GM Tealk's - Core - Thornkeep Series

Game Master Tealk

Dark Menagerie - Maps!


901 to 950 of 1,279 << first < prev | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | next > last >>
The Exchange

Male Halfling Air Elemental Sorcerer 6 | HP 26/26 | AC 18 t15 ff15 resist electricity 10 | CMB +1 CMD 14 | F+3 R+6 W+7 | Init+5 | Perc+3 SM+1 | Speed 20' | Elemental Ray 5/8 | Spells 1st 6/8; 2nd 5/6; 3rd 3/4 | Active conditions: none

Telos runs back the other way, cursing under his breath that the creature can't make up its mind and just stay in line of sight...

Okay, let's see how it likes this. Ride the lightning foul creature!

20', move action
elemental ray attack, electricity damage: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (14) + 7 = 211d6 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9

Grand Lodge

CORE-Male elf | Rogue 2 / Illusionist 1 |HP: 18/18 | AC18 T 14 FF 14 | F+0 R+7 W+2 | Init +6 | Perc +8(9 trapfinding) | SM +0 | CMB +2 | CMD 15 | Speed 30

In his cutest voice, as if talking to a puppy, "That's a good boy! I knew you could do it! Yes I did!" suddenly, his voice goes harsh and deep, "Now roll over and die!"

Then he pulls out his scrolls of prot from evil, and casts it on Pietro.

Grand Lodge

CORE-Male elf | Rogue 2 / Illusionist 1 |HP: 18/18 | AC18 T 14 FF 14 | F+0 R+7 W+2 | Init +6 | Perc +8(9 trapfinding) | SM +0 | CMB +2 | CMD 15 | Speed 30

wait if Roran is a paladin and he has protection from Evil and the visitant is evil, then it should not be able to touch him at all right?

Liberty's Edge

Male Human Cleric of Cayden Cailean 5 | hp 43 | AC 19 T 9 FF 19 | CMD 15 | F +7 R +1 W +8 | Spd 20' | Init -1 | KnPla +6, KnRel +7, Perc +3, SensM +3 | channel 5/5 | daze touch 6/6 | Str surge 6/6 | clw wand 11/50 | cmw wand 4/5
Naneryn wrote:
wait if Roran is a paladin and he has protection from Evil and the visitant is evil, then it should not be able to touch him at all right?

Only if the Visitant had been summoned.

"RRAAAGH!"

mwk morningstar v Visitant: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (12) + 6 = 18 damage: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6

Conditions: protection from evil, shield of faith. Note: the defection bonuses don't stack, but the other effects still work together.

Silver Crusade

Male LG Human Paladin of Iomedae 5 | HP 44/44 | AC 25 T 11 FF 24 | CMB +8, CMD 20 | F: +7, R: +6, W: +8 | Init: +2 | Perc: +6; SM: +10 | Speed 30ft (20 ft in armor) | Detect Evil: At Will | Smite Evil: 2/2 | Lay on Hands: 4/4 | Aura of Courage (10ft) | Active conditions:

save: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10

Roran changes tactics, fighting more defensively.

Fighting defensively
magic/slashing: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (9) + 3 = 121d8 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6

AC is 25

Dark Archive

Thonrkeep - Dark Menagerie | Module - Daughters of Fury | Campaign - Return of the Runelords

Botting Seward
Point Blank Shot Rapid Shot Longbow: 1d20 + 10 + 1 - 2 + 1 ⇒ (20) + 10 + 1 - 2 + 1 = 301d6 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 2 + 1 = 8
Point Blank Shot Rapid Shot Longbow: 1d20 + 10 + 1 - 2 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 10 + 1 - 2 + 1 = 131d6 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 2 + 1 = 5

The elemental ray does no damage.

You feel the creature grin, in an absence of a smile, "You think that will help you? You god has failed you!"

Claw: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (2) + 14 = 161d44 ⇒ 8
Claw: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (8) + 14 = 221d44 ⇒ 35
Claw: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (2) + 14 = 161d44 ⇒ 20
Claw: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (11) + 14 = 251d4 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7
Grab;Eviserate: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (19) + 15 = 342d6 ⇒ (3, 5) = 81d4 ⇒ 4 -- @Roran please make me a DC 18 Fortitude save, or take CHA damage.

confirm? Point Blank Shot Rapid Shot Longbow: 1d20 + 10 + 1 - 2 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 10 + 1 - 2 + 1 = 191d6 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 2 + 1 = 5

Combat Tracker! wrote:


Round 12
@ Seward
@ Naneryn -13 lethal
@ Pietro (SOF) -1 lethal
@ Roran -23 lethal (-4 CHA, DC 18 Fort save please.)
@ Telos (shield)

Priest -27 lethal
The Visitant (barkskin, protec) -33 lethal
Team may act!

