GM Tealk's - Core - Thornkeep Series

Game Master Tealk

Sanctum of a Lost Age - Maps!


751 to 800 of 1,492 << first < prev | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | next > last >>
Grand Lodge

CORE-Male elf | Rogue 2 / Illusionist 1 |HP: 18/18 | AC18 T 14 FF 14 | F+0 R+7 W+2 | Init +6 | Perc +8(9 trapfinding) | SM +0 | CMB +2 | CMD 15 | Speed 30

Wait out the nausea and then let Telos lead us to certain doom via another door. If Nanaryn can do anything (to the door) to help make sure the plants don't get out of their room, then he does.

The Concordance

NG Halfling Ranger 7 Init +5 Perception +13 AC 23, t 17, ff 18, hp 67/67 Fort +11, Ref +13, Will +6 +2 vs. fear,

Seward waits it out and gets ready to strike if the door opens.

The Exchange

Male Halfling Air Elemental Sorcerer 7 | HP 30/30 | AC 20 T 16 FF 17 resist electricity 10 | CMB +1 CMD 14 | F+3 R+6 W+7 | Init+9 | Perc+3 SM+1 | Speed 20' | Elemental Ray 6/8 | Spells 1st 8/8; 2nd 7/7; 3rd 4/5 | Lesser Extend (rod) 3/3 | Active conditions: none

Opens the door to the west and looks inside...

(assuming Naneryn detects no traps)

Dark Archive

Thonrkeep - The Sanctum | Module - Daughters of Fury | Campaign - Return of the Runelords

Apologies, I have had a really rough week, and for some reason paizo wouldn't load on my phone...

The party wait for a few more moments until the elf is less no longer throwing up the contents of his stomach. Checking the door for traps, no one finds anything of the sort. The brave sorcerer once again opens the door. An upraised dais in an alcove to the south holds a four-foot-diameter geode that’s been cracked into two halves. The inside of the geode glitters with strange green crystals. A mound of green crystalline fragments and twisted strips of flaking green metal lies to the west.

Three sleeping hairless blue lions with twin tentacular tails slowly wake. Dozens more thick tentacles quiver and twitch where its mane should be, as you enter the room. They snarl at the group. It seems you have woken them from a long slumber.

DC 13 Dungeoneering:
These are advanced akatas. Akatas hail from a strange, distant planet that long ago succumbed to a cataclysmic end. Countless akatas clung to fragments of the dead planet, entering hibernation and riding these asteroids until they eventually crashed upon a new planet—akatas’ cocoons protected them from the impact, and they soon awoke to seek out suitable hosts to spawn their young. You have heard takes that when left untended, an akata scourge can quickly grow into a significant threat. You know they have a nasty Void Bite which infects the target with harmful dex and str damage. They are also deaf, and love to hibernate. No DR!

Combat Tracker! wrote:


Round ...1? - ♭ Music!

@ Naneryn (-3 lethal)
@ Roran
@ Seward
@ Pietro
@ Telos
Akatas (green purple orange)
Fungus (green blue -9)

Bold may act!!

Map is updated.

Liberty's Edge

Male Human Cleric of Cayden Cailean 6 | hp 51 | AC 20 T 9 FF 20 | CMD 16 | F +8 R +2 W +9 | Spd 20' | Init -1 | KnPla +8, KnRel +8, Perc +3, SensM +3 | channel 5/5 | daze touch 6/6 | Str surge +3 5/6 | clw wand 9/50 | cmw wand 4/5 | bull's str, str surge

"SO WHAT ARE THOSE SUPPOSED TO BE, HMM?" Pietro says sounding a bit perturbed.

Grand Lodge

CORE-Male elf | Rogue 2 / Illusionist 1 |HP: 18/18 | AC18 T 14 FF 14 | F+0 R+7 W+2 | Init +6 | Perc +8(9 trapfinding) | SM +0 | CMB +2 | CMD 15 | Speed 30

Hoping to return the favor to the brave sorcerer (and not in the mood to sing a lullaby), the slugish elf springs to life and fires a normal arrow at the orange one if he can see it well enough.

to hit: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6
damage: 1d8 + 1d6 ⇒ (2) + (1) = 3

"Maybe I should have strung the bow first?"

The Exchange

Male Halfling Air Elemental Sorcerer 7 | HP 30/30 | AC 20 T 16 FF 17 resist electricity 10 | CMB +1 CMD 14 | F+3 R+6 W+7 | Init+9 | Perc+3 SM+1 | Speed 20' | Elemental Ray 6/8 | Spells 1st 8/8; 2nd 7/7; 3rd 4/5 | Lesser Extend (rod) 3/3 | Active conditions: none

I don't know what they are, but they're not happy to see us!

