This is the way to last floor - The Sanctum of the Lost Age!

The second, a narrow tunnel that looks like it was dug with picks leads off to the northwest. You think taking this path will lead you back outside into the Echo Wood.

The last, two f lights of stairs curl around this room, descending
downward into darkness. This is the way to second last floor - The Dark Menagerie!

You think the path forward will not be quite easy, so you decide it is time for a well deserved break. Whatever that creature was, you don't this is will take it's defeat well. You should report these findings to the Society, and see what they advise.

And with that, you start making your way back up to the surface.

[ooc]Congratulations, that was rough, but you did it! Level up! I will do your chronicles tomorrow afternoon. I will bring the conversation into the discussion tab![ooc]

Silver Crusade

Male LG Human Paladin of Iomedae 4 | HP 36/36 | AC 24 T 11 FF 23 | CMB +7, CMD 19 | F: +7, R: +6, W: +8 | Init: +2 | Perc: +4; SM: +9 | Speed 30ft (20 ft in armor) | Detect Evil: At Will | Smite Evil: 2/2 | Lay on Hands: 2/4 | Aura of Courage (10ft) | Active conditions:

Good work guys. Thanks for finishing the fight. Wish I could have done more. But that thing was brutal

Dark Archive

Thonrkeep - Maps | Campaign - Runelords

As you start your recovery process back in town, you dwell on the events of your last few days. What are we really doing in that dungeon? How are we ever going to solve the mysteries left by Nhur Athemon?

Baron Blackshield is happy with the score you've landed to recover from the vaults. Although, Iliara is quick to convince him that these relics are too dangerous to keep around in town, and swiftly calls for your mentor to come visit from Absalom.

A few days later, Kreighton Shaine, the Master of Scrolls comes to visit you all back in the tavern, joining you for a drink. He get's you all around a private booth and away from preying ears. He smiles warmly, and observes the fatigue in each and every one of you. "You have done well - all of you. Please don't think that the Society has been ignoring you. We have been keeping close tabs on your progress here. Your reports have shed light on many mysteries, and I believe we are closer than ever to the truth behind Nhur Athemons' entombment within The Emerald Spire."

He continues, "From what you have described - you encountered Mi-go, and a powerful one at that. It is not only impressive that you fought it off, but that you survived the ordeal. The Mi-go are a race of extraterrestrial travelers from the Dark Tapestry who view the universe as a canvas to be mastered and controlled. Sightings of such beings is few and far in between - so witnessing one, and living to tell the tale, is an extraordinary feat of triumph. I have never faced one myself they are so rare. Nasty things, no good can ever come from them visiting our planet."

He nods, "The relics you uncovered, will be inspected and examined closely back at Absalom, under close supervision of Sheila Heidmarch."

After another round of drinks, and some more talking he briefs you all on another mission. "I think you all deserve a break, don't you? Venture-Captain Shevar Besnik is a good friend of mine and is looking for a team to run some errands, and join him for some well earned timeout!" He grins, "So, who here want's to go to Lastwall for a holiday?"

The Exchange

Male Halfling Air Elemental Sorcerer 6 | HP 26/26 | AC 18 t15 ff15 resist electricity 10 | CMB +1 CMD 14 | F+3 R+6 W+7 | Init+5 | Perc+3 SM+1 | Speed 20' | Elemental Ray 8/8 | Spells 1st 8/8; 2nd 6/6; 3rd 4/4 | Active conditions: none

The halfling has been distinctly avoiding even looking in the direction of the keep these past few days.

Work that’s a break from that place does sound in order. I could use a more continuous supply of fresh air while I work.

Dark Archive

Thonrkeep - Maps | Campaign - Runelords

With one final word, Kreighton Shaine sends you on your way, "That's the spirit, young man! Nothing like a little fresh air to set you on the straight and narrow again!" You take the next few days in travel from the River Kingdoms to Lastwall, where you catch up on some well needed rest and daylight.

-------------

After several days travel, and catching up amongst each other with your own stories and ambitions, you make your way to Vellumis - a dark town on the edge of a dark place. You have heard of Lastwall before, for it's infamous defence against the Whispering Tyrant. So, we traded up one mad wizard, for another...? Great, is this our life now?

Loud and raucous conversation flters through the door from the common room of the Uscalin Lodge, which doubles as the Ace of Dreams gambling house. “I know it’s here. I had it just a moment ago.” Venture-Captain Shevar Besnik lifts piles of papers and numerous boxes off of his desk, stacking them on various side tables and chairs in his clean but overly cluttered offce. The tall, Varisian man’s face parts in a toothy grin as he lifts up a solid oak box. “Found it!” As if to punctuate his discovery, a crowd of players in the gambling hall erupts in cheers. Distracted for a moment, Besnik stares at the closed office door that leads to the common room. “Desna laughs. Well, she laughs at me, but she smiles on them.” The venture captain shrugs. “All they have is gold what I have in here is far more valuable.”

He smiles eagerly at the party before him, "So you're the lads Kreighton's been tellin' me about?" He rubs his hands maliciously, "Let me tell you, you're in for a real treat!"