Liberty's Edge

Male Human Cleric of Cayden Cailean 5 | hp 43 | AC 19 T 9 FF 19 | CMD 15 | F +7 R +1 W +8 | Spd 20' | Init -1 | KnPla +6, KnRel +7, Perc +3, SensM +3 | channel 5/5 | daze touch 6/6 | Str surge 6/6 | clw wand 11/50 | cmw wand 4/5

"Ugh! THIS FIGHT'S GETTING UGLY!" says Pietro looking over at Roran.

concentration (cast defensively, DC 19): 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (13) + 6 = 19

casts spontaneous cure moderate wounds (ditching lesser restoration) v Roran: 2d8 + 3 ⇒ (3, 8) + 3 = 14

He reaches over to tap Roran on the shoulder. He smiles a huge smile, and confesses "I don't even know what this thing is! Did anyone read the description!?" before shifting into a flanking position.

Conditions: protection from evil, shield of faith.

Oh and quick note: Pietro is actually currently armed with Naneryn's cold iron short sword, and not his normal big, heavy morningstar which he had handed-off to the elf in other room full of dretches.

The Exchange

Male Halfling Air Elemental Sorcerer 6 | HP 26/26 | AC 18 t15 ff15 resist electricity 10 | CMB +1 CMD 14 | F+3 R+6 W+7 | Init+5 | Perc+3 SM+1 | Speed 20' | Elemental Ray 5/8 | Spells 1st 6/8; 2nd 5/6; 3rd 3/4 | Active conditions: none

My what? Oh, nah. No "god" provides me with my awesomeness. Here... try a different flavor!

10' backward, move action
Cast magic missile, standard action
Force damage, missile 1: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5
Force damage, missile 2: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5

Silver Crusade

Male LG Human Paladin of Iomedae 5 | HP 44/44 | AC 25 T 11 FF 24 | CMB +8, CMD 20 | F: +7, R: +6, W: +8 | Init: +2 | Perc: +6; SM: +10 | Speed 30ft (20 ft in armor) | Detect Evil: At Will | Smite Evil: 2/2 | Lay on Hands: 4/4 | Aura of Courage (10ft) | Active conditions:

fort save: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (9) + 4 = 13

The paladin, being ripped to shreds, continue to fight.

Fighting defensively
magic/slashing: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (17) + 3 = 201d8 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7

AC is 25

The Concordance

NG Halfling Ranger 4 Init +6 Perception +11 AC 19, t 15, ff 15 hp 40/40 Fort +9, Ref +10, Will +4; +2 vs. fear,

Seward continues to fire away

Point Blank Shot Rapid Shot Longbow: 1d20 + 10 + 1 - 2 ⇒ (6) + 10 + 1 - 2 = 151d6 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3
Point Blank Shot Rapid Shot Longbow: 1d20 + 10 + 1 - 2 ⇒ (3) + 10 + 1 - 2 = 121d6 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5


Prototype GM Tool CR-X

Naneryn delays.

Dark Archive

Thonrkeep - Dark Menagerie | Module - Daughters of Fury | Campaign - Return of the Runelords

The creature winds up, "What a pittifull attempt. You will know, DARKNESS!"

He flies up into the air, just out of reach of the party, and a area of darkness hits the room. You are unable to see through it. Provokes AOOs

Combat Tracker! wrote:


Round 12
@ Seward
@ Naneryn -13 lethal (can take 2 turns worth of actions)
@ Pietro (SOF) -1 lethal
@ Roran -9 lethal (-8 CHA)
@ Telos (shield)

Priest -27 lethal
The Visitant (barkskin, protec) -43 lethal

Team may act!