The halfling lifts both hands and fires out a fan of electricity over the "lions."

Cast lightning hands, standard action, 15' cone covering GREEN and PURPLE
electricity damage, DC16 reflex half: 4d4 ⇒ (4, 2, 2, 3) = 11

He then quickly backs away to let others into the small space.

10', move action

The Concordance

NG Halfling Ranger 7 Init +5 Perception +13 AC 23, t 17, ff 18, hp 67/67 Fort +11, Ref +13, Will +6 +2 vs. fear,

Seward looks very seriously at the fat man Theyre not going to stop me

He fires a pair of shots at the blue fungus

Longbow: 1d20 + 10 - 2 ⇒ (1) + 10 - 2 = 91d6 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5

Longbow: 1d20 + 10 - 2 ⇒ (8) + 10 - 2 = 161d6 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3

Dark Archive

Thonrkeep - The Sanctum | Module - Daughters of Fury | Campaign - Return of the Runelords

The party spring into action, although some of you are still hesitant.

Naneryn barely misses, and so does Seward's first shot. However, and opening created by Telos's spell is only blocked by the wall in between the party. All arrows miss, with cover, flatfooted.

Ref: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (12) + 4 = 161d20 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11 -- green, purple

One of the tentacle hounds launches forwards, onto the unsuspecting elf.

Void Bite: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 121d6 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3 -- miss

Snapping from the other door you closed only moments ago, starts up again. "You hurt the loyal hounds of The Visitant. HOW DARE YOU!" The familiar sounds of the mushrooms enter your minds once more.

Combat Tracker! wrote:


Round ...2? - ♭ Music!

@ Naneryn (-3 lethal)
@ Roran -- delay
@ Seward
@ Pietro -- delay
@ Telos

Akatas (green -5 purple -11 orange)
Fungus (green blue -9)

Bold may act!!

Liberty's Edge

Male Human Cleric of Cayden Cailean 6 | hp 51 | AC 20 T 9 FF 20 | CMD 16 | F +8 R +2 W +9 | Spd 20' | Init -1 | KnPla +8, KnRel +8, Perc +3, SensM +3 | channel 5/5 | daze touch 6/6 | Str surge +3 5/6 | clw wand 9/50 | cmw wand 4/5 | bull's str, str surge
Telos Downshot wrote:

I don't know what they are, but they're not happy to see us!

The halfling lifts both hands and fires out a fan of electricity over the "lions."

Cast lightning hands, standard action, 15' cone covering GREEN and PURPLE

He then quickly backs away to let others into the small space.

10', move action

"WHO'S EVER HAPPY TO SEE SEWARD? HONESTLY, THE LAD IS AS PRICKLY AS A PORCUPINE!"

Seward Sodalug wrote:

Seward looks very seriously at the fat man Theyre not going to stop me

He fires a pair of shots at the blue fungus

-That are behind the door that Pietro is flung across while whatchamacallits are attacking us from the other direction?

"SEE?" He says as more arrows thud into the door around him like knives thrown at a carnival show. The big cleric sticks his tongue out at the halfling.

Ignoring the telepathic protestations of the things from beyond the door he continues. "AND NANERYN, WELL, THE LESS SAID THE BETTER! LAD WHY DO YOU ALWAYS SEEM TO BE IN THE MIDDLE OF THINGS?! HONESTLY MAN, YOU'RE SUPPOSED TO BE A WIZARD NOW! OR AT LEAST THE IMAGE OF ONE. GET TO THE BACK OF THE LINE AND LET THE FIGHTER UP FRONT!"

He lets out a mighty roar aimed at the kennel across the way.

He casts sound burst catching all of the whatchamacallits in the blast. Fort DC 15. sound burst damage: 1d8 ⇒ 8

Grand Lodge

CORE-Male elf | Rogue 2 / Illusionist 1 |HP: 18/18 | AC18 T 14 FF 14 | F+0 R+7 W+2 | Init +6 | Perc +8(9 trapfinding) | SM +0 | CMB +2 | CMD 15 | Speed 30

"GOOD POINT!" Naneryn replies, involuntarily shouting. With a wtf did I just do look on his face, the smelly elf withdraws behind the halfling.

If it would be better (and possible) to switch places with Pietro, Nan will do that and take up holding the door instead.

The Exchange

Male Halfling Air Elemental Sorcerer 7 | HP 30/30 | AC 20 T 16 FF 17 resist electricity 10 | CMB +1 CMD 14 | F+3 R+6 W+7 | Init+9 | Perc+3 SM+1 | Speed 20' | Elemental Ray 6/8 | Spells 1st 8/8; 2nd 7/7; 3rd 4/5 | Lesser Extend (rod) 3/3 | Active conditions: none

Oh boy, I thought I was making room and now these hounds are just going to corner us in the halls! Well, maybe they want to fetch a ball...

