GM Tealk's - Core - Thornkeep Series

Game Master Tealk

Dark Menagerie - Maps!


1,001 to 1,050 of 1,350 << first < prev | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | next > last >>
The Exchange

Male Halfling Air Elemental Sorcerer 6 | HP 26/26 | AC 18 t15 ff15 resist electricity 10 | CMB +1 CMD 14 | F+3 R+6 W+7 | Init+5 | Perc+3 SM+1 | Speed 20' | Elemental Ray 2/8 | Spells 1st 4/8; 2nd 3/6; 3rd 3/4 | Active conditions: none

Pietro, activate the daylight scroll now!

[move] control flaming sphere, roll out of the way (30')

If Telos can target the visitant, now or after daylight...:

[standard] cast magic missile

Missile 1 force damage: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4
Missile 2 force damage: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5

The halfling mutters to himself.

Hmm, fire didn't work. Note to self: try electricity soon...

Liberty's Edge

Male Human Cleric of Cayden Cailean 5 | hp 40/43 | AC 19 T 9 FF 19 | CMD 15 | F +7 R +1 W +8 | Spd 20' | Init -1 | KnPla +6, KnRel +7, Perc +3, SensM +3 | channel 5/5 | daze touch 6/6 | Str surge 6/6 | clw wand 9/50 | cmw wand 4/5

Without any sort of height indicator or area of effect markers I'm going to assume that Pietro is engulfed in the the field of darkness-- AND that it is 'true darkness,' and not just 'dim lighting,' as the spell darkness overlays whatever natural lighting conditions are already present, making it dimmer. So with that assumption in mind:

"RIGHT!!"

Pietro moves (possibly triggering an AoO).

acrobatics (move at full speed, DC 10): 1d20 - 5 ⇒ (13) - 5 = 8

There follows the appalling noise of a metal garbage can stuffed with cast-off automotive parts falling down stairs as Pietro falls prone in the darkness!

He stands up again (possibly triggering a second AoO).

End turn.

Dark Archive

Thonrkeep - Dark Menagerie | Module - Daughters of Fury | Campaign - Return of the Runelords

...and it begins...I have placed the Darkness aura on the map to see how far 20 ft actually goes. I guess Seward, Telos and Roran still have their turns...

The creature laughs, Where do you think you're going, little man?

Claw: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (1) + 14 = 151d4 + 2 + 2d6 ⇒ (1) + 2 + (1, 2) = 6 - first aoo on the movement...
Claw: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (14) + 14 = 281d4 + 2 + 2d6 ⇒ (2) + 2 + (3, 6) = 13 - second aoo on the getting up...
Grab; Evisceration: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (5) + 15 = 201d4 ⇒ 3 - Pietro, please make DC 16 Fort save, or take... INT damage...

As the cleric stands up in the darkness, he does so impaling himself on the sharp claws of the creature. He feels a long nail go through the back of his neck. As the creature touches the nerves at the back of Pietro's skull, he feels himself draining.

still on Round 6
@ Seward (mag. wep.)
@ Naneryn (mag. wep., proc. evil)
Pietro - 13 lethal + DC 16 Fort
@ Roran (proc. evil)
@ Telos -9 lethal (shield)

! Priest -72 lethal
! The Visitant -37 lethal
Team may act!

The Exchange

Male Halfling Air Elemental Sorcerer 6 | HP 26/26 | AC 18 t15 ff15 resist electricity 10 | CMB +1 CMD 14 | F+3 R+6 W+7 | Init+5 | Perc+3 SM+1 | Speed 20' | Elemental Ray 2/8 | Spells 1st 4/8; 2nd 3/6; 3rd 3/4 | Active conditions: none

if the darkness has already invalidated his targeting for the spell, he will instead back out of the darkness and his turn is over. 4 sq west, but I can’t update the map at this moment.

Liberty's Edge

Male Human Cleric of Cayden Cailean 5 | hp 40/43 | AC 19 T 9 FF 19 | CMD 15 | F +7 R +1 W +8 | Spd 20' | Init -1 | KnPla +6, KnRel +7, Perc +3, SensM +3 | channel 5/5 | daze touch 6/6 | Str surge 6/6 | clw wand 9/50 | cmw wand 4/5

Fort save (prot evil): 1d20 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 6 + 2 = 18

"HA! MY SKULL IS SO THICK THAT IT CAN BE KICKED BY A WARHORSE AND NOT SHOW ANY WEAR!" brags Pietro.