Liberty's Edge

Male Human Cleric of Cayden Cailean 5 | hp 43 | AC 19 T 9 FF 19 | CMD 15 | F +7 R +1 W +8 | Spd 20' | Init -1 | KnPla +6, KnRel +7, Perc +3, SensM +3 | channel 5/5 | daze touch 6/6 | Str surge 6/6 | clw wand 11/50 | cmw wand 4/5

Pietro stabs at the rear of the thing!

cold iron short sword v Visitant (AoO, flank): 1d20 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 5 + 2 = 20 damage: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3

**Doink!**

The Exchange

Male Halfling Air Elemental Sorcerer 6 | HP 26/26 | AC 18 t15 ff15 resist electricity 10 | CMB +1 CMD 14 | F+3 R+6 W+7 | Init+5 | Perc+3 SM+1 | Speed 20' | Elemental Ray 5/8 | Spells 1st 6/8; 2nd 5/6; 3rd 3/4 | Active conditions: none

The little halfling rolls his eyes at the newly-festering cloud of darkness.

Ugggg. Pietro, you got some daylight for this nonsense?

He looks at both Pietro and Roran, adding, If both of you can back away maybe I can burn it some?

The Concordance

NG Halfling Ranger 4 Init +6 Perception +11 AC 19, t 15, ff 15 hp 40/40 Fort +9, Ref +10, Will +4; +2 vs. fear,

Seward produces and lights a torch.

Liberty's Edge

Male Human Cleric of Cayden Cailean 5 | hp 43 | AC 19 T 9 FF 19 | CMD 15 | F +7 R +1 W +8 | Spd 20' | Init -1 | KnPla +6, KnRel +7, Perc +3, SensM +3 | channel 5/5 | daze touch 6/6 | Str surge 6/6 | clw wand 11/50 | cmw wand 4/5
Telos Downshot wrote:

The little halfling rolls his eyes at the newly-festering cloud of darkness.

Ugggg. Pietro, you got some daylight for this nonsense?

He looks at both Pietro and Roran, adding, If both of you can back away maybe I can burn it some?

It floated up out our reach before darkening the area.

Dark Archive

Thonrkeep - Dark Menagerie | Module - Daughters of Fury | Campaign - Return of the Runelords
Seward Sodalug wrote:
Seward produces and lights a torch.

You would need to drop your bow first? Not sure how you would do that with one hand...

The space around the creature goes dark, as the light from the halflings torch cannot penetrate it.

What is your plan of dealing with this guy, because the combat just turned lethal. Before I bot the rest of the players, I just wanted to know your thoughts...

The Concordance

NG Halfling Ranger 4 Init +6 Perception +11 AC 19, t 15, ff 15 hp 40/40 Fort +9, Ref +10, Will +4; +2 vs. fear,

Upon seeing the torch not work Seward sighs We should just bail for now. We can't hurt this thing.

Silver Crusade

Male LG Human Paladin of Iomedae 5 | HP 44/44 | AC 25 T 11 FF 24 | CMB +8, CMD 20 | F: +7, R: +6, W: +8 | Init: +2 | Perc: +6; SM: +10 | Speed 30ft (20 ft in armor) | Detect Evil: At Will | Smite Evil: 2/2 | Lay on Hands: 4/4 | Aura of Courage (10ft) | Active conditions:

"I hate to admit it, but you are right" Roran says grimacing in pain. "Let us retreat"

Full round withdraw. 40ft back towards the door.

Liberty's Edge

Male Human Cleric of Cayden Cailean 5 | hp 43 | AC 19 T 9 FF 19 | CMD 15 | F +7 R +1 W +8 | Spd 20' | Init -1 | KnPla +6, KnRel +7, Perc +3, SensM +3 | channel 5/5 | daze touch 6/6 | Str surge 6/6 | clw wand 11/50 | cmw wand 4/5

AoO?

The Exchange

Male Halfling Air Elemental Sorcerer 6 | HP 26/26 | AC 18 t15 ff15 resist electricity 10 | CMB +1 CMD 14 | F+3 R+6 W+7 | Init+5 | Perc+3 SM+1 | Speed 20' | Elemental Ray 5/8 | Spells 1st 6/8; 2nd 5/6; 3rd 3/4 | Active conditions: none

Ug, really? We can't do this? Fine. I'm ambitious, but not stupid.

The halfling startings trotting to the west, following Roran's lead.

Full-round run, 4x movement. Placed where I would end up if the western doors are open. If not, I end one square before the doors (so we can be flexible about who has the move action to open them).