He begins muttering to himself as he fishes around in his spell component pouch.

Tallow, brimstone, powdered iron... and for my version a bit of glass...

Cast Electrical Sphere, standard action, duration: 4 rounds

A crackling globe of electricity appears in front of the halfling and rolls back towards the room the hounds emerged from.

Control movement of the globe, move action.

IF Pietro's sound burst did NOT kill purple:

It stops in the space occupied by the hound at the doorway purple, scar tissue starting to form where the electricity interacts with it's body.

IF Pietro's sound burst DID kill purple:

The globe rolls on into the room and veers just to the left, intent on disturbing the unharmed hound orange

Either way:

Electricity damage, DC17 reflex negates: 3d6 ⇒ (5, 4, 3) = 12

Dark Archive

Thonrkeep - The Sanctum | Module - Daughters of Fury | Campaign - Return of the Runelords

The spell from the cleric reverberates through these creatures, starting from the tips of their limbs until the vibrations reach the centre, like jelly. They do not make a fortitude save, as they appear to be deaf...

Naneryn moves out of the way, escaping the clutches of the creatures, allowing for Roran to step forward into the frond line.

Roran, swing: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (7) + 7 = 141d8 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7 ...but misses

Your resident sorcerer creates a ball of lightning to focus on the monster before you.

Refelx: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 4 = 15 ...as the poor creature explodes all over the paladin.

The remaining whimper in a strange language, as they realise that there is an orb of electricity before them. As a question, what happens if a creature willingly enters the space occupied by your sphere? Do they make a save, or only at start of their next turn?

They retreat into their corners.

Combat Tracker! wrote:


Round ...3? - ♭ Music!

@ Naneryn (-3 lethal)
@ Roran
@ Seward
@ Pietro
@ Telos

Akatas (green -8 purple orange -8)
Fungus (green blue -9)

Bold may act!!

Silver Crusade

Male LG Human Paladin of Iomedae 6 | HP 52/52 | AC 26 T 11 FF 25 | CMB +9, CMD 21 | F: +9, R: +8, W: +10 | Init: +2 | Perc: +6; SM: +11 | Speed 30ft (20 ft in armor) | Detect Evil: At Will | Smite Evil: 2/2 | Lay on Hands: 6/6 | Aura of Courage (10ft) | Active conditions:

Per the spell it is from, it only says it damages when it enters the square. I think, and this is my opinion, creatures can enter the square and be unharmed and to apply the damage again, it has to move from the square and reenter to hit the opponent again.

Roran concentrates on one of them to see if they are evil.

Detect evil as move action on green and then on orange.

Dark Archive

Thonrkeep - The Sanctum | Module - Daughters of Fury | Campaign - Return of the Runelords

Roran concentrates, and does not detect any evil aura's in the room.

Silver Crusade

Male LG Human Paladin of Iomedae 6 | HP 52/52 | AC 26 T 11 FF 25 | CMB +9, CMD 21 | F: +9, R: +8, W: +10 | Init: +2 | Perc: +6; SM: +11 | Speed 30ft (20 ft in armor) | Detect Evil: At Will | Smite Evil: 2/2 | Lay on Hands: 6/6 | Aura of Courage (10ft) | Active conditions:

"These creatures are not evil at heart. Maybe they can be reasoned with." He then calls out to them, "Do you yield?"

Dark Archive

Thonrkeep - The Sanctum | Module - Daughters of Fury | Campaign - Return of the Runelords

The creatures growl at you from inside the room, snapping their tentacles at you. One of them tries to approach to strike, but backs away from the sparking orb. These don't look very smart...

The Concordance

NG Halfling Ranger 7 Init +5 Perception +13 AC 23, t 17, ff 18, hp 67/67 Fort +11, Ref +13, Will +6 +2 vs. fear,

Seward dips into the room and snaps a s$!# at the green one.

Long Bow: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (10) + 10 = 201d6 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7

The Exchange

Male Halfling Air Elemental Sorcerer 7 | HP 30/30 | AC 20 T 16 FF 17 resist electricity 10 | CMB +1 CMD 14 | F+3 R+6 W+7 | Init+9 | Perc+3 SM+1 | Speed 20' | Elemental Ray 6/8 | Spells 1st 8/8; 2nd 7/7; 3rd 4/5 | Lesser Extend (rod) 3/3 | Active conditions: none

Round 2/4 of the electrical sphere...