The Exchange

Male Halfling Air Elemental Sorcerer 6 | HP 26/26 | AC 18 t15 ff15 resist electricity 10 | CMB +1 CMD 14 | F+3 R+6 W+7 | Init+5 | Perc+3 SM+1 | Speed 20' | Elemental Ray 2/8 | Spells 1st 4/8; 2nd 3/6; 3rd 3/4 | Active conditions: none

Telos comes out of the darkness, looking around and expecting to see Pietro and a scroll...

What's going on? Get out of there so you can read it!! the halfling cries into the darkness.

Liberty's Edge

Male Human Cleric of Cayden Cailean 5 | hp 40/43 | AC 19 T 9 FF 19 | CMD 15 | F +7 R +1 W +8 | Spd 20' | Init -1 | KnPla +6, KnRel +7, Perc +3, SensM +3 | channel 5/5 | daze touch 6/6 | Str surge 6/6 | clw wand 9/50 | cmw wand 4/5

Should have gotten the braille one.

Silver Crusade

Male LG Human Paladin of Iomedae 5 | HP 41/44 | AC 25 T 11 FF 24 | CMB +8, CMD 20 | F: +7, R: +6, W: +8 | Init: +2 | Perc: +6; SM: +10 | Speed 30ft (20 ft in armor) | Detect Evil: At Will | Smite Evil: 2/2 | Lay on Hands: 3/4 | Aura of Courage (10ft) | Active conditions:

Roran delays until the light comes back on.

"Okay, some light would be good now"

Liberty's Edge

Male Human Cleric of Cayden Cailean 5 | hp 40/43 | AC 19 T 9 FF 19 | CMD 15 | F +7 R +1 W +8 | Spd 20' | Init -1 | KnPla +6, KnRel +7, Perc +3, SensM +3 | channel 5/5 | daze touch 6/6 | Str surge 6/6 | clw wand 9/50 | cmw wand 4/5
Roran Garrowson wrote:
Roran delays until the light comes back on.

If you've got stuff to do (like dragging Pietro clear of the darkness) I would suggest doing it, because if it happens at all, it won't be until at least next round.

The Concordance

NG Halfling Ranger 4 Init +6 Perception +11 AC 19, t 15, ff 15 hp 40/40 Fort +9, Ref +10, Will +4; +2 vs. fear,

Seward also delays for the daylight.

Silver Crusade

Male LG Human Paladin of Iomedae 5 | HP 41/44 | AC 25 T 11 FF 24 | CMB +8, CMD 20 | F: +7, R: +6, W: +8 | Init: +2 | Perc: +6; SM: +10 | Speed 30ft (20 ft in armor) | Detect Evil: At Will | Smite Evil: 2/2 | Lay on Hands: 3/4 | Aura of Courage (10ft) | Active conditions:
Pietro Slaszval the Boisterous wrote:
Roran Garrowson wrote:
Roran delays until the light comes back on.
If you've got stuff to do (like dragging Pietro clear of the darkness) I would suggest doing it, because if it happens at all, it won't be until at least next round.

Well it would be a turn to "grapple" Pietro and then another turn maintain my grapple to move/drag you out. Would you rather me do that?

Liberty's Edge

Male Human Cleric of Cayden Cailean 5 | hp 40/43 | AC 19 T 9 FF 19 | CMD 15 | F +7 R +1 W +8 | Spd 20' | Init -1 | KnPla +6, KnRel +7, Perc +3, SensM +3 | channel 5/5 | daze touch 6/6 | Str surge 6/6 | clw wand 9/50 | cmw wand 4/5

Reposition, bull rush, or drag are probably better options. Otherwise you could simply just drag him like so much dead weight. There are a lot of different ways to dive in and knock someone out of the way of a trap or speeding carriage, or carry your cowardly cartoon Great Dane away from a ghost (or young prince or princess away from danger). In this case there are two obstacles to overcome. One, you probably have to find Pietro in the dark (which shouldn't be too hard considering who he is--but still probably means a 50% miss chance), and two, you have to let him know that you are doing it so he doesn't reflexively resist (because it is dark, and he can't see who is touching him). Basically, anything to help Pietro avoid getting hit one more time before he can activate the scroll. Plus, he's your cleric and healing would probably be good too. ;)

Silver Crusade

Male LG Human Paladin of Iomedae 5 | HP 41/44 | AC 25 T 11 FF 24 | CMB +8, CMD 20 | F: +7, R: +6, W: +8 | Init: +2 | Perc: +6; SM: +10 | Speed 30ft (20 ft in armor) | Detect Evil: At Will | Smite Evil: 2/2 | Lay on Hands: 3/4 | Aura of Courage (10ft) | Active conditions:

re position and drag are from the Advanced Player's Guide, so not legal options at this point. But, I think those rules are for enemies. standard action to grab and then move to drag Pietro out.