Liberty's Edge

Male Human Cleric of Cayden Cailean 5 | hp 43 | AC 19 T 9 FF 19 | CMD 15 | F +7 R +1 W +8 | Spd 20' | Init -1 | KnPla +6, KnRel +7, Perc +3, SensM +3 | channel 5/5 | daze touch 6/6 | Str surge 6/6 | clw wand 11/50 | cmw wand 4/5

I think you are standing in a hole--or maybe that's just how halflings look. ;)

The Exchange

Male Halfling Air Elemental Sorcerer 6 | HP 26/26 | AC 18 t15 ff15 resist electricity 10 | CMB +1 CMD 14 | F+3 R+6 W+7 | Init+5 | Perc+3 SM+1 | Speed 20' | Elemental Ray 5/8 | Spells 1st 6/8; 2nd 5/6; 3rd 3/4 | Active conditions: none

lol, okie, back to the door

Dark Archive

Thonrkeep - Dark Menagerie | Module - Daughters of Fury | Campaign - Return of the Runelords

The party makes their way, as safely as they can for the exit. Light in hand, fending some of the darkness away. You are left with a sence of impending dread, as this thing follows.

It moves closer, as the darkness envelops Pietro. He feels as a cold sensation of blood begin to roll down his side, as he struggles to keep his stomach from falling out of his body.

Claw: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (9) + 14 = 231d4 + 4 + 2d6 ⇒ (1) + 4 + (6, 6) = 17
Grab;Eviserate: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (16) + 15 = 312d6 ⇒ (2, 1) = 31d4 ⇒ 2 -- @Pietro please make me a DC 18 Fortitude save, or take CHA damage.

For some reason, it lets the priest go. You feel like it's toying with you at this point.

Combat Tracker! wrote:


Round 14
@ Seward
@ Naneryn -13 lethal (can take 2 turns worth of actions)
@ Pietro (SOF) -21 lethal (fort save please)
@ Roran -9 lethal (-8 CHA)
@ Telos (shield)

Priest -27 lethal
The Visitant (barkskin, protec) -43 lethal

Team may act!

Liberty's Edge

Male Human Cleric of Cayden Cailean 5 | hp 43 | AC 19 T 9 FF 19 | CMD 15 | F +7 R +1 W +8 | Spd 20' | Init -1 | KnPla +6, KnRel +7, Perc +3, SensM +3 | channel 5/5 | daze touch 6/6 | Str surge 6/6 | clw wand 11/50 | cmw wand 4/5
Pietro Slaszval the Boisterous wrote:
AoO?!?!
Roran Garrowson wrote:
Full round withdraw. 40ft back towards the door.

I don't think you can withdraw when all you have is an Attack of Opportunity opportunity when the thing moved out of range to summon the darkness, unless Roran is passing on it and just waiting for his turn. Then if he is, Roran is probably blinded by darkness making withdraw impossible. So maybe AoO first?

Fort save: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (20) + 6 = 26

And on that note GM, don't I get a turn before whatever it is tries to pull out my beard. I only got an attack of opportunity in the middle of the creature's turn and may have just wasted a sweet possible critical after all. ;)

Roran Garrowson wrote:
"I hate to admit it, but you are right" Roran says grimacing in pain. "Let us retreat"

"SURE! POINT THE WAY!" Pietro shouts from somewhere within the supernatural darkness.

I'll note the damage (if necessary) as soon as I know who's turn it is.

The Concordance

NG Halfling Ranger 4 Init +6 Perception +11 AC 19, t 15, ff 15 hp 40/40 Fort +9, Ref +10, Will +4; +2 vs. fear,

Seward withdraws

Dark Archive

Thonrkeep - Dark Menagerie | Module - Daughters of Fury | Campaign - Return of the Runelords

Back to the previous round...Round 13

@Pietro - you are right. You didn't actually take your turn's worth of actions, so you can do so now. Please, take the natural 20 if you wish to see what would have happened. :)

@Roran - you would have gotten an attack of opportunity as it moved up to cast darkness. From my understanding, in darkness you would be blinded, so you will need to make a DC 10 Acrobatics skill check to move faster than half speed.

I will wait for these to be resolved before moving on, apologies for the confusion.

Liberty's Edge

Male Human Cleric of Cayden Cailean 5 | hp 43 | AC 19 T 9 FF 19 | CMD 15 | F +7 R +1 W +8 | Spd 20' | Init -1 | KnPla +6, KnRel +7, Perc +3, SensM +3 | channel 5/5 | daze touch 6/6 | Str surge 6/6 | clw wand 11/50 | cmw wand 4/5

So this all assumes that 1) Roran doesn't kill whatever it is first, and 2) everyone else is still planning on high-tailing away. Pietro can't hit the Visitant since it floated up out of range (one assumes) to create the darkness away from prying sword swipes. So Pietro uses his action (and his natural 20 for acrobatics) to run away since the thing is probably too high to threaten him, or maybe dead.