Telos motions with his hands, controlling the orb so that it proceeds into the room and turns left to "visit" one of the hounds.

Move sphere, move action.

Electricity damage vs. ORANGE, DC17 reflex negates: 3d6 ⇒ (5, 5, 4) = 14

Tools of a more evil force they may be... but I don't think we can neutralize them right now with the mind-mushrooms next door, Roran. They are lost.

He takes a cautious stance as he controls the orb.

Total defense, standard action, +4 AC

Liberty's Edge

Male Human Cleric of Cayden Cailean 6 | hp 51 | AC 20 T 9 FF 20 | CMD 16 | F +8 R +2 W +9 | Spd 20' | Init -1 | KnPla +8, KnRel +8, Perc +3, SensM +3 | channel 5/5 | daze touch 6/6 | Str surge +3 5/6 | clw wand 9/50 | cmw wand 4/5 | bull's str, str surge
Seward Sodalug wrote:
Seward dips into the room and snaps a s&~& at the green one.

Pietro looks on, obviously impressed with the halfling's precise bowel control. ;)

Telos Downshot wrote:

Round 2/4 of the electrical sphere...

Telos motions with his hands, controlling the orb so that it proceeds into the room and turns left to "visit" one of the hounds.

Telos might need to move to maintain line of sight.

GM Tealk wrote:
The spell from the cleric reverberates through these creatures, starting from the tips of their limbs until the vibrations reach the centre, like jelly. They do not make a fortitude save, as they appear to be deaf...

"WHY DIDN'T YOU TELL ME THOSE THINGS WERE DEAF!?" Pietro shouts at Naneryn. "HERE NOW! HOLD THIS FOOL DOOR!"

He darts quickly across to opposite door. Assuming he is ready to take over as discussed above.

"SEWARD! GET OUT OF THERE MAN! YOU'RE NO DANIEL YOU KNOW!"

Readied action to slam the door shut.

The Exchange

Male Halfling Air Elemental Sorcerer 7 | HP 30/30 | AC 20 T 16 FF 17 resist electricity 10 | CMB +1 CMD 14 | F+3 R+6 W+7 | Init+9 | Perc+3 SM+1 | Speed 20' | Elemental Ray 6/8 | Spells 1st 8/8; 2nd 7/7; 3rd 4/5 | Lesser Extend (rod) 3/3 | Active conditions: none
Pietro Slaszval the Boisterous wrote:
Telos might need to move to maintain line of sight.

Ah yes, good call. In that case retcon'ing the total defense for his own movement following the sphere into the room. But he stops at the entrance where we can still peer in and see both corners.

Dark Archive

Thonrkeep - The Sanctum | Module - Daughters of Fury | Campaign - Return of the Runelords

Telos comes moving into the room past Roran, and directing his attention at one of the creatures.

Reflex: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 4 = 14 ...it explodes.

Simultaneously, Seward rushes to finish off the one on the other side of the room.

As both creatures lie unconsious in a uncomprehensible puddle of ooze and tentacles, you once again hear familiar voices. "Eeaaaah! You will pay for that, kilers-of-the-void. The Visitant will not be happy!"

Combat Tracker! wrote:


Round ...4? - ♭ Music!

@ Naneryn (-3 lethal)
@ Roran
@ Seward
@ Pietro
@ Telos

Akatas (green purple orange)
Fungus (green blue -9)

Where to next?

Liberty's Edge

Male Human Cleric of Cayden Cailean 6 | hp 51 | AC 20 T 9 FF 20 | CMD 16 | F +8 R +2 W +9 | Spd 20' | Init -1 | KnPla +8, KnRel +8, Perc +3, SensM +3 | channel 5/5 | daze touch 6/6 | Str surge +3 5/6 | clw wand 9/50 | cmw wand 4/5 | bull's str, str surge

If we are retconning a bit, then Pietro maintains his back to the first door.

GM Tealk wrote:

Telos comes moving into the room past Roran, and directing his attention at one of the creatures.

Simultaneously, Seward rushes to finish off the one on the other side of the room.

As both creatures lie unconsious in a uncomprehensible puddle of ooze and tentacles, you once again hear familiar voices. "Eeaaaah! You will pay for that, kilers-of-the-void. The Visitant will not be happy!"

"OH, BLOW IT OUT YOUR TRANSIENT ANUS! SEAWARD! ANYTHING ELSE IN THERE?"