Roran grabs hold of the cleric and drags him out by his collar.

acrobatics DC 10: 1d20 - 4 ⇒ (11) - 4 = 7

Whelp, now I am prone...so much for that idea.

Dark Archive

Thonrkeep - Dark Menagerie | Module - Daughters of Fury | Campaign - Return of the Runelords

The creature dismisses the chatter, and instead goes for the helpless rogue.

Claw: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (13) + 14 = 271d4 + 2 + 2d6 ⇒ (4) + 2 + (3, 4) = 13
Claw: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (11) + 14 = 251d4 + 2 + 2d6 ⇒ (1) + 2 + (2, 6) = 11
Grab;Eviserate: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (12) + 15 = 272d6 ⇒ (1, 1) = 21d4 ⇒ 3 -- @Naneryn please make me a DC 18 Fortitude save, or take DEX damage.

Fort, Naneryn: 1d20 + 0 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 0 + 2 = 16
Fort, Naneryn, stabilise: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (2) + 0 = 2

There is a light thud coming from the darkness, as you all suspect the rogue drops.

Round 7
@ Seward (mag. wep.)
@ Naneryn -24 lethal -3 dex (unconscious, bleeding, prone) (mag. wep., proc. evil)
@ Pietro - 13 lethal (prone)
@ Roran (prone) (proc. evil)
@ Telos -9 lethal (shield)

! Priest -72 lethal
! The Visitant -37 lethal
Team may act!

Liberty's Edge

Male Human Cleric of Cayden Cailean 5 | hp 40/43 | AC 19 T 9 FF 19 | CMD 15 | F +7 R +1 W +8 | Spd 20' | Init -1 | KnPla +6, KnRel +7, Perc +3, SensM +3 | channel 5/5 | daze touch 6/6 | Str surge 6/6 | clw wand 9/50 | cmw wand 4/5
Roran Garrowson wrote:

re position and drag are from the Advanced Player's Guide, so not legal options at this point. But, I think those rules are for enemies. standard action to grab and then move to drag Pietro out.

Roran grabs hold of the cleric and drags him out by his collar.

Whelp, now I am prone...so much for that idea.

So which square is Roran placing Pietro in? Grabbing someone is minimally a move action but letting go of stuff is usually free.

Silver Crusade

Male LG Human Paladin of Iomedae 5 | HP 41/44 | AC 25 T 11 FF 24 | CMB +8, CMD 20 | F: +7, R: +6, W: +8 | Init: +2 | Perc: +6; SM: +10 | Speed 30ft (20 ft in armor) | Detect Evil: At Will | Smite Evil: 2/2 | Lay on Hands: 3/4 | Aura of Courage (10ft) | Active conditions:

Your call my friend. All I know is that I am now prone.

The Exchange

Male Halfling Air Elemental Sorcerer 6 | HP 26/26 | AC 18 t15 ff15 resist electricity 10 | CMB +1 CMD 14 | F+3 R+6 W+7 | Init+5 | Perc+3 SM+1 | Speed 20' | Elemental Ray 2/8 | Spells 1st 4/8; 2nd 3/6; 3rd 3/4 | Active conditions: none

Telos stares intently into the darkness waiting for a cleric to emerge.

Waiting to see how the Pietro extraction goes before taking his actions.

Liberty's Edge

Male Human Cleric of Cayden Cailean 5 | hp 40/43 | AC 19 T 9 FF 19 | CMD 15 | F +7 R +1 W +8 | Spd 20' | Init -1 | KnPla +6, KnRel +7, Perc +3, SensM +3 | channel 5/5 | daze touch 6/6 | Str surge 6/6 | clw wand 9/50 | cmw wand 4/5
Roran Garrowson wrote:
Your call my friend. All I know is that I am now prone.

That will depend upon where exactly Roran is on the map. I'm not exactly sure his current position is correct, but it look like he fell prone 15 feet away from where he (I hope) started. All that is really important for Pietro is to be out of immediate AoO range so that he can move without being attacked.