Silver Crusade

Male LG Human Paladin of Iomedae 5 | HP 44/44 | AC 25 T 11 FF 24 | CMB +8, CMD 20 | F: +7, R: +6, W: +8 | Init: +2 | Perc: +6; SM: +10 | Speed 30ft (20 ft in armor) | Detect Evil: At Will | Smite Evil: 2/2 | Lay on Hands: 4/4 | Aura of Courage (10ft) | Active conditions:

aOO+fighting defensively: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 51d8 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7

According to withdrawal, I cannot do so when I am considered blinded, which I am since I am in darkness meaning. I will just double move action 10 feet to get out of the darkness and avoid the acrobatics check, and then move a full 20ft closer to the door.

The Exchange

Male Halfling Air Elemental Sorcerer 6 | HP 26/26 | AC 18 t15 ff15 resist electricity 10 | CMB +1 CMD 14 | F+3 R+6 W+7 | Init+5 | Perc+3 SM+1 | Speed 20' | Elemental Ray 5/8 | Spells 1st 6/8; 2nd 5/6; 3rd 3/4 | Active conditions: none

are we set to continue with turns in the round then? the attack roll clearly doesn't finish it but now we have the issue of getting out safely, including Roran.

Dark Archive

Thonrkeep - Dark Menagerie | Module - Daughters of Fury | Campaign - Return of the Runelords

Yep, we are fine to continue. In that case, if you are all fleeing, the Visitant would have not attacked, rather moved up closer.

Combat Tracker! wrote:


Round 14, again
Seward
@ Naneryn -13 lethal
@ Pietro (SOF) -1 lethal
@ Roran -9 lethal (-8 CHA)
@ Telos (shield)

Priest -27 lethal
The Visitant (barkskin, protec) -43 lethal
Team may act!

Liberty's Edge

Male Human Cleric of Cayden Cailean 5 | hp 43 | AC 19 T 9 FF 19 | CMD 15 | F +7 R +1 W +8 | Spd 20' | Init -1 | KnPla +6, KnRel +7, Perc +3, SensM +3 | channel 5/5 | daze touch 6/6 | Str surge 6/6 | clw wand 11/50 | cmw wand 4/5

CHASE SCENE!!

"JINKIES!"

At some point Pietro is forced by sudden surprise or fear to jump into either Naneryn or one of the halfling's arms who are then forced to run while carrying him. (Total encumbrance: about 350 lbs.)

Then he jumps onto the "boomstick" imagining it to be a sort of rocket-powered witch's broom, pulls the trigger and goes flying into the Visitant knocking him silly. Later, the Visitant is revealed to have been Baron Blackshield all along. He had been faking an alien invasion in order to collect on a lucrative dungeon insurance policy, and he would have gotten away with it too if it hadn't been for Roran, Pietro, Naneryn, and those two kids!

Afterward, I think the gang all deserve a Naneryn Snack™.

That is unless someone else has a plan. ;)

The Exchange

Male Halfling Air Elemental Sorcerer 6 | HP 26/26 | AC 18 t15 ff15 resist electricity 10 | CMB +1 CMD 14 | F+3 R+6 W+7 | Init+5 | Perc+3 SM+1 | Speed 20' | Elemental Ray 5/8 | Spells 1st 6/8; 2nd 5/6; 3rd 3/4 | Active conditions: none

Hehe, well, it's giving chase? and it's immune to nearly everything we can dish out, no?

Everyone through the door! Then we'll try to bar it... or something

Telos rushes on through and waits for the others.

movement

Liberty's Edge

Male Human Cleric of Cayden Cailean 5 | hp 43 | AC 19 T 9 FF 19 | CMD 15 | F +7 R +1 W +8 | Spd 20' | Init -1 | KnPla +6, KnRel +7, Perc +3, SensM +3 | channel 5/5 | daze touch 6/6 | Str surge 6/6 | clw wand 11/50 | cmw wand 4/5
Telos Downshot wrote:
Hehe, well, it's giving chase? and it's immune to nearly everything we can dish out, no?