Grand Lodge

CORE-Male elf | Rogue 2 / Illusionist 1 |HP: 18/18 | AC18 T 14 FF 14 | F+0 R+7 W+2 | Init +6 | Perc +8(9 trapfinding) | SM +0 | CMB +2 | CMD 15 | Speed 30

Well, now that the nasties are clear, you can smell Naneryn coming up from the rear to enter the room. He scans for poison and then traps. What is that clam thing on the wall? He investigates

detect traps: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (8) + 9 = 17

Dark Archive

Thonrkeep - The Sanctum | Module - Daughters of Fury | Campaign - Return of the Runelords

There are no traps about the room, or any of the doors. You get the sense that these rooms are all about what is inside them, and what they were used for.

This west room is quite bizarre, and you think you'll need to spend some time in here to figure it out.

The Exchange

Male Halfling Air Elemental Sorcerer 7 | HP 30/30 | AC 20 T 16 FF 17 resist electricity 10 | CMB +1 CMD 14 | F+3 R+6 W+7 | Init+9 | Perc+3 SM+1 | Speed 20' | Elemental Ray 6/8 | Spells 1st 8/8; 2nd 7/7; 3rd 4/5 | Lesser Extend (rod) 3/3 | Active conditions: none

Telos looks in disappointment at the dog-goo collected around he and Seward. He then hurriedly motions back at the opposite door.

I have a few moments i.e., two rounds. on this sphere. If one of you throws open the door momentarily I'll send it it. Maybe let it do a bit of damage and then slam the door shut again? Eh? Eh?

Dark Archive

Thonrkeep - The Sanctum | Module - Daughters of Fury | Campaign - Return of the Runelords

The cleric nods, and moves to open the other door. Swiftly, Telos moves his orb onto one of the rattling plants on the other side of the door. "OKAY IF YOU"RE SURE LAD!"

Reflex: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 1 = 12 for Damage: 3d6 ⇒ (1, 2, 2) = 5

You see, that most of the wounds on the one you did a little damage to have already closed up. They take their readied actions! Not sure I can do this, but whatever, we never really dropped combat with them...

Bite: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 111d6 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7
Bite: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 131d6 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8

Combat Tracker! wrote:


Round ...I've lost track (5)? - ♭ Music!
@ Naneryn (-3 lethal)
@ Roran
@ Seward
@ Pietro
@ Telos

Akatas (green purple orange)
Fungus (green blue -6)

Team may act!

The Exchange

Male Halfling Air Elemental Sorcerer 7 | HP 30/30 | AC 20 T 16 FF 17 resist electricity 10 | CMB +1 CMD 14 | F+3 R+6 W+7 | Init+9 | Perc+3 SM+1 | Speed 20' | Elemental Ray 6/8 | Spells 1st 8/8; 2nd 7/7; 3rd 4/5 | Lesser Extend (rod) 3/3 | Active conditions: none

Final round of electrical sphere!

Telos rolls the orb just out of the way diagonal NE and then right back onto the fungus at the door.

Electricity damage vs. blue, DC17 reflex negates: 3d6 ⇒ (5, 1, 4) = 10

With that the sphere disappears as the spell ends.

Pietro, shut the door again!

Liberty's Edge

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Human Cleric of Cayden Cailean 6 | hp 51 | AC 20 T 9 FF 20 | CMD 16 | F +8 R +2 W +9 | Spd 20' | Init -1 | KnPla +8, KnRel +8, Perc +3, SensM +3 | channel 5/5 | daze touch 6/6 | Str surge +3 5/6 | clw wand 9/50 | cmw wand 4/5 | bull's str, str surge

Pietro sticks out his tongue and puts his thumb to his nose while wiggling his fingers on that hand at the two plant, monster things. "NAH NAH! *pbbt!*" He slams the door.

"THAT'LL SHOW THEM WE'RE SERIOUS!"

The Concordance

NG Halfling Ranger 7 Init +5 Perception +13 AC 23, t 17, ff 18, hp 67/67 Fort +11, Ref +13, Will +6 +2 vs. fear,

Seward, a little miffed that every time he gets and ok shot going the door closes, merely walks behind Pietro and waits for the door to reopen.

Dark Archive

Thonrkeep - The Sanctum | Module - Daughters of Fury | Campaign - Return of the Runelords

Reflex: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (18) + 1 = 19

As the door closes, you quickly see some of the wounds heal up once again on the one in front.

Combat Tracker! wrote:


Round ...I've lost track (6)? - ♭ Music!

@ Naneryn (-3 lethal)
@ Roran
@ Seward
@ Pietro
@ Telos

Akatas (green purple orange)
Fungus (green blue -9)

Team may act!

So whats the plan guys?