Silver Crusade

Male LG Human Paladin of Iomedae 5 | HP 41/44 | AC 25 T 11 FF 24 | CMB +8, CMD 20 | F: +7, R: +6, W: +8 | Init: +2 | Perc: +6; SM: +10 | Speed 30ft (20 ft in armor) | Detect Evil: At Will | Smite Evil: 2/2 | Lay on Hands: 3/4 | Aura of Courage (10ft) | Active conditions:

I forgot to move back after my plan changed. My current location is where I started. I never really knew how being blind works. Do you move half your speed and then make the check to keep going or not, this is how I usually play it IRL. But have gotten table variation before.

If GM is ok with it, I could move the 10ft towards the door, which is half my speed. And then drop Pietro outside of the circle. Right IFO of Seward, and adjacent to me.

Went ahead and placed X's where I would like to place us

Dark Archive

Thonrkeep - Dark Menagerie | Module - Daughters of Fury | Campaign - Return of the Runelords

Apologies, I had an insanely busy weekend!

Miss?: 1d10 ⇒ 7 - Low is always bad!

Roran grabs hold of his ally cleric, and hesitates to do the combat maneouver - knowing it would put his friend in hars way.

Drag rules; wrote:
If you do not have the Improved Drag feat or a similar ability, initiating a drag provokes an attack of opportunity from the target of your maneuver.

If you are okay with provoking an attack of opportunity from the boss by doing so, I am happy to let you drag Pietro 10 ft, which would be half your movement speed meaning you don't have to roll acrobatics. and then drop him outside the darkness.

This I leave in your hands.

Silver Crusade

Male LG Human Paladin of Iomedae 5 | HP 41/44 | AC 25 T 11 FF 24 | CMB +8, CMD 20 | F: +7, R: +6, W: +8 | Init: +2 | Perc: +6; SM: +10 | Speed 30ft (20 ft in armor) | Detect Evil: At Will | Smite Evil: 2/2 | Lay on Hands: 3/4 | Aura of Courage (10ft) | Active conditions:

If we are using the combat maneuver version neither of us would provoke from the boss. I would only provoke from my target, meaning Peitro. And Peitro would not provoke from the monster either. Due to the wording of the maneuver itself. See below

drag says wrote:
An enemy being moved by a drag does not provoke an attack of opportunity because of the movement unless you possess the Greater Drag feat.

Dark Archive

Thonrkeep - Dark Menagerie | Module - Daughters of Fury | Campaign - Return of the Runelords

Nevermind me, you are right. Yoy will not provoke from the boss. Go ahead and do so.

Dark Archive

Thonrkeep - Dark Menagerie | Module - Daughters of Fury | Campaign - Return of the Runelords

I have moved Roran and Pietro to their dragged locations.

The Concordance

NG Halfling Ranger 4 Init +6 Perception +11 AC 19, t 15, ff 15 hp 40/40 Fort +9, Ref +10, Will +4; +2 vs. fear,

Seward continues to hold.

The Exchange

Male Halfling Air Elemental Sorcerer 6 | HP 26/26 | AC 18 t15 ff15 resist electricity 10 | CMB +1 CMD 14 | F+3 R+6 W+7 | Init+5 | Perc+3 SM+1 | Speed 20' | Elemental Ray 2/8 | Spells 1st 4/8; 2nd 3/6; 3rd 3/4 | Active conditions: none

Drunk man! Use the scroll now!

It's going to be "hilarious" if it has more than one use of darkness per day.

Liberty's Edge

Male Human Cleric of Cayden Cailean 5 | hp 40/43 | AC 19 T 9 FF 19 | CMD 15 | F +7 R +1 W +8 | Spd 20' | Init -1 | KnPla +6, KnRel +7, Perc +3, SensM +3 | channel 5/5 | daze touch 6/6 | Str surge 6/6 | clw wand 9/50 | cmw wand 4/5

"OH! BETTER!" Pietro says happy to see his hands again. Quickly he begins to dramatically read the magical words written on the scroll of daylight. "OWAH TAGU SIAM!"

CL check: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (18) + 3 = 21 He targets the darkness effect.

Dark Archive

Thonrkeep - Dark Menagerie | Module - Daughters of Fury | Campaign - Return of the Runelords

With a little bit of luck, the part watches as the cleric is able to activate the scroll and call forth salvation. The bright light is almost blinding, and it take a few seconds for your eyes to adjust. Fighting the darkness, it illuminates the dark chapel, giving the pathfinders an upper hand. Visually dazzled by the light, the creature tries to cover its eyes. You feel the vibrations get quicker in the air, as you can tell you've pissed it off.