That's not what the damage tracker says, so somebody's hurt it. Now though we we don't have a way of reaching/targeting it (as far as I know) because of flight and darkness. So retreat is probably our only option unless someone has an everburning torch on them. We might try to lure it into a narrow space. I nominate the next person the GM has to bot! ;)

And another thing, why are we running into a hole in the ground? GM how deep is the pit/high is the bridge? Pietro is not the best for running jumps. We came in via a door to the south.

Roran, you don't/didn't need to officially Withdraw last round. It wasn't threatening you it was about 15+feet overhead. Pietro just ran underneath it.

"Um, you do know that there's a pit in there, right? AND WHERE'S MY MORNINGSTAR? NANERYN, YOU HAVEN'T DROPPED IT HAVE YOU?"

The Exchange

Male Halfling Air Elemental Sorcerer 6 | HP 26/26 | AC 18 t15 ff15 resist electricity 10 | CMB +1 CMD 14 | F+3 R+6 W+7 | Init+5 | Perc+3 SM+1 | Speed 20' | Elemental Ray 5/8 | Spells 1st 6/8; 2nd 5/6; 3rd 3/4 | Active conditions: none

Isn't that the "pit" we had to cross to get here?

Liberty's Edge

Male Human Cleric of Cayden Cailean 5 | hp 43 | AC 19 T 9 FF 19 | CMD 15 | F +7 R +1 W +8 | Spd 20' | Init -1 | KnPla +6, KnRel +7, Perc +3, SensM +3 | channel 5/5 | daze touch 6/6 | Str surge 6/6 | clw wand 11/50 | cmw wand 4/5

Yes, via the bridge that runs north-south. I marked the door on the map we came in by.

The Exchange

Male Halfling Air Elemental Sorcerer 6 | HP 26/26 | AC 18 t15 ff15 resist electricity 10 | CMB +1 CMD 14 | F+3 R+6 W+7 | Init+5 | Perc+3 SM+1 | Speed 20' | Elemental Ray 5/8 | Spells 1st 6/8; 2nd 5/6; 3rd 3/4 | Active conditions: none

No, I got that, I just couldn't remember how we'd dealt with the pit. What I just remembered is that I think we did something to cause the bridge to rotate. I'm guessing there's not a switch on this side.

Dark Archive

Thonrkeep - Dark Menagerie | Module - Daughters of Fury | Campaign - Return of the Runelords

Haha, all fair points. By my calculations I don't think you have any way of dealing with the darkness. Yes, you be damaged it, but it still looks really healthy. Only Roran and Telos have hurt it. Seward chipped some damage also.

So I'm guessing you are retreating? If that is unanimous, we can fast forward as you'll all make it out of the room. Currently, the rotatory bridge is on your level, but you will need to pull the lever to drop it to the floor beneath you.

I'm gonna let you guys decide, but the way we are moving, I'll do a big post tomorrow about you retreating and regrouping. Making it out of this encounter alive is a win in itself. If you leave, are you coming back to see if you can finish the job?

The Exchange

Male Halfling Air Elemental Sorcerer 6 | HP 26/26 | AC 18 t15 ff15 resist electricity 10 | CMB +1 CMD 14 | F+3 R+6 W+7 | Init+5 | Perc+3 SM+1 | Speed 20' | Elemental Ray 5/8 | Spells 1st 6/8; 2nd 5/6; 3rd 3/4 | Active conditions: none

Since I don't have a way to deal with the darkness, I likely can't target it with spells right now (otherwise I would unload on it with remaining magic missiles. If we come back to finish the job something has to be different (maybe the cleric preparing different spells? shrug)

Liberty's Edge

Male Human Cleric of Cayden Cailean 5 | hp 43 | AC 19 T 9 FF 19 | CMD 15 | F +7 R +1 W +8 | Spd 20' | Init -1 | KnPla +6, KnRel +7, Perc +3, SensM +3 | channel 5/5 | daze touch 6/6 | Str surge 6/6 | clw wand 11/50 | cmw wand 4/5

Well, Pietro has about 5d8+9 worth of cure spells to throw around should we need it (assuming he can touch folks), but what we need are 3rd level light spells cast by a 5th level+ character. Of course fireball might work too. I don't currently have anything to deal with darkness or flight aside from suggesting we limit the space of the area the fight happens in like those narrow corridors to the south.RUN! ;)

Dark Archive

Thonrkeep - Dark Menagerie | Module - Daughters of Fury | Campaign - Return of the Runelords

Alrighty then.