Besnik opens the box’s lid painstakingly slowly, careful to keep the contents out of sight. With reverence, he lifts a large tome from the box and gently sets it on the table. “Careful, the binding hasn’t held up well. This is one of the few Tomes of Righteous Repose left in the world. I’m pretty sure there’s one in the library of the Sancta Iomedaea in Vigil, but I’m—well, let’s just say I’m no longer welcome there. That’s a story for another time. Up until today, I’ve only skimmed the pages. I didn’t want to damage it, but now that you’re here, I can’t wait any longer. Care to plumb the depths of this most ancient and wonderful storybook? Oh, the marvelous adventures we will soon read! This tome is a collection of tales describing how various crusaders died gloriously and honorably. I’m hoping to find some clues in the text that will lead us to an as-of-yet undiscovered site or relic. Maybe we can trade a bit of what we find with the Knights of Ozem and earn ourselves some goodwill. After what happened last time, we need it. Care to peruse the pages with me?"

I will give you some time to at least roster back up. Please take your time levelling up, we won't be starting with anything serious until Monday.

The Exchange

Male Halfling Air Elemental Sorcerer 6 | HP 26/26 | AC 18 t15 ff15 resist electricity 10 | CMB +1 CMD 14 | F+3 R+6 W+7 | Init+5 | Perc+3 SM+1 | Speed 20' | Elemental Ray 8/8 | Spells 1st 8/8; 2nd 6/6; 3rd 4/4 | Active conditions: none

The halfling hops up on a chair or stool next to the table to get a better look at the book.

Sure thing! How is it organized? Do we just start at the beginning or pick a random page?

Dark Archive

Thonrkeep - Maps | Campaign - Runelords

The Venture Captain simply laughs as Telos tries to get a better look at the tome. He then positions a few chairs next to the table for the more vertically challenged party members. As you peruse the book you come across a significant piece of art next to a poem in the tome. The piece depicts three samurai in a Minkai art style. The Venture-Captain jolts upright. “Minkai art! Let’s see, the Minkai Empire was founded in 3619, and the empire’s first explorers didn’t reach the west coast of the continent until at least 3691 ar, which leaves only sixty years before the beginning of the Shining Crusade itself. These women could have been among the first Minkai citizens to reach the Inner Sea! Let’s see, what secrets does the poem on this page hold?”

Stranglegut are legion, forces of death,
Soldiers of the lich who were promised might.
A bold samurai struck forth; in a breath.
A thousand orcs struck down before her sight.

From tow’ring giant green, a challenge thrown;
The chieftain Slarg upon the bloody field
That she would stand in front of him alone
And not for less than death would either yield.

With cries of faith cast to the rising sun
The brave samurai charged and met his steel.
Her blade she shoved beneath his ribs, she spun
A scratch from poisoned blade forced her to keel

In Torag’s house the elf was last interred.
With view of Kala’s Tears, her peace insured.

"So she died in battle, victim to orcs’ treachery. If we can locate this ruin and retrieve the samurai’s remains and her blade, we can present them to the Knights of Ozem for proper burial. Any ideas on where this might be? Looks like there are some clues in the poem."

Knowledge(Local or Geography) 10+:
Hordes of orcs live in the Hold of Belkzen, most of which is a barren wasteland with terrifying creatures and very few resources.

Knowledge(Local or Geography) 15+:
Fresh water is one of the most important commodities when traveling in Belkzen, as there are very few natural sources available.

Knowledge(Local or Geography) 20+:
Most major orc settlements and fortresses are in the ruins of castles and keeps built by the Shining Crusade or the dwarves before them.

Knowledge(History or Local 10+:
A shining crusader charged into battle alone against a horde of orcs. Before dying, the crusader fought through the ranks and slew the chieftain, sending his clan running. This story is often used to teach faith in the face of impossible odds.

Knowledge(History or Local 15+:
The vast Stranglegut Clan was under the control of Tar-Baphon.

Knowledge(History or Local 20+:
When the sonnet’s hero died, the crusaders buried her and her sword, which had shattered against the orc’s bones, in a dwarven ruin. After the orc chief perished, his hordes fled. Without this victory, the Shining Crusade would have suffered major losses.

The Exchange

Male Halfling Air Elemental Sorcerer 6 | HP 26/26 | AC 18 t15 ff15 resist electricity 10 | CMB +1 CMD 14 | F+3 R+6 W+7 | Init+5 | Perc+3 SM+1 | Speed 20' | Elemental Ray 8/8 | Spells 1st 8/8; 2nd 6/6; 3rd 4/4 | Active conditions: none

Knowledge(Geography), untrained, Max DC10: 1d20 ⇒ 11

Maybe the Hold of Belkzen? But I hope not...

Knowledge(History), untrained, Max DC10: 1d20 ⇒ 5

Not much help here, sorry :/

The Exchange

Male N Medium Human Bard 5 | HP 43/43 | AC 20, T 15, FF 15 | CMB +5 CMD 19 | F +6 R +12 W +7 | Init +6 | Perc +11 SM +12 | Speed 30ft | 1st:5/5 2nd:3/3 | Bardic Performance 14/14 | Active Conditions:

A male human enters and cheerfully greets the other pathfinders. He has a bow slung across his back and has a rapier at his side. He has never been to Lastwall before and is generally cheerful at the travels, even here Greetings fellow pathfinders. Sorry I'm a bit late to the briefing, but I caught that poem. Let me think on it for a second...