Botting for Seward, and Naneryn. Telos, you can take 2 turns.
Point Blank Shot Rapid Shot Longbow: 1d20 + 10 + 1 - 2 ⇒ (1) + 10 + 1 - 2 = 101d6 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3
Point Blank Shot Rapid Shot Longbow: 1d20 + 10 + 1 - 2 ⇒ (11) + 10 + 1 - 2 = 201d6 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3 /both miss

Naneryn, stable?: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (9) + 0 = 9

Fighting off the beams of light, angry, the creature charges at the paladin who helped his prey escape.
Claw: 1d20 + 14 + 2 - 1 ⇒ (6) + 14 + 2 - 1 = 211d4 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5
Grab;Eviserate: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (20) + 15 = 352d6 ⇒ (6, 6) = 121d4 ⇒ 4 -- @Pietro please make me a DC 18 Fortitude save, or take INT damage.

...out of frustration, he aims his claws for the full plate, and slams into Roran with a thud.

Round 8
@ Seward (mag. wep.)
@ Naneryn -25 lethal -3 dex (unconscious, bleeding, prone) (mag. wep., proc. evil)
@ Pietro - 13 lethal (prone)
@ Roran (prone) (proc. evil)
@ Telos -9 lethal (shield) - May act twice!

! Priest -72 lethal
! The Visitant -37 lethal
Team may act!

Liberty's Edge

Male Human Cleric of Cayden Cailean 5 | hp 40/43 | AC 19 T 9 FF 19 | CMD 15 | F +7 R +1 W +8 | Spd 20' | Init -1 | KnPla +6, KnRel +7, Perc +3, SensM +3 | channel 5/5 | daze touch 6/6 | Str surge 6/6 | clw wand 9/50 | cmw wand 4/5

Prone? I think that is meant to be 'prot evil'.

Dark Archive

Thonrkeep - Dark Menagerie | Module - Daughters of Fury | Campaign - Return of the Runelords

Apologies, you are infact standing up. Will fix on next card.

The Concordance

NG Halfling Ranger 4 Init +6 Perception +11 AC 19, t 15, ff 15 hp 40/40 Fort +9, Ref +10, Will +4; +2 vs. fear,

Seward fires off two more shots

Rapid Shot Long Bow: 1d20 + 10 + 1 - 2 ⇒ (7) + 10 + 1 - 2 = 161d6 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 2 + 1 = 8
Rapid Shot Long Bow: 1d20 + 10 + 1 - 2 ⇒ (19) + 10 + 1 - 2 = 281d6 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 2 + 1 = 7

Silver Crusade

Male LG Human Paladin of Iomedae 5 | HP 41/44 | AC 25 T 11 FF 24 | CMB +8, CMD 20 | F: +7, R: +6, W: +8 | Init: +2 | Perc: +6; SM: +10 | Speed 30ft (20 ft in armor) | Detect Evil: At Will | Smite Evil: 2/2 | Lay on Hands: 3/4 | Aura of Courage (10ft) | Active conditions:

Since I only moved half of my movement, I am not prone as well.

Roran takes a swing at the beast once more.

Smite & Power Attack
magic slashing, bypasses DR: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (3) + 8 = 111d8 + 8 ⇒ (2) + 8 = 10

Swing and a miss

The Exchange

Male Halfling Air Elemental Sorcerer 6 | HP 26/26 | AC 18 t15 ff15 resist electricity 10 | CMB +1 CMD 14 | F+3 R+6 W+7 | Init+5 | Perc+3 SM+1 | Speed 20' | Elemental Ray 2/8 | Spells 1st 4/8; 2nd 3/6; 3rd 3/4 | Active conditions: none

Woohoo! The light is back!

TURN 1

Telos goes on the move to adjust for the shifting of the melee crowd as the darkness dissipates. When he arrives he unloads a pair of force darts.

[move] 20', 1NE, 1E, 1NE
[standard] cast magic missile
Missile 1, F damage: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2
Missile 2, F damage: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4

TURN 2

Okay, fire didn't work before. Let's try electricity just one time...

[standard] cast electrical sphere, dropping it on the visitant
Electrical sphere, electricity damage, DC17 reflex negates: 3d6 ⇒ (3, 3, 1) = 7

He then backs away further but keeping a clear view of it.

[move]10', 1NE, 1E


Prototype GM Tool CR-X

I am going to say that Pietro will channel, to save Naneryn at this point. If this isn't what would happen, feel free to growl at me.

Pietro, reluctantly channels positive energy, and steps to give his friend a flank.
Channel: 1d8 ⇒ 3

Naneryn stabilises.