The Exchange

Male Halfling Air Elemental Sorcerer 7 | HP 30/30 | AC 20 T 16 FF 17 resist electricity 10 | CMB +1 CMD 14 | F+3 R+6 W+7 | Init+9 | Perc+3 SM+1 | Speed 20' | Elemental Ray 6/8 | Spells 1st 8/8; 2nd 7/7; 3rd 4/5 | Lesser Extend (rod) 3/3 | Active conditions: none

Telos heads to the next and final southern door.

Okay, I guess we try door number three now? What do you think we'll find here? Any guesses before I open it? Eh, celestial frogs? Protean wombats?

Without really waiting he throws that door open....

I have no idea if we're doing these "trials" right.

Grand Lodge

CORE-Male elf | Rogue 2 / Illusionist 1 |HP: 18/18 | AC18 T 14 FF 14 | F+0 R+7 W+2 | Init +6 | Perc +8(9 trapfinding) | SM +0 | CMB +2 | CMD 15 | Speed 30

I'm pretty sure we aren't... but I cannot really think of a better course of action, so carry on...

The smelly rogue stands (kind of) ready in the back. His bow is drawn and an arrow is notched, but his stance says he doesn't believe he'll get a bead on anything. Meanwhile, his eyes are are still darting about, looking for danger and tackling the puzzle at the same time.

"You people make me tired just watching you."

Dark Archive

Thonrkeep - The Sanctum | Module - Daughters of Fury | Campaign - Return of the Runelords

Without really knowing what to expect, Telos opens the door with the blessing of his team.

The curved western wall of this room depicts a vast field of stars with such realism that one feels perched at the edge of an infinite gulf. You look into the room, and it if never-ending. The beautiful and surreal view is mesmerising, as if you are walking onto a blanket of stars all perfectly lit. You all feel like taking a step forward and into the room, to spread your wings and fly off into the stars.

No initiative, but can everyone please make me DC 14 Will Saves to resist the urge to go flying through the stars.

The Exchange

Male Halfling Air Elemental Sorcerer 7 | HP 30/30 | AC 20 T 16 FF 17 resist electricity 10 | CMB +1 CMD 14 | F+3 R+6 W+7 | Init+9 | Perc+3 SM+1 | Speed 20' | Elemental Ray 6/8 | Spells 1st 8/8; 2nd 7/7; 3rd 4/5 | Lesser Extend (rod) 3/3 | Active conditions: none

Will, DC14: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 13

Why be a Pathfinder when you can be a Starfinder? Woooooo!

Telos spreads his arms like they were a bird's wings and runs into the room, running around as is possible in the actual space to get the feel of floating through outer space and the stars.

Liberty's Edge

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Human Cleric of Cayden Cailean 6 | hp 51 | AC 20 T 9 FF 20 | CMD 16 | F +8 R +2 W +9 | Spd 20' | Init -1 | KnPla +8, KnRel +8, Perc +3, SensM +3 | channel 5/5 | daze touch 6/6 | Str surge +3 5/6 | clw wand 9/50 | cmw wand 4/5 | bull's str, str surge

"IMPETUOUS BOY!"

Will save: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (4) + 7 = 11

"Ah well, who wants to live forever? DIVE!"

The Concordance

NG Halfling Ranger 7 Init +5 Perception +13 AC 23, t 17, ff 18, hp 67/67 Fort +11, Ref +13, Will +6 +2 vs. fear,

Will: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (19) + 4 = 23

Seward holds himself in place and laughs Have some self control there fellas

Grand Lodge

CORE-Male elf | Rogue 2 / Illusionist 1 |HP: 18/18 | AC18 T 14 FF 14 | F+0 R+7 W+2 | Init +6 | Perc +8(9 trapfinding) | SM +0 | CMB +2 | CMD 15 | Speed 30

Will: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 2 = 17

"too much effort" grumbles the smelly elf in his sloth-like speach. His eyes, however, continue to look for trouble. He tries to disbelieve the illusion (painted/magical/whatever) and see what is really in the room.

Fungi in a jail, Geodes with green (emerald?) crystals protected by tentacle lion puppy things, and stars.... what does it mean? He thinks to the fungi "We have entered the star room and are visiting your Visitant. I don't think it's home"

Silver Crusade

Male LG Human Paladin of Iomedae 6 | HP 52/52 | AC 26 T 11 FF 25 | CMB +9, CMD 21 | F: +9, R: +8, W: +10 | Init: +2 | Perc: +6; SM: +11 | Speed 30ft (20 ft in armor) | Detect Evil: At Will | Smite Evil: 2/2 | Lay on Hands: 6/6 | Aura of Courage (10ft) | Active conditions:

will save: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (17) + 7 = 24

Roran watches as a majority of companions take flight. "odd"

Dark Archive

Thonrkeep - The Sanctum | Module - Daughters of Fury | Campaign - Return of the Runelords

Roran, Seward and Naneryn watch as Telos and Pietro walk into the room all wide eyed. After a few moments of them standing around, you notice the room get incredibly bright and hot, as it explodes in a flash of radiance.