Knowledge:Local: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (11) + 7 = 18
Knowledge:Local: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (13) + 7 = 20

Will continues to tell his fellow pathfinders what he recalls, Hordes of orcs live in the Hold of Belkzen, most of which is a barren wasteland with terrifying creatures and very few resources. Especially rare is fresh water. Do any of you have the magical ability to create it, as that would be quite valuable.

I remember a legend about a shining crusader charged into battle alone against a horde of orcs. Before dying, the crusader fought through the ranks and slew the chieftain, sending his clan running. This story is often used to teach faith in the face of impossible odds. The vast Stranglegut Clan was under the control of Tar-Baphon. When the sonnet’s hero died, the crusaders buried her and her sword, which had shattered against the orc’s bones, in a dwarven ruin. After the orc chief perished, his hordes fled. Without this victory, the Shining Crusade would have suffered major losses.

If that legend is the appropriate one, we should be able to find her remains and blade in the dwarven ruins.

Dark Archive

Thonrkeep - Maps | Campaign - Runelords

"Ah, and you must be Will! You made it just in time, friend! I am syre you all wouldn't mind, I hired an extra hand for this task. Shaine sends his warmest regards!"

Knowledge(Geography), Survival DC18:
A thorough analysis of the poem reveals the following information, which is sufficient to pinpoint the location: the Stranglegut clan was a prominent horde of orcs allied with the Whispering Tyrant; in their day, they controlled the orc’s largest settlement, Urgir. Kala’s Rage was the name of a massive waterfall in Belkzen, 40 miles east of Urgir. Over time, the mountains became dry and the waterfall slowed to a trickle, earning the waterfall the name Kala’s Tears.

He continues, "Excellent deduction sir. You have a destination. But before you go I do have a few things that may help you in your mission."

Besnik starts digging through his office and in a few minutes he finds a few items and hands them to the party. Wand of Cure Serious Wounds (5 charges), Wand of Protection From Evil (7 charges), Traveler's Any-Tool, 2 Potions of Bear's Endurance, and 2 Potions of Resist Energy (fire).

"Please make your preparations, and then get ready to set out!"

Once you complete your preparations, you depart for the ruin. The journey takes roughly 17 days. All but the last three pass through Lastwall. The last settlement you pass is Castle Firrine, a fortified town on the border between Lastwall and the Hold of Belkzen. Within Belkzen itself, while you occasionally hear the echoes of orc war drums in the distance, but you do not run in to any significant danger.

After climbing halfway up a rocky mountain to a wide ledge, you reach an obvious entrance carved into the rock. Unless otherwise stated, the walls and ceilings within are made of hewn stone, 10 feet high, and all rooms are completely dark.

Hot winds blow ash through the air; it collects against the rocky wall of this ancient structure. Four stone columns mark the entrance, where a fifteen-foot-wide stair descends into darkness. What is your light source?

I will let everyone pitch in and catch up before continuing.

The Exchange

Male N Medium Human Bard 5 | HP 43/43 | AC 20, T 15, FF 15 | CMB +5 CMD 19 | F +6 R +12 W +7 | Init +6 | Perc +11 SM +12 | Speed 30ft | 1st:5/5 2nd:3/3 | Bardic Performance 14/14 | Active Conditions:

Will has a wayfinder for light
Knowledge(geography): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (19) + 7 = 26
Indeed I'm Will, and I hope to be of help. I am primarily skilled with a bow, and can inspire my colleagues to be exceptionally comptent at placing their attacks. Can you tell me a little of yourselfs?

I believe I may have deduced the location, given that the Stranglegut clan was allied with the Whispering Tyrant, and they controlled the largest orc settlement, Urgir. Kala's Rage was a massive waterfuall in Belkzen, 40 miles east of Urgir, and overtime, the waterfall became a meer trickle, now called Kala's Tears.

Is that a a former dwarven stronghold?

The Exchange

Male Halfling Air Elemental Sorcerer 6 | HP 26/26 | AC 18 t15 ff15 resist electricity 10 | CMB +1 CMD 14 | F+3 R+6 W+7 | Init+5 | Perc+3 SM+1 | Speed 20' | Elemental Ray 8/8 | Spells 1st 8/8; 2nd 6/6; 3rd 4/4 | Active conditions: none

Welcome aboard Will! I hope you have a dark sense of humor to make up for the pitiful elf rogue we lost.

The halfling smiles in jest at the newcomer. As he approaches the descending stairs, he casts Light on himself.