With the darkness growing behind you, you run without looking back. You can't remember who pulled the leaver to help you make it to the lower level, but that's all in the past now. The Visitant howls, and you feel the vibration s shake the entire dungeon as you run...run for your lives. You're not sure how long it takes you to get out, but eventually, the cool air of Thornkeep greats you. You're all shaking, but not from the cold. The fear is still there, and the scars left on some of you will be reminders of this day.

As you stand there, contemplating on your next move, you think that this is all behind you now. But is it? That thing is still down there, stopping you from investigating further. Do you regroup now, and go in after some well deserved rest? Or so you leave, and come back hoping that this creature got bored of its nest. Whatever decision you make, this is your reality. A creature from another world inhabits the dungeon, and for some reason, Nhur Athemon is okay with that. Yet, the Azlanti wizard let you live another day. What do you do, with the time given to you?

Your options are as follows, team. So please come to a unanimous decision. We can discuss this is discussion. (1) You can have another attempt at the fight, maybe purchasing some more consumables, scrolls now that you know what to expect. (2) We call this floor complete, you got partial reward, but we continue with another scenario to make sure you are appropriately leveled for Part 4 of Thornkeep. You decide.

Dark Archive

Thonrkeep - Dark Menagerie | Module - Daughters of Fury | Campaign - Return of the Runelords

The next few days go by just as quickly as you'd expected. It's truly hard, trying to get over such a brutal defeat. The feeling of powerlessness and the cold of the battle still linger on all your minds as you try your hardest to forget, and heal. For some of you in particular, the scars on your bodies will be permeant reminders of the evil you faced in the dungeon. However, with the threat still looming in the dark, there is only one thing on all of your minds - vengeance.

Some of you seek to forget, and what better way is there to do so, other then at the bottom of a keg of ale. The Greenforest Inn becomes an all to familiar place over the next week of recovery. You spend much of your found gold on whatever entertainment you can get. At least, the alcohol and the gambling help takes your mind off things, but only for a short time. Every since you got back, Brother Eldrast has been giving you strange looks, and finally on the second or third day he approaches the party. "You saw he, didn't you? Down there...? My apprentice? Oh my sweet Iklavna, she's still alive isn't she? What is that thing doing to her - no - what is it making her do?" He get's a little too close for comfort as he begins examining Pietro's and Roran's wounds. "Oh this is...serious. Here, I will do what I can to help, but please...please bring by apprentice back...unless she is too far gone..." You see a flicker of compassion in the old dwarfs eyes. His strong hands tend to your wounds, making the pain a little more bearable. Another question crosses your minds, is the lady priest too far gone, or can she really be redeemed?

As the thoughts dance around in your mind, you all prepare as much as you individually can. Replenishing your supplies, some of you take the time to go to the market, or even rummage through some of the Goldenfire Order's resources. You are able to find everything you are looking for without too much trouble. The head of the order says a prayer, and wishes you all the best on your journey back down into the gloom of the catacombs, "I commend your bravery. Although I think it is stupid to return, I understand that it needs to be done. May the Bright Mother's light guide you on your way through."

Alright, please post your individual purchases either in here, or discussion. I won't allow for take-back-sies once we are fighting again.

After a week, you find yourselves once again retracing your steps down into Thornkeep. The front doors open with a sigh, as the cold and musky air rushes out into the open. A familiar way down, it doesn't take you long to make it back to the start of the third floor.

You open the doors to the bridge room, and begin to cross. The familiar avatar of Abraxas flickers into existance blocking your way forward. This time, you recognise the Azlanti frase, "Nga largimi i të cilëve je kërkojnë Kutitë e Enigmës?"

Alrighty, and we are off when everyone posts what buffs they want to put on. What you guys do next.

Liberty's Edge

Male Human Cleric of Cayden Cailean 5 | hp 43 | AC 19 T 9 FF 19 | CMD 15 | F +7 R +1 W +8 | Spd 20' | Init -1 | KnPla +6, KnRel +7, Perc +3, SensM +3 | channel 5/5 | daze touch 6/6 | Str surge 6/6 | clw wand 11/50 | cmw wand 4/5
GM Tealk wrote:
The next few days go by just as quickly as you'd expected. It's truly hard, trying to get over such a brutal defeat.

Though not for everyone.

"AND THEN IT PUT ITS CLAW INTO RORAN'S FACE MUSHED IT UP." Pietro points at the paladin if he happens to be in the bar, if not he has his listeners step outside to one of the windows which he smooshes his face up against from the inside.