Explosion: 1d6 ⇒ 21d4 ⇒ 2

Those inside the room at this time (Telos and Pietro) take 2 points of charisma damage as an overwhelming sense of loss fills their minds.

The south room! -- you can roll planes or arcana checks.

The sorcerer and cleric snap out of it, feeling lost, as if they've just fallen flat after falling for several hundred feat. They both get a unique sense of the rooms purpose. Perhaps, this is a powerful magic depicting the formation and death of plants in your solar system. You recognise the Diaspora and all the stars within, as they go about their natural cycle. You think if you concentrate hard enough, you could will yourself to the exact point of lifespan of any one fragmented world in the solar system.

I am assuming you are getting the heck out of this room. You think if you stay, you'll have to commit to another will save.

The west room! -- you can roll planes or arcana checks.

You check this room out where the space dogs were in once again, and notice that on the dias is a piece of stone. You recognise this stone to be a piece of meteorite. The focus on this other-worldy object is strange, yet somehow befitting of this place. You think whoever placed it here, was trying to reference that life on other planets exists, and in many forms.

You think the last room you are really to investigate is the room in the east. What would you like to do next?

Liberty's Edge

Male Human Cleric of Cayden Cailean 6 | hp 51 | AC 20 T 9 FF 20 | CMD 16 | F +8 R +2 W +9 | Spd 20' | Init -1 | KnPla +8, KnRel +8, Perc +3, SensM +3 | channel 5/5 | daze touch 6/6 | Str surge +3 5/6 | clw wand 9/50 | cmw wand 4/5 | bull's str, str surge
GM Tealk wrote:

Roran, Seward and Naneryn watch as Telos and Pietro walk into the room all wide eyed. After a few moments of them standing around, you notice the room get incredibly bright and hot, as it explodes in a flash of radiance.

The south room! -- you can roll planes or arcana checks.

The sorcerer and cleric snap out of it, feeling lost, as if they've just fallen flat after falling for several hundred feat. They both get a unique sense of the rooms purpose. Perhaps, this is a powerful magic depicting the formation and death of plants in your solar system.

I'm guessing that was auto-incorrected from 'planets'.

knowledge (planes, south): 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5

"I had this feeling like the place was full of stars and that I was this sort of heavenly body floating out among them orbited by this small moon." says Pietro hauling himself up off Telos.

"It makes you feel small compared to its grand immensity." he says in a uncharacteristically somber and reasonable tone.

Upon regaining his footing he stomps off into the next room where he suspiciously inspects the contents of his hip flask.

knowledge (planes, west): 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (19) + 4 = 23

The Exchange

Male Halfling Air Elemental Sorcerer 7 | HP 30/30 | AC 20 T 16 FF 17 resist electricity 10 | CMB +1 CMD 14 | F+3 R+6 W+7 | Init+9 | Perc+3 SM+1 | Speed 20' | Elemental Ray 6/8 | Spells 1st 8/8; 2nd 7/7; 3rd 4/5 | Lesser Extend (rod) 3/3 | Active conditions: none

Telos shakes the odd feeling off and quickly exits the starry room.

knowledge (arcana, west): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (3) + 7 = 10
knowledge (arcana, south): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (10) + 7 = 17

Telos nods in agreement with Pietro, still sobering from the recent experience in the south room.

Not just that, but it makes me wonder how much is out there that we can't imagine! There's countless other types of life amongst those stars. We travel to other planes often enough in our missions... surely they can get us out there for a mission some day... He ponders the comparison and how this must be possible... but he can't immediately figure out how.

Dark Archive

Thonrkeep - The Sanctum | Module - Daughters of Fury | Campaign - Return of the Runelords

Just saying, no one has checked the door which locked behind you. Still waiting on what you guys want to do next, you have one room "unexplored", but you've seen inside it.

You hear a familiar voice, from the lady-cleric who let you inside. "Have you witnessed his miracles? The vibrations of your efforts were felt within the Chapel. You have opened the doors and gleamed inside. Do you wish to return?"

Liberty's Edge

Male Human Cleric of Cayden Cailean 6 | hp 51 | AC 20 T 9 FF 20 | CMD 16 | F +8 R +2 W +9 | Spd 20' | Init -1 | KnPla +8, KnRel +8, Perc +3, SensM +3 | channel 5/5 | daze touch 6/6 | Str surge +3 5/6 | clw wand 9/50 | cmw wand 4/5 | bull's str, str surge

Pietro returns to putting his shoulder against the door containing the whositwhatsits.