The Exchange

Male Halfling Air Elemental Sorcerer 6 | HP 26/26 | AC 18 t15 ff15 resist electricity 10 | CMB +1 CMD 14 | F+3 R+6 W+7 | Init+5 | Perc+3 SM+1 | Speed 20' | Elemental Ray 8/8 | Spells 1st 8/8; 2nd 6/6; 3rd 4/4 | Active conditions: none

Still too dark down there? :P

Liberty's Edge

Male Human Cleric of Cayden Cailean 4 | hp 35 | AC 19 T 9 (11) FF 19 | CMD 13 | F +7 R +1 W +8 | Spd 20' | Init -1 | KnPla +5, KnRel +7, Perc +3, SensM +3 | channel 3/5 | daze touch 6/6 | Str surge 6/6 | clw wand 11/50 |
GM Tealk wrote:

Stranglegut are legion, forces of death,

Soldiers of the lich who were promised might.
A bold samurai struck forth; in a breath.
A thousand orcs struck down before her sight.

From tow’ring giant green, a challenge thrown;
The chieftain Slarg upon the bloody field
That she would stand in front of him alone
And not for less than death would either yield.

With cries of faith cast to the rising sun
The brave samurai charged and met his steel.
Her blade she shoved beneath his ribs, she spun
A scratch from poisoned blade forced her to keel

In Torag’s house the elf was last interred.
With view of Kala’s Tears, her peace insured.

"So she died in battle, victim to orcs’ treachery. If we can locate this ruin and retrieve the samurai’s remains and her blade, we can present them to the Knights of Ozem for proper burial. Any ideas on where this might be? Looks like there are some clues in the poem."

"REALLY? WHERE?"

Knowledge (local, untrained, max 10 result, guidance): 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (18) + 1 = 19

Knowledge (local, untrained, max 10 result, guidance): 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3

"WELL, IT MAKES FOR A TERRIBLE PUB SONG!"

Liberty's Edge

Male Human Cleric of Cayden Cailean 4 | hp 35 | AC 19 T 9 (11) FF 19 | CMD 13 | F +7 R +1 W +8 | Spd 20' | Init -1 | KnPla +5, KnRel +7, Perc +3, SensM +3 | channel 3/5 | daze touch 6/6 | Str surge 6/6 | clw wand 11/50 |
Will Shenrit wrote:
Will continues to tell his fellow pathfinders what he recalls, Hordes of orcs live in the Hold of Belkzen, most of which is a barren wasteland with terrifying creatures and very few resources. Especially rare is fresh water. Do any of you have the magical ability to create it, as that would be quite valuable.

[b]"YOU DON'T NEED MAGIC FOR THAT. ANY BABY CAN MAKE WATER. I MAKE MINE BEFORE BED EACH NIGHT."

Dark Archive

Thonrkeep - Maps | Campaign - Runelords

I am just going to roll for the encounters real quick.

GM Secrets:

Locaiton and Encounters: 1d12 ⇒ 3
Encounter Table: 1d6 ⇒ 3
Sealed Monsters: 1d6 ⇒ 5
Additional Threat: 1d10 ⇒ 6
Environmental Trap: 1d10 ⇒ 9

Dark Archive

Thonrkeep - Maps | Campaign - Runelords

@Will - yes it is haha. @Telos - I am sorry, i've had a busy day!

Descending a few feet, your light source reveals the room immediately to your left with stonework that suggests a dwarven architect, but the floors and walls are of obvious Tien design.

Having some light coming from the sorcerer, you take the first left corridor to make sure there is nothing lurking in the darkness.

DC 14 Perception; followed by DC 10 Kn History:
This looks like a shrine to Shizuru. Carvings of swimming carp, Shizuru’s sacred animal, cover the western wall. The eastern wall carving depicts a katana over the sun, Shizuru’s holy symbol. On the northern wall is a carving of two Minkai elven women standing before funerary pyre. The floor boasts the carving of an imperial sky dragon.

DC 13 Religion:
Shizuru, this draconic Tien goddess is also known as the Empress of Heaven, and is the main deity of the Tien pantheon. A goddess of honour, swordplay, the sun, and ones ancestors, she’s incredibly popular among the people of Tian Xia.

The room breaks off into two corridors. Up ahead, you see a flight of stairs leading into a room, you hear the echo of dripping hitting a pool of water. To the right, you see an ominous blue glow emanating from somewhere ahead.

Maps are updated. Where to, team?

Silver Crusade

Male LG Human Paladin of Iomedae 4 | HP 36/36 | AC 24 T 11 FF 23 | CMB +7, CMD 19 | F: +7, R: +6, W: +8 | Init: +2 | Perc: +4; SM: +9 | Speed 30ft (20 ft in armor) | Detect Evil: At Will | Smite Evil: 2/2 | Lay on Hands: 2/4 | Aura of Courage (10ft) | Active conditions:

perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7
knowledge hx: 1d20 ⇒ 11
Religion: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (12) + 5 = 17

Shizuru..I believe she is a Tien Goddess. The lead of the Tien pantheon and one of the more popular in that region, if I remember correctly. Roran says, he draws his sword, trying not to get ambushed this time around.

"Let's head North, towards the dripping" Roran says pointing in the direction with his blade.

The Exchange

Male Halfling Air Elemental Sorcerer 6 | HP 26/26 | AC 18 t15 ff15 resist electricity 10 | CMB +1 CMD 14 | F+3 R+6 W+7 | Init+5 | Perc+3 SM+1 | Speed 20' | Elemental Ray 8/8 | Spells 1st 8/8; 2nd 6/6; 3rd 4/4 | Active conditions: none

Sounds good to me! That ominous blue glow can wait...