Let me know if Pietro, wouldn't do this. If so, just take another turn, and I will redact the healing.

Dark Archive

Thonrkeep - Dark Menagerie | Module - Daughters of Fury | Campaign - Return of the Runelords

To Telos's dismay, the electricity seems to be ineffective against the creature. The sphere seems to remain in tact, but slide over the creatures alien hide like it was butter.

The ranger continues to poke at the horror, his arrows dealing minimum damage.

Anrgy, the creature fights with the paladin.
Claw: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (14) + 14 = 281d4 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5 / hit
Claw: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (5) + 14 = 191d4 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8
Claw: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (8) + 14 = 221d4 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8
Claw: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (13) + 14 = 271d4 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7 /hit
Grab; Eviserate: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (20) + 15 = 352d6 ⇒ (4, 2) = 61d4 ⇒ 1 -- @Roran please make me a DC 18 Fortitude save, or take CHA damage.

Round 9
Healing everyone for 3, if Pietro wants to!

@ Seward (mag. wep.)
@ Naneryn -25 lethal -3 dex (unconscious, bleeding, prone) (mag. wep., proc. evil)
@ Pietro - 13 lethal
@ Roran -16 lethal (proc. evil) - Fort save!
@ Telos -9 lethal (shield)

! Priest -72 lethal
! The Visitant -46 lethal
Team may act!

The Exchange

Male Halfling Air Elemental Sorcerer 6 | HP 26/26 | AC 18 t15 ff15 resist electricity 10 | CMB +1 CMD 14 | F+3 R+6 W+7 | Init+5 | Perc+3 SM+1 | Speed 20' | Elemental Ray 2/8 | Spells 1st 4/8; 2nd 3/6; 3rd 3/4 | Active conditions: none

Oookay. No fire, no electricity. Back to basics.

[standard] cast magic missile
Missile 1, F damage: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3
Missile 2, F damage: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5

Liberty's Edge

Male Human Cleric of Cayden Cailean 5 | hp 40/43 | AC 19 T 9 FF 19 | CMD 15 | F +7 R +1 W +8 | Spd 20' | Init -1 | KnPla +6, KnRel +7, Perc +3, SensM +3 | channel 5/5 | daze touch 6/6 | Str surge 6/6 | clw wand 9/50 | cmw wand 4/5
Bot Buddy 9000 wrote:

I am going to say that Pietro will channel, to save Naneryn at this point. If this isn't what would happen, feel free to growl at me.

Pietro, reluctantly channels positive energy, and steps to give his friend a flank.

Naneryn stabilises.

Let me know if Pietro, wouldn't do this. If so, just take another turn, and I will redact the healing.

Sure, but it is 2d8, and the Visitant gets hp back too (in case you didn't already account for it). Pietro is probably never going to take Selective Channel as a feat. Usually he makes use of it in the middle of good-natured barroom brawls.

Squeezed out additional channeling for last round: 1d8 ⇒ 1 WOOT! 4 total!

"AND THAT!" **SWISH!**

mwk morningstar v Visitant: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 14 damage: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10

Silver Crusade

Male LG Human Paladin of Iomedae 5 | HP 41/44 | AC 25 T 11 FF 24 | CMB +8, CMD 20 | F: +7, R: +6, W: +8 | Init: +2 | Perc: +6; SM: +10 | Speed 30ft (20 ft in armor) | Detect Evil: At Will | Smite Evil: 2/2 | Lay on Hands: 3/4 | Aura of Courage (10ft) | Active conditions:

fortitude save: 1d20 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 6 + 2 = 16 How much charisma damage.It will make a difference on my attack

Dark Archive

Thonrkeep - Dark Menagerie | Module - Daughters of Fury | Campaign - Return of the Runelords

@Pietro, haha forgot the other d8. And yeah, all good, just don't want Naneryn to die. @Roran, only 1, the stat damage comes from the 1d4 at the e d of grab; eviscerate line.

Silver Crusade

Male LG Human Paladin of Iomedae 5 | HP 41/44 | AC 25 T 11 FF 24 | CMB +8, CMD 20 | F: +7, R: +6, W: +8 | Init: +2 | Perc: +6; SM: +10 | Speed 30ft (20 ft in armor) | Detect Evil: At Will | Smite Evil: 2/2 | Lay on Hands: 3/4 | Aura of Courage (10ft) | Active conditions:

Okay, good , so nothing noticeable yet

Roran again swings at the demon.