GM Tealk wrote:
You hear a familiar voice, from the lady-cleric who let you inside. "Have you witnessed his miracles? The vibrations of your efforts were felt within the Chapel. You have opened the doors and gleamed inside. Do you wish to return?"

"SURE, SURE! BUT WE NEED TO TAKE STOCK OF OUR DISCOVERIES FIRST!" shouts the slightly annoyed Pietro at the cleric's interruption of his and Telos's deep meditations upon the infinite. Returning to the conversation he excitedly adds "WHY JUST THINK WHAT THIS MEANS! WHY BEER ALONE WILL CHANGE IN WAYS WE CAN BARELY FATHOM. Hmm. 'Fathoms of beer'...."

The Exchange

Male Halfling Air Elemental Sorcerer 7 | HP 30/30 | AC 20 T 16 FF 17 resist electricity 10 | CMB +1 CMD 14 | F+3 R+6 W+7 | Init+9 | Perc+3 SM+1 | Speed 20' | Elemental Ray 6/8 | Spells 1st 8/8; 2nd 7/7; 3rd 4/5 | Lesser Extend (rod) 3/3 | Active conditions: none

Telos calls back through the door.

Who exactly, is "him"?

The Concordance

NG Halfling Ranger 7 Init +5 Perception +13 AC 23, t 17, ff 18, hp 67/67 Fort +11, Ref +13, Will +6 +2 vs. fear,

Seward shrugs his shoulder I didn't experience anything but inconvenience and shrooms.

Liberty's Edge

Male Human Cleric of Cayden Cailean 6 | hp 51 | AC 20 T 9 FF 20 | CMD 16 | F +8 R +2 W +9 | Spd 20' | Init -1 | KnPla +8, KnRel +8, Perc +3, SensM +3 | channel 5/5 | daze touch 6/6 | Str surge +3 5/6 | clw wand 9/50 | cmw wand 4/5 | bull's str, str surge
Telos Downshot wrote:

Telos calls back through the door.

Who exactly, is "him"?

"WHO?"

The Exchange

Male Halfling Air Elemental Sorcerer 7 | HP 30/30 | AC 20 T 16 FF 17 resist electricity 10 | CMB +1 CMD 14 | F+3 R+6 W+7 | Init+9 | Perc+3 SM+1 | Speed 20' | Elemental Ray 6/8 | Spells 1st 8/8; 2nd 7/7; 3rd 4/5 | Lesser Extend (rod) 3/3 | Active conditions: none
Pietro Slaszval the Boisterous wrote:
Telos Downshot wrote:

Telos calls back through the door.

Who exactly, is "him"?

"WHO?"

Oh, I get it. "Who" from Which Mountain.

The halfing turns away from Pietro and visibly rolls his eyes such that the rest of the party can see.

He yells back out through the door, Yes, we've witnessed some, em, "miracles", you can let us out now.

He walks up to the exit door and tugs on it a bit to see if it gives.

Liberty's Edge

Male Human Cleric of Cayden Cailean 6 | hp 51 | AC 20 T 9 FF 20 | CMD 16 | F +8 R +2 W +9 | Spd 20' | Init -1 | KnPla +8, KnRel +8, Perc +3, SensM +3 | channel 5/5 | daze touch 6/6 | Str surge +3 5/6 | clw wand 9/50 | cmw wand 4/5 | bull's str, str surge
Telos Downshot wrote:
Pietro Slaszval the Boisterous wrote:
Telos Downshot wrote:

Telos calls back through the door.

Who exactly, is "him"?

"WHO?"
Oh, I get it. "Who" from Which Mountain.

"WITCH MOUNTAIN!?"

The Exchange

Male Halfling Air Elemental Sorcerer 7 | HP 30/30 | AC 20 T 16 FF 17 resist electricity 10 | CMB +1 CMD 14 | F+3 R+6 W+7 | Init+9 | Perc+3 SM+1 | Speed 20' | Elemental Ray 6/8 | Spells 1st 8/8; 2nd 7/7; 3rd 4/5 | Lesser Extend (rod) 3/3 | Active conditions: none
Pietro Slaszval the Boisterous wrote:
Telos Downshot wrote:
Pietro Slaszval the Boisterous wrote:
Telos Downshot wrote:

Telos calls back through the door.

Who exactly, is "him"?

"WHO?"
Oh, I get it. "Who" from Which Mountain.
"WITCH MOUNTAIN!?"

Yeah! That's what I said! Which mountain!

It's even better that we're doing this backwards :P

751 to 800 of 1,492 << first < prev | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Tealk’s - Core - Thornkeep Series All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.