The halfling follows the paladin up the stairs.

Dark Archive

Thonrkeep - Maps | Campaign - Runelords

Good enough!

As you move down, you are greeted by a charred orc corpse hanging over a pool of blood accentuates the grisly atmosphere in this befouled shrine.

While in this room, all creatures gain the benefits of the Bleeding Critical feat, and all blood shed in this room slowly oozes into the pool. These effects last until the creature leaves the room or the altar is destroyed.

Bleeding Critical:
Whenever you score a critical hit with a slashing or piercing weapon, your opponent takes 2d6 points of bleed damage each round on his turn, in addition to the damage dealt by the critical hit. Bleed damage can be stopped by a DC 15 Heal skill check or through any magical healing. The effects of this feat stack.

Stealth: 1d20 + 20 + 16 ⇒ (13) + 20 + 16 = 49

Perception:

Pietro: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (19) + 3 = 22
Roran: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4
Will: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7
Seward: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (3) + 11 = 14
Telos: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11

Initiative:

Pietro: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (17) - 1 = 16
Roran: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 2 = 22
Will: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10
Seward: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (15) + 4 = 19
Telos: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 5 = 20
Pixie: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9

The dripping echoes through the room, as you see something move behind the altar. First, you see a red tail uncurl from behind the stone slipping the dust off its tip. A low grumble in the air, as the creature takes it's breath and aches it's back. You see sharp barbs on the back of the body, and finally two red eyes staring back at you. The red dragon roars, and steps on the altar. It looks hungry and ready to fight.

Perception DC 18:
You notice that the old stone altar does not crack or break under such a dragon's weight. You definitely think something is going on here.

Combat Tracker wrote:


Round 1

@ Seward
@ Will
@ Pietro
@ Roran
@ Telos

! Red Dragon

Team may act!

The Exchange

Male N Medium Human Bard 5 | HP 43/43 | AC 20, T 15, FF 15 | CMB +5 CMD 19 | F +6 R +12 W +7 | Init +6 | Perc +11 SM +12 | Speed 30ft | 1st:5/5 2nd:3/3 | Bardic Performance 14/14 | Active Conditions:

When we entered the dungeon Will would have cast Heroism on himself. If that isn't ok let me know.

Deno'thar takes a large gulp when he sees the size of the dragon before them and tries to recall what he can about this type of dragon.

Perception: 1d20 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 6 + 2 = 12
Knowledge:Arcana: 1d20 + 9 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 9 + 2 = 24

He begins to recall from a pathfinder chronicle about Archibold the brave was a pathfinder that used his tower shield to help avoid the worst of the dragon's breath and tries to take himself cover from the beast.

Standard Inspire Courage (+2 competence to attack, damage, and +2 morale saves vs fear and charm for everyone who can hear him), moves behind the wall.

The Exchange

Male Halfling Air Elemental Sorcerer 6 | HP 26/26 | AC 18 t15 ff15 resist electricity 10 | CMB +1 CMD 14 | F+3 R+6 W+7 | Init+5 | Perc+3 SM+1 | Speed 20' | Elemental Ray 8/8 | Spells 1st 8/8; 2nd 6/6; 3rd 4/4 | Active conditions: none

Perception, DC18: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5 Nothing wrong here!

Oooh boy, a dragon. Now we’ll be real heroes.

Telos deadpans and sighs as he strides forward for a better shot.

[move] 20’, 3N, 1NW (cannot update the map right now)

He speaks an incantation and then points his left hand forward to shoot a more powerful ray than he normally does.

scorching ray (electrical) ranged touch, Electricity damage (point blank, inspire courage): 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (15) + 9 = 244d6 + 3 ⇒ (3, 6, 1, 1) + 3 = 14

just in case...
spell resistance roll: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (18) + 5 = 23

Silver Crusade

Male LG Human Paladin of Iomedae 4 | HP 36/36 | AC 24 T 11 FF 23 | CMB +7, CMD 19 | F: +7, R: +6, W: +8 | Init: +2 | Perc: +4; SM: +9 | Speed 30ft (20 ft in armor) | Detect Evil: At Will | Smite Evil: 2/2 | Lay on Hands: 2/4 | Aura of Courage (10ft) | Active conditions:

perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (13) + 4 = 17

Roran raises his shield and begins to move towards it.

Dark Archive

Thonrkeep - Maps | Campaign - Runelords

The group sorcerer cast's his new powerful spell and hits his target. To his surprise, the spell bounces off a shell around the skin of the creature. This interaction is not what you expected, and is unusual.

The same moment, your bard notices and identifies that this is not a dragon at all. You guys get a +4 will save against this illusion.

Will:
You realise that this is not an adult red dragon as it appears to be. Rather, a really powerful illusion spell - permanent image has been cast here.

Pietro and Telos Seward are still to act this round!

Edit! - Sorry, DC for the illusion is 19!