Smite & Power Attack
magic slashing, bypasses dr: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (18) + 8 = 261d8 + 8 ⇒ (8) + 8 = 16

Finally, a solid hit

The Concordance

NG Halfling Ranger 4 Init +6 Perception +11 AC 19, t 15, ff 15 hp 40/40 Fort +9, Ref +10, Will +4; +2 vs. fear,

Seward goes Plunk Plunk

Rapid Shot: 1d20 + 10 + 1 - 2 ⇒ (3) + 10 + 1 - 2 = 121d6 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 2 + 1 = 5
Rapid Shot: 1d20 + 10 + 1 - 2 ⇒ (2) + 10 + 1 - 2 = 111d6 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 2 + 1 = 6

Dark Archive

Thonrkeep - Dark Menagerie | Module - Daughters of Fury | Campaign - Return of the Runelords

The burst of warmth emitted from the cleric wash over Naneryn and begin to close his open wounds.

For the first time yet, the creature seems to lose his composure in the air, as the Roran lands a damaging blow. The magic missiles seems to fly straight and true, reaching their target and putting on some real pain on the creature.

"Aeaaarrrrg! Stopppp thisss!"

Claw: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (8) + 14 = 221d4 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5
Claw: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (5) + 14 = 191d4 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5
Claw: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (18) + 14 = 321d4 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7
Claw: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (10) + 14 = 241d4 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6
Grab; Eviserate: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (17) + 15 = 322d6 ⇒ (1, 6) = 71d4 ⇒ 2 -- @Roran please make me a DC 18 Fortitude save, or take CHA damage.

And just like that, the paladin drops.

No lay on hands for Roran for previous round?

Round 10

@ Seward (mag. wep.)
@ Naneryn -21 lethal -3 dex (unconscious, stable, prone) (mag. wep., proc. evil)
@ Pietro - 9 lethal
@ Roran -32 lethal -1 CHA (unconscious, bleeding, prone) (proc. evil) - Fort save!
@ Telos -5 lethal (shield)

! Priest -72 lethal
! The Visitant -62 lethal

Team may act!

Silver Crusade

Male LG Human Paladin of Iomedae 5 | HP 41/44 | AC 25 T 11 FF 24 | CMB +8, CMD 20 | F: +7, R: +6, W: +8 | Init: +2 | Perc: +6; SM: +10 | Speed 30ft (20 ft in armor) | Detect Evil: At Will | Smite Evil: 2/2 | Lay on Hands: 3/4 | Aura of Courage (10ft) | Active conditions:

fort save: 1d20 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 6 + 2 = 21

Can not lay on hands with a sword in one hand and shield in the other. You need a free hand to do so.

stabilization, DC 10: 1d20 + 2 - 6 ⇒ (16) + 2 - 6 = 12 And I am stable

The Exchange

Male Halfling Air Elemental Sorcerer 6 | HP 26/26 | AC 18 t15 ff15 resist electricity 10 | CMB +1 CMD 14 | F+3 R+6 W+7 | Init+5 | Perc+3 SM+1 | Speed 20' | Elemental Ray 2/8 | Spells 1st 4/8; 2nd 3/6; 3rd 3/4 | Active conditions: none

Pietro, we've got two men down. Let me know if I should stop firing magic missiles and help with my heaing wand!

Unsure of how much he would help there, Telos keeps doing what he knows for now.

[move] control electrical sphere, moving it out of the way until it expires.
[standard] cast magic missile

Missile 1, F damage: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5
Missile 2, F damage: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3

The Concordance

NG Halfling Ranger 4 Init +6 Perception +11 AC 19, t 15, ff 15 hp 40/40 Fort +9, Ref +10, Will +4; +2 vs. fear,

Seward goes pew pew

Longbow Rapid Shot: 1d20 + 10 - 2 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 10 - 2 + 1 = 201d6 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 2 + 1 = 8

Longbow Rapid Shot: 1d20 + 10 - 2 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 10 - 2 + 1 = 131d6 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 2 + 1 = 8

Liberty's Edge

Male Human Cleric of Cayden Cailean 5 | hp 40/43 | AC 19 T 9 FF 19 | CMD 15 | F +7 R +1 W +8 | Spd 20' | Init -1 | KnPla +6, KnRel +7, Perc +3, SensM +3 | channel 5/5 | daze touch 6/6 | Str surge 6/6 | clw wand 9/50 | cmw wand 4/5

Pietro steps away for a moment, to utter a quick prayer. "CAYDEN'S CROTCH!"

cure mod. wounds (self, spontaneously burning lesser restoration): 2d8 + 3 ⇒ (7, 6) + 3 = 16

Dark Archive

Thonrkeep - Dark Menagerie | Module - Daughters of Fury | Campaign - Return of the Runelords

A quick glance to the cleric from the creature, and Pietro feels that his spell was insignificant to this monster's end goals.