GM Tealk wrote:
The feeling of powerlessness and the cold of the battle still linger on all your minds as you try your hardest to forget, and heal.

Later, he dances a boisterous jig meant for young girls about a Maypole.

GM Tealk wrote:
Some of you seek to forget....

"'FORGET!?' FORGET WHAT!? ANY FIGHT YOU CAN SURVIVE AND COME BACK WITH A TALE ABOUT IS GOOD ENOUGH FOR ME!"

For the record, Pietro isn't going back in unless there is an actual, workable plan agreed upon.

Dark Archive

Thonrkeep - Dark Menagerie | Module - Daughters of Fury | Campaign - Return of the Runelords

All very fair points. Sorry, just trying to play up the dread. We will wait for everyone to post before final decisions. What's the plan, team?

Liberty's Edge

Male Human Cleric of Cayden Cailean 5 | hp 43 | AC 19 T 9 FF 19 | CMD 15 | F +7 R +1 W +8 | Spd 20' | Init -1 | KnPla +6, KnRel +7, Perc +3, SensM +3 | channel 5/5 | daze touch 6/6 | Str surge 6/6 | clw wand 11/50 | cmw wand 4/5
GM Tealk wrote:
All very fair points. Sorry, just trying to play up the dread. We will wait for everyone to post before final decisions. What's the plan, team?

No worries. I was just pointing out Pietro's view of the dread. So who's chipping in on powerful one-shot light magic?

The Exchange

Male Halfling Air Elemental Sorcerer 6 | HP 26/26 | AC 18 t15 ff15 resist electricity 10 | CMB +1 CMD 14 | F+3 R+6 W+7 | Init+5 | Perc+3 SM+1 | Speed 20' | Elemental Ray 5/8 | Spells 1st 6/8; 2nd 5/6; 3rd 3/4 | Active conditions: none

75gp a piece if we all chip in. Telos is definitely in.

The Concordance

NG Halfling Ranger 4 Init +6 Perception +11 AC 19, t 15, ff 15 hp 40/40 Fort +9, Ref +10, Will +4; +2 vs. fear,

75 gold. Sold.

Seward rests uneasily that night. He keeps replaying the horrors of the floor.

Fat Man, we need to face these horrors eyes wide open. I have the luxury of living my life with no regrets. My life only really began with my manumission. SO let's go. And if we die, at least I lived.

Dark Archive

Thonrkeep - Dark Menagerie | Module - Daughters of Fury | Campaign - Return of the Runelords

For lack of the player being here, I would think that our friendly neighbourhood rogue - Naneryn, would also gladly pitch in for a scroll of Daylight.

Dark Archive

Thonrkeep - Dark Menagerie | Module - Daughters of Fury | Campaign - Return of the Runelords

So, I think we are all here now guys, save for Naneryn. You can all split on the scroll of daylight. I think Pietro might be concerned about going back in without a plan. Three of you can cast Daylight on your spell list, who is holding onto the scroll. Who has the best chance of making the caster level check? Other then that, I am ready to go.

The image of Abraxas waits patiently for your answer to his question, repeating himself one more time, "Nga largimi i të cilëve je kërkojnë Kutitë e Enigmës?"

We press play once we say the answer to the riddle, I will move us up to the main floor.

The Exchange

Male Halfling Air Elemental Sorcerer 6 | HP 26/26 | AC 18 t15 ff15 resist electricity 10 | CMB +1 CMD 14 | F+3 R+6 W+7 | Init+5 | Perc+3 SM+1 | Speed 20' | Elemental Ray 5/8 | Spells 1st 6/8; 2nd 5/6; 3rd 3/4 | Active conditions: none

We are acolytes of Nhur Athemon and we are ready to enter the Enigma Vaults...

He mutters as he trails off.

At least I hope we are. Last time didn't go so well...

He fishes out his wand of Mage Armor and uses it on himself. Mage armor, 1 hour

It looks like the rest of you are sufficiently armored up already so this wouldn't help you.

He then gets out his wand of magic weapon and offers it up.

This only lasts a minute, but whoever would like to enhance their weapon, let me know just before we enter the battle.

Magic weapon, 1m; available for whoever wants it at the last possible moment before the battle.

901 to 950 of 1,279 << first < prev | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Tealk’s - Core - Thornkeep Series All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.