The Exchange

Male Halfling Air Elemental Sorcerer 6 | HP 26/26 | AC 18 t15 ff15 resist electricity 10 | CMB +1 CMD 14 | F+3 R+6 W+7 | Init+5 | Perc+3 SM+1 | Speed 20' | Elemental Ray 8/8 | Spells 1st 8/8; 2nd 6/6; 3rd 4/4 | Active conditions: none

Will: 1d20 + 6 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 6 + 4 = 16 What's the DC of that Will save?

I think you mean Pietro and Seward :)

Dark Archive

Thonrkeep - Maps | Campaign - Runelords

Mistakes were made. I am exhausted this week, I think i'm running down with something. Haha, good pick up mate! Edits in previous post.

The Concordance

NG Halfling Ranger 4 Init +6 Perception +11 AC 19, t 15, ff 15 hp 40/40 Fort +9, Ref +10, Will +4; +2 vs. fear,

Seward casts longstrider on himself when they enter the dungeon.

Once combat breaks out he draws his bow and moves snapping a shot at the foe with a cold iron arrow

Longbow Cold Iron: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (16) + 10 = 261d6 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7

The Exchange

Male N Medium Human Bard 5 | HP 43/43 | AC 20, T 15, FF 15 | CMB +5 CMD 19 | F +6 R +12 W +7 | Init +6 | Perc +11 SM +12 | Speed 30ft | 1st:5/5 2nd:3/3 | Bardic Performance 14/14 | Active Conditions:

Will calls out after seeing the electricity strike the “Dragon “ Thats no dragon, its an illusion spell

Dark Archive

Thonrkeep - Maps | Campaign - Runelords

The dragon marches forward over the altar until his long neck reaches over the pool of blood. It shows its maw and lets out a terrifying raw.

Telos tries to rub his eyes, but to no luck, the dragon is still there. How can this be an illusion? It seems so...real?!

Simultaneously, an arrow hits Seward seemingly out of nowhere.
Longbow: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (16) + 8 = 241d6 - 2 ⇒ (2) - 2 = 0
Stealth: 1d20 + 16 + 20 - 20 ⇒ (4) + 16 + 20 - 20 = 20

As the arrow hits your ranger, a small puff of pink dust explodes. As the cloud enters his lungs, Sewards head begins to spin. @Seward please give me a DC15 will save against confusion! If you fail, please roll me a 1d4 on your next turn to determine your actions.

Just so we are clear, this creature is still invisible. You will need to roll perception to see where the shot came from. DC 20 perception to see the creature in the location that it is on the map.

Combat Tracker wrote:


Round 1
Inspire Courage active!

@ Seward -1 nl - DC15 vs confusion! - DC 19 vs illusion!
@ Will - DC 19 vs illusion!
@ Pietro - DC 19 vs illusion! - May take 2 turns of actions!
@ Roran - DC 19 vs illusion!
@ Telos - failed vs illusion

! Red Dragon?

Team may act!

The Exchange

Male N Medium Human Bard 5 | HP 43/43 | AC 20, T 15, FF 15 | CMB +5 CMD 19 | F +6 R +12 W +7 | Init +6 | Perc +11 SM +12 | Speed 30ft | 1st:5/5 2nd:3/3 | Bardic Performance 14/14 | Active Conditions:

Will quickly moves back and tries to spot the creature
Perception: 1d20 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 6 + 2 = 20
Realizing that his team will need to find the beast, he prepares to cast a spell when the next arrow comes from an invisible location.
Will readies to cast a glitterdust when he sees the next arrow come. Alternatively ,if his perception is good enough, he'll directly cast glitterdust on it now. DC 14

Silver Crusade

Male LG Human Paladin of Iomedae 4 | HP 36/36 | AC 24 T 11 FF 23 | CMB +7, CMD 19 | F: +7, R: +6, W: +8 | Init: +2 | Perc: +4; SM: +9 | Speed 30ft (20 ft in armor) | Detect Evil: At Will | Smite Evil: 2/2 | Lay on Hands: 2/4 | Aura of Courage (10ft) | Active conditions:

will save, knowing it is an illusion: 1d20 + 8 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 8 + 4 = 17

Doh...

Roran approaches the dragon and swings for the fences.

The Exchange

Male Halfling Air Elemental Sorcerer 6 | HP 26/26 | AC 18 t15 ff15 resist electricity 10 | CMB +1 CMD 14 | F+3 R+6 W+7 | Init+5 | Perc+3 SM+1 | Speed 20' | Elemental Ray 8/8 | Spells 1st 8/8; 2nd 6/6; 3rd 4/4 | Active conditions: none
GM Tealk wrote:
Mistakes were made. I am exhausted this week, I think i'm running down with something. Haha, good pick up mate! Edits in previous post.

All good. It's been a long week for me too :P

Telos glances at Seward for a moment. Are you sure...? It seems pretty real to me.

Perception: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (17) + 3 = 20

I think the shot came from over there... he points out the location to the others.

If I cast another spell on it do I get another Will save? (I'll take my turn actions early tomorrow based on this answer).

Dark Archive

Thonrkeep - Maps | Campaign - Runelords

@Telos- unfortunately you wouldn't get another saving throw after you failed the check with the +4. The image compresses in your mind and still looks very real. Unless the image does something impossible, for now that's it.