The creature roars in pain from another flurry of missiles which cause little ripples agasint his flesh. "I should have killed you first!"

He charges, Telos!
Claw: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (12) + 16 = 281d4 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8
Grab; Eviserate: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (11) + 15 = 262d6 ⇒ (2, 1) = 31d4 ⇒ 2 -- @Telos please make me a DC 18 Fortitude save, or take CON damage.

The sorcerer feels his life essence being drawn from his body, causing him to slant himself against the wall of the chapel. ]Can he keep standing?

Round 11
@ Seward (mag. wep.)
@ Naneryn -21 lethal -3 dex (unconscious, stable, prone) (mag. wep., proc. evil)
@ Pietro
@ Roran -32 lethal -1 CHA (unconscious, stable, prone) (proc. evil)
@ Telos -16 lethal (shield) - Fort save!

! Priest -72 lethal
! The Visitant -70 lethal

Team may act!

Liberty's Edge

Male Human Cleric of Cayden Cailean 5 | hp 40/43 | AC 19 T 9 FF 19 | CMD 15 | F +7 R +1 W +8 | Spd 20' | Init -1 | KnPla +6, KnRel +7, Perc +3, SensM +3 | channel 5/5 | daze touch 6/6 | Str surge 6/6 | clw wand 9/50 | cmw wand 4/5

"AND THAT!" **WHOOSH!** Pietro shouts swinging his morningstar for the thing's--err, head?

mwk morningstar v Visitant: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (18) + 6 = 24 damage: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5

"YES, I AM CERTAINLY GLAD WE RETURNED TODAY! THIS IS REALLY GOING TO MESS UP MY HEROIC TALE OF SURVIVAL AGAINST ALL ODDS AT THE TAVERN!" bellows the cleric to his short, stand-offish allies. "THAT AND I'M OUT 75 GP!"

The Exchange

Male Halfling Air Elemental Sorcerer 6 | HP 26/26 | AC 18 t15 ff15 resist electricity 10 | CMB +1 CMD 14 | F+3 R+6 W+7 | Init+5 | Perc+3 SM+1 | Speed 20' | Elemental Ray 2/8 | Spells 1st 4/8; 2nd 3/6; 3rd 3/4 | Active conditions: none

Uh oh! Incoming!

Fortitude, DC18: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10
2 CON damage puts him at 17 hit points, the current damage puts him at 1/17
Does "grab" mean Telos is grappled? I don't see that explicitly there...

A wave of nausea washes over the halfling as he weakens. Ug. Well... hey. On the bright side we must have it on the ropes. It looks worried...

The halfling takes a step away, shakes off the sinking feeling and concentrates to cast the next spell.

Concentration to cast defensively, DC17: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (11) + 9 = 20
[standard] Cast (you guessed it!) magic missile
Missile 1 F damage: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2
Missile 2 F damage: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5

But really, a little help from the beefy folk? I think I'm just a light snack for it.

Silver Crusade

Male LG Human Paladin of Iomedae 5 | HP 41/44 | AC 25 T 11 FF 24 | CMB +8, CMD 20 | F: +7, R: +6, W: +8 | Init: +2 | Perc: +6; SM: +10 | Speed 30ft (20 ft in armor) | Detect Evil: At Will | Smite Evil: 2/2 | Lay on Hands: 3/4 | Aura of Courage (10ft) | Active conditions:

Roran groans from his unconscious state.

The Concordance

NG Halfling Ranger 4 Init +6 Perception +11 AC 19, t 15, ff 15 hp 40/40 Fort +9, Ref +10, Will +4; +2 vs. fear,

Seward shrugs I'm doing the best i can here, I'm not really equipped to handle something that can't be arrowed to death.

He fires two more shots.

Rapid Shot: 1d20 + 10 + 1 - 2 ⇒ (18) + 10 + 1 - 2 = 271d6 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 2 + 1 = 7
Rapid Shot: 1d20 + 10 + 1 - 2 ⇒ (9) + 10 + 1 - 2 = 181d6 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 2 + 1 = 6

1,001 to 1,050 of 1,350 << first < prev | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Tealk’s - Core - Thornkeep Series All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.