@Will-I am pretty sure that having a perception check in combat is a standard action. I think the same would apply for Telos. Because the creature is technically not even sniping, just shooting out of invisibility.

Liberty's Edge

Male Human Cleric of Cayden Cailean 4 | hp 35 | AC 19 T 9 (11) FF 19 | CMD 13 | F +7 R +1 W +8 | Spd 20' | Init -1 | KnPla +5, KnRel +7, Perc +3, SensM +3 | channel 3/5 | daze touch 6/6 | Str surge 6/6 | clw wand 11/50 |
PSRD wrote:
Most Perception checks are reactive, made in response to observable stimulus. Intentionally searching for stimulus is a move action.

perception: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (16) + 3 = 19

will save: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (12) + 8 = 20

"WILL! PERHAPS INSTEAD OF TOSSING ABOUT MAGICAL CONFETTI, A DISTRACTION IS IN ORDER!"

Telos Downshot wrote:
I think the shot came from over there... he points out the location to the others.

perception: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (15) + 3 = 18

"SHOT!? WHAT SHOT!?"

Not really seeing the source of the danger the cleric moves up to the front and holds up his buckler. Total defense.

The Exchange

Male N Medium Human Bard 5 | HP 43/43 | AC 20, T 15, FF 15 | CMB +5 CMD 19 | F +6 R +12 W +7 | Init +6 | Perc +11 SM +12 | Speed 30ft | 1st:5/5 2nd:3/3 | Bardic Performance 14/14 | Active Conditions:

I would simply ready then. I thought we got a perception against its sniping

The Concordance

NG Halfling Ranger 4 Init +6 Perception +11 AC 19, t 15, ff 15 hp 40/40 Fort +9, Ref +10, Will +4; +2 vs. fear,

Will Save + 2 vs compulsion: 1d20 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 4 + 2 = 9
Will Save: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (17) + 4 = 21

Confusion: 1d4 ⇒ 1

Seward's eyes swirl and he still fires two shots if he can find the damn thing

Perception: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (1) + 11 = 12

Seward then readies to shoot should thing become visible.

Rapid Shot w/ Deadly Aim: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (15) + 11 = 261d6 + 7 ⇒ (3) + 7 = 10

The Exchange

Male N Medium Human Bard 5 | HP 43/43 | AC 20, T 15, FF 15 | CMB +5 CMD 19 | F +6 R +12 W +7 | Init +6 | Perc +11 SM +12 | Speed 30ft | 1st:5/5 2nd:3/3 | Bardic Performance 14/14 | Active Conditions:

Do we need Will saves still? I thought most of us had made it. If we do instead I’ll start distraction.

will: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (6) + 7 = 13

Will begins to speak, there is no Dragon, there are arrows whizzing at us. You need to forget about the dragon, it isn’t real.

perform oratory, distraction: 1d20 + 10 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 10 + 2 = 29

The Exchange

Male Halfling Air Elemental Sorcerer 6 | HP 26/26 | AC 18 t15 ff15 resist electricity 10 | CMB +1 CMD 14 | F+3 R+6 W+7 | Init+5 | Perc+3 SM+1 | Speed 20' | Elemental Ray 8/8 | Spells 1st 8/8; 2nd 6/6; 3rd 4/4 | Active conditions: none

So I believe that Telos now gets to use Will's performance check as a replacement will save and so would disbelieve the illusion.

Telos shakes his head as if he'd just awoken, transitioning from a dream. He glances over at the bard.

Thank you Will. It's definitely good to have you along on our little venture. I think Naneryin would've just written an emo poem about this "dragon." I wonder how he's doing... we'll have to make sure he's gotten his sunlight when we return to Thornkeep.

Telos will advance towards the illusiory dragon and cautiously begin to search the room for the source of the illusion.

[standard] Cast detect magic, scanning across the pool and towards the opposite passage.
[move] 15'/3sq N

Dark Archive

Thonrkeep - Maps | Campaign - Runelords

Will speaks up, and as his words enter your eats, you all watch as the dragon begins to slowly melt away - scale by scale it starts to dissolve, until there is nothing there. He was right, this was mearly an illusion.

The sorcerer scans the room for magic, and notices a ping coming from the other passage.

Another arrow, comes flying out, this time at Telos. @Telos please give me a DC15 will save against confusion! If you fail, please roll me a 1d4 on your next turn to determine your actions.

Longbow: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (9) + 8 = 171d6 - 2 ⇒ (4) - 2 = 2

The creature then moves. You can look for the creature with a move action.
Stealth: 1d20 + 16 - 20 ⇒ (15) + 16 - 20 = 11

Combat Tracker wrote:


Round 3
@ Seward -1 nl
@ Will
@ Pietro
@ Roran
@ Telos -2 lethal - DC15 vs confusion!

! Red Dragon?
Team may act!

The Exchange

Male Halfling Air Elemental Sorcerer 6 | HP 26/26 | AC 18 t15 ff15 resist electricity 10 | CMB +1 CMD 14 | F+3 R+6 W+7 | Init+5 | Perc+3 SM+1 | Speed 20' | Elemental Ray 8/8 | Spells 1st 8/8; 2nd 6/6; 3rd 4/4 | Active conditions: none

What the....

Will, DC15: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11 Welp...

Confused Telos does what...: 1d4 ⇒ 1 I believe that's act normally

Telos blinks through the sudden confusion, and acts quickly realizing that this may be a brief "moment of clarity."

Telos circles the blood pool in a wide arc, approaching the passage where he detected magic. He again scans in that direction.

[move]15', 1N, 1NE, 2E
[standard] detect magic, maintained on the passage; this should reveal to him that whatever it was moved.

The Exchange

Male N Medium Human Bard 5 | HP 43/43 | AC 20, T 15, FF 15 | CMB +5 CMD 19 | F +6 R +12 W +7 | Init +6 | Perc +11 SM +12 | Speed 30ft | 1st:5/5 2nd:3/3 | Bardic Performance 14/14 | Active Conditions:

If we've defeated the illusion, do I need to maintain performance on the distraction?

Will attempts to pinpoint the hidden foe.

Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (3) + 8 = 11

The Exchange

Male N Medium Human Bard 5 | HP 43/43 | AC 20, T 15, FF 15 | CMB +5 CMD 19 | F +6 R +12 W +7 | Init +6 | Perc +11 SM +12 | Speed 30ft | 1st:5/5 2nd:3/3 | Bardic Performance 14/14 | Active Conditions:

If we've defeated the illusion, do I need to maintain performance on the distraction?

Will attempts to pinpoint the hidden foe.

Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (9) + 8 = 17

If Will is successful, he'll move up to the hidden foe, drawing his rapier. If not, his action depends on the answer to the first question.

The Concordance

NG Halfling Ranger 4 Init +6 Perception +11 AC 19, t 15, ff 15 hp 40/40 Fort +9, Ref +10, Will +4; +2 vs. fear,

Seward looks for the creature...

Perception: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (9) + 11 = 20

once he spots it he fires!

Longbow Deadly Aim: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (15) + 11 = 261d6 + 7 ⇒ (4) + 7 = 11


Prototype GM Tool CR-X

Percep, Roran: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6
Percep, Pietro: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4

"What's going on, what is shooting at us?" As the two martials in the party.

Pietro will use strength surge on himself.
Roran will hold his action.

Dark Archive

Thonrkeep - Maps | Campaign - Runelords

@Will- yes, you defeated the illusion, so no need to keep up the performance. I moved you up to the creature.

Telos does his best to scan the passage way again, but this time, he senses no auras.

Seward spots the enemy out of the corner of his eye, and shoots his bow.
Miss?: 1d100 ⇒ 86
The arrow bounces off-of something invisible in the middle of the room. You do not see any blood come out.

Something harrases the party again.
Longbow: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (5) + 8 = 131d6 - 2 ⇒ (1) - 2 = -1
Stealth: 1d20 + 16 - 20 ⇒ (8) + 16 - 20 = 4
@Seward please give me a DC15 will save against confusion! If you fail, please roll me a 1d4 on your next turn to determine your actions.

Combat Tracker wrote:


Round 4
@ Seward -2 nl - DC15 vs confusion!
@ Will
@ Pietro
@ Roran
@ Telos -2 lethal
! Red Dragon?
Team may act!

The Exchange

Male N Medium Human Bard 5 | HP 43/43 | AC 20, T 15, FF 15 | CMB +5 CMD 19 | F +6 R +12 W +7 | Init +6 | Perc +11 SM +12 | Speed 30ft | 1st:5/5 2nd:3/3 | Bardic Performance 14/14 | Active Conditions:

If I’m adjacent can he use stealth against me ? Would shooting his bow have provoked ?

Liberty's Edge

Male Human Cleric of Cayden Cailean 4 | hp 35 | AC 19 T 9 (11) FF 19 | CMD 13 | F +7 R +1 W +8 | Spd 20' | Init -1 | KnPla +5, KnRel +7, Perc +3, SensM +3 | channel 3/5 | daze touch 6/6 | Str surge 6/6 | clw wand 11/50 |

"THIS IS A SILLY DUNGEON!" cries the broad cleric. "EVEN WHATEVER IS THAT IS TRYING TO KILL US CAN'T DO IT PROPERLY! WHY I TAKE MORE DAMAGE TRIMMING MY BEARD, THAN TELOS HAS!"

perception: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (14) + 3 = 17

The Exchange

Male Halfling Air Elemental Sorcerer 6 | HP 26/26 | AC 18 t15 ff15 resist electricity 10 | CMB +1 CMD 14 | F+3 R+6 W+7 | Init+5 | Perc+3 SM+1 | Speed 20' | Elemental Ray 8/8 | Spells 1st 8/8; 2nd 6/6; 3rd 4/4 | Active conditions: none

Was Telos only confused for one round? If so, cool.

Dark Archive

Thonrkeep - Maps | Campaign - Runelords

@Will - yes he can, he is greater invisible.
@Telos - yes, only one round on it's arrows.

1,051 to 1,100 of 1,190 << first < prev | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Tealk’s - Core - Thornkeep Series All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.